Slack

4,7 (23.222)
Schrijf een review!
Eén enkele plek voor teamcommunicatie en werkstromen

(23.222)

Gisela
  • Sector: Fotografie
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Slack , echt iets voor mij.

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2024

Gelijk bij het eerste gebruik was ik erg tevreden . Overzichtelijk en goed

Gelijk bij het eerste gebruik was ik erg tevreden . Overzichtelijk en goed

Makkelijk in gebruik . Jij moet eerst klikken en uitproberen

Minpunten

Jij moet eerst even weten hoe het werkt . Dan gaat het super

Sanskriti
Sanskriti
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2020

We implement slack for inter-office communications. Slack made the communication possible and managing workflows was a lot easier. We often use slack for real-time messaging not, particularly for archives. Overall, slack has enhanced our business productivity, collaboration between project teams, and managed to provide streamlined communication.

Pluspunten

Slack was easy to use and implement at work. The web version of slack works completely fine. The slack interface is streamlined and ideal for business communication. We are able to replace emails at work and use communication on slack, which is quick and easy for project teams. The most significant thing I loved about Slack is, it can be integrated with other productivity, communication, and collaboration tools to make the work more streamlined and can be an optimum choice for automation and scripting.

Minpunten

The only downside to this application is its pricing. The standard plans lack most of the important features, so we thought of upgrading to Plus. Since the price is based on per person per month, we found the pricing for Plus too high. So, we had expected if the price could be pay-per-module, but that can’t be helped either.

monday.com

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

Salesforce has lot of complexities at work and all we need is an easy and efficient tool to beat the performance. And we found Slack worthy of it.

Overgestapt van

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

Slack is easy to use and implement at work. Well, it has ability to integrate with lots of apps, and outruns all other alternative applications in performance.
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great tool for communicating with a remote team

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2023

It's become a fairly ciritcal tool in staying efficient and communicating

It's become a fairly ciritcal tool in staying efficient and communicating

Pluspunten

Slack makes it easy to communicate with my team and share files in real-time with my offshore team

Minpunten

I find it a bit hard to navigate at times and I probably don't use all of the functions to capacity. It can be confusing

Gmail

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

I stil use Click-Up but its easier to communicate directly on slack

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

It's what my team were already using so we went with it
Juan Pablo

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Amazing tool for team collaboration

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2024

All good! Very easy UX and quick channel to collaborate.

All good! Very easy UX and quick channel to collaborate.

Both mobile and web
Good quality of huddle

Dependency on Connectivity
Channel Management

Jon

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Slack is essentially advanced texting for business users

Beoordeeld op 9-7-2020

I started using Slack because my client required it. I find that it cuts down on my email dependence but I'm often frustrated when attempting to compose a message without standard elements such as tables, inline images, etcetrera.

Pluspunten

I like the ability to stay in touch with our users via whatever device I'm currently using. For example, I can respond from my home computer, tablet, work computer or via my phone.

I especially like the ability to be notified of a new message via my phone where I can read the message on the phone but can step over to my laptop to reply.

I also appreciate the ability to add an email thread to a Slack Channel by simply adding a slack email address (each channel has a unique email address) to the CC field when I reply.

Minpunten

The biggest con for me is the extremely limited amount of formatting available to Slack messages. I can make a font bold and add links to files/images but I really miss the rich text features many similar apps provide.

It's also frustrating to need to keep typing adding the user name(s) when I'm responding to a message. I'm assuming that this is by design but it would really be nice to be able to "Reply All" to a conversation thread.

The desktop Slack application (running on Windows 10 Pro) has a "clunky" feel to it. It's written with a framework that allows the Slack developers to write HTML and JavaScript code that is essentially compiled into a Windows application and it definitely shows. Something as simple as selecting text is counter-intuitive (until you realize that it's essentially a web page mascaraing as a Windows application.

• Sector: Human Resources

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Your all in one communications channel

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2024

Pluspunten

I like how Slack is simple to use yet very powerful when it comes to functions. It could be an all-in-one communications channel solutions fit for remote work. Plus this can be integrated with different 3rd Party APIs that can trigger automated notifications.

Minpunten

None so far. I haven't experienced any major concern that hinders my overall productivity.

Abegail
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Slack is very useful

Beoordeeld op 24-3-2024

One of the most reliable communication app

One of the most reliable communication app

Pluspunten

You can get intouch with someone using slack with no disconnection

Minpunten

Small counts of licenses cant even enjoy

Darren
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Very efficient way to communicate with colleagues in a remote work space

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2024

Pluspunten

I like the reminder feature via slackbot. It's easy to use and I end up not forgetting to send someone a message or remind myself that a deliverable is due

Minpunten

Probably when updates are made to the UI and it takes me a little while to get used to again.

Amber

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy to use communication tool

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2024

Pluspunten

easy to communicate with team members in real time

Minpunten

new notifications easy to miss at times

Lavernea
  • Sector: Internet

Best for Team Collaboration and Communication

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2024

Pluspunten

I love how simple and easy it is to keep in touch with team members, stay on track, and make sure we are all on the same page.

Minpunten

I find that I need to reload Slack to receive new messages in the channel.

Mohammed Abdul
  • Sector: Overheidsadministratie

Slack me crazy!

Beoordeeld op 22-4-2024

Great, would use it over teams any day.

Great, would use it over teams any day.

Pluspunten

Really good and efficient tool to use for any company. It can sync with lots of apps and very easy on the eye.

Minpunten

Nothing at the moment. It's very quick and snazzy.

Sergei
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The unbeaten king of communication tools.

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019

I doubt I could ever use something that isn't Slack, probably due to the fact there is just nothing that even comes close to its balance of features and fun. Which is kind of sad as its clear Slack stopped innovating as soon as it noticed it pretty much had a monopoly on workplace communications.

Pluspunten

Slack biggest achievement and PRO is making workplace chat fun, be it by fun emojis, gifs or reaction emojis to messages, or its sheer amount of customization options. Add to this the insane amount of project customization thanks to 3rd party integrations, and its clear why it's as of now still unbeaten. Also, the fact it has plenty of developer centric features such as syntax highlighting and impressive platform compatibility across OS just makes it even harder to compete against.

Minpunten

Slack's biggest problems are 2, performance, and price. Even on relatively powerful hardware, Slack is prone to having performance issues, probably due to the fact its built with web technologies which are great for compatibility reasons, not so much for performance. Also, their pricing model makes it pretty much impossible for small companies and groups to buy due to how expensive it is.

Carlos Fred
Carlos Fred
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Slack: a good business instant message application

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019

My experience with Slack has been really good.
Slack helps me a lot on my daily activities and even...

My experience with Slack has been really good.
Slack helps me a lot on my daily activities and even more when I'm working from a remote location or inspecting something and need to interact with our team at the main office.

Pluspunten

Slack is easy to use and its interface is very similar to other IM applications we have been using for years.
That makes the transition from whatever IM software currently in use to Slack quick and smooth.
In our company, nobody needed to be trained to use Slack and users went well with the transition process.
Slack allows users to customize their names, profile picture, and current status.
It's also possible to send messages to individuals, groups of people, and into channels.
Users most commonly send text messages but they have the option to send screen captures, pictures, and files in general at their own convenience.
A very useful resource in my opinion is the ability to create shared channels where you can add people from outside your organization as well as users from other Slack organizations.
With this feature, you can create a support channel with a service provider and have quick interaction with them, for example.

Minpunten

I don't have too much complaints about Slack.
One of them is that as an Administrator, I believe that the management interface is a bit confusing.
Sometimes it takes me a while to remember certain basic operations because Slack has its own way of having that done.
Also, I had issues with some of my users a couple of times because of bugs with Slack application.
The last I remember would freeze half of the user's screen so nothing shown in that area was clickable of selectable.
Closing and reopening Slack would temporarily solve the problem.
I contacted Slack support and they confirmed that as a known issue and that would be fixed soon with a software update.

Saransh
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best chat and communication tool for teams

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020

Its great when everyone is in a single location and you can just walk up and ask your questions face-to-face. This isn't the case for most of us anymore as we are working with remote teams and different schedules. Slack has made communication almost as efficient as face to face. You can even reach people on their mobile devices after hours if needed. The ability to connect all of this communication with many of our other products and services just makes it even better.

Pluspunten

The interface is the best we have used and is easy to navigate and understand. Channels make a lot of sense and everyone using Slack seems to understand how they work. Tagging others in a conversation is a great way of calling attention to the specific people who need to see a message. Integrations work well and there are already a lot of them but making custom integrations is also easy.

Minpunten

I wish there was some better way of organizing tons of channels. This is probably not a big deal in most places and you can hide everything but the channels that you want to see but some better hierarchy like folders or something like this would be great.

Microsoft Teams

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

The product was being phased out and it was poorly used in our teams.

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

We like Slack's more independent brand and the overall design feels powerful and light at the same time.
Christopher
  • Sector: Entertainment

Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020

Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

Pluspunten

The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

Minpunten

The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

• Sector: Biotechnologie

Experience after 3 years of useing Slack

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2022

Slack demonstrates a strong scientific link, particularly when used for internal company communication. Slack is also user-friendly, with an easy-to-use layout and a login interaction with LinkedIn. Furthermore, as compared to other programs, this application is quite light on computers and phones.

Pluspunten

It is highly handy for this application to combine login with Linkin, which helps to improve connection possibilities while eliminating many redundant login processes. Also, because Slack is cross-platform (desktop, Android, and iOS), everyone in my firm can communicate with one another regardless of device. Furthermore, the possibility to connect to other storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub... Slack's free plan allows users to save up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the team, 5GB of storage, and connect up to 5 additional carrier services.

Minpunten

The storage of messages only takes place for a short time and it is necessary to update the paid application versions to use more features. This makes the free version quite limited and unpopular for long-term storage of information.

Redmine en Zendesk Suite

Redenen om voor Slack te kiezen

Slack presents more versatility than telegram and is easier to use.

Overgestapt van

Telegram

Redenen om over te stappen op Slack

I went through all the possible applications to find the most user-friendly channel in my software company. Done Slack clearly shows multi-app friendliness so I chose it.

Slack for Team Communication

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2019

We use Slack as an internal team communicate tool for transparency of discussions with team members in multiple time zones and also to encourage team bonding. Direct messaging is also conveniently located here and since most of the devs on my team don't actual bother to login to the company mandated direct messaging team, it's easier to get ahold of them.

Pluspunten

My previous experience with group real-time communication was IRC. As an employee who had just barely gotten their toes wet using terminal, IRC was intimidating to run and intimidating to find any past conversations because searching it required terminal commands and a third party plugin to just login. It also did not retain history when you signed off, so as one who is on a team that includes people in no fewer than 3 time zones, I often missed communication when I went home. It took some prodding to get our team onto Slack, but once we were on all, we didn't look back. Slack's support of custom bots was, ironically, one of the determining factors for migrating, but we heavily use the drag and drop interface to share files and images all the time, and also push out GitHub notifications from cli testing into our channels. Being able to pin resources to channels and having the little channel blurb at the top has also allowed us to sub-divide into teams and have critical resources for each team (ticket tracking, zoom link, etc) at the top.

Minpunten

I'd say the one downside I feel about Slack is that while they did do a good job improving their search, I still find myself struggling to find things I know I favorited and I can't search favorites. I also wish I was able to tag favorites with my own set of tags.

• Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great for virtual team collaboration

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019

Since I use it everyday, I would say this is has become an invaluable tool for me and collaborating with colleagues (w/the exception of not being able to see msg history beyond 10k). I would recommend this to anyone who works virtually OR if you're like me and drown in emails.

It doesn't matter if you are in a tech field or not: if you can text an use social media, you can juse Slack. bottom line, it's a WIDELY used tool with a growing number of other app integrations that the paid version allows you to seamlessly tie your [communication] workflow together. I resisted for a while but now I can't imagine not having it.

Pluspunten

- Slack allows me to commimicate in real time without using email with clients and colleagues all over the country & the world. The free version doens't have as many features as paid, but still robust enough to work for a small 1-man shop
- Channels (topics/groups) allow for communication on a topic w/only relevent members (by invitation). preventing tons of emails to track = it's all in one place, in timeline format; this allows you to see who wrote what, when and, whatwas shared (urls, files/photos, etc).
- Direct/private chats for more sensitive info
- Notification types vary based on your set preferences: when you're mentioned in a channel, indexing keywords. w/hashtags for searching history (like bookmarking).
- Video conference calls (paid version allows for up to 15 participants, screen sharing, more storage space & unlimited msgs)
- Save comments for later w/reactions or saves to something shared.
Clients can be invited to channels and only see that channel's content, allowing things to continue.
- File sharing, video calls & integrating with lots of other software/services listed on their site) combines all communication in one tool reducing the need for emails
- Cost for the paid plans is relatively nominal and since it elminates the need for emails in many cases, it ultimately pays for itself by saving time + the additional features you get.
- Online access to customize your account
- Multiple teams (i.e. 1 for your main business, 1 if you're invited, etc

Minpunten

Based on my experience using the free version, I find some of the features to be less intuitive = I can't be sure if I can integrate something for a smaller fee or if it's only available in a paid plan.

Since many chats tend to grow over time, the free version limits you to 10k messages; you'd be surprised how fast that gets used up. If you try to search for something once you exceed 10k msgs, you may not have access to it. (I get it, it's the free version but it's like texting for business. 10k is small in grand scheme of things so you have to remember to save things you really think you'll need or you'll lose them.

Heidi
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

An extensive chatroom: ending useless email discussions

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

Overall, this is an easy and helpful chatroom for your work. It stops your emails from piling up, and you can ignore back-and-forth conversations with coworkers that would have clogged your email otherwise. It leaves room for both work and play related conversations, and the instant messaging feature is extremely helpful.
I can send links or attachments in the chat without trying to text from my phone or send an awkward,informal email. I can instantly communicate to my coworkers! And in a day and age of emoji's, I don't feel guilty about adding "haha" or "smiley emoji" in my Slack message. It all feels informal and quick, so why bother with the prestigious voice of an email?
Slack is fun for me, which is why I favor it over other communication styles. It also allows you to download an app where you can send messages via. your phone. It helps you ask questions on the go without needing to give your personal cell number to a coworker you might not want to have it... Very helpful.
I would recommend this product.

Pluspunten

Have you ever been annoyed by your email inbox filling up with a conversation between coworkers? You get all the notifications piling up in your inbox, and you're wondering if you will have time to filter through the parts of the conversation that matter. Well! Look no further, because IF you can convince all your staff to use slack, it significantly decreases email chatter (which I found to be a huge relief)!
At my work, I can have instant messaging with any staff. I use the desktop version, so the notifications pop up at the bottom of my screen- allowing me to preview the message.
We even have a section called "just for fun" where we can add any tidbits we find interesting to a separate channel. It keeps up workforce morale without distracting from any tasks.
Also, it allows me to filter important questions from unimportant questions. If my coworkers have an urgent matter, they will come to my door. If it isn't urgent, they will slack me.
On a side note, I love that you can add gifs to your conversation. It keeps things lighthearted and entertaining.

Minpunten

Our team uses Asana, which doesn't have a chat feature, and I was hoping to make Slack that chat feature . You can add the app of Asana to Slack, but it isn't as intuitive to use. Sometimes the commands get confusing. There is a lot of " / asana " and you have to send the message before you can see the options of a result. It makes me paranoid that every time I send a message, they are getting backslashes everywhere! But those complications only come when you install apps to Slack. Everything else is intuitive and easy to use.

Heather
Heather
  • Sector: Muziek
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Best Communication Software for Internal Communications

Beoordeeld op 23-4-2020

I think it's genuinely improved communication and increased connectivity especially during the COVID pandemic and the new working from home life. I greatly appreciate the video integration feature as well as it makes it super easy to do one-on-one or small group check-in's without tying up video conferencing software. I've actually changed most of the executive's check-in's with others to Slack calls right now! While there's definitely some business-level restrictions that can help things flow more smoothly, such as having a limit to how many channels people create, etc., Slack has almost everything I could ask for and I'm slightly sad none of my other organizations I've worked for have utilized this service! It would have saved us a lot of time and trying to contact others.

Pluspunten

I'll rant slight because I love Slack so much. 1) Reminiscent of AOL Instant Messenger, Slack makes communicating internally fun, easy, and instant (depending on the response time). 2) It's encrypted! Not only can I send and receive confidential information from someone, I don't have to worry about it getting into the wrong hands. Since I often book travel on a number of different executive's credit cards, I can get all of their personal information via this chat and it's made it extremely easy to not have to concern myself with the security. 3) You can create channels for your team or organization that are fun as well as for informational and business purposes. 4) You can invite others from outside of the organization to join your Slack and can join other's as well. We have many brands each with their own Slack and can invite each other to those. 5) We love Slack so much, that at the corporate level, we're getting the Slack Enterprise Grid so that all brands and employees can communicate with each other no matter where we are in the world. 6) Super easy to drag and drop files for upload to a person or channel. 7) Tagging abilities makes sure the person you're tagging sees the post. 8) You can link to channels with pertinent information to outside sources. For example, if I want to say, "Check the #announcements channel for more info!" I can right click on the #announcements channel and copy the URL to create a link to that channel on SharePoint. 9) I love the Slack bot!

Minpunten

A few things I would like them to change: 1) Font formatting in a post can be difficult. 2) When using bullet points, I haven't found a good way to format sub-bullet points. 3) Copying and pasting can be difficult due to formatting. These are all things easily worked around, however.

Jamie
  • Sector: Lucht- en ruimtevaart

Great for DevOps Teams, Project Teams, and School Users

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2020

I have used Slack as both a student and worker.

As a student, Slack was incredibly important for...

I have used Slack as both a student and worker.

As a student, Slack was incredibly important for our classes to stay on top of assignments, changes, team work, and basic communication. The university's email server constantly had issues. Slacks mobile app, local device app, and availability via web made schoolwork and school projects so easy to stay on top of.

As a systems administrator, Slack's ease of use and functionality have proven invaluable. We utilize Slack for project management, systems reporting via API calls, scheduled messages, communication with our consultants on client sites that are within a secure VPN, as well as employee engagement.

While we used Slack as an employee engagement tool prior to the 2020 plague, it has become even more valuable with it's trivia, polls, and the number of channels we have created to help with the strain of not seeing another human being for months at a time in some cases. For instance, we use channels for word games, posting pics of pets, posting pics of office setups, etc. It has proven a life saver.

The only gripe I have about slack is the Security offerings being tide to pay structures. We used Google Suite and chose Slack based on their ability to use GoogleSSO. However, we were recently acquired and had to discontinue our use of Slack, which meant no more Google SSO. Our bill would have doubled in order to configure SSO or SAML Authentication. Unfortunately, due to this, we will be losing Slack next year.

Pluspunten

-Ability to integrate chatbots with API calls for reporting
-Ability to collaborate with team members
-Ability to use from beginner level and on
-Ability to review old messages from departed users
-Great for students to collaborate and learn with
-Customer Service

Minpunten

-SSO is only offered at lower paying tiers and it has to be with Google
-SAML Auth/SSO using other vendors is only available with higher paying tiers

Darien
Darien
  • Sector: Religieuze instellingen
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A great free product with a high cost of entry

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2021

Slack is a great free platform for team collaboration and communication, that really helps simplify our communication process. While it has some issues, overall the free tier offers a great option for any team looking to improve their communications.

Pluspunten

Slack creates a simple & powerful interface for inter-team communication, allowing for simplified communications that move beyond emails & facebook messages by creating a secure platform for teams.

Slacks best features are perhaps the ability to setup channels (which allows for very focussed spaces dealing with a particular topic), and the ability to reply to individual messages in a thread. Channels help keep my teams focussed and on topic, while also providing a space for random chatter (in our "Random" channel), while threads help keep channels from turning into a brutally long, confusing message thread. That paired with the ability to "react" to messages with emoji's, share individual messages with a specific individual, create private or public channels, and send group messages to team members, this platform helps create a simple space for teams to collaborate and communicate in a way that feels more natural than text threads, facebook messages, or emails.

Minpunten

Slack is a great platform, but can be a bit confusing to administrate on the back-end, or confusing to new users. Setting people up for success on Slack can take a bit of time; as there is a learning curve for tech illiterate people.

Perhaps the most difficult issue with Slack however is in managing team members who do not check Slack frequently. Simple notifications (via email, text etc) for @channel, @everyone or @specific_user would be beneficial, as it would help eliminate some of these issues. Supposedly, Slack offers email notifications, however in all my testing I've never been able to get it to work properly, and it is something that team members need to setup on their own - it is not something that can be set across the workspace & then opted out of by team members.

Piotr

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Slack - business communicator for everyone

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2022

I was using Slack in various companies throughout my career and I have to admit it is the best business communicator I was using. Its design is intuitive and incredibly easy to use. During Video Conferencing the video is usually clear, the same as the voice. Messages and updates are delivered immediately. Some useful features like reacting to messages, a three-dot icon indicating that someone is writing, screen drawing during screen-sharing, or custom emotes make communication faster and more personal. There are also, a lot of additional plugins that allow different actions inside the app. Real-time notifications from external tools (like Jenkins), the possibility to create Jira tickets directly from Slack, or reading documents from Google Drive are only some of the options. The application can be tailored to the needs of different companies, so it can handle different tasks depending on the company.
The only flaw I can think of is the fact that Slack can become pricy the more users are using it. Because of that, some firms can seek a cheaper alternative.
All in all, Slack is the best communicator I was working with. Its ease of use with a lot of functionalities made my work communication easier, enjoyable, and more personal than any other tool I was using.

Intuitive design.
Easy to use.
Great mobile version.
A number of features and plugins.
Possibilities of customization.

Minpunten

For some smaller companies, the price can be too high.

Scott
Scott

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

It would be near impossible to unseat Slack as the king of communication software

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018

It helps me communicate with colleagues across the world and lets me be more flexible geographically...

Pluspunten

Slack simply has everything I've ever wanted it to have. Everyone knows about it, everyone knows how to use it, and nobody ever has an issue. I am part of a handful of communities there where I enjoy collaborating with people across the world, but I also use it internally for work. I have used it at my past 3 companies, and I just honestly don't know how a company would operate without it these days.

There are so many integrations, so many ways to share and collaborate, and it's accessible everywhere making it very reliable.

We just starting testing out Hangouts Chat, which has the only advantage of being more integrated into Google, but I don't know how it could possibly unseat Slack. There just isn't a real problem with Slack in anything that you do, so while Google may make a comparable piece of software, I doubt they can battle the network effect that Slack already has.

Minpunten

The thing I like least about this software is probably the culture it creates in that every is available everywhere all the time. While Slack addresses this with the ability to Snooze notifications, chat communications just makes you feel like you can have access to anyone and their work/information whenever you need it (and let's be honest, you always need it now).

It's better for communications, but as always with something like this it's a double edged sword. The more connected you are, the more you are chained to work at all times. Of course it's the choice of the user to avoid that, but if it evolves culturally within a business because it's just so easy, then it's hard to avoid.

• Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

It's just the best out there

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2017

Pluspunten

I've been using Slack for quite a while now. Using it with a team of 15 people. I also have used facebook workplace and Chatwork, just to see what else there is but always came back here.

It's easy to use:
I use Slack in Japan with Japanese coworkers, some of them don't speak English. Now Slack is available in Japanese, but for the last 3 years when it wasn't, UI was still simple enough and never a problem even though Slack was only in English. isn't this a compliment? haha

With 3 years I did experience some bugs (partly my fault cause my Phone was a bit outdated), but customer service was always there to help and they were super fast & updated the app to fix it.

Free plan available.

Everyone on our team is always online so it's very easy to chat:
you could argue that this is the company culture or team's responsibility but if the UI is difficult noone goes online and everyone starts useing other ways to communicate (experienced this with Chatwork)

Minpunten

Sometimes app updating on Windows 10 was funny: inconsistent icon designs on the Tab Bar. But maybe that is Windows 10s fault but never had this happen with any other app

If you are on the free plan, you need to store important conversations somewhere else because old messages disappear, but we just use Slack for communication + sharing, and Google Drive for storing important data. Important data should be stored better than just in a feed anyway. Problem Solved.

I think people tend to think less what they write on Slack compared to email. So you sometimes end up spending more time talking about something on chat and wasting 2 people's time, whereas on email one person thinks until it's worth sharing, then sends the email, so less time consuming in total. but in the end, it's good to keep conversation running so maybe not too big of a contra.