Visio

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Fijne software

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2022

Pluspunten

Snel, gemakkelijk te implementeren. Presenteren gaat soepel.

Minpunten

ik heb tot op heden nog geen hele grote nadelen kunnen ontdekken.

Jose
Jose

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Visio, a complete and versatile tool for the graphic representation of processes.

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2022

Without a doubt, Visio has remained a reference tool in process diagramming for service companies, manufacturing, and in general, for all those organizations that need to represent their operation in diagrams based on standard rules. Since it maintains the concept of design and use of most of the tools developed by Microsoft, we do not need to invest a lot of time and effort in the adoption of the platform.

Pluspunten

The use of the tool is quite simple and it is very easy to become familiar with its way of diagramming. The editor is extremely complete and there are multiple templates that we can use or adapt to our needs. The integration with other office tools allows us to incorporate our diagrams into text documents, presentations and share our designs with the rest of the organization.

Minpunten

It is an excellent diagramming platform, which has been maintained over time, incorporating innovative integrations with more recent and collaborative applications, which allows it to ensure its validity for much longer.

Evelyn
Evelyn
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great tool but somehow outdated.

Beoordeeld op 27-5-2022

Visio use to be our main software to plan any project and describe work loads, processes, etc. Nowadays, there are several other platforms with full online capabilities and better team collaboration tools.

Yes, most of those other alternatives are not that good as Visio to create flow charts or any other diagram, but they are more than acceptable for several business lines.

Pluspunten

Thea diagram creation tool is best in class.
Full compatibility with Microsoft Office Suite formats.

Minpunten

There is not fully free & functional online app for third party participants to join eventually into a brainstorming process or any other board of work.

Trello, Microsoft Project en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

Nowadays, we use Whimsical over Visio for most of our tasks, since Whimsical does allow us to have a better team work. I do still recommend Microsoft Visio for creating precise diagrams over any other alternative, but it is not that useful for Marketing environments, it is for Engineer ones though.
Mohammad

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

One The best Diagram Tools out there.

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2022

I have been using this software for more than 5 years and the best thing about it is part of the Microsoft family the workflow of the Microsoft product is almost similar and I am pretty much ok with that and it doesn't affect the work I do with good software for my company.

Pluspunten

I Like Visio's adaptability! It differs from other software because of its capacity to efficiently organize, visualize, and layout complicated projects. With its many templates and shapes, I can enrich my presentation with specific drawings or papers while using underlying data points comparable to excel to properly map out our project goals - repeatedly demonstrating why this is such a crucial tool in today's business portfolio! By dividing difficult tasks into simpler ones and providing a range of comprehension levels for these graphics, this makes planning more approachable.

Minpunten

Since purchasing Visio, Microsoft has made some really annoying adjustments. Instead of being easily adjustable by default, features like automated snap-to-route and object are significantly slower and heavier than it ever was. Additionally, instead of obeying the rules you specify, the connectors try to guess what you want, which makes workflow far more laborious than it has to be.

Earl
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

Unlocking the Power of Visio: Exploring Features and Enhancing Workflows

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2023

My overall experience with Visio is like taking a journey through a visual wonderland. It's a tool that transforms the mundane into the extraordinary, whether I'm mapping out ideas, visualizing data, or streamlining workflows. The learning curve is a minor speed bump on the road to productivity paradise. It's like having a creative assistant that speaks the language of visuals fluently.

Pluspunten

I'm a big fan of Visio's versatility. Whether it's turning complex data into compelling visuals, choreographing workflows, or creating mind maps that spark creativity, Visio is like a Swiss Army knife for productivity. The visual element adds a layer of clarity and creativity to tasks that might otherwise be a bit dull. It's like turning work into a visual masterpiece!

Minpunten

Sometimes, the learning curve with Visio can be a bit steep for newcomers. It's like trying to solve a puzzle without the picture on the box. But once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless. The initial struggle is a small price to pay for the versatility it offers.

Muhammad Daud
Muhammad Daud
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Great Data Visualization and Mapping tool

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2022

Overall I found Microsoft Visio a very helpful tool for any management level (IT to Decision Makers) in an organization and it can be worked with according to their own requirement. I was able to achieve our organizational documentation through various tools and stencils and to elaborate them professionaly. Great tool.

Pluspunten

I have found Microsoft Visio to be a great tool for any business to manage their flow diagrams, organizational structure, network diagrams, and document management. It is a vast utility to support various stencils as per the requirement of the organization or structure required. I found Azure Stencils to be great and detailed in order to elaborate on the cloud environment.

Minpunten

I found it a bit inconvenient that the built-in stencils for Microsoft Visio are limited and it requires extra time and effort to search them manually and apply them in the business model. Visio should be offering their own store to get Stencils and document management utilities.

SmartDraw en Creately

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

Other software were tested on a trial basis and I found Vision to accommodate all the features and ease of use.
Muhammad Umair
  • Sector: Automotive

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Process flow diagram made easy with Visio

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2023

Deployment of Microsoft visio is quite easy for anybody who knows basic tools of oterh Microsoft Office suite. Is saves time by automatically connecting process flow equipments and events. Furthermore, drag and drop feature of diagrams in a huge canvas chart is highly appreciated.

Pluspunten

Making a process flow diagram along with relevant parameters and labeling them is very convenient with the Microsoft visio. It has a wide and diverse range of built in engineering process diagrams for almost all types of departments like utilities and plants.

Minpunten

I wish, animation feature of data presentation could be integrated with the visio. Although the most of the work out put from the visio is 2 dimensional, however Microsoft should adapt the 3d export feature for better data visualisation

Vincent
Vincent
  • Sector: Beveiliging en opsporing

A Superb Visualization Tool

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2022

Pluspunten

Vibrant end to end workflow cahrting software taht aids in illustrating concepts and workflows to the specific targeted audience. The ability of teh software to organize subgroups differently and independently is a huge plus. I also love the fact that I can readily import diagrams and insert them in other documents hustle free.

Minpunten

While it is almost perfect, there is a need to develop Visio for Android to allow for a more seamless working experience when I am off my laptop and on my tablet during travels.

EdrawMax en Lucidchart

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

Visio was definitely the cheaper option with a more comprehensive solution, and since we were already on the O365 plan, we chose to go this route.
Karolis
Karolis
  • Sector: Research
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Visio for simple drawings.

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2022

All in all, I am happy with Visio - the perfect tool when you need to make a fast electrical drawing which is later used as complimentary illustration to a document.

Pluspunten

I use Visio for electrical engineering and I like that its database has almost all needed electrical pictograms which I can drag and drop to my drawing. Sometimes I even learn about new electrical parts while searching in the databases. Also, since they are the most common ones, I am assured that everyone will understand my drawings. I do not need to create the pictograms from scratch and it speeds up my desing.

Minpunten

Size and distance control is an issue. For example, when I make two squares one inside another, I can control the square size. But I can not control precisely how far away they need to be from each other. Smooth control does not work. That sometimes causes some issues for me.

• Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Visio Is The Standard for Documenting

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2021

I have used Visio for diagraming networking and systems diagram, physical layouts, architectural diagrams, and even basic logic flowcharts. It has all the features one needs with various visual options, printing options, layout options for making organizing shapes easier, stencils already available and others you can import. Simply put, Visio is the standard for diagram and chart software.

Pluspunten

It is a feature rich software, adaptable to many different types of diagrams and charts; Gantt charts, office layouts, architectural, organizational, networking and systems diagrams, logic, etc.

Minpunten

Because of the price tag, its easily overlooked by many who favor something similar but free. Therefore it is often hard to collaborate with others on a chart.

Google Charts

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

Other tools simply don't offer the features that Visio has. Its nice that some software is online, but the installable client format usually ensures that performance and connectivity are not going to be an issue.
Glenn
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Visio for Flowcharts

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2024

Pluspunten

Ease of use and somewhat intuitive. It good to use if you have the Office Suite setup at your company.

Minpunten

Not many favorable options and it can be kind of clunky at times.

Bed Prakash
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best design and drawing tools for all Business

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2021

I am using Visio from my college. I use Visio on my every projects and assignments that required design and drawing. My first preference is Visio and if visio unable to complete my requirements then I useAutoCAD.

Pluspunten

Visio is one of the best products design by Microsoft. Specially I am using visio for my electical work like circuit design, floor electical installation model, machine flow analysis etc. I am 200% satisfied and always love to use for similar projects.

Minpunten

There is no demerites as far I know. It ia simple to use, though some features are not avaialble while comparing with CAD but it is ok in this price. Overall it has limited features but with excellent quality.

AutoCAD

Redenen om voor Visio te kiezen

AutoCAD takes too long to load and takes time to desing. I am using Visio as far as possible and if Visio fails then only I use CAD.

Overgestapt van

AutoCAD

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

Deu to its simple and user friendly interface, I choose Visio.
Jess
  • Sector: Olie en energie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Scientist Viewpoint

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019

Overall, I like this platform as sketch pad (my hand drawings are terrible and hard to read). It has made my cross-functional collaborations much easier since I have a good method transfer ideas that other engineering disciplines can also work in before migrating to high level systems (CREO, Mentor, etc).

Pluspunten

As someone who works in multi-functional engineering teams I find this to be a great collaboration platform. I can take my sensor idea and do some basic "hand" sketch type drawings to really highlight my thoughts and needs to my mechanical engineering colleagues. On the electrical engineering side I can create functional block diagrams describing my needs for the signal pathways and data analysis workflows. I also use this for test apparatus diagrams and mock ups for software user interfaces.

Minpunten

If you have no drafting/drawing experience this program can take awhile to get truly comfortable with. I don't find all the menus to be as intuitive as I would like. However, I only notice this if I am away from the software for an extended time period.

• Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best flowcharting and diagram package out there

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2021

I design software interfaces and algorithms within the application and find it so easy to get my ideas down diagrammatically in order to turn them into real applications

Pluspunten

Flexibility - easy to use for a multitude of tasks, from flowcharting to network design, swim lanes to manage teams, and so easy to view on mobile devices too with a plugin to view on the web, and an app to download both on Android and iOS!

Minpunten

Well, I would love Visio to be added to the Microsoft 365 system and be available as a editable app on iOS and Android, not just a read only application. For a new user it can be quite tricky to get started, but it is very simple to pick up

Thomas
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

Visio User

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2023

Pluspunten

Visio is used on a daily basis to create process flow charts and is easy to use, very intuitive, and requires very little training for our needs. Visio has worked quite well within our organization. We have a requirement that all SOP's and work instructions have a process flow map, and Visio solves our needs.

Minpunten

There are many more features than what are needed for our process

Adobe Creative Cloud

Redenen om voor Visio te kiezen

Needed a more powerful flow chart editor.

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

Many end users at our location are skilled in Microsoft Office, so there is a small learning curve while adding another Microsoft product.
Graham
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The standard for our charting needs

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020

Within our agency environment Visio is the only application we trust to deliver all of our charting and diagramming requirements within the Business Analysis team. It allows non-creative users to deliver competent charts for reports without relying on the Design team. The app is highly dependable and has developed to support new use cases over the years under Microsoft's parentage.

Pluspunten

- The standard application that allows charts to be authored and distributed across the agency and our clients
- Flexibility to create any of our charting needs, from flow charts to sitemaps and hosting architecture diagrams
- Simple interface to commence learning the capabilities
- Ability to download additional stencils for many charting needs which aren't available out-of-the-box

Minpunten

- Can seem expensive for casual and intermittent users
- User interface can seem alien for less-familiar users who are used to tools such as PowerPoint
- If the requirement is for a specific task such as drawing up a website sitemap Visio is hugely complicated in comparison to specifically focussed apps

Adobe Illustrator

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

Familiar MS Office interface, integrated into Office 365 subscriptions.
Adam
  • Sector: Bouwmaterialen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A long-time heavyweight is being re-born

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2023

As with many people, I have a love/hate relationship with Visio. On the one hand it is powerful and feature rich, and does a great job for what it is. On the other hand - it has it's quirks. I have a renewed hope as Microsoft continues to 're-build' Visio on the web, that it can be an easy choice in years to come.

Pluspunten

Visio is a robust, industry-standard mapping and diagramming software that has proven its use over the years. While complex to learn the desktop app, it is feature rich and powerful once you master it. Microsoft's recent effort over the past few years to build a 'lightweight' web app has been much appreciated and has modernized building and sharing basic diagrams across Microsoft 365 (with better licensing structure).

Minpunten

Visio desktop app is complicated and definitely has it's quirks. Once you learn your way around, it is powerful however. I look forward to the day the web app has feature parity in the areas I primarily use it, which is process mapping and general diagramming.

SmartDraw

Redenen om over te stappen op Visio

integration with Microsoft 365, past familiarity.
Timothy
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Very capable diagramming tool

Beoordeeld op 1-3-2021

Overall a very feature rich diagramming tool.

Overall sharing / file management was NOT Good....

Overall a very feature rich diagramming tool.

Overall sharing / file management was NOT Good. which was the dealbreaker for me.

Pluspunten

Overall Visio can do everything you need to in regards to diagramming. There are hundreds of shapes icons, tips, tricks etc... I spent 6+ months getting familiar with the program and once you have the hang of it you really can make amazing diagrams and visuals.

I really think you should be on the latest visio as there are older versions which default settings make all your diagrams look very old and outdated. But the newer version of Visio does have better visuals/colors etc which make your diagrams look more modern.

There are lots of keyboard shortcuts which are amazingly helpful, only downside is you have to learn them, which does take time.

Minpunten

I found Visio is clunky and hard to learn, and some of the features they tout like 'auto-align' I could never find useful. it always messed up the order / arrangement of the diagram.

Also the color themes and fonts tend to make the diagrams look a little outdated. Especially if you are on an older version of Visio. Anything earlier than 2019 I think has default settings which made my diagrams look like they were made in the 90s.

The other thing which was a PAIN is sharing diagrams, it makes it really difficult to keep a source of truth diagram and constantly be exporting it to PDF, always wondering who has the latest version etc... O365 should fix this, but I always found copies getting saved to my local and just exasperating the problem. More than once I had to make the same changes to a diagram cause I misplaced or lost an updated version. That is my biggest pain with visio, and is ultimately why I switched to Lucid Chart.

Neethu
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The simplest tool for visualising a process

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2023

When processes are more complex, I may elaborate them by threads or by pieces, which provides my presentations with diagrams and graphs a distinctive aspect and aids in my understanding of the processes. Because of the tool's adaptable templates, drawing is simple for me, and I can message my coworkers from it. I have cloud storage for all of my data.

Pluspunten

An enormous quantity of documentation, including flowcharts and business process diagrams, was a component of my position in my former product organisation as a business analyst who doubled as a product manager in software engineering. I had a lot of trouble using various free Word programmes and features until I learned about Visio. Every new customer's complicated business processes are studied and analysed, even though we provide enterprise solutions by providing flexibility in our product portfolio. Diagrams and flowcharts were unavoidable when trying to prove a point about how the process needed to be automated. Before Visio, creating diagrams took a lot of time. Visio assisted us in streamlining this specific task. An outdated diagram may be easily copied, modified, and then used in another document. The ability to modify schematics and need for reduced editing time are further benefits of employing vision. The drag and drop ability and stencils in Visio make it beautiful for creating diagrams. It's also fantastic to have a great collection of forms. I've utilised the organisational chart function a few times. When we have a thorough reporting structure, the import capability is really beneficial. Current data overlay allows us to quickly see the big picture by allowing us to see live data within the context of an organisational structure, business process, or manufacturing process flow. Once you become proficient using Visio, you are less likely to switch to any other

Minpunten

There is no denying that it is an excellent tool. The answer, though, is to subscribe to the online version due to the high price. Visio can be a little more understandable if the shapes provide some meaning or hint at the aim.

Sreekumar
  • Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Awesome professional diagrams and flow charts

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018

Pluspunten

As a Business Analyst cum Product Manager in Software Engineering, tremendous amount of documentation including business process diagrams, and flowcharts were part of my role in my previous product organization. Before learning Visio, I have tried many free apps, and capabilities with in word and struggled a lot.

While we make enterprise solutions by offering customization in our product suite, it is quite normal to study and analysis complex business processes of every new customer. To make a case - the process to be automated, solution, estimation, and design, diagrams and flowcharts were inevitable. Making diagrams eat a lot of time before Visio. Visio helped us to streamline this particular activity. It is pretty simple to copy an old diagram, make a few modifications and use it in another document. Another advantage in using vision is scope for modifications and less time to edit the diagrams.

The beauty of Visio is stencils and drag and drop feature to build diagrams. Also it is awesome to have an excellent repository of shapes.

Couple of times, I have used the organization chart feature. The import feature is very much helpful when we have a comprehensive reporting hierarchy.

Live data overlay which enables us to visualize live data in the context of a org structure, a business process, or a manufacturing process flow to get the big picture in one glance.

Once you master Visio, it is less likely that you switch to any other tool for diagrams and process flows.

Provision to collaborate on diagrams simultaneously is a big relief when many users work on a diagram

Minpunten

It is a fantastic tool and no doubt on its capabilities. However pricing is heavy and the solution is subscribing to online version.
If the shapes show some meaning or suggest the purpose, Visio can be a bit more intuitive.

Zubairu
  • Sector: Kantoorbenodigdheden

My Visio Honest Reviews

Beoordeeld op 23-2-2023

Pluspunten

These are what I mostly like about Visio: 1. Versatile: Visio allows you to create a wide range of diagrams and charts, including flowcharts, organization charts, network diagrams, process diagrams, and more.User-friendly: Visio has a simple and intuitive interface, making it easy to create and edit diagrams even for those who are not familiar with the software.2. Customizable: Visio provides a range of templates and shapes that can be customized to meet your specific needs. You can also create your own shapes and templates to save time in future projects.3. Integration: Visio can integrate with other Microsoft Office tools, such as Excel and PowerPoint, making it easier to import data and graphics into your diagrams.4. Collaboration: Visio allows for real-time collaboration, so you can work with others on the same diagram at the same time, which can be particularly useful for teams working remotely.

Minpunten

These are limitations of the software:Cost: Visio is a paid software, and the cost can be a barrier for smaller businesses or individuals.Limited platform support: Visio is only available for Windows operating systems, so Mac and Linux users may need to find alternative software or use a virtual machine to run Visio.Learning curve: While Visio is user-friendly, there is still a learning curve for those who are not familiar with the software. It can take some time to understand all the features and tools available.File compatibility: Visio files may not be compatible with other software or platforms, which can be a problem if you need to share your diagrams with others who do not have Visio.Limited online features: Visio does not have a robust online collaboration or sharing features, which can be a disadvantage if you need to work with others in different locations.

Waleed
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The simplest way to draw the organizational Charts and workflow diagrams and clarify relationsh...

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2022

The most important things that I have benefited from Visio, is the design of the organizational structure and workflow diagrams in a professional manner, in a short time, and most importantly, it has an amazing visual representation. Which helps everyone to understand relationships and responsibilities in a simple way.

Pluspunten

Currently, Visio is the most user-friendly diagramming tool accessible. Visio is perhaps the most effective tool for presenting, explaining, and refining your concepts. Plans, flowcharts, and other visual aids. As a result of its flexibility, Visio also offers a wide range of tools such as freeform filling tools and pick-and-pointer tools, in addition to the ability to modify existing drawings. It's a great tool for visualizing difficult concepts. Many ready-to-use templates are available, including flowcharts, timelines, and floor plans. In addition to being unique, the templates allow you to display a lot of information quickly. Making use of its quick search feature, you may quickly identify necessary data elements while also being able to create visual representations of data relationships through the addition and connection of shapes, text, and images.

Minpunten

Not big problems, but sometimes I find it difficult to make changes to a large scheme that includes many shapes and lines, and it becomes cumbersome at that time.

Mandeep
Mandeep
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Microsoft Visio is the best software for your diagram design and documentation of organization...

Beoordeeld op 10-11-2018

I have been using this software as a part of my daily job requirements and I can say this is the best software one can get to work on various types of diagrams to suit to your business and organizational requirements.

Pluspunten

Microsoft Visio is the best software for serving the purpose of diagrams designs. It's capabilities to provide the best diagram templates for data flow diagrams, floor plans, building plans are among the best features.
I have been using this software for preparing DFD's and flowcharts as part of my regular job requirements and I can say this is best software for such accomplishments since it offer varities of templates that I can just pick and go for doing my job with ease.
According to me what makes this software stand out is its ability to pick the data from the MS Excess and MS Access which makes it best piece of software for working on diagram requirements in an organization.

Minpunten

Though it is very easy to use for those who have a little bit of experience using the Visio, however if you are starting with the software the you may find it little bit difficult to understand and get going so I would recommend anyone who is planning to use the software to spend some time with the software and get used to it and then you will find it easier and very useful and effective to accomplish your requirements.

Thamara
Thamara
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

Diagrams easily and effectively

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2018

Visio has allowed me to create the engineering practice layout. As well as, I have used it for the creation of maps, flow charts, free elements, among others

In my area of work it is very helpful because it is process oriented so it is always necessary to elaborate process diagrams

Pluspunten

the simplicity and effectiveness of use, are characteristics that distinguish this powerful office tool.

Visio has themes that you can select for the realization of particular diagrams of both form and objects. This office tool can be included from the editable mode in other tools of the office itself.

Visio integrates all conventional office options into an ideal tool for diagramming. It has a simple menu like what we are used to with office, also of options that add value to the design.

You should not be afraid to insert images or elements because the tool easily allows it. I include a simple edition

Minpunten

When I try to insert the editable visio in power point, the visualization is difficult to handle elements from there.

From visio to include an image the size can get to be very small, it is necessary to be attentive to the size with which you are designing from visio.

If you want to open a visio file in tools in the cloud, it is not an easy task, since the particularity of this tool is directly with Microsoft Office.

Kim

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the "killer apps" alive today

Beoordeeld op 8-6-2017

Too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words' is very true and this product helps bring ideas to life.

Pluspunten

Granted it was purchased by Microsoft from Visio Corporation in 2000 but it hasn't lost a thing, which is quite unbelievable. In fact, it has gotten better over the years. I have to say it is truly one of the most "beautiful" pieces of software I've ever used. From the flow of the user interface to the creation of almost any type of diagram, Visio has been there for me since day one. The ability to layer diagrams and images can not be beat. With some additional VBA work in the tool, it can not be beat for ease of use and flexibility. It can also connect to a database and create ER diagrams. It also has UML which can almost turn directly into code. Almost. It's not quite there. Yet.

Minpunten

It will come as no surprise that the price is what is the most absurd. The pricing of the product lines will take this software out of reach of casual users. For doing any truly useful work, the Professional version is almost double the Standard version. Microsoft needs to lower the cost to increase its market penetration in some sectors. Otherwise, a solid all-around product.