Quicken

Brengt al je accounts samen op één plek

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
Functies
Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Daniel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

stay up to date quickly with quicken

Beoordeeld op 3-3-2021

We first started using this back in 2003. we have used the different versions over time as they upgrade. It is great because our account is well versed in the program, and therefore it saves us time and money to do the year-end reports.

Pluspunten

This program is very versatile. Our account appreciates the account version that we can send him to do our year ends or PPP. It saves from manually recording checks into the register, allows us to split receipts, and split how we pay. the program is easy to use, and our bookkeeper can find online help or customer service help quickly and accurately. This is a program that is worth the money, and you won't switch because the years build off of each other.

Minpunten

It takes a little time to understand how it works. You need to really pay attention to how you set your program up and enter the data to distinguish between vendors, clients, etc., overall a solid program accepted in the industry.

Patrick
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Best Desktop Accounting Software

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2020

That software allows you to back up in the cloud and your computer. It has all the special effects at Quickbooks.

Pluspunten

Ease of use and it allows you to add multiple businesses or personal accounts.
The price is what it should be for accounting software. Excellent Support, I used the support two times and was very impressed with the customer service.

Minpunten

No way that I know of to recover the password vault.

Redenen om voor Quicken te kiezen

The price, it's significantly less than most competitors.

Overgestapt van

Quickbooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Quicken

It's the old Quicken but better.
Carol

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Stopped using after 20 years

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2023

Installed, set up and transferred my data from my old PC to my brand new Mac. When I went the next day to open the program it wouldn't open. Tried everything w/my techie friend. Finally called Quicken, got disconnected once when he put my on hold not knowing what to do. Second tech specialist told me it must be a problem with the Mac, even though every other program/app works on the Mac! I had them cancel my subscription.

Pluspunten

I don't know, after the initial installation it wouldn't open

Minpunten

Technical support is useless, refused to let me speak to someone at a higher level. They couldn't figure out, in my email address, how to spell 'attorney'---didn't know what one was.

Diane

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Long time user for ease and price

Beoordeeld op 7-10-2022

Very helpful and saves time for my business, keeping me informed of bank account status.

Pluspunten

I have been using Quicken for personal and small business use for 20 years. It is very easy to use, easier than QuickBooks, and is reasonably priced. I can keep up with bank accounts automatically updated and create helpful reports.

Minpunten

Glitches in downloads with bank sometimes mess up register

Overwogen alternatieven

Quickbooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Quicken

Prior experience, ease of use, cost
Darcy
  • Sector: Administratie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Quicken Customer Service and product ease of functionality drop since Intuit Split

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2017

After about two decades of relying on this software for myself and some clients, I am now reluctantly looking for a replacement program.

Pluspunten

It's super easy to utilize if you have basic bookkeeping experience and you are not accounting for investments. Menu options are sensibly grouped. Back up and restore super easy if you want to move copies of file(s) to different computers.

Minpunten

Although this software has been very predictable and adequate for a long time, it has become less desirable since split from Intuit. Good luck getting thru to customer service, there have been so many complications to their change over that they are drowning in calls. Their operators are overwhelmed and seem to 'accidentally' hang up on a call all too frequently, after exhaustive hold times. I have been prompted repeatedly to change my passwords during the transition, and rather annoyingly, each time it is updated a different verification email is sent with a code that must be entered, that quickly expires. Don't get distracted, or you have to start all over! Just really inefficient, non-intuitive programming.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Subscrption Only - Goodbuy Quicken

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2019

Basic checkbook maintenance is good. All the "whistles and bells" added are not worth the cost.

Minpunten

Used Quicken for 20 years for only Checkbook management - latest versions REQUIRES an annual payment for services not used. Per Quicken Support - while the software is usable without renewing, you cannot remove the full side banner (top to bottom screen) and banner on the top that insists you renew, renew, renew. This is so irritating I switched software. If you are looking for a simple tool to just manage your checkbook QUICKEN is NOT it.

Dan
  • Sector: Grafisch ontwerp
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Quicken Adds Up

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2022

Tax and expense accounting is a breeze!!

Pluspunten

I upgrade to the latest Quicken Deluxe software a year ago. As a long time user I have found Quicken to be incredibly easy to learn and use by myself and my staff. Quick report functions help me with tax preparation. I love the ease of finding past expenses when a return is necessary.

Minpunten

I wish it was able to be owned outright instead of a subscription. But the software will continue to work on the local installed computer but will not be able to be reinstalled on another.

Phil
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Such a great software, I now teach it to my students.

Beoordeeld op 4-9-2022

I used this software for many years, and it became such a staple in my life that I decided to introduce it into the Computer Skills class I thought young teenagers. I think Quicken is an invaluable tool that will help kids get a great jumpstart in life, and make their money work for them.

Pluspunten

I've been using Quicken for nearly 20 years now, and having so much history within the software allows me great forecasting and predictive knowledge.

Minpunten

Updates are always terrifying.....especially when I've got 20 years or transactions in there. Back up early and often.

Carly
  • Sector: Muziek
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Very Complete Accounting & Tax Keeping Software

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2022

Overall while I don't use Quicken any longer, I'd still recommend it for users who want a professional accounting software. It's not as user friendly as Quickbooks in my opinion, but it has more in depth features for those who want to get deep into accounting for their business. Definitely a really high quality product!

Pluspunten

The thing I like the most about Quicken is all the features - it's very professional and can put you on the same tier as accountants! Any type of chart, graph or table you want to make, you can make. While this is great for those with more of an understanding of accounting, it's too much for me :)

Minpunten

For me, Quicken was honestly a little too complex. After using it for a few years, I switched to another Intuit product - Quickbooks Self Employed online. I'm not a professional accountant by any stretch and not the best with keeping up with finances, so this was too in depth for me.

Daan
  • Sector: Administratie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Amazing -cheap- accounting software

Beoordeeld op 2-6-2022

Great experience.

Pluspunten

The software has a solid UI so it is easy to see where your money goes. Easy to use and practical. Great for small to medium businesses because it is not very expensive and has many features.

Minpunten

The interface can look a bit outdated to some, but al the information you need is there. In 1 place. Very convenient.

Overwogen alternatieven

e-Boekhouden.nl en Striven

Redenen om voor Quicken te kiezen

Quicken is more known in our area.

Overgestapt van

Striven

Redenen om over te stappen op Quicken

Quicken is more known in our area.
David
  • Sector: Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

A Product Whose Time Has Passed

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019

Pluspunten

Quicken for more than a decade has been "the" standard for personal financial management and I used it for many years to track my families spending habits, transactions, retirement and more. It's "the" gold standard for anyone looking to track their financial health.

Minpunten

Multiple online products, including Mint which is also owned by Intuit that makes Quicken, covers 90% of the features/functions that you would normally run on your computer. For those that don't want to trust their information to such web/cloud services then Quicken still remains a viable option. However, in recent years Quicken has begun to scale back on services like Bill Pay as banks and other online services take over. I don't think Quicken is going away any time soon, but it's very clear that it's time has passed and it's only a matter of time until Intuit makes the decision to retire the software.

Lynn
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Don't give up - it's probably worth it.

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2020

I had used many different types of accounting software for small and large businesses. So when I wanted a software program for my own purposes, and to grow from our personal finances into a small side business, I expected to use Quickbooks because I was familiar. Someone recommended Quicken. I tried to set it up 3 times in a free trial period, but it seemed very difficult, so I let it slide. One slow day, I persevered and completed the set up. Thank goodness I did. Once the set up is complete, the functioning is so much smoother and easier than Quickbooks was for my purposes. I'm so glad I didn't give up. I am saving time and money by using Quicken now. Well worth the effort in the set up.

Pluspunten

The functionality has impressed me. It's bill pay feature is better than I had anticipated, and it's layout and easy viewing is making it one of my new favorite accounting software programs - and I've had many. I didn't think I would want to stray from Quickbooks, but 3 months in and I am thinking I may not want to ever go back. Correction.... I am thinking I may not ever NEED to go back.

Minpunten

I was a little overwhelmed in the set up - which is why I set up my accounts in the free trial 3 times and let it sit for months. It seemed too daunting and I was scared it would be way too complex and difficult to navigate. I just didn't give it chance. Once you get past the start, it's way easier, I believe, than Quickbooks. Simpler, so it may not be for everyone, but it is for my purposes.

Ruben
  • Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Another all-time favorite agonizes in the mobile era

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2018

Quicken needs to move faster to mobile and cloud if it really wants to survive.
100% integration with QuickBooks, additional security features, support for more cloud backup providers are features that should be already available but are no show.
Intuit own's Mint App is an example of how Quicken should be but, for some reason, they have decided to continue working on the same outdated software instead of relaunching.
Still, Quicken is a big respected brand in the financial software world that continues to be one of my favorites.

Pluspunten

- A longtime runner with a big user fan base
- The very familiar interface allows old users to upgrade without a steep learning curve
- Very similar Mac and Windows version allows painless platform switch
- Supports most banks and account syncing in The US
- Does not require a monthly or annual fee

Minpunten

- The interface is beginning to look a bit outdated compared to new mobile apps available for iOS and Android
- No equivalent mobile version available
- Cloud syncing and backup is limited and not easy to setup (dropbox required)
- Version to version upgrades sometimes include little to no enough new features for the price (That's why some users are still using 5-8 years old versions)

Mike
  • Sector: Verzekeringen

• Klantenondersteuning

Is there anything out there other than Quicken?????

Beoordeeld op 8-3-2018

If I could give less than 1 star I would! I have been a huge supporter of Quicken in the past. I encouraged my kids and clients and anyone that would listen to use Quicken. Sorry!
I have now gone to using my online banking bill pay through my bank which is free!

Pluspunten

This used to be a great product! I have used it since 1993 to track my business finances and investments. It really helps at tax time.

Minpunten

Support is worse than non-existent. It is March 8th and I have been trying to get support since the first week in January. I was on the phone with a rep for 2 hours trying to get bill pay to work. I was told to hang on I need to ask my manager about that and then hung up on. I tried chatting and was told that you cannot use chat for online bill pay. Called the support number and was told that there is a special number for online bill pay. I called that number and was told by the rep that I needed to go to quickenbillpay.com but he would stay on the line and would call me back if I got disconnected. That was a week ago. Still havent gotten at call. Went through the insutructions on the quickenbillpay.com website to set up a new account and it indicated it would take 2 -3 days to set up an account and I would receive 2 transactions on my bank statement from them. Check my statement and then come back and enter those figures to confirm I own the account. That was 6 days ago and still no transactions. Yesterday I received an email that I must send in 1. My drivers License. 2. My Social Security Card. 3. my most recent utility bill from water, gas, or electric company only. 4. A voided check from each account I want to use.
Sounds like an internet scam to me. I called quicken and explained I wasn't comfortable sending all of this over the internet and by the way I have been paying for your services for 25 years and now you want all of this info. Their response is quicken was sold and that they are a new company and they have to have the info or no bill pay services! No wonder they bill pay services are now included in the Premier package. No one can use it! The bad part is I have all of my payments for cars, houses, utilities, credit cards set up for auto pay using quicken bill pay. Now I have to find another way to get them paid because it has taken 2 months and I still am not set up for bill pay. By the way they don't tell you this is what happens when you download Quicken 2018. Beware!

Jason

Links your bank account.
Does recurring invoices
Can file your taxes
Payroll
Can set up automatic payment for customers.

Minpunten

Can link two recurring invoices for a customer. Ex. The regular monthly invoice then when the semi annual invoice needs to be billed it doesn’t link so I have to print two invoices. Also, when I print all the invoices it doesn’t print each person’s invoice right after the other. So I end up searching for that second invoice. It’s a mess. It sounds so confusing to read what I wrote. But basically sometimes I end up sending two separate envelopes on the same month for one customer because when it needs to be printed it doesn’t organize then invoices per customer.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Quicken is great

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

It has been massively helpful with personal finance and keeping track of bank account balances.

Pluspunten

I like Quicken for how it's fairly easy to set things up. I prefer manual sync since I prefer creating payees on my own, but it gives me a pretty good view of my expenses and the stocks I have.

Minpunten

I'm not a fan of the subscription pricing, but to their credit Quicken did credit me a discount when I asked them after initially purchasing the software without one. I do wish the budgeting was a bit better as it's not perfect, and sometimes I feel like the direct bank sync can be a bit wonky when it comes to sharing information.

Harlan
  • Sector: Medische praktijk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Quicken works for a smaller office or business

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2021

Overall I like Quicken... it has done its job albeit more expensively than before

Pluspunten

Quicken allows me to keep track of income and expenditures with a small learning curve

Minpunten

I have used Quicken for many years and what I dislike the most is that I can no longer purchase the software outright, without Intuit having their claws into my wallet. You have to purchase the seat for the software every couple of years, where before you didnt. You only had to upgrade, if the software had new features that you wanted

Nancy
  • Sector: Filantropie

Using Quicken for different scenarios

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018

I use Quicken for two very different entities: 1) a small nonprofit support organization and 2) our former small business and our personal accounting needs. It works well for both these.

Pluspunten

The ease in entering data, and the ability to produce reports that are useful. It is not necessary to use ALL the features offered by Quicken software. One can pick and choose what is useful for their needs.

Minpunten

I have not found flaws in this software. I have not yet found an easy way to convert reports into pdf format in order to provide to others who cannot access Quicken reports. I am certain there is a way to do this, I just have not taken the time to work through the process.

Marty
  • Sector: Horeca

Top Notch Software going downhill

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2018

I believe Quicken is making a mistake going subscription based only. I think they should offer a choice between product ownership or subscription based. After all these years with Quicken, I may be parting relationship because of this and I am not the only user who has the same sentiment. Short of going subscription based, Quicken would be a 5 star in my opinion.

Pluspunten

I have used Quicken software of various versions for over 20 years.
Overall a great piece of accounting software.
Provides flexibility reporting.

Minpunten

Does not provide option to use account numbers (I have to incorporate account numbers within the account description)
Current versions are not going to subscription based.

Jeff
  • Sector: Bankwezen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great product if you need a simple to use, yet powerful features product.

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2019

We own a variety of rental properties and having the ability to manage different types of property like monthly rentals which has standard monthly rent, as well as manage vacation rentals which payments and rental dates fluctuate. QRPM handles all the scenarios with ease and great reporting.

Pluspunten

Have used Quicken products for over 30 years and for the cost you cannot beat the features and ease of use. Have used Rental Manager for past 5 years to manage 7+ rental properties and ability to track and manage payments and track expenses into a ledger with the greatest of ease is priceless for someone that doesn't need a full blown accounting system with GL#, etc.

Minpunten

Rare that you ever need to call support, but if you do, calling Intuit support has always been a frustrating experience. Just reaching someone knowledgeable to help was always challenging, but i have heard it's improved over past few years as have not had to use support but 2-3 times in life of product.

John

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Online check book with lots of buproduct benifits

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2017

For the price of this product the features and functions are excellent for small business and personal use.

Pluspunten

The product is easy to use and has excellent help functions. Check writing and reconciliation is simple and effective. The ability to run reports and summarize by payee, category etc and sort the data is a great tool for you G/L posting. The product also help alert missing check numbers and duplicates.

Minpunten

Would be great if the product had a feature to print mailing labels from the payee file. It would also be nice to have an easy way to have multi address for the same payee.

Ronald
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Financial advisor at home

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2022

It's definitely a program for those that want to financially become stable and have emergency money for the future. Not only that, it allows one to see how much income they're having versus their spending budget.

Pluspunten

I love how I can allocate and precisely place all my bills and financial endeavors and categories that will project my budget to allow me to save money

Minpunten

Didn't like how it told some of my future payments that allocated my interest for my car payments which made me want to lower my APR for the future investments that I had

Delmar
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Good but not great

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2018

Pluspunten

Fairly simple to use and has lots of features. I really like that I can make invoices as well. The reporting is well featured and intuitive.

Minpunten

The thing I don't like is that I've been with their tech support a few times. They are terrifically slow. For example, I'll chat with them online and literally spend 3 hours at a time and get no where. Eventually I have to go because I have other things to do. Then a few weeks later another 3 hours.
In the end they blame it on a corrupted file. They refused to help me with that.

Anne
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An excellent software to manage your finances!

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

Overall, my experience is excellent. It helps with tax preparation but most important for keeping a handle on personal finances. An elegant software!

Pluspunten

I have used Quicken for almost two decades, to keep our family's personal finances on track. It is excellent, dependable, easy to use even if you are not a tech-genius.

Minpunten

There are some challenges in linking to a personal bank account, probably to do with security; but it does make some downloads a little challenging.

Susan
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

Ideal for My Solorpreneur Marketing Consulting Business

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2022

I am very pleased with the ease of entering data into the system. It saves me the cost of having a bookkeeper. I am able to categorize expenses myself and take full advantage of knowing what i was buying for business and for personal life. I know it is saving my a lot on my taxes, as I have proof of my deductions versus just guessing. It used to take me days to prepare my docs for my CPA not it is in a matter of hours I have all the numbers she will need.

Pluspunten

The best feature I like is the way you can split items on a receipt into their own categories. For example, I go to Walgreens and buy cosmetics, copy paper, thank you notes, and business head shot photo prints. I enter Walgreens for the Payee, then I assign / split where the expenses will go in my categories. Cosmetic - Personal Care, Copy Paper, thank you notes - Business: Office Supplies, Photo prints - Business: Photography. I make my tax reporting a breeze for my Schedule C line items. I also love generating reports on income and expenses. Great for planning or estimating funds for seasonal work loads.

Minpunten

It actually has more features than I want to use. For example - the investment section, I tried to use it - but to enter buy - sell information and dividends and details was way too time consuming for me. I just as soon get my reports from my brokerage firm.