Mindbody

Business management software voor gezondheid- en wellnessbedrijven

(2.781)

• Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

MINDBODY: Unleashing the Power for Your Spa, Yoga Studio, or Fitness Centre

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2023

Having worked as a front desk employee at various businesses that use the MINDBODY system, including yoga studios, spas, and massage centers, I can attest to its efficiency and effectiveness. The software is designed specifically to meet the unique needs of these types of businesses and provides a comprehensive set of features for managing appointments, scheduling, and payment processing. What I appreciated most about the system was its user-friendly interface, which made it easy for me to quickly look up class schedules, book customers into classes, and process payments with minimal delays. Overall, I highly recommend the MINDBODY system to anyone looking for a powerful and reliable business management solution for their wellness business.

Pluspunten

As someone who has been using MINDBODY for some time now, I can confidently attest to the numerous benefits that come with this program. One of the standout features is the all-in-one solution it provides for businesses seeking point-of-sale, scheduling, and online booking capabilities. This not only saves time but also money, making it a cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes.Another major advantage of using MINDBODY is the quality of customer service provided. Their team is always responsive, helpful, and efficient in addressing any concerns or issues that may arise. And with the software's accessibility from anywhere, thanks to their user-friendly mobile platform, you can easily manage your business on the go without any inconvenience.

Minpunten

As someone who uses MINDBODY, I want to mention some of the downsides that I've experienced. One significant disadvantage is the software's complexity and lack of user-friendliness. Navigating the program can be a daunting task, and the layout is not at all intuitive. As a result, training new employees can be a significant challenge and a time-consuming process that can cause frustration.

Kurt
Kurt

MindBody for Small Gym

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a...

MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pluspunten

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Minpunten

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Zen Planner en Zendesk Suite

Redenen om voor Mindbody te kiezen

RhinoFit didn't have the flexibility I needed and wasn't as intuitive

RhinoFit
David
  • Sector: Detailhandel

LIGHTYEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2020

My experience was $500 per month at two locations of nigthmares, frustration, and apologies for clients. I truly should have left them years ago, but don't like making clients switch POS systems more than once in 5 years, and I should have just done it sooner.

Pluspunten

The only thing good about this software is the App on the customer facing side.

Minpunten

Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

Fresha

Redenen om voor Mindbody te kiezen

Booker was even worse... an easy bar to exceed.

Redenen om over te stappen op Mindbody

I left Mindbody for Fresha, and it's the best software I have used by a mile. Not only is the App smooth, defect free, attractive, and intuitive, it was also HUNDREDS of dollars a month CHEAPER! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Fresha. They continue to innovate and work within the beauty and hair industry to make the best product. Boulevard is a new up and comer, but even that I tried is far behind Fresha in value.
Sheila

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

You get one stop shopping

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2023

Now that sone other softwares are starting to track package usage, they will need to stay ahead of the race or they may loose me. There is a limit that , when they will have priced themselves out of consideration.

Pluspunten

MINDBODY has been the only booking software I have used. I left briefly and boy was I surprised. I know they are the most expensive but I was able to cancel other contracts that I used and put that money towards MINDBODY. Their system is the easiest to understand, work with, set up and use. Visibly easy to follow directions and very intuitive.

Minpunten

The price. When I started with MINDBODY, I had many benefits with my subscription. As the years have passed, they took away all of the benefits except the extreme basics and moved them into the higher priced subscriptions. I held off as long as I could before finally going to the higher subscriptions. They have done an excellent job in developing marketing, emails or texts. As a massage therapist I am not technically savvy so I welcome, not having to get other vendors to help market, manage my online presence.

Rosalinda

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

MINDBODY Review

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019

Currently using mindbody to manage:
our clients and collect payments.
KPI reporting
Would like...

Currently using mindbody to manage:
our clients and collect payments.
KPI reporting
Would like more upgrades to better manage inventory reports.

Pluspunten

It is very user friendly and can get to the detail needed to successfully manage clients.

Minpunten

When you ask for software upgrades or make suggestions you never know if you are heard and if something will be done. There really is no voice to say we hear you. I would also suggest MB periodically reach out to different levels of users and ask for specific software feedback.
Also do not like that you are only allowed to update branded app photos once a year and you cannot send out push notifications that are not active purchasing links.

WellnessLiving

WellnessLiving

Redenen om over te stappen op Mindbody

The mindbody platform is more inspiring and overall I felt they were more committed to helping me and my business grow.
Stephanie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019

Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Pluspunten

It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Minpunten

I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

Vagaro

Redenen om voor Mindbody te kiezen

I needed more functionality than it provided. Honestly, I also tried Booker, Full Slate, and Massage Book.

Bookeo

Redenen om over te stappen op Mindbody

It came recommended from my mentor.
Yakira
Yakira

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Great Interface, Difficult to Navigate, Addt'l Charges, Not Customizable

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2019

MBO functions like you'd expect a very large, very vast business to function - tons of features that you pay for but only a portion of which are usable or easy to access/understand. Super inflexible for making changes or to accommodate any customization. Customer service is nice and easy to access, a recent change to their credit. They also have their app dialed in, which was a huge win for us.

Pluspunten

Super streamlined UX for the branded app
Easy to reach customer service
Great analytics dashboard for quick status updates

Minpunten

Charges kept going up for no apparent additional value
All add-on functions come at additional cost
Website integration very poor; no store option
Functions/features buried in an oversaturated back-end; back-end not very intuitive
Lack of customization on basic features, like booking window hour opening

Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Anders 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Not Worth the Expense

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2020

Awful. Don't buy this product.

Awful. Don't buy this product.

Pluspunten

Being listed among my competitors and found by other users.

Minpunten

This is the most expensive and clunky application I have ever attempted to use. The back end is just awful. I signed up for three months because Mindbody said it would take that long to see results. At the end I was out $500 and didn't get a single new lead.

I am pretty tech savvy when it comes to using online programs and software. This program was such a headache. I didn't need all the bells and whistles they offered. I just wanted to manage my clientele. It was so difficult that I ended up just setting up the basics and, after I received no leads and, they wanted more money for promotion, etc. I cancelled.

They continue to call and email me to try to get me to sign up again. I keep asking to be removed from the list.

It is awful that Mindbody has such a hold on the market. There are such better products out there that charge less and function better. Don't feel trapped by them. Get out and search for something else if you are unhappy and, especially if, you are losing money.

• Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Too expensive for what it does

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2019

I was using mindbody to replace acuity for scheduling my yoga/fitness classes and coaching client....

It turns out that it has a lot of glitches for the users and on the administrator side it's overly complicated. It also doesn't have some of the features that I was used to (or perhaps I couldn't find them). For the cost of using this software I expected lots of bells and whistles, but they all cost more. I am a very small business trying to grow and have gone back to my previous software, Acuity.

Pluspunten

The app is the one thing that is great about this product. I think it's why there are so many users.

Minpunten

The cost is far too high for a small business such as mine. When you factor in the exchange rate as well, almost my whole profit was going to rent and scheduling software.

Acuity Scheduling

Redenen om over te stappen op Mindbody

I chose it specifically for the app to make it easier on the end user side
April
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Fantastic App!

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2024

Mindbody is a great app to make appointments and keep track of schedules.

Mindbody is a great app to make appointments and keep track of schedules.

Pluspunten

I love how easy Mindbody is to use. I can easy and quickly find my appointments and also see other options in my area.

Minpunten

It would be nice if it kept me logged in, it seems I have to log back in every time.

Sharmila

Mindbody Online transformed my business

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2019

I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pluspunten

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Minpunten

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

Redenen om voor Mindbody te kiezen

Years ago, Booker offered me a free Ipad to switch to their company. They also promised cheaper monthly rates including merchant services processing fees.

Redenen om over te stappen op Mindbody

Booker could not deliver. I would rather pay a little more (rates weren't too high back then) than pay for scheduling system that didn't function as easy as MBO.
John
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

MindBody for Music Schools

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2020

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Pluspunten

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Minpunten

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

Ryan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2020

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.)

It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue.

This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

Pluspunten

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Minpunten

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.)

The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly.

The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible.

The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Jonathan
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Frustrating software that causes no end of issues and no one to help!! (that was our experience...

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2022

Unprofessional, inept and impossible.

We have been tirelessly attempting to deal with Mindbody to...

Unprofessional, inept and impossible.

We have been tirelessly attempting to deal with Mindbody to help us with our new company and have had so many problems on the way. The "Sad Robot" has to be the most frustrating logos that inform the user that "Something's not working right" has been the most common experience of us as company owners and worst of all, our clients/patients.

The first 6 days we couldn't log on to our £300+/month (half price as a special enticement) and no one could help me. Finally we were logged on and as a gesture of goodwill the Mindbody team agreed to waive the first months fee...this was the one and only positive, as sadly things went from bad to worse.

Our "onboarder" was [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was very nice but due to the 8 hour time difference was unable to offer us training before 5pm UK time, when we have our young kids to contend with!

So we were provided with a [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who frustratingly wasn't helpful and at times, rather rude. Attempts to ask questions and raise concerns were cut short by her repeatedly interrupting, so much so I actually struggled to attend our training due to her poor attitude and unprofessional approach.

We asked her "why don't our clients get confirmation emails when they book online?". She replied "there's a bug". We asked "What's been done and when is it being fixed" to which she replied "You've been added to the list but I don't know when it will be fixed".

How can we tell clients that?

Proble after problem

Pluspunten

The name is good. The software looks so good when you see it on YouTube, but our experience didn't live up to the promises

Minpunten

The problems just got worse and worse....

1. Clients who booked online had their payments rejected.

2. Some were charged twice.

3. Some were booked and then cancelled, then when they tried again, the class was fully booked.

4. Then a whole days worth of payments were then voided, over £600 on our 2nd day of trading....gone!

But, all the clients had the payment taken out of their accounts, so we had to ask them to show evidence as our Mindbody software was showing that the payment was voided. It made us look so amateur and clueless.

5. The widgets on the App don't work and the calendar disappears, then the link doesn't work. All the time I am paying my website designer to try to figure this out and no one in technical team is available to talk to him. Despite cries for help and emails to Ross.

6. Our card machine (£199) didn't work. We spent over four hours the day before our launch attempting to talk to a technical team that eventually got it working...for 2 hours and then the next day it didn't work again.

So clients can't pay online as it doesn't work, and they can't may at our health hub... as the card machine doesn't work....so they have to pay by cash....who pays by cash and what kind of modern day company demands cash as their online software doesn't work and their card machine doesn't work?.....it makes us....sorry, Mindbody made us look like an absolute joke.

7. Instructors haven't been able to log on

8. We haven't had our payments through to our bank

Lori

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

MINDBODY software

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2019

I wouldn't want to change. Software changes are difficult to walk staff through. Price increases may impact that over time. Partly because it is ever evolving and slowly but surely we get functionality that we need. The software is greatly modifiable, however, we have hit quite a few roadblocks of things that we need that we just can't do because we do not have the typical boutique business model.

Pluspunten

Ability to interact with clients through auto-e-mails/texts.

Minpunten

Not built specifically for fitness centers so lacks some functionality specific to a non-profit fitness center. Definitely built for a boutique studio.

Carrie
Carrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Small Business that MBO doesn't really care about and they make you feel that way.

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2018

Considering there are so many new platforms that don't have the tech debt look to newer more innovative companies. MBO will see you on 20 years in the business but in tech that is actually more a liability to them. There platform coding is outdated and they are not flexible. They require third parties (more cost to the user) to patch what they can't create themselves.

Pluspunten

Familiarity which is also its weakness

Minpunten

We have been with MBO for almost over 4 years. They have the right to change you billing options at will. So complicated to get anything done. They have a department within a department. You try to get an answer to a question and you are sent to three different people and maybe you will get an answer. Our Account Rep can't even get an answer to our question and refers us to the website or refers us to another department because they don't have the power to fix (change an email address).

They changed their billing tiers and ours was obsolute. Instead of talking to us and finding which of the new tiers we wanted they took the liberties and changed us to the more expensive tier. We didn't need the functionalities of the more expensive tier. When we asked for a refund they denied us saying that they emailed us. Problem is the email they had wasn't even an email that has ever existed ([email protected]) and not the email used every single day to sign in and had every single permission within the software.

Eric

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pluspunten

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University events to learn and to be inspired. It is a comprehensive program so it can be complicated. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending how sophisticated you want to be with your company.
It is confusing to see so many complementary software programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe Mindbody keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well.
This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the clients experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create and pleasant experience for the user.

Minpunten

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

Gina

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

Beoordeeld op 7-7-2020

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Pluspunten

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Minpunten

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and google, got many clicks and zero conversions- people kept getting tripped up in mb. A survey indicated over 30% of users had a hard time booking, paying for or accessing live stream classes on mb. I literally spent all day every day troubleshooting with mb reps, instructors and clients. I wonder ho many people we lost that got turned off? We decided to move our live stream and on demand off he platform.

Lorrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Would love to find an alternative

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2017

It was relatively easy to setup and get going but I wished that I had more alternatives to test before putting my entire business on this. I am seeking an alternative.

Pluspunten

MindBodyOnline is used across many studios so it is easy to use. It does most of what I want it to do but not necessarily without workarounds. I really wanted this to work but it's now getting my financials wrong and this is huge for me.

Minpunten

Very buggy. The phone app acts differently than the web browser application. It's making it nearly impossible to trust my appointments, sessions and payments for clients. I run my studio with the mobile app and it's getting increasingly challenging. As I am a small business, I feel that I don't have much weight to influence positive changes to the app through customer support. I've been told it's because I'm on an entry level version of the app and that if I upgrade I can get what I need. I don't feel that spending extra money after experiencing ridiculous price hikes over the past 2 years will help. I am desperately looking for an alternative to run my business. I've tried several times to talk with customer support and they are always very friendly and try to be helpful but I think they are limited to how the company is being run. I was told to email the CEO directly, I did that 3-4 times and my emails went unanswered.

If there is anything I can tell you not to use:

Referred by Relationship- It mixes packages and false payment information between those two clients

Booking appointments by mobile app- It allows you to book and it automatically takes sessions from their package and reserves it for that session. When you check how many sessions they have left, it's not accurate because it already reserved these sessions so it looks like your client is due for payment when they are not. The web app does not do this!

Antwoord van Mindbody

Hi Lorrie-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are actively working on improving our mobile apps and recently released a refreshed version of our mobile app. Each level of our software does offer more features, and we do recommend that you use our Starter level or above.

If you do decide to leave MINDBODY, please keep in mind that our Terms of Service require a 30 day written notice prior to cancellation. If we can help you at all as you consider your options, please let us know!

Shakeyla

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Driving the wellness industry!

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2023

Software is good for scheduling appointments and making business run more smoothly on daily basis. However, the price of subscription and customer service need improvement.

Pluspunten

Mindbody is effectively the most impressive and thorough programming that anyone could hope to find to assist with running your wellbeing and wellness organization. What many people may not know is that this organization is driving the charge to further develop wellbeing and wellness in this country. Having only one program that can accomplish such a great deal is an enormous in addition to concerning straightforwardness and thriftiness. In particular, it is extremely ideal to have a POS, planning programming, and web based booking across the board. Client assistance is very great. I never needed to look out for hold for longer than a couple of moments. Once in a while the assistance takes more time than appears to be needed and is hard to understand, however I feel that is more than shortcoming of this to some degree tangled programming than the genuine client care itself. The product is effectively open from anyplace. Mobile usage is great!

Minpunten

I accept on the off chance that anybody considers utilizing other programming, it is on the grounds that you are compelled to use a certain charge card organization with Mindbody. They attempted to carry out a portable devoted installment gadget called POYNT which has been frustrating. It is bothersome, yet I was enjoyably shocked to have the option to return for a credit. Customer service could be a whole lot better. Reps that I spoke with were unhelpful at times.

Alejandro
Alejandro

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Antiquated and not visually appealing , no app.

Beoordeeld op 13-7-2018

Automation and athlete tracking was not bad, although new software have picked up and improved on an original leader in the field. Data analysis and reports are good and accurate but not user friendly or visually appealing .

Pluspunten

Software does a good job of keeping track of clients and their information and gives them a platform to reserve their spot

Minpunten

No app, antiquated on functionality and visually not appealing . One the leader in their field , the program has not changed its look since I first encountered it 15 years ago. There is no app for staff to use, there is no app to use as a check in station. Designed around a computer terminal one has to use a laptop and not able to use either Apple or android tablets as check in stations. the look and functionality has been lap by many programs that followed is such as zenplanner. Not only do other product has even a better user experience, but they beat them in pricing. They do many a la cart pricing when others include all the bells for far less price. Integration of email is only with a paid service when other allow you to integrate with services such as mail chimp free service.

Antwoord van Mindbody

Hi Alejandro-

Thank you for leaving your thoughts about MINDBODY. We are happy to tell you that we have apps for both of the items you discussed in your review.

The MINDBODY for business app allows staff to manage their schedules. You can read more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/business-app and here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/blog/business-advice/software-features/how-the-mindbody-business-app-benefits-your-staff

The Class Check-In by MINDBODY app allows your customers to check-in on an iPad, rather than needing a computer at the front desk, and some of our customers don't have a computer in their front-of-house at all. You can learn more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/check-in-app

We're continuously evolving our products, and are happy to connect with you, if you have more questions.

Tim
Tim
  • Sector: Filantropie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Mindbody - Be Prepared to Spend Countless Wasted Hours To Make This Software Work

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2021

Avoid this software especially if you are a small busines.

Avoid this software especially if you are a small busines.

Pluspunten

It is a functional tool if you have hundreds of extra hours to set it up, understand its glitches and manage around its shortcomings.

Minpunten

We have been using Mindbody for 5+ years. I don't believe the software is designed by anyone who actually uses it because it is the opposite of human centered design. I am writing this review because we have spent 6-7 months trying to set up payment for another site and their team has given us nothing but the run around.

During the pandemic, they withheld funds for no reason at all and made all their users write for "Permission" to get money they got from clients who had paid for services.

The Credit cards fees are hidden and contain numerous hidden fees and on top of that they can't eve make software easy to use.

So many examples of things that could be simplified:
Cancelling someone's recurring class scheduling is a ridiculous 9 click(!) process for no reason at all.

The tool looks different and functions different in every different place. From the software, Online APP or imbedded tools on your website. They all can do some things and not others. ZERO CONSISTENCY in look or functionality.

Billing with online tools can't be targeted to a location. Only charges run by staff in the software can be designated to a location.

Scheduling people into classes is also a process that takes numerous extra steps and time.

Every day, you spend an hour "checking out" appointments to find the few that might have billing issues instead of having something easier to use that would check out appointments that have billing already.

ZERO RESPONSIVENESS to feature requests.

Stay away

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2017

Membership restrictions.
payment on account
consumer online portion is in Italian ( the language of the country I live in)

Minpunten

Everything! Was told the app was available in Italian when I was sold the system. 1.5 years later there was a price increase and still no Italian app. I am in Italy and this is one the most important features of my business.
* lowest level barely gives you the basics you need to run a business.
*By law, I need sales broken down into 3 categories: 1. total sales 2. sales at 22% VAT 3. sales at 10%. Unfortunately, at the basic level this is NOT offered. My sales reporting is per the Italian Law as we must report to the government in this format. It isn't worth paying extra a month for a report I need by law.
*By law, I need scontrino and fattura capabilities which they do not have available for Italy yet they continue to sell to Italy. MBO is not compliant with Italian law. They have been very unresponsive in correcting anything and continue to sell in Italy.
*TotalWOD not great
*Can't put more than 1 item in a contract.
*can't do inventory
*horrible customer service. takes over a month to get a response via email and several hours waits on chat or phone.
*constant price increases
*there is so much more I really do not like about Mindbody Online. They shouldn't be selling in a country that they are not compliant with the law at the basic price.
*They are NOT designed for a CrossFit Box.
*The system is too slow regardless of the operating system. I have tried it on a MAC and a PC.
*when a SEPA/ACH fails and gets returned, it doesn't alert the system. It used to do it with the first 3rd party processor (ayden) but doesn't with PaySafe. MBO said they would look into it and never got back to me so now when something fails, I manually adjust the account. It is a pain.

A software system should make your life easier.... NOT mind body online. Worst system ever! I am would not recommend it to anyone especially a CrossFit facility operating as a normal business (non ASD). You will waste hours with them.

Truly, think twice before you choose MindBody Online. It is horrible for small businesses.

Le

MINDBODY IS THE WORST!!!

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2018

THEY HOLD YOUR CLIENT DATA HOSTAGE - Additionally, when we leave we will have to pay them for our own clients information to have it transferred to the new company . . . OUR OWN CLIENTS!!!

Pluspunten

The software is pretty easy to figure out however the bad too far outweighs the good. When you crash as often as MindBody does it really doesn't matter whether your software is easy to use or not.

Minpunten

THEY CONSTANTLY DISRUPT BUSINESS - They choose to launch software updates and perform maintenance during peak business hours which constantly disrupts business. One outage on 4/5/18 lasted THE WHOLE DAY!!! Then the following day their credit card processors went down almost an entire day and this was a busy Friday for us. They majorly altered their software system and implemented in on Saturday 3/3/18 which severely disrupted business. All of a sudden our front desk staff could not book clients services, close out the register, or tip service providers out. They stated that this was now the Essentials Package. In the MBO Essentials package staff cannot book or close out a register, only a manager or owner can do this. Managers cannot tip out staff, only an owner can do this. What kind of small business runs with managers on hand to book and close out the drawer every day and owners who also come in every day to tips the staff out for what they earned?
THEY STOLE THOUSANDS FROM OUT CLIENTS ACCOUNTS - They discontinued our clients rewards and took all the money that they had earned from their accounts. Some of our clients had been earning these funds for a decades. We had thousands affected!
THEIR CREDIT CARD PROCESSING WONT ACCEPT ALL CREDIT CARDS - They switched us over so that they could function as our credit card processor this last year and assured us that nothing would change, however because of the way they process transactions prepaid credit cards like visa, mastercard, etc can no longer be used as a form of payment.

Looking for Other Options

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2016

I run a small yoga studio and have used Mindbody for a few years. I have always found it to be time consuming, doing simple tasks and changes take too long, it is not intuitive or user friendly.There are a lot of things it should do, that you have to pay extra for, for example for $95 a month I should not have to pay Healcode (now owned by Mindbody) $25 a month to embed the schedule onto my website. Customer service has always been horrible and slow, but we recently came across an issue where I noticed that auto pays that did not process (were denied by the customers credit card) were charging the customers account so it never showed that they owed. It took 4 customer service calls for someone to figure it out, I learned that because of this issue, my small business had lost just over $2,000.00 in auto renewal payments, and Mindbody told me that was it was my fault, and that I must have gone in and set up the option on my own (though they could never verify when I set that up). Needless to say, I have talked to lots of other studio owners and we are all looking for other options.

Pluspunten

Lots of options and reports. Clients can purchase things online and register for classes in advance. Also the auto-renewal option is nice (when the settings are set in a way that makes sense)

Minpunten

Not user friendly, poor and slow to respond (3 plus business days or longer) customer service, expensive, have to purchase add ons for better functionality, somewhat dated looking, time consuming to set things up, looks somewhat dated, customers often have issues using the client portal. As a former customer service manager, the customer service is by far my biggest complaint, if they had excellent customer service I think I would overall be more happy with them and forgive the other grievances I have with their software.