Squarespace

4,6 (2.718)
Een website maakt het echt.

(2.718)

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Derek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best web design platform available

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2019

I am designing 99% of my clients websites on Squarespace. It helps me get to market faster and easier, and deliver a product my clients love.

Pluspunten

I have been designing websites professionally for over 15 years and it's very rare that I don't design on Squarespace for clients. It's easy to use, the templates are beautiful, and there are so many features and endless flexibility.

Minpunten

I wish custom code injection was available on the basic/personal levels. As of right now, you need to upgrade to the business account to inject any code in the header or footer.

Cost and security.

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Squarespace is cheaper, more secure, and easier to use.
Amiofu
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good software but…

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2022

I love the minimalist looks and it’s so aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. I love the fact that there are pre done templates and I can also easily drag and drop. In all s jare space is lovely!

Pluspunten

It was extremely easy to use, although I have I used several other softwares, I found this quite easy to use both on a system and on mobile which isn’t the case for some sites.

Minpunten

Compared to others, it’s more expensive. For instance, they charge for email marketing and there are other sites that offer this for free. Apart from this, I haven’t run into any other problem with it.

Jesse
  • Sector: Denktanks
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Medicore priduct for medicocre results

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2022

Pluspunten

It is easy to get a basic, functional product up and running quickly.

Minpunten

Lacks the functionality and horsepower to standout in the marketplace.

Grey
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Excellent service provider but can be better

Beoordeeld op 20-10-2022

Overall very good. Templates help get things up fast but can be limiting at times. For example, product description can sit between product variation and the buy button which has the price value. It's painful to choose product without instant feedback on the price, scrolling back and forth.

Pluspunten

Ease of use. Templates help us get our website up and running in no time at all. There is no need to know coding to get started. Things work well on both mobile and desktop.

Minpunten

There's no way to submit request for reviews. Review requests are sent out immediately as products are sent. Customers receive their product in 2-4 weeks. When they're waiting for the product, some of them get frustrated and see the review request as the last correspondence and leave a bad review. When clients are happy with the product the review request is already stale or deleted. Without a way to resend a request, happy customers don't leave good reviews.

Wix en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Shopify is more full featured but had a ton of bugs when we tried it out. The templates were ugly. Wix was very poorly featured when we decided to go with Squarespace. Haven't revisited it since.
salah
  • Sector: Detailhandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

"Building a Website with Squarespace: My Experience and Review"

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2023

Squarespace is a well-regarded website building platform that has a lot of features and tools to help users create a professional-looking website. Many users find it to be easy to use and customize, and appreciate the platform's design templates, e-commerce capabilities, and reliable hosting. However, as i mentioned before some cons that come with it such as limited design customization, e-commerce capabilities compared to others and high cost of entry, SEO capabilities among others . It's always recommended to evaluate the suitability of the platform based on your specific needs before making a decision.

Pluspunten

Some pros of using Squarespace include:Intuitive drag-and-drop interface making it easy for users to build a website without needing technical skills.Squarespace provides a wide range of customizable templates that are designed to look professional and modern.Squarespace offers a variety of features and integrations such as social media integration, email campaigns, analytics and more.Squarespace's e-commerce platform allows users to create an online store, manage inventory, and process payments.Squarespace's hosting is reliable and provide high level of securitySquarespace's platform is mobile-responsive, so your website will look great on any device.Squarespace's customer support is known for being helpful and responsive.It's worth noting that, as with any platform, it may not be the best fit for every situation and it's always worth evaluating the suitability of the platform based on your specific needs before making a decision.

Minpunten

The cons of using Squarespace include:Limited design customization options compared to other website buildersE-commerce tools are not as advanced as other platforms such as ShopifyHigh cost of entry, with pricing starting at $12 per monthSEO capabilities may be lacking compared to other website buildersLimited customer support, only available during certain hoursSome difficulties reported by users when trying to migrate away from Squarespace.

Cindy
  • Sector: Muziek

My Squarespace Website is Fantastic

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2022

It was easy to develop my website, just took a lot of time due to the thousands of items I had to list. When I had questions in the beginning, their support area/live chat helped me every time.

Pluspunten

When I was looking around for a new website platform, this one fit the huge amount of products I sell. I'm a composer and arranger, with several thousand download items in over 50 ensemble categories. Not many platforms I researched were even in the ballpark.

Minpunten

I have used several website/shopping cart platforms. All of them (except Squarespace) had the ability to nest folders. It is the ONE thing I don't like about Squarespace...no folder nesting.

• Sector: Verpakkingen en verpakkingsmaterialen
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Inexpensive and robust

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2022

Overall, Squarespace is a great product and takes off a huge burden from new companies in setting up the website and creating a functional Shop.

Pluspunten

Squarespace can seem expensive at first glance to a new business, but compared to other products on the market, it is affordable, reliable, and very flexible, making it a very good investment for any new business. We initially started with Squarespace just to build our website and recently were able to turn on the eCommerce function and start a shop. The shop was easy to build and many third-party companies have strong integrations (Stripe, Shippo, TaxJar) that work with it.

Minpunten

The way the settings for the Shop are split between different sections of the dashboard can be confusing. We eventually figured it out but it was not without a lot of frustration. Setting up shipping options was also difficult if you have complex products.

karl vahur
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

A Comprehensive Website Building Solution with Some Drawbacks

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2022

Overall, my experience with Squarespace has been positive. As a website building platform, it offers a wide range of templates and design options that make it easy for users to create professional-looking websites without any coding knowledge.

Pluspunten

One of the major pros of Squarespace is its user-friendly interface. The drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to customize your site, and the platform provides plenty of resources and tutorials to help you get started. Additionally, Squarespace integrates seamlessly with a variety of third-party tools and services, such as Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and social media platforms, which makes it easy to grow and manage your online presence.Another pro of Squarespace is its e-commerce capabilities. The platform offers a range of options for setting up an online store, including customizable product pages, integrated payment gateways, and tools for managing orders and shipments.

Minpunten

However, there are also a few drawbacks to consider when using Squarespace. One issue is that the platform can be somewhat limited in terms of customization options. While there are a wide range of templates to choose from, they may not offer all the customization options that more advanced users may want. Additionally, Squarespace can be somewhat expensive compared to other website building platforms, especially if you need to add on additional features or upgrade to a more advanced plan.

• Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

No Coding Needed

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2023

Overall, not only Squarespace makes designing and publishing a website relatively easy, the ease of use is one of its best offers, for example, e-commerce compatibility, and data import/export capabilities. Switching from a traditional website build will be a piece of cake.

Pluspunten

I like Squarespace because of its ease of use and customizability. I tried its 14-day trial and I easily fell in love with its all-in-one features, especially its website builder. Also, I don't need to code or learn HTML language, and the fact that it also has ready-made templates, makes it ideal for me as I don't have to start from scratch and that made my life easier.

Minpunten

Even though it has plenty of features and benefits, what I believe needs to be improved is the lack of plugins and extensions for more in-depth customization and integration. I hope to see more features in the future!

tanveer
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Good

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2022

Very nice

Pluspunten

Very light weight and smoothly work. I work with it on both plateform window and mac

Minpunten

Its interface and its installation process.

Bridget
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

You get what you pay for

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2020

After trying multiple free website building options, I finally relented and tried out the demo version on Squarespace to see what the learning curve would be like, and if it would be worthwhile ot go the paid route for a website. The answer was a resounding yes, and I've subsequently built 3 more sites with them since our first one.

I tell every new business owner starting out, check out squarespace, save yourself the headace of the free platforms that limit creativity, and watch your business grow by the day.

Easing learning curve
layout options
customizations options
sleek templates
quick onboarding

Minpunten

Towards the beginning of my experience with Squarespace, I needed some customer sesrvice and the process to find where I could go for help was not easy. This was back in 2017 however, so I'm not sure if that process has improved since then (I'd like to think so!)

• Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A beautiful website, tailored to you

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2020

I have a beautiful, functional website to direct clients to. It has a blog, a shop where they can purchase items and much more. The site allows me to capture visitor information, make sales and create first interactions with me and my services. It allows me to have a "home base" from which I launch all of my projects and ideas. I have had Squarespace for several years now and never plan to change--it's really that good! I have experimented with other providers but never found anything so well crafted and easy to use.

Pluspunten

Squarespace allows you to select a plan that fits your needs. You can choose plans with unlimited pages, commerce options and much more. I love that it's made to be user friendly and there is no coding required (you can code as an advanced option but it's really not at all needed since they offer you everything). You can add all kinds of features to webpages, like forms, surveys, images and much more just by adding elements they call "blocks". This makes it very easy to customize the website to look, feel and operate just like you would like. If you previously couldn't realize your website dreams due to a lack of technical know-how, you can use Squarespace to design like a pro.

Minpunten

Sometimes it can be slightly unintuitive as to where to find something, so it takes me a few extra minutes to find out where I can tweak a specific setting.

Customer support is excellent and fast to respond but only by email or chat, not by phone.

You do have to upgrade to a higher plan for some features, like abandoned cart recovery at checkout, for example; however, for the value they offer, I think all the upgrades are worth the cost.

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Wordpress is effective but I found it much harder to design things when I have tried it out. Wix doesn't look as professional as Squarespace and has many fewer functionalities.
Elizabeth
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Easy to Customize

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2021

Using Squarespace to relaunch our website was a time consuming process, but the system made it as easy as it could be. Someone with little web design experience can make a beautiful website and concern themselves more with the content than the design. There was a bit of a learning curve, but after trial and error we were able to navigate the system and learn as we designed new pages.

Pluspunten

The drag and drop features of the page designs were easy to navigate and customize. When deciding what pages to include in our rebranded website, functionality was our number one concern; we wanted to be sure our current and future customers could navigate our site easily and find what they were looking for. It is great to be able to adjust and customize pieces any time instead of having to wait for a developer to create a page for us.

Minpunten

The forms can be finicky and sometimes don't work for users. Because there isn't a customer service rep with onboarding it can be difficult to navigate troubleshooting. Without much coding knowledge it can be difficult to customize the size of the header for the entire website, and I wish you could chose your own fonts.

Redenen om voor Squarespace te kiezen

Our old website was hard to customize, hard to edit, and even harder to navigate as an end-user. We had over 10 unnecessary pages and duplicative navigation points. Our goal with a new website was to be able to more easily edit the site, keep people informed, and to freshen the look. We were able to accomplish all of these goals with the new system in Squarespace. We were also able to bring over our School Store for spirit wear and other parent led fundraisers, rather than our parent association having a completely separate site.

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

The cost and the ease of use were very important in our decision making process.
Jeremy
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Easy to Use But Often Limited

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2021

I had to launch a website—with scheduling and services—in a day, and Squarespace did not disappoint. I was able to do this quickly and easily, with little reference to the user guide. When it came time to launch my own site, I carefully researched and compared Squarespace to other all-in-one solutions, and it came out on top. Most other solutions required more work to build, and it was easy to "break" their templates. It's a real challenge to make a Squarespace template look bad.

That being said, there are times where you want to change the color of a header, for example, and you find this is simply not possible. You then have to go on a Google search and find the hidden CSS code for that style and paste it into the custom code window. And most of the time, it doesn't work. So I would like to see them make changes colours more intuitive and easier to do.

Another thing to know: you will likely have to pay to get a feature you need, at some point. I needed to have a pop-up email subscription form, and I had to upgrade to "Business" for that. So make sure you scan the features before buying.

Pluspunten

The best thing about Squarespace is that you can launch a simple website in a few hours; grab a template, tweak to taste, and go. The competitors still tend to need direct coding to make them look good, but not with Squarespace. The templates are tasteful and generally easy to edit, plus there is a rich backend with tons of analytical tools and e-commerce features for when you're ready to sell. The website editor is truly WYSIWG (What You See Is What You Get) and adding sections is as easy as a click.

Minpunten

Squarespace's templates look nice, but there are surprisingly few of them. I've built several sites with Squarespace, but I always grab the same podcasting template because everything else it way too specific: restaurant! Vlogger! Fashion! But precious little for general-purpose sites, with a minuscule selection for a company that's been at this for over 10 years. The WYSIWG editor can be extremely annoying as well, constantly digging into to floating menus just to make simple edits, and it's unclear where things reside sometimes. It's hard to escape the feeling that there has to be a better way. But it is still easy to use.

Wix, Webflow en WordPress

Redenen om voor Squarespace te kiezen

Designing and maintaining my own website demanded too much of my time, and Wordpress has become a bloated, unsafe platform. I needed a all-in-one solution, and Squarespace was the best bet for me.

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Squarespace required the least custom-coding and its templates are the cleanest and hardest to break. I can deploy quickly and add features as I go along.
Eddie
  • Sector: E-learning
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best in class product by far for several years now

Beoordeeld op 25-6-2021

I teach classes on digital marketing and entrepreneurship and ask my students to build a website without coding within a week that looks professional and generate sales from their website. SquareSpace has always helped them build a best in class product.

The website we have built quickly to get our companies started have resonated well with investors and everyone always compliments the look and feel of our sites.

Pluspunten

I have used SquareSpace for over 5 years now, using the platform to build a minimum viable product before scaling to custom built websites, to putting up new websites that look extremely professional very quickly. Everyone who looks at the websites are impressed with how they look, not knowing it only took a few minutes to build. They continue to add functionality over the years.

They have a great dedication to customer service as well that responds quickly.

Minpunten

Moving some objects around was not always as intuitive as I thought they could be. If there are a tremendous amounts of data on a screen it may be slower to edit than it always was. Very minor bugs discovered on rare occasions. Just nitpicking, wonderful product.

Redenen om voor Squarespace te kiezen

Wix did not adapt to mobile well and just always seems behind the curve, they had several bugs as well and did not render well on mobile. Everybody knows every WordPress template so they can recognize it's not a customize website. WordPress is also easy for anyone to hack, even for those who do not know how to code at all.

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

More unique default templates, better looking templates, more robust features. Build it Beautiful was there slogan and has always lived true to that.
Alanna
  • Sector: Fotografie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Love hate relationship.

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020

It’s a good option for the price, but as soon as I can afford more, I’m personally going to move on to a better website builder with more customization ability.

Pluspunten

I love that it looks classy even if you’re not familiar with how to use website designing softwares. This is mostly due to the fact that they only allow certain liberties to the user unless the user knows code. In other words, they do not allow the user to make major changes to their templates, because they had professional designers put the templates together so they’d look great! And why let the user mess with a professionally designed look?

Minpunten

The fact that the user cannot change much means that intermediate users are out of luck. In my case, I am very familiar with how to make an appealing design, and I am also familiar with website builders in general, BUT I do not know coding so I can’t change details that way. Because I know more than a beginner, I get very frustrated at the limitations in design that I am dealt by Squarespace.

For instance, they only allow 3 font styles throughout the site, which I understand is a great design approach, but sometimes a different font size or color is NEEDED. Just saying! (Particular afternoon campaign you might want to feature on a particular page, a slight color variation so it shows up better on a photo, etc.)

Kymberli
  • Sector: Horeca

Best Website Builder EVER

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

overall, my experience with Squarespace has been amazing. I recommend them to everyone

Pluspunten

How easy it is to use. I first started out with wordpress, godaddy and shopify and that was beyond me. Someone recommended squarespace to me and I was able to rollout my ideas almost instantaneously. thank you!

Minpunten

I sold my computer so I’d love if the mobile app had all of the same features available as the website but I understand it takes time.

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

because you are able to customize the site more to your branding and have more functions SIMPLY verses needing to download a bunch of extra stuff.
  • Sector: Fotografie

Best option for Small Businesses that aren't IT savvy

Beoordeeld op 19-10-2018

If you are a small business or a startup trying to get a professional web presence, or an existing company with a horrible website, don't believe the limitations of a decade ago and "pro" web developers and companies that create websites for you for a large sum of money with continuing maintenance costs. Website development sites like Squarespace allow for any moderately computer literate individual to create amazing looking professional websites and professional emails with little hassle. You don't need an IT department or a website developer, and honestly, your site will look better than many I've had created by corporate webdevs. The trick is that sites like Squarespace use templates that you choose and customize with your own content. The con is, while there are tons of options in templates, what you see is what you get and you can really only customize content and minor aesthetics like font, pages, color schemes, pictures, etc. However, the templates are gorgeous and modern designed sites that will make your website look cutting edge.
I've used several competitors, and while Wix is probably my next favorite due to customization, Squarespace is leagues better than any other site developer I've used, including Weebly, Wordpress, GoDaddy, Wix, etc. It is just so simple and the templates, while probably the least customization, are the prettiest ones available that add a professional touch you can't replicate in something like Wix. No IT, no problem.

Pluspunten

Ease of use is unparalleled.
Templates are aesthetically unmatched by competitors- it's not even close.
The ability to switch between templates whenever you want is amazing.
Very professional feel to website with seamless G Suite integration.
Cost is very competitive.
Mobile optimized websites are lightyears beyond GoDaddy and Wix.

Minpunten

The templates are amazing, and there are a lot of choices, but if you don't like the options, you are stuck with what they have. Customizing is very limited within the Template framework, unlike Wix.
In order to be glitch-free and mobile optimized, the templates have very little customization.

• Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

When minimalism was a luxury

Beoordeeld op 20-2-2021

I trully believe SS is being hold hostage by its once glorious minimalist phyloshophy and streamlined way of doing things. Their templates all look the same now.

Pluspunten

Squarespace helped us develop good looking and fuctional website in no time, with outstanding streamlined interface and ease of use with minimalism in mind. + Premium fonts.

Minpunten

In my personal opinion, I think SS is lost with its minimalist phyloshopy and streamlined way of doing things. It was good a couple of years back when it was the only kid in town but websites have developed so much that the need for robust features and fuctionality is more a necessity than a commodity now. They just released their extension feature but it consist of no more than a few addons.

OpenCart en Adobe Commerce
Margot
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

Perfect for Creative Professionals, Limiting for E-Commerce

Beoordeeld op 29-9-2022

Squarespace has allowed me to build an online space where I can sell my artwork and share creative projects. As my product line grows I will need to move the shop aspect to an alternative like Shopify. However, I will remain using Squarespace as the main website for my business and services.

Pluspunten

Squarespace is my favorite website builder for small businesses and creative professionals. I love that it is so easy to set up and customize to fit my branding and voice. Squarespace makes it easy for one person to create their own portfolio or website to promote their work or house their services.

Minpunten

While Squarespace has been my favorite website host as a creative professional, it is lacking in e-commerce tools and support. Simple things like having a filtering system for a shop page require additional plug-ins, or coming up with DIY solutions (that will ultimately require more work long term). Squarespace's commerce functions may be appropriate for a shop with one or very few product categories. However, as the product line expands and falls under different categories, it becomes much harder for the user to sort through products and locate what they need.

Shirley

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Squarespace Review - The All-In-One Platform to Build a Beautiful Online Presence

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2022

Squarespace is a fantastic all-in-one platform that makes it easy for you to build an amazing looking website in no time. The templates are clean and minimalistic and give you plenty of room to showcase your content, create a stunning online store, or place some great photography in there. You get access to powerful tools like commerce, site management, analytics and more! There is also a ton of training on how to use Squarespace, so getting started couldn’t be easier. It’s free for 14 days so give it a try today!

Pluspunten

Are you ready to launch your online presence, but aren’t sure where to start? Squarespace offers an all-in-one platform that allows you to create a beautiful website, online store, or portfolio without the hassle of building everything from scratch. You can literally have everything up and running in less than an hour! Squarespace is an online platform where you can build your own website. There are many options and designs, so everyone is bound to find something they like. You can also create eCommerce stores and online portfolios with Squarespace. I especially love how easy it is to set up and edit with such an organized layout! It felt almost effortless. Additionally, there are tons of free templates available that look great and super professional right out of the box if you're not in a creative mood or don't have much time to work on setting up your site/store/portfolio but still want something good looking going live quickly.

Minpunten

Squarespace is great for small and large businesses alike. They give you a host of free tools that allow you to create an amazing website or online store. What I loved about Squarespace was how easy it was to create my own web design, their advanced SEO features, and most importantly, their customer service has been top-notch! But if I had to find something negative, it would be that they are not made for large companies that may need more personalized or advanced features than Squarespace currently offers.

Dave
  • Sector: Muziek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely.

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2018

I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay.

The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.

Pluspunten

Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Minpunten

Squarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify.

Wix sites used to look terrible. They can now look pretty good (again, mileage may vary with templates and design skills). Bandzoogle has more features for bands at a better price point. Weebly has great design options. All claim easy drag and drop interfaces. All offer cheaper options than Squarespace for a similar feature set.

Squarespace domains are free for the first year only. Then, thye cost more than many other options. I found that one out the hard way.

Amy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy drag-and-drop alternative to other web platforms

Beoordeeld op 30-3-2021

I'm a copywriter, designer and brand/marketing consultant. I've built multiple small sites myself, and on a handful of others have directed freelance designers and developers on site build-out. First Squarespace site I did was in 2016. We build websites for clients on Wordpress, Shopify and Bigcommerce as well. And tend to direct clients to Squarespace if their content will be visually-driven, perhaps a little lighter on the e-commerce side, and when they'll benefit from the ability to create new pages -- especially marketing landing pages under their own domain -- without the need to call in extra developer/programmer assistance.

Pluspunten

Squarespace's drag-and-drop platform makes it really easy to create a great-looking, full-functioning website... that can be organically changed, added to and otherwise modified over time. If we have clients who need to create marketing landing pages under their own URL, Squarespace is the one website platform that offers this natively and elegantly. We find ourselves needing to call in programmer/developers far less often when creating or modifying a web site on Squarespace. The ability to add forms, email captures, slide shows, etc., is all native to the platform, without needing to add a bunch of plugins. Your editing window is the actual page, so you can see what your dragging, writing, and otherwise placing on the page in a completely visual editor view. If you are someone who doesn't do coding... and likes the ability to drag sections and elements, set your own colors, padding, etc., Squarespace is really quite flexible and easy to use.

Minpunten

It doesn't do a perfect job of scaling photography from desktop to mobile views. It certainly does it, but sometimes requires a little creativity to set the image focal point and/or scale the original image so that it looks good in desktop and doesn't look too big in mobile. This is less of an issue with large banner-width images than with smaller inset images. Takes a little getting used to. The only other issue we've run into is that the interface is so easy to use that we've had a client go in and make color and photo changes we'd have preferred he didn't. Easy enough to correct. But, generally, our clients are too intimidated by other platforms to get in and change things, so just something to think about and create a plan/process around on a Squarespace site.

• Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Extremely easy to use but expensive

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2020

Pluspunten

1) We can easily select the fonts and colors of the site from the side menu so that when you select the h1 or h2 it directly applies that heading structure and design.

2) Very clean. By this I meant to say that every option is properly differentiated and well defined.

3) The easy integration of the site with Google Drive creating a google sheet is very much appreciated.

4) The website is by default responsive and that is really helpful when you are just starting out building a website.

5) I have never ran into a problem where I need to get contacted with the customer care as the options on the site are pretty much self explanatory.

6) There are no pop ups or any things that distracts you while creating the website.

7) I have started learning the website building when there was some offer to use the premium feature for 15 days. I thought that after 15 days I will leave the site and will check out another website building services but I stuck to this site after that as the ease of use is too good and the features are easy to understand.

8) There are no hidden charges unless you yourself purchase any add on premium services and everything goes smooth.

Minpunten

1) There is not smart alignment feature in this website building engine.

2) The price of the basic website is too much in comparison of the other website building engines.

3) Here one needs to have the structure ready before hand designing the website as it goes step by step as changing the site fonts and color will be challenging if not decided earlier.

4) The premium email with the G-Suite feature is too expensive then other service providers. Also the advanced analytics are not provided in the personal plan.

Virginia
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018

Pluspunten

There are many, many website creation platforms… and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more simplistic approach to building their website. Wordpress would be better utilized for websites with a lot of content, images, or heavily customizable needs and/or larger businesses.

Pros
Squarespace website generation platform is a heavily controlled and monitored environment, run only by the company itself. All the testing is done within their own environment to ensure all plugins, tools, etc. are running correctly at all times.

Squarespace is a great fit for beginners who would prefer to have the web creation platform make the decisions for you or those who want something simple and navigationally instinctual. Navigating my way around Squarespace took me a simple day to learn its ins and outs; it took me nearly a year to learn all the unique, in-depth features of Wordpress.

Because Squarespace is not an open source platform, its customer support team is available 24-hours a day, to help resolve issues and provide advice (via live chat). It’s their responsibility to fix any plugins, or issues that arise outside of your control.

In contrast Wordpress is an open source platform, meaning the responsibility for fixing any issues that arise would fall on you; you will most likely need to hire outside help if you are a beginner and/or have little tech/coding experience. Although Wordpress is more customizable (developers/programmers can create their own plugins, themes, and tools and apply it to your site for a specific look) you take the risk of running into potential compatibility issues; open source does not always guarantee 100% reliability.

Minpunten

Because Squarespace is a more simplistic approach to web creation, you don’t have the option to fully customize the theme or jazz it up the way you may want. If you are really looking to create a website that is fully automated and stands out from the general information website I would suggest WordPress.

I have not found Squarespace’s community help center to be as helpful in providing answers or pointing me in the right direction, however you always have support available to you; Wordpress has a larger collection of help forums on the web that can help you figure out fix issues, compatibility, coding adjustments, etc.