1.865 reviews

Visio

Diagramvorming, procesmodellering en gegevensvisualisatie

4,5 /5 (1865 review) Schrijf een review!

• Functies
heeft deze app aanbevolen
1.865 reviews
Matthew R.
  • Sector: Overheidsadministratie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

An easy vector based diagram tool

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019

Overall, Visio is a great tool and has been improved a lot over the years. The quality it produces and the precision of measurment, gives you that peace of mind. It's not too difficult to master and you can easily start using it without major training.

Pluspunten

Visio makes creating diagrams satisfying. It is generally quite easy to use but is packed with a lot of features the more you dig into it. It has helped us create visually appeasing diagrams that don't take long to put together. Visio's template and icon support is another great little feature, which helps add to the visuals and accuracy.

Minpunten

Though it's a great tool, it's not the cheapest and sometimes the implementation or 'previews' make it difficult to share files with those who don't have visio. Though you can save files as regular jpegs/PDFs etc. it can sometimes be frustrating to share and edit with those who don't have it.

Jerry A.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Invaluable software for documenting entire computer network. Full of features, full of...

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018

Biggest benefit this gives us, after having used it for so long and put a lot of work into it, is great visibility into the design of our entire network: firewalls, routers, switches, servers; building layouts, cabling paths; access points, desktops, phones, printers. Everything is organized so well, we can easily lookup physical locations, switch ports, and cable paths, making troubleshooting much less difficult for our IT Technicians and Interns.

Pluspunten

It's pretty powerful and full of features and niceties. Using this software, we've been able to fully document our existing network, document all upgrades and changes. We've even used it to integrate into our Active Directory network to build out organizational charts. It has shapes and templates for just about everything we've needed: org charts, switching and routing diagrams, individual switch cabling, diagrams for documenting our server racks, our phone system, work flows, and building layouts. We recently more than doubled the size of our building, and this software has helped us to document everything in the new building, and keep track of upgrades in our existing buildings. Software is easy to use, so our interns have been able to jump right in and start working with all of its features.

Minpunten

It does seem to use a lot more memory than other Office programs, so it does tend to crash a lot on us. Mostly when we're using some of its more advanced features like integrating it into Exchange/Active Directory. Even still, it works well at what it does, we just need PCs that have a lot of memory to ease the user experience.

Kim C.

• Klantenondersteuning

Visio 2013 still top notch!

Beoordeeld op 25-12-2017

Pluspunten

Visio 2013 has raised the bar for the challengers. While I already enjoyed using Visio 2010, I now really enjoy Visio 2013. The addition of the ribbon interface now makes it easier to set up and enter frequently used features along with providing a very workable interface to add drawings, pictures and any other diagrams needed to make business flow. I use this tool almost every day to produce and refine presentations to staff and managers. I particularly like the workflow diagrams which allow me to get my point across as to where the resources are used most heavily in day to day business.

Although I've looked at other tools, I still believe this tool is the best value for the money and for interoperability with other systems.

Minpunten

While there is not much to dislike about this software, there are some features which leave something to be desired. An example is the ease of placing headers and footers on the diagram. Now, it seems that we have to use the title feature which only allows headers and footers as background layers for the Visio diagram. I'm not sure I like this feature. I think there needs to be functionality that allows the user more flexibility in designing and entering headers and footer with ease. The current functionality permitted by Visio 2013 is somewhat clunky. There should be an easier way.

Kim C.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the "killer apps" alive today

Beoordeeld op 8-6-2017

Too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words' is very true and this product helps bring ideas to life.

Pluspunten

Granted it was purchased by Microsoft from Visio Corporation in 2000 but it hasn't lost a thing, which is quite unbelievable. In fact, it has gotten better over the years. I have to say it is truly one of the most "beautiful" pieces of software I've ever used. From the flow of the user interface to the creation of almost any type of diagram, Visio has been there for me since day one. The ability to layer diagrams and images can not be beat. With some additional VBA work in the tool, it can not be beat for ease of use and flexibility. It can also connect to a database and create ER diagrams. It also has UML which can almost turn directly into code. Almost. It's not quite there. Yet.

Minpunten

It will come as no surprise that the price is what is the most absurd. The pricing of the product lines will take this software out of reach of casual users. For doing any truly useful work, the Professional version is almost double the Standard version. Microsoft needs to lower the cost to increase its market penetration in some sectors. Otherwise, a solid all-around product.

Amit G.
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Excellent tool for mockups and workflow

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2020

Microsoft Visio is one of the best application for designing of wireframes, mockups, workflow etc. You can find various alternatives over the web but when we talk of performance on desktop system, Visio will come at first place. My overall experience is good and its really wonderful. I am able to express myself in terms of designing wireframes successfully through this.

Pluspunten

Microsoft VISIO is awesome application. I am using it since 2008 and have used various versions of it. Visio is wonderful desktop application which runs smoothly. It consists of many inbuilt tools andd diagram shape which helps you in creating awesome documents such as 1) Mockups 2) wireframes 3) Flowchart 4) Workflow design 5)creating network topology diagram 6) Process documentation etc.

Its drag & drop feature elements, grouping/un-grouping feature is awesome. Micorosoft office related shortcut commands work perfectly.

Minpunten

The problem with microsoft applications that these are costly. Visio is similarly costly product and its lighter version not available for cheaper prices. Product feature wise i can say that its is weaker on mockup design for Android and iPhone mobile apps wireframes, microsoft should add such stencils also in this application so that people continue to use it.

Graham B.
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The standard for our charting needs

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020

Within our agency environment Visio is the only application we trust to deliver all of our charting and diagramming requirements within the Business Analysis team. It allows non-creative users to deliver competent charts for reports without relying on the Design team. The app is highly dependable and has developed to support new use cases over the years under Microsoft's parentage.

Pluspunten

- The standard application that allows charts to be authored and distributed across the agency and our clients
- Flexibility to create any of our charting needs, from flow charts to sitemaps and hosting architecture diagrams
- Simple interface to commence learning the capabilities
- Ability to download additional stencils for many charting needs which aren't available out-of-the-box

Minpunten

- Can seem expensive for casual and intermittent users
- User interface can seem alien for less-familiar users who are used to tools such as PowerPoint
- If the requirement is for a specific task such as drawing up a website sitemap Visio is hugely complicated in comparison to specifically focussed apps

Thamara P.
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

Diagrams easily and effectively

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2018

Visio has allowed me to create the engineering practice layout. As well as, I have used it for the creation of maps, flow charts, free elements, among others

In my area of work it is very helpful because it is process oriented so it is always necessary to elaborate process diagrams

Pluspunten

the simplicity and effectiveness of use, are characteristics that distinguish this powerful office tool.

Visio has themes that you can select for the realization of particular diagrams of both form and objects. This office tool can be included from the editable mode in other tools of the office itself.

Visio integrates all conventional office options into an ideal tool for diagramming. It has a simple menu like what we are used to with office, also of options that add value to the design.

You should not be afraid to insert images or elements because the tool easily allows it. I include a simple edition

Minpunten

When I try to insert the editable visio in power point, the visualization is difficult to handle elements from there.

From visio to include an image the size can get to be very small, it is necessary to be attentive to the size with which you are designing from visio.

If you want to open a visio file in tools in the cloud, it is not an easy task, since the particularity of this tool is directly with Microsoft Office.

Mandeep J.
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Microsoft Visio is the best software for your diagram design and documentation of organization...

Beoordeeld op 10-11-2018

I have been using this software as a part of my daily job requirements and I can say this is the best software one can get to work on various types of diagrams to suit to your business and organizational requirements.

Pluspunten

Microsoft Visio is the best software for serving the purpose of diagrams designs. It's capabilities to provide the best diagram templates for data flow diagrams, floor plans, building plans are among the best features.
I have been using this software for preparing DFD's and flowcharts as part of my regular job requirements and I can say this is best software for such accomplishments since it offer varities of templates that I can just pick and go for doing my job with ease.
According to me what makes this software stand out is its ability to pick the data from the MS Excess and MS Access which makes it best piece of software for working on diagram requirements in an organization.

Minpunten

Though it is very easy to use for those who have a little bit of experience using the Visio, however if you are starting with the software the you may find it little bit difficult to understand and get going so I would recommend anyone who is planning to use the software to spend some time with the software and get used to it and then you will find it easier and very useful and effective to accomplish your requirements.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Microsoft Visio

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019

I have been using Visio since 2002. This is the only program which I used consistently almost every day. I develop icons, drawings, flow charts and flyers all in Visio. It is not very restrictive but it is quite loose. I have to make my own templates which may also go wrong. But with experience, once gets better with Visio.

Pluspunten

There are a few strong points in MS Visio. First is its ability to work with vectors. It can easily import SVG graphics, edit their individual lines and then being able to export the SVG again. The export can also be done in PDF. This makes the whole experience of working with graphics like icons so easy. There is no need for programs like Illustrator or Inskscape. Another good feature is that Visio contains thousands of symbols from various categories like electrical engineering, mechanics, etc. That is also useful while building the flow charts and diagrams.

Minpunten

One annoying part in Visio is combining the lines into a single plan so that it can be filled with a color. When you select all of the connected lines and click Join or Combine ( in Operations), the task is done without an error. But then when you try to fill a pattern or color into that area, it does not work, just because it did not really join the lines. I could never find a way to get this resolved. The only way is to keep trying by reconnecting the line again and again.

Gabriella N.
  • Sector: Mijnbouw en metalen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good for demonstrating understanding and reporting

Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021

It has a great layout and it's really good for drawing process flows specifically those that are not complex.

Pluspunten

Visio is an academic standard and I started actively using it during my undergraduate studies. I have used it to draw Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) for metallurgical plants both in school and a bit at work. It’s really good for demonstrating understanding and reporting.

Visio’s grid layout and the user interface are easy to use, they make it easy to maneuver between plant work and theory. I have been able to use Visio to document and draw out my observations from the plant which enabled me to draw theoretical conclusions. This process is quite helpful in getting to know and understand a new site; solve problems & identifying room for process improvement; and Visio has instrumental in me doing this.

At first, I was unhappy realizing that some industry-specific icons and shapes are not found among the standard Visio objects but soon realized that I can add custom objects as a picture which works fine especially for demonstration purposes.

Minpunten

When drawing a complex PFD connecting objects can become hard. The connector detects all nearby objects, and in a complex diagram, there are several nearby objects. In this instance, I have found it hard to drag the connector to the right object. There are alternative ways such as clicking instead of dragging but this results in a connection that most of the time is placed where you do not want it. Most of the time it's either too far out or too jagged where fixing it is harder than dragging it.
It would help if there could be a painless way of adding connectors between objects that are close to each other?

Jess F.
  • Sector: Olie en energie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Scientist Viewpoint

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019

Overall, I like this platform as sketch pad (my hand drawings are terrible and hard to read). It has made my cross-functional collaborations much easier since I have a good method transfer ideas that other engineering disciplines can also work in before migrating to high level systems (CREO, Mentor, etc).

Pluspunten

As someone who works in multi-functional engineering teams I find this to be a great collaboration platform. I can take my sensor idea and do some basic "hand" sketch type drawings to really highlight my thoughts and needs to my mechanical engineering colleagues. On the electrical engineering side I can create functional block diagrams describing my needs for the signal pathways and data analysis workflows. I also use this for test apparatus diagrams and mock ups for software user interfaces.

Minpunten

If you have no drafting/drawing experience this program can take awhile to get truly comfortable with. I don't find all the menus to be as intuitive as I would like. However, I only notice this if I am away from the software for an extended time period.

Sreekumar J.
  • Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Awesome professional diagrams and flow charts

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018

Pluspunten

As a Business Analyst cum Product Manager in Software Engineering, tremendous amount of documentation including business process diagrams, and flowcharts were part of my role in my previous product organization. Before learning Visio, I have tried many free apps, and capabilities with in word and struggled a lot.

While we make enterprise solutions by offering customization in our product suite, it is quite normal to study and analysis complex business processes of every new customer. To make a case - the process to be automated, solution, estimation, and design, diagrams and flowcharts were inevitable. Making diagrams eat a lot of time before Visio. Visio helped us to streamline this particular activity. It is pretty simple to copy an old diagram, make a few modifications and use it in another document. Another advantage in using vision is scope for modifications and less time to edit the diagrams.

The beauty of Visio is stencils and drag and drop feature to build diagrams. Also it is awesome to have an excellent repository of shapes.

Couple of times, I have used the organization chart feature. The import feature is very much helpful when we have a comprehensive reporting hierarchy.

Live data overlay which enables us to visualize live data in the context of a org structure, a business process, or a manufacturing process flow to get the big picture in one glance.

Once you master Visio, it is less likely that you switch to any other tool for diagrams and process flows.

Provision to collaborate on diagrams simultaneously is a big relief when many users work on a diagram

Minpunten

It is a fantastic tool and no doubt on its capabilities. However pricing is heavy and the solution is subscribing to online version.
If the shapes show some meaning or suggest the purpose, Visio can be a bit more intuitive.

Steve F.
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Visio is your type of drawing and diagram software if you are not a CAD expert

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019

- I have drawn hundreds of drawings in Visio, from Network drawings to Architectural drawings to Flow Charts and Engineering drawings for parts fabrication.
- It took me a long time to master Visio for complicated drawings but now I would never use anything else.
- Visio drawings always impress the boss.

Pluspunten

- It can draw anything you can think of
- There are many pre-defined symbols that can be dragged and dropped into a drawing
- Pre-defined symbols can be easily incorporated into your drawing with connectors that snap to connection points and can then be dragged to other parts of the drawing.
- It can print your drawing onto any size paper you select
- Drawings, objects, symbols, lines and connectors can be colored using the standard Windows colors.
- Objects and symbols can have data embedded into them from a database or used to create a database.
- There is an almost unlimited amount of help available from boards and users on the web.
- You can import AutoCAD drawings and change them.
- Drawings can be exported into AutoCAD format.

Minpunten

- There is a very long learning curve.
- It uses the typical Microsoft help function which cannot find things using plain English queries. (Google is MUCH better)
- It may be difficult to find the thing you want to do as there are some many functions.
- The Microsoft "Ribbon" can be a real pain when trying to find a function. It can waste a huge amount of time.
- If you know the name of the function, you can put into the "What do you want to do" search function but if you find it there, it does not show you where, in the Ribbon, that function is, so you do not have the opportunity to learn
- It can be quite cumbersome, when working on something and then needing to do something else, which requires many moves from the drawing to the Ribbon and back.
- The Ribbon
- You use the Pointer a lot but it requires a trip to the Ribbon when you are doing anything else and need the pointer, like text.
- It is very expensive, even when subscribed to it in Office 365.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great tool to draw Flowcharts , Process flows and Network drawings!!

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

I'm using Visio for my daily work when I need to draw flowcharts, business process and more importantly for network drawings and rack drawings. Early I was using Ms word and powerpoint for these but both of them were unable to deliver what I want so I switch to Ms Visio. Visio is a great tool to get a professional quality output without much effort. GUI is very easy to use and templates cover most of the daily business requirements and even easy to find many templates online and use it. I'm using original stencils for all my drawings ( Network and Rack diagrams )which gives me perfect output. So overall I really recommend MS Visio...

Pluspunten

Easier to learn and use it even for a beginner who never used Visio or any proper software.
The richness of the templates in the library and even the possibility to download additional templates as per your requirement.
Available many stencils with most of the brands (HP, Cisco, Dell, etc.) when using to draw network diagrams.

Minpunten

You need to pay separately for license costs even you have Office Professional or Office 365.
Need to convert to PDF or another version to view it , if you don't have Visio to see it.

Timothy L.
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Very capable diagramming tool

Beoordeeld op 1-3-2021

Overall a very feature rich diagramming tool.

Overall sharing / file management was NOT Good. which was the dealbreaker for me.

Pluspunten

Overall Visio can do everything you need to in regards to diagramming. There are hundreds of shapes icons, tips, tricks etc... I spent 6+ months getting familiar with the program and once you have the hang of it you really can make amazing diagrams and visuals.

I really think you should be on the latest visio as there are older versions which default settings make all your diagrams look very old and outdated. But the newer version of Visio does have better visuals/colors etc which make your diagrams look more modern.

There are lots of keyboard shortcuts which are amazingly helpful, only downside is you have to learn them, which does take time.

Minpunten

I found Visio is clunky and hard to learn, and some of the features they tout like 'auto-align' I could never find useful. it always messed up the order / arrangement of the diagram.

Also the color themes and fonts tend to make the diagrams look a little outdated. Especially if you are on an older version of Visio. Anything earlier than 2019 I think has default settings which made my diagrams look like they were made in the 90s.

The other thing which was a PAIN is sharing diagrams, it makes it really difficult to keep a source of truth diagram and constantly be exporting it to PDF, always wondering who has the latest version etc... O365 should fix this, but I always found copies getting saved to my local and just exasperating the problem. More than once I had to make the same changes to a diagram cause I misplaced or lost an updated version. That is my biggest pain with visio, and is ultimately why I switched to Lucid Chart.

Oliwia P.
  • Sector: Medische apparatuur

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Visio - great tool for diagrams and flowcharts

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2021

Visio is very helpful tool for production processes, flowcharts and diagrams. On daily basis it helps visualize production aspects and presents its processes for engineers and quality assurance.

Pluspunten

I like that using Visio you can present workflow, flowcharts, diagrams and even project plans! The software have very wide range of applications for production areas, financial, science and project management. When you get used to it, you will not be willing to change it. After using Visio from 3 years mostly for production purposes, I cannot imagine my job without it.

Minpunten

For beginners Visio may be quite confusing because of loads of options and details. Furthermore the software is expensive expecially when not used daily.

Karolis S.
  • Sector: Halfgeleiders
  • Anders 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Visio for academical use

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021

All in all, the software is great for beginners regarding when creating circuitry drawings.

Pluspunten

The most liked feature of Visio was its user friendliness and how easy was to use it. I needed this software to draw electrical PCB circuitry for studies. I found it very easy to do, no confusing layers or other difficult professional hard-to-understand tools. I just needed a circuit and it was easy to draw it. Then it was easy to print it or save it and I had the final product within minutes without spending too much time learning how to use the software. Also, very easy to install it as usually it comes with MS Office packet.

Minpunten

I found some issues with the software such as:
1. there is no preset about drawing frames. When you are doing a technical drawing, you need to use specific frames on the paper which includes metadata for the drawing as per industry requirements. You had to make one and use for all your drawings as a template and to create such frame is not easy.
2. Symbols of drawings (for example resistance) is not always according to European standard. When including figures they should be for both USA and EU standards.

Chris S.
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Visio Is The Standard for Documenting

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2021

I have used Visio for diagraming networking and systems diagram, physical layouts, architectural diagrams, and even basic logic flowcharts. It has all the features one needs with various visual options, printing options, layout options for making organizing shapes easier, stencils already available and others you can import. Simply put, Visio is the standard for diagram and chart software.

Pluspunten

It is a feature rich software, adaptable to many different types of diagrams and charts; Gantt charts, office layouts, architectural, organizational, networking and systems diagrams, logic, etc.

Minpunten

Because of the price tag, its easily overlooked by many who favor something similar but free. Therefore it is often hard to collaborate with others on a chart.

Chris L.
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best flowcharting and diagram package out there

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2021

I design software interfaces and algorithms within the application and find it so easy to get my ideas down diagrammatically in order to turn them into real applications

Pluspunten

Flexibility - easy to use for a multitude of tasks, from flowcharting to network design, swim lanes to manage teams, and so easy to view on mobile devices too with a plugin to view on the web, and an app to download both on Android and iOS!

Minpunten

Well, I would love Visio to be added to the Microsoft 365 system and be available as a editable app on iOS and Android, not just a read only application. For a new user it can be quite tricky to get started, but it is very simple to pick up

Chirag S.
  • Sector: Verzekeringen

Process diagram standardization with Visio

Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021

We've diagrammed a significant portion of our company's operations using Visio. This has highlighted, visually, where inefficiencies are. There are several touch-points in each process. Visualizing touch points has helped us think critically where staff's time can be saved through automation and reduce pain points for staff.

Pluspunten

Visio appears to be an industry leader and standard for process diagramming. I love the speed with which we can create process diagrams in Visio. We use Visio web interface, which is less-featured than Professional version, but is very functional for small and medium business. Web version is also easiest for users to see the diagrams and edit them.

Minpunten

I don't like compatibility issues between Visio web version and Professional desktop version. To work around that, we use web version consistently. Web version's limited feature-set is more tolerable than fixing compatibility issues.

Nitin B.
  • Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Good Tool

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2021

Architect diagrams are easy to create and accurate representation of the infrastructure or information

Pluspunten

This is very good tool, it help me to build the infrastructure diagrams and document the details. I can easily get the icons to show acutely and easy to understand

Minpunten

Connection between two components is sometime tricky need much expertise to do it. Changing a line sometimes messes the diagrams

Chaya W.
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Visio – professional in diagram drawing

Beoordeeld op 15-4-2019

Visio is one of the tools which is used by most of the people for drawing diagrams and charts. Because of the easiness in drawing and and professional look of the final product this application is more famous in the industry more specifically in IT industry.

Pluspunten

Visio has become one of the major applications which is used in drawing diagrams in the industry. Visio has become almost an official tool in diagraming as it is vastly used In most of the companies in creating diagrams related to their business plans and projects. There are various types of diagrams provided through the application . So the users can draw any type of a diagram according to their requirement from the given diagram types. Because of the large number of diagram types provide by the application users’ does not need to search different software to draw different diagrams which saves both the time and money of the user. Visio offers different editions like Standard, professional and pro with particularly improved functions per each edition. Also Visio created diagrams can be imported in another similar diagram drawing software and do further modifications. Even the diagrams drawn by some selected software can be opened through Visio and edit them. Visio offers both desktop and online versions for the users which helps the users to use the product whenever they want wheatear they are connected to internet or not.

Minpunten

Visio is not a platform independent software. So far Visio is only available for windows operating system. It does not supports mac os or Linux or any other operating system. Which has limited the usage of the application only for the users using windows. Though there are different editions users have to pay for each edition with more facilities. And the price need to be payed seems to be unfair considering the same category applications. Though there is a desktop version in Visio it is not constantly updated. Updates are available for the desktop version within few years time period. So it is bit difficult to work with the desktop version.

Eric S.
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Quick charts and graphs made on the fly

Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021

For office use its great and works well even on a pc that isn't the fastest. I can pull up a flow chart or drawing when needed from email and the files are very small.

Pluspunten

Very easy installation and setup of product that can be opened by users. It's not that large and helps me understand the flow of things from customer or upper management

Minpunten

Its a bit restricted and wish they collaborated more with autocad and other software for quick access to drawings

Andrew P.
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

Process Development Tool with layers

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019

Visio has helped me take conversations and brainstorming sessions and demonstrate how they would actually work. So often there is a good intention on trying something new, but it is important to get everyone on the same page. This tool has helped do that.

I have also extensively used Visio as a training tool. I will link the diagrams to other portals and tools that we use, so that the workflow document is something of a link aggregator for all the steps involved. This has made the hand-off from training to implementation much easier.

Pluspunten

I like that I can use Visio to easily demonstrate workflows and process improvement ideas. There is a range of understanding for software like Visio. I do not use it to automate at my place of work, but I use it extensively for visual learners when implementing or discussing new processes, procedures, and ideas. Often I have co-workers take these designs and display them for their team as a physical reminder, others are more intuitive and I work with them to develop interactive workflows (with links, actions, etc.)

Minpunten

There are some elements to how you design that are not intuitive. I usually spend about 15 minutes with users who download the software to demonstrate how they can make their flows and diagrams. The organization chart is particularly more cumbersome than advertised, but even so, I have users who use it for this purpose. Online resources are sparse as well, and I often am troubleshooting when trying new methods.

Michael K.
  • Sector: Tabak

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The tool for visual mathematicians

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2020

I love it for the purpose it was intended for. I don't think I could find anything better. Most of the time I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Just don't let yourself get in a spot where you need to write your own code to generate your charts automatically because the API and help for it would require another degree just for this product.

Pluspunten

It can connect to a wide range of data sources to present data in your charts. It has a wide range of abilities through the various add-ons and tools. The range of standard drawing objects is huge and you can create your own if you know what you are doing.

Minpunten

It sucks for trying to program against it. Every drawing object has its own properties, methods and behaviors. It is a real nightmare if you need to integrate it into an automation system. The only one I have found that might be worse is Outlook and that would depend on what you were doing.