Looker

De volgende stap in analyses

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
Functies
Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Teena

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Looker allows everyone in your company, even the less tech-savvy, to make data-driven...

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2017

We get to force-multiply our impact by making it easy for users in all departments to make data-driven decisions and help allow that to drive their day-to-day.

Pluspunten

I love the customization of Looker, and that you can put large amounts of data into the hands of anyone -- in a way that makes sense [to them]!
While their product is great, it speaks volumes to the team. It's an amazing group of people that continue to receive feedback from their customers and iterate time and time again on their product. They truly care about data and their customers, and they want to empower them the best they can.

Minpunten

When modeling views, I wish you could define better filters for measures but it's limited. There are workarounds, meaning modeling out several additional dimensions to arrive at the measure you need to pull regularly, but it'd be much more efficient to allow for measures to be more nuanced.

Large dashboards (with 25+ tiles) can take awhile to load, which is understandable. Once their "merge results" feature is fully rolled out and we're able to save them as new tiles or looks, it should help resolve the need for so many tiles.

Neither of these two things are a big deal, and I wouldn't let this deter you from considering this software.

Catherine
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Data Models, Security, and Amazing Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019

Looker is quickly becoming our go-to for reporting and dashboarding for anything requiring more than one data source (and some that are based on just one). Paired with a kick-ass centralized data warehouse (we use Snowflake), Looker lets us roll things out very quickly (provided our data infrastructure is in good shape). It did take a while to get going with Looker because it lays on top of the existing data infrastructure. Now that we have quite a bit of strong infrastructure in place in our centralized data warehouse, we are able to produce data products in Looker quite quickly.

Pluspunten

Provisioning security allows us to control the user experience (and only show users things they would actually care about). This makes a dashboard or data product rollout far smoother. Additionally, the customer support (especially through the chat interface) is absolutely fantastic. Because Looker creates a custom URL for each explore you're working on, you can share with Customer Support your exact problem and work together to find a solution.

Minpunten

Looker Sales told us beforehand that it "writes the most performant SQL possible." I have not found this to be the case, as it often casts and does a few other things (I suspect to make it runnable no matter how you've set up your data). There are some limitations on the visualizations, etc., but Looker Customer Service has been super responsive when those come up.

Eric
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Looker is a decent data visualization tool

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2022

Looker was an attempt to deliver a single source of truth dashboard to senior leaders. Because much of our data lives in different warehouses, there wasn't one link to click for these people to find this information. Because of the rapidly changing business we were engaged in, Looker became stale quite quickly and we failed to resource it's in-house support, so it didn't end up being very useful.

Pluspunten

Logging in the first time is simple and straightforward. I also had good experiences with chat support to solve small access and navigation issues.

Minpunten

Looker tables are not easy to dive into. I found them more helpful for high level information and trend identification. Without a team of Data Engineers or Analysts, Looker is a fairly static tool with some canned reports.

Terence

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I work as the lead BI developer and Administrator of Looker at my company.

Pluspunten

For your developers, the customer service is superior. They also do a great job reaching out to your primary users. With respect to frontend users, those using it for simpler data retrieval/review, their interface is rather easy to use and logical to work through. They do a lot to make the system as simple as possible. Only your BI developers and/or data engineering team can clutter the space.

Minpunten

If you decide to purchase the non-customized version, the color palette Looker uses is rather bland (More noticeable to executives and heavy users-most users will be fine with it though). The company's integrations are rather limited, but supposed to improve with Looker 5 (via the Action Hub). However, it seems that most integrations will require purchasing from third parties, instead of being a Looker hosted and "controlled" solution you purchase through them. That complicates the process.

Catherine

Detailed Data

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2018

Pluspunten

Looker has allowed my company to organized and dig deeper into data that we collect in our CRM. You can really get down to the specific details of things. I like that you can easily create a look whenever needed and have the option to not save it if it's not needed again. I also like LookerBot for Slack.

Minpunten

It definitely has a bit of a learning curve. I still struggle with creating some reports but as someone who is not data-centric I've learned how to use it pretty well

Chetan
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

It's the best business intelligence software we been using for our analytics and tracking

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2021

It was nice enough to use the Looker at first time. My team has now the extra analysis to look and and make decisions.

Pluspunten

I liked this software a lot, it has the nice analytics and stats for our ecommerce business and it's the one we used a lot. It's also for our affiliate tracking we used to measure the performance at all.

Minpunten

It's the complete tool to start with, we been using this for last 2 years now and our team and I liked it.

Greg
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Looker gives me on-demand access to data the way I want it, with great visuals and sharing...

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2017

Easily accessible data, ability to share in various formats and upon demand. It's easy to create custom queries on the fly.

Pluspunten

Looker helps me put actionable data in front of various teams within my company, regardless of how tech savvy they are. I love being able to schedule reports and alerts so I can spend more time working on higher value items. Looker's support is exceptional, from the top down to the chat team, they are responsive and helpful, and just nice people to boot.

Caleb

Looker - Insights & Data Collection

Beoordeeld op 8-9-2022

Pluspunten

I love the fact that if your data team has the correct reports I can see valuable insights on my prospects and customers to sell in a more personalized way.

Minpunten

Sometimes there is some downtime with Looker, but it is quite rare.

Ankur
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Performance Improvement

Beoordeeld op 8-6-2022

Pluspunten

Could base app no inbuilt app/software required & ease of use From verious devices

Minpunten

Sometimes It lags a lot and doesn't respond in the urgent need.
If I look at Google analytics it gives too fluence experience

Anuja
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Looker software review and ease of use

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2022

Pluspunten

The dashboards, accessibility and data compilation.

Minpunten

There is room for improvement wrt the interface. The software often lags too.

Ngaafare
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Data mining with a professional touch

Beoordeeld op 10-6-2021

Great tool it gives the organisation a touch of professionalism in data analysis processes.

Pluspunten

Modeling platform which allows the me to codify data visualization using a proprietary modeling language.
The self-service visualization tools that allows end users to access the benefits of data analysis.
Looker has one of the best user interface on market very easy to use and in my organisation it very useful because it saves time and costs of training.

Minpunten

Integration with my business has not been difficult at all but the difficulty came from the product's need for a lot of processing power and its use of a lot of RAM.

Overwogen alternatieven

Tableau

Redenen om voor Looker te kiezen

functionality and user interface.

Overgestapt van

Tableau

Redenen om over te stappen op Looker

Looker is very easy to use.
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Provides valuable insights for all users (Technical and End Users)

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019

This software has truly put our leadership team above the benchmark with data efficiencies and making informed data driven decisions.

Pluspunten

Looker is incredibly easy to use, and it easily scales with your technical abilities. As an Analyst, I can create very easy to use self serve reports for stakeholders. This saves time and effort for both parties. Looker also has a very intuitive way of organizing data and letting you quickly visualize data in your warehouse. It is reliable and the data visualization options are abundant. Our leadership team is miles ahead of others I've seen because of how quickly they were able to learn how to use Looker.

Minpunten

I don't necessarily see this as a con, however I think there is a big opportunity to help guide some new users through some of the more technical setup of Looker. I relied on a mentor to help take me through LookML and Models/Explores, but I would have loved to have some in product help with this.

Fabien

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

When analytics becomes part of your operations -

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2015

Everything.
Looker made it sexy for BI developers, and intuitive easy to use for business user.

Their support is extremely knowledgeable and always available if you need any help.
Their engineers are brilliant and their hard work is allowing frequent releases that are going in the right directions.
Looker is customer driven and will deliver what makes sense for every user.

We love the creativity and flexibility this tool is offering us, as we are able to manipulate LookML to create anything, from data extract to Process automation.

Their growth is EXPONENTIAL.
Their Doc is well maintained so you are never lost.
Their community became part of their offering, you cannot find this elsewhere.

Minpunten

We have been satisfied since day 1!

I dislike the fact that our internal users are not curious enough (or don't get it) to explore data on their own. Maybe a different UI would help people discover on their own.

Ben
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

All your data, visualized

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019

Great data visualization platform that opens up so many options and possibilities.

Pluspunten

Looker's customizable dashboards are the heart and soul of the platform, and the most valuable part in my opinion. I can (and do) create dashboards for almost everything, from customer engagement, to content performance, and even technical metrics of a web application. This freedom to track and visualize almost any data source within a business is just incredible, and well worth the steep learning curve.

Looker can aid in team productivity as well. We use quarterly dashboards to track key metrics, so that everyone can see (in real-time!) how our organization is doing. It's very encouraging for the team to actually see progress over time in a chart, rather than just hearing/reading numbers.

Minpunten

Looker can feel clunky. This is not just because you need to know SQL to really use it well, but because the UI is slow, on occasion. Granted, if your data warehouse is slow/enormous, Looker can only do so much. But even for regular data analytics tasks, it can be sluggish.

Also, I do not like some of the predefined formatting for graphs/charts/visuals. The size-to-information ratio seems way off at times, but perhaps this is customizable and I have not discovered the settings yet.

• Sector: Vastgoed

Looker provides great insight

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2020

Looker has been a great and useful tool for out business. Where we've found challenges is in the specific data dictionary and set-up, which internally was not well prepared prior to implementation.

Pluspunten

The ability to compare data from different sources in one place is great - this allows us to better understand our user base, their performance on our platform - everything from health to revenues and the nuances we use to grade and measure our users.

Minpunten

Looker provides lots of flexibility in its set-up, but that could create confusion in the user experience. You need to really know what you're doing, understand data and its presentation to set Looker up to be most optimal. If would be great if Looker could visualize better, and also allow for over time analysis.

Lewis
  • Sector: Detailhandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Using Looker at a growing running shoe company

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2019

We are solving the problem of inadequate information around all sales-related procedures and processes - from selling at market doors, supply chain and inventory, to online digital acquisition and sales, to internal finance and accounting of corporate business.

We have benefitted greatly from Looker by making information quickly accessible to people making decisions and allowing the possibility for them to explore information.

Pluspunten

- Flexibility - With effective use of Looker's Permission and User Attribute features I can be sure that when a certain user (lets say, a sales agent) logs in and views a dashboard they will automatically see information relating to sales accounts that they directly manage or not any irrelevant information.

Minpunten

- Getting users to go beyond simply making tables with many observations and instead visualising summary information creatively with charts and graphs.

Balbina
  • Sector: Sport

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Looker is a very powerful and userfriendly tool

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2017

Pluspunten

The models, explores and looks are very easy to navigate once all set up. The SQL runner is a great feature that helps with querying the datasets that are available before diving in and creating explores. Dashboarding and sharing reports are also very easy with Looker. It makes increasing data visibility in the organisation very easy.

Minpunten

The visualisation features have come a long way over the years but sometimes it is still hard to customise visualisations.

• Sector: Online media

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Flexible and simple visualization tool

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019

Completely solved our visualization needs throughout the Company, in a wide variety of formats. Boosted many non-tech employees by allowing to create dashboards in a quick and easy manner.

Pluspunten

Flexibility to transform data before visualization and the variety of visualization formats.

Minpunten

not that flexible to share data with 3rd party users.

Lucas

Versatility
Programming on LookML
Adjustable settings
Different type of viz
Features, like trigger scheduling, etc

Time to render
Time to run queries
Most of our users complain that Looker is slow, and that's super important. Maybe the main problem is our Redshift DW and we have to tune. We're changing to snowflake and I hope the query time changes.

• Sector: Juridische dienstverlening
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

Best Software Available for Centralized Analytics

Pluspunten

I like that the software is web based so it can be accessed everywhere. I am also really happy that analytics is now completely centralized in my company. This makes helping people get the data that they need so much easier, and I do not have to spend much time on ad hoc queries anymore.

Minpunten

I do run into query performance issues when there are multiple users querying at once. There is also a pretty large initial investment when setting up the implementation.

Susan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Looker is very easy for business users but could use some improvements in visualizations

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2017

Looker is great but you need to have power users who are able to set everything up in the background.

Pluspunten

Once set up, Looker makes it super simple for business users to manipulate and analyze data. It creates all the joins int he background and allows a drag and drop interface.

Minpunten

Visualizations are not very dynamic. It is difficult to change the order in which chart series appear, for example. It's also difficult to always get the chart to look exactly how you want it.

• Klantenondersteuning

Great support, great people, great product!

Pluspunten

Support! Smart people that give quick and accurate answers. Ease of use and simple flow makes it easy to learn and teach

Minpunten

Visualizations seem a little immature for the product but hopefully with the newer version, we can download js visualizations on our cloud instance

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Excellent BI tool

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2021

In general it's really helpful and intuitive, after switching from other product it took very short time to get used to looker

Pluspunten

It's really user friendly and easy to present or store data from other sources.
It has a lot of chart types and ways for presenting data.

Minpunten

Sometimes it lags when using big data sets, so it takes some time to render the complete report.
When building a report dimensions search also get some lag.

• Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Looker has made my the data and reporting part of my job much easier.

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2017

Pluspunten

The ability to create easily digestible visualizations in a matter of seconds. Looker has brought together all of our different data sources in one hub to read and analyze and present data.

Minpunten

It requires an admin to make it usable for a wider audience. It is not out of the box accessible for someone who isn't familiar with the data setup

Matthew
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Data modeling facilitates low-code data management, API

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2019

Very helpful client services and technical teams. They're ready to engage with us and to help solve technical problems.

Pluspunten

Cloud native. Scalable. Data modeling capability.

Minpunten

Some capabilities are not able to be administered by users - sequential derived table creation, and some other aspects of data persistence.