SAP Concur

4,3 (1.764)
Reizen, uitgaven en facturen - geautomatiseerd en onder controle.

(1.764)

• Sector: Consumentengoederen

Best for employee expenses

Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020

Pluspunten

Easy to master and very easy to see and check the expenses of employees, especially if you do this in the AP department.

Minpunten

The only missing part of this product is lacking the reporting feature. Every reports need to be done manually.

Tawanda
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pluspunten

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Minpunten

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Dustin
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Concur

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2023

Pluspunten

Overall,I love to be able to do all of my approvals in one software program. I utilized for T&E, purchase order approvals, accounts payable, and the workflow approval was awesome. Very robust software.

Minpunten

The software lacked the ability to easily connect to customer list and did not have prepaid expense amortization capabilities.

Chris
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

Beoordeeld op 7-7-2016

My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc.

But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way.

I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur.

More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer.

In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system.

Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution.

So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pluspunten

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Minpunten

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs.

So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far.

In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization.

Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

Bhushan
  • Sector: Chemicaliën
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

One of the Best Tool for Accounting

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2022

Concur make accounting and Travel, and finance-related processes in my organization, which helps to increase accuracy and process smooth. Email Plugin & Email Forwarding - Gmail / Outlook made easier

Pluspunten

One of the Best Tool for Accounting, invoicing, accounts payable, travel management, and easy approval process.

Minpunten

this tool is not that much easy for mobile OCR facility

Happay

• Sector: Biotechnologie
  • Anders 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

SAP Concur

Beoordeeld op 20-6-2020

The main issue we have is to be able track expenses in order to comply with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act reporting requirements.

Pluspunten

It can help with compliance with the Sunshine Act which is very important for pharmaceutical companies.

Minpunten

It's very expensive. They charge $14 per expense report.

Emburse Chrome River Expense

Redenen om voor SAP Concur te kiezen

Expensify does not do Sunshine Act reporting

Redenen om over te stappen op SAP Concur

Most of my staff had experience using Concur before. So it made training easier.
Kevin
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor

great product

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2022

great was to keep track of all receipts and expenses

Pluspunten

ease of use and tracking of expenses. you mare always aware of what is being spent and where

Minpunten

a few extra steps to attach a receipt, but overall, easy to use

Anna
  • Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

tmc use

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2022

Pluspunten

concur is one of the best products for obt, expensive though

Minpunten

price is the reason some clients opt for other products, also inability to book multiple airlines on the same file

Ryan
  • Sector: Industriële automatisering
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

5 year user of SAP Concur for expenses and would recommend to all sizes of organizations

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2023

The experience has been good. The cons I have are really nit picking and if I compare this software to others I have used for expense tracking this one is by far the best.

Pluspunten

I like how easy and quickly it is to upload receipts with mobile, save reports prior to submission, check on the desktop browser site and submit on time. Payment also appears to be simple as approvals are quick and If I missed anything the report it sent back to me to correct.

Minpunten

The software recently had an update to the UI. I used to upload all my receipts mobile and then add them to the report when I did them at months end. I used to be able to see the physical receipt to know how much it was and what it was for on the same screen I attached it from. Now I have to click into the receipt to check it, then attach it. While its not a big deal, I do reports on my time so every extra minute it takes is one less with the family.

Seth
  • Sector: Luchtvaart(maatschappijen)

Concur

Beoordeeld op 20-10-2022

I dislike the screen set up. It is difficult to migrate.

Pluspunten

The software is hard to use. Locating receipts for my employees proves time consuming and difficult.

Minpunten

Not being able to comfortably migrate throughout the system.

Michael
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Very helpful software with many useful features

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pluspunten

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Minpunten

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

• Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel

Beoordeeld op 24-8-2019

Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pluspunten

Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Minpunten

Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

Kara
  • Sector: Online media

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019

Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pluspunten

The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Minpunten

The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

• Sector: Omroepen
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

i Concur

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2019

My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pluspunten

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Minpunten

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform.

There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

Joseph
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great software for small to medium sized businesses

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2020

Overall, i’d say it’s a great software to start with, but for a business like mine that how now grown to over 1500 consultants, we have to explore other options.

Pluspunten

I liked that the softwares expense platform was very easy to use. The approval flow and reminders are great tools and often come in handy.

Minpunten

It’s hard to keep track of what expenses have been paid and haven’t been paid.
Also the reporting aspect is very poor.

Emburse Chrome River Expense

Redenen om over te stappen op SAP Concur

Ease of access and price
Jonathan
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Makes Bookkeeping Easy

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019

My team uses Concur Expense on the regular to keep track of our expenses for the month so we can submit a report at the end of the month. The platform collects our records each month from the attached credit cards and lets us know what expenses we need to find receipts for so they can be submitted as a report for the company. Concur makes this super easy and painless so that we can get back to our jobs after coding our receipts.

Pluspunten

I love that Concur keeps record of payments for the sake of logging our expenses for the month. It's very simple and user friendly as far as creating reports and submitting them. My favorite feature is the fact that you can email your receipts from your email to your concur account so it is easy to attach them to a receipt for simple coding. Overall, the whole bookkeeping process is made super easy because of the way Concur is set up.

Minpunten

There are occasionally some weird auto-fill issues that pop up when coding a receipt, and there are some cases where it becomes challenging to know how to code something when no options for expense type quite match what the expense was for.

• Sector: Hoger onderwijs

Modern Travel Expense Software

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2018

Pluspunten

I like that travelers can attach receipts to individual charges. Travelers and approvers can sort expenses by date, dollar amount, expense type, etc. Organizations can customize Concur to add their own requirements and security warnings. I like that if you choose to print an expense report and click the PDF button, it generates a complete packet with all the receipts and backup documentation.

Minpunten

Our organization has the Request and Expense modules, and the two don't talk to each other very well. Travelers are frustrated that they have to enter the same information and upload the same documents over again when they submit their expense reports. The expense itemization for lodging is tedious.

As an approver, Concur limits my ability to make corrections. I have to send the expense report back to the traveler with detailed instructions of which fields to change, or I need to send them the step-by-step instructions to add me as a delegate so I can make the corrections on their behalf. I wish approvers automatically had delegate authority so we could make the necessary changes, then route the revised expense report to the traveler to review.

• Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to use and a great phone app

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2021

Total peace of mind when it comes to reimbursement of charges on my company travel card and purchasing card.

Pluspunten

I would say my company made a good choice with SAP Concur for expense reporting.
1) Since it is so well integrated with the company policy, I am only given options for airlines, rental cars and hotel that the company approves. All I need to do to book is simply click.
2) All receipts can be easily be tracked. The phone app is so convenient that I just take a picture of the receipt, for say a meal, and it stores it for me to attach to a line item on my expense report later.
3) It is also integrated with the bank that issues the corporate card or the company travel card that expenses on my bank statement are automatically identified and transferred to my Concur account for me to view and append to my expense report.
4) The report filling itself is very simple and easy to understand and doesn't take too much time.

Minpunten

The only thing I can say that could improve is some menu options may not be exhaustive or may have multiple correct options. For example, one discrepancy I had in the past was, it was not clear to me under which category my expense fell under. However, this was such a minor issue that all I had to do was just switch it to the right category after advice from the accounting department. The expenditure in this case was related to conference related registration fee.

Talha
  • Sector: Horeca
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Stable, Efficient, Best for Big or Small Expenses and makes life easier

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019

I had been working in an organization for a long time when we didnt had Concur implemented. All expenses were all over the place, accounting had no idea what was coming in and who was requesting what reimbursements and for what expenses. Ever since we implemented this software, its a breeze for us in accounting as well as other employees to get their reimbursements on time.

Very stable software from SAP

works in the cloud so no local storage. Can be accessed from Any where which means you can upload your expenses with receipts from your home in no time

Can be access from a phone app as wells as on web

Being able to book and organize your flights to hotels to car rentals is the major advantage plus any corporate discounts we are privileged to have. No need to be calling travel agents.

Great reminders for your trips so you are always on top of your schedule

Easy payment request submissions

Every expense is nicely organized

easy and clean user interface which is a plus

Minpunten

Little pricey for a small enterprise but its worth it.

Employees need to be trained.

Alli
  • Sector: Olie en energie

Concur makes Expense Reports Better

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2017

Pluspunten

The ExpenseIt app combined with the Concur app allow employess to take photos of their receipts (the QR scanner is over 80% accurate!), have their expense info auto-populated and easily transferred to an expense report all from your phone! This has been a gamechanger for our employees who work in the field/outside of the office.
The software is also very accurate and within the first three months paid for itself by identifying expenses that were submitted multiple times for the same thing in different months.

Minpunten

Initial setup can be quite tricky and more time-consuming than the initial sales-pitch stated.
We really don't like the billing structure, especially the fact that we get charged anytime an employee hits the submit button, even if we've instructed them not to.
Also, the salespeople constantly pitch "free months" of service to try some of the additional products, but the "free" month always ends up being the implementation month, so you don't even have a chance to try the service during that time.

Ryan
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Concur is a good expense reporting system but it has potential to be much better

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018

The software gives the company the ability to have electronic expense reports and receipts. This is a huge benefit.

Pluspunten

I like the electronic approvals and electronic payments to employees. The software does a great job of keeping an audit history. It also has great reporting functions that give me insight on how my company is spending money.

Minpunten

Concur has improved very little in the 5 years I have been using it. There are many great suggestions on its support page that never get implemented. Concur does not send notification emails to accounting when reports are ready to be processed. Users are forced to check the site multiple times a day to see if there is an expense report ready for payment. A huge drawback.

Millie
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk

Great Expense and Travel Management

Beoordeeld op 25-3-2021

This has been a dream for dealing with expenses, invoicing and especially travel. All the transactions are readily available when needed, especially when the auditors come in at the year end (very stressful time with month end to contend with).
Approval for the above is pretty straight forward too.
Something needs to be done with the speed of the interface, and l think SAP has been addressing this issue

Pluspunten

Take pictures of expenses for submission electronically and approval for payment.
Help to connect the different partners of the expenses ecosystem.
It also adds visibility to all transactions.
Invoice management was improved in 2020, so no more manual intervention, Hooray!!
Easy to track all business travel receipts with the help of the app.
Works with the smartphone and desktop.
Calculating mileage is a useful feature as well as the paired OCR that can autofill expenses from receipts

Interfacing is slow
Tends to be expensive
Difficult in dealing with tips for taxis, as dates for the tips are shown as the next day's date.

Jason
  • Sector: Overheidsadministratie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

You get what you pay for!

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018

As a GovCon system's consultant, this is the expense/travel capturing solution I recommend to clients, that can afford it.

Pluspunten

This is the top-shelf of expense/travel management software. It's easy for users. Administration isn't terribly difficult. Integration is possible depending on the accounting solution. It has a lot of reporting and analysis tools. It can save a lot of time for F&A staff if the software is setup correctly.

Minpunten

It's a bit on the expensive side. Customer service isn't always the most helpful, depending on who you get. The sales team can be a bit pushy and make promises their development team hasn't released yet. Not real cons to say about the actual system itself.

Jeff
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

SAP Concur review

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2020

Concur helped me consolidate all my work expenses and get them paid by the accounting team. But all in all I was happy when we switched to the new software which as I mention above was much more efficient overall. In saying that I wouldn't say DONT use this software; I would simply say do your research for your needs first.

Pluspunten

I used this software for the better part of a decade. My company at the time in essence told us this is how you do your expenses to allow all T&E to be paid. It was a semi simply process at first as the flow of completing each expense line item was fairly straightforward.

Minpunten

The "but" to my above comments is: as your account base grows and the number of expenses grows across the board, I found the whole process to become time consuming and tedious. As an organization we moved to a different service and I was amazed how simply it was in comparison. The entire workflow was so much quicker and turned a lengthy process into a quick one. What Concur offers does work, don't get me wrong, but I think personally it could be much more streamlined a process.

Amy
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

Concur Review

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

Pretty decent. I don't adore the software by any means, but it gets the job done and that's what we're really here for, right? They have great customer service which is always a plus.

Pluspunten

I like this system because it does have so many different capabilities and it's a good place to go for both expense reporting and booking travel. My company uses it daily to track our expenses and book travel for our vendors. There are a lot of great things about it and the system seems pretty thorough, but once I started using the SAP Concur mobile app, I never wanted to use the webpage again. The app made it so easy to track expenses, truly a game changer.

Minpunten

This software sometimes seems outdated. Like they have not given it the updates it needs to look and feel like a next-gen software that I want to keep on using. There are some times that it glitches (when logging the details of my expenses or booking travel and the seating chart won't pop up).