Squarespace reviews

Squarespace

Een website maakt het echt.

Totaalscore

4,6 /5
(2.940)
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,3/5
Functies
4,3/5
Gebruiksgemak
4,4/5
Klantenondersteuning
4,4/5

93%
heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

2940 reviews

Geverifieerde reviewer
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Op deze manier is iedereen een webdesigner

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2023

Hiermee hebben wij een mooie website voor ons bedrijf gemaakt.

Hiermee hebben wij een mooie website voor ons bedrijf gemaakt.

Pluspunten

Aan de hand van een template of de blokken zelf je website bouwen en vormgeven. Alles is vrij duidelijk en simpel te doen. Er is zelfs ruimte om eventueel wat dieper het design in te duiken voor de gevorderde. Ook makkelijk up to date te houden als alles staat. Integratie van andere apps mogelijk en werkt fijn.

Minpunten

Soms kan je alleen vormgeven aan de hand van Squarespace zijn richtlijnen, voor een echte designer kan dit vervelend zijn. die voelt zich hierdoor beperkt.

Meghan
Meghan
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Restaurants
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The Best Website Builder for Simple Sites

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019

I genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out...

I genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out a great end product. I have used it to make websites for photographers, restaurants, and sales businesses alike. It is so versatile and every site visitor thinks it's professionally done.

Pluspunten

This software is easy to use, intuitive, and when you can't figure something out Support is right there for you. They have tons of how to videos and instructions that make everything pretty easy to figure out.

Minpunten

I dislike the spacer feature - it gets pretty annoying to use those instead of being able to snap an object to a grid and align that way. It works much like Microsoft Word in the sense that if you try to resize or adjust something, sometimes everything on the page moves.

Overwogen alternatieven

BentoBox

Redenen om voor Squarespace te kiezen

Our site was continually hacked, there was very little support, it was complicated to use. Our sites were outdated and I wanted to switch us to something everyone on our team, no matter their level of tech expertise, could use.

Overgestapt van

WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

BentoBox is specific to restaurants - they have a wonderful product, however their set-up and pricing did not work for us. Essentially, you pay them to create the initial site and then it's up to you to edit/take care of after the fact. You pay a large set up fee and a pretty expensive monthly fee in perpetuity. We have five locations and it just wasn't cost efficient. Since I already knew how to use Squarespace and knew how to work with SEO, it was an easy, much more cost-effective switch. Bentobox is a great product, but it is pricey to maintain. As a restaurant, we have simple needs as to what people are looking for when they come to our site.
Amy
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great blogging platform

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2024

Pluspunten

There are lots of capabilities and features built into this blogging platform, and after a bit of a learning curve, I can take advantage of most of them.

Minpunten

It took me a bit longer than other blogging platforms to master, but it really is intuitive and packs a lot of tools.

Sonja
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Customer service and support woeful

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2024

Terrible customer and I'm leaving the platform and taking my business elsewhere

Terrible customer and I'm leaving the platform and taking my business elsewhere

Pluspunten

An option for e-commerce transactions and onsite transactions

Minpunten

The customer service experience when I experienced an issue was subpar. Completely inflexible and quite frankly condescending with generic answers and no actual help offered

Yu
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy for not professional website builders

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2024

Easy to use, good customer support. A lot of option for choosing what suits you best.

Easy to use, good customer support. A lot of option for choosing what suits you best.

Pluspunten

I had no skills in building website before using squarespace. It was easy to use the template available. Although I need to redo the website after 5 years, it still stays functional and works well. Customer services are very responsive with all inquiries.

Minpunten

The shop option on my plan did not allow any changes to be made for the look of the shop so I moved elsewhere.

Chanery
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Squarespace

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2024

Easy to use, straightforward what you see is what you get software. Takes a daunting task and...

Easy to use, straightforward what you see is what you get software. Takes a daunting task and actually makes it fun

Pluspunten

I like the ease of the technology. It allows everyone who can drag and drop and point and click the ability to create and manage their own website.

Minpunten

I did not care for the limited customizations available, but this really wasnt a big problem for my purposes

Dorothy
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Useful for what it needs to do, but not the most flexible

Beoordeeld op 19-3-2024

Pluspunten

Easy enough to use as someone with no web developing knowledge. Interface is more or less easy to learn.

Minpunten

Templates are very limited in their flexibility for customization. Very limited in what you can do with your website unless you pay more (i.e. more pages, e-commerce)

Erin
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best website builder

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2024

Pluspunten

Has everything you need, from sending invoices to collecting payments. Even SEO intergration!

Minpunten

That when they do an update, you have to redo your layout

Andrea
Andrea
Totaalscore
  • Sector: E-learning
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Grow Your Impact with TurnKey Website Builder

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2024

I've used many website builders and design tools over the last decade (Wix, Weebly, etc), and...

I've used many website builders and design tools over the last decade (Wix, Weebly, etc), and Squarespace is my favorite. I love the variety of design templates available and the tech support provided.

Pluspunten

I love how easy it is to customize and build sites.

Minpunten

I wish the content management tools were more robust and allowed for individual fields to be edited such as descriptions for pricing.

Ellenore
Ellenore
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good website builder for small business

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2024

Pluspunten

I love that I can easily customize my website to fit my needs. Even the editor on my phone works well!

Minpunten

Sometimes my information isn’t saved when I’m making edits. But it’s usually my fault!

Geverifieerde reviewer
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Administratie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Honest Squarespace Review

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2024

My overall experience with Squarespace is so much amazing because it made a very responsive website...

My overall experience with Squarespace is so much amazing because it made a very responsive website for desktop and mobile in just some minutes.

Pluspunten

I like how fast it made a website in just some time i am very amazed with that it is like a magic for me.

Minpunten

I don't think i haven't like something about it is so amazing that it doesn't have anything to dislike about it

Marianne
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Beautiful Templates but lacking in Clarity and Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019

The intent of this site was I thought to make it possible for anyone to easily create their own...

The intent of this site was I thought to make it possible for anyone to easily create their own website and get it up and running quickly. I didn't get that and felt I was making compromises again and again. I started a blog on Squarespace with the intent of linking it to my website - Squarespace said it would be a seamless process - followed the instructions could never get it to happen so it's still not linked. There was a challenge with my G Suite registration when I went to renew and after days of frustration and the risk of losing my domain I found out it was something on the Squarespace side that had not been completed. Definitely not what I thought I was getting.

Pluspunten

I am an experiential designer so my website needs to really give a potential client a feel for what I do. After looking at several products available I selected Squarespace because I felt their esthetic best fit mine. There many beautiful templates to choose from.

Minpunten

I'm not a web designer but have clear sense of what I want my website to look like. I thought starting with a template close to where I would like the final site to be like would make the process easier and I could get it done on my own. Not the case. Step by step instructions are lacking in information. Inserting text and content is complicated and the final results were not what I originally thought I was getting and found myself making compromises left and right. The template you choose is populated with the elements (font & images) that caught your eye but you have to remove it all to build your content.If half way through you realize as I did this might be the best way to display my images after all you have to start all over again nothing transfers.

Overwogen alternatieven

Wix en WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Squarespace looked more sophisticated. The Squarespace templates looked closer to what I wanted for my finished look. For me to get to the same place on WIX or Wordpress it was, it appeared, to be more work for me. I did trials on both but really wasn't that excited by what was possible but the directions and steps were much easier to follow.
Kael
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Milieudiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The best website builder for lightweight needs and support

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019

Overall, Squarespace has saved me a great deal of time managing the website and keeping it updated...

Overall, Squarespace has saved me a great deal of time managing the website and keeping it updated and current. It hasn't been without its headaches but it's definitely nice to be able to leave it sit for a period of time without worrying about technical difficulties. I used WordPress in the past and it's much, much easier. The major downside is your site will look Squarespace-y. All Squarespace sites have a certain modern styling and it's difficult to give it a unique look but that's the price we pay for simplicity.

Pluspunten

The ease of creating and managing the website are its strongest suite. There is definitely a learning curve and not everything is intuitive out of the box. However, once you get through the quirks it can save substantial amounts of time creating content and maintaining the site into the future. It takes a lot of complexity out of website creation. It's a major relief to not have to worry about updating plugins and hoping something doesn't break. It's mobile friendly out of the box and much easier to handle things like image galleries or even selling products.

Minpunten

Every website must be on its own plan. No bundles or creating multiple websites on the same server. Choosing a template upfront can be tricky because it's hard to foresee what capabilities you'll need down the line and each template has its own abilities and quirks. You can always change the template but that often requires substantial reworking of the content. Also, you must work with the confines of what Squarespace can do. If you're trying to do something relatively complicated you're likely to run into roadblocks and limitations and you'll be stuck doing it the "Squarespace way" or not at all.

Overwogen alternatieven

Wix en Shopify

Redenen om voor Squarespace te kiezen

Updating plugins and the theme was tedious and could cause unknown headaches. Mobile support was trickier. Squarespace was much easier for non-IT people to update and contribute.

Overgestapt van

WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Felt it would be the easiest overall in terms of needed features while balancing overall simplicity.
Ian
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A website-builder following the K.I.S.S. mantra

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019

Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly...

Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly can. The devil is in "how" it accomplishes things. Essentially the whole product keeps you "on rails" as you roll out a website. Every element within the builder has maybe one or two customization options, but the rest is hidden behind an impenetrable interface. But, Squarespace isn't just keeping functionality out of your hands to be cruel, it is often saving you from yourself. By limiting the options available to you, they also limit the potential outcomes of your foray into web design / ecommerce / etc into mostly desirable ones. Sometimes, rules/restrictions can be good! In this way, I'd say they are kind of like the "apple" of website-building platforms.

Pluspunten

At one time, Squarespace's slogan was "build it beautiful." They take this mantra seriously, as the platform makes it almost impossible to NOT make a beautiful website. Can it be restrictive? Yes. But in limiting the user's options, it often is doing them a service. If you absolutely must have functionality or an type of implementation Squarespace doesn't support, then you probably need the help of an expert (either a dev agency or a marketing/design agency) or you are yourself an expert – in which case, you probably should have started with a more sophisticated tool.

Minpunten

The one area where customization is often necessary is in CSS. A bit of custom CSS goes a long way toward making a site look less like a template. Just as having a clean crisp UI/UX is the bread and butter that makes Squarespace sites so attractive to small businesses, having a "one-of-a-kind" look can go a long way toward making those businesses look more credible. It is a delicate balancing act, which Squarespace usually nails quite well... but the lack of documentation on how the site treats custom CSS is a shortcoming. I basically end up anding "Important!" to everything, because it is impossible to tell what elements of my CSS Squarespace is going to arbitrarily overwrite with no explanation.

Overwogen alternatieven

Wix

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Listen... don't let their newly expanded advertising budget or the way Godaddy pushes them fool you. Wix makes ugly websites. I'm sorry, but it is just the facts. Squarespace is a bit pricier (although the pricing is more transparent in my option) but you get what you pay for.
Alanna
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Fotografie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Love hate relationship.

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020

It’s a good option for the price, but as soon as I can afford more, I’m personally going to move on...

It’s a good option for the price, but as soon as I can afford more, I’m personally going to move on to a better website builder with more customization ability.

Pluspunten

I love that it looks classy even if you’re not familiar with how to use website designing softwares. This is mostly due to the fact that they only allow certain liberties to the user unless the user knows code. In other words, they do not allow the user to make major changes to their templates, because they had professional designers put the templates together so they’d look great! And why let the user mess with a professionally designed look?

Minpunten

The fact that the user cannot change much means that intermediate users are out of luck. In my case, I am very familiar with how to make an appealing design, and I am also familiar with website builders in general, BUT I do not know coding so I can’t change details that way. Because I know more than a beginner, I get very frustrated at the limitations in design that I am dealt by Squarespace.

For instance, they only allow 3 font styles throughout the site, which I understand is a great design approach, but sometimes a different font size or color is NEEDED. Just saying! (Particular afternoon campaign you might want to feature on a particular page, a slight color variation so it shows up better on a photo, etc.)

Anne
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy and Elegant

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has...

I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

Pluspunten

I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

Minpunten

There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

Mark
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Allowing my nonprofit's website to stay adaptive and relevant amidst an ever-changing web.

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2021

Squarespace won me over after years of thinking I could do a better job "designing it" on my own...

Squarespace won me over after years of thinking I could do a better job "designing it" on my own with free templates for WordPress. Time and time again I would spend days or weeks on the site, be happy with it, and then months later it would all be out of date, look old, and not function in the ways that information transfer had shifted by internet users. I decided that a professional, clean and easy to use Squarespace site, with robust back-end capabilities is what I needed, and I have not been disappointed.

Pluspunten

Squarespace really has their act together in offering a clean, easy to use , beautiful web building platform. I run a media and video production nonprofit, and the needs and functionality of my site have evolved almost yearly since 2013. The way that people engage with content on the internet is always changing, and I got caught up in the flow of trying to always evolve the website to keep up. I used GoDaddy and WordPress for too many years, and eventually migrated them all to Squarespace because it was all just so much more streamlined, modern, clean and simple. I now have the basic website I need, and know that there are many many ways to customize it if needed without messing up the whole site (as happened many times on WordPress)

I changed my entire .com and .org from a WordPress template on GoDaddy, and could not be happier with the customer service I received from Squarespace, they were so helpful in getting everything aligned for the transition.

Minpunten

I wish there were maybe 15-20 more templates, and that a few of them were specifically meant for video galleries, as that is what my organization focuses on in our storytelling, videos. I would love a template tailor made for aggregating videos. For now I can use a photo gallery or blog and adapt it, which works fine, but my wish list would be a video focused and designed template.

Overwogen alternatieven

Wix, WordPress en GoDaddy Website Builder

Redenen om voor Squarespace te kiezen

Squarespace had a comparable price, much more attractive templates, and a reputation for customer service that met expectations! I also just trusted and knew from looking at other sites, that Squarespace keeps up with what a modern website "should" have and look like to engage users. I'm not a designer or UI person, and trust Squarespace. It's worth paying them to do the design so I can just plug in content!

Overgestapt van

WordPress en GoDaddy Website Builder

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

It met all of my needs, was around the same price, and I love that hosting, domain and templates can all just be wrapped into one account. Squarespace just had the better lookcng websites templates as well, and customer service did not disappoint!
Henry
Henry
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Restaurants
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Simple doesn't mean low quality

Beoordeeld op 19-10-2021

My client wanted to launch a new brand with a website fast. I chose Squarespace just to get us...

My client wanted to launch a new brand with a website fast. I chose Squarespace just to get us going, with the intention of migrating over to a WordPress build in the near future. 2 years later we're still on Squarespace, with no immediate plans to change. The website's performance and optimization is consistently top-notch, edits are easy, tracking code changes work well, and enough third-party tool integrations exist to account for our needs.

I wanted Squarespace because I hoped it would be quick and simple to set up. It was. I stayed with Squarespace because it's more effective and substantial than I initially hoped.

Pluspunten

Squarespace really is simple to set up and use. A lot of web building best practices are automated for you, with image auto-optimization, mobile-friendly templates, and ADA compliance features.

A few years ago the biggest issue with simple website builders like this was performance - drag-and-drop sites tended to be slower. Not the case anymore. All my Squarespace sites load well within Google Page Speed Index benchmarks, with image compression that doesn't reduce image quality at all.

Minpunten

Squarespace will cause some issues if you're at either extreme of tech savvy: If you have zero background building sites, there will be a learning curve. I know their marketing makes it sound like you could build a site with your eyes closed, but do not count on it being that simple.

And on the other end, if you have deeper experience building sites and working with code, Squarespace can be a bit basic. You can't access a page's source code, block types can't be edited, and design functions are fairly limited.

Overwogen alternatieven

BentoBox en WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Simplicity and speed of deployment. We needed a whole new brand launched quickly, and Squarespace required the least set-up time.
Kymberli
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Horeca
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best Website Builder EVER

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

overall, my experience with Squarespace has been amazing. I recommend them to everyone

overall, my experience with Squarespace has been amazing. I recommend them to everyone

Pluspunten

How easy it is to use. I first started out with wordpress, godaddy and shopify and that was beyond me. Someone recommended squarespace to me and I was able to rollout my ideas almost instantaneously. thank you!

Minpunten

I sold my computer so I’d love if the mobile app had all of the same features available as the website but I understand it takes time.

Overwogen alternatieven

Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

because you are able to customize the site more to your branding and have more functions SIMPLY verses needing to download a bunch of extra stuff.
Atharva
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Squarespace: Best and fast website builder

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2022

If you are a beginner and want to build a website as quickly as possible without any prior...

If you are a beginner and want to build a website as quickly as possible without any prior knowledge, then you can go with Squarespace. But, if you are willing to invest some time to learn about website development, then nothing is better than WordPress.

Pluspunten

Squarespace is a good option for beginners who want to build a website without any prior web development knowledge. They provides lots templates to design the website, which are mobile-friendly.
First you need to select one among 100+ templates and start buliding your website with it's easy website builder.
You can easy sell products in Squarespace and track product orders from the dashboard. It also has a Financial dashboard to track earnings.
And ff you have any concerns about using Squarespace, you can contact customer service at any time.

Minpunten

Squarespace sites are not good in search engine optimization, making it difficult to rank them on the first page of Google. Limited software and service can be integrated with Squarespace.
It is also quite tough to migrate from Squarespace to another website development platform.

Rashi
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Omroepen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Squarespace: elegant and user-friendly website builder:

Beoordeeld op 27-12-2022

Overall, Squarespace is a great option for anyone looking to create a professional-looking website...

Overall, Squarespace is a great option for anyone looking to create a professional-looking website without any coding experience. The elegant design and user-friendly interface make it easy to create a visually appealing website, and the comprehensive features make it suitable for a wide range of needs. While the higher price point may be a drawback for some users, the excellent customer support and comprehensive features may make it worth the investment for many.

Pluspunten

Elegant design: Squarespace offers a wide range of beautifully designed templates that make it easy to create a visually appealing website.User-friendly interface: Squarespace has a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and make changes to their website.Excellent customer support: Squarespace offers excellent customer support through email, chat, and phone, making it easy for users to get help when they need it.

Minpunten

Higher price point: Squarespace is more expensive than some other website builders, which may not be feasible for all users but since we work with different e-commerce company they don't mind with what they pay.

Overwogen alternatieven

Wix en Google Workspace

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Comprehensive features: Squarespace offers a wide range of features, including blogging, e-commerce, and integrations with social media and email marketing platforms.
Darren
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Omroepen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

For simple website design and amangement look no further.

Beoordeeld op 3-6-2023

I think squarespace is great. For a non technical user what this provides me with is a very simple...

I think squarespace is great. For a non technical user what this provides me with is a very simple and quick way of developing and managing an attractive website with all the functionality needed.

Pluspunten

Squarespace makes designing and managing your website simple. Making edits, implementing redesigns are quick and easy to complete. This was the main reason we switched as we wanted anybody to be able to manage the website with no need for technical web skills.

Minpunten

Sometimes the way things work are not intuitive, they remain easy, but initially the way to achieve something is not always obvious. Additionally Squarespace in my opinion is not designed for high end, high functionality websites so for some the service may be limited.

Redenen om voor Squarespace te kiezen

Wordpress was to difficult to manage and we wanted a service that allowed for easy website management without the need of hiring a proffessional web team.

Overgestapt van

WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

We had a wish list and Squarespace was the only one that gave us everything we wanted.
Jenna A
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Squarespace is great for small businesses

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019

My overall experience with Squarespace is that it has allowed me to increase my profits, I've had a...

My overall experience with Squarespace is that it has allowed me to increase my profits, I've had a better time at events when people want to make purchases, and in general it is a well run software, so I really appreciate it. It is very accessible, it has made me look more professional, and it rarely has any bugs. Good job !

Pluspunten

I have been using Squarespace for a few years as a working artist with a small business. There are a lot of events that happen for crafts and painting, and no one has cash, and I certainly don't have change to give them. When I got onto squarespace a few years ago I was amazed that they sent me a free sliding card chip reader, how easy it was to sign up, and I was a bit upset with myself that I hadn't signed up sooner. The amount of sales I missed before squarespace could probably have paid for a vacation or a big increase in my business, however all is well because I have it now. I really like that I can also keep profiles of different people, I can send people invoices, I can send people receipts, I can really make sure that I stay in their minds as a future place to buy from. I think that square space has also been successful for me because having a squarespace account has made me more professional with overseas buyers. Sometimes I get quite a bit of traction on sales through instagram, and paypal is not seen as the best route by these people, they prefer square space. It has given them ease of mind when they receive a digital receipt, when they see that i take my business seriously, and that has created a lot of good relationships for me in places like Australia, New Zealand and so forth. It has also allowed me to let people set up payment plans by tracking all their payments through square space and that too has increased a lot of business for me. Squarespace has helped!

Minpunten

I think that I am always worried about losing the swiper. If there was a way where squarespace could get rid of that all together and yet allow a one go swipe I would be really grateful for that. The only other issues I have had is sometimes the software has frozen while I am in the middle of a transaction and that has made things a bit difficult for me in the moment, however, this is common for a lot of apps that have high usage, so I am not super upset about it. I think that in the moment you can hope that things will be perfect but they can't always be. Overall though I think the software has better positives than negatives. I think that it is very good software.

Geverifieerde reviewer
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Squarespace, perhaps the best first-generation low-code website builder

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2020

Squarespace is our goto for standard business sites including our site; we run heavy ecommece...

Squarespace is our goto for standard business sites including our site; we run heavy ecommece clients on Shopify, and anything more advanced on Duda or WordPress.

Squarespace does win the first-gen low-code war -- way ahead of Weebly, Wix, or some of the others. The platform needs to decide which next market to focus on to continue to be relevant as Duda, Versoly, and other 2nd-gen platforms emerge.

Pluspunten

Squarespace makes it easy to get websites up quickly -- we've built three, and all went from zero to launch within three days. If you just need some standard startup landing pages, Squarespace is for you.

Their customer support is great if about the basic blocks.

Minpunten

Squarespace has some gotchas that make for substantial challenges beyond the first few months of business unless you're willing to either pay for external plugins or write code, and that comes with several major caveats, such as:

* weird things such as sliders for images simply don't exist
* custom CSS only applies at the site and not the page level
* spacing is somewhat odd with no fine-grain control
* certain JS plugins simply don't work on the site
* there is NO undo of any unkind except plaintext
* there is NO copy/paste or page templating

Perhaps the biggest issue is that it feels like Squarespace is trying to straddle the fence between being the leading CMS and the leading ecommerce platform and as a result it is neither. Frankly, the basic site experience is such that we'd be very reticent to ever deploy the ecommerce capability for a client, and so we use it for customers with mostly static content who blog a couple of times / week or less.

The lack of premium support for code issues further hampers their market share -- adding that as an option might provide more revenue for them and a way forward, as few other platforms do.

Overwogen alternatieven

WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Squarespace

Beats all other first-gen low-code platforms
Geverifieerde reviewer
Totaalscore
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
  • Bron van de reviewer

Totaalscore

  • Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenondersteuning
  • Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Nice software, but fragile and randomly freezes or glitches

Beoordeeld op 6-5-2021

Overall it’s a pretty good experience. Although there are glitches and times when it simply freezes...

Overall it’s a pretty good experience. Although there are glitches and times when it simply freezes for no apparent reason . This can be infuriating, especially after writing a lot of content, and it will not save or update the text (we pay for the gigablast fastest business internet our ISP sells).

Sometimes it will save an old draft, not the current one, this makes me want to scream. Sometimes it will delete things I don’t want it to accidentally I’m not sure what the problem is, there needs to be a general undo button. Something that can protect you if the website is glitching or acting nuts..

Pluspunten

The stylish look of the fonts and web design. The styles look professional enough, the competitors looked too childlike or complicated to setup.

I also like that you can do most of the editing from the app, not just the laptop.

Minpunten

What concerns me about this software, is the lack of ownership over all the work put into the website. Software companies these days are becoming political and illogical at times. Although my team and company doesn’t deal with anything political like that, it’s in the back of our mind’s that eventually we will need to break off from Squarespace because they have too much power over our website and servers.

All it takes is one new CEO who is ‘Woke’ or a Twitter tweet with no accountability or responsibility, to blow up and a company’s online presence can be severely compromised.

Like I said what we do is not even controversial, but We have seen from other marketing firms, weird issues like that concerning square space and competitors.

So as time goes on and we become more profitable, the goal is to eventually break away from Square space over lack of control over our own website and servers.