BigCommerce

Een nieuwe definitie van e-commerce voor ondernemingen

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Hard To Beat.. Especially If You Don't Like Wordpress

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2021

Pluspunten

For what BC offers, they're hard to beat. Coming from Wordpress/Woo, it's a goldmine of flexibility when it comes to their backend structure, security and flexibility. They offer so much in their base package. Wordpress is messy and so much to maintain. BC is not. It's a simple plug-n-play type of system where you add your content and you can be up and running within 24 hours. It's quite refreshing, actually.

Minpunten

As with most of the others, customization is lacking. Their "free" templates are blah and boring and their paid templates are cost-prohibitive for a startup. If you've got the funds for one, that's great; but for many of my clients, they need something quick and easy to get started with. While BC has a superb back-end, the design side of it for "unseasoned" business owners can be very challenging and frustrating. Their new(er) page designer is good, but not great.

Justin
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

TYLER'S x BigCommerce

Beoordeeld op 9-11-2020

BigCommerce has been absolutely phenomenal. We're glad to be based in Austin, Texas alongside some of the BigCommerce team. Their support staff has been instrumental in our ability to adjust when a problem arises, and find a long term solution to ensure our ongoing success.

Pluspunten

BigCommerce has developed a simplistic software that's allowing small and mid size companies to maneuver at scale. We've been able to learn and adapt new strategies as their team continues to open new capabilities to developers and as they push development in their app market. Fast and reliable apps will be key to building and maintaining the next evolution of ecommerce businesses and having that infrastructure in place will be pivotal in the years to come.

Minpunten

When we teamed up with BigCommerce, they were a newer competitor in the market. Some similar companies were able to offer functionalities that were limiting to our initial growth through ecommerce. Being a brick and mortar based business since 1978, we had a multitude of functionalities needed to keep up with our physical locations. Although they couldn't offer these features out of the gate, they were quick to get them implemented and worked closely with us to resolve our issues.

Max
  • Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Terrific admin UI and purchaser experience - BigCommerce will not fix bugs customers find

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2020

The software has been solid for our customers and the administration UI is very easy to use.

We have outstanding technical issues that have been open for more than a year and are still not resolved (HTTP status 500 errors that intermittently are returned from their backend APIs) - they say they cannot see the errors in their backend logs and we must send them examples even though we have this happen 10-12 times a day, continually, for over a year.

Their Stripe integration does not include the email address field when they send payment requests to Stripe, so customers do not get a credit card receipt from Stripe. Requesting this be changed resulted in them telling us only 1 other customer wanted this feature and that we should switch to Authorize or Brain Tree because it works with those processors) - this felt like a move to downplay the use of Stripe and push us towards vendors that BigCommerce perhaps prefers?

It is hard to believe we are the only customer that would want Stripe to send CC receipts to customers - their built-in receipt mechanism does not allow a store to include the last 4 digits of the credit card in the receipt the store sends, which means customers have to call in to customer support when they are organizational customers to figure out which CC is used - a very poor experience for our customers and for our customer support team.

Pluspunten

It is highly customizable, has most of the features you'd expect in an e-commerce solution, and the APIs are well-documented.

Minpunten

* Seemingly easy solutions to known issues get stuck in their support bureaucracy and disappear
* Their logging does not allow software engineers nor CSRs to see the specifics of errors - customers must provide client-side stack traces to help them find errors on their backend (for example, API calls that return HTTP status 500)

Sanoussy
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Bigcommerce review

Beoordeeld op 23-11-2022

Bigcommerce is a very good software that I use for 2 years for e-commerce purposes to sell in different countries.

Pluspunten

Bigcommerce allowed me to develop a simplistic software that allowed us small and medium businesses to operate on a large scale.

Minpunten

The configuration of the application is not so simple and fast from another platform, because the payment is not slow.

Mark

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Bigcommerce edged out the competition for my online store.

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2020

I tried several shopping cart e-commerce solutions and found that Bigcommerce suited my needs the most. I ended up using a free style template and customized it myself saving me a lot of money. Online and phone support are top notch!

Pluspunten

The ease of use was a major factor in my decision to go with Bigcommerce. There are many choices out there for online retailers to build their storefront. I liked the ease of customization and the large amount of standard features. Their integration with online marketplaces and social media really saves a lot of time.

Minpunten

There is an annual sales cap that I'm worried about, but when I get to that point I will just upgrade the service to where I need it. There are not enough free store style templates available. Custom styles get very costly. Some features that should be standard are non existent.

Redenen om voor BigCommerce te kiezen

I liked the layout and template choices more with Bigcommerce.

Overgestapt van

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

For my use, it was the superior product.
Garrett

Great for rapid growth

Beoordeeld op 7-7-2022

Postive. I have been using it for 6+ years already and do not see any reason to leave. it has grown with me over the years.

Pluspunten

Bigcommerce is easy to implement and one of the most versatile ecommerce/inventory/web store/website builder/order management platforms on the market. They are built for you to grow and will work for a startup or for a enterprise.

Minpunten

I dont like the way they announce new features. Sometimes the degrade a feature but the only way to find out is to attend a "town hall" instead they should just email all users a list of features that are being updated or degraded.

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

Bigcommerce had a lower fee with more features included. they do not take a percentage of each sale like shopify tries to.
Roland
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

One of the better ecommerce solutions out there.

Beoordeeld op 26-5-2022

Having built out multiple bigcommerce sites I would have to say the experience has been a good one. We have not had any major issues with the platform and our clients are very pleased with the final results of their websites.

Pluspunten

Very easy set up. Once you or your client chooses a theme it is a pretty straight forward process getting your store online.

Minpunten

I would say the thing I liked least is not having some sort of builder for basic web pages. Too much customization needs to go into creating custom category pages.

WooCommerce en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

One of the main reasons we choose bigcommerce is they don't have many limitations on they types of products you can sell on their platform.
Hikmat

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Its great website platform for the mid size companies

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2022

1- It provides more customization opportunity in comparison with the prebuilt website platforms
2- Multi-warehouse functionality is better
3 - Integration with the custom made warehouse management system is better
4- You can add almost unlimited product variants

Pluspunten

With this website we able to integrate multi-store inventories and track the sales

Minpunten

If we able to minimize the price or have at least 10% discount it would be better.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A great tool for customizable templates

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2020

I love it. It offers additional features like my online store's SEO, drop shipping, etc.

Pluspunten

Love the templates available for my store and customization options.

Minpunten

Price difference between the level of subscriptions can be a little high. Some basic features fall into a higher subscription.

WooCommerce en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

BigCommerce was visually more appealing to me. I loved the designs available.
Samin
  • Sector: Computergames
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Bigcommerce Review

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2019

My overall experience with Bigcommerce is undoubtedly excellent. It would have been better if they considered to lower the price of this mesmerising software.

Pluspunten

I loved the fact that I could easily build my site the way I want without coding a single line. It's easy for beginners to start designing your first e-commerce site even if you don't know how to build sites

Minpunten

I worst thing about this is I think it's overpriced. For the price it doesn't have that much features. The overall value doesn't match with the pricing

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

I choose Bigcommerce to try it out and I was hoping for more because the pricing seemed expensive. But still it's a pretty good software to work with but I don't think most people starting out can afford this.
Jason
  • Sector: Afdrukken en drukwerk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Easy to use but they didn't have my back

Beoordeeld op 22-7-2021

At first it was great, but as they got bigger they didn't seem to value my business the same way and forced me to pay almost 3 times what I had agreed to. I was happy to switch to a competitor when I did.

Pluspunten

I liked that it was very easy to figure out. It was updated regularly and laid out nicely. I built my first e-commerce store on my own using this software.

Minpunten

I kept hitting walls with what I wanted to do. Some of the features were limiting like "Options" and I kept hoping they would improved them. They also made a change to their pricing structure and took away Customer Groups on the plan I was on. It was $29/mo and then all of a sudden it was $79/mo. I wish they grandfathered me in. When I called to complain or work something out, they had a take it or leave it attitude... so I left it.

Jennifer
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Love it!

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019

Pluspunten

We've been using Bigcommerce (or BC, for short) for about 4 years now, and we love it. It makes ecommerce easy and efficient.

Minpunten

There are some instances where the lack of control or access to the server has caused us to change some of our plans, but it's nothing I would call a dealbreaker.

Redenen om voor BigCommerce te kiezen

Lack of service and support for the product.

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

Better customization options for our business at the time.
Asher

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

BigCommerce is a great online store solution.

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2021

We have used BigCommerce for over 6 years, and it has proved to be a fantastic online store solution, offering a simple interface, every feature you need, ease of payment for customers, and simple integration.

Pluspunten

Order management is the strongest point of BigCommerce, and that is exactly what you want from an online store. Integration is simple and accurate, reporting and analytics are comprehensive, and the scalable pricing structure is the cherry on top. An excellent product.

Minpunten

I really don't have any complaints about BigCommerce. Oh wait, I thought of one - Stop asking me to change my password every 3 months - it's annoying !

WooCommerce

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

We use both, but I feel BigCommerce is the better solution. It offers more features.
Christine
  • Sector: Plastics en kunststoffen

Big Commerce Works for Harman

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2019

Our previous platform was limited and not very user friendly. BigCommerce has made managing our online store so much easier and it has allowed us to provide a better customer experience.

Pluspunten

I love the way the interface is set up. It is very easy to manage and everywhere you need to access is easy to find - You can also customize different status' so we can identify every situation quickly. We are just starting to use the Blog feature and we are very excited about how easy this is to manage.

Minpunten

The blog themes are kind of generic. We had to have our blog template designed so it would stand out and match the overall look we are going for.

Tom
  • Sector: Bouwmaterialen

Big Commerce Web Development E-Commere

Beoordeeld op 22-9-2020

All-in-all, BigCommerce is fairly easy to use and I am happy with the template selection. But, the key is some of the plug-ins like Shogun.

Pluspunten

Once I got the hang of using plug-in software like ShoGun for landing page development, BigCommerce became pretty easy to use.

Minpunten

The software is not as customizable as I would like. I wanted to add size selection to a base item. But, instead, I had to list multiple size variations of the same product color.

Adobe Commerce en Znode

Redenen om voor BigCommerce te kiezen

BigCommerce is a mo0re robust solution for B2B e-commerce sites.

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

It was more economical and seemed like a simpler solution when we purchased it.
Adam
  • Sector: Openbare veiligheid
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

BigCommerce Review

Beoordeeld op 6-7-2020

It works, and we need the software as we couldn't integrate two Shopify stores into our ERP. I hope we can expect BigCommerce to keep adding features because they really do have a lot of catching up to do.

Pluspunten

We stated using BigCommerce as the software behind our new website redesign. We like the ease of setting up the products, product customization and the large pool of experienced companies that design BigCommerce storefronts. It was easy to get setup and our new website was running in about 6 months.

Minpunten

The order management system they have in place is just not good. You cannot edit orders. Which customers expect us to be able to do. If a customer wants to add an item you can add the item, but you cannot charge the customer for the additional item within BigCommerce software. Same goes with removing items from orders. If you remove an item from an order it does not give you an option to refund the difference. You have to do that outside BigCommerce software.

Our website has been live on BigCommerce for about 4 weeks now and we just experienced our fist "outage" in over 5 years. So I am not optimistic about uptime since the site has already gone down once, and it has only been live for 4 weeks.

Using BigCommerce it is hard to search for and find orders, even if you have an order number you are redirected to the "advanced search". Instead of being able to type in an order number and find the order you have to type in the number, wait for the advanced search page to load then type in the order number again. Come...on...guys.

The same with product search. I can copy and paste a product name directly from our storefront, search in BigCommerce, then I get redirected to another "advanced search" page. Where I have to enter the SAME SEARCH again, then I get results.

We are on an "enterprise" plan that in some ways, has less features than a store we run on a "basic" Shopify plan for less than 1/3 the cost.

Inventory tracking is also not great.

Katherine
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

It's a good platform

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2020

At some point we always found ourselves strengthening the site and working it on Wordpress, at least for the coding and styling. Bigcommerce for the product set up and integration with google shopping was effective.

Pluspunten

The good thing is that you don’t have to buy web hosting or install anything on your computer to use it, since it's hosted. It has a good amount of templates you can explore. Despite it is thought for people less into web designing, it also allows more tech-savvy users and developers to apply some HTML and CSS styling.

Minpunten

You really need to evaluate well the plan that will help you the most according to your business growing strategy, if not, you'll feel limited. Review the transactions fees and the sale limits.

Wix en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op BigCommerce

The company was already working with it.
  • Sector: Olie en energie

Great E-Commerce Platform for Both B2C and B2B Companies

Beoordeeld op 13-8-2019

We have a consistent revenue stream of active customers on our website daily. We are able to process these and ship them within the BigC system. It makes all of our employees' day-to-day processes so much easier.

Pluspunten

Customization, ability to have product variants and options, filtered search on the category pages and search pages.

Minpunten

Support sometimes doesn't know everything about ongoing issues with the platform so sometimes it is frustrating to iterate an issue that team members don't even know are happening. It's often mediated with a day or two but the initial message can be cumbersome.

Joe

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Good platform depending on your business needs.

Beoordeeld op 4-2-2020

We use Bigcommerce to run our E-commerce business. Overall, we are satisfied with the platform and it gets the job done.

Pluspunten

The layout is fairly easy to navigate and the support team is helpful when we have issues. We went with Bigcommerce because we were having issues with Shopify with the timing and capturing of payments.

Minpunten

Bigcommerce is very limited in design options when compared to platforms such as Shopify, Wordpress and Magento. I would recommend going with one of them depending on your business needs.

Ron
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

Some Ups and Downs, but I'm a Loyal User All the Same

Beoordeeld op 19-12-2019

I signed up when they were fairly new to the market, and have seen the company change hands, grow, and make changes to the product. It's not been a perfect experience, but I've never really considered changing platforms because of any issues I've had. At the end of the day, BigCommerce lets me run my site without having to think too much about the web-side of things.

Pluspunten

I love the general ease of use on the front end, while having a massive amount of control on the back end. Pricing has gone up over the years, but has always been fair in my opinion. With BigCommerce, I was able to single handedly set up my own online shop, add products, design the site based on their templates, and then stop back and focus on the day-to-day tasks of running a business.

Minpunten

Their inability to have a robust iPhone app or even a truly useable mobile admin site is inexcusable in 2019. Customer service is usually good, but I've also had some fairly rough experiences.

• Sector: Computersoftware
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An excellent hosting e-commerce platform with almost all enterprise features

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019

We have migrated our Magento 1 site to BigCommerce after ongoing frustration with Magento 2.3 extension quality and caching issues. We've achieved a lot in a 2 week period and launched in a month.

Pluspunten

The stability of it is great. The admin UI is very easy to use and intuitive. It has advanced pricing controls and other B2B features. The templates are great and we really saved a lot of time with a customization. If you have strong e-commerce skills in house, I honestly believe you can be live in a month or two. We found ourselves solving lots of problems that we'd normally require a developer for. It's very robust if you can stay on its rails. There are a lot of plug-ins, although some are expensive with monthly subscriptions.

Minpunten

The standard shipping features are very lacking and basic, and the solution is to use a plug-in. Although a free account with the plug-in is provided, it's inadequate and a subscription ended up costing us hundreds of dollars a month. The shipping system is even inadequate for basic stores. It's also lacking some functionality like product priority within categories, and limits faceted filters to 12 which required us to re-jig a bit of stuff and remove some filters. So the merchandising can be limiting at times. We could also do with native support for SVG images, and a static block CMS.

Support is slow and you can be waiting 2 days for a reply. So although it is easy to use, if you do hit a wall, you need to wait a while for support. However, even with these caveats, we still found it to be a better solution to what we were using.

James

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

An advanced stores best friend

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2021

Overall, our experience has been great. This platform has housed us over the past few years and has adapted with us as our business has grown.

Pluspunten

This software offers a lot more customization than its competitors. For a small shop, other programs may be enough but we personally deal with high order volumes and different tiers of customers at different price groups. Big-commerce allows us to keep these groups separate while still maintaining the same level of customer satisfaction across the board.

Minpunten

The product still lacks a few customization options. This has limited us to differents sale types. We can understand when dealing with 1000's products and multiple customer groups, this could be difficult, but its something we would like to see in the future.

Moises
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Perfect tool to develop an eCommerce

Beoordeeld op 2-6-2021

Since we use BigCommerce it is easier to develop websites, in other platforms the development time is longer, with this tool in one day I can have my store online.

Pluspunten

This platform is perfect for creating an online store, it has too many themes and applications to complement the website, it is easy to use and anyone without previous experience in web development can do it. I also like that the security of the website is excellent.

Minpunten

I think the bad thing about this site is that they don't allow you to export the website, only some features like products, customers and some basic features. The code of the website belongs to them, so if I want to migrate to Wordpress for example, it is not possible.

Gnankoye
  • Sector: Internet

BigCommerce e-commerce software

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2022

BigCommerce is software that I highly recommend for all e-merchants who want to create electronic store

Pluspunten

Thank you BigCommerce for helping me launch my very first online store. I am very grateful to the developers of this software.

Minpunten

To be honest, I was new to e-commerce but with BigCommerce I was able to create my store without any problem

Ivan
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

A Poor Man's Shopify Plus---Easier to Use/Maintain than Magento But Lagging Behind Shopify

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2018

We moved from Magneto Go, to Magento CE, and then to Bigcommerce over the course of several years in business. Moving from Magento, Bigcommerce was an obvious and needed upgrade for us. Our store was more reliable, and significantly easier to manage day to day. A lot of things that had kept me up as a sysadmin were no longer an issue and we saw very little loss in functionality all things considered.

We used Bigcommerce for roughly a year and a half, leaving the platform entirely in early 2018 for Shopify Plus. In terms of the software itself, I do not regret this transition at all. If you can afford Plus I would advise you to go for it. The product is more mature than it was even a year ago, and is now a clear industry leader over Bigcommerce, OpenCart, Magento etc.

Pluspunten

Cloud based, more-reliable-than-magento hosting, decent discount rules engine, compatible with most major "Shipping Manager" softwares like Shipstation etc

No overly-restrictive terms of use, suitable platform for sellers of "high-risk" items.

Better than Magneto in practice for 85% of small to medium businesses.

Minpunten

Poor optimization for speed, poor user-facing checkout experience, tepid app ecosystem, objectively inferior automation and reporting tools, admin UI is clunky, customization of themes is difficult and costly, new features/product launches are paywalled and often incomplete, didn't stop billing us when we canceled service to switch to Shopify, experienced a glitch which inexplicably hid paid orders...

Out of the box Shopify does practically everything better while minimizing the potential for errors during setup, configuration, optimization, and daily use of your store.

In almost every metric and use case Shopify dominates Bigcommerce. Bigcommerce is playing catchup, and it's obvious from the back end of the software their team is struggling to stay competitive. While we were on the platform some updates appeared to suffer from "Microsoft syndrome" in that they looked pretty but had minimal depth or practical utility (think 3D paint or the latest version of windows media player).

Bigcommerce only comes out ahead in pricing, terms of service, and a few configuration edge cases (which can mostly be solved by Apps in Shopify.)