Workday HCM reviews

Workday HCM

Wereldwijd beheer van menselijk kapitaal

(1.332)

Kelly
  • Sector: Restaurants
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Workday helps our company recover payroll benefits

Beoordeeld op 23-5-2023

We are currently implementing Workday HCM across the organization for onboarding, benefits, staffing, time monitoring and absence management. We will be enabling the administrator self-management feature shortly. We will appreciate the ease of navigation and module features we started with Workday. I have previously used three workforce management systems - PeopleSoft, UltiPro and ADP. I consider Workday to be the Cadillac of such systems. In just six months, we have corroborated that the choice of HCM, benefits and payroll system was the right one. We liked the fact that all customers received the same version of the program and that there were partial semi-annual updates. The customization is in the business procedures that the delivering application creates within the system you have been given. No "bolts on". Another big plus for their team managers was visibility, and we appreciated the way security is role-based.

Pluspunten

Our first experience was open enrollment last year. Those who tried it, stated that it was very simple and easy to use, Workday's interface. Accountability and visibility for absence monitoring. Managers have the ability to look at each team member's time off, as well as each team member's balance. Our company encourages employees to control their personal information and gives them the ability to set up and assign by pay type their direct deposit, federal and state withholding. In addition, everyone has a different perspective on their payroll, focusing primarily on salaries.

Minpunten

Out of the room, we didn't know what we didn't know. It took about 4 months to work out some of the personality issues and link the pieces together. Know how business processes affect each component individually. Some components are very finicky. In order for the system to work properly, there needs to be someone who is the in-house maintenance and troubleshooting specialist.

Kendall
  • Sector: Horeca

Using Workday streamlines organizational tasks

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2023

When it comes to human capital management, Workday HCM is hard to beat. It's easy to learn, has a wide range of useful features, and won't break the bank. You may get information on employees, recruits, payroll, and more with the use of this platform.

Pluspunten

Many businesses struggle with adaptability, but Workday distinguishes out thanks to its intuitive design. In comparison to the MIS we used before, I found it to be pretty engaging. In my perspective, Workday can be integrated with a wide range of third-party programs. The internal hiring process is also simplified.

Minpunten

Workflow integration severely restricts its flexibility in terms of making global adjustments or edits. It's hard to navigate because items are split and there are too many action item tabs. It is challenging to acquire or develop individualized reports.

Sarah
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

End user - Used for Time-sheets, Payslips, && Time off requests

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2019

This application has so much potential. The opening page of it is so user friendly. After that though everything gets so confusing. There are so many different windows that open and the site is really difficult to navigate. Half the time I want to find information, I get lost trying to find it and completely forget what I was looking for in the first place. Hopefully as time progresses they will find ways to integrate more user-friendly methods to use the information.

- Pretty UI
- Convenient that all these things (Time-sheets, payslips, && Time off) are in the same place
- Has tremendous potential

Minpunten

- Haven't found a way to contact the company to suggest improvements
- After you submit a time-off request, no easy way to undo it.
- After you have removed a time-off request, looking at PTO requests you see ALL of the actions you took (request time, remove time off request) && it isn't just for one day EX) A normal workday is split into two sections (before && after lunch). So 4 in total if you took a day then cancelled it.
- After you fill out your time-sheet && save it. You have to go to a separate tab to submit it. (You need to know to do that, there is not a link to it after you save the time-sheet.) This should be on the same page for a clearer flow.
- The entries for the actual time-sheet are huge. There should be a smaller plain view that is easier to fill out.
- If you click fill from scheduled time it does not automatically un-check your Requested PTO days so you might accidentally charge x2 time for that day. (Regular && PTO)
- Paid Time Off is not intuitive. It asks you what date you want to know the pro-rated Accrued Time Off is. If you could just have a simple information sheet that says Total for 2019 (or whatever year), Accrued so far, used time off, planned time off, left over.
- Pay Slips are not intuitive: To see your pay slip you have to click "Print", then it says it will notify you when it is ready. Then you have to open the PDF of it. It should just display beside the dates, forward && back buttons would be a plus.

Shannel
Shannel
  • Sector: Denktanks
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Workday HCM, a victory in managing workforce.

Beoordeeld op 14-11-2023

Generally the experience with Workday HCM has been so beneficial to the entire organization both the employees and to the performance of our organization. It allows us to have well managed and orchestrated workforce which leads to us getting optimum results from all our work especially matters community awareness and development.

Pluspunten

A valuable aspect about Workday HCM that we have really benefited from is how flexible it is as this allowed us to set it up in way that it perfectly matched with our nature of work. It allows us to get more productive results from individuals by aligning someones capabilities with the right kind of work roles. It has very reliable insights about workers which makes it easy to offer excellent work conditions which benefits both the company and the employee.

Minpunten

Despite Workday HCM being such an important product for managing workforce, all this comes at a cost. Also the user interface could be improved to get more intuitive.

Kyle
  • Sector: Bankwezen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Great For HR, But Lacks For ATS

Beoordeeld op 2-6-2023

While nice to have one system of record for HR across the organization, Workday often lacks when it specifically comes to recruiting/ATS needs.

Pluspunten

It's nice to have the ATS built into your HRIS functionality. Both systems can communicate between each other with relative ease. This can make it nice for employees to have a one-stop place for all things HR. Because external applicants/hires apply through Workday, there is an initial profile built that carries through after hired and onboarded.

Minpunten

The ATS functionality of Workday was clearly an afterthought to the HRIS function, and was created/bolted on after the fact. Because of this, it lacks the intuitiveness, functionality, and features of industry leading ATS's. Often times you have to edit and limit your workflows to what Workday can do, meaning it may not be the most efficient.Collecting data/metrics, especially when trying to break down to a micro level is very difficult, and sometimes impossible for what you're looking for. The data visualization also lacks far behind other ATS's.Employee referral tracking is a pretty bad experience. It actually creates more work, and makes it more difficult to hire and track referrals. We use a completely separate program for these.

Patrick J
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Experienced Architect Required for Success

Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021

I have configured Workday daily, for the past 7 years. I have configured every module from payroll to benefits to recruiting and you'll be hard-pressed to find another Workday expert with as much experience as me.

Pluspunten

Workday is the best HCM software in THE world. Nothing and I mean nothing is superior. We can argue about the competency of individual modules, especially payroll, but as a core HCM platform, no other software can compete. Anybody that says otherwise does not know what they're talking about. Anybody that complains about usability is probably not working with a quality Solutions Architect. To successfully implement and maintain this application, it is absolutely required that you employ at least one experienced, rockstar Solutions Architect. The application is expensive and is crucial that you fully leverage all of the technology that the app offers. Use its sophisticated features to optimize your HR department.

Minpunten

Workday knows that they have a real gem here. As a result, their attention to customer support has consistently declined as the popularity of the application has increased. Unless you're a major client oh, you're not going to get good customer support. What do I mean by a major client? I'm talking about the Google's the Facebook's the Adobe's, and even then, the support can leave something to be desired. And I'm speaking as someone who has worked at one of the aforementioned. An HR executive once told me that starting with work day was like being given the keys to a fancy new Ferrari but not even being shown how to start the car. Also, just because they work for workday doesn't mean they know what the hell they're talking about. The popularity has grown so has their staff. Obviously, some of these staff members are incompetent. I have experienced this firsthand and I assure you that it is frustrating when the so-called Workday SME is significantly less experienced than yourself. And this was at a time when I was fairly green. I have had to clean up confusingly complex convoluted implementations, after the fact. While I appreciate the job security, this is not a great way for any company to begin a relationship with their customer. We all know that a popular software can quickly be overtaken by a newer, better product. Workday is vulnerable here and somebody could exploit it.

Redenen om over te stappen op Workday HCM

We had the budget and the buy-in to procure the absolute best HCM product available in the market, and Workday is that product.
Amanda
Amanda
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

All employee data and documents are secure

Beoordeeld op 24-8-2023

There were far too many overlapping databases. Our answer to reducing system complexity and utilization was to use Workday. In general, it has been useful in reducing instances of duplicate data.

Pluspunten

Workday has so many features and capabilities that it has completely superseded a number of other programs. The ability to complete the entire hiring procedure during normal business hours was a welcome bonus. Employee records and other paperwork can be stored securely.

Minpunten

Not that I actively detest it, but locating specific products has always been a challenge. The former, in addition to a search that is occasionally sluggish and glitchy, can completely ruin my mood.

Nadezhda

Outstanding Experience with Workday HCM

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2023

Overall, I have had a great experience with Workday HCM. It provides a comprehensive and powerful platform to manage employee data and gain valuable insights from analytics.

Pluspunten

Workday HCM provides an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive interface which makes it easy to navigate and manage employee data. Its powerful analytics capabilities allow us to gain invaluable insights into our workforce.

Minpunten

Workday HCM can be slow and unresponsive at times, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot issues.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Workday HCM software

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2020

Fantastic product that gave me all the insights I needed into my team. I was easily able to onboard and verify to-do documentation.

Pluspunten

Value. One simple word. Workday's HCM platform is the Bentley of HR software. It's easy to use and provides incredible insights to employee and company data

Minpunten

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to maneuvering through the product. Our implementation took several months and the transition wasn't as smooth as we had hoped.

Overwogen alternatieven

ADP Workforce Now en BambooHR

Redenen om over te stappen op Workday HCM

ROI, the value that came from selecting Workday as a full ERP.
David
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Workday is a useful Payroll and Human Resources tool

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2019

I like working with it. The interface is clean and uncluttered, I can quickly enter time, request a day off and look at my pay stubs. Transitioning from Paycom was really pain free except we did not get charged for health benefits the first pay period and got ALL of it charged the subsequent pay period.

Pluspunten

I like the simplicity with which employees can track their time worked, ask for time off, and see their pay stubs.

Minpunten

I wish it would let you stay logged in. I have to log in many times a day

Morgan
Morgan
  • Sector: Human Resources

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Workday for Recruitment

Beoordeeld op 19-5-2020

Overall the experience has been ok, but if you are looking for a true ATS this is not the answer unless you make some serious tweaks to the setup.

Pluspunten

Ability to use as ATS as well as HR database and tie candidates to employee once hired and onboarded.

Minpunten

Inability to see candidates on Requisitions that are assigned to other recruiters / users within Workday.

Lauren
  • Sector: Mijnbouw en metalen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Workday - Powerful but Complicated (The Double-Edged Sword)

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2023

The best thing about Workday is its ability to work across countries and functions with immense power and customizability, while maintaining a workforce database and recruiting functions that are critical to a complex and ever-shifting employee base.

Pluspunten

Workday is a powerful platform that seems able to do it all from an HR standpoint...and if it can't do it, the open API allows for seemingly-endless integration with platforms like LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning, eVerify, and more.It's an excellent employee database and application tracking system, and once you understand the platform's organization and process, it's a powerful tool that can replace countless programs within an organization.

Minpunten

There is absolutely nothing intuitive about the program. Our organization is admittedly large and complex enough to further complicate the system, but the learning curve is so steep that we have to constantly create and update a Workday Wiki, and create a series of training videos to help staff learn their specific tasks.Part of that is due to the extreme customizability of the platform, which is a double-edged sword.We have an entire IT team whose sole purpose is to program, troubleshoot, and fix Workday issues. My role often requires me to support HR generalists and Managers in their use of the platform, and report the almost-weekly issues that arise from back-end changes.

• Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

‘A platform for employees to speak-up’

Beoordeeld op 16-4-2019

comparatively, ‘workday’ is an efficient, effective and affordable system for an above average organization.

Pluspunten

Many companies lose their talented employees due to failures by the top management to recognize the contributions made by certain employees for the growth of the organization, which goes unnoticed by the hierarchy which creates a negative opinion towards the management by those employees. HCM tool makes a positive impact as a go-between the employee and management and WORKDAY has made substantial developments with this regard. ‘Workday’ HCM has given the employees all the freedom to put on record their contributions/ achievements, goals, training requirements, etc which has almost totally brought to halt human ignorance/negligence of appraisers during evaluations and give due recognition to each employee according to the employee value to the company. ‘Workday’ has many features that help both the management and employees to know each other better and make justifiable decisions. With an advanced HCM such as ‘workday’, it is not only the HR head, but the whole top management is aware of the positives and negatives of the members of the organization which strengthens the transparency of the decision makers. With ‘workday’, the management doesn’t need to wait till the due period for performance appraisals, but identify ‘real-time’ the value of certain talents and apply sensible decisions to recognize such employees. ‘workday’ comes with an attractive UI which is a pleasing plus point. Additionally, it supports multiple devices which are useful on the go.

Minpunten

so many beneficial features are incorporated in the system that it takes a fairly big effort to familiarize. As this is a HR centered software with access to each member, we find difficulties in getting the full potential due to cultural diversities by way of language barriers (non-English speakers).

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits

Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

Pluspunten

You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect.

I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

Minpunten

My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

Soumi
Soumi

Review for Workday

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2022

I am using Workday regularly for applying leaves, tracking them, viewing my salary slip, tracking change in compensation, providing IT declaration, updating shift and stand by hours. Also, I have used Workday for requesting various letters from my organization automatically like experience letter, compensation letter, etc. The mail notification feature of workday enables me to receive notification whenever there is an update to my compensation or change in my role or on promotion.

Pluspunten

Workday is a centralized workforce management tool that is used in my organization. In Workday, all the important day to activities of an employee can be performed like applying for leaves, getting them approved by manager, viewing and downloading salary slips, providing IT declaration, providing beneficiary info, address info, education info and many more. Various important letters like Offer letter, experience letter, etc can also be directly requested using Workday. It is a cloud based tool and can be accessed from anywhere.

Minpunten

It is an expensive tool that can only be used by big enterprises. Also, the workday UI can be confusing for new users who will find it difficult to navigate and find the required sections in workday.

• Sector: Juridische dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Powerful, but cumbersome

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2018

Powerful tool, but there is a huge middle ground between basic and pro users that need to understand how the platform works that have no access to training materials and little support from Workday itself. Has a lot of potential, but marred by clunky and antediluvian UX

Pluspunten

Reporting - almost limitless functionality in terms of getting reports on salient information. Can pull just about anything, and as long as the data is clean at point of entry, it will come out in an Excel file very readable and easy to read
Linear Process Maps - particular processes are very well laid out and structured if done right the first time around
Employee landing page - bright, vibrant, presentable

Minpunten

Cumbersome - quite slow. Redundant graphics slow down page transitions, reports take a long time to pull if you are looking for a fairly normal size file, some processes can turn into roundabouts
Navigation - back buttons for some, but not all pages, which doesn't make sense (have to go back to home page if you click through to the wrong area). No real logic to how hyperlinks work in platform, leading to rabbit holes while trying to follow a papertrail to its conclusion

Pragnesh
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Use Workday HCM to manage human resources

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2023

Overall a nice software. We have not used the leave tracking and management feature but that is something we will evaluate in future. Other than that, a nice software for managing human resources that are spread across the globe.

Pluspunten

Easy access to employee profiles, easy process of onboarding new hires, easy way to split direct deposits and easier to understand one's compensation package that is made up of base salary, stock options, RSUs or bonuses.

Minpunten

Splitting of salaries. For example, I don't have an option to split based on percentage. I can't do 50% or 40% of salary into one account. I have to put in a whole number for first account and the remainder would go into second account.This is fine for some time but after increments or pay rise are kicked in, the process of finding exact $$ for 50% split needs to be done again.

• Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Workday is an industry standard and for good reason

Beoordeeld op 23-4-2023

I use Workday as part of my company’s software solution for HR, finance, payroll planning. I’m able to update all my information related to HR benefits and payroll electronically and also update my self-reviews and reviews of my colleagues all in one place. it’s nice because everything is electronic and in one place.

Pluspunten

In my opinion, I think Workday is a great software suite because of its user-friendly interface, flexibility, and advanced capabilities for tracking HR and performance reviews. I appreciate how easy it is to use and customize making all things HR efficient. I believe that Workday is a leading enterprise software solution for organizations of all sizes and industries, and I look forward to using it in the future.

Minpunten

I think the user experience could be better in that you have to know where to find some items such as goal setting, etc. However, I think that is minor given the overall pros of Workday. it’s and the time required to learn and implement. Also, it may not suit all industries or types of organizations, but like I said, the pros outweigh any cons in my opinion.

Douglas
  • Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great Tool for People Management and is Very Easy to Use

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2022

Workday HCM has been excellent. Very easy to use, lots of capabilities, and allows employees and team members to use the software to learn more about themselves and opportunities. It has been great for learning about my performance and seeing how I can grow and succeed. Whenever I see my payroll, I also always check the breakdown to see if everything is correct. I love the transparency and all the good documentation in the software, so nothing is lost on your employee file.

Pluspunten

I like how intuitive the software is in the company and how easy it was implemented and adopted by the company. There are many, many features that are very useful for the day-to-day or week-to-week activities of our employees and team. I really like how every step is transparent and it shows you the hierarchy each decision goes through. For example if you are taking time off, it shows you who needs to approve next and the chain of command. This software is really a one stop shop for all Human Capital management in terms of performance, payroll, expenses, time off, training, and career management.

Minpunten

I actually don't have any negative things to say about workday HCM. It is really easy to use, and the documentation is really good on my employee file. If I need something, I can find it on my profile.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

The worst portal for employees I've ever experienced as an employee or as a teamlead

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2022

Pluspunten

Has a LOT of features, tons of integrationsYou can basically do whatever you need HR connected within this one tool

Minpunten

It's the worst UX you can possibly meet out there among HR tools.Because there is a ton of features it takes literally minutes to find your thing.There is no search for the functions existing so if you need to change the title of your employee good luck finding that page!Time tracking like vacations requesting is a hell.Mobile support is another hell.

Seeba
Seeba
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Makes it so much easier to apply jobs

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2020

Pluspunten

All professionals know how exhausting the application experience can be. Despite being skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced and reaching to the last level of the interview process, for some unknown reason it is always given to some brown-noser or somehow was already promised the job to someone else and thus professionals are back to square one in the application process. This makes it so easy as it carries over the information from your resume and is intelligent enough to fill the entry fields accurately.

Minpunten

While very accurate, I wish it would also carry over my skills, languages, certifications. Workday would be the number one option. I also wish that Workday increases its marketing to make it a household name for applications - all companies should be using this software to recruit employees.

Jennifer
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Workday makes it very easy to choose which benefits work best for your family and your needs.

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2018

I feel like worday is a great program to use. Especially if you have a large business and you want to deliver a wealth of information to all of your employees at their convenience vs. a time you want to select. The platform can also allow for users to access it from their own home PC's so they can truly do what they need to on their own time. As an employee, I felt like that was a great feature.

Pluspunten

I used workday benefits for over 7 years with a property management company that I worked for. Each year we would log into workday to view the current benefits available and choose which benefits worked best for our needs and our families, if any. IT was super easy to use. They would show you on workday side by side what benefits provided which coverages, and at what costs. You could even use a comparison to see which benefits were going to work best. It also showed all the different types of benefits the company offered such as medical, dental, 401k, LTD, STD, vision and what not. It was very clear what you were selecting and you had to double and triple confirm which benefits you selected. Also, once open enrollment was closed, there was a way, where if you had a qualifying life event, you could change your benefits. It was a very easy, straight forward program for us to use.

Minpunten

Sometimes while using the software, it would "hiccup" when switching between coverages and I would have to re log in and get to where I was. It was truly a mild issue which wasn't frustrating. This also my have had a LOT to do with the internet I was using and not the actual program itself...

Chelsey
  • Sector: Milieudiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Work-harder

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2023

Workday makes my workday harder...

Workday makes my workday harder...

Pluspunten

There's a lot of features, there's a lot of things to check, to do, to fill out.

Minpunten

Theres way to much, its not simple, its a complex, and lengthy. It has way to many options for just a standard clock in clock out. Uploading sensitive information for HR through the platform is sooooo annoying. Relabeling files on it, resubmitting, it just doesn't save or show up for others like it does for you. Way to complicated.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

I use workday as a end user

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2018

it is awesome.

it is awesome.

Pluspunten

I use workday as a end user in my orgination.In workday what i like most is helps to maintain transparency between management and lower employee.In workday any employee can see full hierarchy of his/her organization so their is no hide and seek between management and employee.Employee can see his all year performance,his role in organization detail ,his profile,training,skill everything in one single place.and for company also it is easy to track each single employee detail like performance,skills,work history.

Minpunten

I dont find any thing which I dont like in workday as it make transparency in organization so I will suggest to organization to use workday so it increase employee's trust on organization which is very necessary for any organization.

• Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Emmanuel Review

Beoordeeld op 12-5-2022

Communication with HR on decision per team growth is excellent

Communication with HR on decision per team growth is excellent

Pluspunten

I can have access to the details I need to manage the growth of my agents

Minpunten

You should comprehensive videos to self train new users

Overwogen alternatieven

BambooHR

Redenen om over te stappen op Workday HCM

It is good for fast pace growing companies