Sage Accounting reviews

Sage Accounting

4,2 (344)
Schrijf een review!
Online boekhoudsoftware voor kleine en startende bedrijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Magdalene

Sage Business Cloud - Cannot Do Business Without It

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2019

Pluspunten

I love the fact that my clients and I can share the same system in different locations. It also has an app that I can use on the go for invoicing and quotes.

Minpunten

Currently, I don't have any grips with the system.

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage Accounting

I have been a Sage Pastel user for over a decade. when I heard that there was a cloud-based system available that offered such powerful, yet simple to use features, I had to give it a try. I have not been disappointed.
Gail
  • Sector: Machine- en installatiebouw

Sage for Small Companies

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2024

Big thumbs up in all. I love using your product in the main.

Big thumbs up in all. I love using your product in the main.

Ease of use.
Speeds up reporting.
I have worked in a large organisations previously and this software generates the reports I was used to seeing as standard. They are standard in my chosen package.
You can call up latest bank detail automatically from your bank.
Monthly payment option to use the software.
Instant access even when you are out of the office, via the app, for viewing status of invoices.

Minpunten

Cost increase every year without option to debate it.
I do not need anything more than I have been using in the original package. I only use this software for convenience and could do all the work manually.
The bank feed has failed a few times. Support has always sorted for me but it is always inconvenient to have to trouble shoot and takes time to sort.

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Just don't

Beoordeeld op 11-3-2019

I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this....

My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pluspunten

The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was.
There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Minpunten

It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing.
Essential features like repeating invoices were missing.
You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account.
You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have.
Fixing anything is a mammoth task
and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

Michael
  • Sector: Groothandel

Sage Accounting Review

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2024

Pluspunten

Very easy to use. Intuitive. On the rare occasions I have needed to contact customer services they have been very helpful and always sort my query.

Minpunten

When integrating from sage 50 accounts product quantities did nit integrate.

Matt

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2023

Horrible experience, hard to use, does not integrate, way over priced

Horrible experience, hard to use, does not integrate, way over priced

Pluspunten

Nothing, hard to use, does not integrate with other programs

Minpunten

Everything. Worse product for accounting ever

Andile
Andile

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

My professional side hustle enablers

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2022

Pluspunten

Banking connections, this and the ease of allocation of transactions, I can track my spending habits and allocate my incomes with ease.Bookkeeping should not be hard and the solution makes sure it's a breeze.

Minpunten

I'm not sure it's this is a thing of the past... But I have multiple bank accounts linked and transfer between accounts can be be very complicated and you can easy duplicate transactions.I really don't like the idea of paying for add-ons such as cloud space. I think the more functionality required the more this can become expensive.

QuickBooks Online en Xero

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage Accounting

I think pricing for basic bookkeeping functions, it's still the most reasonable.
Jeff
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Small Business Sage Cloud Accounting

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2024

Excellent, I am always surprised each time I speak with one of your support desk team, just how charming, patient and informed they are.... don't ever change that please. Im a fan .

Pluspunten

Simplicity and exception support staff, well trained and friendly

Minpunten

wish it had easier search options, that it would recognise more key words when seeking a specific transaction.

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage Accounting

reputation and confidence that I had a recognised brand
Muhammad
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Sage Accounting

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2023

Pluspunten

Sage accounting is very helpful accounting solutions for small and medium size enterprises. Where all accounting and tax related features easily available.

Minpunten

Software sometimes can be slow which can affect productivity

Fanny
  • Sector: Industriële automatisering

User experience

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2024

Pluspunten

In the cloud that can be access anywhere.

Minpunten

Can't think of anything yet. So far so good.

Andy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

A good all round accounting product, good integration, but pricey as the users increase

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2022

We replaced Sage50 with Sage200, and also Sap B1 was migrated to Sage200, with the help of Sage partners at TN4 this was a relatively pain free migration in all cases, and they all worked well to meet our timescales and requirements, as well as helping us find other partners to integrate Sage200 with other related solutions such as barcode scanning, shipping, and MRP solutions that are not in Sage out of the box.

Pluspunten

This software does everything a small, medium or relatively large sized business would need. The backend database is SQL server, so it's fast and well structured, and we found lots of modules and external products integrate well with it.

Minpunten

Implementation and training needed external consultants to do it at scale and at speed. The licence model is per user, so as soon as you start adding quite a few employees the cost of running the software gets rather pricey, though it's comparable to SAP B1 for example. We used our own servers to host the application and database, and although it's called "cloud" it's really not, but perhaps in the future.

SAP Business One

Redenen om voor Sage Accounting te kiezen

Sage50 could no longer cope with the number of transactions due to its outdated database setup, and SAP B1 was migrated across when we acquired a business that used this but needed to be integrated.

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage Accounting

We already had Sage 200 Business Cloud Accounting so it was logical to migrate everything into this, also SAP B1 was slightly more expensive.
Jason
Jason
  • Sector: Automotive
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Cloud Accounting Package that is easy to use with limitations

Beoordeeld op 22-9-2021

Overall for our purposes the software is easy to setup and use. I like the ability to access it anywhere and the ability to attach documents to transactions in the system. Modifying the chart of accounts was easy but the lack of customization on the layout of financial statements is frustrating.

Pluspunten

We have used the software version of sage products such as Sage Business Works and Sage 50 so the product and company are familiar to us. The ability to login to the software from anywhere and to no longer have to have client/server environment is great. The software was easy to signup for and was relatively easy to implement.

Minpunten

There are 2 large cons to this software in comparison to it's direct competitors.
Con #1: The package has no ability to custom group GL accounts. So for example, if you have a section on your income statement for sales and you want to group sales by category and have a sub-total for that sales section you cannot do that. There is really no ability to edit the income statement layout or the balance sheet layout to add in sections and sub totals so you are stuck with the canned version of the software.

Con #2: In an environment where you have multiple small companies, you look after you cannot have one userid and password to access all the companies. You have to setup each company with it's own userid an password then invite another user via an email link to join.

Xero

Redenen om voor Sage Accounting te kiezen

We made the switch as we wanted to get away from a client/server based software solution and wanted a cloud based solution.

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage Accounting

Our thought was to stay with the same company thinking that the transition would be easier and we had been happy with their other product offerings in the past. The user interface also was easy to understand and utilize in comparison to quick books an xero accounting as we were already familiar with how Sage products work overall.
Andre

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Sage is a very easy and powerfule accounting tool

Beoordeeld op 27-1-2022

Overall the experience is good. They can definitely work on their email support.

Pluspunten

The ease of the setup and use of the software. It was written so that anyone can use it. Very simple, yet poewerful.

Minpunten

Some of the features that were advertised when pitched to us aren't available. The customer and supplier age analysis reports should have totals.

Xero

Redenen om voor Sage Accounting te kiezen

We wanted to go cloud based

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage Accounting

At that stage Xero did not have a lot of support in SA.
Alan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Possibly the best accounting software we've ever used

Beoordeeld op 9-11-2017

Using Sage One allowed us to combine our Accounts and Payroll systems into one. It makes it easy to manage our accounts from any location and on any device. It also removed the worry of backing up and securing our accounts records.

Pluspunten

The fact that Sage One is cloud based, is probably the best feature. No more endless backups and annoying updates to perform. Everything is taken care of and the support team are amazing. It's also simple to grant access to your Accountant, who can then do whatever that need to when it's your year end etc.

A very clear interface provides an overview of your current situation and makes it easy for you to do your everyday tasks like entering and raising invoices, or checking who owes you money. You can easily produces account statements and everything can be emailed straight to your customers, so far less physical paperwork.

Minpunten

The Invoicing template choices are limited, but with a bit of creativity, you can definitely make something you can work with. The thing that needs the most attention is the method by which invoices and statements are emailed out. they appear to be from the email address you give the system, but are sent by Sage. Consequently, some clients weren't receiving their emails. We just turn any invoices into PDF's and email them ourselves. No big deal as we are still paperless, but it would be nice if we didn't have to. hopefully something that will be addressed on a future update.

Cathy
Cathy
  • Sector: Mijnbouw en metalen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Simple to learn, gives you great data

Beoordeeld op 23-4-2020

I started a new job and I was up and running on invoicing at the end of the week, by week two I was able to post cash. It did take a little bit of time to familiarize myself the reports and with the general ledger. When I covered accounts payable it was also very intuitive. One of the most intuitive computer systems I have worked with ever.

Pluspunten

The company I got a job with a few years ago used Sage, I was apprehensive about learning a new computer system but Sage was easy. It was intuitive if you have a little experience and accounting knowledge. It gives very great reports and gives you a lot of basic detail. I like.the fact that you can drill down to give various information.

Minpunten

There were a few times that I wish there was an online help to explain a few questions. There are a lot of reports and I feel like you may have to look at several reports to pull some advanced details.

Bettina

• Klantenondersteuning

Shocking support and behaviour from their new online shop division

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018

We had been one of their first online store users when SAGE started with their online store offer. Then the support and customer service was outstanding. Sadly they outsourced their online shop to another company and we needed to move our existing online shop to a new platform. One would think that "SAGE" would facilitate this move for free, as the old platform was discontinued. Well that was not so, we ended up paying a large sum of money for the move. The service level of the new "SAGE" company was horrific, the treatment we received was shocking, everything took weeks and months to finalise. We ended up doing most of the work ourselves and then received a bill for their general set up package and for re-directing the pages to the new site. Unbelievable and shocking! We are also using their accounting software that we like, if we find another way of integrating the accounting part easily with another online shop provider, we will move. They do not deserve our business as they clearly don't appreciate loyal and long standing customers.

Pluspunten

The online store platform integrates easily with sage cloud accounting. Nevertheless, the customer service is shocking, shocking, shocking!

Minpunten

the online store provider have no regard for longstanding and loyal customer - shocking and horrific customer service!

Paul

owner

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2022

My accountant can open a copy and quickly finish the year and tax preparation saving me time and money.

Pluspunten

I have used it for a very long time and it works very easily for me. It has evolved but never change so much as to make it difficult to keep using using. Sage has much more than I need but is still competitive with price and easy to use what I need.

Minpunten

I never got the hang of bank reconciliation to work faster than manually but is me and I do not have a great deal of entries.

Michelle
Michelle

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Beoordeeld op 7-10-2020

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is easy to use, features are easy to access. Reporting for several different ranges of time-table very handy. No installation, no backup...very nice product to use!

Pluspunten

Sage Business Cloud Accounting has all the features one would need from Accounting software. Easy to implement, do the setup, and train new Customers on how to use it. The add-on modules adds value to the software. The Accountant's easy access to assist Clients is a wonderful feature!

Minpunten

One improvement I would like to see:
When adding a new Item from inside the Invoice screen, the new Item screen should include all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). Currently you have to exit the Invoice, create the new Item, and then continue with your Invoice

Martin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I have the full confidence in this product

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

Excellent - they started a bit behind functionality wise from other products, and are now moving ahead of them, and I like the committment to constant development and the transparancy of their roadmap.

Pluspunten

It is intuitive, and my non-accountant clients can usually navigate their way around it themselves, and only occassionally require minimal support.

My clients who have switch from other software have said that they wouldn't go back.

Minpunten

The marketing for this product is not as flashy as competitors, and so sometimes it can be a hard sell to clients who want the one with the big ad campaign.

As with most cloud products it is constantly evolving and I am not always aware of the new features which come out.

Johan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Very slow system when items is above a 1000. We are on 100meg lines and Sage Accounting is...

Beoordeeld op 25-6-2018

It's just a basic accounting software.

It's just a basic accounting software.

Pluspunten

The software is easy to use. But it it can be 10 times better if the right coders and designers is employed. Price, it is not the cheapest in the market but again African companies like their money and labour is expensive in South Africa. The system is slow as said when when you have more than a 1000 entries or stock items. Export function lacks functionality as only basic stuff can be exported. Compared to other software in the world....There is much better software in the market!

Minpunten

Speed, the software is very slow for an online system. It lacks functionality. The price per user is expensive. The software also doesn't have a lot of 3rd party integrations. When it comes to e-commerce it integrates with a few shopping carts but the integration is very basic.

Terry
Terry
  • Sector: Fotografie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

A very simple online accounting system

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2017

The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.

The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.

Pluspunten

The fact that this is online and can be accessed from any device is a real pleasure. It means as a sole trader that I can enter receipts while I'm on the go or at home when I have a spare few minutes. I know sage was late to the party for online accounting systems but they have managed to make a simple system and one that starts cheaper than the competitors.

The second main feature for me was the ability to automatically connect to my bank accounts and match my transactions as this saves no end of time and is all included in the monthly price.

They also have a feature which allows you download your transaction in a CSV file as well, if you wanted to move them to another system.

Minpunten

It's not as customisable as the desktop version was but once you get over that hurdle and change your way of thinking and acting then you realise they had a reason for making it so simple.

Caroline
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Appalling Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2018

I phoned and chatted online with Sage One (Sage Business Cloud?) customer service technical support 8 days ago over an issue and have also emailed them every working day since and they just keep telling me that they have logged the issue and it has been passed to their Development Team. In the meantime I can't send invoices. What's the point in offering 24/7 customer support if they just log the issue and make you wait over a week for a fix?

Pluspunten

Good interaction with payroll and Pension software, banking etc. Easy to use. Can use from any pc.

Minpunten

Long list of minor but annoying issues, like it does not accommodate UK net monthly account customers/suppliers, the default dates on functions only show the current month. The only way to avoid the contact name appearing on the invoice address is to put a full stop in the contact name box (so the first line of every invoice is a full stop). Product list doesn't section so you can't add a percentage to one customer or one type of product. Appalling customer service for technical problems.

Melanie

SAGE BUSINESS CLOUD ACCOUNTING

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2020

Definitely the way for the future just love to work on this platform. All new clients advised to use Sage Business Cloud Accounting. The package can grow with the company from start up.

Pluspunten

The fact that is cloud base and accessible from anywhere as long as you have internet access. There are apps available to download onto mobile devices. The product is user friendly with guidance on how to use features.

Download bank statements and map the expenses to save lots of time in the future.

Minpunten

It is sometimes slow depending on internet speed and take a while to download bank statements.

Barry

From Sage Instant to Business Cloud

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2022

Used everyday and very useful for my business and obvioulsy for my cleints too.

Used everyday and very useful for my business and obvioulsy for my cleints too.

Pluspunten

Yes I have to admit it the cloud option is very useful, not having to keep track of versions and installing etc. Very useful to share data with clients.

Minpunten

Still some features i would like and have become used to in Sage 50, like Gross to Net and Copying lines above but sure they will come.

Antwoord van Sage

Thanks for the feedback Barry,

We're pleased you're loving the functionality of cloud and always being on the most up to date version of your product.

Very best wishes
Sage

William
  • Sector: Afdrukken en drukwerk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

good

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020

it's good it works, but very hard to install in network

it's good it works, but very hard to install in network

Pluspunten

The fact that you cannot go modify stuff by the backdoor

Minpunten

support could be better, it's not easy to reach

reputation