Basecamp

4,3 (14.100)
Flexibele tool voor projectmanagement en teamcommunicatie

(14.100)

• Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Er zijn betere toolings op de markt

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2023

Pluspunten

Het enige voordeel vond ik dat je op een thread kom reageren via je mail

Minpunten

Hele onduidelijke tool. Heb deze voor meerdere projecten gebruikt maar er zijn gebruiksvriendelijkere tools te vinden e.g. Jira of trello

Melanie Latrelle
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

So glad I found Basecamp!!

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2022

I've had a great experience with Basecamp. I've collaborated with a number of projects on this tool and it's been essential in managing my projects. Since I'm in the growing phases of my business, I SO glad they have a free feature that allows me to use 3 free projects. Once I reach a level where I have a team and I'm serving more clients, then I can see myself getting the Basecamp paid plan.

Thank you for offering such a great product!

Pluspunten

Another designer recommended Basecamp for managing web design projects. This product allows me to keep everything for my client projects in one place! I like being able to collaborate with clients on a timeline and assigning them tasks. The chat feature is very helpful. I like that we can upload all their documents and even link to Google documents. The mobile is very useful for doing business on the go.

I can really stay organized with Basecamp and it keeps me accountable with timelines. I love that I can make it client-facing so there is a level of transparency on timelines.

I can use this tool to do all communications with clients and not have a string of emails to go through.

Minpunten

I've been going back and forth with the documents section and if I should use Google Drive to store documents or if I should use Basecamp. People are most familiar with Google Drive, however when I educate and train them on how to use Basecamp, then it will help them be more comfortable with navigating the software.

I would like training videos for clients to be able to get an overview of how to get the most of Basecamp while working together. If Basecamp doesn't have a video overview, then this will be something that I can work on.

ClickUp en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

It was recommended to my by another designer and she said she used it for everything related to her projects. I was sold when she said she didn't email clients anymore! I was like YES! This is what I need. I get annoyed with the lost email chains and I wanted an all in one tool where I could email the client and also email designs and mockups. Asana didn't do well with emailing images to clients. They were blurry and hard to find on the email.

Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp has an easy to use interface. It allows me to share design mockups, email and live chat with clients (I've used this messaging feature a lot), store documents and keep projects on timeline. I really like the home page dashboard for each project. It's SO clear and easy to understand! Each section is labeled clearly and easy to use.
Ryan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2020

I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Pluspunten

Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Minpunten

My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

Jira en Confluence

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp is simply more user friendly for my organization. We didn't want to use the same ticketing system that our dev ops or IT uses because we had differing needs.
Mirat
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Complete solution for project management and team communication.

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2023

Pluspunten

This is the software that I can say is 100% useful in communication and task or time management as we can make the team and add ourselves only to create a specific check-in. These check-ins are really helping me in my task as well as time management. We can also make different projects that we are working on and can get real-time updates from people on campfires. The campfire is really helpful to keep the team that added to the project in the same loop. There another very good feature that I just love is that we have message boards on which we can make announcements of any good or any information announcements there. The best thing is that there is also a find option we have any document of any chat or anything we want real quick we can search it. It makes make document sharing very easy.

Minpunten

There isn't much that I don't like about this tool but one thing that annoys me is the notifications. So many times It doesn't notify me when someone gives me a ping. When I am using the browser view this happen most of the time. Also, this supports really basic projects only.

Michael
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Maandelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Basecamp is great for startup projects

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2022

Pluspunten

Easy to use and affordable to start. It's great for small organizations and startups.

Minpunten

The basic model is great, but there are so many more applications out in the world that do what basecamp does.

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Basecamp - suitable project management software

Beoordeeld op 20-10-2022

Good friendly interface. You can learn how to use it very quickly, so you can organize your business and improve the productivity with good tracking tools.

Pluspunten

Basecamp is easy to implement, easy to use in a team.

Minpunten

It is quite expensive for small business, 11$ per user with no other options.

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

It was only the question of taste for the interface and usability.

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

It was not much more expensive as I used it for a small business
Benjamin
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

A simple yet very effective Project Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2023

Overall I have loved using basecamp. I think that it does its job well and helps us to do the same.

Pluspunten

I love the simplicity brought by this tool. It has helped me to quickly and easily add projects for my team to work on and I am able to see progress as each of the projects is moved along in the process. I also love the collaboration that is involved with this project and the ability to set up notifications that help you to stay on top of deadlines.

Minpunten

I think that sometimes I got a little bit lost with the volume of projects that we put into our dashboard and I wish that there were a way to get a little bit more of an overall picture without having to scroll through all of the projects or pieces of projects as they are making their way through the project flow.

Mansi
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the best task management platform

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2023

Overall good experience. It provides good features for effective project management.

Pluspunten

I like the most that Basecamp makes it simple and easy to manage people, and projects, and provides quite simple-to-use tools and features that basically reduce the overall complexity of management. I created a central dashboard (home) where I can see a birds-eye view of all the projects, tasks, and schedules based on the month. It also provides real-time messages and notifications as a reminder of tasks that are past the deadline. Moreover, I can create a personal to-do list and manage based on different categories.It also provides a central place to store all the docs & file, and makes collaboration quite easy.

Minpunten

When I joined for the first time, I felt overwhelmed by seeing the dashboard and was not sure of the entire flow that I should use to setup. However, once I went through all the features, I was able to set up everything quite easily.

Sikhanyiso

Basecamp Review

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2022

Pluspunten

Software very perfect with great features and quality storage. works best in project management. Basecamp is affordable.

Minpunten

Personally everything about the app is perfect.

Dr Ahmed
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great Tool for project management

Beoordeeld op 28-11-2022

Overall Basecamp is good for big teams , make tasks easier and well organized but it is not convenable for small teams

Pluspunten

Basecamp is well organized and easy to use , Task scheduling is clear and design is beautiful

Minpunten

it is expensive comparing other tools , a lot of pop up

Kathryn
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Good for sharing tasks but lacks a calendar view

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2022

Pluspunten

Basecamp is decent for project management for tasks that are not necessarily time sensitive as there does not seem to be a deadline/due date feature. Easy to share projects and to comment.

Minpunten

I wish there was a calendar view to better visualize projects and timing.

Kate
  • Sector: Internet
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019

Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Pluspunten

I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Minpunten

There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

Trello, Wrike en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

We did free trials of each option and Basecamp was the easiest to use and the most intuitive. We were all comfortable using it and thought it would be the best option for us as the company grew since we could add people to the team easily.
Curt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Basecamp helps us streamline project/account management and increase our efficiency

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2020

Overall, we're very happy here at my startup marketing agency, HypeLife Brands, with Basecamp...we've been using it for a VERY long time and haven't looked back or considered anything else really. I think the 37Signals team has done a great job with the product from the beginning.

Pluspunten

The ability to manage a team, often in multiple locales, especially in the days of COVID now, much easier than any other alternative out there.

Minpunten

Sometimes a conversation for tasks becomes non-linear though Basecamp is setup in a linear fashion, so it can be a bit tricky to manage that without the ability to thread comments, but this is more of an advanced user need I think :-)

Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

We need a more robust, and hosted option instead of having to maintain and customize a tool to our needs on a local version. Basecamp fit the bill at the time and we haven't had to make a single customization once adopting its workflow.

Copper

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

I felt Basecamp was easier and cleaner for me as a project and account manager for our select clients, working on accounts with a sort of "agile within waterfall" hybrid approach to how we work...so Basecamp just fit much better, and I'm a big fan of 37signals' core philosophy too in building businesses, so there was really no competition in the end.
Chris

Organising the mess!

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019

There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction.
Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Pluspunten

Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Minpunten

It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

ActiveCollab en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Mavenlink was the worst experience we could go through, and the priciest in the bunch. In comparison, Basecamp felt like a libreation.

Kantata

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp was simpler, and focusing on what it does well.
Christopher
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Pluspunten

Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Minpunten

Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

Scoro, Hive en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Basecamp was an easier platform for us to engage clients and keep everyone on the same page! Trello felt a little outdated in terms of having swim lanes for each task.

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

Basecamp's friendly user interface and accessible onboarding features made it easier for users at my previous organization to adopt the platform. I would recommend this to any budding business who wants to manage workloads/workflows and keep their client engaged and excited about the service being provided!
Sridhar
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Decent project management tool for small teams!

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

We started Basecamp in v2 and still using it for smaller internal projects. Basecamp does a lot good when you are working with smaller simple focused projects which are run individually.

Most of our clients are now demanding to be in Slack or MS Teams as part of collaboration so we have to move to newer tools and apps as required by clients.

As part of 2020/2021 vision, we are now targeting to move all our artifacts and teams to Slack or MS Teams and service most of our collaboration/discussion/file sharing

Pluspunten

The most important and stand out feature of the product is the fixed pricing. Its use all you can and no per user seating billing makes it absolutely a product for internal smaller teams.

We have used this product for little over 2 years now and is used by various teams inside the company.

With basic features like tasks, calendar, file sharing, we found it relatively smaller projects which does not involve too many requirement changes or too much of pre-start documentation required.

Minpunten

Handling large multiple projects, tracking each project activities, and above all tracking individual contractors work/ timesheet tracking has been a pain point with this product for us.

Check-ins work great for a product company but since ours is a technology services projects where work really has to be tracked and detailed at most levels has been a challenge for us.

Most of our clients are already on or they prefer/recommend apps from slack and MS Teams and demand to use basecamp in their ecosystem is not very in demand for us.

Todoist, Trello en Asana

Redenen om voor Basecamp te kiezen

Trello was adopted well by most of our clients and we proposed to use the Trello boards for projects. But the fact is that we don't always use Agile strictly in "services" industry. As in all services companies, we find ourselves always racing against time, hence the boards will not always reflect correct effort, time or estimation. Hence we made a switch from Trello to Basecamp as it offered client portal which can be shared and we can add clients and wanted more collaboration

Redenen om over te stappen op Basecamp

The number #1 was obviously fixed price of the product and not per seat basis. We found value in collaboration and getting things done with smaller teams and smaller projects. We can easily add clients and share only data that we need.
Maryellen
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

For managing details and timelines for complex projects

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019

I am a fundraiser, and often - OFTEN - have several big fundraising projects in preparation at the same time. Before Basecamp, it was a nightmare to keep all of the details for each event separate and clear, without dropping the ball on some important responsibilities. Unfortunately, failing to take care of an important detail on any of these events can be devastating, so I could barely sleep because of the stress of worrying about where I was on each project. Also, since I often use some of the same vendors (caterers, tent rental, hotel space) it was hard to remember if I had talked to them about each individual event, and had all of my facts straight for each individual event. Basecamp makes it possible to track each and every event carefully, set up connecting emails to keep everyone informed, and makes it very easy to set deadlines, timers, and reminders for every important goal and part of the event. It took an entire weekend to set up all of the lists, timelines, and connections needed within Basecamp for the eight complex fundraising events I had on my calendar when I first set up in Basecamp. But after that weekend, I slept better than I had in months because everything was organized, I could see in a few seconds exactly what was on my "To-do" list for each day, each week, and up until the day or the event, as well as what I was waiting for from anyone else. This program is certainly an expense. But it gave me incredible peace of mind.

Pluspunten

It is so well integrated. For example, taking one action will also notify several team members who need to know about that action without me having to send numerous emails. The software makes it possible to track several or many projects with dozens of people without losing a step or forgetting anything.

Minpunten

A bit of a learning curve to get started, but technical support is good, and the program quickly becomes intuitive.

The other members of your team - not only your staff, but your client - must also be willing to learn Basecamp. On the other hand, once they do, they will love it - and you!

ABEER
  • Sector: Online media
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A very handy tool for client management tasks

Beoordeeld op 19-2-2019

The fundamental advantage of Basecamp is the capacity to allot out explicit undertakings to explicit people and with a due date. Basecamp helps organizations to know which individuals from every office on chipping away at a customer. With the due date highlight, clients can demonstrate time-touchy or important matters. This component is discretionary, which enables our organization to recognize transient undertakings and long haul objectives. Basecamp's plan is agenda arranged. Agendas advance incredibly to our increasingly fastidious representatives, yet in addition, empowers the more Type B workers to center their thoughts into convenient and quantifiable assignments. The freshest move up to Basecamp 3 presented the Campfire include which is perfect for inward ventures, an advantage that was missing from the past rendition. This part of the product is ideal for intra-office non-customer work. For instance, the record supervisory crew utilizes this element to work together on building another layout for our customer introductions. In general, Basecamp enables my organization to accomplish extensive scale objectives by separating them into particular objectives.

Pluspunten

I have been dealing with the customer confronting side of a medium-sized computerized advertising organization. I cherish that Basecamp adjusts superbly with our multi-customer firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 contributed to the item's utility. Basecamp's plan enables my collaborators and me to dole out and oversee undertakings crosswise over divisions. The new Campfire highlight extends Basecamp's utility to incorporate inner tasks, besides the principle advantage of sorting out customer work. This element takes into account an increasingly easygoing stream of thoughts for ventures that my group is chipping away at as a team.

Minpunten

After you have transferred documents, you can not download them combined at once. You need to exclusively download each document that you need. This can prompt having different form of a record. On the off chance that you don't erase a past adaptation of an archive, at that point there will be two. the best way to not keep running into this is to us the record fuction in Basecamp. This element is exceptionally essential. in the event that you don't remain over record the executives and discourse you could be soon over run and end up with a ton of tidy up work.

Devora Gila
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Using Basecamp helps me feel "on top of it" and connected to the other team players in the...

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018

goal setting, organizing information, communication, connection, team spirit, support, training

Pluspunten

I have suggested Basecamp to others because of the organization, company spirit connection and communication it fosters.

The main features we use on Basecamp are the Message Board, ping, Docs and Files.
Message Board allows you to keep themes organized so everyone can be on the same page together and chime in with their opinions and questions, and even enthusiasm. You can upload files here which is super helpful. The applause feature adds to connection and community.

The ping feature is awesome. It keeps a running list of the communication you've had with others. You can choose to ping one or more people. In ping you can also upload files. The automated subject line gives you faster response time than regular emails.

With Docs and Files we can upload and store schedules, scripts, recordings, etc. You can sort by name or date created and everything is in front of you.

Minpunten

Maybe it's just me, but the Docs and Files section can be confusing because everything is there and you do have to look around for what you want. You can use the "find" feature to get at things more quickly but you need to know the keywords. It really needs some management.

Basecamp is so effective at bolstering company spirit that during our launches I get notifications all day long. You can turn off the notification feature, but I actually love hearing what other people say and it keeps me engaged. I guess I will have to prioritize how I use my time!

Walter
  • Sector: Groothandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019

Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us.

Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Pluspunten

It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Minpunten

The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp.

Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

yogendra kumar
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Basecamp is an online collaboration app.It is Very user friendly Project management software.

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2017

One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m.whatever you like.

In addition to the display of cards for various team and project spaces, the Basecamp dashboard also has links to My Stuff: My Assignments, My Bookmarks, My Schedule, and so forth. I like that you can get to a consolidated list of My Stuff from the dashboard, but again, I'd rather be able to see it right then and there. A few customizable widgets would go a long way to making Basecamp's dashboard a more productive interface.

Pluspunten

It has very simple interface so I can easky understand.Graphics of this software is too good.It is effective software to manage projects.Take less effort to setup this software.I like that Basecamp takes mere minutes to set up. On-screen tutorials walk you through the process with clear and concise pointers. During the setup, Basecamp suggests things you might need to add to your account, such as an upcoming event or project, as well as any documents or task lists associated with it.One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m. whatever you like.

Minpunten

Basecamp offers several ways for people to collaborate with one another. Within each team or project are a message board, task list, schedule (for events), and place to upload shared files. While the message board helps for keeping track of ongoing notes and conversations about the overview of a project, you might also need to ask colleagues more pointed or more general questions that don't belong on the board for all to see. For that, there's Campfire, Basecamp's chat room.

Christopher
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

We would be a Mess without It

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019

Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff.

We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Minpunten

DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion.

Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added.

Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership.

A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business.

I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would.

Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

Bryce
  • Sector: Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten

Best Bang for the Buck

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2021

Our team has been better at communicating with one another and collaborating on ideas. It has connected the team and made it easier to know what everyone is working on without it feeling like big brother is watching what you do.

Pluspunten

I love how I pay a yearly fee and I can have unlimited users, projects, files, due dates, etc. We looked into other software and no one could match the ease of use and affordability for a city government on a budget. I love how you can search by keyword and find what you need, I love the chatting option between employees and I love how you can create projects and assignments with ease.

Minpunten

I wish you could integrate your google calendar with this software.

When I Work en WhenToWork

Cost

Slack
Sean

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

The best production management software for our company.

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2019

We use Basecamp for every project that goes through our company, and we have some team members that use it constantly and some that barely want to touch it ... when you rely on Basecamp for your company to run smoothly, you need to make sure you have 100% buy in from the team and everybody is using the software with some form of ground rules in place to help keep everything organized. Once that is dialed in, basecamp really can cover every needs we run across and it has grown with us from a 3 person company up to a 28 person company and should be able to sustain for the foreseeable future.

Pluspunten

The pros of basecamp are the company wide team access and usage, easy access to current project related data, storage for project photos and renders. We have an archive of our projects for the past 6 years as well, so we can always go back in and find any info we may have had in the past but are missing now.

Minpunten

Basecamp is just difficult enough that our team members who are a little less tech savvy can feel overwhelmed with navigating the software. We tend to have 150 -250 open, active projects at any given time, so they struggle to know which project relates to them and get discouraged by the navigation.

Since there are so many ways to use the software, to-dos, conversations, calendars, file browsing, etc. it can become disjointed and unorganized quickly. You really need to stay on top of keeping everything in a manner that cuts down confusion.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

Great for Project Management

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2021

Love basecamp. Easiest software to use to project manage. We use this every single day. Don't foresee that changing anytime soon!

Pluspunten

Such an easy way to communicate with teammates on a project, track our progress, share files, and project manage. We also use the basecamp calendar to track all of our marketing emails, social media ads/posts, print marketing, and events. It allows for easy "Traffic control" of marketing efforts.
I also love that when you want to communicate on a project/task, you may have for example 10 teammates on the project but you can pick for your email notification of the new message/post to only go to specific individuals among those 10 included so it still tracks the conversation but only notifies those needed without overwhelming others with tons of email notifications.

Minpunten

Honestly nothing. This software has so much to offer and they have amazing notifications and tutorials that are 5min or less to learn more to better project manage and take advantage of everything it has to offer. If anything (and to be honest - perhaps they have it and i just dont realize), it would be great to have a quick way to review marketing pieces and comment on needed updates/changes made to a document vs. as almost like a "chat"... we separately use inmotion to review marketing pieces while also using basecamp to project manage.