Looker

4,6 (244)
Schrijf een review!
De volgende stap in analyses

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Anoop
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Excellent tool Data visualization and analytics

Beoordeeld op 23-2-2023

Looker has been my go to tool for analytics, reporting and dashboarding. It is very easy to learn for an individual. It is user friendly as well. Overall good experience from the tool. It is way better than Tableau and Qlik.

Pluspunten

First and foremost, the most important feature of Looker is, it is cloud based BI tool which can be accessed remotely and easy to work unless like other tools where it requires to be installed in the PC.It has clean and simple UI which is very to build dashboards and reports.Lookml option provides benefit of flexibility in code which in turn help to create own metrics and create calculations. This helps for the marketer or developer to have the control of the metrics Data modelling is very easy to create and Looker has the capacity to sync with various connectors to access the data from other sources, which solves the use case of having 3rd party connectors.

Minpunten

The new interface of swapping between read-only and developer is not that great. The older version was better as compared to the new one. Customer support is gone from good to bad. When I had queries , customer support team could not help as they themselves were not aware of the tool and also they share articles which are available with google search to diagnose.The codes should have an option to export to PDF.

Tara
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2019

Pluspunten

Easy to create dashboards without engineers needing to write code.

Minpunten

Still not very good yet for a multi-tenant embedded environment. Needs a lot of work to set up and the API is slow.

Jo
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2022

Displeased and frustrated.

Displeased and frustrated.

Pluspunten

The option to pull a lot of data in an organized fashion.

Minpunten

This software RARELY works, it's completely glitchy. I use it, well, I attempt to use it, daily. But I continuously receive the No Date to Report message. It completely hinders my job as I need the data from the reporting. Seriously, it is glitchy every single day.

Ross
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2024

Given that any tool providing the features that Looker does, I do not think that any alternatives would eliminate the difficulties sometimes experienced with Looker. Therefore it is a strong choice, particularly for reporting automation and visualisation

Pluspunten

Looker allows for you to create automated and visual reports that you can use to refer back to for use within the team as well as wider reporting to superiors/clients. It has a wide variety of features and being able to tailor dashboards exactly how you would like them gives the freedom to make reports bespoke to your needs

Minpunten

It can be quite fiddly to get set up with multiple data sources, and once there are issues, if they are not promptly sorted, they can compromise the accuracy report/dashboard. Once there are issues, it can often be tricky to identify the root cause

Mariana
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Looker Studio is an absolute game-changer

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2023

Over the past two years, my experience with Looker Studio, coupled with Porter Metrics connectors, has been incredibly positive. The combination of Looker Studio's robust data analytics capabilities and the seamless integration provided by Porter Metrics has streamlined my data analysis processes and empowered me to derive valuable insights efficiently. The user-friendly interface of Looker Studio has made navigating complex data models a breeze, while Porter Metrics connectors have facilitated smooth data integration from various sources. This partnership has not only enhanced my data-driven decision-making but has also simplified the overall analytics experience, making it an essential part of my workflow.

Pluspunten

Looker Studio's standout features is its robust data modeling capabilities. The ability to create and customize data models is crucial in tailoring analytics to meet specific business needs. Looker Studio makes this process remarkably straightforward, empowering users to build complex models with ease. This flexibility ensures that you can derive insights that are truly relevant to your organization.

Minpunten

The flexibility and customization options in Looker Studio can be both a strength and a weakness. While it allows for tailored analytics solutions, it can also be complex to set up intricate data models and dashboards, requiring a higher level of technical expertise.

Kevin
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Powerful but complex

Beoordeeld op 13-8-2023

Pluspunten

It's quickly ingests the data we need to run reports and build visualizations for various teams.

Minpunten

It doesn't follow the same data schema and handle objects from salesforce the same way so we have had to manipulate various fields to make Looker connect properly. The data quality doesn't always match salesforce.

Yasin
  • Sector: Voedselproductie
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Looker is the only visualization tool you need for project data

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2023

I love using Looker to manage our dashboards. We usually need dashboards very quickly and don't really use them that long, so the ability Looker provides for designing charts and tables fast has been a massive relief.

Pluspunten

I love how quickly you can set up advanced charts with it without using code. Being able to create dashboards from scratch in a short amount of time is a huge plus for us as we usually deal with unique instances that require new bits of data.

Minpunten

It takes forever to load when you're running larger queries. We had to split some views two or three times to be able to have it work properly

Zyad

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Google Looker for your business intelligence

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2023

We are using Google Looker to integrate with NetSuite so that we can create some complex reports.

Pluspunten

Google Looker is the best business intelligence tool for your business it can be integrated with many software and tools to collect data and information and reshape them into table, charts, KPIs, and workbooks. I like that it can deal with many data types and can be integrated with many types of servers and systems.

Minpunten

Google Looker is one of the best tools I have ever used and there is nothing to dislike about it.

Waheed

Design your dashboards with Looker

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2023

Pluspunten

Google Looker is one of the best data-visualizing tools, it is easy to use, cheap, and flexible. I like the ready-to-use templates that Looker provides. Also, Looker can deal with complex reports and can show KPIs on multiple dimensions.

Minpunten

Google Looker is a great tool and beneficial for any business type, it is all about its advantages, and in my opinion it does not have any single problem or a disadvantage.

• Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An outstanding web-based application for creating dashboards

Beoordeeld op 18-10-2023

The way to show insights based on data, and processing tons of data and cross them with other data sets so you can have as an outcome easy to digest information for high level reports or detailed reports.

Pluspunten

What truly stands out for me with Looker Studio is its user-friendly interface and the seamless integration with Google connectors. This pre-built connection to link your data from Google Sheets to the platform simplifies the process significantly. Once the data is linked, creating customized dashboards featuring a variety of graphs is a breeze, allowing you to tailor them to your company's color scheme and preferences

Minpunten

In the free version, I hope for future updates that Looker Studio will offer the capability to establish connections with PostgreSQL databases through SSH or VPN

• Sector: Detailhandel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Looker converts your data into concrete digital marketing actions

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2023

As a digital marketing manager at a specialty fashion retail corporation, I have had the opportunity to use Looker daily. This analytics platform has become an indispensable tool for assessing the effectiveness of our strategies and campaigns.It enables us to make better decisions based on more accurate and personalized data. Its ability to integrate with Tableau expands our analytical capabilities, while its digital marketing-specific features allow us to optimize our SEO and keyword strategies.Although it is important to consider potential delays when solving technical problems, Looker's value to our daily work is undeniable. This platform is highly recommended for all digital marketers looking to maximize their performance and gain actionable insights to improve their strategies.

Pluspunten

Looker allows marketers to create and track custom metrics and specific KPIs, which is extremely useful for evaluating and measuring the success of our initiatives. I can get a detailed view of the performance of our strategies in real-time thanks to its advanced analytical capabilities.Looker's capabilities extend beyond general analysis to include specific functionality for digital marketing. I can analyze SEO and keyword data, identify relevant trends, and evaluate the performance of specific keywords. This data enables me to fine-tune our optimization strategies and increase our visibility in search engines.

Minpunten

When technical issues, such as reporting issues or data visualization issues, arise, our ability to make informed decisions and respond quickly is jeopardized. Instead of addressing problems and finding solutions directly, we must pause our activities and wait for IT or technical support to intervene and resolve the issues.These delays can have a significant impact on our daily operations' agility. Decisions based on quick, up-to-date analysis are critical in digital marketing, where trends change quickly, and adaptability is critical to success. Delays in resolving technical issues may impair our ability to capitalize on opportunities, adjust strategies, or fix bugs in real-time.

Justin

Powerful for the Data Scientist, Friendly for the Business User

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2015

Pluspunten

When I first saw Looker (during a long BI evaluation process where we demo'd perhaps 5-10 tools) I knew it was what I had been hoping for in a BI vendor. The ease of dragging dimensions and metrics onto a canvas, the fluid way that you could generate reports, and the simplicity of drilling down into the source data all suggested this was a tool that had been built well from the ground up.

Other vendors seemed to trap you into a narrow view of your metrics, but with Looker the only restrictions were the ones built into your data model. It could easily flex to accommodate whatever data you wanted to look at.

The LookML language and the way Looker is designed to interact with your data is pretty brilliant. Even a non-data scientist and non-SQL user like me could get the hang of the basics ;)

The range of options, the configurability, the flexibility...all aces. Really you only get stuck by your imagination, the tool is powerful enough that you can solve most problems if you have the know-how.

The team is also great. Awesome culture, friendly support.

They have a continual flow of new features and improvements.

Minpunten

You do need a good BI person or ETL developer to really get the most out of this tool.

Setting up your data model really well and going to the outer limits to solve some particularly difficult queries are all things I would have had a hard time doing without technical resources on the team.

Of course it's possible Looker helps with a lot of this during implementation; we pretty much controlled our own because we had the folks in house to do it.

John
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An excellent tool for us to do analyzes and find appropriate solutions.

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2023

Looker helps automate most periodic reports, reduce the report compilation time, and increase team effectiveness. Since it works on all phones and tablets, we can always use it for various analysis methods and functions, as it helps us continually find the best solutions.

Pluspunten

Looker allows companies to create all business intelligence initiatives using comprehensive data sorting and analysis features, from ideation to visualization. The platform is professional, easy to use, and integrates with many other programs, making data entry and export a breeze. Looker enables non-technical managers to use reports and dashboards to explore, discover, and view data dynamically. It also stores all data in the cloud, allowing the members to work together at any time and get the best results.

Minpunten

Looker is a great program that efficiently produces the best analytics, and with proper training, all members will complete tasks as required.

• Sector: Internet
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Provides valuable insights for all users (Technical and End Users)

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019

This software has truly put our leadership team above the benchmark with data efficiencies and making informed data driven decisions.

Pluspunten

Looker is incredibly easy to use, and it easily scales with your technical abilities. As an Analyst, I can create very easy to use self serve reports for stakeholders. This saves time and effort for both parties. Looker also has a very intuitive way of organizing data and letting you quickly visualize data in your warehouse. It is reliable and the data visualization options are abundant. Our leadership team is miles ahead of others I've seen because of how quickly they were able to learn how to use Looker.

Minpunten

I don't necessarily see this as a con, however I think there is a big opportunity to help guide some new users through some of the more technical setup of Looker. I relied on a mentor to help take me through LookML and Models/Explores, but I would have loved to have some in product help with this.

• Sector: Consumentendiensten

Flexible and detailed

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2022

Overall pretty satisfied with looker, I use it everyday to find some patterns, problems and solutions to the problems as well, it has been a huge part of my work for a while and it does what I need pretty well!

Pluspunten

Customization is one of the best parts of looker. Having the ability to fit the data to the required details through filters is handy. You can add/remove or filter data as you wish. The platform also has multiple types of visualizing and also the option to downloading the data in various forms.

Minpunten

The platform is great, but in sometimes, during high traffic, the process is prolonged. It takes forever to load a look or dashboard. Also, the learning curve is a bit tough at the start but gets better once you get the grip.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Looker works great for monitoring campaign performance

Beoordeeld op 3-6-2023

Looker has helped us a lot with monitoring our ads' performance with data points that aren't available on the ad platforms already. Thanks to it, we can calculate our ROI better and make decisions accordingly.

Pluspunten

Reports and dashboards are extremely simple to set up with Looker. It removed our need to ask for data all the time because it doesn't require much technical knowledge to be able to learn how to use it and we can all quickly fetch and chart most data with it on our own.

Minpunten

The support team is close to nonexistent and there aren't many support resources that explain how to do complex tasks with it.

Ben
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

All your data, visualized

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019

Great data visualization platform that opens up so many options and possibilities.

Pluspunten

Looker's customizable dashboards are the heart and soul of the platform, and the most valuable part in my opinion. I can (and do) create dashboards for almost everything, from customer engagement, to content performance, and even technical metrics of a web application. This freedom to track and visualize almost any data source within a business is just incredible, and well worth the steep learning curve.

Looker can aid in team productivity as well. We use quarterly dashboards to track key metrics, so that everyone can see (in real-time!) how our organization is doing. It's very encouraging for the team to actually see progress over time in a chart, rather than just hearing/reading numbers.

Minpunten

Looker can feel clunky. This is not just because you need to know SQL to really use it well, but because the UI is slow, on occasion. Granted, if your data warehouse is slow/enormous, Looker can only do so much. But even for regular data analytics tasks, it can be sluggish.

Also, I do not like some of the predefined formatting for graphs/charts/visuals. The size-to-information ratio seems way off at times, but perhaps this is customizable and I have not discovered the settings yet.

Terence
Terence
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I work as the lead BI developer and Administrator of Looker at my company.

Beoordeeld op 5-10-2017

Pluspunten

For your developers, the customer service is superior. They also do a great job reaching out to your primary users. With respect to frontend users, those using it for simpler data retrieval/review, their interface is rather easy to use and logical to work through. They do a lot to make the system as simple as possible. Only your BI developers and/or data engineering team can clutter the space.

Minpunten

If you decide to purchase the non-customized version, the color palette Looker uses is rather bland (More noticeable to executives and heavy users-most users will be fine with it though). The company's integrations are rather limited, but supposed to improve with Looker 5 (via the Action Hub). However, it seems that most integrations will require purchasing from third parties, instead of being a Looker hosted and "controlled" solution you purchase through them. That complicates the process.

Anuja
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great self-service reporting tool

Beoordeeld op 11-6-2019

I started using Looker in Feb 2018 and have found it to be a very useful tool. We use this as our main analytical reporting tool at the moment and I only expect things to improve with the upcoming acquisition by Google.

YAML like LookML
Ability to have comprehensive data models
Ease of training users to self-serve user defined Dashboards and Looks
Great usage statistics via the System and User Activity explores

Minpunten

The visualizations need to catch up quite a bit so they look more professional grade a-la nytimes style story telling viz. Can accomplish more sophisticated things using API for sankey or other visualizations but these need additional work. Ability to run cross DB queries in case of multiple warehouses / data marts.

Mukeshkumar
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Looker helped us create dashboards & reports with good visualizations and charts for our client

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2023

Pluspunten

Looker's user-friendly interface made it easy for us explore and use. It has good drag-and-drop features , which made it easy for us to create dashboards and reports. Looker's data modeling capabilities enabled us to create and manage data models that can be used across multiple data sources. This provided us a unified view of data and made it easy for us to analyze and explore. It has the ability to add custom visualizations and integrations. we also were able to share reports and dashboards with business users , making it easy to collaborate on data analysis and insights.

Minpunten

Looker's data source support is limited. We require significant training to fully utilize its features and functionalities. Its customization capabilities are limited compared to other BI platforms.

• Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Easy, Flexible, Effective Data Analysis

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2019

Looker is an excellent tool. I highly recommend it! While it requires some setup at the start, it ultimately saves time by empowering non-technically skilled coworkers to analyze data on their own!

Pluspunten

Looker allows data to be accessible by team members who do not have technical skills like SQL or Python. It's user interface is easy to use; quickly and easily one can have impressive visualizations encompassing complex data sets. Looker is a powerful tool, useful for adding data visualizations to reports, making data-driven business decisions, and any other task requiring you to analyze data. Looker has also put out a great series of instructional videos which are helpful in learning how to use the program optimally.

Minpunten

The initial setup and development of Looker requires time, attention, and work. The software is a great user interface to access data, but configuring the program to access your data requires a lot of programming, troubleshooting, and general work from the data science team. The utility of the program is definitely worth the work, but you should not expect to begin using the program as soon as you get it--it requires some setup.

James

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Looker can handle it all

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2022

Overall Looker has been a powerful tool for our company to draw data insights from.

Pluspunten

Looker is a great tool for KPIs and data visualization. It's powerful enough to handle many large queries and return simplified dashboards for end users.

Minpunten

There is certainly a learning curve to using Looker and some of the shortcoming in "and/or" filtering make the need to leverage custom filters even higher.

Daniel
Daniel

Great Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2018

Pluspunten

The looker team has great customer service. They are flexible and easy to reach. The chat feature in the product is awesome, as it quickly connects you to a Customer Success rep who can help you with pretty much anything!

Minpunten

The cost for this product is quite high compared to other BI tools. Also, this product requires a full time data engineer to keep the backend of the product to build new data models.

• Sector: Online media

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Flexible and simple visualization tool

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019

Completely solved our visualization needs throughout the Company, in a wide variety of formats. Boosted many non-tech employees by allowing to create dashboards in a quick and easy manner.

Pluspunten

Flexibility to transform data before visualization and the variety of visualization formats.

Minpunten

not that flexible to share data with 3rd party users.

Alan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Finally a flexible reporting tool that is not a nightmare to maintain

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2015

Pluspunten

So many things are done right:
- The simplicity of creating a meta schema using lookml, the learning curve is lightning fast
- The flexibility of the system, making data available to intern customer has never been so easy
- The support team is really knowledgeable and fast to answer
- The roadmap is clear and moving forward as a great speed. Most missing features that we have in mind are usually in development when we ask
- A really fun team, every meeting with looker is always a pleasure

Minpunten

Even if the team is moving fast and offering more and more features, they still lack on some of them. Mainly on dashboards.
It went a long way since the early days and now I'd say that 95% of our needs are covered.

On the other hand, their releases are so fast it's hard to keep track with all that was already implemented, the documentation is always a bit behind and searching for something precise on the discourse page can be a nightmare.