LiquidPlanner

Dynamische projectbeheersoftware voor moderne bedrijven.

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Jose
  • Sector: Chemicaliën
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great project management tool, flexible and efficient to organize your workflow.

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2023

We utilize Liquidplanner to oversee different extend demands over the company, this device permits us to remain in touch with the venture ask, track which bunches are searching for work, and give reports. I'm binding together detailing and streamlining errand administration for a number of ventures and endeavors, Liquidplanner moreover makes a difference us superior oversee and apportion company assets. LiquidPlanner gives everybody in our office a centralized store to see what employments are within the line, what's coming up and what everybody is working on, it's important especially when somebody is out of town or debilitated and somebody else has to get things done. one or two assignments.

Pluspunten

LiquidPlanner client interface permits for a awesome bargain of customization, making it simple to collaborate with various inner groups and share data between divisions, we will track different ventures with LiquidPlanner insights. Ready to see the asked ventures, relegate them to the proper individual and meet the due date to guarantee all errands are done, I adore that LiquidPlanner is so adaptable in its applications, we will share records, communicate with clients and keep track of employments open and closed.

Minpunten

I wish the involvement for clients (entry visitors, in specialized phrasing) would be more in tune with that of directors so that we seem more effortlessly taught clients in route, and so they have more adaptability in route. Not continuously client inviting and can be troublesome for amateur clients to handle the strategy, there's no settled list alternative on the input frame, fair a dropdown. A few highlights proposed by clients and on back gatherings never show up on the item guide or take a long time to execute.

Ben
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Loaded with features and very intuitive

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2019

We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

Pluspunten

Very feature rich, accessibility via web and mobile and analytics reporting are some of the big pros.

Minpunten

It is a bit pricy compared to some of the other options, but the value is there if you are using it regularly.

Overwogen alternatieven

Zoho CRM en Wrike

Redenen om over te stappen op LiquidPlanner

Great customer support and constantly adding new features to make the software more flexible and easy to use.
Eric
  • Sector: Fondsenwerving

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Good communication but enough features to be awkward

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

Like many project management software solutions, LiquidPlanner wants to be everything to everybody. That's great in the robust features it offers but than can come with a learning curve.
What is nice about the software is that it allows us to maintain project information and progression even when the project is delayed--perhaps by several months--which is frequent for us. The ability to consolidate progress reports, working files and samples in one place allows us to pick up easily where we left off.

Pluspunten

It allows for multi-platform communication between teams that are separated by distance and also time. Since project statuses are sent to email, I can respond through my email back to the software to offer updates and answers when I am away from my desk.
The drag and drop capability of including word, spreadsheeet and pdf files allows for information to be posted to the project entry allowing us to maintain project oversight at all times.

Minpunten

It can be complicated to new users. The interface isn't immediately clear for helping a new user understand what the product can offer. While I can respond to a email sent to me from the software, I cannot email the project directly for status updates.

Steven
Steven

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I am a fan, though our use is just scratching the surface

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2018

Because of the lack of integrations, I have been looking for something to replace Liquid Planner with, and after seeing them, I could not stand to stop using Liquid Planner. I think that alone speaks volumes.

I think you would be foolish to not look at their product. And there you have it.

Pluspunten

As a web development agency, I can tell you the one feature that has prevented me from using another product, that is their task estimating feature. Why nobody else does this is beyond me (full disclosure: a lot of things are beyond me) :)

When setting up a task you can actually estimate the time it will take the same way real people estimate tasks, with a time range. Who in the world ever hits their single estimate time targets all the time? NOBODY. With Liquid Planner you enter a range, 3 - 6 hours, 1-2 hours, etc. THAT IS A LIFESAVER FOR US.

Another concept of theirs called "packages" is also brilliant. There you can take tasks and bundle them up into "folders" that make sense to you, so you can look at your projects

Minpunten

The thing that I dislike the most is there are not many integrations with third party time keepers for tasks and billing programs. Harvest would be an example, as would many others. They have their own time tracker, but to use it you ahve to have the app open. Lose internet, forget about it. Working in a car or on the train without internet? Forget about it.

Also, their mobile app is not really of much value.

Jackson
Jackson

The Perfect Project Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2019

LiquidPlanner (or LP) is our time tracking and project management solution that allows us to plan and forecast, as well as look back at tracked data to become better. Overall, we are not looking to change any time soon as this tool is so embedded in the way we run our business.

Pluspunten

This software helps our agency thrive and manage a lot of work with ease. We have out entire in house team as well as select contractors set up in this tool for our time tracking and project management of tasks and projects. It offers tons of flexibility and allows us to follow a hybrid waterfall/agile approach to managing work. Schedules are easy to create and export on the fly, reassigning team members and forecasting are easy, etc. It's also very easy to prioritize project work and escalate accordingly and look out and plan months in advance.

Minpunten

Might be a little outdated feeling in that there isn't a Trello-style board to drag and drop projects/tasks/people, though there is a similar functionality still built in to the tool. It's also not really designed to allow external project teams (your clients) into the system, but there are workarounds.

William
  • Sector: Internet
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Cumbersome & More Expensive Than Most

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2019

- Like the Flexibility
- Swifted Away from LiquidPlanner to a More Time-Efficent Application, But...

- Like the Flexibility
- Swifted Away from LiquidPlanner to a More Time-Efficent Application, But Gave Up Several Advance Features in the Trade-Off
- Too Expensive for Multiple Users on the Same Team
- Adoption Process for New Team Members Extremely Time Consuming

Pluspunten

- Customizable (To a Degree)
- Reporting Capabilities
- Excellent Interface with Our Client Invoicing Application

- Extremely Time Consuming to Set Up & Deploy
- Frequent Software Changes Requires Extra Time to Maintain & Reconfigure
- Expensive Relative to Similar Application Alternatives

Overwogen alternatieven

Teamwork.com

Redenen om over te stappen op LiquidPlanner

Eventurally Returned to Teamwork, but Maintained a Single LiquidPlanner Account to Access Historical Archive Data
Smith
Smith
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great Task Progress Tracking and Automation Platform.

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2023

Planning and easy project progress tracking, easy managing content and the collaboration on various project team members and files management LiquidPlanner is effective product.

Pluspunten

LiquidPlanner features are flexible and the easy management of multiple project operations while generating accurate and real time data reports is simple and its tracking features are very powerful.

Minpunten

Incredible resource management product and for me LiquidPlanner was the easiest tool to implement with minimum technical help.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Multi-dimensional program with the ability to solve complex problems

Pluspunten

This software offers a way to not only organize work effectively, but it also empowers us to navigate workloads and communicate with others regarding project lead time and estimated completion dates.

Minpunten

It can time some time getting used to and requires extensive forethought and consideration into structural organization.

Alex
Alex
  • Sector: Industriële automatisering

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great for projects with a few contributors

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2018

Liquid Planner has been a great entry into a project planning software and hours reporting systems.

Pluspunten

We like the ease of reporting for hours and progress on projects. The customization of properties is very helpful in breaking down a project.

Minpunten

There are some features that aren’t easily manageable with lag timing and other types of dependencies.

Tariro
Tariro

Liquid planner

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2018

Pluspunten

It's like this program knows exactly what you want to do,it's awesome. The project structuring and report task management are very good.

Minpunten

It takes a while to get used to but once everyone gets used to it it's great.

Riel

• Klantenondersteuning

The best project management tool for teams

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2010

Through thoughtful design, LiquidPlanner has made a project management application that is a perfect fit for dynamic and collaborative teams. It could replace your current project, task, time management tools and company blog by integrating them all in a natural way.

Liquid Planner has a transparent way of making you be mindful of exactly how the team is using its precious time. Our company president pleaded with me to get it set up so that he could use it as a tool to help the partners understand the team's capacity. He wanted a convincing way to show why more projects could not be taken on without an increase in staff. Liquid Planner allowed me to do this within a day.

I feel like the Liquid Planner designers traveled into my mind to design the perfect project/task/time manager.

Pluspunten

Having used many project management tools over many years, it's hard to not fall in love with LiquidPlanner. It feels like I've traveled to bizarro world where everything goes right.

I can now put together comprehensive projects faster than I can plan them in my mind. I've never had this experience (including with Excel). Simply put, I don't feel the interface slowing me down. It feels like all "busy work" has been removed.

I never thought I'd have a real-time schedule because of the requirements to maintain it, but LiquidPlanner delivers on this promise. Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say that "what if" scenarios are so easy and fast to do, I've developed stronger intuitive scheduling techniques without understanding exactly why they work. Am I now smarter or dumber?

If you are not the type to love the clock-in/out button on each task, you might be the type to get hooked on adding a few notes when you complete each task because your notes are shared in the team's "blog."

Minpunten

Introducing a new company-wide system is always hard, but you you can use Liquid Planner to replace your project management tools, time-tracking tools and company blog so that should help reduce the total number of systems.

Currently companies that need a fully-featured document library should stick with what they have. There is an API and the company has been aggressively releasing new features so maybe someday.

If you haven't experienced a lot of project management tools, you may not be as passionate about it as I am. Part of it's appeal is that it does what any other project management tool integrated with a company portal can do, but it does it fast and easy enough that it's actually worth using.

• Sector: Medische apparatuur

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Hard to get over the preconceived notions, but worth it

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019

I am very much a fan of this software. I think the limitations for how it can help is more around people understanding what it does differently than Project or similar tools than with the tool itself. One of my most recent experiences tells the story well. When we were discussing the pros and cons an individual with a lot of influence was complaining that dates in the tool move if someone is sick and not getting to their tasks. I had a hard time understanding a perspective that a plan with a date should be static regardless of what people do. This tool is about understanding your progress based on what people do, not a static planning tool that people never look at or influence by there actions and therefore allows us to pretend that finish dates don't change regardless of peoples actions or issues that can arise.

My overall opinion is the tool is limited more by peoples perspective than anything else and if you want better tracking, predictability, and ability to influence results you need to invest 30% of your time on the tool and 70% of your time getting people to wrap their heads around what this is doing and not what it might replace.

Pluspunten

It helps to organize the tasks and get people the right information to work on.
It helps to prioritize what needs to happen and forecast how long it takes.
It does a great job of managing hand offs within a team.
It provides more tools than a typical user will ever need. The deeper you go the more value you can get.

Minpunten

It can be difficult to get people to understand that this is not typical planning software.
A more robust tutorial and a better description of what this tool is would help get teams to start faster.

• Sector: Computersoftware

Manager's view

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2018

It's a great improvement over our prior way of working, but after a few years we still haven't perfected our system to get exactly what we needed. Ideally, the only manual steps would be timely tracking of work on tasks and revised estimates, but to get our needs met we've needed more manual work.

Pluspunten

Prior to Liquid Planner, all of our client projects were in individual Microsoft Project files - which isn't ideal when you have shared resources. Now that we've used LP for a few years, we have much better visibility to work coming down the pike as well as potential conflicts/overbookings. However, the tool is only as good as the team's willingness to use it in a timely and accurate manner.

Minpunten

The nature of our business and projects is much more complicated than what is featured in the sales process. Clients have a role in the process, and delays on their part push out all our deliverables. This is hard to capture/manage in LP without additional manual updates by the project manager. Also, we've had to devise a bit of a workaround workflow to allow us to properly prioritize individual tasks across multiple projects - again, requires some manual management/movement of tasks. When any of the manual work falls by the wayside, the quality of the projections in LP is diminished greatly.

Kerry
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great but room to improve

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

Liquid Planner has helped us be more organized and has helped us manage several projects at once. Being able to see expected project completion dates and expected hours to complete is helpful.

Overall I am very pleased with Liquid Planner but wish it was better in the areas I mentioned.

Pluspunten

I like sevaral things about Liquid Planner. Here are just a few.

I like the project management in general. I like the range of hours for tasks. This helps improve overall project scheduling.

I like being able to add custom fields to tasks and projects.

I like the ability to do ASAP Tasks.

Minpunten

While great, Liquid Planner is not perfect.

I wish the reports and analytics worked a bit more intuitively. There are several things that I have tried to do that I have not been able to figure out. Some I have been able to resolve with customer support. Others I found were things that are not possible.

Although Liquid Planner is set up great for tracking time for projects it doesn't work well for projects that are firm fixed priced. Most of the projects we work on here are firm fixed priced. I am aware of the baseline feature, but frankly it just isn't very good, nor are the graphs for tracking to plan.

There are a few other things that I'm not remembering at the moment.

Ben
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Expensive, complex, and extremely powerful.

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2018

Pluspunten

LiquidPlanner is quite customizable with different ways to view tasks and many different screens to visualize things in alternative contexts. For a project manager on the business side, it allows for very powerful organization of multiple projects and teams, and many possibilities for scheduling and prioritizing tasks. It allows for flexible time tracking using range estimates and a simple time entry view.

Minpunten

It's easy to lose track of how many hours were actually approved for a task if you want to take advantage of the ability to re-estimate things on the fly. It can be slow to load and cumbersome to use. It can be difficult to find things in the overly complex Projects view. Search filters get reset every time you click a task link from someone else that doesn't match your existing filters. It's not always intuitive how to find things using the available search options (for example, unless you put the project name in every task title, searching for the project name doesn't do much good). Time entry takes a lot of clicks with recent updates if you need to add notes to each item. The API is complex to use (though powerful).

James P.
James P.
  • Sector: Managementconsulting
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Powerful, adaptive, and flexible project management solution

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2018

Pluspunten

The blend of waterfall and agile capabilities, with a solid Kanban. It is an excellent planning solution for large waterfall based projects and equally capable for agile with scrum projects.

For waterfall: It is far easier to use than MS Project or other such solutions that require manual control over dates. The priority based scheduling engine schedules based on priority of the task in the system's hierarchical order. While this is not always the most flexible, they provide numerous ways to control the prioritization with resource splitting, work caps, delayed starts, and dependencies. The time-tracking capabilities are impressive, and it easily integrates time, notes, and work items. The mobile solution is slick and works well.

For agile with scrum: Liquid Planner can be configured with fields to capture stories, acceptance criteria, and other elements related to stories. The kanban boards can be configured with a variety of stages.

Minpunten

While I agree with the priority based scheduling concept, and its implementation, I'd like a bit more flexibility to control my daily task list rather than having to rigidly follow what the schedule dictates I should be doing. Right now, the My Work section allows the user only to see their tasks in order of master schedule priority, which is not always the most logical order in which to work on a specific day. They do permit workarounds with the ASAP prioritization - which works well.

My other suggestions for improvement are:
- more granular control over alerts and feeds
- synchronization with Google/Outlook calendar (right now it requires manual calendar synchronization)
- Better reporting on agile with scrum, kanbans.

• Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

Simple Project Management

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2018

We have been using LiquidPlanner for almost two years now. It is a good web solution that is relatively easy to use. We have had success in logging employee time against tasks, projects, and clients. It is a more robust tool than some of the basic project management tools on the market (or excel sheets). It does have some limitations that may or may not impact certain project management needs.

Pluspunten

LiquidPlanner is a good tool for tracking employee time against tasks and projects. We use this LiquidPlanner for tracking time associated with specific projects and clients.

Minpunten

With any tool, there are some limitations. LiquidPlanner does a decent job of reporting and dashboarding by project. For our organization, reporting and dashboarding by client and/or by month is more important. Unfortunately, there is not a good solution in LiquidPlanner to help us with this. The solutions that exist are clunky and/or partial. LiquidPlanner has the ability to create shared tasks which is a great feature. This allows multiple employees to be on the same task. Unfortunately, schedule timelines and priorities do not calculate well when using shared tasks. It's better for every employee to be on their own task for schedule timelines and priorities to calculate properly.

Ann
Ann

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great project management software even though it doesn't fit our needs 100% of the time.

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2017

I couldn't do my work every day without Liquid Planner. I am constantly referencing it and using it throughout the day.

Pluspunten

I like the way we can use this as a project management, time tracking, and a scheduling platform. So many other tools I've used only address one of these vital areas.

The timers on each task are one of my favorite features of Liquid Planner. It makes it so easy to track time and see how accurate estimates really are on a given task or set of tasks. You can easily view progress, see overruns and areas of concern (there's a red fire icon), and put as many details in the actual task as you need. You can link tasks together, create dependencies, and perform other actions to get a realistic view of a project.

Minpunten

Sometimes it is difficult to set up scheduling the way our company needs it to be represented. However Liquid Planner always seems to be putting out new features and their support team is very helpful in trying to help their clients find solutions.

David
David
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

Cloud-based Project and Department Resources Management Tool of Choice

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

The customer support from LiquidPlanner has been excellent! We recently had some very helpful web conferences with the customer support team and found some new features we were previously unaware of.

Pluspunten

LiquidPlanner has been our project management software application since 2016. We manage hundreds of projects for six different clients and internal projects. With an agile team of 11 employees, this tool has allowed us to balance employee workloads, better predict time-to-market, and analyze our department efficiency and cost-effectiveness.

Minpunten

It took nearly a year to real 'dial-in' the software to our unique use case. There was a lot of trial-and-error in the beginning and a number of hours spent with tech support from LiquidPlanner. However, we have the tool running very well for our processes now and find new areas of our business where the data from LiquidPlanner has been beneficial to decision-making.

Mike
  • Sector: E-learning

LP Review

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2022

It has raised us to next level in our production and efficiencies. The ability to see exactly what is happening within projects has greatly reduced production times. The money it has saved us internally well pays for the cost of using the tool compared to others.

Pluspunten

The automatic resource allocation, and automatic scheduling. Their customer support has been amazing from the LP team.

Minpunten

Has been difficult for building internal dashboards to track all our revenue data. This is greatly improving and look forward to the new enhancements.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Expensive but the Features are Worth It

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2017

I used this product for myself, because the firm I work for uses Microsoft Planner (free) which is crap. Liquid Planner isn't perfect, but it's one of the best out there. I like that it schedules my time for me. My main complaint is that you cannot assign clients to tasks like you can for projects. It is obviously optimized for companies that work on very large, involved projects, whereas, I do many short, discrete projects - like writing a NR or a newsletter. I set these up as tasks because it isn't worth the time to set up a project. Then, I have to nest them inside a project folder to assign them to a client. Frustrating

Pluspunten

Excellent time tracking and scheduling features, bonuses like setting dependencies, and comprehensive analysis and reporting features.

Minpunten

Optimized for large, involved projects and as a result the Task designation isn't as helpful as it might be. Needs richer functionality in Tasks for short projects where it isn't worth setting up a project folder.

Yong
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The transparency of the project gives great confidence to all

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2017

We are using LiquidPlanner (LP) in almost every project. Besides tracking and reporting progress inside, one of the best things is to keep our clients updated regarding their projects in real time. Such transparency has huge benefit to both side, the clients and the development team.

For clients, they may gain confidence from the project progress at any time. Especially, many of them are start-ups. They relies on the project to develop their business and talk further with the potential investors. The real time update helps to plan their future in a more accurate way.

For the team, LP is used to get real time feedback from clients. Any blocks may be identified and solved in time. And we know what we did is what the clients need and does bring business value to them.

In general, with LP, all the parties around the project get the transparency and are given the great confidence of the success.

Pluspunten

share information among all parties.

N/A

Katherine
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Instructional Design perspective

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019

Overall this is a great product.

Overall this is a great product.

Pluspunten

Great way to organize your projects if you are following from a true project management perspective in which various entities can't be done without the completion of another. A lot of features and customization to make it your own experience.

Minpunten

After filtering projects and such, you can't organize it the way you want to, such as in alphabetical order, numerical, or priority. The filters it contains eliminates items, and i like to see everything. We do a form of project management but not in the true textbook sense, as certain tasks and items do not stop us from completing something, everything can still keep moving. Our process is a mix of qualitative and quantitative.

Jonathan
  • Sector: Architectuur en planning
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Facelift and Usability

Beoordeeld op 18-4-2019

Pluspunten

It's most of what we need to manage a project. Having tried a number of other project planners, I don't know of anything else I'd rather use.

Minpunten

- How much time did X number of (selected) tasks take to finish based on the time logged (start/end dates) as an average? Can I revise the estimate on all subsequent tasks based on that estimate automatically?
- Too many lines in the UI. Needs a facelift. I've made a subdued version available here: https://userstyles.org/styles/163485/modern-ui
- I desperately wish you could see more tasks at the same time.
- You should be allowed to select hundreds of tasks at a time (not being limited to 50 would be great)!
- I want to see a visual queue of tasks per employee spanning multiple projects as a timeline wherein each task is denoted as finishing on a specific day.
- Stopwatch needs to always be accessible, and have multiple stopwatches visible per current tasks for the day in one (dockable) panel that persists (doesn't run away).
- Icons are blurry. You need a pixel artist on the team.

Myriam
Myriam
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

LiquidPlanner

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2018

Liquid Planner is a great tool to manage small demand/task on a daily basis, but it's difficult to follow big project within the same workspace.

Pluspunten

Dynamic tool and Manages overall priorities

Minpunten

- When there is a change in a project, everything else changes without notice. I don't know that the dates on my project were moved, why and by whom.
- Multiple Assignment: I would like to have the possibility to decide if the remaining time is cumulative or specific to each one. In other words, if total = 20 hours, 4 assignee's, I would like to have the availability to identify if the Remaining time is per person or will be redistributed to the 4 assignee's.
- Filter by tags is using only "OR" logic... It would be useful to be able to filter also by "AND".
- Limit of 100 lines in Dashboard
- When I create a Favorite View, it would be useful to have the possibility to share it with another person.
-"+" sign should show only when there is something inside the project / Sub Project / Package.