Chargebee

4,4 (83)
Schrijf een review!
Software voor facturering van abonnementen en terugkerende betalingen

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Ram
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

Great product and even better Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2022

We are efficient in new client onboarding and subscription processes because of Chargebee. We were manually raising invoices before but with Chargebee the process is simplified and very effective.

Pluspunten

We have a SMB and Enterprise Sales team and use Chargebee for accounting and subscription purposes to great effect. Invoicing a new client is very easy and UI is super fluid. We have raised a couple of tickets when we encountered bugs but their Customer Success team got in touch with us and solved it within a day.

Minpunten

There were bugs (duplicate invoice created, client email not registering etc) these happen more frequently than we'd like. It's not that much of a problem because they get resolved super quick

László

Excellent subscription management platform

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019

Overall a very capable subscription management tool with great integrations and great support them!

Pluspunten

Excellent platform to manage your Saas Business. Great, very easy to use integrations with many vendors (Stripe, QuickBooks, Zapier, etc). Highly customizable settings for everything: email templates, the general look, and even the workflow & the custom fields.

Minpunten

Takes some time to get used to how to work together with your app and integrate everything to work flawlessly, but it worth it. I just wished that when the client has to select the quantity of their licenses, you could edit the label from Quantity to "users" or "licenses".

Stripe

Redenen om over te stappen op Chargebee

Integrations is a big plus!
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

To be avoided, it will cost you LT!

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2020

Pluspunten

Chargebee started as a good product challenging Recurly but now it's really one of the worst decision we ever took

Minpunten

Their representative explicitly lied to to us to get us on a higher pricing in order to get his bonus and then you are stuck with another representation trying to get you to pay even to get his bonus aswell for the same feature that were promised earlier by someone else.

Their management really needs to train their staff better & decide on a pricing policy that aligns interest (fixed or variable -- you can have it both ways! )

First chance we get, we get away from this scamming company!

Recurly, Odoo, Zuora, Stripe, GoCardless en Zoho Invoice

Easy Subscription Management

Beoordeeld op 25-2-2021

It has been useful to set up our automated subscription plans. Creating different plans, promos, and payment methods were quite easy.

Pluspunten

Chargebee makes it very easy to set up automatic billing, subscription creation, and setting up promos for our customers. The interface is fairly straightforward to navigate and they connect with much of our tech stack, which helps streamline workflows.

Minpunten

Not much to not like. There are a lot of settings, such as reminders and notifications that you need to make sure you set up if you want to stay on top of your billing. Once they are set up, they are very helpful!

Alister
Alister

easy subscription management software

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2018

managing payments on saas product.

using for invoicing and planning

managing payments on saas product.

using for invoicing and planning

Pluspunten

nice options available to flexible pricing options for SaaS.

complete suite to manage invoicing and recurring payment.

The test site for training prior to using is also very useful. We are able to use it really well due to this feature and we can train new employees on the product as well.

Minpunten

payment gateway integration can be a little more seamless they always encourage stripe, but a lot of spurious txns get generated on that platform.

Hey Alister,

Thank you for your review :) We¿re happy that you find our product features useful.

Regarding your feedback on payment gateways, we are constantly working towards a more seamless integration.

Apart from Stripe we do integrate with several other payment gateways and Payment methods, please take a look at it and let us know if you are interested in any of these ( you can reach out to [email protected]) . We will definitely help you with the set-up process.

Samuel
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Account renewal team is a complete disaster : hidden fees

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2023

Disaster on the invoicing and billing part in our case because of the overusage and renewal team

Great integration with Salesforce
Great for multi-entities
Many useful features and overall ok product

Minpunten

The renewal team will rip you off : they will charge overusage fees (Over 12K per month on a 3K /month contract) with 0 notification sent, 0 approach from the account manager.
Once you try to renegociate, they don't want to use the overusage fees (36K in our case) to pay off the new contract.
Never had such an experience with any saas and we consume hundreds of them

keval
keval

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best tool for billing and recurring

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2022

Pluspunten

As a business owner, I know how hard it is to manage the bill. Chargebee makes the process seamless and easy. It's great for recurring subscriptions and provides the best customer service experience. Chargebee is the best billing and recurring tool I've ever used. The interface is clean and easy to use, plus it has a lot of features that make it worth the price. I love that they have integrations with so many other platforms, like Slack or Zapier. It's really helped us save time on our billing process in particular.

Minpunten

I don't have any complaints at this time.

Peter
Peter

Reliable recurring billing platform

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018

Pluspunten

Chargebee is a very effective platform for recurring billings. It allows you to create plans, addons, coupons, and invoice reliably time and again.

Minpunten

Complex billing situations, such as sending a customer a single invoice for several subscriptions, are a bit more complex and require a lot of meddling with the system.

Hi Peter,

We do have a feature called Consolidated Invoicing that provides the functionality to consolidate and send out a single invoice for multiple subscriptions of a customer. We will send out a detailed email to you on this feature at the earliest.

Chargebee

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2020

This is the first software that I have used and I found it very easy to learn. I spent a morning going thorugh and learning the ropes and was an expert by the afternoon! Their customer service is awesome and provides great help. However, because it is easy to use, I have not had to use their help more than once.

Pluspunten

Chargebee is easy to use and quick to learn. You are able to access subscriptions with ease. Creating email templates to be sent out is easy. You can view all of your subscriptions on one page or you can add filters to find one specific subscription, too.

Minpunten

With the email templates, you have to make sure that the client you are sending an email to, has to be in a filter, otherwise, you send it to your entire client base.

Hardik
Hardik
  • Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Best SaaS subscription billing platform

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

Pluspunten

I have been using Chargebee for over a year now and I am completely in love with it. It's the best SaaS subscription billing platform out there and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to start a subscription based business. The customer service is also fantastic, they are always available to help and their responses are quick.

Minpunten

Some of configuration is complex to understand. But thier customer support is quick to help us.

Stripe
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Code quality is terrible. UI is confusing. Full of bugs.

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2022

A total disaster. Spent over 2 months trying to get everything working, but I kept hitting bugs and problems.

Pluspunten

The backend code looks nice, but the frontend is a disaster.

Minpunten

Obviously no one is testing or maintaining the code. It's half baked, buggy and the user interface is bad.

Recurly

Redenen om voor Chargebee te kiezen

I don't like Wordpress or PHP and wanted something more modern. Unfortunately Chargebee's code is old and crusty and worse than Woocommerce.

Overgestapt van

WooCommerce

Redenen om over te stappen op Chargebee

I should have done more research. Chargebee is a 'unicorn' with 300 million dollars. I don't know what they spent the money on, but obviously not the code. It's all marketing and hype.
Rahul
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great platform for billing and subscription.

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2022

Overall, Chargebee is a great billing solution and I would recommend it to anyone!

Pluspunten

There are many things that I like about Chargebee, but the thing that I like most is the fact that it makes billing easy. No more worrying about whether or not I am being charged the right amount, or if I am being charged at all. Chargebee takes care of all of that for me, and all I have to do is sit back and relax.

Minpunten

I think that Chargebee is a good product but there are definitely some areas that could be improved. Sometimes payment gateway doesn't load and it show error which is bit frustating.

• Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

It's a useful application if you have the significant large volume of customers for Invoicing

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2018

Saving lots of time in Invoicing to the customer.

Saving lots of time in Invoicing to the customer.

Pluspunten

The application is Subscription enabled. So if the monthly billing amount is same then the subscription will create Invoices every month automatically without manual involvement.

Minpunten

Sometimes due to system error invoices get created and get paid, which is not in order. I cannot bill single customer from to supplier.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review :) We¿re glad that you find our product useful.

Regarding invoicing due to system errors, I would like to understand more on this. Could you please send me your email address so we get in touch with you on this?

Jake
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Powerful product, 1 stop shop for subscription management

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2017

Pluspunten

We rely on Chargebee for the recurring element of our business. It is incredibly flexible in the types of subscriptions you can create, and how you want to manage them. Every single element of every customer's subscription is customizable.

Hey Jake,

Thank you so much for taking your time out to review us.

We¿re constantly working hard towards improving our customer experience and reviews like these

We work hard to meet customers¿ expectations and we are happy to know that we hit the mark for you :)

• Sector: Internet

Billing Software For All

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018

Chargebee enables is to efficiently bill clients and keep updated records of all customer billing information. The system also enables us to remind clients on outstanding payments. Its integration with our CRM enables us to help keep a centralized platform for custom relations.

Pluspunten

The seamless integrations is enables as well as the automation that come with it.

Minpunten

The UI can be a bit dragging and makes it difficult for one to stick on the software.

SALLY

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Wish it were a bit easier

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2018

Pluspunten

I LOVE that you get to start for free while you're getting set up and building your business. That option is very valuable to me and the clients I work with. That is probably the #1 reason my clients have chosen the platform in the past.

Minpunten

There's so much to set up and sort out, and while it's nice that they reach out to hop on a call and give support (they reach out too much, actually), I'd rather have tutorials or even just a clearer sense of what to take care of first, what comes next, and on and on.
It also surprises me at times how seemingly simple things are not handled simply. For instance, you should be able to send invoices without a client's credit card, or set up multiple payment plans within the same product.

Hi Sally,

Thank you for taking time out to review us :) I¿m happy that you find our test environment valuable and useful.

Regarding your feedback on set up, we will surely take this into consideration and work on a much more easier and quicker way to help set up the Chargebee account. Should you have any queries, please reach out to me or our support team and we will do our best to resolve them.

• Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

It's worth exploring

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2023

It is a good platform for automating payments. The platform has good documentation available, but setting it up without prior experience can be challenging. It can handle both simple processes and more complex workflows. Exploring this platform is definitely worth it.

Pluspunten

It seems like good solution for many needs, from recurring billing to payment management, Chargebee can be a valuable tool. A good plus is that there is no need to build our solutions from scratch and several integrations are available to streamline the workflow. The big advantage is reducing the amount of human processing since all information is inside the platform.

Minpunten

The UX can be improved and it can take some time to understand how to use the several option.

Vivek
Vivek
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Payments simplified

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2016

We have been using Chargebee for over 6 months now and the experience has been nothing but great. The setup and onboarding is amazingly simple. From a developer point of view, integration process has been clearly chalked out and documentation is crisp and to the point. The pricing plan itself is very encouraging. 50K dollars are processed without any cost.

- Pricing plan
- Integration and Documentation
- Ability to setup coupons
- Direct integration with affiliate systems

Minpunten

Setting up payments in multiple currency requires a bit of a workaround but again its sorted out.

Mark
Mark
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Useful for user tracking

Beoordeeld op 26-4-2022

Satisfying and reliable until you try to get it to do more.

Satisfying and reliable until you try to get it to do more.

Pluspunten

This gives me a better insight into what's happening with our software (with sign-ups, churn etc) than Google Analytics and other tools.

Minpunten

Some of the data is artificially limited - like you can only view through 1-8 days, 8-30 days, 30-90 days, 90-120 days...it doesn't make sense, and skews the data.

Patrick
Patrick
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Excellent product!

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2016

Chargebee is excellent for subscription businesses who need to manage their payments and invoices. I would strongly recommend trying it out. It's extremely easy to use. Should you run into any issues, their support team is amazing and very responsive.

Pluspunten

Extremely easy to get set up and start taking payments.

Minpunten

A Xero integration would be useful, which they have built and are currently testing.

• Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Chargebee first hand experience review

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2023

Pluspunten

I like that it's simple to use and rich in features. It offers an easy-to-use user interface, good customer service, and is very configurable. Also, it works with any payment method and supports numerous currencies.

Minpunten

The setup process can be time-consuming sometimes, but still manageable.

Jacob
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

It's an Okay Product

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2018

Their customer support team was always slow on getting back to People and they never wanted to just provide you the answers you need, They always wanted to schedule a call back

Pluspunten

That I could start subscriptions for my customers and also invoice them with their profile(accounts).

Minpunten

It stinks as I could not have a hosted payment portal for my customers to make payments and manage their accounts. Their software is heavily into coding and having the coding experience. It's definitely something not worth my money

• Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Good overall

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2021

I've used it for online payments mainly, and have recommended it to a few colleagues.

Pluspunten

It's easy to set up payment links to send to clients and everything is process quickly.

Minpunten

Some features were a little convoluted but at least the help section is thorough.

Crystal

Totaalscore

Stellar service saving time and money

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2014

I've had many 'long-term' customers, who are very satisfied with my Pilates services, but for whom the whole 'buying/tracking' packages of sessions has become too onerous. Chargebee has allowed me to provide my customers with the same stellar service, but at a reduced cost because I save bookkeeping time and money.

Harsha
Harsha

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Chargebee is the way to go for all your recurring payment needs

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018

Pluspunten

The setup was smooth and did not take a lot of time. It integrates well with stripe and complements its feature sets.

Minpunten

Not a lot that i hate about Chargebee per se but i think integrating with accounting software even on the Go plan would have made it even better.