Basecamp

Flexibele tool voor projectmanagement en teamcommunicatie

(14.425)

• Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Er zijn betere toolings op de markt

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2023

Pluspunten

Het enige voordeel vond ik dat je op een thread kom reageren via je mail

Minpunten

Hele onduidelijke tool. Heb deze voor meerdere projecten gebruikt maar er zijn gebruiksvriendelijkere tools te vinden e.g. Jira of trello

Paul
Paul
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

I always come back to Basecamp

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2021

We have three sites. What Basecamp has provided is the unification of messages and tasks across all sites. It has added transparency that is invaluable to all of our team. We can keep important documents. Onboarding videos and other useful information. No more scraps of paper or post-it notes on peoples desks. It provides real accountability for everyone on the team. So simple to use which means 100% user adoption. Everyone loves Basecamp and we have tried every PM software out there. Basecamp is the best in the business!

Pluspunten

When you first start using basecamp, two things strike you the most. It’s clean super tight interface and the lack of some common functions. I see both of these things as a positive. This might seem odd but you soon realise that the makers at Basecamp are uncompromising in their relentless pursuit of keeping you efficient. No bloat. No complication. These all adds up to adoption by the whole team. Which for me is the most important thing. You can have a perfect project management system, but if no one uses it. It’s useless. Basecamp’s gets everything on the same page.

Minpunten

I would love the app to give you persistent reminders for tasks! Snooze for 5 mins etc.

monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

It had everything we needed and nothing we didn't.
Jason
Jason
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Making project management easier

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

Pluspunten

The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

Minpunten

The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

Trello en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

I had more clients that were using Basecamp, so it made sense to be on the same platform as them.

Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

More clients were using basecamp already.
Vikas
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

Review about Basecamp

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2024

My overall experience is good about Basecamp. I will suggest it to my colleagues and friends to use it once.

Pluspunten

We have two teams using basecamp. We use to track project, to share updates and followups of activity. For us its easy to use. Its easy to create chat rooms for each of the clients and project management.

Minpunten

One thing I like the least is the response of the support team it takes a little bit of time.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie
  • Anders Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

I'm not sure if it's the same people on this one, since there are different versions of this...

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2018

For the fact that it's an app on a major app store, I would have obviously come across it, for the fact that it was something of some form of various thing that I would come across in categorical and ad hoc searching, as it turns out.

Aside from not understanding what the purpose of the software was, based on the description that was included in all of the versions in the App Store, I found it particularly disparaging to the community that they framed the purpose of the app as an occupation and dump in of trucks and trailers, and tons of people from out of town, on any given day, whereas the trailers were there in supposition that they were showers that were provided to the homeless, on one day.

On one hand, they're not there every day, but on the other hand, it was a bit strange that this ended up being what the app is about.

Pluspunten

In essence, I suppose that this app seems a bit in opposition to the browsing app store user coming across it and then, at some point, upon trying to understand what the portent of the impact of the software is, fairly soon turns up browsing through more apps, wondering what this app is about; particularly to have 3 release versions of it, at this point in time.

Regardless, it turned in to a yellow sign "base camp" social work news article publication thing for the sake of publicizing push material of support for what ended up being a seething attrition for the locals of the area where the "base camp" installment of "obviously, it's on account of the app in the app store thing," and on top of that, there was significant opposition to me as a mental health client recipient of services (supposedly), just tangentially, and for a few times, perhaps, of this art therapy group of people, and then they talked and acted out towards me in my head, outside of any sort of professional or service provider and client circumstances.

Minpunten

I feel like the spirit of development in software, for the purpose of disparaging the client, of a completely different and separate supposition of relation, whatsoever, in regards to the original purpose of meeting with these developers, is simply wrong and unprofessional. These developers cause a significant problem in a different locality between people who are not housed in downtown Los Angeles, on the incident that happened witnessed, and whatever the story was in my head about what anyone might think about such an influx of people in to the area, which is all too common, in various ways;

On top of that, they're plotted right at 222 S. Hill St. 7th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90012, and they do events of disparagement against me and my family commonly, while trying to suppose that their self esteem is supported and is superior, while homeless and mentally ill bullying and stalking victims are inferior, on account of group brute strength over an individual. They run ostensibly false and slight charity drives for supposedly unfortunate other people.

Amanda
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Basecamp: A solid choice for project management

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2023

Overall, we love it. A great platform in a world of unlimited project management platforms.

Pluspunten

I found it very easy to use and most of clients did as well. You can easily upload files, track progress, and more all within one platform.

Minpunten

We first joined shortly before the switch from Basecamp 2 to 3 and there were a lot of growing pains with that. Some of the Adminland features are a little tedious, such as assigning members projects.

Handel
Handel
  • Sector: Mediaproductie
  • Anders 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

improvements made in the right direction

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019

Overall, this would be useful for a large project with not much throughput, but it doesn't do a good job with micro progress and large volumes of smaller scale work. This is because of the board system, which limits your individual boards and their appearance to 8 or so gridded projects, anything more and it becomes very cluttered. The user interface with boards is the biggest problem especially with no color coding.

We used basecamp for 3 months but found the pricing model way too high for the functionality we recieved. We switched to Trello.

Pluspunten

Overall this is functional task managing program that organizes the projects by "boards" which can be dug into. It's easy to use, responsive, quick, and somewhat powerful. It can feature a variety of different apps through its in built plugins.

Minpunten

poor user interface, lack of functionality with "boards" not being able to further deliniate or clean up your visual groups, lack of color coding, poor pinging message system with no ability to rename group chats or save them long term.

Katie
  • Sector: Restaurants

Great company communication tool

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2024

Pluspunten

Basecamp is great for the fact that you can centralize a lot of commutation. You can have individual teams and company wide things. Rather than doing various text groups or emails - Basecamp helps bring all that together.

Minpunten

I don’t have any cons at this time. For what I use Basecamp for - it pretty much covers everything and is easy to use.

Avinash
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Centralizes communication and project management

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2024

Pluspunten

It has been easy to use and has improved the efficiency of collaboration and communication within the team and clients.

Minpunten

There are no cons, Everything looks fine.

Frankie

100% project management without breaking the budgets

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2024

Really found it useful to overview projects and keep the entire team involved, with task setting and communication tracking. It's great!

Pluspunten

Save your budgets for time on client work - this project management tool empowers our team to deliver above and beyond, collaborating on projects and builds.

Minpunten

It felt a bit dated at times in style due to it's basic outline, however this did mean that the site was fast and the tracking smooth without distraction.

Tania
  • Sector: Cosmetica
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Basecamp for work

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2024

Pluspunten

Easy to communicate with team members and assign them respective task. Good communication medium for remote workers.

Minpunten

The loading time is sometimes high when there are a lot of documents

Daniel

(BC3) A friendly project management tool

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019

Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pluspunten

The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage)
Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Minpunten

As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome.
It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

ActiveCollab

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

We didnt want to deal with self hosting and we had used the older version of Basecamp. It was also priced competatively
Christopher
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Pluspunten

Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Minpunten

Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

Scoro, Hive en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Basecamp was an easier platform for us to engage clients and keep everyone on the same page! Trello felt a little outdated in terms of having swim lanes for each task.

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp's friendly user interface and accessible onboarding features made it easier for users at my previous organization to adopt the platform. I would recommend this to any budding business who wants to manage workloads/workflows and keep their client engaged and excited about the service being provided!
Ellie
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A Really Good Project Management Tool!

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2019

Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Pluspunten

Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Minpunten

When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

Wrike

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Wrike was a great tool but lacked the ability to collaborate that Basecamp offers with its message boards and campfire.

Wrike

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp’s price and overall system is what my team needed. Wrike is great but a bit too “intense” for my team.
Clayton

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Hands-down my favorite project management software

Beoordeeld op 25-2-2020

I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Pluspunten

Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Minpunten

There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

Trello en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

We needed a new system that was focused on action and not just words. A single source of truth.

Slack

Ideology and price.
Terrance
Terrance
  • Sector: Managementconsulting

Recommended - Use it daily

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020

We use Basecamp almost on a daily basis. It is fantastic for managing our team and different partners. Our operations side has also been thrilled with the lists that Basecamp provides. Makes it easy for managers to see what has been completed

Pluspunten

Basecamp is well suited for project management. I've used Trello historically but it never had the same degree of functionality. I love the fact that I can have lists, easily collaborate with others and make it almost like a task force that I can assign to various people on our tea.m
It was easy enough to implement and also great if you need to hit the ground running since the learning curve is virtually non existant.

Minpunten

I use Basecamp 2 and the part I like least about the software is that within the cards itself, I can't @person to provide updates. I can assign various cards to specific people but can't call out specific individuals in those cards.

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Features and functionality. Trello is great if you like the kanban approach but we needed something that had more features.

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Trello is limited to kanban boards. We needed to have different views and basecamp was able to provide that at a cost that we could afford.
Nichole
Nichole
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The best all in one HQ for remote teams

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2020

Overall, I love the way it feels like a virtual headquarters for your company where employees can chat, stay up to date with projects, and post all related docs and files, and integrate schedules, but in order to get the best experience with running an office remotely there is such limitation and little customization available. This is a great start, but you still need to use other tools to get a comprehensive set of tools to run and operate your business.

Pluspunten

I love the fact that basecamp feels like a virtual office. The dashboard looks like virtual rooms that one can enter depending on the department you want to access. Basecamp has many features to make it feel like you're at the office like the different departments with access to files, chat, project management , to-do's, groups, and a link to schedule your time and tasks and keep track of meetings.

Minpunten

There is very little customization that can be done besides adding a company logo, and setting up your departments, groups and selecting which features to incorporate into the department tiles. I would love to be able to custom colorize the look and feel to make it more unique and visual, but there are limitations. Each tile that can be used for departments or projects, also have very little room for customization and you're not able to create any unique features besides your standard to dos, schedule, chat, and files.

monday.com en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

ability to have employees connect in one place rather than just working separately and feeling disconnected
Shannon

Feature Rich and Effective for Project Management

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021

I signed up for Basecamp to work within a client's Basecamp processes, and now I use it to manage most everything that I work on in collaboration with others. It makes a lot of sense and is intuitive once you accustom to how the projects and to-do lists work.

Pluspunten

The ability to add clients to a project and hide them from information within the project is SO handy. We use that feature a lot for internal to-dos and managing the client without them seeing behind-the-scenes.

Minpunten

To-do lists are pretty basic. You can assign to a person and add a date, but if you are used to feature-rich todo lists (embedded images, color coding, sub-checklists in a to-do, etc) then you will be disappointed. And although I find the "me" tab easy and intuitive, when we add new members to a project they almost universally struggle in the first weeks to really use Basecamp to its highest functionality.

Chuck
  • Sector: Religieuze instellingen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp is irreplaceable! Trust me, we actually tried too Lol!

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is every teams important training documents documents, files, and weekly tasks. We use the ping feature for group messages. It has made file sharing very easy. Many of our documents have to be referenced by several different at various times throughout the year. Basecamp makes it simple to keep up with these documents.

Pluspunten

Basecamp has been an amazing product for us for years now! It allows us to manage projects in events by keeping to do lists, files, and instructions all in one place.The team I manage uses it to assign tasks, communicate between team members and keep up with conversations so we can reference them later, and , keep track of files and receipts. Every document and system that our team members need access to can be attained in one place. There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it.

Minpunten

There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it. There are really only two things that I dislike about Basecamp but I’ve learned to live with them for now. 1.). There is a great variety of ways to send communication. You can send a ping (which is kind of like an instant message), You can make a comment on the general message board of each project, you can comment on the calendar item, you can comment on the task item itself, and you can comment on individual files you add. At first it seems real handy but once you start adding multiple projects it can sometimes be difficult to go back and figure out where a conversation happened. Thankfully the search icon works rather well in these instances but not always. The way we have gotten around this is to make sure our Team is clearly instructed on what features we will use to communicate various kinds of information. 2.) there is a feature called haystack. This functions as your personal inbox letting you know what due dates are approaching, what tasks were recently assigned, and what conversations have happened recently that you need to be part of. However, once you click on an item it disappears immediately from your inbox. So when you see something important, you need to respond or add a personal to do immediately. I wish it didn’t delete until you told it to delete like a normal email inbox. This way you could come back to the message and deal with it at a better time.

Faisal Faruque
Faisal Faruque

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp made managing my team members easier than ever!

Beoordeeld op 22-12-2021

You can call it the Jack of All Trades. Before using Basecamp I had to use a lot of apps for different purposes. For example, one to-do app, another file-sharing app, another messaging app, and so on. It hampered my productivity. But luckily I found Basecamp and this thing got me covered. Now I can have fewer meetings with my team members and save time to do something productive. The integration with other app made it the real hero. I can automate my tasks on Basecamp by using popular integration services and those work seamlessly with Basecamp.

Pluspunten

I have been using Basecamp for a while now. I am genuinely in love with the overall user interface of this platform. It is very easy to use and intuitive. The free plan of the Basecamp is quite generous and it is enough for most of the users. This is why I love this tool so much. But there are some other features that are really helping me to manage my remote team. I can easily assign tasks with deadlines. The email notification system and the mobile app added to the overall value of this tool. I observed that it loads faster on any device with a slower internet connection. This is why my team members even from countries with slow internet can easily access this tool. Overall, the experience is top-notch and I recommend everyone to use this tool.

Minpunten

There is nothing that I hate about this product. But I think the amazing developer team behind this tool can bring some improvements to the existing features. The price for the Business Plan is quite affordable for large teams. But if they can bring some affordable paid plan for the individual users it would be so much helpful.

Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

So glad I found Basecamp!!

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2022

I've had a great experience with Basecamp. I've collaborated with a number of projects on this tool and it's been essential in managing my projects. Since I'm in the growing phases of my business, I SO glad they have a free feature that allows me to use 3 free projects. Once I reach a level where I have a team and I'm serving more clients, then I can see myself getting the Basecamp paid plan.

Thank you for offering such a great product!

Pluspunten

Another designer recommended Basecamp for managing web design projects. This product allows me to keep everything for my client projects in one place! I like being able to collaborate with clients on a timeline and assigning them tasks. The chat feature is very helpful. I like that we can upload all their documents and even link to Google documents. The mobile is very useful for doing business on the go.

I can really stay organized with Basecamp and it keeps me accountable with timelines. I love that I can make it client-facing so there is a level of transparency on timelines.

I can use this tool to do all communications with clients and not have a string of emails to go through.

Minpunten

I've been going back and forth with the documents section and if I should use Google Drive to store documents or if I should use Basecamp. People are most familiar with Google Drive, however when I educate and train them on how to use Basecamp, then it will help them be more comfortable with navigating the software.

I would like training videos for clients to be able to get an overview of how to get the most of Basecamp while working together. If Basecamp doesn't have a video overview, then this will be something that I can work on.

ClickUp en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

It was recommended to my by another designer and she said she used it for everything related to her projects. I was sold when she said she didn't email clients anymore! I was like YES! This is what I need. I get annoyed with the lost email chains and I wanted an all in one tool where I could email the client and also email designs and mockups. Asana didn't do well with emailing images to clients. They were blurry and hard to find on the email.

Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp has an easy to use interface. It allows me to share design mockups, email and live chat with clients (I've used this messaging feature a lot), store documents and keep projects on timeline. I really like the home page dashboard for each project. It's SO clear and easy to understand! Each section is labeled clearly and easy to use.
Kamila
Kamila

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great for client management and projects

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2019

It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pluspunten

- The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point.
- I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients.
- I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project.
- It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Minpunten

- The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there.
- It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go.
- Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage.
- I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Best and All-In-One Toolkit for Working Remotely 😊

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2021

Pluspunten

Our team is using Basecamp since 2019 and all the things are managed and well settled because of Basecamp. Our messages, schedules to do the tasks, our important documents, our conversations regarding the projects and tasks are safe and well managed on Basecamp.
Some of the best and helpful features are:
1. Message Board: You can post announcements, pitch ideas and check progress with daily and on time updates.
2. To-do's: Best option is to set the to-do option in which one can easily make lists of the work or task the you want to get done, set due dates for a tasks and much more.
3. Schedule: You can set important dates on a schedule and can subscribe events in google calendar, Outlook or ical.
4. Docs and files: Easiest and helpful thing us to share the files with teams but the exciting thing is that you can upload and share docs, files, images and spreadsheets with your team and organize in folder as yiu want so they're easy to find.
5. Group chat: You don't need to talk to your teammates using your mobile number here in Basecamp you can easily chat with group members, ask random and important questions relevant to your queries and share stuff without any problem.
In simple, Basecamp is the best platform that have the tools for any company or firm includes all the tools all teams need to work together.

Keep everyone in the loop without all the meetings.

Minpunten

As I'm using Basecamp without facing any problem so a big Thank you to the Basecamp team. All the tools and features are very helpful. Even one can try Basecamp free trial without any credit card requirement. You can enjoy free trial then you can select package according to your needs and requirements. I hope you really enjoy it. One suggestion to Basecamp team is that please add special package and tools for teachers and students. In covid-19 situation every school and college facing problems in online learning, I suggest to add special LMS features for education side. Again Thanks

Kim
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I have used Basecemp to communicate with independent contractors, internal creative team and...

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2018

Keeping all creative edits, documents, client information in one place was great. It was very organized and helped me to be organized and retrace my steps when needed.

Pluspunten

I mainly used this product when I was working in advertising but we still use it for the design of our program each year with our Communications team. You can create projects and determine who can see them - so, for example, I have a client (X) and my internal team (Y) and independent contractors (Z) for Project A. I can have an ongoing project named Client X where I've added all my internal resources to discuss every project we are working on with them where I can do everything from give SOW, get an estimate of time, create a timeline, receive rounds of work and communicate with my internal team with all changes in one place. I can remove people from conversations that they may not need to be a part of, but they can come see the conversation later if they choose/need to. I will receive email updates from Basecamp every time someone has sent me something on Basecamp. I can also have a Project named Project A where I add members of the client team. Here I can get approval for the cost, send a timeline and all drafts of the project. I can also have a Project named Z for the Independent Contractor. Here, I can get an estimate from this person, send them a proposed timeline, and receive their work. It keeps all of the documents in one place, all edits, all communication and can be organized however it suits you!

Minpunten

When I was in advertising, the main issue I noticed was that people who don't take the time to learn how to use Basecamp are it's biggest downfall. For example, we have everything from Account Managers who respond via email (which works, but inserts their signature unnecessarily into the comment every time) to creatives who create a new thread everytime they have an update to a project, which defeats the point of being able to look back at every edit/communication to see when a change was made or was supposed to be made but was missed etc. It can also be detrimental if you don't select the appropriate people to see your comment/document. If you just reply to the people who were on the previous comment without checking who was on it, you might not be sending the draft to the right people and it will get missed. Another thing we noticed is that people who did not want to acclimate or never properly learned how to use Basecamp would not read the messages in their email and assume that it was not for them. So you still have to manage up because if you want your higher ups to be looking at something, sometimes they still ignore it =)

Lucas

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Simple yet elegant and effective.

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2023

In summary, Basecamp impresses with its simplicity, attention to detail, and comprehensive feature set. Its user-friendly interface and thoughtful design make it easy to navigate and utilize its robust set of project management tools. While the software excels in many aspects, one area for improvement could be providing more fine-grained metrics for tracking project timelines. Nonetheless, Basecamp remains a valuable asset for efficient collaboration, streamlined communication, and effective project management.

Pluspunten

am thoroughly impressed with its simplicity, attention to detail, and robust set of features. The software's straightforward interface makes it incredibly easy to navigate and use, allowing me to quickly get started and stay organized. The attention to detail is evident in every aspect of Basecamp, from its clean design to its thoughtful features that cater to various project management needs.

Minpunten

While Basecamp offers excellent project management capabilities, having more detailed metrics and insights into the timeline of events would greatly enhance the ability to track progress and identify potential bottlenecks. By incorporating more granular metrics, such as task duration, milestone completion rates, or individual team member contributions, Basecamp could provide users with a more comprehensive understanding of project timelines and enable more effective project planning and management