Salesforce Sales Cloud reviews

• Sector: Consumentendiensten

CRM for everyone

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2024

Pluspunten

I loved the distribution of menus and screen view of tools for sales purposes., everything was accessible and easy to find, very user-friendly, as a sales team lead it was perfect to keep track of sales and opportunities of the sales agents as well as great to track progress and forecasts.

Minpunten

I would probably have the option to customize it according to the employee role in the company because as a salesman it has too many charts and options that are not beneficial for a salesman but for management, as well as some of the features visualized on the screen would be necessary for a team lead and not a customer support agent, so having it customize accordingly would be better.

Losinyono
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2024

Pluspunten

its easy to customize and use generally

Minpunten

Very expensive to purchase and not easy to install.

• Sector: Automotive
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

A known name, but overly complicated and not intuitive.

Beoordeeld op 16-2-2024

Rough. Implementation has not been smooth.

Rough. Implementation has not been smooth.

Pluspunten

Virtually every function imaginable is present.

Minpunten

Overly complex. Counterintuitive workflows.

• Sector: Automotive
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Very powerful software but with a steep learning curve

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2023

Pluspunten

The platform is really customizable, you can adapt the tool as much as you want to your company process

Minpunten

If you don't have anyone in your team with experience in Salesforce is really difficult to get started and understand how to customize all the features it has. It's also expensive so I would only recommend for big companies (200+ employees)

Pipedrive, Freshsales en HubSpot CRM

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

Zendesk is good for customer service but it doesn't have enough features to use it as a B2C CRM

Zendesk Suite
Paulo
Paulo
  • Sector: Vastgoed

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best tool for daily work

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2024

It's been almost 5 years using this app and I must say that I didn't know that you as a user have the possibility to do several things just with one tool. I have no words to describe how helpful this CRM is.

Pluspunten

You have the chance to combine all in one platform with Sales Force. You can save client information, appointments, historical data, etc.

Minpunten

Maybe it's a little hard to understand all features but at the end it's worth it. It's such a great help to make our Labor days easier.

• Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

A simple and Reliable CRM Solution

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2024

The Salesforce Sales Cloud come with both web and cloud that offers some amazing feature like to generate leads, interact with customer via chat, emails, call in software itself. Dashboard is fully automated which help real time data quickly and more accurately.

Pluspunten

Salesforce Sales provies the great Dashboard and Customizer for User. Its offer some most usefull feature like track leads and forcast revenues. It provides ticketing system which is quite intuitive and make most of task automatic and save for future use. Also it has chat functionality that make sure our customer should in touch for any updates.

Minpunten

Sometimes the reminders of call failed to operate correctly and leads remained in pipeline. Product documentation should improve and updates on time because in most of case need to connect with Support team which is much time consuming. The Pricing is high compared to other alternatives in market.

Haley
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Lessons learned

Beoordeeld op 28-1-2024

Pluspunten

One of the best functions of the sales force sales cloud is the customization of the cloud for either enterprises or small businesses with diverse customer bases

Minpunten

The upfront training could most definitely be trained up on

• Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Clean and Easy to Use CRM for Financial Professionals

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2024

Excellent, allows me to keep my business organized and compliant.

Excellent, allows me to keep my business organized and compliant.

Pluspunten

Organization and ease of administration and note taking.

Minpunten

Could be more features and some email features unavailable.

Juan
Juan
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Boosting my Business Success

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2024

One of the most valuable features has been its focus on data-driven sales. This has allowed my team to access crucial information in real time, which has improved our ability to quickly respond to market trends and customer needs. The customization and adaptability of the platform have also been highlights, allowing me to adjust the tools and processes to the specific needs of my business.

Pluspunten

What I liked most about this platform is its incredible ability to boost productivity in the sales process. The focus on data-driven sales has allowed me to gain valuable insights, resulting in more informed and strategic decisions. This has been a key factor in increasing the effectiveness of my sales team.

Minpunten

Customization, while a great benefit, can be overwhelming at first, especially for users who don't have prior technical experience. At times, I felt the need to seek additional support or resources to configure and optimize the system according to my company's needs.

Peejay
Peejay

The best of all CRM's

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2024

Pluspunten

I like that it can be integrated with our current software - Salesloft

Minpunten

I do not see any negative features in 7months that I have been using it.

Evita
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Salesforce: A user-friendly CRM System

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2019

The non-profit organization that I work for, Interfaith Caregivers has been using Salesforce for a year. I'm so glad that we decided on this system because I have used it previously in other places of work. One of the reasons why we went with Salesforce was to manage a marketing/fundraiser campaign that we have every year. We were able to store our donor and board members and create a campaign just for them to use as a communication tool and to begin the fundraiser campaign for our annual gala. It was also very easy and much needed to track donor and fundraiser payments for the gala. We are able to store multiple templates which consist of donor thank you letters in the template field. This is a very helpful feature!

Minpunten

It is hard for me to dislike Salesforce. I appreciate the fact that we were able to get the nonprofit discount. Also we were able to use the 10 free licenses since we have 10 employees!

I would say the only thing is that I look forward to seeing how Salesforce will continue to grow and evolve and offer other packages to improve the CRM experience. Currently I have not ran into any problems.

Nicole
  • Sector: Horeca

The Premier CRM Software

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

Salesforce has been a lifesaver as a user and admin. I have used multiple programs in both roles, and Salesforce wins hands down. I can't stress enough how much your future self will thank you by choosing the right CRM program the first time.

Pluspunten

In every company I have consulted for and worked for, we have used or switched to Salesforce. Once built out properly, it is an asset that is scalable and will continue to benefit your sales team. The functionalities are endless: Leads, Accounts, Opportunites, Metics calculators, pipeline management tables, Groups, and options to create products too! (This one was difficult to construct but I was more than ecstatic that I could use this for wholesale as well)
Let's talk about customer support: Very comprehensive. There is a whole website dedicated to tutorial videos, live chats, and Q&A boards. If you still can't figure out the problem they do have a real human you can speak to who will help you out.

Minpunten

The learning curve to set up your salesforce correctly is rough if you have not done any Salesforce admin work before. Starting off with a small group is easier, and the program is more forgiving when you have fewer accounts, leads, etc, but as your org grows, you will want to ensure that Salesforce is set up correctly. Errors with when you have a lot of data will take a long time to fix.

Scott
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Saleforce is invaluable, if configured and used correctly

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2019

It is an essential tool for medium to enterprise businesses, but it has to be designed well from the beginning. Implemented properly, the executive team, operations, sales leadership, inside sales, direct sales, marketing, and more will benefit.

Pluspunten

HIGHLY customizable. All data fields can be pulled into reporting/dashboards. To implement properly, you have to reverse-engineer what metrics are important to your business. Once you have a comprehensive understanding of the reporting that you want to see then you can build fields, pick-lists, radio buttons, etc so you capture all relevant data. The beauty is that you are not at all limited to the out-of-the-box configuration (which is good, but generic). In the past I have built in lead sources and ROI, appointment setting quality grading, commission reporting, stack ranking, and many other highly customized reports. Start with the end in mind and then find a good implementation partner who can execute on your plan.

Minpunten

Cost and support at the lower levels. Unless you have (pay for) their premium support, their customer service is not quick to act.

SugarCRM

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

We had not purchased software assurance, and to buy a new box and upgrade, versus moving to the Cloud with all of the associated benefits, was a no-brainer.

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

It is far and away the leader. The insight provided is critical to effectively managing a business.
Kunle
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Top CRM if you know how to customize or can hire someone to

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2021

I used the platform as an employer, employee and now as a consultant. The platform is amazing as a place to store your data and make it actionable. Salesforce is constantly investing in improvements so if something is lacking, you will usually see a new feature that fills the gap in one of its release updates. And if there isn't something, Salesforce gives you enough access to the backend that you can build it/have someone build it for you.

Pluspunten

The ability to customize around any data solutions that your company needs is a huge benefit of the platform. And its popularity means there are integrations with most sales and marketing tools.

Minpunten

The setup and implementation require a Salesforce administrator. You can navigate some things on your own but without hiring someone or finding a consulting partner to customize your applications, you won't get much value.

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce has its core focus on CRM management and is definitely a leader in the space. There are definitely tools that might be more user-friendly but less powerful/scalable.
Emily
Emily
  • Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Forever a Love Hate Relationship as an SFDC Admin

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2021

If you are a brand new Salesforce customer, regardless of your company size, MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH AND HIRE A SOLID AND TRUSTWORTHY TEAM TO SETUP YOUR INSTANCE out-of-the-box and that THEY DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything they've done within SFDC. Also, PICK YOUR ADMINS, POWER-USERS, AND DEVELOPERS CAREFULLY AND MINDFULLY! Do NOT let inexperienced/basic users have admin rights.
SFDC is SOOOOOOOO easy to mess all the way up if you're not careful and will end up costing your company way more money and time to fix and typically, as I have seen personally too many times, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s will just blame the tool itself and fire their SFDC resources assuming it's their fault the platform doesn't meet needs and even just cancel the contract. Then they're left scrambling to meet even basic business needs while putting their large goals in an unattainable/unachievable position. Never trust a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to know anything about or be reliable sources for what is done in and with SFDC.

Pluspunten

I LOVE Lightning as a whole, and I personally believe it was Salesforce's best huge update/release since I first started using the platform in 2011. My favorite Lightning feature is Lightning App Builder for its non-code-based UI and its simplified yet vast customization capabilities.
I also f*ing love AppExchange, Trailhead, and the seemingly endless list of available integrations.

Minpunten

I'm sorry (but not sorry) to say, I HATE how very very little SFDC has improved their incumbent reporting and dashboard functionalities and UI. It's been one of the primary areas of SFDC, as an admin, I use the absolute most yet I always find myself having to resort to external reporting/data analysis tools (shout out to my Ride-or-Die, Excel!) to accomplish all of the data analysis and reporting needed in my role. Einstein Analytics (formerly Wave Analytics) is a godsend but costs a little too much ON TOP OF the already exorbitant price we pay just for base licenses.

Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365 en HubSpot CRM

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce leads the CRM industry, of course, so it's usually a companies first choice when acquiring a CRM. It integrates with almost everything, has a nebulous laundry list of functionalities and customizations, there's super valuable free resources available from AppExchange to Trailhead and more, and so on.
  • Sector: Chemicaliën

Essential and Powerfull syste - If you can afford it

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2022

it has been positive. We started with nothing so it's a large change managment component. But i feel it will make a large positive impact on our sales and customer service teams. We are integrating it with other systems (workflow, ERP) to get as much information in one place for our sales teams to be more efficient. There is so much powerful functionality it's taking time to bed everything down but it's a positive step for my company.

Pluspunten

The customisation is incredible. You can change, add, update, reconfigure basically everything. There are so many standard objetcs to play witha nd then you can create brand new ones to fit your requirments. The possibilites are endless. It also has, hands down, the best online system training i have ever seen. Trailhead allows you to pick an area of interest, learn as you go, put your training into practical use in a dedicated salesforce org and then automated testing of what you have completed. Truly world class.

Minpunten

The possibilities are endless, dauntingly so. The intial configuration is time consuming and there is a lot of knowledge required to get the setup right. Doing it without a trusted 3rd partner is very difficult. It is also expesnive of course but really it's in the "you get what you pay for" category.

Dynamics 365 en SugarCRM

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

SugarCRM didn't fit with our integration strategy and we really looked at best in class. With Dynamics i had a strangely difficult time to actually engage with someone to properly look at the system whih i found dissapointing so i did my own research and pumped for Salesforce.
Jamie

A Business Essential for Success

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2022

Pluspunten

Salesforce Sales Cloud product is an essential part of our day-to-day operations. Not only is it incredibly intuitive, but it also has so many options for customization to our business. I find that if I think of it, I can build it with Sales Cloud. There is always support if we run into any technical issues and training materials to aid in our implementation and learning processes. Overall, it's a great value for the money, especially when one considers that you can pay per license and pay significantly less than other products.

Minpunten

Sometimes, we could get so impressed with what Sales Cloud could accomplish that we would get carried away and over build what could have been a simple solution. It's important to understand your business thoroughly and get familiar with the tools so as not to overbuild.

Zendesk Sell en Zendesk Suite

Zendesk Sell

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

The cost, reputation, and customization options made us trust Salesforce Sales Cloud most.
  • Sector: Religieuze instellingen

Best CRM ever made!

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2021

Since transitioning to Salesforce Sales Cloud, we have been able to build and automate complex processes to reduce redundant tasks, mitigate error, and provide an exceptional customer experience for our constituents.

Pluspunten

Before using Salesforce's Sales Cloud, we used another CRM that was as deficient as it was clunky. Salescloud has literally revolutionized how we do business and manage our constituents. And the fact that you can customize and configure the system to work exactly as you need/want it for your specific use case is by far its greatest strength and the thing I love most about this software.

Minpunten

I wish the app-exchange was more vastly populated with solutions like Apple or Android. It can be somewhat challenging at times to find the right solution or app provider OTB, this forcing you to take the route of custom development or third party integrations.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Redenen om voor Salesforce Sales Cloud te kiezen

Stakeholders felt that we needed a new solution that would adequately meet our needs and limit the frustration and discontent among staff.

Redenen om over te stappen op Salesforce Sales Cloud

UX, UI, Functionality, and Configurability were far superior in Salesforce.
Kylee
  • Sector: Facilitaire diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great for reporting, but not an easy platform to learn.

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2019

If you or your team does not have the time to fully invest in training and learning the platform to a deep extent, than this software would be a waste for you. I would recommend speaking with a SalesForce consultant about the different reporting, campaigning, sales, etc. capabilities before making the investment. Though the Customer Support side of SalesForce, in terms of issue resolution, have not been helpful, the SalesForce sales team is very knowledgeable and give honest opinions on what different functions, plans, etc. they would recommend to fit your specific needs. The sales team has actually saved us money by showing us how to more efficiently manage our plan with them.

Pluspunten

The reporting capabilities of SalesForce, especially now that they have switched over to the new Lightning experience, are a great asset for companies looking to track business development activities. Sales funnel reporting, gain-loss reports, call/meeting/email recaps, project lists, budgeting and customer contacts - SalesForce is your "one stop shop" for all of these reporting functions! My team has also loved having the ability to sign up for monthly emails that are based off of reports they have set up within SalesForce. This allows them to track any progress, trends or issues that need to be addressed upfront. My team has also enjoyed the email campaign tracking, which works in conjunction with the Pardot platform.

Minpunten

SalesForce is not an intuitive software to use and is not easily learned by all members of my team. This is what I like least about the software. Beyond that, customer support has been less than helpful. My team and I have often had to do our own research on Google and YouTube for solutions to problems the SalesForce Customer Service could not help us with. This platform takes a considerable amount of training to really be able to grasp its reporting and data entry capabilities. Beyond that, this product is not cheap! It is worth the investment for larger organizations, but I am not sure it is worth the cost for smaller companies.

Jay
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Save your time and money!

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2020

We signed a Salesforce contract for Lightening Cloud Enterprise edition at $1500 per seat almost three years ago. We get SOME value out of it. However it is like being a non-pilot and being plunked into the cockpit of a 747. Yikes. Seriously. And we have consistent duplicate contact issues that SF wants to charge us to fix. Really? The sales person who sold us Enterprise laughed all the way to cash her commission check. We have five seats...so not a big fish for them. We foolishly paid for "Premier Support" at $187 / mo. Even with Premier, you have to submit a ticket and then wait (usually within 24 hours) to get a call back. Tough if you have a 911 issue. Then we added insult to injury: we bought a Pardot license almost two years ago. If you are reading this and considering Pardot, SAVE YOUR MONEY. Unless of course you have a full in-house development staff that can run it. We use Drip now for a fraction the cost, it has all the functionality, is easy to use (point and click mostly - no developers) and it integrated with our Magento store without a sophisticated API. To be fair SF helped us reinvigorate our retail sales effort (we were WS primarily). But at great cost and with limited functionality. SF could be OK, but be warned it requires a lot of training and / or technical expertise to leverage it fully. It is a legacy platform and cannot adapt easily. Pardot was a complete waste of time and money. As stated we've already moved off Pardot. We will be leaving SF as soon a

Pluspunten

Salesforce has good functionality (if your team has a developer or VERY tech savvy person).
Salesforce Pardot - nothing.

Minpunten

Salesforce is a legacy platform: EXPENSIVE, complicated, not easy to learn or fully leverage. Pardot same - it requires a developer or "Salesforce Pardot Partner" to actually create (more properly code) your campaigns.

nandyala

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Salesforce is a full-featured CRM software for all types of businesses. With Salesforce Small...

Beoordeeld op 23-6-2017

Firstly, there is little to no risk when using Salesforce. Due to its low acquiring costs and low-risk management as an organization tool, there is very little to lose and a lot to benefit from.
The database that Salesforce uses is also helpful in digitizing and organizing company sale records. Thus, improving the overall organization of a company.

Pluspunten

Salesforce and good customer service comes hand in hand. It allows customization of profiles for individual customers as well as quick, organized access to individual records

There is also no need to purchase software and hardware systems to help maintain and keep the application running. Therefore, unlike most software, Salesforce requires no capital investment.
The integrated solutions allow users to work more efficiently and increase the value of each part of the customer life cycle. Moreover, Saleforce analytics and its reporting function gives its users the ability to expand their campaign capacity. As a result, overall productivity can be increased and profit can be maximized.
Since Salesforce is an application and no software is required, there is no need for constant updates as Salesforce will update automatically.

Minpunten

At times, there can be too much customization and the interface can be filled with cumbersome and tedious tools which can be seen as repetitive or distracting.
Some users face difficulties in the transition between transactions. Some have to go through multiple screens to process transactions.
Salesforce has its own maintenance schedule since runs on its own cloud server. As a result, there are times that the application will not be accessible.
Users can also lose a personal touch as in the process of automation
Salesforce contains barriers to adoption. This means that even though Salesforce is cheap, the cost to integrate the application and redesigning their IT to incorporate it into a company is not the same as the cost of acquiring Salesforce. It is possible that the cost of integrating it can exceed the costs of the software itself.

• Sector: Managementconsulting

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Our company has been using Salesforce for around 2 years now and I can say it served our needs...

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018

It keeps good track of our candidates and clients discussions over a period of time which helps us get back from where the last conversation had ended. A good account information as well with 360-view of information. Tools operate much of some famous social networking sites and could be considered as an easy-navigating platform.

Pluspunten

A platform that offers sales management, customer service, marketing automation and partner relationship management. It is a c cloud-based CRM solution, Salesforce gives you anywhere, anytime, access to your business data, even from mobile devices. This platform helped us streamline our process and logged our conversation with each of our clients/candidates keeping track of the discussion history and knowing where we left at. It has a good contact management system that allows the users to store a lot more information like account/client details, addresses, other available information which allows a good account info overview. The Dashboard is customizable and can fit to what their client needs and requires for the specific process. It's an easy to navigate software especially for those who had been into cloud-based platform before.

Minpunten

The complexity of its features sometimes are not being exhausted/maximized by small-scale businesses and could get overwhelming at times. Pricing may be a bit high for a small company especially if they want something that is more customizable. For our team, it took us a while to navigate the platform fully and think of was on how to customize the platform based on our needs. Knowing what is already available for us and what can be considered for the future is something that we get to deep dive over the course of months and a lot of collaboration and dicussion with the team. Reporting issues might be a bit hard in terms of knowing who is responsbile for certain technical glitch if its Salesforce folks themselves or some app that links to it.

Daniel
  • Sector: Nutsbedrijven

Great Customer account system

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2023

Very rarely do i have any issues with this system. It is a efficient system that rarely goes slow for us. It holds all the information in one central location so we can minimise the amount of tabs we have open while supporting our engineers and customers respectively. This improves our efficinecy while taking webchats or phone calls. As mentioned above the phone system sometimes is not the most effective however this is not something we generally use constantly so impact is somewhat mitigated.

Pluspunten

Clean interface. Easy to find the information under nice to find tabs. this makes finding solutions for our engineers much more efficient as i can grab the relevant details needed from a customers account quickly.

Minpunten

We use this system to also receive calls. This sometimes does not send calls through to us if we have sent emails to customers previously by working cases. This effects our support options as we could think there is no queue where in fact there is a large queue buidling behind the scences.

• Sector: Mediaproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A robust CRM that helps you manage your customers, track your performance and grow your...

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2018

A hub for organizing our customers and tracking our performance.

A hub for organizing our customers and tracking our performance.

Pluspunten

I really enjoy how customizable Salesforce is, you can completely tailor each section, such as your page layouts for leads, contacts and accounts to display the data that matters to your business. The software allows you to create new fields, organize them how you'd like and even create automation tools to trigger workflows and email alerts based off of your entries. Outside of the native Salesforce capabilities is a massive app store called the appexchange that allows you to connect your environment with services such as MailChimp for marketing emails, DocuSign for executing contracts and more. Salesforce is not always simple but once it is understood it can be manipulated to fit any businesses needs. We love the report feature because we can pull information on all fields that matter to us in each section (tab) of Salesforce to measure our performance. If your reports often have a defined criteria and date range you can easily schedule email alerts to receive without having to pull manually.

Minpunten

The customer service is bad. Unless you are looking to upgrade your account somehow or purchase a new product you wont be able to contact anyone. You can purchase the customer service package but it is an additional amount. The package allows you to contact customer support via phone - without it you will need to submit a ticket which sometimes takes over a week to resolve. In my opinion no one should have to pay extra to receive quality service for a product they own. Additionally, Salesforce offers customers the opportunity to request fixes/updates to the service and vote on top priority items. I've seen these items often times sit in the queue for 3-5 years. When it's a change that the majority of your customers are demanding there needs to be some priority to that! I think some advice I'd give to Salesforce is to do a better job at not only pushing out new products but ensuring that after they are pushed out they are continuously being monitored and improved , not abandoned. We purchased Pardot three years ago and found that to be a huge mistake because it seemed to be abandoned by Salesforce as the moved onto Marketing Cloud and other ventures. There have been no improvements to Pardot (a Salesforce product) in the last 3 years - it has remained exactly the same even with all of the suggestions provided by customers. We also tried Quip (a Salesforce product) and found it to be similarly undone so decided not to go down that road again.

Boyd

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Salesforce: The Expensive Customizable CRM/Platform

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2022

We use Salesforce both as a CRM internally and also a platform to release our web-based software. It's a solid CRM and a solid platform, but it does have some major limitations that really cause us to question our decision to go with Salesforce. The first is the lack of a native backup solution. Salesforce instead asks you to work with third-party backup solutions which are incredibly expensive. If you think your Salesforce licensing is expensive, wait until you ask for a backup provider solution. You are looking at thousands of dollars a month, which is price prohibitive for small companies. Salesforce will let you export your data weekly (not daily) but it's all just in plain CSV files. If you ever need to restore that data, it's nearly impossible. This is largely why the backup providers charge so much, because of the need to rebuild a complex database system with all the relationships, junction objects, etc.The software is extremely customizable, with the ability to create custom objects, fields, relationships on the fly. This is where Salesforce is remarkable -- their code and database renders changes on the fly, so you don't need to wait to use any of these. You can build a custom object, add fields, and start capturing data immediately. Missed a field? Add it and update your page layouts and keep going.However, bear in mind that every feature in Salesforce is also a hurdle.

Pluspunten

Extremely customizable and extensibleEasy to build custom objects, fields, relationships between objects, etc.No-code Flows offer an ability to automate your system without resorting to Apex codeAppExchange offers multiple tools to expand your org's usability and integrate with other web-based applicationsMassive infrastructure and widespread adoption increases ability to interact with other web-based applicationsLarge 24/7 support teamPermissions are very granularStrong API support with capability to update org metadata using VS Code and other toolsHIPAA/HITECH/SOC certified

Minpunten

No native backup solution (and if you ever need to restore, good luck!)Very expensiveComplicated licensing and versions (Standard, Enterprise, Unlimited, etc.)Permissions are endlessly complex to configure and maintainEndlessly complex to maintain (private vs public list views, related lists, page layouts, lightning layouts, sharing settings, Flows, reports, dashboards, etc.)Salesforce make changes on a quarterly cycle which can impact your business processesInconsistent platform behaviors (Classic vs Lightning)Limitations can be incredibly frustrating, often with no workaroundsNot an ideal solution for small companies