Weebly

4,3 (1.723)
Creëren van website/blog en online store

(1.723)

• Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Very easy to use!

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

Very positive overall experience. I’ve never had to reach out to support though so I’m not sure what that experience is like.

Pluspunten

I started using this tool when I got a client who wanted me to manage their website along with their paid ads I was building and managing.

At first o was hesitant to learn a new platform and was worried I’d need to have extensive coding experience, but once I saw how user-friendly and intuitive it was to manage their site, I was thrilled!

Minpunten

It’s obviously not a fully custom website platform, but for being WYSIWYG and drag and drop, it really does the job well.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

My client chose the Parisian actually. I want involved in the decision.
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Drag and Drop Website Building For Beginners

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2022

Honestly, Weebly is an easy platform to use. You can quickly build a website for free or you can choose to go with a paid plan. I've used the free version and the paid version without any hiccups. For anyone just starting out online, their platform is a dream.

Pluspunten

Weebly comes with website templates that are ready to go right out the box. For anyone looking to build a website without the fuss of watching a million tutorials or YouTube "how to" vids, this is a winner.

Minpunten

While Weebly makes website building is easy, there is little that can be done beyond the templates they provide. This is why I left Weebly and switched over to WordPress for all of my websites.

WordPress en Squarespace

Redenen om voor Weebly te kiezen

I preferred the website templates that Weebly had to offer over the templates that came with Wix.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

I left Wix and started building on Weebly because I preferred the templates on Weebly.
Rich
  • Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

There are better options out there.

Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not.

Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us.

The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

Pluspunten

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

Minpunten

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Rakib Hasan
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Website building has become so much easy

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2022

I've been a Weebly customer for over a year now and I love how robust it is. You can do anything you want and create any type of web presence. I am very satisfied with their customer service, and the prices are affordable.

Pluspunten

Weebly is the best website builder on the market. Weebly is perfect for anyone who wants a professional looking website without any of the headache of coding. The customization options are endless and I love how you can make it look as professional or as quirky as you want it to be. Weebly is so easy to use, affordable, and innovative!

Minpunten

I have been using Weebly for over 2 years, and I am still amazed at how easy it is to use. If I ever need customer support, they are always there for me!

• Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Beoordeeld op 27-12-2019

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pluspunten

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly:
- It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using.
- Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform.
- Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from.
- No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset.
- Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great.
- There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help.
- I think it's great for using with students
It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Minpunten

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Redenen om voor Weebly te kiezen

Primary reasons are the user friendliness and the pricing.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Pricing was the primary reason. In hindsight, I also feel that it was easier and quicker to get the Weebly site up and live.
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great options for a self-published author

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pluspunten

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Minpunten

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Redenen om voor Weebly te kiezen

The cost:value ration just worked better for me on Weebly. I still use Wordpress for a different blog, but it's the free version. I just don't like Wordpress's paid plans very well.

WordPress

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.
Christopher W.
  • Sector: Entertainment

Easy and Powerful

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2020

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

Pluspunten

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too.

Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

Minpunten

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it.

However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

The drag and drop functionality is much easier to learn and more flexible, plus having built-in storefront features are an excellent value.
Xavier
  • Sector: Muziek
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

An almost top dog website builder

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2019

I would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.

Pluspunten

I was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.

Minpunten

I feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Because my wife already had a website with them.
Traci
  • Sector: Bouw

Weebly: Web design for beginners

Beoordeeld op 4-3-2022

My experience has been positive due to the ease of the product.

Pluspunten

Weebly simplifies the once always complex process of creating a website.

Minpunten

It would be appreciated if there were more templates available.

Constant Contact en GoDaddy Website Builder

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

The determining factors in choosing Weebly were price and the procedure used to create a website.
Lawrent
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

A good affordable and quick to set up web-builder

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2022

Weebly got us started in no time, and our web presence was almost immediate. Their service was very affordable and, as a small school, it was more than welcome. We received compliments from the community for the quality of our school website.

Pluspunten

Weebly allows you to quickly be present on the web thanks to its -although limited- templates, and ease of use. You can customize your website to your liking and navigate through the SEO quite easily. I liked the fact that you can add contributors with limited control.
We had to resort to contacting the support team, and they always answered in a timely and efficient manner.

Minpunten

There are fewer templates than in WIX, which is essential as I didn't want to spend too much time customizing the website. Starting with something closer to what we wanted was a priority.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Weebly was cheaper. However, I chose WIX for my new business.
Sarah-jean
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Better than other website builders

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pluspunten

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Minpunten

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Lena
  • Sector: Detailhandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy and professional website design

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pluspunten

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Minpunten

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Redenen om voor Weebly te kiezen

Magento was very old fashioned and hard to use. Integrations were a nightmare and trying to find the right reports to access my data took forever.

Adobe Commerce

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

I liked having the free plan to be able to test out most of the features with weebly and overall found it easier to use and the pricing plans were more competitive.
Hallie
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

Perfect for Our Small Business

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2022

Very simple to use

Pluspunten

It was very easy to set up the initial website. The basic layout is great and as I used it more, it was easier to manage and navigate

Minpunten

I cannot put things exactly where I like. They often jump to align with the next graphic which sometimes I would rather it align with a specific word or sentence on the page.

Wix en GoDaddy Website Builder

Redenen om voor Weebly te kiezen

I found wix to be more difficult to navigate when I had to use it for school projects.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Easier to set up and link with my google domain
Roger
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great product once you get past the learning curve

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2020

I enjoy using the software and I would strongly recommend it.

Pluspunten

Ease of use, once you get past the learning curve
Store feature is flexible and effective, provides downloadable data to analyze your sales
Site offers more flexibility in that each page can be set up to your exacting standards
Support is good, although since I live/work on the east coast, and our support service is located on the west coast, I don't get support until around noon to 8:00 PM, from my specific contact.

Minpunten

Like any other software, it takes some time to get to know how it works and to be effective and efficient using the product. This is key for someone, like myself, who provides web design servicess through a consulting capacity.

Jakub
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Decent themes and clear editor

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2021

As an online web builder and e-commerce tool Weebly is simple, yet powerful to build nice sites which perform well. We needed a simple tool and a nice design/theme and after extensive evaluation we choose Weebly.

Pluspunten

The themes supplied by Weebly are decent and do not look like the rest of online web building tools. They are really clean and the user interface for editing the site is super simple to use.

Minpunten

Occasionally the editor gets a bit slow.

Webflow en Webnode

Redenen om voor Weebly te kiezen

Sites built on Wix are generally ugly and one can tell that is Wix just from looking at the fonts.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Nicer themes and better pricing.
Jason
  • Sector: Vastgoed

Great alternative for Homeowner Associations

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2021

My homeowner association was in desperate need to get with the times! Trying to snail mail and go door to door is simply not practical in this modern age. Professional web development services were too costly. In looking at the numerous website builders, I decided to try Weebly since it offers a completely free option. All of our community documents, meeting information, etc. are now online. We've also been able to integrate an online process for residents to pay assessments online as well as direct realtors and title companies to an estoppel form. Our neighborhood website has now become the gold standard that other neighborhoods within my community are trying to duplicate. Overall Weebly has been a godsend!

Pluspunten

Weebly is a very compelling service to publish professional looking content in an easy to use interface. I have found that the free option provides more than enough flexibility to meet my needs.

Minpunten

I would like to see some of the additional features be available as an a la carte offering rather than flat subscription fees.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Other postive product reviews and no cost or risk.
Silvia
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Weebly one of the many choices for a website

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019

It is a software that is easy to use and everyone with a bit of computer knowledge can set up a website.
I have used it for my trial sites and find it a good choice to try things out first before I implement it on our main website.

Pluspunten

Weebly is easy to set up, and you are finished with a basic website in a couple of hours.
Easy to use and simple drag and drop instructions. The training videos provided are good and very useful.

Minpunten

You are restricted in things to do and add especially with the free version. If you do not go for the pro version you are limited on what you can do on your website. The free version comes with the Weebly extension. If you upgrade later on you are not sure you can buy the same domain without the Weebly extension.

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

I love the drag and drop system and the theme was more suitable for my need.
sam
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

good value

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2020

easy to ingrate additional webpages and a shopping center in additional to a booking page, making it easy for clients to have a one stop shop that has a seamless branding design.

Pluspunten

i like how easy it is to create a basic website from nothing. for the free version there are tons of options to choose from and customize your website on, while making it easy to navigate for beginners.

Minpunten

how some basic features should be included in the free version, or allow for a downgraded version. i think website traffic analytics should be able to be seen with a free version to some degree, as well as a little bit more customization as for as website interface and design.

Nancy
  • Sector: Online media
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Building Websites for Beginners

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019

Using Weebly allowed me to start my blogging experience on a $0 budget. It was starting out as a hobby, so I didn't want to sink any unnecessary money into it.

Pluspunten

This software was by far the easiest to use. I checked out several different website building tools before choosing to use weebly. Its perfect for first time users, as the steps to building and publishing multiple kinds of sites are laid out for you. Adding in pictures, sections, articles, and social media links aren't an issue at all.

Minpunten

The only issue I had was linking a domain I bought through another site to the site I was using on Weebly. It took several articles and YouTube videos to figure it out.

Wix, WordPress en Squarespace

Redenen om over te stappen op Weebly

Weebly gave a completely free option. Also, there was the choice between already laid out plans or starting from scratch. The tools were also very self explanatory and easy to use.
Pedro
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Develop your website, without coding in a few minutes.

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2019

Weebly is a great tool when creating websites, it has helped me to speed up the creation of small and medium projects, which is where it is most useful, however when creating projects or ecommerce with a massive amount of objects, It is not the best tool since it lacks some features to be able to handle this amount more efficiently. In spite of this, it is excellent, for personal use, medium-sized companies, or start up, that need a professional web page and at a low cost.

Pluspunten

What I like most about Weebly is how easy it is to create web pages, since it allows selecting from an acceptable variety of templates that have a great design, and are totally responsive, also allow the use of applications that integrate different functionalities to the website in a fast way, it is excellent for projects that have a large amount of information, since it has several tools that facilitate SEO, in addition it also integrates well with google analytics, with its content manager making CRUD is really easy and fast, so publishing content is an easy task, plus everything can be done without having to write code.

Minpunten

Although it is easy to edit web pages, you only need to drag and drop, to modify some additional functions or to edit the website more thoroughly, you need to know html and css, which maybe for users who do not know it complicates the task of personalizing their web page, does not allow to restore the website to previous versions manually, so you must contact the helpdesk, however, they are very attentive and respond quickly.

Neyda Jose
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Website designer accessible and easy to use

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2019

Weebly is a tool that allows you to design web pages with really attractive designs thanks to the fact that the templates provided are of quality that is why the pages can be used not only for personal use but also for professional level, their plans are very accessible and it is a easy to use site is why it has been useful to please different customers looking for a website that represents them.

Pluspunten

Weebly I like it a lot mainly because it is a tool for designing web pages that is really easy to use, because in its interface you can see templates organized in different sectors and although not many are offered, they are of quality and they are organized so that it is much more simple to handle the search of the one that is considered appropriate to represent the website that you want to design, on the other hand it is magnificent that provides the power to visualize in advance how the website could be seen with the different templates, besides this tool saves the tedious work of having to look for the page to adapt to different devices because in an automated way the pages are optimized so that when visualizing in said devices they do not see in an inadequate way.

Minpunten

One of the things that bother me the most is that Weebly does not provide its users with backups of the websites, so it is quite tedious in case there is a very drastic change in the site or if for some reason the database is altered the website will be lost.

Iqra
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Best Website Builder for Website and Online Store

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2020

I have created a few online store websites for my clients, and they are really satisfied and happy. I always add products in these store websites with titles and descriptions. No doubt, I have increased the number of sales for the products that I have published on these websites. So anyone can grow the business using the Weebly website builder. I am really happy with Weebly. Because now I am able to design beautiful websites.

Pluspunten

You can build and launch a professional website using Weebly website builder. Weebly offers powerful tools and using these tools you can customize your website in a professional way. You can easily manage order management, shipping, and payments for your online store. You can build a stunning and fabulous website for your business. The Weebly website builder is really easy to understand and use. Lots of templates that you can edit.

Minpunten

The dashboard and tools are really easy to use. Whenever I edit the content of my websites using Weebly, I never faced any issue in these tools. So according to my experience and point of view, there are no cons in Weebly.

• Sector: Meubels
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

No-fuss, no-frills, satisfying website creator for simple websites

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2018

I run some small personal websites with it.

Pluspunten

It's quick, easy, and gets the job done. You're not going the build the world's greatest site with it, let's not kid ourselves. But if you just need a clean, basic website that communicates what you need to say and you don't want to waste a lot of time doing it, this is a good go-to. There are nice, modern templates, drag and drop interfaces, and they now have a third party plugin gallery. Not a lot of content yet, but maybe it will get there someday. It's got nothing on Wordpress though. It's affordably priced, although I understand their pricing is going to change to be more expensive. I've been using them for over 10 years, to run my small, personal sites; but I might have to consider changing in the next couple years.

Minpunten

It's not terribly powerful if you don't want to get into html, and the third party support for it is pretty lacking. Lots of features you'd find on Wordpress or even other similar platforms are absent. But for the price (as it is today), it's hard to complain. Also, I have trouble getting help from their support. I've had issues with logging in and I may or may not get a response, and if I do I might have to wait a day or so. I don't know about you, but when I need to make a change to my site, I need to make a change, I can't wait around for a whole day. Fortunately, in the long time I've used Weebly, this has only happened a few times.

Pam
  • Sector: Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Love Weebly for Easy Website Building!

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2016

I've been struggling with my organization for years to get a website that looks great and is affordable. After 3 professional attempts at sites, we switched to Weebly. After watching about an hour of tutorial videos, I was able to build our own site quickly and easily. Best of all, it looks really good - especially for what we pay! You don't have to know HTML or have a lot of expertise to have a sharp looking, affordable website. I love that we can maintain it ourselves - no delay in waiting for busy designers to update our content. The online commerce features work really well. Also love the contact forms. It's doesn't have fancy form builders for complex event registration - but I haven't tried all their apps - they add more regularly. They also just rolled out updated features in Weebly 4 that I'm looking forward to implementing. I have built 5 sites now with Weebly - all different levels of subscriptions - and I've been pleased with all of them. I have also referred a couple of business associates to Weebly. A great option for those needing basic websites with e-commerce and many other features without the hefty price tag. I highly recommend!

Pluspunten

Ease of use. Modern designs. Great Value.

Minpunten

Wouldn't mind better event registration capabilities and event calendar options - but I have found other software that fills in the gaps and Weebly allows links to outside pages - so it works!

Lucky Griffin
  • Sector: Mediaproductie
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Weebly Review

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2021

My overall experience with Weebly has been an improvement from experiences I have had with other sitebuilders which tend to feel cluttered and complicated. I would recommend Weebly.

Pluspunten

Weebly is a fairly easy to use website buidling platform with easily customisable templates. Aside from that I also liked the fact that its SEO settings for the free version are more customisable than some of their competitors like wordpress, making the Weebly free version more findable by such engines hence it is more customisable for digital marketing. It was fairly simple integrating Weebly into our business process.

Minpunten

The only thing I did not like about the software is that it can be slow while in editor mode. However I am not sure if this was the software being slow or my internet connection.