Lightspeed Retail

Het verkooppunt dat je graag zult gebruiken.

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Jessica

Best POS for small businesses

Beoordeeld op 4-9-2019

One major benefit is how easy my ordering is with their PO system.

Pluspunten

I moved from Lightspeed to Clover and it's night and day. I had to piecemeal the Clover system on the back end to be useful and Lightspeed hands you so much. I've since added more and more of the Lightspeed system like loyalty because their tools are amazing. One of the best parts is their customer service. You get quick answers and they go above and beyond. Whether it's something as simple as why isn't my shipping working on ecom or how can I verify my website with the different social media platforms, their FAQs and customer service team never disappoint. If you are thinking about switching, do it. You won't regret it. It's made me more efficient all around. Thanks Lightspeed!

Minpunten

Lots of different options so it takes a bit to determine what you need to use.

Square Point of Sale, Shopify POS en Revel Systems

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen

Clover wouldn't allow me to do a website. Lightspeed integrates inventory on the brick and mortar and ecommerce sides.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

Best integration of inventory, ease of use, I liked all the different standard things the system had like inventory POs, employees, special orders, and more.
Daniel

Easy Switch to Lightspeed Retail

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2022

Overall it has been an easy switch and easy to use software.

Pluspunten

The fully integrated credit card payments has been wonderful, not having to use two separate systems to complete the sale has been great. Also the integrated inventory between retail and ecom has been great. Sell it in one place and inventory get adjusted across all platforms. Also the ability to use multiple registers at once and complete payments at the same time has been a life saver.

Minpunten

The additional cost for some of the features in the ecom, such as different layouts for the website that would incorporate things such as reviews on other websites. The limited analytical information you have at your disposal without having to pay for lightspeed analytics.

MicroBiz Cloud POS

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen

Lack of options, no website integration. Multiple registers and credit card terminals.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

Features that were part of the standard cost. No crazy one time fees to import inventory, customers, and vendors. Built in website designer and integrated inventory and payments.
Brett
  • Sector: Automotive

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Lightspeed doesn't put their customers first

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2017

Pluspunten

Nice user interface. Good features for a shop that does service work. Cloud-based software makes it easy and convenient.

Minpunten

Our bike shop has been using Lightspeed for 5 years now, first with their Mac based software, and then with their cloud based software (Lightspeed Retail). There are many great things about the software, but on the whole I would not recommend a small business owner to hitch their cart to this company. There are significant bugs, inventory control is a disaster, but worst of all, fundamentally Lightspeed does not care about their customers. What Lightspeed cares about is their roadmap which in most cases doesn't deal with fundemental issues that their customers have been bringing up for years - if you have any doubt on this, look at their "ideas" page where top voted on features and requests have sat dormant for years.

My frustration has boiled over due to an issue with the way their inventory system works, and the way their customer service team has responded to my pleading that they at least give me an ETA on a fix. Here's the backstory: Lightspeed does a very peculiar thing which is that it will auto-add inventory if a product is sold but does not exist in inventory. Not only this, but Lightspeed will auto-check-in inventory off of POs if a product is sold. Now this in and of itself is a disaster as far as accountability is concerned: how is one supposed to track POs when product mysteriously gets checked in! But the worst part is that there is a bug in their system which will auto-check-in product off of POs if product is put into a work order. Doesn't matter if said product is sold or not, it will check-in the product regardless, causing a nightmare scenario where we are trying to figure out what POs have truly been received, and which POs Lightspeed has decided to receive automatically.

I brought this issue up for the first time around 6 months ago, and never got any solid response on a fix. I contacted support in April again. After a lot of back and forth about whether this was a real problem (like I love spending time contacting support) the support tech Derrick agreed that this was an issue. I asked for an ETA. No ETA was available.

I followed up a month later in May. Still no ETA, but Derrick assured me this was a priority, but also assured my significant problem that is causing myself and my staff time and frustration and vigilance and additional systems and workflows to remedy is "an extreme edge case scenario so I'm curious about how it could be causing you significant workflow issues."

So now we are in July. This supposedly "high priority" "extreme edge case" bug is still not fixed. No ETA. No communication. Since we started experiencing this issue Lightspeed has stuck an e-commerce link in the middle of the navigation bar and continued to work on integrating their e-commerece into every other cranny of the software, even if you don't use their e-commerce. They've added a new feature called Analytics which costs additional monthly fees. Their API is still slow and unsupported. Their App marketplace is effectively a Potemkin village of fake apps with no real syncing with the silo that is Lightspeed.

The promises of a cloud based POS are so great, but Lightspeed does not deliver. If you are looking to invest time and energy in a retail POS platform, I would strongly encourage you to look elsewhere. Lightspeed looks very slick on the surface, and it is quite good in many ways, but the underlying company culture does not put their customers first.

Dustin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

lightspeed payment processing

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2022

Pluspunten

Inventory and ecommerce are great but not worth the payment processing problems

Minpunten

The payment processing has gone down for 30 minutes to two days about 7 times in a year and a half. This is not acceptable in brick and mortar. While the retail R system is good for ecommerce and inventory management, the payment processing is not even close to the square experience. I use square at a separate location and payment processing has gone down one time in the same timeframe. Also square processes payments about 3 times faster than the archaic verifone provided by lightspeed.

Square Payments

Antwoord van Lightspeed Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Dustin,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value our customers feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns.

As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us Toll-Free at: 1-844-365-2868

Lightspeed Commerce

Nathan
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Lightspeed is among the best POS platforms for growing businesses

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

Lightspeed has proven to be an extremely stable POS system for our usage. Downtime has been extremely minimal and Lightspeed support teams are always able to get us back up and running quickly--often before the operating hours of our stores. With the stability of the software and the advanced insights into sales trends, we are able to understand our merchandising and inventory needs at a much more granular level. This ensures that we aren't wasting dollars on excessive inventory that is difficult to sell. We are also able to focus on the operational aspects of the business since the software has been so stable and reliable for us.

Pluspunten

The sales tools are very easy to understand and enable us to train new employees quickly on the software. The software also makes managing multiple store locations easy and centralizes order and vendor information for our product managers to use across the company and analytics and insights that the software provides is essential to master the merchandising and inventory needs of our store.

Minpunten

While Lightspeed offers excellent analytics tools and integrations, most of them come at an additional cost which may be a deterrent for smaller businesses. If you aren't planning on investing a great deal of effort into the growth of your business (i.e. more locations or omnichannel sales) than you may be better served with another option. Also, while there are several integrations and API connections available for the system without designing custom solutions, some POS systems offer greater scalability and integrations with software like third-party e-commerce management tools. When moving away from Lightspeed's products for solutions such as this, costs can quickly add up.

Revel Systems

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

We prefer that Lightspeed POS is a cloud-based system that can run on a desktop computer as opposed to Revel's iPad operating system. Also, Lightspeed offered greater flexibility in selecting merchant solutions like payment processors and credit card transaction equipment.
Scott
  • Sector: Automotive

Great Value POS

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2022

I've had no problems using Lightspeed over the past few years, and I look forward to many more years with Lightspeed.

Pluspunten

This software was extremely easy to get the hang of. Its easy to train people on, and the options are endless with inventory control.

Minpunten

The receipts for large printer paper get cut off on large receipts, but its not a deal breaker by any means.

Square Point of Sale en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

Lightspeeds customer service sold me on their product. They were responsive, and quick to handle any questions that I had.
Chad
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Access to information at your fingertips

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2022

Helped with better tracking of margin and inventory. We have really done a better job of inventory tracking and inventory management. Allows us to look at real time margin and make adjustments as needed.

Pluspunten

Easy to access information from sales to margins to reports that really help us optimize our business

Minpunten

Some of the upload of inventory and how it is titled. Not having a trade in function.

Kyle

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Does what it says it does.

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2022

Lightspeed has been an overall great experience.

Pluspunten

We use this to manage cross channel inventory with our warehouse and ecommerce site.

Minpunten

It does not have a direct integration with WooCommerce leading to the purchase of more software for the integration and another third party system. Also you can not send direct invoices with a link for payment processing.

Brightpearl

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

Price was much cheaper and had POS and inventory features.
Ryan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

They over promise and under deliver

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2022

Couldn’t get off the ground after 1 year of getting tossed around the company to make sure we had everything set up properly. The onboarding process is painful and they take no accountability for their own issues. Spent $3k and tons of time and just cancelled it was so bad. Started billing me before we received are POS equipment. All they said is it was part of the contract. Salesman told me we could integrate old gift cards and they would help walk us through the transition. No help at all and ended up telling me they don’t do that. Tried to cancel as they didn’t hold up their end of the deal. Said we had to be through the account manager who wouldn’t get back to us. Come to find out he was let go. This is after 6 months of trying to get a hold of him as that was the only way to cancel. To find out that account manager was let go from the company and they didn’t bother to assign us a new one. The company organization is flat out horrible. Customer success is horrible and not good at communicating. I would look to somewhere else.

Pluspunten

The features is most everything you need. The support is the problem.

Minpunten

The support is horrible. They think they know and understand issues better then the customers. They don’t listen and will treat you like you don’t even matter.

Epos Now, Square Point of Sale en Shopify

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen

Wanted a coudbased option to help manage remotely.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

Looked like the total package. I was wrong. They lacked the customer support touch. I don’t know how this company will continue to grow.

Antwoord van Lightspeed Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Ryan,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value all feedback and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns.

As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us via email at [email protected]

Lightspeed Commerce

Willis
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Lightspeed will help you improve your business.

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

Their customer support is the absolute best, you can always get help when you need it. Entering inventory was very straight forward and I was able to make sales immediately.

Pluspunten

The user interface and integration with e-commerce and payments makes it a one stop shop for all your pos needs.

Minpunten

The e-commerce web design is the most challenging part, but with time it becomes easier.

Square Point of Sale, Clover, TouchBistro en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

The integration of all services and simple billing.
Todd
  • Sector: Meubels

Good Product

Beoordeeld op 19-2-2021

The overall experience has been excellent. I am most impressed with the support I have received from Lightspeed. Phone in wait times have been very reasonable at this point. When I have spoken to a tech they have been excellent in understanding my question and providing a solution.... at times working outside the box to create the best result with the conditions present.

Pluspunten

The start up process was easy to follow along. Great tutorial videos and resources to answer the basic questions. Was easy to set up the codes, pricing and inventory organization.

Minpunten

There was some frustration using matrix's and understanding assemblies. Each business is different obviously... the use of matrix was great at the start but becomes limiting later on for integration to the webstore. Assemblies are cumbersome for automatic ordering.

Square Point of Sale en Shopify POS

Square Point of Sale en Shopify POS

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

The free trial helped me make up my mind. I had two colleagues using Lightspeed and in speaking to them both are very happy with the product.
Justin

Happy Bike Shop Owner

Beoordeeld op 21-6-2019

Lightspeed has been great to work with. The training provided after purchase was great. On going customer support has been phenomenal.

Pluspunten

Really like the cloud based flexibility. Also love the syncing ability with most of my main vendors for importing purchase orders.

Minpunten

Only con is the fear of web being down or my local internet service not working and if that is the case not being able to run my store. This is has never been and actual issue though.

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen

We were growing and needed more stations in our store. The cost and clunkiness to do that with Quickbooks wasn't going to work. Lightspeed has made it really easy and seamless.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

Cost and the syncing capabilities with vendors in our industry.
Mary

Many Sales Report Options Available/Analytics
Ease of Doing Business
Customer Friendly

Pluspunten

This software is designed for RETAIL, makes doing business in our Realtor Store simple. Ringing up customer is a breeze. Easy and fast to create a purchase order and receive products to inventory. This software is intuitive and simple to learn. We keep track of our inventory and sales reports, with accuracy.
Love the scanners and printed product label option.

Minpunten

The only negative is the long wait by phone, when we need to speak to support. Definitely worth the wait! All customer service people are polite. They always help us work through our issue with professionalism and follow-up email.

Square Point of Sale en Vend

RAMCO was not designed for RETAIL or On-line Store

Ramco Logistics

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

Even thought it wasn't the least expensive, Lightspeed seemed to provide everything we needed to meet our needs. We also had a great sales person, who explained the software to us and helped us along the way. His name was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].
Jennifer
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

TRACK YOUR PROFIT MARGINS!

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019

I have a small health food store in Sullivan, MO. We have been online with Lightspeed POS for nearly a year now. The partnership with Pointy is much appreciated. Even without paying for additional online presence I believe the Pointy helps direct traffic to our business for sure! Also the Lightspeed system easily allows you to track profit margins and sales. This by far has been my favorite asset to the system. Of course it does rely on setting up your inventory accurate, which is a process but a process that is undoubtedly an INVESTMENT! I tracked sales over a couple of months and noticed a dip in profit margins and traced that back to companies raising wholesale but not increasing the MSRP. This hurts brick and mortar retailers. I was able to easily pull up these products from certain vendors in an isolated manner and go through where our retail prices were set and be sure we were setting it at a proper profit margin to keep the lights on! A month after doing this I noticed profits margins went from 35-37% to 38-40%. We offer 20% off our set prices just to keep up with online businesses, so we have to make sure the set retail will allow us a proper profit margin after the advertised discount. LOVE this feature! Customer service has been prompt to help anytime we have asked. They are adding and improving things all the time!

Pluspunten

Being able to track profit margins and sales. Knowing what products to keep around and which ones to remove from inventory.

Minpunten

There are 2 different sales screens and each has their pros and cons…. but this is probably the most confusing thing in the system.

Square Point of Sale en Clover

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

The setup and Cloudbase of inventory. I can check sells, products, etc. from anywhere.
James

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Lightspeed makes retailing easier.

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2019

Pluspunten

The user interface was my first draw to Lightspeed. Ease of use and mostly easy workflows pulled me in. We also like the numerous integratabtle add ons available. The multi-store feature works well.

Minpunten

It did not believe in negative numbers but that is changing. We do not like that custom fields don't save the same way as other standard fields.

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen

When we changed the interface of RetailPro was not very friendly.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail

We had multiple stores and we needed the transfer and multi-store management that Lightspeed offers. We were also looking for a point of sale that integrated well with ecommerce.
Rosaline
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Most complete and easy POS

Beoordeeld op 2-9-2020

Very easy to use

Pluspunten

It is easy to use as you can search for the individual items and put items in categories. It also enable us to put in modifier on each item with additional price too

Minpunten

Very expensive compared to other POS. Only if the report format can be modified to be a little bit more simpler

Brian

Great User friendly

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2022

Great easy to use manage and maintain. Works on almost any tablet phone or cpu.

Pluspunten

Love its ease of use. Cloud based makes taking it on the road to do mobile events a breeze for payment processing and inventory management.

Minpunten

Could have used a little more help importing our inventory but after I figured it out it was easy to do.

Sean

After Two Years - Lightspeed Remains The Best In All Categories

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2019

Lightspeed has literally saved us 20-30 hours per week. It connects and communicates well with all of our other systems; including accounting and loyalty platforms.
Their customer and technical support have been extraordinary and have exceeded our expectations. In fact, I think their technical support is the best not just in the point of sale industry but any industry. I find myself wishing other vendors I work with had the same level of support and professionalism.
Lightspeed also listens to their customers; this is evident by requests made in their support area. They actually respond to every request.
As a small business owner, we worry about many things. Lightspeed is not one of them!

Pluspunten

After two other point of sale systems; and after two years using Lightspeed, it is by far the best in all categories.
We had two previous POS systems that fell short in comparison to Lightspeed. Part of our success with Lightspeed is that after two previous point of sale systems; we knew what we really needed and the right questions to ask during the sales process. We submitted specific questions in writing. All of our questions we answered in detail in less than 24-Hours. The sales team knows their products and knew my industry. In fact, most of our distributors catalogs are already pre-loaded into their system.
The transition from our other popular POS was relatively easy, especially in comparison to our previous transition. The Lightspeed team was always there to help and even anticipated needs before I knew them. The inventory system and purchase order system work well.

Minpunten

The only limitation we have with Lightspeed in related to the fact that we sell a lot of items by weight. This does not create a significant problem for us; but having bulk items accounted for in inventory would be a nice to have. We would love an integrated scale capability. The Lightspeed team was more than willing to help us set up our system to sell bulk items; it works better than another other POS we looked at.

Amit

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Excellent software for growing businesses.

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2017

Overall the software is amazing and the good outweighs the bad and a tested about 10 different PoS softwares when I was shopping around and none of them encompass everything I have mentioned so i know my expectations are very high....which is why I state again...if they added in these features it would make them industry leaders and really a phenomenal PoS system. (its 90% of the way there for me...just a few more features and if would be the best)

Pluspunten

The integration with xero accounting has been a true time saver for my business. It transfers all sales data at the end of the day seamlessly so I don't have to. The ability to use the front end off site has been super helpful as well as it doesn't tie me down to the store and I can do a lot of my work on the go. Creating products, invoicing clients, setting up the main screen custom to what I want is extremely simple once you run through it once.

Minpunten

Theres a few simple features that are missing from the PoS software which I would like to see integrated and would make it hands down the best in the industry for small businesses.
1) Getting an integrated payment terminal that accepts chip, pay pass and swipe options would avoid any mistakes between manually punching in the amounts on the debit/credit machine and would avoid any back end work after the day closes to be able to balance the day
2) Allowing me to enter the details of the invoices (supplier name, invoice number, total amount being paid, gst, pst, etc.) that are being paid out on a daily basis and having that information transferred to xero would alleviate tons of paper work after the close of the day.
3) There is no way to pull out a month end statement for corporate clients that pay their account once a month. Checks have to be cross referenced manually with the bills that have been put on tab. You should be able to at the very least select which tab invoices are being paid from the list of invoices on the clients account. This would show which ones are outstanding at a glance rather than having to refer back to the paper invoices that the system creates.
4) A front facing screen to display pricing of items being charged, advertisements, and other information is something I have been asking for since day 1 (3 years now). And I would love to see this feature incorporated.
5) Having the ability to offer a discount for a bulk purchase is something that should be automatic.

Andrew

Still love it after 15 months

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2019

While there are pros and cons, the pros far outweigh the cons. It's easy to use, intuitive, and best of all, THEY LISTEN. It doesn't take 10,000 customers complaining to get Lightspeed to make a change. Their support is excellent.

Pluspunten

Onboarding and setup was a breeze - After signing on, we were tasked with a tutorial and onboarding process which, at times, was drawn out, but VERY helpful. It was a great learning tool and incredibly useful. They offered additional resources, but given my stubborn nature I set out on my own. The onboarding process was fairly easy. Painstaking, but simple. There were a few tasks that more difficult than necessary though. Like building the floor plan. I am very meticulous and there were not many options for the design, but I was able to figure it out with assistance from the help desk.

Very customizable layout and very versatile - The overall operation of the system is very easy, but not basic. Ease of use is key to me, especially when training new employees or adding/changing features. Need a new menu item on a certain screen? 30 seconds. Need to reorganize the layout? Just drag and drop. Color code menu items? Sure why not. We change our menu daily/weekly, so this was an important feature to me and my FOH manager. GThe back end and reporting is excellent as well. I was able to show the owner how to access the dashboard and view sales and sales vs goals. I can see how many of (X) item I sold when I ran it as a special, or how much of a certain item I sell week to week. We use it as our time clock, and even my BOH with ZERO knowledge of the system figured it out in seconds.

Minpunten

The only major complaint I have is that there aren't enough credit card processors integrated in to the system, which is crucial to me.

Ronald
  • Sector: Maritiem

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Have been using CDK for many years for Maintience & Repair set opp DMS system.

Beoordeeld op 8-3-2021

Over all, I have always liked to way the system has operated, The functions and the data inputting controls are easier than most other DMS systems that i have tried.

Pluspunten

I have always like the way the system is produced from the Service personnel's prospective & The way CDK tries to customize the product for each of the specific user's or Locations.

Minpunten

I think this system could be improved by having the ability to communicate with & Be programed with available patches to adapt the system to communicate and share info with all other outside vendor's and the coinciding systems that they use.
Every company will have separate systems all that are needed for what type of Service it provides. - IE.
*( Scheduling a Boat's launch for Valet Service or for Spring launch of boats for pickups ect. )
*( A customer Text communications program for Receiving, Sending or Monitoring text conversations ect.)
Each will always require some type of outside applications like those for that specific company to operate and function more efficiently over what is offered in any DMS System. I believe this to be true for all software DMS company's on the market & this is including light speed EVO.
Is it impossible to Make an Automotive or Marine type DMS system that all Info could be shared across to and back from any of The other software system types that are used externally?
I believe that would be a great benefit for any and all company's that need a DMS Fixed operations type Repair or Maintience operating systems.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

Solid eCommerce Platform

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2020

I currently use both Lightspeed eCom & Retail (Omni-channel). This helps our retail store and online store stay synced and makes life easier for employees. Now, all POS sales and eCom sales are in one platform that is easy to use for our employees. If a customer purchases an item in our retail store, ecommerce inventory stays updated.

Pluspunten

I really like that I am able to customize our website and integrate third party apps & APIs easily. And the customer service, the customer service is top notch! Through migration and implementation, the Lightspeed team was right there. At a moment's notice, I can chat with the team or give them a call. Although I may be a one-woman tech team, I have help! It's such a blessing to have a support team for our business. It has been easy to integrate all of our business critical resources and provide a more unified experience for our employees. Employees can access customer data, order data, shipping data, marketing data and product data in one platform. I've been able to customize our store template to our specific business needs and design requirements. It's been a developer's dream.

Minpunten

My main dislike is that I don't have FTP access to my files on LS servers. This would be extremely helpful to optimize our images as needed.

I also would like to upload customer data myself. At this time, to upload customer data in bulk, I have to send the data to Lightspeed for import.

More options for discounts and coupons would be helpful - BOGO, Buy 2 Get One, or FREE Shipping codes based on domestic addresses only (not international).

Ian

Lightspeed ROCKS!!!

Beoordeeld op 23-11-2020

AMAZING

Pluspunten

We operate 4 Cannonball Cafés in Jamaica. This is our second year of using Lightspeed. When we bought the business in 2016, we installed another company's system which, after a few months use, revealed it's weakness for use in a multi-unit business.

We plodded along for awhile under the "Better to stay with the Devil you know..." philosophy until a sharp eyed customer got very upset because she noticed the price of one of our specialty coffees at one location was vastly different from another location... we had made a late night keystroke mistake entering the updated prices!

What caught our eye with Lightspeed was the powerful Back-of-House infrastructure that allows us to make REMOTE CHANGES to our menus, our controls etc IN AN INSTANT on our phones, tablets or computers: last year on a trip to China, we got a text from one of our managers requesting a menu addition - somewhere over the Pacific at 40,000 feet, my wife added the item and went back to sleep!!!! The level of detail that supports our business goes far beyond what we could imagine - while a lot of detail & thought has to go into setting up Lightspeed initially, that effort pays dividends when using the system.

Finally, the support we get from the Technical Support team is amazing - the Techs are all very well trained, are extremely knowledgeable and can resolve problems that are outside their Lightspeed purview: in September, a store was having a weird connectivity problem that was traced by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Te

Minpunten

Have not found anything to dislike about it.

Barry

Exceptional - It's amazing what you can do with Lightspeed Point of Sale & eCom

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2018

Quick reliable and organized access to: sales, inventory, customer information. A software system that allows me to create POs, send them electronically to vendors, document all aspects of product ordering. A system that provides an eCommerce public facing front-end that is highly customizable.

Pluspunten

Ease of use (given how flexible and intricate the program is). Browser based for legacy PCs - with multiple browser tabs allowed to easily switch between POS modules. iPad based app for portability to remote sales locations. Even works on smartphones for quick updates and status checks. Cloud based - therefore, access your business information anywhere you are Internet connected. Great support staff - knowledgeable, friendly and insightful. eCom module (additional fee) plugs in seamlessly allows you to sync retail SKUs so that they are public facing via your Lightspeed hosted website. Item sold on-line via eCom is immediately updated to the cloud and reflected in POS (and vice versa).

Minpunten

While the POS and eCom integration is wonderful, you still must manage inventory on both platforms in order to get the desired results. For example, when new inventory arrives you receive the items through your POS based purchase order. This boosts your inventory and handles new/updated cost, retail pricing, etc., and passes all of this on to eCom. However, you then need to access eCom to update public facing product narratives, SEO related fields, related products, additional category related references, etc.. So, while both programs are great and work together - it will be even better when FULL integration of the two programs is achieved.

Barbara

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Robust Information Effectively Presented

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2018

Lightspeed's customer support is excellent overall. At least half the time when we experience a problem, it's due to our lack of understanding rather than a shortfall of the product. Their responses are usually prompt and helpful. Also, in almost three years of using the product, we have had virtually zero downtime and have seen nary a hiccup through numerous system updates and the occasional hotfix.

Pluspunten

Tons of valuable information for every product we sell. And in contrast to some other systems that try to pack everything on a single page, Lightspeed Retail allocates product information across a menu of pages so you can quickly navigate to the data you want (and ignore what you don't want). And much of the information is searchable in ways that help our business create purchase orders and determine which products to stock or discontinue.
We have been cautious in taking advantage of partnerships available through Lightspeed (i.e., their ecommerce platform and loyalty program), but our recent experience with both of those has been excellent.

Minpunten

Some aspects of ongoing database management are not transparent to the technically nonproficient user. We have 5500+ SKUs that are constantly in flux, and our list of vendors also changes regularly. Our efforts to clean up the clutter of stale information are not always successful. And some types of searches are not well supported (so far).