Square Point of Sale reviews

Sheri
Sheri
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Easy to set up, reliable, and with the features I need in my business!

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2022

I set up Square after researching other options when I launched my business 4 years ago, and have been pleased with the choice ever since. I have considered other options since then but keep sticking with Square since they truly have what I need, and the time cost of switching has never been worth it to me.

Pluspunten

The most important aspect of Square Point of Sale is the ability to set up monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring invoices. Its shocking other solutions don't offer this, or only offer it at VERY high levels of monthly investment. This is a user-friendly solution for my business and is easy to understand, set up, and get rolling right "out of the box."

Minpunten

The address book makes it a bit tough to set up the clients as a business, it's a bit more geared to selling to consumers. But I've been able to create a workaround to make it work for me (business name in one of the name fields). I also really would like to integrate Square better with QuickBooks but I think QB is the problem - QB is notoriously difficult to work with (VERY difficult!).

Zoho CRM, Stripe Billing en Quickbooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Square Point of Sale

Primarily I chose Square because of its easy interface, quick time to launch, address book set up, but mainly because of recurring invoice functionality.
Bradley
  • Sector: Automotive
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great POS option for the small business owner.

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2024

Pluspunten

Ease-of-setup, easy onboarding and end-user experience.

Minpunten

Lacking full-featured invoicing and automated POS reporting.

Carlos
  • Sector: Automotive
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Invaluable service

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2024

I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. They're cuurently holding funds, while constantly trying to draw from my account, claiming I owe them money, but give no proof. Customer service claims they can't give me answers for lack of access to account information. They claimed they escalated, but never heard from them, while they continue to try and draft my account.

Pluspunten

It's something you can use to help get the ball rolling with your business

Minpunten

Hidden fees and probably the most poor customer service I've dealt with in a very long time. Heavily loacking communication

Germaine
  • Sector: Horeca

A Great Value for your Money

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2023

We have used Square for several different ministries. We ghave a coffee shop, a college cafeteria, a homeless shelter and online store. Square is able to work with all of our many ventures with ease

Pluspunten

I like that it was simple and intuitive to use

Minpunten

I wish the website allowed for more customization in outline and interface looks

Stripe

Redenen om over te stappen op Square Point of Sale

It had a more user friendly interface and was able to satisfy our needs for all of our various ministries and offices.
Ian
  • Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Square Point of sale Review

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2024

Pluspunten

I liked the ease of point of sale, so my employees can take the payment terminal inside the room to close out the sale.

Minpunten

It wasn't really user-friendly for my employees, a lot of time I had to step in to finish the sale

Dave
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

Great user friendly dash

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2024

Pluspunten

The dashboard is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Minpunten

I do not like that the payments seem to be random and not aligned with daily sales, which can make it a bit confusing when reconciling

Flipdish

Redenen om voor Square Point of Sale te kiezen

to have everything in one place, teams etc
Elizabeth
  • Sector: Religieuze instellingen

Nothing Compares!

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2024

Pluspunten

I can't gush enough about Square. Our institution uses it for multiple POS systems, on computers and iPads, and it's thus far flawless. I have used it on the road as well and it's so easy to train volunteers on.

Minpunten

Not a single con comes to my head! It's flawless.

Rachel
  • Sector: Horeca

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Best point of sale for the money!

Beoordeeld op 30-12-2023

Pluspunten

Square has offered a fast, easy way for me to set up an online ordering system for my small business. Square allows me to track inventory, complete sales and has a ton of really excellent reporting.

Minpunten

It can be a little overwhelming to initially set up. Once it is completed it is very easy to use though

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Filantropie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Good back up

Beoordeeld op 7-1-2024

Pluspunten

We have a fully integrated POS system and as part of our resilience we introduced Sq as a second / backup system if our main went down. It does the job well and has also allowed us to utilise other payment types we haven’t been able to process before.

Minpunten

Configuration was difficult for us, as we were using as a backup. However we have now tied the payments against our skus and stock file - which has helped greatly

Ruby
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

Great POS systrm

Beoordeeld op 20-2-2024

Pluspunten

Very easy to set up, create and modify products, and use.

Minpunten

It's quite expensive and their rates are quite high

Navine
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Love Love Square

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019

Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Pluspunten

Love live square. Love that it can be used for both in store and online payments. It sync with my quickbooks which saves me a whole lot of time. It gives detail daily reports which includes best seller of the day, number of sales, number of products sold and what type of product sold, taxes paid, types of payment the customers used, plus it syncs with my online store inventory. Square gives you all the detail info you never realized you need till you need it all in one place. So easy to use and tailored for retailers. Love the Apple Pay feature too.

Minpunten

My big con with square integration is it doesn’t sync well with bigcommerce. By that I mean, my online sales gets imported as a custom order so there is no itemized list of what the customers bought. Also with bigcommerce, there is no way for me to take Apple Pay or other digital wallet payments. Square does have digital wallet payment options with their square space shopping cart. Fingers crossed they will fix this custom import stuff soon.

Mylinh
  • Sector: Alternatieve geneeskunde

Square POS app

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2020

This has been great with no problems! It allows me to bill anywhere and review my billing history. It gives me a breakdown of new clients and how many returning.

One thing I would like to see change is the 1099 form. It only gives me one if I sell more than $20K in products a year. I would like to be less and more flexible for small business owners!

Pluspunten

This is portable and accessible from anywhere. I also like that I can send invoices, schedule a time for it to send and set up reminders to the client!

Minpunten

On the initial setup, my profession was not setup up properly so I was not able to accept HSA or FSA credit cards. It was because there was no option for me as an alternative healthcare provider. Customer service helped me and my issue was fixed!!

Overgestapt van

Redenen om over te stappen op Square Point of Sale

I actually still have both but the Square app is more user friendly on my smartphone such as invoicing. I use square more for my business.
Jake
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Every Business Needs Square Point of Sale!!!

Beoordeeld op 21-6-2022

Square has seriously helped our business grow into what it is today. And we're still scaling. We can create subscriptions on the go, accept payments online, at events and easily export reports when we need them (super helpful when tax season is here).

Pluspunten

The simplicity and ability to process payments and subscriptions on virtually any device and from any location is super key. And Square allows us to do this.

Minpunten

We don't really have many cons to report other than it would nice to have some of the new "premium" features included being that we pay about 3% per transaction already but we understand that operations need to be funded (and profitable).

Venmo

Redenen om voor Square Point of Sale te kiezen

Square appeared to be easier (this was back when it was just the mobile reader).

Overgestapt van

Redenen om over te stappen op Square Point of Sale

Square seemed to have a better roadmap and ecosystem of product development.
Caitlyn
  • Sector: Entertainment

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Square Point of Sale is a LifeSaver!

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2022

My overall experience with Square POS has been a good one. For the last seven years that I have used this product, I have not had any serious issues. It is very efficient, organized, easy to use, and they made it very easy for me to reach customers I otherwise would not have been able to help. So if I had to start all over again, I would once again choose Square.

Pluspunten

I like its ease of use, the fact they make their features very "what you see is what you get" so I don't have to spend much time training others on how to use it if I have need to. I like the fact that everything is very clear and organised for optimum efficiency. I can get to anything I need in a matter of seconds without having to jump through hoops just to find the features I need at any given time. If you are someone who is just getting started with a small business, I would definitely recommend using Square POS, because it took me from barely doing barely any business to having a growing community of customers practically overnight. All thanks to how convenient and easy the software is for customers and business owners.

Minpunten

Thus far, in the last seven years I have used this product, there really hasn't been anything I have found that I REALLY dislike about it. It's a very simple uncomplicated software and that is what is so great about it. So nothing negative to say.

Michael
  • Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Simple and powerful mobile Point-Of-Sale app

Beoordeeld op 28-11-2022

A powerful business financial management tool, right in your pocket. It offers an owner/operator to enter invoices from a home computer, or from a mobile device in the field.Super easy to use, and packed with features that provide the insights an owner needs.

Pluspunten

Being able to quickly add a client on the fly, either manually or "from address book", taking a credit card payment, and storing the card in the client file is so simple, quick, and easy.Then, any additional charges to the same client can for a very small "additional percentage" amount be charged to the card now on file, saving the client the hassle of having to pull out the card every time.

Minpunten

Would like to be able to add "standard service fees", such as a "processing fee", "fuel surcharge", and others, in the same way one can add various taxes. Right now, I am doing it in the "taxes" section, which is not ideal, but it can be done with that workaround.

Christy
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Square Point of Sale for Gift Card Sales

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2020

Over all, having the ability to sell E-gift cards from my existing website without a monthly fee was a huge game changer for my salon company! We went from selling $200-$300 per year in online gift card sales to well over $2000 the first holiday season my company offered E-gift cards. I believe the increase was due to the great look of the gift card choices, the Square name that everyone knows and how easily I could added the service to my company website.

Pluspunten

I love how easy and fast it was to set up and link into my website. Square gave me the exact dimensions my photo(s) needed to be for the custom branded E-cards for the Square point of sale. In addition, my main reason for choosing Square Point of Sale for my online gift card sales was that there is no monthly fee to offer the E-cards, my company only pay for processing sales.

Minpunten

Square Point of Sale continues to improve the software for the E- gift cards, however I wish the system would notify me, the owner, when a customer has purchased a gift card. Customers would bring in their digital gift cards for services and since Square Point of Sale did not integrated into our booking software & our company did not realize the card had been purchased staff would have to search to find the purchased card. I wish the gift card sales and the reporting of the gift card sales was more streamlined.

Michael

Love Square POs

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019

Pluspunten

The POS system is simple and easy to use hands down. The use of our POS integrated with online, loyalty program, marketing, and payroll is a one stop shop integrated and makes life simple and streamlined!

Minpunten

We paid the original higher cost for the register when it first came out. The price just dropped $200 this week. Our rate remains lower so it will pay for the difference over time since grandfathered in....not much we don’t Ice about this wonderful easy, all in one system!

Worldpay

Redenen om voor Square Point of Sale te kiezen

Processing cost, ease of use and integration with payroll, invoices, Loyalty, marketing, etc.

Redenen om over te stappen op Square Point of Sale

Had everything we needed and the cost was great.
Kristine
  • Sector: Entertainment

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Square pos worth every bit of “high processing fees”

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2023

We couldn’t run our business with out it. It has been a very straight forward process. Clear expectation, clear help when needed, company is always accepting new feature requests. Love it.

Pluspunten

Square pos integrates with SO many other apps/programs. Streamlining and ease of use is what makes it stand out so much from every other processing program. A lot of people complain about the high processing fees, but it is worth its weight in gold when running a business. Our square account connects with our scheduling, waivers, inventory, marketing, social media, accounting software, and so much more. It is literally the center of our applications/programs. We could not run our business without it.

Minpunten

I can’t complain about much. I do wish there was a customer service phone number. BUT they are on top of it when you message them and they know their stuff. There’s a few other minor changes with filters and integrating the items between square and square online store that I wish were better. But they’re working on it.

Clover

Redenen om over te stappen op Square Point of Sale

Better integrations with other programs/apps
Ronnie
  • Sector: Geestelijke gezondheidszorg
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Broadens Our Donation Horizons

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2023

Fundraising has changed drastically in the last decade. Not having the ability to accept mobile payments and donations was once an obstacle that made it more difficult for organizations such as ours to raise funds. Now, it has become an essential part of business. Square gives small organizations like ours the ability to utilize mobile payments at an affordable price with an easy-to-learn system.

Pluspunten

We use Square at our office and when we make presentations offsite. At our office, Square replaced another point of sale device. I personally like Square more than our older device, but it's not life-changing. The biggest draw for us was Square's mobile payment system. We had consistently lost potential donations at offsite events because we had to take either cash or check, or have them call our office at a later date to run a card over the phone. We had multiple people have changes of heart between committing to a donation and talking to us on the phone. Square prevents that from happening by giving us a professional POS device that can be operated by multiple employees at offsite events. It fills in the gap of not having a POS device at an event and is more professional than asking a donor to "just Venmo it."

Minpunten

Using the Square device at our office is on par with other similar devices. There are no major shortcomings, there just isn't anything that stands out. However, the benefits of using it offsite were what drew us to Square in the first place. Since we are fully committed to Square offsite, it only made sense to utilize it onsite as well so our staff doesn't have to learn multiple software.

Billie

Amazing Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 20-9-2023

Overall I like Square. We integrated with Thrive by Shopventory earlier this year so I can use woocommerce for our website, which makes me even happier!

Pluspunten

I feel like the past year, I 've contact more companies for help than any other time in my life. We've been using Square since 2016. I like them, it's user friendly and fairly intuitive, not sure I would have raved about them before though. This year I've had three instances that I reach out to Square customer service, every one of them was a fairly good experience, but the last one was really great! I had a customer return something she bought as a gift for her sister, over the next few months she called several times complaining that we never refunded her money. The last time, I wasn't there and she came in during an event, when we were busy, claiming we stole money from her. When I found out, I reach out to square, provided them with all of the transaction information, the gentleman I spoke with initially just wanted to tell me that the money was sent to her. When I explained that she claimed her bank had no record of the refund coming back to her, he looked into it further and gave me a transaction code for her to give her bank. When we called to give it to her, she got annoyed because it was such a long code, but her bank must have cleared it up because she brought someone else into the shop a week later, acting like nothing ever happened. It's reassuring to know they have those details on hand to help in a situation like that.

Minpunten

Some of the features cost extra, which can be a bummer. The Square-Woocommerce plugin for wordpress is horrible, I want more control than their

Theresa
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Square delivers plenty of features at low cost

Beoordeeld op 30-12-2015

Pluspunten

I have run a brick-and-mortar for more than 19 years, and got rid of my traditional merchant account about 5 years ago when fees became outrageous and unstable, and I also needed a mobile payment system as my bank did not offer one. I did some research and settled on Square. The product is intuitive and easy to navigate, and the cost for processing credit cards is reasonable at 2.75% for swiped and 3.5% for manually entered.
But that's just the beginning of what they offer: in 2013, the Square Market was an incredible add-on benefit provided for free! If you've needed e-commerce for your business, you know that this service can be costly, so for Square to provide it for merely the cost of each transaction processed is amazing. There are many features to the Market, such as the ability to embed items you are selling into your website, share on social media, etc. While the features aren't customizable to a great extent, it is still a very powerful platform for POS. I particularly appreciate the many reports that can be generated, receipts with custom messages you can send to clients who have shopped online, ability to send invoices, etc. They've added gift cards, which is a nice feature, and they have many third party vendor apps that interface with Square for inventory and financial processes for your business. New features are constantly being added, such as their Customer Engagement to create customer lists and do direct marketing to that list right from Square. This product is a powerful addition to your website and other marketing you may already be doing. I have recommended this product to many small business owners and non-profits, and have been a very happy user since late 2010.

Minpunten

I have found very little to dislike. I have seen comments online about deposits being held, a lack of ability to communicate easily with Square (initially, they had no phone customer service, but I always got very quick response from their techs via Twitter in the early days), and difficulty in raising deposit limits. I run two small businesses using Square, and for one of them had to ask for a large increase in daily deposits as my business grew. This was handled easily via email communications and took only a few days.

Hannah

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great for anyone wanting to start a business.

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2018

It's hard for me to find anything wrong with Square. We have never really been tempted by the competition, and I doubt we will be anytime soon.

Perhaps if you are running a store with more products or customers you may benefit from a different system, but I would suggest Square to anyone starting out. You can get set up today, and your customers already know how to use it.

Pluspunten

I was working as a barista in a new coffee location in my local town. The owner of the shop was pretty new to the industry, and didn't have a lot of business experience. She needed a way to run cards, and she was looking at a few different solutions, but I mentioned Square, and she ran to CVS and bought one right away. She wasn't very tech savvy, so I volunteered to get it set up. It probably took me less than an hour. The interface is a breeze to use, customers get it right away when they need to sign for charges or enter phone numbers. There were days that I was the only person on staff, using Square and running between the milk steamer and the register was a breeze. One feature we used often was using a cell phone to take orders while people waited in their cars. This allowed us to reduce the lines in our shop, and keep the morning rush moving.

The flat rate pricing makes things extremely easy as well. As someone that is not an accountant, this made my life a lot easier.

Minpunten

Some of the reporting features can be confusing to read, and more than once have resulted in us blindly refunding customers.

Sometimes the card readers gave us problems, but this was usually solved with a quick reset.

Aurora
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great as a user and business owner

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use and up to date transaction platform.

Pluspunten

My first experience with Square Point of Sale was a couple years back as a Receptionist in a Fitness Facility. On a daily basis, we used Square Point of Sale whether it was to buy merchandise, memberships, snacks or sign up for special workshops. What I particularly loved most about Square Point of Sale was its easiness to use and software platform. We could receive payments from the company cellphone, iPad or computer depending what was available at the time. The platform was consistent on all three devices and just as easy to use on all of them as well.
In later years, as I opened my own Health and Wellness business, I went straight to Square Point of Sale as my main way of receiving payments. It has been an excellent tool and is always up to date. What I also like the most is how quick it is and easy to receive payments and it accepts most credit cards.

Minpunten

Square Point of Sale is excellent for receiving payments and I don't have any negative experience with the platform. The only thing I wish would be that the analytics and reports that I receive for all payments and invoices would be easier to read. I have a bit of trouble understanding them. Other than that, overall great platform.

PayPal Commerce Platform
Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Awesome program for managing payments

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2023

Square Point of Sale is an amazing payment management software. I have recommended this software to my friends and colleagues who run a business. It is a pleasure to use and saves time.

Pluspunten

Square Point of Sale is very user friendly! I am a first time small business owner and I chose to use Square Point of Sale to process my payments and I am very happy with my choice. Not knowing much about how online payments are processed, the setting up and usage of Square Point of Sale was overall intuitive and a well guided process. The fee associated with using this software is very reasonable and is minimal compared to other softwares. Another feature on top of the software that I really enjoyed was the inclusion of sales reports, feedback from customers and other bonus features such as management on different things. Whenever I need to add the information of a customer, I find it is very easy and time saving process. When I have returning customers, Square Point of Sale remembers their information and I don't need to ask for the card number again.

Minpunten

The one thing I hope Square Point of Sale can improve on is preventing any glitches. I've encountered 2 glitches which were not damaging in anyway but it would be nice if the app was glitch free. Other than this, I don't have anything negative to say.

Tammy
Tammy
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Square Point of Sale

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

Overall I had been having a decent experience with Square but having to spend so much time looking for a phone number and then waiting so long for a person to tell me my customers had to wait 7 to 10 business days for a refund that was caught 15 hours or less from the original transaction was ridiculous. I had to go and get a money order to give one customer for the refund and NOW have to drive across town to now pick up a money order from her once the refund was posted to her account so I can deposit the additional money I gave her Saturday so she had funds through today when the refund posted. A lot of unnecessary running around when it could have been corrected within a day or two not 10 days! It was enough aggravation that I'm looking for another money transfer app for our events.

Pluspunten

I liked that it was a convenient way to accept payments anywhere via my mobile cell phone through the Square App.

Minpunten

I didn't like that customers couldn't make a payment directly from their phone & that Square charges a higher fee to manually enter a credit card. There was a glitch with square that kept showing a different totals than what was entered $82.00 it showed $82.03. The customer said run it with the .03. Then the next day LESS THAN 24 hours later I saw the deposit total from Square to our bank account and it was a lot more than it should have been. I looked up transactions and saw where 2 customers were highly over charged. (1) I entered $52.00 but Square deducted $520.09 from the customers card, (2nd) I entered $53.00 but Square deducted $530.06. I immediately looked through their website to see if I could refund the difference but had no way of doing so through the website. I was able to refund the difference through their Square App. That was done maybe 15 hours later I refunded the difference and sent screen shots of the refunds to the 2 customers. Two days later one of the girls said the refund hadn't processed. What seemed like 30 minutes or longer looking through their website for a phone number - called to speak to someone and was on hold for 30 min. or longer to get someone. This person didn't seem to care that I refunded these customer's accts. 15 hours or less from the transactions took place. He said it would take 7 to 10 business days to refund their accts. That was large amounts of money for someone to wait a week when it was caught 15 hours or less.