JIRA Software reviews

JIRA Software

Project- en Probleemtracking Software - Ontdek waarom JIRA nummer 1 is!

4.3/5 (7329 review)
Mikael S.
Vertalen met Google

The best tool for a product manager

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My experience has been great with JIRA and I have setup the product in my last two organizations. In my current role, the entire company has moved all their projects to JIRA. Despite some pesky UI bugs here and there, JIRA does everything that I need and has become a critical piece of my day-to-day work. It's never easy to build a product for product people, but JIRA has found a way to do most of what I need. I only wish the business would invest a bit more effort into their support team, but since many companies are already using JIRA, the internet has become a great substitute.

Pluspunten

JIRA gives me so much functionality out of the box. Within five minutes, I can create a board and invite my whole team to start working with me. It doesn't take long to customize your presentation of work to make it specific to your business. It has become the standard for the industry and with good reason; JIRA gives me everything that I need to track performance and ensure a timely release.

Minpunten

There are occasionally some annoying bugs that will present themselves, but it's never something that really prevents me from using the product effectively; usually it's an annoying UI bug that looks messy or ugly. For the most part, many of the people that complain about the product just don't know how to use it 'as is out of the box'. The more configurations you try to make, the more problems you can create for yourself. Aside from this, their customer service is quite lackluster and it often takes days if not weeks to hear back from support - usually the bugs are fixed before you even get a response.

Steve M.
Vertalen met Google

If you tried it before and got confused, it's way easier now

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We did an extensive search and ended up with JIRA for project management for my team and for our cross-department projects. We've been using it now with our marketing team for several months, and I had previously used it with product teams (developers), and the overall experience is that it provides the best PM experience for our team of all the options out there.

Pluspunten

They've managed to provide easy to use projects, next-gen, that have most of the power but are SUPER easy to use. We love the new Kanban boards and the ability to turn off features and hide complexity wherever needed.

Minpunten

The next-gen projects are moving fast, but it feels like at this point you have to choose *either* power *or* ease of use. Classic projects (power) or next-gen (easy) are competing, so I'm hoping they will be able to eventually provide all the power in the easy next-gen projects.

Marc G.
Vertalen met Google

Flexible but not at all fun

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Originally we wanted Jira to be the place for Product and Development. But we soon realised that we needed a separate app for the product team instead. So now the product team work outside Jira and only when it's ready for Development will a ticket get created and planned in the backlog ready for a sprint.

Jira helps the Product Manager to know the status of features, bugs and tasks and allows the development team to ask questions relating to the ticket in the comment section. That way there is full visibility of the discussions for future reference.

Pluspunten

The biggest strength that Jira has to offer is how customisable the app is. We're forever fine tuning how how development flows are setup and I've never run into an issue where what we wanted to achieve could not be possible. The workflow editor is pretty straight forward once you figure out how to map these to specific projects and features.

It also has a mammoth number of apps that can integrate with it, which can greatly help simplify your organisations stack. We use a bunch of apps that connect to Jira such as Slack and Git.

The mobile app is pretty good and more simple to use. There's also a new iOS app that you can run on a mac that seems to be a slightly faster and more user friendly version. However, I haven't quite worked out how to tailor the notifications.

The search is very powerful!

Minpunten

It is very slow to load pages and jump between stories. When using this on a daily basis it really gets annoying.

When we need to change a setting it's hard to work out where to go. I have to say I've never seen another app quite like Jira which has so many different places to go to in order to change very similar settings.

If someone accidentally creates a ticket with the wrong type the only way to change it is to Move the ticket. And I can't seem to change the status of the ticket at the same time. So often an Open bug ticket becomes an Open feature ticket, which really should still be in Draft.

7.0/10
Aaron R.
Vertalen met Google

Powerful, enterprise software that might be more than you need

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We use Jira as a kanban/agile project management tool in software development. The workflow is well understood by most developers and onboarding new team members into our system is a breeze. It is good at tracking projects and managing sprints.

Pluspunten

As an SDLC management tool it excels. It's designed from the ground up for tracking user stories, tasks, epics, sprints, etc. in large organizations. It is excellent for cross functional team collaboration and really shines in a mature environment that doesn't change frequently or quickly. It is continuously improving and it is obvious that the JIRA team is very proactive and dedicated to staying ahead of the competition in features and services.

Minpunten

It is overkill for smaller teams or products that are very early in their life. When projects and teams are very dynamic, Jira projects become bloated, cumbersome, and fragmented. This product really is suited for larger, mature organizations that already have strong procedural discipline and rather monolithic approval/decision making. I know it's supporting agile methodology but really it's rigidness is more aligned with waterfall type management.

Ajesh G.
Vertalen met Google

Finest application for the Agile software lifecycle

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I use JIRA in all the Agile software development for classification and bug tracking for every user with Dashboards. I am satisfied with the JIRA features but I think JIRA needs to provide more integration towards CICD tools so that user can get more idea about the bug tracking.

Pluspunten

Easy to create Agile dashboards to track bugs in different development life cycle. We can also extract informations regarding the user specific tickets created and worked for any period of time. Also we can attache documents to gives an entire idea about the the bugs and time tracker in comment section provides how much time it takes to fix the bugs. In the software industry JIRA is one of the widely used Bug tracking platform. The idea of classification of tickets like EPIC,Task are very useful to identify the work load needed for that ticket.

Minpunten

Need exact date and time of the ticket creation and comments when the ticket gets older, right now it describes like the ticket is "created more two weeks ago". JIRA also needs to integration with CICD tools for more information regarding the bug tracking and fixing. JIRA should provide a dashboard for each user how much time he worked on a ticket to track the overall work time and also it will be very easy for the Administrator also.

Youness M.

Jira is the Best Project Management Software

Beoordeeld op 13-8-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

THe best software for project management ever.
It's paid, but even for our size of projects, we still love to spend some money on it and enjoy the good project management.

Pluspunten

Everything ! the software is very powerful, it has a lot of options and features:
- Scrum, Agility and flexibility of changing flows.
- Security setup for every type of users.
- A lot of features ( no way to compare it with any other software i know )
- Very simple to use
- Sprints support..
- High Availability.
- Awesome Designs ( old and new ).
And so many other things i love about JIRA

Minpunten

I wish the cost was a little more less for small sized companies.

Cristian B.
Vertalen met Google

Jira for bug tracking and project management

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I highly recommend Jira for a bug tracking tool and especially for Agile software teams. For us it has really made a difference in terms of: team collaboration, Agile methodology adoption, decreased time to market of new projects/new features and on the overall teams' spirit. We have seen a wide adoption for the other departments as well, non software development.

Pluspunten

We used several bug tracking tools in the past but Jira is by far the best one. What I like most:
- user friendly interface, provides a nice user experience
- Agile SCRUM/Kanban support out of the box
- extremely configurable on almost everything
- extendable through custom scripting, either built-in or via addons
- very collaborative
- there are thousands of addons in the marketplace; you can even write your own

Minpunten

Being so flexible to be configured, the learning curve for admins is a little steep.
The price is based on the number of users and if you experience wide user adoption in a big company, you end up in paying more for upgrading to the next tier, than if you would pay for that tier first time.

Adam S.

Great for Backlogs and Organizing Software Releases - Bad For Agility

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Great software, but I couldn't believe there was no native chat support for assisting with issues. Really Atlassian? Are you that proud of the UI? You shouldn't be... you probably bought Trello because enough people were having a hard time figuring out all of Jira's quirks. Trello is so much easier and faster to get up and running for projects, so that was a good buy. Take notes.

Pluspunten

The backlog and features for managing the backlog with different methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, or Kanban + Scrum hybrid are very flexible. Planning sprints, releasing sprints, and looking at history of what was done is very organized.

Minpunten

Cumbersome to setup. Workflows for issues and UI/UX for creating them is not easy to understand. Sure you can figure it out, but it will require a lot of facepalms. It's good for larger organizations with several cross-functional teams, but if you are a smaller organization stick with Trello and checklists for the cards if sub-tasks are needed. The sub-tasks in Jira are just plain awful to work with, and will end up wasting a lot of time for your team.

Perfect Combination of Customizable, Detail-Oriented, and Easy to Use

Beoordeeld op 20-6-2019

Pluspunten

I love JIRA. I use it professionally and personally. Even though it is primarily a task manager for software development, I have found that it is flexible enough to be used for all sorts of projects. It is amazing how customizable it is; you can configure your project settings to your already existing workflow, whatever it may be. While the initial setup can be time consuming, once you have your settings configured, using the tool is a breeze. It takes seconds to create tasks, start springs, evaluate progress, etc. I find that this makes JIRA standout from other task managers. In most cases, if the software allows for detail-oriented task management the process of inputting and tracking the tasks themselves is cumbersome. Entering and tracking tasks should not have to be another time-consuming task! The JIRA web application is also excellent, making it easy to enter or track tasks on-the-go.

Minpunten

I think there is a lot of potential with Jira's NextGen projects, however, the software rollout has been uneven and often not well documented. I wish this process would have been better thought out to make transitioning to NextGen projects smoother.

Patrick B.

JIRA is a Great Tool - for the Right Teams

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2019

Pluspunten

The best part about JIRA is how visual the UI is. It is incredibly easy to track down and track through different tasks and sprints without having the hassle of digging through a 90s-style ticket system. My other absolute favorite thing about JIRA is the simple ability to tag individual users basically anywhere. This saves an incredible amount of time due to the way in which notifications are handled in and outside of the system. Collaboration is beyond easy with JIRA.

Minpunten

Many of the most important features are being deprecated over time, and the customer service component of the software seems ineffective at best. Some of the best features have been removed and the highest priorities on their roadmap aren't those that would severely increase users' quality of life. I think this is part of a growing process that the company is going through, but it does cause some heartache on the regular to think that our business desires aren't being met - even through months of users requesting the simplest of features.

Vertalen met Google

JIRA- Easy to Plan, Track & Release Project.

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall, experience with JIRA is just awesome.
Simple tool to maintain the team's effort and Project's status on a single page, Project boards.
Would blindly recommend JIRA for simple and complex Agile projects.
Happy Project Tracking :)

Pluspunten

I have been working on an Agile Project and I would say this is the best tool for the below reasons,
* Better visualization of the project roadmap for the team.
*Customizable options, Kanban and Scrum boards that can be modified as per the project and fields to be displayed, columns on board for the flow of tickets, etc..
* Easy task allocation and tracking, from both Manger's and team members view.
* Allows the user to create/edit respective items, for example making file and screenshot attachments just a click away.
* Integration with other apps used by the project is simple. Namely apps like TestRail & Confluence.
* Best part is the backlog, which helps to create/track ticket then and there when required and work on it in future.
* Viewing logs is easy as every action is tracked.
* Easy filtering options and report generation for project statuses.
* Filter out tickets release-wise, helpful for regression.

Minpunten

For the simplicity of the application, I could hardly think of any major negative points.
I faced this situation so just sharing it. If the team member is released from a project he/she has no option to request via.JIRA to dissociate from the Project Board/unsubscribe from getting emails related to the ex-project. Inbox gets loaded with all the comments and action performed by the ex-team members.

Joshua M.

Jira: An Essential Task Management Application

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My experience with Jira has been fantastic. Overall, once a team gets used to the 'ticketing' structure, there are a lot of organizational efficiencies that can be gained. The standardization of ticketing can help teams navigate through areas of need and allocate resources from other projects if ahead of schedule. Jira works phenomenally as a tool to help manage projects both large and small. I have helped test and implement projects that have utilized Jira as the primary project management tool and believe that it is a state-of-the-art solution. Overall, I cannot recommend this service enough!

Pluspunten

I use Jira for Project Management in my occupation. As a worker in a large enterprise, Jira does a phenomenal job of creating a fantastic user experience for both desktop and mobile. I think mobile project management is especially intuitive with this service. Where Jira stands apart from other standard project management tools is in its ability to track issues throughout an entire development lifecycle. Tickets are an essential component to keeping work organized and teams moving forward. The ability to collaborate via comments is unparalleled. Jira also offers extensive add-ons and pre-created templates for those just learning the service. When tracking projects, I never felt overly-encumbered by high learning curves or a clunky interface. Jira allowed me to work with many of the tools I am comfortable with and expand my potential.

Minpunten

From my experience, the largest pain-point / decision point between my team is on the issue of creating 'tickets'. While Jira is a very detail oriented application, this detail can sometimes become quite cumbersome. For example, the process of creating and resolving tickets can sometimes feel even longer than completing the task itself. Furthermore, it is difficult, if not impossible to close a ticket if you are not the creator. Therefore, project managers need to carry significant oversight as task statuses change. Therefore, tickets are very controversial but also an essential component to completing work successfully on this platform.

The "Ticket or No Ticket" Debate

Beoordeeld op 19-3-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It took time to get buy-in from the entire IT department to fully utilize JIRA. However, now that the whole department is all-in, JIRA has truly made our work effort much easier. We now have internal business partners who utilize JIRA to review work status, set priorities, and create new tickets when issues/upgrades present themselves. With an organization our size, I can't imagine not utilizing something like JIRA...not sure how we did it all in the past.

Pluspunten

The best part about JIRA is the ability to keep track of all work being done via tickets. I love that JIRA works for all kinds of styles of work. We work within an Agile environment, with some teams using Scrum and other teams using Kanban. No matter how the team is structured, they utilize JIRA tickets. This is great because there is a single repository for all work being done and we can easily search for tickets across all the different teams. The use of Epics vs. Stories is very easy too. We can keep track of what tickets belong to which effort with ease and show the progress of work through the tickets. We can also easily maintain a backlog of tickets. If two separate people submit a similar ticket (or at least two tickets that reference the same work effort), we can combine those tickets easily so that we aren't feeling overwhelmed with more tickets than actual work.

Minpunten

The biggest debate among our team members is when it is necessary to create a ticket. JIRA has created a culture of needing to log every little thing, even if it takes just a moment to complete the work. Sometimes, it takes longer to create the ticket than to complete the task at hand. That tells me there is too much reliance on JIRA to report work completed. It causes some in management to show that their department is succeeding simply by the number of tickets completed. But the tickets don't tell the whole story, especially because there isn't a time component to those tickets being completed.

Gabriel C.
Vertalen met Google

Expensive but extremely effective for project management

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

In a few words JIRA is a task tracking software that makes life easier when working on a project.

Once the initial setup is in place (easy to do for common scenarios ) all is left for an administrator is to manage the list of projects and user accounts.
Note that parts of the process (e.g.: customizing workflows) need to be done up-front, since this will become more complex once one or more projects are configured and in-use

As for usability, it is one of the best tracking systems I've ever used: as a developer/QA you can easily update the status of your work in a user-friendly way. As a manager, you can always get the overview you need by just opening a screen or a report (most of what you need is in place by default)

What's best about it is that as long as it is installed on-premises, it can be used as a central point of information for everyone involved with a project. The fact that it can be integrated with other common software industry tools adds further benefit from this.

In the end, I should probably add that I've been using all kinds of bug tracking systems for about 15 years (starting with ancient tools like redmine going through PivotalTracker or VersionOne or JIRA) and almost all of them were either missing features that I deemed important or "spartan" usage/layouts that constraint the usage.
JIRA just provides everything that's needed in completing a project out-of-the-box (whether it's Agile, Waterfall or Kanban or whatnot)

- Overviews & quick access to information
- Possibility to integrate with most commonly used systems (it integrates with pretty much all mainstream tools, nut just the ones from Atlassian) - you can integrate it even with continuous integration tools or test management tools (e.g. TestRails)
- Security control (everything is fine grained, tools to configure fine-grain access are already integrated
- Comes out of the box with the most common work scenarios (client onside/offsite, development only/development + product management, etc)
- Reporting (easy to extract the things that matter (whether this is worked hours or development velocity)
- Version management (easy to manage what features are grouped in a release, or what fixtures were done for which version)
- Workflows can be customized to match just about any real-life usage scenario
- Allows for both on-premises (self-hosted) installation and cloud usage.
- Configurable dashboards

Minpunten

- Pricing - it is prohibitively expensive for small companies, although they are making steps to minimize this with the new pricing models (e.g.: a few years ago they started allowing up to 5 accounts per project and unlimited projects, for a fixed yearly fee).

Vertalen met Google

A very powerful task tracking system

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

JIRA is easy to use and great for managing work tasks on a project, however customization options are often only available to admins.

Pluspunten

Our company uses JIRA to manage work tasks. It has all the important features for assigning work to team members, tracking how long each task takes, notifications, capturing comments and hours worked. The tools allows for the flexibility to create your own JIRA ticket types or categories, with any kind of number of input fields. Data fields may be dropdown boxes, tags, values, or free text. Fields inherently have the ability to recognize hyperlinks and add those in once you type out a link, and it also recognizes JIRA links, such that if you enter a JIRA ID tag, it automatically creates a hyperlink to that JIRA entry. JIRA supports Agile development schemes and tickets could be easily tracked through a JIRA Dashboard. JIRA filters are also easy to use. You may use the basic query that provides you with simple dropdown fields for common elements, or you can create more advanced queries using JQL.

Minpunten

Being a JIRA user can be limiting as you only have the ability to enter data for the fields that are currently configured. You have to go through IT or the admins for any form of customization such as adding/removing/hiding fields, setting what kind of text format is in each field (e.g. plain text vs rich text) and modifying which fields are required vs optional. When you have rich text formatting, sometimes it can be frustrating getting the text to show up the way you want. The workaround for this would be to use the Text tab instead of the Visual tab so that you can modify the formatting tags.

Janosch F.
Vertalen met Google

Flexible, powerful, simple to use and grows as you go

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Jira surprised me as coming across simple yet being incredibly powerful and versatile. It is a full blown Ticket and workflow management tool and it might be too much for small or personal projects. However, not being required to change the ticket system when the company or the team scales or are faced with types of tasks you did not expect is simply fantastic. Keeping software simple, easy to use yet increase its versatility and power is a virtue and Jira is build upon this virtue with care and vision

Pluspunten

Jira is clean and it is simple yet powerful. You can use it for your basic ticket workflows from the get go and expand as you grow or the tasks you wisch to cover branch out. It is easy to customize the ticket views to contain the information you want to use and avoid cluttering. The Workflow editor is one of the most powerful I came across in all my professional career. It might not seem so much of an importance but believe me, when your business grows unexpected necessities will arise and you will suddenly be required to track tasks you never though about. Jira will have you covered and allow you to add different task types which traverse task-type specific phases and have corresponding stati. Also you have all the world of notification and responsibility tracking ping-pong covered as you go. Two further things are woth mentioning: First the Atlassian World (the Wiki Confluence and build system Bamboo and many other products) integrate flawlessly and it actually really makes using them fun. Jira is one of the tools, that make you smile when you are required to use it no matter the task to track, its jus smooth, convenient and above and beyond provides a rich ecosystem for free and commercial plugins even for rather exotic use cases.
Also, the license Model behind it scales fantastically. When we introduced it we were a small company with 8 people (we are now going strong towards the 200) and it was critical to keep cost for our tools reasonable. Jira got us covered.

Minpunten

When we scaled, the License was not as flexible in higher user tiers as it was in the lower ones. Also once upon a time an update went wrong and we had to invest a bucketload of time and brain power to get everything back up to speed. We did run jira on premise and hat some custom plugins so there might be some of the tripwires: In case you use plugins they must be available in the version you wish to upgrade to and this might require some research prior to updates. Also, you can make a science out of the workflow and notification configuration. In case it is not documented well when you do it it might get you into trouble.

Brian J.

Collaboration Platform

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 19-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We are able to use JIRA to create, collaborate, test and deploy promos and emails for my company. I am able to see conversations and other notes from people I don't normally interact with, which can be really helpful in understanding issues that arise or other notes that may have been left out of conversation elsewhere. It's a great tool for us.

Pluspunten

I work for a large clothing retailer that often runs promotional coupons and sends out emails to customers. JIRA houses all of the collaboration for our company in creating and testing these promos and emails. What I like is that everyone, from the communications team to the Quality Assurance Team to the IT troubleshooting team can be in one place to resolve issues quickly.

I love that there is the ability to tag other users and quickly get attention to issues that need a fast turnaround (emails and promos are often made within 48 hours from creation to launch). I also really like attaching 'sub-tasks' to a main project; This keeps organization a priority without having to search for every related task associated with a project. Related to this is the ability to attach documents right to any project/task for easy download.

You can save searches and filters to your home page. For example, I have a filter for viewing only email projects, and another for promotional information. Once you get results, you can sort by title, date updated and a few other categories.

Minpunten

At first glance, the layout is a bit overwhelming. You have a giant list of projects, and the search doesn't always bring up what you are looking for. It takes a bit of time to learn how to navigate. I would probably like to see 'tags,' or additional ways to categorize a project so that you can search for it through a few more parameters. For my needs, this isn't too important because of the short lifespan of emails and promos. But I could see other applications needing something like that.

Miguel G.

Managin Technical Projects The Right Way

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: SoftwareAdvice

JIRA has lots of features and functionalities than can take time to master. From most project management applications' perspective, JIRA is one of the most complex to master. But it truly is the most complete in terms of offering development teams all the tools they need. This means that trying to run a fairly large and complex enterprise environment on JIRA might need the addition of a JIRA administrator to keep things organized.

Pluspunten

JIRA offers true Agile support for managing technical projects. Initially developed by developers for developers, JIRA is a powerful tool that captures more than just the project management aspect of any development project.

JIRA offers a complete suite of issue tracking throughout the development life cycle. Starting with the backlog and planning, JIRA lets you layout your entire project across as many iterations (Sprints) as necessary. It provides ease of tracking the project progress and offers a host of tools for collaboration such as commenting threads. Projects and their projects can also be tracked across releases, with its release management capabilities, and provide comprehensive reports on performance and progress.

JIRA is extremely flexible and offers pre-set templates across all functionalities, and allows you to modify them as neededto fit your team and organization's needs. Unlike some products with rigidity built into them, JIRA allows you to define how your team works.

JIRA has a vast number of integrations and add-ons to further enhance its capabilities.

Minpunten

JIRA is very powerful and very detailed. So much so, that some users often find it quite cumbersome if their development environments are not complex. Essentially, JIRA fits beautifully in any environment, but is extremely robust for enterprise environments, making it perceptively complex in small simple projects.

JIRA usage for Agile projects

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Currently, my organization is moving from waterfall model to Agile model (hybrid), JIRA has helped a lot to standardize the reporting of granular project details to be reported as a consolidated approach as to how the sprints within a project are moving forward.

JIRA has given the transparent view of how the projects/sprints for a product is moving forward and managing the interdependencies within a project.

Pluspunten

- Manage multiple projects under one project in JIRA and works well for a complete program
- Email notification when any changes made in JIRA makes collaboration efficient
- JIRA board (Scrum Board) in JIRA and defining specific project JQL to filter the issues in JIRA makes it more user friendly for scrum masters who are managing multiple scrum teams in a program
- Automated dashboard creation and ability to create different charts makes it very easy for showing management rpeorting on different scrum teams progress in a sprint
- Sprint and version reports (out of the box) which provides burn down charts and which issues are lying in one state for more than a specific period of time helps scrum team to move forward and resolves impending issues
- Ability to link issues for dependency and flexibility to define SDLC life cycle for an issue on a board makes it very handy on any type of project

Minpunten

- No single view is available to see clearly how dependencies are moving forward
- There are times when single issue has to be given to multiple people like in pair programming one way is to create sub task but that is not an approach that was liked by scrum teams
- There macros / gadgets that comes with the JIRA product are very minimum they should add more gadgest for reporting purpose.
- Yes, there are different third party gadgets but sometimes those are not JIRA / atlassian recognized and for enterprise application and corporates using JIRA does not go ahead to deploy those third part gadgets on the server model.

Rahul Y.

Business analyst - Awesome tool - Software administration

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It's been a great experience using this tool for me

Pluspunten

As a business analyst, I have been using Jira for last 3 years and I think it's the best software management tool around.

I have found it really helpful when it comes to providing upgrades to the projector to administer a project in development stages. It's all in one package.

It has the board where you can re-protize your user stories in backlog by shuffling through pick and drop feature for the development team through tasks as well as can prioritize issues reported by the customer. You can write the user stories and just need to manage on the board. You just need to monitor the board to track the progress of the critical item and estimate overall progress.

Workflow templates are available that can be selected to select the process a team wishes to follow or a path to take to address the release or apply patches on customer system. You can add the workflow by create one in the system and add the additional steps like unit testing, system testing etc as per the team.

Another helpful feature that I love about this tool is that I allows integration with multiple other tools that makes it even better. Overall I think it's a remarkable tool that is making the software handling experience easy and simple.

Minpunten

The only thing that I hate about this tool from atlastian is that it have a lot of the patches applied and part of constant changes. We need to scratch for sometime when configuration have to be modified or any existing thing changed.

It takes for a while to get your hand adjusted on the system but when are down it's always good experience using it

Muhammad Z.
Vertalen met Google

Jira is a project management software

Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 2-8-2018
Bron van de reviewer: GetApp

Pluspunten

Jira is a task administration programming that is very mainstream among numerous organizations. With an extremely high score of 9.4/10 and client fulfillment at 99% it is as of now one of the best 3 best task administration arrangements looked into on our site. The primary spot in this class is held by Wrike which has an aggregate score of 9.8/10 and is the champ of our Best Project Management Software Award for 2017. You can experiment with Wrike for nothing here. You can likewise contrast Jira and Wrike and see which one is better for your organization.

Jira is intended to enable clients to catch, dole out, and set needs to their work. It enables you to deal with the entire procedure of use improvement ensuring that everything is secured, from idea to dispatch. Its straightforward, natural interface empowers joint effort with partners and enables you to take care of business in a viable way.

Jira tailors itself to fit to the necessities of the business and gives fantastic help to finish everything. The level of customization enables the product to properly fit distinctive business needs.

This product can be utilized by an organization. I have designed JIRA to be utilized by distributing organization, by law office, and obviously, IT organizations. What's more, it was conceivable to make everybody content with what JIRA gives. Despite the fact that occasionally it was difficult to encourage individuals how to utilize it, following multi month or two they couldn't recollect how they lived without it.

Minpunten

Jira is an amazing programming, however with a lot of capacities comes a large group of devices and assignments to learn, especially for new clients.

As of late JIRA refreshed its outline. My clients whine about new outline, I get insane when I can't discover things. Furthermore, JIRA wouldn't like to stop at that and is refreshing its plan further and further. I would truly incline toward that they glance through bugs that were raised on comunity entryway and accomplish something in regards to new highlights as opposed to doing configuration refreshes.

It is imperative to realize that Jira gives us awesome help to the client, and their consideration is a need, however ordinarily they don't figure the issue. It is a component to survey in Atlassian.

- The prologue to Jira's reality is required to be as mysterious as its interface and execution. Actually it is intricate to fabricate channels and move around in the application when the client is new.

- You need to run a right download of the reports toward the finish of the month or toward the finish of the week, the reports are conveyed in spreadsheets, however with an introduction that fails to impress anyone, thusly, when setting the dates they ought to have pretty much days so you can play out the download effectively.

Vertalen met Google

Powerful tool once you know how to configure it

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

This software helps us to follow the process the team agreed to, and see the progress on issue and sprint level. We manage several projects there.
JIRA by itself is a perfect solution for IT teams when it comes to managing projects. Not only you can create issues there, but also you can build workflow this issue goes through. It is perfect to see the bottlenecks of your process. Scrum and Kanban are supported. In case you need some enhancements, there is an add-on market available, where you can find a big amount of third part addons available, either paid or free. Paid once have a trial period during which you can see if this is really what you need for your business.
Along with JIRA we use other Atlassian products, such as Service Desk and Confluence. Easy integration with these, makes our daily job much easier.
I advice my customers to use JIRA for their business. There are several types available: Cloud and Server. Each one have their own payments depending on the size of the users. However, in some cases price might become an obstackle.
In my opinion, this application can become really helpful if it gets into right hands.

Pluspunten

This software can be used by any type of company. I have configured JIRA to be used by publishing company, by law firm, and of course, IT companies. And it was possible to make everyone happy with what JIRA provides. Even though sometimes it was hard to teach people how to use it, after a month or two they could not remember how they lived without it.

Minpunten

Recently JIRA started to update its design. My users complain about new design, I get crazy when I can't find things. And JIRA doesn't want to stop at that and is updating its design further and further. I would really prefer that they look through bugs that were raised on comunity portal and do something regarding new features instead of doing design updates.

Kristin L.

Thoughts on JIRA from a non-programmer: Still easy to use

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018

Tracking, organization

Pluspunten

I am a technical writer who used JIRA as my first introduction into working in a close-knit, agile programming environment. I really appreciated the clean design, multiple ways to accomplish tasks, and logical visual representations of concepts. Is something assigned to you? It has your face on it. We had several development teams working in tandem and JIRA allowed for each team to structure their sprints according to their own preferences (some had more traditional set up and others used kanban). As time went on we were able to add more projects to JIRA, after transitioning off of ClearQuest for our baseline fixes, and while there is certainly a learning curve getting established programmers who have used one system of tracking for 10+ years converted to using JIRA, most everyone was able to transition and feel comfortable within a few weeks. Speaking as a non-programmer, I found JIRA to be incredibly useful and easy. Tracking writing and editing projects through development didn't require any specific setup or features and it was all around a great tool.

Minpunten

While it was great that every project could be tracked from our one JIRA site for my relatively small (30ish people) development team, any time fields needed to be added for one specific team to track something for stories or bugs, it was there for everyone. This led to having rather cluttered add screens that meant for a good deal of scrolling. I know some of this was surely user error, but having a bit more control would be nice. Also, the search function occasionally would just... not work. At all. As adorable as the sad faced little magnifying glass was when this happened, it would be very frustrating to lose functionality without warning. Being browser-based always makes for risk and some days would just be constant checking of if JIRA was up again so untracked progress didn't fall through the cracks.

Josemaria G.
Vertalen met Google

PM. Agile. Cloud. It works for me!

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

A powerful, mature, and highly customizable Project Management software that works in any scenario. Best suited to match the dynamic nature of Agile projects.

Pluspunten

As a Project Manager, we have a lot of things to do and think about. Good thing I stumbled upon JIRA. It is a very powerful and collaborative PM tool which supported my PM role in an Agile context. (I was on a standard/waterfall project methodology for years... Agile is rather new to me)

It is highly configurable, meant to suit any niche, industry, or user scenario by combining the powers of Kanban and Scrum. You can set up just about any of your workflows, project states, fields, action/issue items, etc, via the default settings (that surprisingly some have worked out of the box), or by easy customization on demand.

Data analysis is easy as well. JIRA collects from all data points you set up into a single data hub that is extractable, searchable, and comprehensive (with all your historical data).

The core program and its APIs are pretty mature and with proper documentation. Our devs didn't really have a hard time since they were provided with a rich toolkit to begin with.

JIRA also comes with its mobile app so that you can manage your projects on-the-go. It is cloud-based via subscription which relieves the admins from the difficult part of infra and server setup. I have not experienced any downtime as of my 1 year use of this service.

Minpunten

It is cloud-based so you have to make sure you have enough bandwidth provisions to support this (rather challenging for bigger teams working on the same location at the same time). The usual loading times may take longer with poor connectivity.

A rather steep price for small businesses to use. Self-hosting JIRA will also make things more expensive (and risky) as the number of users grow.

Sreekumar J.
Vertalen met Google

The best way to synchronise requirements, roadmap, agile roadmap, scrum, reporting and much more in a single solution

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Bron van de reviewer: GetApp

Pluspunten

I have been working in information technology field for more than twelve years. For a long period, I was a big fan of Bugzilla. However in my previous company, when we have migrated to Atlassian Jira, it was a very difference experience.

When the entire organization moved more in to agile, the product also changed priorities around understanding customers' problems. The migration was tough as we were not in a position to ignore the requirements from our users. The import functionality helped us a lot and thanks to our engineering team to put huge effort in doing research on Jira.

I love the way information is organized across, projects, boards with decent agile reporting capabilities.

Being in product management, I have enjoyed the flow of user stories, backlog review, estimation, roadmap and Atlassian Jira's functionality to customize workflow.

The transparency which Jira brings to the product management team is a big plus. What we are working on, what is going to come next and when, what is in the pipeline are a big relief to any customer facing product development organization.

Another beauty is the categorization of user stories and epics, which helps the product owners to start filtration of issues at the entry level itself.

The knowledge handover from product team to other teams collaborating for product success ( Eg:- CS, Marketing) became seamless with Jira.

The dashboards are great for monitoring purpose.

Finding Jira, an effective and comprehensive solution to ensure that every action in a user story is accounted and traceable across the product life cycle without loosing the goal of delivering iterative and incremental value to customers, as fast as possible.

Minpunten

I like learning new things. Jira require good learning and is not a very light tool. The user interface act a bit confusing sometime. Setup, project/workflow creation, user management etc. are tough tasks and require brains from Dev ops with good knowledge of agile practices.