TestGorilla

Software voor tests voorafgaand aan indiensttreding voor HR-professionals

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Geert-Jan
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Used TestGorilla to hire external developers

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020

Overall very good, we found the right developers who we hired for certain projects.
It made it much easier and for sure quicker when you have many candidates who are applying for one job add.

Pluspunten

Easy to use and ability to choose the right tests from a wide verarity. With the ability to invite candidates in just a few clicks.
Once the candidates invited, it was super easy to track in which part of the process each individual was.
Not to forget to mention, the software makes it possible to request a video presentation from the candidates to fulfill where I could ask for a question or topic they can present themselves.

Minpunten

It would be good if we could benchmark the scores with an average done overall to better compare the results.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks, Geert-Jan! Glad to hear you've found TestGorilla so easy to use. Benchmarks are on the way!

Aarzoo
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An easy-to-use platform with great features for assessing candidates.

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2022

Pluspunten

I like the ease with which you can either invite candidates to a assessment and also send them reminders for the assessment. Saves time and effort. I also like how you can change the status of a candidate to "Interviewed", "Candidate withdrew application", "Rejected" etc. Also the Anit-Cheating monitoring is super useful.

Minpunten

I would only say it is a bit expensive. There is nothing else I can think of in terms of improvement to the product. Maybe an option to also save candidate contact numbers and Linkedin URLs so that the dashboard can be used to directly to make calls etc.

iMocha

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Aarzoo! Thanks a lot for your feedback. And thank you for your suggestions. I'll be sure to pass those along to our product team, who are always looking for ways to improve our customer offering :) Thanks for being part of the TG community

Max
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

Fraudulent company

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2022

Pluspunten

Crazy that companies like this can use such practices.

We used Test Gorilla at TDW to quickly assess skilled candidates in order to make hiring decisions. The product in itself isn't great: bad user experience, buggy,etc, however, we where able to use it.

The real issue happened at the time of billing:

We paid about [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for a whole year of using TestGorilla. (They only offered us a yearly plan).

After we made that payment: they started billing us [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on a regular basis.

I immediately reached out, and got a reply about a week later saying:

"I agree that our pricing can be confusing, but we actually charge an extra [SENSITIVE CONTENT] per submission if you go over the 100 limit"!

What on earth?????

So you pay a whole year and then apparently get 100 submissions per tests that you make, and if you get over this limit they just charge 50usd extra per result?????

Just to clarify: they charge the company an extra [SENSITIVE CONTENT] if one more person simply passes the test! What on earth is going on?

This means that you can't post the link to your test in an application, and you have to constantly monitor how many people will pass the test. If one additional person passes it, then that's an extra [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

This was completely absurd for me, as I had previously used TripleByte and TwoLink for pre-hiring assessments and they are totally free to use with unlimited test submissions!!!!!

I then immediately ended the subscription, they refused to give us a refund, and without any reply t

Minpunten

Their billing is fraudulent, lousy user experience, and buggy.

James
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

Essential for remote teams

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2022

We felt TestGorilla helped eliminate candidates we didn't need to persuade and helped identify the right candidates with the help of video responses. We were hoping for more non-cognitive skills assessments -- there were a few test suites that helped a bit, but we found that custom questions helped accomplish our goals better.

Pluspunten

I loved that I could add cognitive and non-cognitive testing, and receive a summary of the test results rather than individual question results. This helps eliminate interviewer bias greatly.

Minpunten

I did not like the inability to modify my testing suite after the first interviewer. While I can see how this is interpreted as a feature, I would appreciate the ability to correct mistakes made in the original job posting or test suite composition.

Indeed

Redenen om over te stappen op TestGorilla

TestGorilla provided more customization options to our unique interview process, and works with teams of interviewers or reviewers more seamlessly.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi James, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your detailed review. glad to hear that you are having a positive experience so far with the platform, and are successfully minimizing bias in your screening process. Research has found that multi-measure tests, such as our assessments, are the best predictor of job success, so being able to combine cognitive ability and other non-cognitive tests should help you find the best candidates! Welcome to the TG community :)

Deb
  • Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Recommended!

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2022

Feedback from our ATS tells us that integration with TG is straightforward and simple and that was really important to us to have the testing and recruitment tracking all in one place. Communication with TG has been really good and regular.

Pluspunten

I really enjoy the simplicity of using Test Gorilla, and the range of features that it offers. There are so many testing options that really support finding the right person for the right role.

Minpunten

Although not currently much of an issue, it may be that for large volume recruitment the tracking page may get very busy to co-ordinate. However that's hypothetical at the moment. There's nothing I don't currently like about TG!

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Deb! Thanks a lot for your review; it's always great to hear from customers :) Glad to hear that you have had a positive experience so far with TestGorilla. Indeed the ATS integrations are very simple and intuitive, just like the rest of the platform. Welcome to the TG community!

Jocelyn
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Streamlined the Screening Process

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2022

It has definitely saved us time and the calibre of interviewees means are conversion form interview to hire has improved drastically.

Pluspunten

Being able to direct our candidates to a branded assessment centre, which then takes a lot of the leg work out of CV screening, giving us the ability to quickly select the best candidates for the role.
Having the options to create different assessments for different roles is great.

Minpunten

Unfortunately it does not link in to out recruitment software.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Jocelyn, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the platform. Great to hear that we helped you with optimising your hiring process, and that you appreciate the flexibility of the platform. Regarding your recruitment software, we are currently integrated with 10 different platforms, and there are more on the roadmpa for Q4. Can you share the name of your specific software? I can take a look and see if it is on the current roadmap :)

Annette

Billing Error And No Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2022

I signed up for Test Gorilla at the beginning of February. The Platform itself with the test features is well enough. I can see how it would be very beneficial for Enterprise level businesses. The issue is this. I had a billing issue with their automated system, and no one responded to my multiple chat requests or form submissions. I even sent an email response to an autoresponder from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who asked for me to share why I canceled my account (I cancelled after I did not receive any communication from the company). My subscription level accommodates two assessments and 100 Candidates. I was charged for a third assessment at the end of the month when I've only used two assessments and have only 4 candidate submissions in my account. It's clearly just a billing error, but I can't reach anyone to rectify it.
Runaway, run far, far away. Not having a customer service department for billing issues is a huge red flag.

Pluspunten

Tests are thorough. Sorting candidates, creating assessments, are all easy to do. It's a fun platform to work within.

Minpunten

There's no customer service, particularly with their billing department. There was a billing error with my account, and I couldn't reach anyone to rectify it. Hence, I canceled my TestGorilla account and had to report the additional (billing error) item charged as a fraud charge, as no one would respond to my attempts to reach the company to rectify this directly with them.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Annette, thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback on your experience of our product and service. We regret that you didn't experience the quality of service from us that you deserve, and that we expect. We fully recognize that at the time you left the review we were experiencing an unusually high number of support requests leading to longer response times, for a short period. And we understand that it must be frustrating not to understand some of the charges seen in your account. We have been in contact with you more recently to explain some of the charges and process a partial refund for those. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in case anything is not yet resolved and we wish you good luck with your future hires. Tom

Lana
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Its a great tool to assess candidates

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2022

Benefits of using test gorilla, would be a much smoother screening process.

Pluspunten

Its a good tool to assess candidates before interviewing. It has saved the company I work for a lot of time during the screening phase of recruitment. You get a lot more information from your candidates.

Minpunten

Based on feedback from candidates, they have complained about not being able to complete an assessment due to the time constraint, I think granting an additional five minutes to candidates for certain assessments (not all), would be beneficial to us the employer as the data of a persons results would be more accurate.

Could also be cheaper for returning customer!

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Lana. Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the platform. We're so happy to hear that you have been able to save time and have a smoother hiring process with the use of our tool :) Thanks for the feedback on timing. We have a function whereby the customer can indeed grant additional time to candidates, in the configuration of the assessment at set-up stage! Thanks for being part of the TG community Lana

Keshena

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Get it Now!

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2022

Been good so far!

Pluspunten

As a recruiter, this software is of great help with tracking applicants and issuing assessments

Minpunten

The user interface- could've been better

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Keshena, Thanks a lot for your feedback :) Glad to read about your positive experience so far, and happy to hear that we are improving your recruiter experience.

Rawad
  • Sector: Bouw

KNE Review

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2022

Good so far

Pluspunten

Variety of Test, the detailed scoring, easy to use

Minpunten

other language availability (in Arabic), seeing detailed answers for each questions

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Rawad! Thanks a lot for your feedback :) Very glad to hear that you are happy with the variety of tests in our library (currently 250+ and counting!). Good news on that front is that an Arabic test is coming very soon! Keep an eye on our website for updates on that and other new feature releases that are upcoming. Thanks for being a TestGorilla customer!

Mark
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Finding a needle in a Hay Stack

Beoordeeld op 7-2-2022

Overall I like the concept of TestGorilla. I was able to create a test and easily choose questions to test potential candidates for the tole I was hiring for. I could also add custom questions and set time limits per question. While the summary of each test completed was neatly presented I would have liked if it had given and more in-depth analysis of the programming code provided and helped me in deciding if the candidate had the necessary skills rather than just a percentage score base on whether or not his/her code produced the expected result. Some candidates we interviewed based on there scores here were asked to do another practical code test and did quite well. When speaking to them in the interview they would say they were either intimidated by the online test or were confused by the mathematical questions and were not sure what to do. However, when asked to write a simple web page with a login etc they did this with no problem. TestGorila is great if you don't want to sit in lots of interviews with nonsuitable candidates and you can use this tool to choose those who might be suitable. TestGorilla alone though should not be used to decide whether or not to hire a candidate but does save a lot of time to you in the entire recruitment process

Pluspunten

Library of questions to choose from which you can pick and choose to include in the test based on what skills you are recruiting for.
The test can be done online at a convenient time for the candidate and there are checks built in to determine if the candidate was cheating.
Various ways to share the test to potential candidates
Nice summary of the candidates results

Minpunten

Needs more questions in the library for a wider variety of positions.
Needs to assess the programming code automatically and provide a rating rather than just showing me the code and making e decide if the candidate is a good fit or not

HackerRank

Pricing

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Mark! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear that you were satisfied with the range of tests in the library (which is over 190 as of now!), and that you found that you were wasting less time interviewing people who weren't suitable. We always say that our product should be used as a tool in the hiring process, and it should fit into a bigger hiring journey. In your case, this is exactly what happened; you used TG to find the best and most suitable candidates and moved them forward to interview, after which you made your final decision. Good luck with your future hiring!

Vanessa
  • Sector: Human Resources

TG review

Beoordeeld op 23-6-2022

It’s good, like it, looking forward to to stepping up a level

Pluspunten

Easy to use & fairly intuitive, modern software

Minpunten

It’s not very pleasing to look at as a candidate- that could be redesigned. Would be great if it were more gamified, have more pictures and not be so word heavy across most of the different assessments. The test where candidates pick their top 10 personal attributes/ behaviours/ competencies/ strengths & it’s meandered against what the client has pre selected that they’re looking for could be more sophisticated… we’ve had client feedback that they want us to measure competencies like this test, but that this is too basic/ more prone to people guessing what they think the client will want from them & putting that in rather than the truth… that’s possible in any test, yes, but other tests are better at having measures against that.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Vanessa! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us this detailed feedback. Great suggestion re the gamification of the candidate experience, and I have passed this one to the Product team. Re the Culture add/Motivation test - this is also interesting feedback and I will pass it to the Test Development team. Thank you for continuing to work with TestGorilla, and we look forward to working with you to screen the best candidates for your job roles :)

elyssa
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Simple, Useful Software For Candidate Testing

Beoordeeld op 2-12-2021

Pluspunten

Its extremely easy to create your own assessments. Good if you have timed questions you need to ask at the beginning of a candidate review before meeting with them
note: we did not leverage their pre-made assessments as we were not sold on the questions

Minpunten

Wish there were notifications for when users complete the assessments. It would be nice if integrations didn't 12x the price....

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Elyssa, thanks for taking the time to leave us a detailed review - it's always helpful to hear what our customers think of our platform. Glad to hear that you found the interface easy to use, and just to let you know - email notifications will be rolled out before the end of this month. We have a really useful section in our help centre where you can see what is being rolled out - https://help.testgorilla.com/tests-in-development
Welcome to the TestGorilla community!

Sky
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

A good testing platform with hidden pricing strategy that increases your cost 3X

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2021

Good with testing
Bad with pricing

Pluspunten

Good set of questions. Though not used would like to develop set of questions for new subject areas.

Minpunten

1. My biggest problem is to pay $150 every two months due to invalidating a assessment. As informed by your support:
"The time limit on assessments is to protect the reliability and integrity of the tests, as having them available for extended periods of time increases the risk of candidates finding ways to practice the tests, or sharing the answers with each other, or posting the questions on the internet. These situations would not only force us to take those questions off our platform but also decrease the validity and reliability of the results of your candidates."

This logic does not make sense since one can and will clone an assessment every two months to create a new one to continue the tests and pay $150 per clone. By cloning the assessment uses exactly the same questions. How does that take care of the reasoning above?

2. Even worse is every time you want correct a typo you have to pay $150 since the only way you can do by cloning a test rather than editing one.

3. The problem is the buyer has no idea about these additional cost when they are buying the service. The service fee is shown as $300 but actually it is $300 + 5 x $150 = $1050 which is more than 3 times the advertised price.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Sky! Thanks for your feedback. Just to let you know, when you clone an assessment the question sets in each test refresh and a totally new set of questions, from the dedicated question bank for that test, appears in the test! That way we can help you to minimize the chance of a candidate finding the questions online and cheating their way to a job at your company :) We know that the cost of a mis-hire like this can be $20,000++, so in reality we believe that a charge of $150 per additional assessment to minimize the chances of this occurring, is worth it...please reach out to us at [email protected] to clarify any other queries you might have

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

Challenging Assessments to Filter

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2022

Pluspunten

TestGorilla is actually really good when it comes to challenge applicants to perform really well, as the overall difficulty of the assessments makes the test unforgivable as you have to be like really concentrated. This helps us a lot because it makes the filtering process easier to advance in other steps of the recruitment process.

Minpunten

The only thing that I think makes the assessment a little bit complicated for the applicants is the full-screen + camera monitoring, for us it's actually really good because it ensures that the test is done by one person, but for the applicant's side, makes them uncomfortable and may affect a little the whole recruitment overall experience.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi there, and thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you have been able to screen your candidates effectively using TestGorilla. Regarding the webcam - your candidates are always asked for permission to access the webcam before the assessment, and they have the option to refuse if they feel uncomfortable.

Daniel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Easy to configure, but quality of the coding tests is not great

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2021

We use TG to assess developers after we've had a first interview with them.

Pluspunten

It's easy to create your own test suite, and selecting predefined tests helps with getting started quickly. I also like the as-they-type code view - it helps to get an idea of how the developer constructs a solution - and I appreciate the automated screenshots (to my surprise all the candidates accepted video captures).
I also like the logical thinking tests, although there's not really a way to see the users responses (this goes for all the questions).

Minpunten

I found some of the tests to be lacking in quality, sometimes resulting in frustration from the developer, or unhelpful results. For example:
* the advanced SQL test is not a realistic scenario, and only has 2 outcomes: success or failure. It makes it hard to get an idea of the developers grasp of the subject, because it's just 1 giant assignment. If you get 90% right, you score 0 points.
* the Laravel test does not really test the developers ability to use the framework in real life situations, but rather tests for static knowledge.
* I found the PHP tests to be too simple and sometimes just poorly constructed (for example the prefilled function and parameter names are not great)

I also created a custom PHP test, but the outcome verification has a bug, which will sometimes accept wrong answers (error status === true).

I would have liked to see the users responses to multiple choice questions. Because of the randomness in the questionnaires, you don't know which questions they got. It would be helpful to see if maybe a user got dealt a couple of poor questions (and there are a few). It's a shame that (as a paying customer) this information is not revealed.

Amanda

Horrible customer service.

Beoordeeld op 17-3-2022

For a few days we were unable to access any of our test results; apparently there were software problems. TestGorilla did not send an email to their customers to inform them of such a huge issue that for us majorly affected our recruitment efforts and in return provided an unpleasant experience to our candidates. We only found out about the software issues they were dealing with weeks later when their customer service finally decided to respond back to us. I reached out to their customer service three times, on their website it says, "We'll reply via email within one business day.", it took weeks to hear back. We could have looked past a few of the concerns we had with the software, but we can't work with a company who has such poor customer service response times, it is unacceptable to take weeks to get back to a customer, especially when this is affecting their business.

Pluspunten

The ease and interface of the software.

Minpunten

Aside from the horrible customer service we received, there were random times we were unable to access the test results. A few times I went to check our results and the screen was completely blank and showing we had no candidates that were tested when the day before was visible. You also cannot see the questions that are asked or the responses; therefore, you don't exactly know what the gaps are for your candidates. If we decide to hire them, it would be nice to see how we can better support them in their professional development and know which training to provide to ensure they are successful. I understand their reasoning behind it, and I should have dived in deeper to the demos, if I had looked into the software further, we never would have moved forward with them.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Amanda, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you feel that TestGorilla is not right for your company. It is true that we experienced an issue with bugs back in February which had a knock-on effect on our CS response times. This is not the service that we aim to provide for our customers, and we take full responsibility for that. Our entire team worked hard to ensure the issue was solved, and we have also expanded our capacity in CS since this time, to mitigate against delayed response times. Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

Lennart
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

Hire with confidence

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2020

Taking job interviews while having the confidence of the candidates skillset

Pluspunten

Instead of digging through 50+ resumes, you sort on candidates' test scores. Using testgorilla's assesment as an entry point for your selection procedure gives an amazing filter to only let smart, capable, candidates into your further procedure.

I've both selected and not selected candidates that we otherwise would have missed, or would have been an unproductive use of our and their time.

In the interviews we had with the top 5 test-takers we could focus solely on personality and culture fit, having the confidence already that a candidate can perform on a certain level.

Moving forward, we will never post a job offer again without using a pre-selection assessment to filter candicates.

Minpunten

When used in comination with a job board, we've found candidates that did the test but did not apply, did apply but forgot the test, or did both as meant to happen.

This lead to checking and comparing of both lists of people. This can be prevented by using Testgorilla as the main recruitment tool

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review, Lennart! We love to hear stories about how our customers are using TestGorilla to avoid mishires and find the perfect fits for their roles. We're especially happy to hear that you've had so much success using assessments at the top of the hiring funnel!

Tisha
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

New User

Beoordeeld op 9-7-2021

Always some room for improvement for every software, however I tested multiple competitors and found TestGorilla to provide the best experience for the assessment taker which was our highest priority.

Pluspunten

We choose TestGorilla for it's expansive test library and user experience.

Minpunten

It's fairly new so still developing, looking forward to feature updates in the future.

Criteria, HR Avatar, eSkill en WonScore

Overgestapt van

Prevue Assessments
Muhammad
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Liked the product, but it comes at a high price

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2022

good experience in assessing qualified candidates

Pluspunten

Good tests, ease of use, great customer service

Minpunten

The price is not clearly stated, it is confusing on why you are charging for assessments, i think you need a clearer pricing module.

you also need to add more business related tests, i was looking for anything in logistics but there is nothing.
The test scoring doesn't allow me to see the actual answers provided and what are the correct answers.

I use manatal for recruitment and it would be great if both solutions can be integrated

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Muhammad! Thanks a lot for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate it :) Thanks for your suggestion on the pricing module, that's something I will pass on to the relevant team. Regarding the answers to the test questions; that is something we keep private in order to protect the integrity of our tests. Each test we release goes through a rigorous approval process over a period of months, before they are published. As a result, we believe that it's very important that we protect our tests and their content from being leaked online. We do provide a depth of insight into results and how to analyse the candidates performance, including benchmarking against all other candidates who have taken assessments via our platform.

Faheem
  • Sector: Automotive
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great Product - Makes assessing candidates a breeze

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2022

TestGorilla is a brilliant tool that results in huge cost savings in that it offers full scale psychometric assessment functionality without the huge expense of OD or Organisational psychologists to interpret results.

Pluspunten

Very easy to use and understand

Excellent assessment results presentation and information relevant to the recruiting process

Minpunten

I have yet to identify anything that I like less, this product has added significant value to my role as HR Manager

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Faheem! Glad to hear that Testgorilla is helping you in your role as a HR Manager. Also happy to hear that we are helping you to keep costs down while still maintaining a successful hiring process :)

Hailey
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Very Useful Product!

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2022

- Overall, it has been very beneficial to our hiring process

Pluspunten

- Easy to use from an administrative point
- Easy to read results
- Lots of variety in the assessments already made & the option to customize
- Organized nicely: can view all results in the timing they come in or by best score

Minpunten

- Sometimes candidates aren't granted access so we have to go in on our side to figure out why/ get it resent
- candidates cannot set up their account and then return to it to take the test. From our experience, if a candidate signs up and doesn't immediately take the assessment, they will not be let in when they return to do so. Unclear if it is a system or user error in this example.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Hailey! Great to hear that you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far :) Your candidates don't in fact need to create an account to take an assessment, so I would say there is some user error there. If it happens again, you can redirect your candidate to [email protected] Welcome to the TG community!

Andy
  • Sector: Computersoftware

Waste of time and money

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2021

It did not go well at all.

Pluspunten

The user interface is nice and professional. It's easy to administer

Minpunten

They claim to offer a "free trial where you can test anything". This is misleading - they make it appear you must upgrade your plan (minimum of $300) in order to try the tests. It is not clear you can test premium features without upgrading.

I upgraded so I could try a couple of the tests (Laravel, PHP). I sent the tests to myself and realized they are terrible tests and don't provide any useful screening. So, I tried to use the "custom test" feature but it appeared I needed to upgrade again ($3600) in order to try it. After complaining and requesting a refund, they asked I do a 15-minute call with their CSM to discuss. I agreed with the stipulation that I expected a refund in exchange for my time on the call. After the CSM spent 25 minutes explaining how it was my fault, I got nothing for a refund and wasted a lot of time providing free feedback to them.

In the end, it was a terrible experience, we spent $300 and got 0 value from their platform, they refused to issue a refund, and I wasted a bunch of time providing them feedback and writing this review.

Lastly, they told me they cannot turn off the auto-billing on my account, only I can do that. However, they deactivated my account so I can't login. I guess we'll see if they auto-bill me for next year's subscription.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Andy, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback..even though it's unfortunate that you didn't feel that TG was the right fit for your needs. We pride ourselves in being a customer focussed company, and we're sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. However, we do feel that it's clear from our website and from the in-platform info that it's possible to test all the premium features and tests for free on internal users, including the Laravel and PHP test and the custom test feature. Please know that you are welcome back to TestGorilla at any time, and we wish you the best of luck with your hiring process!

Daniel
  • Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Great concept, slick, easy to use, but has bugs, too few assessments

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2021

-My account manager reached out to me only for the purpose to ask for a review without dealing with or expediting my technical issues.
-I was able to get up and running in a short time, but then I lost time as I had to deal with several bugs (tests nullified, waiting for tech support, having to 'ask' for credits, having to mark my own custom questions that had specific answers pre-selected)

Pluspunten

-The system was easy and fast to implement.
-I was very impressed with its ability to accurately assess my MBTI type with few questions. (I'm certified in MBTI)
-The price was easy to accept as a small business.
-The assessments were difficult to allow for differentiation between candidates.

Minpunten

-I added some custom questions that were not HTML friendly and this nullified the whole assessment including non-related ones, that a candidate took and I had to approach the candidate to take the assessment again which didn't show well on me. Tech support had to fix my specific test, but I wonder if they will re-code the platform to accept multiple 'spaces' in a question. I think the platform is too new to be reliable.
-The tech support did not provide me with another credit after having an assessment was nullified.
-The tests were too difficult for more junior positions.
-There were few options to customize the delivery of the assessment. (e.g, add more custom questions than 10, have the platform notify the administrator that an assessment was complete)
-With custom questions, even though you select the correct answer, the system did not 'mark' or give me a percentage correct.
-The platform doesn't inform you when an assessment is complete (at the time of writing this review, I don't know if they would correct it after this review.)
-Only a few dozen tests are available and the majority are for coding and hi-tech.

eSkill

Redenen om voor TestGorilla te kiezen

The branch of the testing that I used before was sunset/disbanded by IBM. (Prove It! Staff Testing by IBM)

Price Ease of use

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Glad to hear TestGorilla is easy to use! We're always adding testswe're currently at over 115 as of 2/3/21and it's good to hear they helped with candidate selection.

It sounds like your issue was resolved, but let me know if you need more help!

Milla

Recruiting process made easy

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2020

Our company saved a good amount of time and money when we externalized the recruiting to TestGorilla. We were positively surprised by the popularity of our job opening, and it would have been impossible to go through the applications manually as we are a small team. Now all the applicants received a fair chance and we've got an awesome new team member.

Pluspunten

I appreciate the fact that we were able to modify the Test Gorilla to suit the needs of our company – personalized package that fit with our niche. With over 1,000 candidates it saved me hours and hours of individually going through and evaluating each applicant, and when our process was based on the test results, it really made the process bias-free.

Minpunten

I have requested for the option to communicate to the applicants via system; to send a group mail for people who were not chosen to continue. I'm sure my feedback has been heard and I will see this feature in the future.

Antwoord van TestGorilla Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks, Milla! Glad to hear that TestGorilla's flexibility has helped you save so much time!

We currently have a feature to send rejection emails to candidates. (Here's the associated help article: https://help.testgorilla.com/how-do-i-reject-candidates-through-testgorilla). You can also send the assessment results to candidates through the platform. You can do that with the press of a button and decide to which candidates they want to send it. (You can customize the email too.)

We also have a feature to select candidates and perform bulk actions like that on our roadmap.

Thanks again for the kind words!