BQE CORE Suite

Steven
  • Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

CORE is a real time saver !

Beoordeeld op 3-8-2022

Implementation took longer than expected but has proved worth the extra time to get it right.

Pluspunten

Using CORE to invoice our clients has freed up so much of my time I'm afraid I could have streamlined myself out of a job. Billing previews that used to take days are now done in hours. The time to create invoices and submit them for approval takes about 25% of the time before CORE. Easy to learn and a breeze to use.

Minpunten

ORE is a very complex software system to set up, but once we worked out all of the nuances and specifications, this software rocks!

Redenen om voor BQE CORE Suite te kiezen

Centralized online database for multiple locations and web-based time tracking.

Overgestapt van

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Redenen om over te stappen op BQE CORE Suite

Price was a key factor, but so was familiarity.
Lisa
  • Sector: Civiele techniek

BQE CORE Suite

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2022

The biggest benefit is not having to constantly perform backups and worry about losing our data because my computer crashes. Since we utilize several of the options we had before in BillQuick, we haven't made too many changes.

Pluspunten

We upgraded from BillQuick to CORE earlier this year. The ability to access whatever I need online makes it so much easier if I need to work from a location outside of the office. Integration was effortless and the help videos are easy to understand and implement. I needed very little training as it was very similar to BillQuick and feel anyone who has used any type of accounting software should be able to use without a great deal of effort. There are several training sessions available to new users on a weekly basis that made it easier for me to schedule. The ability to get immediate customer support is a definite plus.

Minpunten

Sometimes I've had issues where it takes awhile to save time card entries but this may be an issue with our internet and not the software. There have been a few quirks where completed jobs suddenly become active; the interest in the bank reconciliation doesn't carry over to the general ledger. There were also several report default templates that were available in BillQuick that are not available in CORE. You may need to pay for a customized report that used to be free.

Stacy
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

BillQuick - A look at one year post conversion

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2015

Pluspunten

BillQuick is a powerful tool in tracking project time and expenses for professional services. We converted from 7 years of Quick Books data. Although the conversion and integration was not a seemless process, and the learning curve was much longer than originally anticipated, we are now tracking project profitability at a much higher level than we ever have before.
BillQuick Tech Support is fantastic. They are patient and knowledgeable, and we have received a lot of added value by having the Gold Care Tech Support package added onto our services. Additionally, we have invested quite a bit of extra money on having Bill Quick Customization Department write customized reports. Although the standard reports section is extensive, we were unable to find reports that gave us exactly the data we wanted to see. It's nice that this additional service is offered, but it would be nice for them to give us a handful of customized reports as part of the conversion process and then charge extra from there on out.

Minpunten

The software is not as user-friendly as it could be. Some things are overly complicated and require detailed use before you understand the functionality of the software. It could not be more different that QuickBooks, and the transition for us was difficult. Personally, I highly underestimated the learning curve.

In the beginning, we were only using BQ for time and expense logging and we maintained our Quick Books file for all other general accounting, which I would strongly discourage. Although the SYNC feature does work to sync data between programs, it is not a clean sync and much of it needed cleanup on either side of the sync. This was very frustrating. We just recently converted all of our general accounting in QB over to the Accounting portal in BillQuick. This has helped to have all of our financial records in one software system and our data is much more consistent. However, the "Accounting" portal is not perfect and there are a number of features that are lacking where QB has it all dialed in. Examples: 1) in looking at a vendor bill, there is no indication or PAID FLAT to see it has been PAID or not. To see if it is paid, I have to look at the previous checks. 2) In a report that lists all AP checks written for a particular time frame, there is no TOTAL at the end of the report. 3) BQ allows duplicate check numbers. (This is not a complete list, but the top 3 things that drive me insane.) These seem like basic accounting features and for them to not be included in an accounting software is frustrating. DISCLAIMER: we have not yet upgraded to BQ2015 and remain on BQ2014 for a while longer. My understanding is that BQ2015 has updated a number of accounting features, so I look forward to seeing if any of those issues are remedied.

Mikaela

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

User friendly, smart and up-to-date

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2022

Overall positive, I feel that if I am ever in need CORE would be quick to respond and very helpful. It has been easy to train staff to use CORE for time tracking. We would love to learn to use more of CORE to get our productivity levels up

Pluspunten

Timesheets can be accessed from anywhere, it is easy to put in time, staff are required to put in memos, broken down into good categories, so many helpful functions integrated into one program

Minpunten

Sometimes it is glitchy, staff cannot create their own reports, can't create reports for "extras" difficult to find some features, staff cannot batch update entries if they have accidentally put them into the wrong project which adds more to my to do list as admin Staff cannot add new projects

Mahmoud

BQE CORE Suite review

Beoordeeld op 23-11-2022

Pluspunten

BQE CORE Suite is one of the very easy to use and very complicated accounting software.

Minpunten

This software has a learning curve not too easy as you wish

Alexa

Great Time & Billing Software

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use of this software. The site is so user friendly and whenever there is an issue, customer care is a click away!

Minpunten

We would love to use this software in more capacities; however, we have not had a chance to review other ways it can benefit our Firm.

Jovanka
  • Sector: Bouw

Use efficiency

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2022

Still satisfied with the program for basic online use to post time/expense and prepare invoices;

Pluspunten

online time/expense posting; online preparing invoices; online pulling out cost reports;

Minpunten

slow time of loading for time/expense entries; some features don't work where they're specified (an example is "statements" from Billing module, have to go to reports to pull them and send); glitches in pulling data where we have to remember to clean the history to show some data;

Angie

BQE Core Fast Automated and Convenient

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2022

Creating an automated system time keeping and Accounting systems has saved us plenty of time to do other tasks. The Customer Service is great, if they don't know an answer, they will get back to you within 24 hours with the answer.

Pluspunten

This provides an all in one time keeping/Accounting/Invoicing/Project management software. We are working our way to using all of the modules.

Minpunten

At first, this system is huge and can be overwhelming. The training video are very vague.

Joelle
  • Sector: Machine- en installatiebouw

Excellent for Project Billing

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2022

Easiest way to do my invoicing and tracking of all time for employees and projects. Also allows me to create great reports regarding clients held, amount billed, amount owed (and how long overdue). Most Clients love our invoices because they are very clear and straightforward.

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use for our billing and invoice tracking.

Minpunten

There is still a few glitches but I know they are being worked on so I am sure they will be fixed soon.

Dwight
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

BQE Core - So many things to like!

Overall, very good.

Pluspunten

Time and expense tracking are so easy with BQE Core. Prior to BQE Core, expense and time tracking was a challenge... never really knew where we were in a project. Core has made up-to-day reporting of time and expenses so easy.

Minpunten

need ability to "shrink" line styles. At some locations (time sheets, for instance), it would be good to see all of the time for a week on all projects without needing to scroll down.)

Mark

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

This new year marks one whole year we've been using Core

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2020

Core has an amazing catalog of built-in reports. One thing we find ourselves often wishing for was a kind of “Quick List” report that would output a list of something, one item per line, single-spaced and nothing else but a clear statement of the search and filtering criteria at the top. Examples include a list of invoices overdue x days, list of current projects, list of deposits, payments, checks, every transaction ever related to a certain project, etc. These lists are handy when reviewing Core data, or bringing a quick list into a meeting, where the entries can be highlighted, color coded, and/or checked off as you go.

Pluspunten

I have to say it has succeeded with flying colors after being bombarded with all kinds of unusual circumstances with hundreds of our architecture projects! Well done!

I'm constantly amazed how well thought-out the original approach was in Core's basic design allowing it to handle all of our client's weird situations, and we're just one of the zillions of other companies using Core who do things so differently than we do.

I say this with a little authority, as well, because I wrote my first program at age 15 in 1968 and I have seen (and suffered) *everything* in all the eras of computing since. Core is badass.

Every system has issues, but it's important we all stop and appreciate the unimaginable amount of work that went into making Core really effective.

No one paid me to say this and I'm not getting any brownie points. I'm saying this because I know intimately what the developers have gone through to make today's Core possible. Whew!

Minpunten

While Core has one of the best time sheet entry forms around. It would be great to have a more graphical time entry interface such as the kind iOS and Android users are familiar with when using, say, a calendar app, in which they can use a mouse or finger to draw time blocks graphically, then double-click/tap them to set the info for that block.

Overwogen alternatieven

Deltek Vision en Unanet AE

Redenen om over te stappen op BQE CORE Suite

We selected Core for its modern design and awesome feature set which helps us run all areas of our business under one roof
Cathy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

CORE has given our principals and project managers more access to real time data

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020

As we continue to get more proficient navigating CORE, it has given our principals and project managers more access to real time data reducing the potential for errors in reporting and data transfer in multiple areas to better service our valued clients.

Pluspunten

Project management and accounting real time data metrics anytime and almost anywhere through cloud based hosted subscriptions allowing quick response time to our valued clients. CORE has eliminated need for complicated spreadsheets and various other methods of housing project data. Coming from QuickBooks desktop accounting which we have used for almost 19 years, CORE accounting subscription has given us access to company financial data anywhere. We are utilizing Core for time tracking, expense reports, billing, project management and accounting.

Minpunten

The display as feature needs to be expanded and made specific to invoices and time cards. Core has ePayments for credit card and we are waiting for ACH feature which is going to be there somewhere in August.

Laura
  • Sector: Civiele techniek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

it’s truly changed how we operate as a business

Beoordeeld op 23-4-2021

We have only been using the software since September 1st. Previously we were using Excel for project management, timesheets, and AR invoicing. In addition, we were using Word and Excel to generate manual invoices (then converting to PDF). Not only has the billing process been improved, but we have been able to implement Internal Financial Controls. We purchased the HR and Accounting modules a couple of months ago and are in the process of implementing our own HR templates. We are looking forward to automating the HR process. It’s truly changed how we operate as a business and made us ten times more efficient in so many different ways.

Pluspunten

The call-in support is always available.
The billing module & templates. It is easy to generate invoices.
The batch update feature.
Uploading documents in various modules.
View of information projects are restricted to authorized personnel.
Ability to sort and filter various screens.
How CORE will remember where you left off if you leave a screen or log-out (same filters, etc.).

Minpunten

Core can use these improvements:

3. What improvements would you like to see in Core
• An Accounts Payable Widget that shows open invoices that are due within a customized time frame.
• A tracking method for professional continuing education requirements.
• Enabling dependency between phases (not just within phase).
• Download GANNT chart into Excel that looks like the chart (not just a list).
• Being able to modify draft invoices without having to delete and start over.
• Vendors – tracking COI’s w/60-day advance reminders.
• AP checks to include invoice number (not the bill number).
• In the project structure, a separate tool to move a phase up or down (rather than the grab and drop).
• The AR invoices to automatically sort to open status only (not all invoices).
• The ability to hide or delete built-in accounts in the Chart of Accounts.
• Custom HR forms that can be sent to employees and electronically signed.
• In billing, projects that are in complete or cancelled status, it will not show up in the drop-down menu when creating batch invoice.

Eury
  • Sector: Managementconsulting

My BQE Experience

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2016

Pluspunten

I like that BQE is user friendly and makes it possible for the entire company to enter their own time and expenses anywhere, anytime.
I like that when there are updates to the system, users are informed.
I really like that everything entered through the mobile app sinks right away into BQE.
The technical support customer services is great. Even when someone is not sure of the answer, they research and get back to you. The support group is dedicated, knowledgeable and professional. Lenny is the best.

Minpunten

I do not like that all reports are Word documents. With data, it is impossible to sort and filter when looking for information.
It would also be easy if questions/answers could be given directly in BQE prior to invoicing instead of having to print each pre-bill and send to managers for approval and then enter their answer back in BQE.
The system allows write up/down of billable hours but you cannot run an accurate report of the amounts that were written up/down (I think in BQE it includes non billable hours). I keep track of mine on an Excel spreadsheet and it would be nice if I did not need to have an additional spreadsheet.
It would make more sense if each field that is populated in all categories could be use for reporting purposes. For example, if running a list of client, it would be good if we could choose what fields we want to see on the report for each client (like contact person, email address, industry...). Sometimes, I have to run three reports to get the information that I compile in one Excel spreadsheet.
Maybe I do not have this information, but the only way to access report customization is via email. It would be nice to have a support line for easy questions regarding a new report.

Jaydra

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great product! Practical, customizable, and good value for the money.

Beoordeeld op 29-12-2018

This product saves me time and keeps all my cases organized so I never miss important deadlines or follow-up tasks. Well worth the money.

Pluspunten

1) It has a nice look and it's easy to use because it is organized in an intuitive manner.
2) It is also incredibly customizable. There are so many ways to filter reports and adjust who sees which reports and when, it kind of blows my mind. I have done so many things to customize this software to my firm's needs and I still feel like I've just scratched the surface. This also means it will continue to be useful as my firm grows, which is incredibly valuable.
3) It's a cloud-based software, which means I never have to worry about installing the latest updates. It's also an extra bonus layer of data security because the data is not housed on my local in-office server.
4) Tracking time is easy, and once hours have been billed to the client they are marked in the system (this may seem like a pretty basic feature, but it was surprisingly difficult to find in a case management software).
5) It talks to QuickBooks online, and it's easy to transfer data. It saves a lot of time to transfer invoice and other data from the project management software directly into my accounting system.
6) The customer service and follow-up support is great. I was walked through the initial implementation, which got me up and running almost immediately - very little work time invested in the implementation. After using the software for a few weeks, I scheduled a one-on-one training session with a BQE trainer to get all my firm-specific questions answered which was great.

Minpunten

My only (minor) complaint is that it does not yet also function as a CRM. I hope they add this feature because I'm looking forward to incorporating that data and function into the same system as my case management.

David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I highly recommend bqe - Core!

Beoordeeld op 26-1-2020

I value honesty, and I value those that take ownership. I recommend bqe-CORE. I just designed a ‘custom report’ for our company utilizing the CORE ‘Custom Report’ section. They were great to work with. We are now using ‘my’ Company report starting January 2020. This ‘custom report’ pulls in all our client ‘project data’ real time. It shows what’s important to us…. our project team. We have many concurrent project-phases (hourly or not to exceed contract phases) under the parent project, that start one year and end the next. This custom report is a great tool for us… color coded – RED, showing when over budget (time or ‘not to exceed’ contract fee).

Pluspunten

We transferred 12 years of ‘Project History’ to bqe – CORE effective January 1, 2019. I am the Business Manager and I report directly to the owner of the Company. I keep current the clients we work with…..and all project-phase information for the company , billing – invoicing, using the CORE operating system. As a former Marine Corps officer…. then commercial banker (15 years) I believe that ‘People make the difference’….. not machines. The people at bqe – CORE, particularly the HELP DESK, are all professionals – they know what they are talking about and they care. I highly recommend bqe – CORE!

Minpunten

I wish there were more built-in invoice/report customization options

Cheri
  • Sector: Machine- en installatiebouw

Great Customer Service and Support

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2017

I just want to witness to the fact that everything that Engineering Office says about their wonderful support is true. A lot of companies over embellish and when you have a problem it is like pulling teeth to get some help. Not at Engineering office. They respond to phone calls and emails very quickly. The employees that they have in training and support should be the jewels in their crown. I have had the pleasure of working through frustrating problems with customer support, only to find it is some small thing and getting it fixed or training me to fix it goes quickly. Customer support representatives are FABULOUS and they have great patience and compassion for their customers. They realize that customers can't fix everything and that sometimes it is just beyond us. I learned this software quickly and came to a company that had not set it up correctly and nothing Sync'd together right. Customer support representatives held my hand and walked me through knowing that I was under a deadline. That is what is wonderful about this support team. They are human and they realize that you are human too and that things happen and they are there to guide the way, educate, and even fix the big problems. Anyone who chooses this software should realize that the Maintenance and Support fee that you pay is well worth it. Keep up the good work. It is very appreciated by your Customers.

Pluspunten

It is very easy to use and you can learn it quite quickly with help of online webinars, the help pages, and just fishing around in the menus. Very clear and concise.

Minpunten

I wish that the SYNC process was done with a macro and I didn't have to do anything more than schedule it to go.

Stan

Like the flexibility

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2020

I have used BQE product for many years. The product is stable and pretty straight forward to use and today after a long time I needed customer support. The response as always was excellent and the problem I was experiencing was resolved.

Pluspunten

I like the flexibility and design of the software once I gone through the learning curve. The reports are straight forward and give me all the insightful data without customizing.

Minpunten

I find the billing process steps a bit awkward but I am used to them now. It is annoying to have to look for the most recent invoice under Invoice Review once the invoice is processed as final.

Autumn

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Core has been a huge time saving for us..

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2020

It is such a user-friendly software program and the customer service is definitely great.

Pluspunten

Core has been a huge time savings for us. The ease of creating invoices, making and customizing reports, and entering time has improved our ability to get more done overall. We have been very pleased with all aspects of customer service, the integration team, custom reports team, trainers, and call center for the one off type questions and issues. We would recommend Core to anyone on the fence about the service. It is such a user-friendly software program

Minpunten

There was a bit of a learning curve in the beginning and training coordination was somewhat challenging but nothing extraordinary.

Mark

BillQuick Time Bill, Project Management & Accounting

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2016

BillQuick is a sophisticated time and expense billing software. It can be customized to individual needs. I use it for my accounting practice, but don't need many of the features available with the product. It will integrate with QuickBooks, however, I prefer to use it simply to track time and expense; then use QuickBooks directly for my invoicing. The BillQuick software will produce very detailed invoices if you choose to use the program to prepare client invoices. You can customize the appearance of the invoice to give the client as much or little information you want.

Pluspunten

Compared to other time and billing software, BillQuick is a bargain. The program allows you to set up multiple engagements for each client so you can track time and expense separately for each engagement if you so choose. Once you have everything set up, the program works very smoothly. Customer support has been very good. I like the layout of the screens and the icons that take you the various program applications. They make it very easy to move from one application to another regardless of the particular application you are in.

Minpunten

I am not a technical person and there is a bit of a learning curve with the product. Because it is designed to be very customizable to a wide variety of industries, there are many features you may not need. This is not a bad thing.

Janiece

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Using Core has helped us analyze our data better

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2020

Pluspunten

This software has lot of features and the best part is you can pick and choose the features that best fit your business. Although, Core is feature rich it is amazing how intuitive this software is. Support is great but most of the times we are able to figure out or answer our own questions if we get stuck that how simple and user friendly Core is. After switching to Core our management team is able to analyze the real time data to figure out the areas of improvement.

Minpunten

No real changes to suggest as of yet. There is already a lot to absorb. Anytime we need help or improvement in the software we send the feedback to BQE

Teresa
  • Sector: Milieudiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time

Beoordeeld op 15-4-2019

We have been using BQE since March 2015. Prior to then, we kept all project information in QuickBooks. The staff were not able to see where they were on projects since they did not have access to QuickBooks. Currently everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time.

Pluspunten

The ability for each employee to input their time/expenses is one of the features that I like the most. I also appreciate that staff members can check time and expenses for their projects to see where they are on projects with a budget. Invoicing is now streamlined because the information for the project manager's review is on one page. Budget information is on the draft invoice which makes it easy to see when a project is over/under budget, and who has coded time to the project.

Minpunten

I wish there was a better way of archiving old vendor bills.

Antwoord van BQE Software Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Teresa
thanks so much for your review, we are pleased you now have a one-stop shop in real time for your projects! Thanks for being a part of the BQE Family!

Junaid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Core comes with powerful features

Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020

Here are some of the features that we like the most in Core and these features have made us a better firm:

We definitely like; Reports, especially project analysis and performances. The ability to activate / deactivate phases on a project. We have been invoicing out of Core and recently I am appreciating ePayments and stripe integration and project management dashboard.

Pluspunten

After testing many other products in the market when we were deciding to make a switch, I can confidently say Core by far was right at the top of the list. The features and power are so vast that I believe BQE should offer certification courses for Core. We still are in early stages of exploiting all the amazing features of Core, but there is no question as a firm we have become more disciplined in managing client expectation on budget and project performance as a whole. Customer service is great and your ongoing feature videos are the best learning tools.

Minpunten

We would like to see improvements in Gantt chart area.

Jeff
  • Sector: Chemicaliën

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2019

Pluspunten

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now. At this point it is difficult to imagine how our business timesheets, expenses, and invoices operated without Core. We enjoy the flexibility it allows us to utilize the functionality we need without being forced to use or pay for features that don’t apply to our unique business. We continue to expand the ways Core helps our business through learning new features, creating custom reports, and exporting helpful information. As our business has grow BQE has worked with us to help stay on top of our growing needs

Minpunten

Improvement in Scroll & update issue – when doing batch edits to approve time, update bill rates, etc. the only items actually edited are those that load. We only have 15 employees, but a month worth of time can take a very long time to scroll through. There should be an override to load all or apply to all rather than having to scroll through hundreds of entries, loading more every 3-4 seconds.

Christina

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

User friendly, excellent customer service

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2020

We are loving the crisp user interface and customizable dashboards are definitely plus

Pluspunten

After using BillQuick for more than 10 years we switched over to Core. The transition was extremely smooth. Core is an excellent product which my staff transitioned to with ease. The online tutorials were so good that staff just dove right in to working with Core with almost no support needed.

Any questions that I have as I was setting things up were quickly answered but staff who are always quick to respond, extremely knowledgeable and always friendly. I would definitely recommend Core to anyone!

Minpunten

Cannot say 'least' but definitely would like to see incomplete time card notification feature that we used to enjoy. I was told it is on the road-map.