Quicken

Brengt al je accounts samen op één plek

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Susan
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

Ideal for My Solorpreneur Marketing Consulting Business

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2022

I am very pleased with the ease of entering data into the system. It saves me the cost of having a bookkeeper. I am able to categorize expenses myself and take full advantage of knowing what i was buying for business and for personal life. I know it is saving my a lot on my taxes, as I have proof of my deductions versus just guessing. It used to take me days to prepare my docs for my CPA not it is in a matter of hours I have all the numbers she will need.

Pluspunten

The best feature I like is the way you can split items on a receipt into their own categories. For example, I go to Walgreens and buy cosmetics, copy paper, thank you notes, and business head shot photo prints. I enter Walgreens for the Payee, then I assign / split where the expenses will go in my categories. Cosmetic - Personal Care, Copy Paper, thank you notes - Business: Office Supplies, Photo prints - Business: Photography. I make my tax reporting a breeze for my Schedule C line items. I also love generating reports on income and expenses. Great for planning or estimating funds for seasonal work loads.

Minpunten

It actually has more features than I want to use. For example - the investment section, I tried to use it - but to enter buy - sell information and dividends and details was way too time consuming for me. I just as soon get my reports from my brokerage firm.

Emerson
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Have used it for years, still liking it!

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2021

Good, easy tool to track your money, some technical issues with downloading.

Pluspunten

Quicken quickly and efficiently tracks all my spending, earning and investments, and I have been able to link most of my accounts so it does it automatically.

Minpunten

Not all accounts can be linked, especially not international ones. And occasionally it has brought in duplicate transactions which are a nightmare to reconcile.

Phil
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Such a great software, I now teach it to my students.

Beoordeeld op 4-9-2022

I used this software for many years, and it became such a staple in my life that I decided to introduce it into the Computer Skills class I thought young teenagers. I think Quicken is an invaluable tool that will help kids get a great jumpstart in life, and make their money work for them.

Pluspunten

I've been using Quicken for nearly 20 years now, and having so much history within the software allows me great forecasting and predictive knowledge.

Minpunten

Updates are always terrifying.....especially when I've got 20 years or transactions in there. Back up early and often.

David
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Not nearly as good as the Quicken of old before sold by Intuit

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2022

I have been using Quicken for decades and it was always wonderful software. Since Intuit sold out Quicken simply has far more bugs, does not work nearly as well as the prior versions. Its too late for me to switch, but if you are starting out in your own business, consider whatever alternatives out there are available before getting bogged down with this now very buggy product. Its the old cliche I guess, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Of course this new company had to change everything up, in particular the reports function and now I find it misses transactions often enough that I don't trust the software for accuracy.

Pluspunten

It does its job though not nearly as well as the older versions

Minpunten

Very, very buggy and far more difficult to use than the older version

Gerardo
  • Sector: Horeca

Great cash management tool

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2022

I used Microsoft Money for years and by far this is a much better product than what MsMoney was, I highly recommend it.

Pluspunten

I use it daily to reconcile my bank accounts and it is done just by downloading the bank's transactions, I use it a lot for writing cheques.

Minpunten

Quicken often has issue connecting automatically to the financial institutions, therefore I prefer to manually download the transactions which is don in just a few seconds.

Aryana
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

quicken is inexpensive but has errors

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2020

I liked the price and the short learning curve to get up and running. I liked the flexible reporting available. There was a lot of trouble importing transactions which is why I stopped using it. It wouldn't import automatically and I had to download from the bank and Paypal and then upload.

Kelli
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Easier to learn that Quickbooks but not as many features

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2022

Works really well for keeping track of spending across multiple accounts and offers simple solutions for designating expenses.

Pluspunten

I was able to easily import out multiple business accounts into Quicken, something I was not able to do with Quickbooks. Updating accounts is quick and easy too. I like the simple flagging option that allows me to mark a transaction for later investigation.

Minpunten

Will not generate a simple profit and loss statement based on accounts. I understand Quicken is meant more for personal, than business use, but it would still be a nice feature to have.

Peter
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

30-Year Quicken User

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2021

Intuit is so exploitive, that I would actually consider them to be immoral and I have tried many times to move to a different product, but they make it very difficult.

Pluspunten

Of the personal finance managers, Quicken is probably the best. Other packages at or below this cost lack a majority of their features and in order to get them, you would have to upgrade to a much more expensive package, so it is at a price sweet spot.

Minpunten

I've been using Quicken since 1992 and consider myself quite familiar with the package. The Quicken business model is and always has been exploitive and has been adding and subtracting features for years in an attempt to always have a new product to sell. Their current subscription model is no different. However, they never improve the product. There are bugs still there that have been there since the 90's. They're reports and windows do not zoom. They do not use Windows conventions, for example keystrokes. When working properly, it provides a lot of value, but it is very easy to introduce errors into the data and impossible to fix them. Their customer support is an absolute joke. It's normally a 40-minute queue to talk to an idiot and they are so propaganda driven, that they delete any negative posts or reviews from their sites and their forum. They purposely obstruct you from transferring to their competitors. I myself have had to purchase 7 versions of the program since 2000 and that's BEFORE they moved to a subscription model. Every release introduces more bugs, but they make it impossible to freeze a particular version, constantly cutting off web access and they have Upgrade Nags constantly that you can't get rid of. And they are entirely shameless about it.

Sofia

Easy and helpful

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2022

Pluspunten

I like the ability of developing financial reports customized for my needs.

Minpunten

I can't recall what I like the least about it. The program attends my needs.

Mauricio
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2022

Pluspunten

I like using Quickens for my personal checking accounting.

Minpunten

I do not like that it is only available on the desktop.

James
  • Sector: Computersoftware

Lack of availability for Mac

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2018

I cannot say more than I already have. I’ve had to save information on my Mac and then pick it up on my PC just to send an invoice. This is inconvenient. It takes time that could be better off spend doing other things. Please, Quicken, bring Home and Business to Mac. Also, allow the ability to edit previous entries. I’ve noticed issues in the past that could have been easily fixed with an edit button, but you cannot. This should be fixed. As the leader in accounting software, it should have more features available than it does.

Pluspunten

Quicken seems to be the go-to accounting software in the industry, so naturally we went with it. We were very happy with Quicken, as it is easy to teach to our new employees. I also really like the seamlessness of the program between a Mac and a PC. My laptop is a Mac while my home computer is a PC, and I find that the program itself is very similar on both platforms, and thus very easy to use. However, we initially intended to purchase Quicken for Home and Business, but it is not available for Mac, so we had to take a step back and purchase Quicken Premier. This was more than slightly annoying, but we managed to make it work.

Minpunten

The lack of availability of Home and Business for Mac is a big con for me. The Home and Business program allows for custom invoices, which would look really good for our small business. We also wanted the ability to track our profit and loss, so we purchased it for my home computer. We can still send out the custom invoices on our PCs, but it would be a lot easier if it were available for Mac. Hopefully, there will be an option to purchase Home and Business in the future for Mac.

Patrick
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Best Desktop Accounting Software

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2020

That software allows you to back up in the cloud and your computer. It has all the special effects at Quickbooks.

Pluspunten

Ease of use and it allows you to add multiple businesses or personal accounts.
The price is what it should be for accounting software. Excellent Support, I used the support two times and was very impressed with the customer service.

Minpunten

No way that I know of to recover the password vault.

Redenen om voor Quicken te kiezen

The price, it's significantly less than most competitors.

Overgestapt van

Quickbooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Quicken

It's the old Quicken but better.
Phil

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Serious improvement is only possible with serious measurement

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2020

These days we all have multiple accounts: checking, savings, investing, real estate, retirement, etc. All these accounts are necessary in today's world, however, keeping track of them all is a serious problem. Quicken is a tool that will bring all of these accounts into a single dashboard and help you stay on top of all the changes. While Quicken is an older piece of software and will probably never see a full rewrite to make it more modern, it is the only option for serious personal finance and it works well enough to get the job done.

Pluspunten

It allows me to stay on top of my finances by downloading transactions from all my accounts into a single dashboard. It allows me to answer any question I have about my finances.

Minpunten

It is slow! Simple tasks like reconciling an account can be aggravating as the hourglass icon comes up way more often then it should for a simple task. I have run this on a modern Intel Core i7 processor and it is still a dog. You definitely need to be patient with this software.

Daan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Amazing -cheap- accounting software

Beoordeeld op 2-6-2022

Great experience.

Pluspunten

The software has a solid UI so it is easy to see where your money goes. Easy to use and practical. Great for small to medium businesses because it is not very expensive and has many features.

Minpunten

The interface can look a bit outdated to some, but al the information you need is there. In 1 place. Very convenient.

Overwogen alternatieven

e-Boekhouden.nl en Striven

Redenen om voor Quicken te kiezen

Quicken is more known in our area.

Overgestapt van

Striven

Redenen om over te stappen op Quicken

Quicken is more known in our area.
Thandile
  • Sector: Entertainment
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Extraordinary for following your financial status, all around incredible.

Beoordeeld op 8-4-2021

Exceptional for getting your records all together and starting to see elevated perspective where you and your money is. I could have done without the evaporated features before my last update yet i'm adequate now. It's one of my essential applications!

Pluspunten

It's a direct mechanical assembly to use for most business structures fit for managing trades, taking everything into account, and repeat. It is the best product (in my opinion) to follow records, adventures and business pay/expenses in all cases spot and on your work region rather than having that information simply on the web. Having the option to see each record in one spot truly permits you to all the more likely control your funds and spending plan. It's absolutely the best.

Minpunten

What I have gotten extremely astounded with is the marking in and my intuit ID. At whatever point the systems logs me out, for no good reason, whenever I log back in, it just doesn't take me to my standard page, it makes another page and new record for me. It's terrifying and it has been occurring even more once in a while. In like manner, I do feel the spending section of the application could use some work. I genuinely cherished it as a matter of first importance, however at this point it is fairly a desolation to use and have not used it since.

MARK
  • Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great financial tool! I would be lost without it!

Beoordeeld op 22-4-2021

I love this tool and use it daily to track all of my finances. i would be lost without it!

Pluspunten

I love how quicken puts all of your financial companies all in one view. The biggest reason i switched from Yodlee was the fact you could add recurring future dated transactions. Many financial tracking tools do not have this. This was a make or break feature for me, as I like to see exactly how much money i will have in the bank in 30,60, 90 etc.. days in the future. Quicken does this, and does it wonderfully!

Minpunten

The only con I can think of is there are too many features. I am by no means a power user, and just use the basic transaction features. I do not use any of the budgeting tools or other such things, but I am sure they are very useful to others. It would be nice to see a simple mode that turned off many of those features if you are not using them

Daniel
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

stay up to date quickly with quicken

Beoordeeld op 3-3-2021

We first started using this back in 2003. we have used the different versions over time as they upgrade. It is great because our account is well versed in the program, and therefore it saves us time and money to do the year-end reports.

Pluspunten

This program is very versatile. Our account appreciates the account version that we can send him to do our year ends or PPP. It saves from manually recording checks into the register, allows us to split receipts, and split how we pay. the program is easy to use, and our bookkeeper can find online help or customer service help quickly and accurately. This is a program that is worth the money, and you won't switch because the years build off of each other.

Minpunten

It takes a little time to understand how it works. You need to really pay attention to how you set your program up and enter the data to distinguish between vendors, clients, etc., overall a solid program accepted in the industry.

Roger
  • Sector: Managementconsulting

USe it daily and have since the early 1990,s

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017

Pluspunten

Puts all your finances in one place, updates all accounts with minimal keystrokes rather than having to go to each website yourself (Saving lots of time) works like an on-screen checkbook. See your net worth accounts and liabilities in one place. Navigation is easy as a click of the mouse.

Minpunten

Intuit, the author, recently sold Quicken to an Investment Group. When Microsoft dropped MS Money, Quicken became the Monopoly in the market. Now the new company made some changes and icons are different, some screens have pop-up windows that don't work right, and the internet is full of complaints from long time users. Most of the glitches I found are minor, but changes were made so that everyone had to renew in-order to be able to access all your accounts online with Quicken, a strategy they may use to continually force upgrades and fees! Watch for this. This is what happens when someone sees a chance to capitalize on a monopoly!

David
  • Sector: Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

A Product Whose Time Has Passed

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019

Pluspunten

Quicken for more than a decade has been "the" standard for personal financial management and I used it for many years to track my families spending habits, transactions, retirement and more. It's "the" gold standard for anyone looking to track their financial health.

Minpunten

Multiple online products, including Mint which is also owned by Intuit that makes Quicken, covers 90% of the features/functions that you would normally run on your computer. For those that don't want to trust their information to such web/cloud services then Quicken still remains a viable option. However, in recent years Quicken has begun to scale back on services like Bill Pay as banks and other online services take over. I don't think Quicken is going away any time soon, but it's very clear that it's time has passed and it's only a matter of time until Intuit makes the decision to retire the software.

Lynn
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Don't give up - it's probably worth it.

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2020

I had used many different types of accounting software for small and large businesses. So when I wanted a software program for my own purposes, and to grow from our personal finances into a small side business, I expected to use Quickbooks because I was familiar. Someone recommended Quicken. I tried to set it up 3 times in a free trial period, but it seemed very difficult, so I let it slide. One slow day, I persevered and completed the set up. Thank goodness I did. Once the set up is complete, the functioning is so much smoother and easier than Quickbooks was for my purposes. I'm so glad I didn't give up. I am saving time and money by using Quicken now. Well worth the effort in the set up.

Pluspunten

The functionality has impressed me. It's bill pay feature is better than I had anticipated, and it's layout and easy viewing is making it one of my new favorite accounting software programs - and I've had many. I didn't think I would want to stray from Quickbooks, but 3 months in and I am thinking I may not want to ever go back. Correction.... I am thinking I may not ever NEED to go back.

Minpunten

I was a little overwhelmed in the set up - which is why I set up my accounts in the free trial 3 times and let it sit for months. It seemed too daunting and I was scared it would be way too complex and difficult to navigate. I just didn't give it chance. Once you get past the start, it's way easier, I believe, than Quickbooks. Simpler, so it may not be for everyone, but it is for my purposes.

Cheryl

Great Personal Bookkeeping Software

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2021

I really love using Quicken. I would definitely recommend it for use for personal bookkeeping.

Pluspunten

Quicken is very, very easy to use. It is great for bookkeeping for personal accounts. The basic Quicken does not track debt and investments, so if you want to do that you have to upgrade to the more expensive one.

Minpunten

This software cannot really be used for business use. Also, I used to be able to buy the CD and install it on my computer and use it for 3 or 4 years. Now you have to pay a yearly fee to use the software. Also, when I bought the CD I could keep up with my loans and investments. Now you have to pay quite a bit more to do that.

Randy

Quicken is Best Desktop based Home financial software

Beoordeeld op 22-7-2021

I have used Quicken for portfolio and asset management for over 20 years. The software has improved with new technology and returns excellent value.

Pluspunten

Its able to link to and download complicated financial transactions, maintain their values, shares owned from most major institutions. It links to your accounts with most major bank and credit card companies. It also allows non-online assets ans liabilities to be tracked.

Their reporting shows net worth statements, cash flow statement and other reports suitable to track a large and complex portfolio of assets.

Minpunten

Links to some institutions can be damaged due to changing security needs. Their support in improving those links is excellent.

Doug
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

have to hold your nose to deal with thieving Intuit (maker of quicken)

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2020

it sucks; see the cons.

Pluspunten

works most of the time but not always as upgrades have frequently broke my configured reports

Minpunten

they changed to a subscription service a couple years ago and force you to pay every year when I (and millions of other users) were perfectly content with the software that we already paid them for. While I hated that they were extorting a fee from me I almost got taken by them again when I went to downgrade my service to the lowest level. Their order form online starts the subscription the day you do the downgrade rather than starting it after my existing, already paid, subscription ends (which results in them stealing another month of fees from me). I hate them but as my title suggests; I put up with them because there is no other product that does what it does as well.

Ruben
  • Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Another all-time favorite agonizes in the mobile era

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2018

Quicken needs to move faster to mobile and cloud if it really wants to survive.
100% integration with QuickBooks, additional security features, support for more cloud backup providers are features that should be already available but are no show.
Intuit own's Mint App is an example of how Quicken should be but, for some reason, they have decided to continue working on the same outdated software instead of relaunching.
Still, Quicken is a big respected brand in the financial software world that continues to be one of my favorites.

Pluspunten

- A longtime runner with a big user fan base
- The very familiar interface allows old users to upgrade without a steep learning curve
- Very similar Mac and Windows version allows painless platform switch
- Supports most banks and account syncing in The US
- Does not require a monthly or annual fee

Minpunten

- The interface is beginning to look a bit outdated compared to new mobile apps available for iOS and Android
- No equivalent mobile version available
- Cloud syncing and backup is limited and not easy to setup (dropbox required)
- Version to version upgrades sometimes include little to no enough new features for the price (That's why some users are still using 5-8 years old versions)

Joseph

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Good bang for the buck for basic accounting

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2018

Smaller businesses with less than 30 rentals, should be able to use this software and compensate for te deficiencies with desktop software like excel. This would be a very cost effective way of having computerized check register and reporting while minimizing software costs.

Pluspunten

Integration with almost every bank to download transactions automatically makes me confident that we will not miss any transaction and keeps me updated on our balances on a daily basis.
Categories and Tags are very powerful and flexible tools that allow you to custom configure how you use the software and define your reporting requirements.

Minpunten

Other than a good transaction register (with categories & Tags) , the program lacks many needed features for managing a rental business. The rental aspect is almost non-existaent.