MINDBODY reviews

Health & Wellness Business Management Software

3.9/5 (1594 review)
Eric P.
Vertalen met Google

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pluspunten

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University events to learn and to be inspired. It is a comprehensive program so it can be complicated. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending how sophisticated you want to be with your company.
It is confusing to see so many complementary software programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe Mindbody keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well.
This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the clients experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create and pleasant experience for the user.

Minpunten

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

William G.
Vertalen met Google

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pluspunten

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Minpunten

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it.

Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one.

What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Amanda B.
Vertalen met Google

Things are okay, but they could be better

Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall. Our experience is a positive one.
We certainly have our frustrations and have been met with dead ends on more than one occasion.
We have been continually researching and discussing with peers the use of other similar products to see if there would be a similar and more cost effective fit for us.

Pluspunten

-visually, it is simple and appealing
-The customer service team is responsive and intelligent and we appreciate the remote controlling of the screen to learn while issues are resolved
-Mostly it has accommodated the needs of our business

Minpunten

-It is clearly most functional for a class-based business, we would love to see improvements and functionality for appointment based (one that stands out, is being able to schedule through our Google Business listing)
-The fact that you raise your rates and do not grandfather in your current subscribers to stay at the same rate is really sneaky and I do not respect that at all. Just because you add features that we did not ask for or need, does not mean that your happy clients should be forced into higher cost for services they do not want. Some customer loyalty would be nice.
-There are features that we "cannot change" at all that would make our business run more smoothly (how the check out options are arranged, the way that clients are able to book certain times using your software through our website, and using a GC to pay for a service when booking online...to name a few)
-When mind body is down, our business is DOWN, and we have seen first hand how horrible of an impact this can have for us

Hi Amanda-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our recent acquisition of Booker Software was aimed at improving the experience for appointment-based businesses like yours.

In addition, we apologize for the impact that we have on your business when our software has an event, but know that we are actively working on solutions to prevent that from happening in the future.

4.0/10
Chelsey D.

Amazing and dissapointing

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Did a great job compiling competitive software services that we need for our business.

Pluspunten

Very easy to use once you get set up and figure it out how to make it work for your business. Before MindBody changed their software capabilities... again... there was so much flexibility in how to use the software and it has so many very applicable functions for multiple business types. Customer service has ALWAYS been amazing and the interface is very customer friendly. It also has a great app for online booking.

Minpunten

How much the program changes in terms of the way the interface is used; every "update" has made the system very complicated for our businesses use, and we would constantly be retraining our employees how to use get around the new changes to use the software as we originally purchased it for. As of a month ago, they just implemented a new payment tier system that has limited our previous uses and is forcing us to pay an additional (went from to get most of the functions back and a bunch we don't want or will ever use for our business. Which leads us to our final issue... MindBody is constantly upping their prices. We have been with them for 5 years (???) and every year they are charging us more. In summary, too many changes with little warning, new functions are being implied that we don't want nor will use but are expected to pay for, and capabilities we had before we are now expected to pay more for after years of access. We wished we could have stayed with them, but they seemed to have outgrown our business and overshoot our needs.

Terri F.
Vertalen met Google

I've increased my business 20% in each of the 2 years I've been with MBO.

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2017

Pluspunten

MBO is far more than a software provider. They are my strategic business partner. They keep me current on all the technological advancements available in the market through ongoing development in the software. As well as provide the research/data analysis which helps me make sound business decisions regarding my future growth and profitability.
My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like.
Finally, the primary reason, and the one which has earned MBO the strategic partner status within my organization is summed up in on simple word support. Their world class team of dedicated technical support staff are available 24/7/365 to answer my questions, provide information and will take all the time necessary to help me resolve anything I need.
The support doesn't end with the technical. Through the MINDBODY University program I've learned best practices, how to use the reports to build my sales and marketing strategies and to set my business goals. The MBU video tutorial liberty provides additional information on a variety of topics right from my desktop.

MINDBODY is far more than a software provider, they are my teammates! My success is their success. Period.

Minpunten

Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish:
a more robust set of auto email options
more content for the retention and re-engage emails
more functionality related to inventory
the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated

That's about it. There are other, small quirks which can be annoying at times, but then again, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement in any relationship.

Antwoord van MINDBODY

Thanks for the review, Terri! We're proud to be on your team!

Molly S.

Miracle Software

Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 14-3-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

MindBody is the admin assistant I've always needed and could never before afford. In the first three months of using it I DOUBLED my income. My clients can schedule, cancel, reschedule, sign up for classes and pay online- that alone saves me at least two hours a day that I no longer have to be on the phone, I can be working! Or playing with my family, or a million other things rather than sitting on a phone or on email. Just the ability to take credit cards (all of them) increased my pay; there's a feature when the client pays which asks if they want to leave a tip and offers different percentages or a custom amount...and when asked if they want to leave a tip, more people do so! Seriously my average went from 65 to 90 each session. Clients can buy gift cards online and print them out immediately, that's a nice feature for those last minute gift givers, and they are again asked if they want to leave a tip... it's crazy how quickly my income skyrocketed. I'm beyond grateful.

OH and the best part. MindBody's customer service. I was actually offered a lower rate with another company (we'll call them Circle so I don't offend the real company) but Circle was terrible. With Circle, I waited fifteen months to get the rate I was promised and I was constantly tossed back and forth in emails and phone calls as Circle passed blame and did nothing to help my business. So I checked out MindBody. And they walked me through the software, the setup, how to use it, they even showed me how to customize everything for my business! We're talking 45 minute phone calls with this awesome customer service associate (Rep- he's so calm and intelligent and researches every question you have) EVERY WEEK until I felt comfortable using MindBody. I was terrified after trying Circle, but MindBody gave me the software, the skills, the customization, the feedback- did I mention you can run reports at any time to figure profit and taxes and such?- and as of today I stand to TRIPLE my income this year. Thank God I didn't give up after Circle. Thank God I found MindBody.

I realize I'm typing in stream-of-consciousness, I realize I'm beyond excited, but for a single mother of three running her own business who had learned to live just below the poverty level, to make such a leap in income, to have such powerful and professional software, to have the unwavering support and knowledge base of an entire team of people at MindBody- it's overwhelming. Miracle Software.

Pluspunten

MindBody customer support is AWESOME! It's the reason I stay with MindBody, though Square offers a lower rate to NCBTMB members such as myself- square's customer support is awful. In contrast stands Max Malle. Remember that name. Best customer service rep I've ever known. He and the others go above and beyond their jobs- you can feel their sincerity. Oh and I've doubled my income and am set to triple it this year because the software does SO MUCH WORK for me. It's my administrative assistant that I only pay $ a month for! It rocks.

Minpunten

Hm. Well, I have yet to figure out the difference between signing someone up for a yoga class and signing them in to a yoga class, so maybe differentiating that in the program's wording would help. OH and for those of us who use our phones exclusively, not a computer, when using the software, it would be lovely if the phone programming held everything just like the computer programming does. Hmmmmm .... OH and sometimes late at night my schedule disappears completely from my phone. It shows up as blank, which is frightening, but in the morning it's back to normal. Maybe you guys are working on it then?

Antwoord van MINDBODY

Thank you for your review, Molly!

Jonna B.
Vertalen met Google

Hair salon owners: This is good for appointments, but its missing one MAJOR feature

Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 4-8-2016
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Own a hair salon? This might be important to you too: I've been using MindBody for nearly 2 years at my salon for its online booking. I have nothing bad to say about how the online booking functions on MY end... meaning that when I log in and manage my appointments, it's pretty easy for me. It's actually REALLY easy for me and I love the way MindBody allows me to manage my appointments. So I do recommend it for this very important reason.

HOWEVER, what I don't love about this service is that, according to my website designers SetMySite (these guys are incredible btw), there's no "customizable embed code"... in business owner terms that means, when the client wants to book their appointment through the website, they click on a link on the website that takes them OUT of your website and ON TO MindBody's website. There are other salon booking applications that allow you to create a custom look and feel to the appointment booking application and "embed" it onto your website, so that your clients can actually book ON your website. MindBody offers no such feature. So why does this ruin the experience so much?

1) It looks unprofessional! We consider ourselves a very high-end salon. Sending our client to another website that doesn't match the same look and feel of our website looks amateur and unpolished. Especially since our website uses dark colors, and MindBody's is all white - it's a very ugly contrast.

2) It's not very user friendly for the client. Originally I wanted a "book now" button under each service offering on my website and I wanted to have that button automatically take the client down the path to book that specific service once they clicked on it (obviously). But I guess that wasn't so obvious for the MindBody peeps as when someone clicks on the "book now" button on my website, it just takes them to a general page where the client has to fish around for the service they JUST TRIED to book on my site and re-add it so they can book! SMH.

3) When the client is taken to the MindBody booking page, they aren't greeted with a list of services to choose from. They are greeted the the need to "sign in" to an account. How could a first time client already have an account? MindBody should know that many many clients that book online are actually first time clients! Why not make it as easy as possible for them to book online? I feel like MindBody makes it as HARD as possible for them to book the service they want through the website itself.

Pluspunten

Excellent admin management. Wonderful for managing appointments and worth the money based on this alone. You pay more as your business grows. I have found the support to be excellent. I'm not sure why so many people here are complaining about the support. Everyone I've talked to has been really knowledgeable and helpful.

Minpunten

No way to book appointments directly on your own website. This is a pretty big one for me obviously. The booking page for the customer is stark, confusing, and unnecessarily cumbersome. There needs to be a way to make the integration more seamless and pretty. I guess it's just very disappointing because the software and company are otherwise very good. This seems like such a no-brainer and I feel like I'm losing business because of it. This needs to be addressed.

Randall F.
Vertalen met Google

Not as good as they think they are

Beoordeeld op 1-1-2017
Bron van de reviewer

I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB because their salesman misrepresented their tech's ability to export my data. In the end, they couldn't do it. He also signed me up at the wrong price for my situation and it cost me extra $ for months.

I decided to continue with MB without my previous client database. The back end of the software is extremely complicated and took quite a while to get things to work right.

They seem to feel they are the best solution out there, they clearly haven't looked closely at the other providers and how my clients could interact with the software which is overly complicated, I have numerous clients who won't work with MB and call or text. (there will always be some who won't use it no matter the design)

They are committed to using Flash (outdated) if you want to use an iPhone or iPad you have to use their apps instead of the site being HTML5 or cross platform compatible. It also doesn't work well with Safari.

The CRM is poorly designed and their premium Soap notes are a joke in comparison to what the competition like Booker, Jane app, Soap Vault. and many more offer. Their Auto emails don't handle embedded HTML correctly and are completely broken at the moment and fill my email with content not linked to.

You can't collate, print or export client notes or soap notes. I have to copy and paste my notes into word to create a medical-legal report.

Pluspunten

Great 24hr customer service support.
Wide range of features.
Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better
Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up.
Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers.
A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Minpunten

Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering.

Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period.
The initial salesman made false promises.
Overly complicated user interface both for potential clients and for service providers.
No automatic booking assistance that keeps dead spaces to a minimum.
Poor Contact Relation management compared to much less expensive software.
Pushed expensive 3rd party upgrades for components that should have been included in the price.
They don't have a well-developed place to create treatment notes, can't print, collate or export the notes you do create. Not PIPA compliant (Standards of patient privacy)
Can't bill or track insurance billing and payments.
Takes forever to fix something broken in their software. Promised features and then took 2-3 years to deliver features.

Sylvie M.
Vertalen met Google

I wish there were major revisions to MBO

Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018

Pluspunten

The MBO business app works well on my phone for events

Minpunten

I do not think it's efficient at all. There are wayyyyyyyyy too many things to click to get to what you want, clients have to wait way too long to get signed in and pay for a package. I used to work in the restaurant industry and POS systems definitely had their flaws but they were quick and to the point. MBO was definitely designed by someone who has never had to work a busy sign in at a busy yoga studio. It seems the system was designed by someone who does not understand the client experience or how important efficiency is an employee. And the amount of glitches and ways I have to trick the system to do what I want, for example the autopay schedule. Why can't I use two forms of payment for one payment? Like $10 from their account credit and the rest on the card. Instead I have to charge the card the rest ahead of time to the account and then apply it to the month and then go in and change the payment type which sometimes doesn't save and sometimes changes it all to account payment. Which causes the client to have a huge negative account balance by the time we catch it and we have to go back to find them. That's one example.

Also the customer service is horrendous. I usually have to call back a few times about the same issue in order to get someone who knows what they are doing or talking about. And half the time I have to teach the reps how to work something in order to get an answer.

I really think MBO has a long way to go before it's useful.

Amy R.
Vertalen met Google

Overpriced and disappointing business practices

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Middling. The only reason we are still with MindBody is because it took a long time to set it up how we want it, and our clients are familiar and understand how to use it.

Pluspunten

It is reasonably fully featured, and you can usually find a work around to achieve what you want or need to do, but it isn't all that intuitive.
A lot of our clients seem to have used MindBody before, so it is familiar to them. Clients like that they can book quickly and easily through a mobile app.

Minpunten

MindBody has become horrendously over-priced. They increased subscription rates by a huge margin (almost double, in some cases!), and justified it by shoe-horning in a bunch of extra features that we did not want or need, or which were not available to us outside of the US - yet we were still expected to pay for them! Our only option was to downgrade our subscription package to one left us about a quarter of the features we were used to, and removed some very common-sense "features"(such as the ability to mask instructors full names from the client-facing interface - thus leaving our instructors open to potential stalking from people not even signed up to our system) - and yet we still had to pay more for this poorer functionality! The fact that they did not grandfather in current subscribers to stay at the same rate is appalling - we've been using MindBody for six years. Some recognition of customer loyalty would go a long way.
I am investigating other options for our booking software.

1.0/10
Diane W.

So thrilled we found Mindbody

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

After running our sailing school for 20 years under the county park system, our supervisors decided to discontinue the park's registration services. We were suddenly thrust into an administrative role where we had no experience. As I blindly searched for a registration solution, I stumbled upon Mindbody. My initial deduction was that the product wouldn't work for the types of programs and services we provide. I explained this to the Mindbody representative and described all the reasons why it wasn't a good fit. She listened to my rant and one by one dispelled my objections with solutions in the Mindbody software. Not only that, she assured me that Mindbody would be there to hold-our-hand through it all, and that the price was well within our budget. I had no choice but to sign up on the spot. 8 years later and Westwind is stronger than ever. In the first year of using Mindbody, our registrations and revenues were the best they had been in 5 years despite the ongoing recession. Our business continues to grow and evolve and Mindbody grows and evolves with us. I was blown away the first time I noticed improvements in the product based on requests from the clients. Now it's just the norm. I recently discovered Mindbody BOLD and Mindbody University. Both were some of the best business conferences I've attended in 30 years of running my company. Bottom line: Mindbody is a dynamic and forward thinking company that sincerely cares about its staff and customers. I strive to run my business this way and I find that I use Mindbody as a role mode. LOL! I'm not getting paid to say this stuff, it just really is that good!

Dynamic, adaptable, cost effective

Minpunten

Would like more emphasis on 'enrollment' aspect of software since that is what we use the most.

Antwoord van MINDBODY

Thank you for the review, Diane!

Noemi M.
Vertalen met Google

Great software that is so straightforward

Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 4-4-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall, my experience has been great - I actually remember being excited when my current studio, OrangeTheory, switched over to MindBody, because it was something I was familiar with from other studios. So I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to be stressed about learning a whole new platform because it had been so simple when I used it previously. It would be great if more studios would use this app to establish continuity across app usage and make our lives easier.

Pluspunten

I love that this software updates so quickly, is responsive, straightforward, and easy to use. I have used apps for a ballet barre studio and OrangeTheory that have been powered through mind body. My experience has been great - signing up for classes has never been easier, and I love the option to see my history, how many classes I have left in my package (would like a way to see when those expire as I don't always remember billing date), what package options are available, and even instructor photos and names in case I couldn't remember that one instructor whose class I enjoyed. The dashboard is also useful as I feel it displays useful at-a-glance information and helpful tips that have actually changed my approach to the workout.

Minpunten

I get that it needs to be password protected as you can buy additional classes, but in the past it's been a bit annoying to have to sign into the app - it's not always straightforward what e-mail & password I used. Would be much better with a PIN / 4 digit passcode sign in or Face ID or something. If it takes me too long to sign in, I get annoyed and do something else instead of signing up for that class. I will say, though, that recently, I haven't had to sign in too much, as my account opens when I open my app for OrangeTheory, but sometimes in the past I've gotten logged out and it's a pain to get back in.

Unprofessional experience.

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 18-1-2018

online booking, record keeping

Pluspunten

It provides you with at least some type of software. They promote themselves pretty well, which makes them more known.

Minpunten

They overrate themselves, as the software does not have as much capability as they say, in several areas. Too expensive or can become that way, in order to have all the features you need, because you have to hire additional entities to get certain features that are not included. We now have a software with just about everything included in the pricing. MB's pricing increases quite often. I did not appreciate that in the beginning when training with them, they don't tell you how many limited hours they give you and are actually monitoring, but in the long run, they tell you how much of their time you've taken up, when you never knew there was a limit or that you were being monitored. The whole time they're telling you it's okay, you're fine, we'll give you as much time as you need. In the long run, they used this against me. Had they told me this info from the start, I would have hesitated or been more stingy in asking my questions and reaching out for assistance. I finally left MB when I had an unprofessional experience wherein I was mistakenly included in an interoffice email wherein they said some false, mean-spirited ' unprofessional things about me. That was the final straw. I am much happier now with my current software provider.

Antwoord van MINDBODY

Thank you for sharing your experience with MINDBODY. We are sorry to hear about the situation you outlined regarding your business being discussed by our employees in an unprofessional manner. We'd like to look into this situation on your behalf. Would you be comfortable sharing details about your business with our team at [email protected]?

2.0/10
Justin G.
Vertalen met Google

MindBody for small appointment-based wellness business

Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 20-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I had a very bad experience with a billing issue. I got lost somewhere between the sales and billing departments. Took hours and hours of my time on the phone and many emails to resolve a very straightforward billing issue. The issue was escalated, but I still didn't receive very good service. MBO eventually fixed the error, but didn't offer me anything for my trouble. The way they handled the entire thing was brutal. Eroded the loyalty and goodwill they had developed with me during the training sessions.

Make sure you document everything that you chat about with your salesperson! If there is a problem, I wish you well trying to figure it out...

Pluspunten

Once MBO is setup, the basic functions are relatively easy to use, especially in the app. My staff rarely have issues and picked up the basic functionality quickly. The MBO trainers who help to setup the system and do the training for the administrator are great, as are the support team. Very helpful and knowledgeable. I use the chat feature with support often, even though there is often a 20-minute wait.

Minpunten

From the administrator's perspective, user experience and system design could use some work. It's not very intuitive and can be difficult to locate things. Lots of little check boxes off to the sides, pull downs with language that isn't straightforward, easy to miss things or select the wrong thing when setting up or making changes. You will need to contact support a lot, especially in the beginning. Initial onboarding for the administrator is not easy, even for someone quite comfortable with technology. I also haven't found the integration partnerships not great, especially WaiverKing. Hard to setup and the support is not great. Glitchy. Clients often have issues. In addition, I use WaiverKing for client's to fill out a medical intake form, which is not accessible from the MBO app. My staff must open MBO on the browser on their mobile devices in order to see documents. Not ideal as the browser version is not optimized for mobile. Very hard to use. Also not loving the marketing automation features. Limited and visually not that nice looking in terms of design.

6.0/10
Melissa U.
Vertalen met Google

I wish it was more user friendly. You have to go thru a lot of screens and clicks

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

This is the only software I've ever used for this so I have no idea what else is out there...

Pluspunten

I like the tabs. The call help is great and almost always helpful. I also like the help chat so I can save the transcript and go back if I can't remember how I fixed something.

Minpunten

should be more simplified. have all of the pricing options, price making together. have like with like, all of the events/workshops/courses/enrollments should be together on the same screen. It took me hours to figure out how to add a course, mostly b/c I couldn't find the course tab anywhere near anything that made sense. why it's under manager tools... and not services and pricing with the classes and enrollments is confusing to me. I even used your help button and couldn't find the course management b/c I didn't know what it was called and had to search it in obscure ways in order to finally see course! I've used quickbooks for years in previous jobs and it is so easy to use! I wish MBO was more like that. I would also like to be able to add an hourly pay rate for staff. we offer teacher trainings and pay the teachers hourly for training and a different hourly rate for mentor meetings. IThat way when I run my payroll report I would have everything on it. Now I have to keep a separate sheet with any extra work teachers do. Even a "general journal" type option would suffice.

Sara J.

Day Spa usage ~ When it's good, it's very good ~ When it's bad, it's horrid

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2017

Pluspunten

Scheduling appointments is much easier than our previous system, when the site is functioning properly. Running payroll and reports is much easier than our previous system.

Minpunten

Frequent service interruptions - system was down for 3 hours one day, causing delays in bookings, checking in and payment processing. It is very hard to ask a client if they don't mind if we charge a credit card for service after they have left (when system functions again) or asking people if we can call them back to schedule an appointment because system is down. I had been calling periodically for over 2 weeks because of lag time on site, customer service blamed it on our internet provider (Charter). After our outage, they admitted that they had problems with a software update and were pulling it back to fix bugs. This would have been nice to know from the beginning. I would love to switch software, but it seems that all booking software has issues and the time it takes to import data and appointments may not be worth it. My hope is that Mindbody works out the bugs and can figure out a way to maintain functionality of it's site. Also, when calling customer service, they generally look up an answer on their own Help site - which I have already read. Seems like everyone is scripted, not actually trained in technical support.

4.0/10
Chelsea M.

Mindbody Review

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Our overall experience has been truly great. The customer service staff are excellent and they almost always have a good answer for us and a way to make business easier for us when we need to call to get help from them. The app is beautiful and the Mindbody team really does an excellent job supporting it's customers and marketing them all (from little guys like us, to huge brands worldwide).

Pluspunten

It is fairly user friendly, and there are a lot of tutorials which are great for helping my staff and I find the answers for questions without needing to call and contact a customer service representative. I like that you can use it for multiple types of appointments/services all in one place, instead of needing different software to support each one.

Minpunten

Some things are not super user friendly. There seem to be places where there are quite a few "work arounds" that need to happen in order for us to achieve the outcome we are looking for, and that makes it confusing for the client and for our staff. I feel there isn't always just ONE single way to do something, which makes training new staff a bit more difficult. The price is also a little high. With the increase this year it has been an adjustment for our business since we are a pretty low priced fitness studio, but overall it has still been worth the investment for having everything managed in one place.

Jennifer G.
Vertalen met Google

Not good for appointment-based businesses

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2016
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

MB does some things really well, then falls far short on obvious things. We've been using it for 5 years, and my number one complaint is the inability to capture credit cards during the booking process to hold a reservation. We have lost probably thousands of dollars from clients who no-showed, and we had no credit card to bill. MB will tell you that they do have this feature when in reality it's a workaround that is incredibly obnoxious and intrusive to the client (a giant box will pop up saying MISSING BILLING INFO, but it gives the client no idea what this means). Their app also does not require a client to enter a phone number, despite that being a forced field set by us on the back end. I would agree with a previous reviewer who said this software is best for class-based businesses. MB largely ignores the needs of other businesses. Considering they just announced they are raising their monthly fee almost 32% to a whopping amount, we are starting to research other companies. I'm done with MB.

Pluspunten

Reporting features ("tagging" is an excellent one), flexibility in options for settings, appointment confirmations, and reminders, training, and technical support.

Minpunten

Inability to capture credit card info from the client at booking, integration with the website is clunky, high monthly cost, the app doesn't require the client to enter a phone number, SMS alerts to staff are only possible when the client has opted in to also receive SMS appointment notifications.

Christi K.

Service has gone down hill in the last 24 months

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It provides a one stop program for practice management.

Pluspunten

MB has been the industry standard for yoga and massage for years. Their product offers many layers of functionality for service based industries. Mobile app is useful for scheduling.

Minpunten

I have used MB for almost 8 years and used to love them but they have changed significantly recently. In the last 24 months the service and product has degraded significantly. Customer service calls average a 45 minute wait during the days, call back service doesn't work. CSR, are now poorly trained at finding solutions (they used to be amazing). Bugs continue to pop up with each revision and most remain unresolved. In January 2017 errors with the online scheduler became excessive (4 in one month) where clients booked apts online and we were never notified of their requests.
Then with the addition of text apt reminders it increased charges and I was unaware that other providers did this at no extra charge. Then in January 2017 an email from the president (which intentionally went to junk mail since it didn't come from the known sender like the bills come from) indicated a necessary increase with no new functionality. Leaving them has been hard to transfer data to a new provider, but worth it.

1.0/10

Review of Mind Body Software - Plan Carefully

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It's like being provided a Mercedes, but owners should determine if they need that Mercedes when a Ford might do just as well. The Mind Body Certification process that has recently been implemented is SOMEWHAT helpful, but it still comes up short. Now we are "married" to Mind Body and pay the Mercedes price for resources that we do not use. My recommendation to anyone considering this software is to investigate it thoroughly before making the purchase and determine if all of the bells and whistles are needed. The more bells and whistles, the more complicated the setup.

Pluspunten

Mind Body software has a vast amount of capabilities to support a small med spa business. There are many tools.

Minpunten

Mind Body is NOT user friendly. I believe, because it does so much, it's hard to touch on everything that it can do for the business. There are many tools but the instructions on how to use those tools are difficult to find. Likewise, the screen shots used in the tutorials or instructions are sometimes out of date which also make it difficult. The person who set up this software for our medspa did a poor job; she's gone, and it's left the remaining staff struggling with why things work they way they do. We could pay to have a complete overhaul but that would be an added expense we do not wish to incur.

Ina L.

The Biggest Misconception

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 4-11-2016
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

is that MB is a software for Spas. It's primarily constructed for Yoga and gym type business. Ive bee with them for about a year and have spent tens of thousands, configuring, fixing and attempting work arounds to get things to work. We came to MB with over 40,000 active clients and the transition cost a ton of money. If you have a subscription or autopay type business than it works. But their merchant vendor charges based on manually entered credit card numbers each month. Which charges more even though it's a snapshot run on an autopay. Their Engage app is deficient in that you cannot sell services, gift cards or autopays from it. Gift Cards in small volume is OK but many deficiencies. Basically a great tool for yoga but for a high volume business? Not close. Their support staff is handcuffed and you can tell it's frustrating for them. They make changes and improvements to the system based on how many complaint's they receive. W e are not a yoga studio so the work orders we submit fall on deaf years. We are a 20+ year old healing center. I don't know if we have the strength to change management software again. Great for yoga but NOT designed for spas.

Pluspunten

Appointments Scheduling, Email confirmations, Consumer access (Browser only).

Minpunten

Gift Card redemption's are difficult, Discounting / Promotion options work intermittently, App does not allow purchasing (huge loss in revenue), Payroll reporting is inaccurate (does not save configuration, which causes over payments) , Forced merchant Servicing, Forced keyed processing (Expensive), Forced PCI Compliance (Quarterly). This software is not designed for Day Spas, Healing Centers, Massage houses etc. Not designed for high volume business. It was designed for Yoga studios and gym type business.

0.0/10
Maika E.
Vertalen met Google

Unjustified and unreasonable repetitive price increase

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Having been a loyal customers for 3 years, and having accepted without complaining the numerous price increases, I feel cheated.

Pluspunten

It was a robust software until they decided to cancel all the great features in my package.

Minpunten

Consistent price increase without additional features or software upgrades. This time, with a two months notice, they announced that if you wanted to keep the same features as before, you had to pay more- which I refused. So I stayed with a monthly package and lost most features which made me choose Mindbody from the first place. The functionalities now are those of a very basic online booking software, and for the price I'm paying, I'd rather look for cheaper alternatives. It took me 3 months to set up the software, what a waist of time.

HI Maika-

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with MINDBODY. We value the years you've spent with us.
In early 2018, we repackaged our software based on the common features that our customers used to ensure that no business was paying for features they didn't use or need.
We do see that you were able to connect with a member of our team to select our Essential package, but if you do need any of the features of our Accelerate package, we do encourage you to consider moving up to that tier.

0.0/10
Rachel L.

Perfect for Yoga Students and Teachers

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019

Pluspunten

Mindbody actually has two apps. I'm not sure sure which one specifically this review is targeted toward, so I'll talk about both. Mindbody has an app for potential students/clients that allows them to register for classes and workshops. As a yoga practitioner, this is the primary way that I use it, but it also can be connected to other types of fitness facilities as well as spas. It's a convenient way to find locations near you, read reviews, and get signed up for classes. Mindbody also has a "Business" app which shows the "back of house" view for studio owners or class instructors to use. Even on your phone you're able to check students in, accept payments, get liability waivers signed, etc. It's actually saved me several times when the studio internet has gone out or I've been teaching as a substitute at unfamiliar studios. Both apps are very beautifully designed!

Minpunten

On the app for students/clients, my only critique is that with one of the more recent updates the "Explore" feature is less intuitive than it used to be. It's still fine, but I just got used to the old format.

Kristina C.

Mindbody Online Brings in More than it Costs

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I don’t know how I would run my business without MBO. It makes my whole operation run more smoothly and takes care of so many details that I simply would not be able to manage. Thank you MBO!!!

Pluspunten

I love all of the value. Added from MBO. On the home page I’m easily able to see how many. New customers have found my business and purchased services through the MBO app. Every month that number is higher than the cost of the software so I’m actually making money by not switching to one of the less expensive services. I also LOVE the MBO support staff and how easy it is to get someone to help with any problems or questions. Every year more services and programs are added that have helped my business grow since I first started 5 years ago.

Minpunten

When I first started learning how to use MBO five years ago I found it difficult and not intuitive. I believe that the platform has improved since then and, as I said, the support team is very good at helping you to figure things out. That said, there is a learning curve for new employees simply because there are so many features and it can take a while to find your way through to do what you need to do.

Laura R.
Vertalen met Google

OK Software- bad customer service, cc processing times scattered, very expensive!!!

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2016
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I own a music school. We were able to make MB work with what we do. Billing, scheduling, marketing all in one place-excellent~ CC processing is strange. Your money can hit your bank "whenever" and processing times are always different- one month is was very late which cost us hundreds in fees. They would not pay for the late fees we incurred. There is no customer service. You get put on hold and then an answering machine asks for a call back number. Recently approached by a different software who does the same thing for much less! So far their customer service is responsive and the configuration is similar. Set up more intuitive and clearer than MB. What MB does not tell you is how much it costs for you to leave, a high amount of money to export credit card information. Read all of the Terms of Service agreement which is on the very bottom of the website in tiny writing. Overall horrible experience with the people and policies of this company.

Pluspunten

It worked for what I needed it to do. The reports section was very good.

Minpunten

Not intuitive to use. Big learning curve. Processing times are never the same. Constant contact integration is not accurate. Customer service is terrible. Incredibly over priced for a small business. It costs a huge fee to leave if you want your cc data.

2.0/10