Asana

Het werkbeheerplatform om het werk over teams heen te organiseren.

(12.406)

Kurt
Kurt

Asana is Great for Task Management

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2021

Asana has been an essential tool for our agency to centralize task management and have a tool to help us keep on task.

Pluspunten

We are a digital marketing agency and we use Asana daily for managing tasks, both custom requests that come in from the client and monthly recurring tasks. It's perfect as a central portal where the team can see everything due and what is happening with tasks, vs. everything being lost in separate strings of emails. Asana has saved a lot of tasks from getting off track. We've been improving how we use it a lot in the last year, organizing it by client and devoted sections within each client to easily track different types of tasks, such as "Items Due from the Client" vs. "Monthly Recurring Tasks" or "Special Projects" etc. It's also really handy to have the phone app in addition to the computer version for working tasks on the go.

Minpunten

It works great for the task management aspect, but it would be great if it had budgeting and time planning functionality, so we did not have to go to separate solutions for that. It would also help to see general account or project status items, but we might be able to figure out a workaround to make that happen as we have on some other needs.

monday.com en Wrike

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

Workamajig's solution for this was just to cumbersome and not user-friendly like Asana is.

Workamajig

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

We just found Asana to be the easiest to use and the best fit for our team.
Roldan
Roldan
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Best choice or good alternative

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2022

Good! Asana is not as difficult to get the hand out with. I did manage to set-up all my tasks and projects personally. Though, I haven't used it for a long time when I did tested Monday.com.

Pluspunten

I can bet in all of Asana's features from Task management, Scheduling, Materials management, Gantt Charts, Collaborations and the likes. Save for time tracking which is not (yet) available.

The Free Pricing however, is generous enough to collaborate with up to 10 or 15 more individuals. Other top PMS has less to nothing - or just one user allowed.

Minpunten

User Interface. Asana needs to improve on there user interface to be at par with Monday.com. I've been using Monday and never looked back (except maybe if someday they will overrun Monday with features.

Time Tracking. This one matters for some users, specially freelancers and online nomads alike. Just wondering why this wasn't integrated just yet.

Set-up. It wasn't that easy to get started for non-techie users. So patience a virtue. Though PMS are understandably complicated, Monday take the pie in this domain.

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

Well, upon company decision and me as consultant. Monday duly meets our startup company's needs and wants.

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

I choose Asana the first time. But upon testing other PMS, it seems the other weighs more than Asana.
Adedoyin
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Asana: PPM Tool with BIM capabilities

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2024

Pluspunten

It is easy for me to track time and expense automatically on projects with Asana.

Minpunten

Has all what I yearn for while planning, tracking and managing projects.

Aliz
Aliz
  • Sector: Computerhardware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good Startup Project Management Tool

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019

It was a very good tool to use, highly user friendly, quite effective and very visually attractive. This tool is great for startups in my opinion and the price is fair for the features it has.

Pluspunten

I like how user friendly it is, the aesthetics (looks), it's very neat and colorful at the same time, it provides a good option for organization and I think it's a good tool for startups, it makes planning, task assignment, tracking and registering much easier.

Minpunten

I think the software is amazing but it lacks some features seen on more robusts tools such as Zoho Projects, still, this tool can integrate with other small tools that can give you access to Gantt Charts or timelines, etc. The problem is you have to pay for those additional integrations.

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

Because Excel can work but it's easier to get human errors due to the tool manipulation, the Asana features allow you to have a better control over what's been planned, it sends you alerts and allow you to tag users, chat with them directly over a task or a file, attach files to a specific task or subtask, which you can''t easily do in Excel, and also user interface is much better in Asana.

Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

For the price and the features, when I tried the free version I felt much more comfortable with this tool than the others.
Irene

Essential Tool for My Business Management

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2023

It's the only project management tool that I use for my internal team processes and it's essential to my digital agency.

Pluspunten

I like eveyrthing about Asana, the interface is clean, user-friendly and intuitive. My learning curve was quick when ai started using it and I really enjoy the little animations I get when I mark tasks complete...

Minpunten

If I had to pick something, then maybe the fact that some of the features that I cannot access without a paid subscription, but the amount that I do get with the free plan is already incredible.

monday.com en ClickUp

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

I wasn't crazy about Teamwork's new UI, it was less intuitive than its old design.

Teamwork.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

It had the most user-friendly interface and design.
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great tool to keep track of multiple projects with dozens of tasks

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2023

I really like how thorough and comprehensive this tool is. Specially about the integration via Zapier with other tools like calendar and email.

Pluspunten

How easy it is to visualize projects progression and responsible. How comfortable it was to create templates and duplicate them everytime the new feature launch was due.

Minpunten

I can't say anything bad about it. It worked really well for what we needed at that time.

• Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

One of the great tools for your Project

Beoordeeld op 10-11-2023

Pluspunten

The UI definitely gives you a very organized feeling and the confidence to get work done.
I think the ease of use definitely puts it above notion or Click up.

Minpunten

I think some features can definitely be added to asana. I think the pricing can also be reduced a bit to make it the most attractive tool out there.

chloe
  • Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

Bang for your buck

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2024

Pluspunten

You get a lot in the free version of the product. My team is able to collaborate, manage and complete tasks efficiently.

Minpunten

Sometimes the notifications can be overwhelming when members are assigned to multiple projects

Shane
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the best task management tools out there

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2024

Pluspunten

Ease of use and the UI is very appealing.

Minpunten

Higher plans are a bit costly but it worked for our requirements.

Sarah
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Favorite Task Manager

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2024

Absolutely love using Asana. By far the best task management tool.

Absolutely love using Asana. By far the best task management tool.

Pluspunten

I love the ability to share tasks, projects, deadlines etc with others involved in the project. Being able to message on specific projects and have the thread just below is so helpful.

Minpunten

Wish some of the templates were more user friendly

Hugo
Hugo
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2020

I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pluspunten

The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Minpunten

Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

The Todos were not that good at that time, now it has changed. Also I thought it was expensive and Asana was free. Also I did not like the design, it is pretty at first but then it become difficult to have a bigger view on everything (the last version is better now, I know).

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

It was free, was always in evolution, offered simplicity. I have used the paid version also the features are greats!

Antwoord van Asana

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

Vanessa

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2020

I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also
I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects.
I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it).
The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pluspunten

I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one).
Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects.
Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects.
It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open.
Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need.
Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Minpunten

There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations.
It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it.
I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well.
I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date.
The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update.
Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported.
I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

Britt
  • Sector: Commercieel vastgoed

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Do you like lists? WOULD YOU LIKE MORE LISTS?

Beoordeeld op 27-1-2021

We tracks projects/Deals over 5 teams with lots of timescales and deliverables. We are trying to cut down on tools because we are spread across too many of them. In the beginning, there was order and decorum, right now, it's hard to find things, and silo'ed departments are doing better than cross-functionals.

Pluspunten

We spent about 4 months talking about the move from Trello to Asana, and about 2 months implementing it. Asana has a great project tracking abilities, and for us, the ability to put the same projects in different portfolios (think folders) was key as many different departments need vision into the same projects, but don't want to organize/think like a different department. I like the integration with slack.

Minpunten

Right now we are in list overload. I literally have over 200 tasks overdue in Asana right now, and it can stress you out so much, you just want to avoid the whole thing all together. Also, if you company likes to iterate a lot, it can be hard to find what you're looking for, because rules keep changing. Right now it's a mess, and I'm sure that has more to do with us than Asana. We're 80 people, we're on the way to be 200, and I'm worried about how much crazier it will get. Also, I don't like that everyone has full view into all my tasks. Somethings would be nice to be private.

Trello en Basecamp

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

No reporting, no historicals.

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

cradle to grave project management and recall. And Product team was already using it.
Danny
Danny
  • Sector: Internet
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Asana is a solid project management web app but advanced features come at a cost

Beoordeeld op 24-2-2021

We use Asana to get organized and stay organized across teams. The ability to stitch together workflows between Asana and other web apps makes it a very flexible tool in our tech stack.

Pluspunten

The ease of setting up multiple projects and the ability to assign teams to different projects at the same time. The combination of input forms, gantt charts, calendar views, and kanban board are really powerful and useful for different types of projects. Integration with other apps such as Zapier, HubSpot are key.

Minpunten

The user interface is too complex and overwhelming. Errant clicks create new tasks and archives unfinished tasks because almost the entire screen area is clickable for one function or another. Advanced features that make tools more useful such as a more advanced input form with logic jumps require a more premium tier of subscription.

Louis

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Empower a manager to take on larger teams and projects

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2021

I could not run my business without ASANA. We develop software for a living. It is the SINGLE most important tool that we own. I would go back to coding in notepad. If it would allow us to keep ASANA.

Pluspunten

Asana provides a solid interface that empowers me as a manager to manage more team members more efficiently. This software provides time-saving resources by allowing stakeholders to get their own project updates and track the project's progress without interrupting the team executing the project.
It provides:
- Many ways to plan and manage
- A clear view of the task load on each team member
- Time planning to keep projects on deadline

Minpunten

Asana provides so many ways of doing things that every person who sets up a project can do so in a unique way. This requires a clear organizational strategy from the start.
The issue:
- Multiple ways of achieving the same outcome
- Confusion on how to work within different project structure approaches

Important to note: These cons are primarily a result of poor onboarding. They are not the fault of the software or ASANA directly. My encouragement is for anyone implementing this project to plan and test projects with a very small number of team members. Only once the entire organization can be trained to create and manage projects according to your prescribed workflow should the software be opened up. You must engage with ASANA's guides early. As well as plan and provide training every employee to see the best ASANA experience.

Basecamp en monday.com

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

Our previous software for project management had an extremely limited tool set.

Basecamp

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

The freemium approach made it easy to try. Once we dove into it and built several projects. We saw success. It was a no-brainer to continue forward with the product. We onboarded everyone very quickly (too quickly) and saw immediate gains in productivity and morale. There is much satisfaction to be gained by checking of tasks and seeing how much you accomplished each week.
Diane
  • Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2021

This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

Pluspunten

It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

Minpunten

I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Smartsheet

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.
Mohammed Majeed

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

don't be deceived by the extremely user friendly interface, it is beast when it comes to...

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2021

Having used multiple project management software on different projects with different teams, I have noticed that those on Asana usually have the least uptake times for new team members to get used to the software. Not only does that advantage reduce onboarding and training times, it also reduces the frequency of errors and ends up boosting productivity much more that what I have observed on other teams.

Pluspunten

Navigating around the program is very simple and uncomplicated. This is usually my first consideration when I am learning to use any software, and with Asana it doesn't come any less uncomplicated than that. Another wonderful thing about Asana is the unending list of second and third party software it seamlessly integrates with. With this, there is often zero disruption of workflow systems for teams new to Asana.

Minpunten

The file formats available for exporting projects is not extensive enough; often requiring secondary conversion into other equally useful and common formats.

Nifty, Adobe Workfront en Smartsheet

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

The project management team had a preference for Asana so I had to learn to use it when I moved unto that project

Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

They were decisions premade by the different project management teams for which they preferred amongst the approved options.
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pluspunten

I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Minpunten

I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Robert
Robert
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Leading project management software for good reason

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2020

We went from a major competitor, one with a lot of card-based tracking, that was not as effective with prioritizing tasks. Asana has been much more effective in connecting operators and managers with their day-to-day tabulation of work and awareness of deadlines.

Pluspunten

The ability to bring in all members of a team and see the workflow from conception to completion is why Asana is the best for project management software. Integration of tasks, files and prioritized milestones are all top of the line here.

Minpunten

The financial side of things are better managed with third-party software, as the interface can be less than intuitive at times, but the good news is that the Asana customer support team is excellent if you have questions about integrating bookkeeping software.

Basecamp

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen

Asana has more features, is better suited to mobile device support and is much better for scaling up from one or two users to dozens or even hundreds of users.

Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana

Price point and mobile device support was in Asana's favor.
Adam
  • Sector: Civiele techniek
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great Tool for Progress Tracking and Group Collaboration

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2018

We have been able to streamline group organization and collaboration into a single source. Asana has helped to keep current lists of project related tasks, and ensure team members are aware of, and completing tasks by the given completion target dates. Asana has also helped to reduce email clutter caused from frequent 'back and forth' emails for small comments between team members by providing a single location to comment on, and update statuses of tasks. Overall, Asana has been a great tool that has provided a significant positive change in the way we communicate and track project statuses in our team.

Pluspunten

The excellent user interface provides for a clean and organized way to add tasks to your list, edit tasks, and cross tasks off when completed. As I primarily use this software for business purposes for collaboration with team members within my office, it is a one-stop-shop that has eliminated paper checklists, sticky notes, and "to-do" lists, by combining all of these in a slick web interface. The ease of use results in frequent task updates which can be viewed and commented on by the entire team, ensuring tasks are not missed or forgotten. As I am often working on many projects simultaneously throughout the week, the convenience of adding new projects and tasks to individual projects is extremely helpful to stay organized, view all of the pending tasks, and schedule time accordingly based on completion dates you have inputted for each task. Another great feature is linking emails to certain projects in Asana; a quick copy of the URL for the project in the platform, and you can easily send emails and attachments directly into Asana for effortless filing. As a free software, Asana is an excellent tool to use for group collaboration, or for personal use to make sure you are effectively managing checklist, tasks and projects.

Minpunten

The major downside to Asana used in a working environment is that tasks can't be assigned priorities, which can result in frequent check-ins on the list to ensure you are prioritizing tasks properly. A color-coded priority method would be extremely helpful in elevating high priority tasks above the rest. As Asana is a cloud-based software, latency can sometimes be an issue resulting in a delay in typing and moving between projects and tasks, though this is only a minor convenience.

• Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great tool for task management and team collaboration.

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2019

Based on my experience, Asana is a great tool to coordinate small teams (or startups) and be more productive while keeping an eye on progress and bottle necks.

Pluspunten

Asana has a great team behind its product that constantly updates the platform to meet customer demand.

The user interface is very modern and easy to use while the user experience is very well thought out with great micro interactions that make the whole product experience very delightful. It's easy to navigate from one section to another with colored elements to highlight important aspects of the UI.

It has useful features like subtasks, boards view and calendar view. You can also view the overall progress per project or team. With the portfolio function, you can view the status of all your current projects in real time, so you can keep everything on track and easily report on progress. They recently added a Gantt chart feature named "Timeline" that can help project managers.

You can create templates for different tasks and projects, so you and your team can be more efficient. Priority makes it easy to give attention to tasks that need urgent attention. Integration with different services (Slack, Harvest, Dropbox, GitHub, etc) makes Asana be even more helpful. There is also an open API for more sophisticated applications.

Minpunten

As with all services there is a learning curve to actually becoming proficient in using Asana, but that can be easily accomplished with a bit of time and practice.

The only thing I want to mention as a negative is the lack of option to hide team members from the side bar, because they are shown on top of each project. If you are a startup or a small team, and most of the team is on each project, it becomes irrelevant to actually see the same team members again and again. This would make the side menu / list a bit shorter to navigate through.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Sector: Detailhandel

Asana project management software

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019

More than saying it is an intelligible, fast and modern way. Useful in free version. It is multifunctional The timeline view facilitates the management of dependencies. This tool helps you prioritize projects and pending tasks. It gives you the ease of seeing what you have worked on and accomplished before to assess progress. This software is truly useful for teams, facilitating the ways for projects to be completed on time. In my experience, Asana solved several problems where I worked as a team, we worked comfortable to give the company full growth. Asana as a project management program gives the function of monitoring dependencies. Be comfortable with larger or larger projects in which the relationships between tasks are more complicated. In my opinion it is a suitable tool for companies to grow larger.

Pluspunten

Pro:
It is ideal to organize your work, Asana allows you to plan and structure the work in a comfortable way for you and your work team, in this way help you meet the deadlines, the platform offers you the creation of visual project plans to see how each step is assigned over time
. As well as providing you with setting priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks, all in a single tool, it is super practical, to progress with your commitments, with it it is much easier to identify risks and eliminate recommended obstacles using custom fields to track the information that is most important for your team or company Even when the plans change, it gives you the opportunity to advance projects and tasks at each stage of the project by giving a report on how your work is going. Share the results with your team and see how the work progresses to see what is on track and what needs attention. You know how the work evolves and can be aligned with everyone and the goals, also use the timeline to create a plan that shows you how your entire project fits and helps you keep the job in the best way as things change
. It allows you to manage time viewing the work in a calendar as well as easily locate gaps and overlays in your schedule and make adjustments quickly. Turn common processes into templates that guide your entire team and you can use
. It gives you the handling information with the right people. Make teams and projects private to create a safe space for sensiti

Minpunten

Cons: Some articles can be improved (but that's what the reviewers are for)
It is limiting for the organization of projects for the team calendar, but will progressively improve
. Now it is my pleasure in my work to assign two people to a task so that there is support for the work, when someone is absent, we are human and things can happen,
You can't combine calendars but I'm sure they will solve it
. It would be good if it is implemented more easily with Outlook or Gmail. It would be great to facilitate sending email tasks to Asana
. As well as, the creation of new section headings for tasks and lists can be improved. In addition to improving more aspects of the interface and make them customizable.
It does not allow the personalization of funds but they are banalities, it is not important

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Asana makes task management a whiz!

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2017

Our team has been using Asana for over 6 months now and it has made our task management and workflow so streamlined! My favorite features of Asana are:
- Integrations. I use TMetric for time-clocking and the seamless integration with Asana is so handy.
- Inbox feature. You can stay up to date with any mentions or questions other team members might have for you by checking your inbox. It also reminds you of upcoming tasks and alerts you when new tasks are created in projects you follow. So helpful for staying in the loop!
- Well-designed. The flow of comments on Tasks and the way their is a Conversation and Calendar section as well as Task List is so beautiful. Oh and Files too! There is more to list here than I have space for!
- Fun. Tab+B makes my day. The occasional "celebrations" make checking off tasks a joy!
- Multiple teams. This is super handy for when you need projects that aren't involving everybody on the Team. And yet tasks from all projects show up together in your "My Tasks" view!
- Use of tags, mark-as-waiting-on, custom fields and more features in the paid version that we couldn't live without! But the free version is amazing as well.

In short, Asana is the best task management software for teams I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone to increase productivity.

Minpunten

There is not a lot that I don't like about Asana. They are always rolling out new features. There are some small nitpicky things, like no ability to add your own sorters in "My Task" view, but those are way overshadowed by the positives.

Grace
Grace
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Klantenondersteuning

EXCELLENT task management, but not worth paying for Premium features.

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2018

Pluspunten

Before using ASANA, we seem to always be saying were is that file again? or I can't find that in my email? With ASANA we can organize, and simplify many tasks while also keeping everything in the same, nicely designed, place. The interface is relatively easy to navigate, and just takes some playing around to understand. Also, ASANA has a great app so its easy to have everything you need always at hand.

The projects with a board view helps us layout research studies. When starting a study, having a board view really helps us see The big picture. We create columns for Design and Preparation, Recruitment, Measures ect. and layout major tasks with subtasks underneath.

ASANA simplifies the process of writing letters of recommendation. Research assistants can create a task that lays out in subtasks the information, and files their letter writer will need, assign the task to their letter writer and set a due date.

ASANA also allows you to have a workspace for work and personal. This is great because I can keep all of my to-do's in one software.

Other great features: you can have ASANA create tasks from your email, tasks can belong to two projects, tasks/projects can easily be copied.

Minpunten

Premium features are not worth . They don't significantly improve the functionality, and are not worth going. The only draw is the free account only allows 15 members. ASANA should offer a cheaper subscription for teams who just need more than 15 members, but are not interested in the cost of the premium features.

Here are some things that need work
1 Can't assign a task to more than one person (huge drawback)
2 Communicating on ASANA isn't the best. Most teams also use messaging services, like Slack for all communication. For us this has been a problem, because sometimes we can't remember where a certain conversation took place, on Slack or ASANA. It would be nice to have ASANA fully integrated with a messaging platform, so conversations about projects are in one or both places.
3 The calendar is honestly confusing. Always unsure if I add a due date to a task, if it will show up in the calendar or not-not very intuitive. Also, calendar should have different views for personal task dates, and team dates.
4 Files added to tasks are dead, meaning if you edit the file you need to upload the new version. It would be nice to have it integrated with cloud services so the file auto updates.
5 Can't communicate between tasks/projects on other workspaces or be able to copy a project to a new workspace.
6 Board view can get cluttered, so having projects within projects could help with larger projects.

Biswajit
Biswajit
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Efficient Task Management: A Review of Asana

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2023

Many users of the platform, both individuals and teams, express satisfaction with it overall. Customers value the intuitive design, user-friendly interface, and customised processes because they help them stay organised and handle duties well. The ability to assign tasks and comment on projects, as well as other collaborative capabilities, are highly regarded. Asana has been praised by users for helping them stay on top of deadlines, monitor project progress, and communicate with teammates. The majority of users have a favourable opinion of Asana, despite a few users reporting minor technical flaws such a lack of customization choices for reports or sporadic glitches.

Pluspunten

Asana's features include a user-friendly interface, adaptable workflows, teamwork tools, and tool integration. People laud Asana's ability to keep them organised, prioritise activities, and monitor project progress. The mobile app for Asana is also praised by many users for being convenient and simple to use. In general, Asana is a well-liked option for people and teams searching for a flexible and successful task management application.

Minpunten

Asana's drawbacks include its few options for report customization and absence of a timer or time-tracking function. In addition, some customers think Asana's pricing is a bit high, especially for bigger teams or businesses. Others have spoken about the software occasionally having faults or difficulties. It's important to keep in mind that these problems may differ based on user preferences and use scenarios and are not always encountered. Despite a few small flaws, Asana is still a well-liked and respected task management programme among its users.