Animoto

4,2 (182)
Schrijf een review!
Software voor het maken van video's voor non-profitorganisaties en bedrijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

David
David
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

slideshows that match the beat of your music

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2018

Pluspunten

I love Animoto, used it since the beginning, it has made me so much marketing material to show off my photography work.

Minpunten

I would love the option to do instagram stories format video.

• Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Anyone can make compelling videos with Animoto

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2018

Positive experience making professional videos with this quick, user-friendly software.

Pluspunten

Extremely user friendly software with reasonable pricing. Animoto is highly accessible and would be a great video development tool for people with limited video/design experience, or people with limited time. My team uses Animoto to create product/campaign launch videos for clients, as well as promotional videos for our own services. If you have a handful of images or video clips ready to go, you can create a short compelling video in as little as twenty minutes!

Minpunten

Customization of video templates is pretty limited (in terms of style, speed, layout, amount of content per slide, fonts, etc.). Templates are still great considering the ease of use and low cost. Sometimes it's challenging to fit a full thought onto a slide due to the limited number of characters Animoto allows in a line of text... but that's probably a good thing to keep videos from becoming text-heavy.

sam
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Terrible experience

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2023

I tried to use Animoto to create a memorial service video. The experience was terrible, hard to navigate, and I couldn't produce anything useable, so quickly I asked for a refund and was denied, only told what I paid $180 could be applied to a future year.

Nothing

Minpunten

Scam: They take your money and no refund or cancellation, only apply what you've paid to a future year - will never use again!

Antwoord van Animoto

So sorry to hear of your experience. Our Customer Team would be happy to help you out! You can reach us by email 24/7 at [email protected]
Animoto offers Monthly plans as well as Annual payment options. By purchasing a 12 month commitment in selecting the Annual plan rather than a Monthly option, you completed your purchase and confirmed the total amount due through the check out flow, which also displays the plan duration. Cancelling your Annual plan now means you will not be charged a year later on the renewal date provided prior to checkout, rather than automatically refunding unused time. So you would have still had the services for the remainder of the year. If you haven't already, please reach out to our Customer Team to see how we can help further. Just mention that you recently posted a Capterra review so your ticket can get routed in the right direction.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Provides very polished videos with little effort.

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2018

I use this software to promote the schools and school programs in our school district.

Pluspunten

The quality of the videos are incredible. Everything is drag and drop, so adding videos and photos to a project is easy. There are music tracks to choose from, and you can also upload your own. Captions and titles can be easily added. There are quite a few templates to choose from, and I am usually able to find one that matches the theme and mood of the video I'd like to create.

Minpunten

I pay for the personal plan so I can download my videos in 720p. It is disappointing sometimes to see the templates that are not available to me because I am using a lower price paid plan. The animoto logo is still attached to the end of every video, even though I am a paid user. Usually that is reserved for the free plans, so it's very clear that animoto sees their personal plan is the no frills plan.

Meghan
Meghan
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Easy Professional Looking Videos

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2018

Pluspunten

It is hard to mess up. Drag and drop and you can have a nice-looking video published in well under an hour. The copyright-free music is already there, nice options for styles. The addition of Getty images and video is very nice.

Minpunten

It is not super customizable. The text has to go in one of the predetermined places. That's great for continuity throughout the video, but sometimes you might want the text to move just a smidge so it doesn't cover something. It would also be nice to bulk edit the different frames. And processing the video before you can preview it sometimes feels tedious - but that's not enough of a reason to not use the software.

Rune
Rune

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Animoto review, liked it enough to write this review =)

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2019

Used it 8 years ago or so, for some time. Liked it a lot back then. But as a marketer I want more options.

Pluspunten

I like that it is very easy to use and it has a lot of nice templates in place so one can start by using it even if you have no experience with video.

Minpunten

I think, for advanced users that want more conversion options, like marketers, that this software loses some points. It is great for hobbyists. And some pro videos, but loses some over their competition

Umang
Umang

Animate in style

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2018

Pluspunten

The most liked part of this application is that you can easily create animation for your social media post creation within a few touches​.

Minpunten

I mostly use this Animoto application a lot, so for me, I do feel the style limitation is reaching ​a low level for me to choose from.

Robert
Robert
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A good video solution for businesses

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2018

Overall my experience with the softeware has been great and we'll continue to use it.

Pluspunten

The amount of flexibility and cusomtisation Animoto offers make it a very good service to adapt to your video needs.

Minpunten

I feel the pricing is slightly wrong for the service. The first package only allows 720p exports and I do feel that 1080p is just a standard that should be included across the board these days. With that being said each tier does offer more and more content options.

Micah
Micah
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

Animoto- Like nothing I've seen before

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2019

Pluspunten

I like to think of Animoto as a “fun” presentation platform. Their software makes if super easy to create great looking videos. Because it is cloud based, I found it super easy to start on my laptop and pick up on my iPad.

Minpunten

While Animoto provides plenty of unique themes, all the finished product ends up looking kind of the same. Everything look great, but unlike a slideshow there is no granular control over transitions and small details.

• Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Anders 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Everything You Need!

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018

I would use this again to make a quick little video. For projects needing more customization, I would probably explore other options but would be prepared to spend a lot more time and give up the convenience factor that this app delivers.

Pluspunten

This app is great for making quick video collages for posts. I love how easy it is to put different pictures together and pair with music.

Minpunten

Once the video was made, I had a hard time editing and moving things around. I had to start over from scratch.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

We create custom videos that are more than a simple slideshow, and our clients love them

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2018

Using this to deliver slideshow videos to clients for a photo studio.

Using this to deliver slideshow videos to clients for a photo studio.

Pluspunten

The templates are my favorite part of this software, by far. These include short clips of video, which make a slideshow that would otherwise be just a collection of photos set to music, a much more interactive piece of content that our clients love sharing on social media and with their friends. I love how easy it is to add photos, pace them, decide whether they'll be automatically ordered and paced or if I want specific timeframes, etc. I also think the music that comes with this is very nice and it almost always fits our galleries' themes.

Minpunten

Though the templates are the whole point (and, again, one of my favorite aspects of this solution) I would also like to be able to produce the regular kind of slideshow, which I now have to go to other software such as iMovie to make. I have found that adding a solid block of text is not as easy as it maybe could be, and I also have to do it separately. Other than that, no complaints!

Carrie
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Could Be Better

Beoordeeld op 3-6-2021

I have used other slideshow building softwares and they are not as easy to use or have the quantity of music options, but overall it's expensive. I don't feel the value is worth it but also, the ability to quickly throw something together is nce.

Pluspunten

The quick ability to add images, text, and deliver a final production. The full, high resolution production as well as other size availabilities.

Minpunten

It's incredibly expensive for a monthly plan and then the options in the templates do not allow for customization. Some of the templates are corny or old fashion and the ones that are not overly plain. Some do not allow for image adjustments from portrait to landscape. Overall, it could be revised with template options for the cost.

Andre
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Unresponsive customer support, not honest or ethical

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2021

Terrible - I don't recommend it and will not use it again

Terrible - I don't recommend it and will not use it again

Pluspunten

Quick to make presentations and easy to upload pictures

Minpunten

Be aware of the price and terms and conditions
Hard to use
Unresponsive customer support

Sorin
Sorin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Quickly create cool marketing videos

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019

I've used Animoto for marketing videos over the years. The render time is fast, the templates are ok and the interface is probably the best I've ever used.

Pluspunten

I enjoyed the clean and easy to understand interface. Without it, I would've abanded it a long time ago. The timeline feels snappy. The elements don't get in your way. And each template video is split into sections, which makes it easy to only edit what you need.

Minpunten

The templates are probably the weakest part of the tool. While it shows that they put in the effort, the overall result is beneath Canva templates, for example. Some work well, others are way too generic to be used as is. And it would take a long time to change most of it to make it usable.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Secret weapon

Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021

Overall, I found that once I had a bank of 'ideas' I was able to quickly put together fun videos that servce a variety of purposes. Highly recommend!

Pluspunten

I have found so many uses for Animoto. It's great for employee recognition, student graduation, entertaining videos to use in employee trainings and also for use in classroom instruction.

Minpunten

I can't really think of any negatives. There is always a learning curve with a new software/program, but Animoto is intuitive and has great support and self-serve trainings.

Travis
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen

Unethical Company

Beoordeeld op 24-12-2019

Pluspunten

There's nothing in the software that you can't do with Facebook or Avid, Final Cut, Premiere or a free iphone App.

Minpunten

I recommend not doing business with this company. We had a subscription for a year. On the following year they auto-billed $588 and never sent any warning about this or even a receipt.

My credit card showed the payment was charged and I contacted the company the "same day" to cancel the annual subscription and refund us.

There customer service policy is No EXCEPTIONS No REFUNDS. What kind of crappy business is this? I would expect this kind of service at a car dealer. That's why people hate car dealers.

Rheetha

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Great product, horrible customer service

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2018

Animoto has since resolved the issues and brought everything back. In fact, they are looking to find out why it was all cancelled and wrote to tell me when they will receive a response. I still feel as though they need a phone, but at least they did get back to me, and I can continue on with the software which I use often.

As said before, I love the product. But when something goes wrong there is little to non-existent support, so I am still waiting to get a response back after several weeks of submitting requests. Unfortunately this has tainted my view of the company. I was even going to get a subscription for my school.

Pluspunten

The software is great. I use it a lot for school book trailers and family memories. I had this product for 10 years and never had any problems until they lost my account.

Minpunten

I thought it was intuitive and constantly evolving for better choices, so I don’t have much to say to improve.

Leah

Great Video Editing Software

Beoordeeld op 22-9-2020

My overall experience with Animoto has been very positive.

My overall experience with Animoto has been very positive.

Pluspunten

Animoto has been a life-saver for us. We love to create simple videos for our clients to review our product, and Animoto does just what we need, and in the time we need it done. This software will create the video for you, just load in what you need and Animoto does the rest.

Minpunten

You will not be able to control the editing of the videos, as Animoto does that for you. If you enjoy being more creative, Animoto does have a limited range of music selection and editing styles.

• Sector: Automotive
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Time Saver!!!

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018

Pluspunten

Our company would make a lot of videos with minor changes in AfterEffects. We decided to check out a software that saves more time. This completely changed the way we do our digital marketing. Extremely easy to use, greate templates, and awesome videos! If you are wanting to have a lot of control on how your videos look, this might not be for you. If you are trying to get a nice video done that looks like it took you an hour, this is for you!

Minpunten

Sometimes photos will look blurry and some slides will look glitchy, even after looking over the quality of the photos. I wish there was more options to customize the smaller details, but for the money and the time saved its totally worth it!

Aimee

Love all the options

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018

Overall, good software. I’m able to quickly produce good videos/slideshows.

Overall, good software. I’m able to quickly produce good videos/slideshows.

Pluspunten

I love all the options...the music library is huge and there are plenty of designs available. The direct link from Lightroom is a game changer!

Minpunten

While there are a lot of design/template options, I would like more. I make about 50 videos a year and haven’t seen many new designs over the past 2 years.

Michelle

Video Help for Novices

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2022

We embed Animoto videos on our website, emails and social media channels. While the software is not iMovie, it meets most of our needs, especially when our designer isn't available.

Pluspunten

As a video novice I found Animoto to meet all my creative needs. The drag and drop editing, uploading and built-in templates and music library make creating video simple, fast and efficient. The built-in template add the professional look without a high end price.

Minpunten

Animoto transitions do not allow for different photos, videos to appear at different intervals. It's an all or nothing process. I would like if the software did allow for more freedom with the time that each photo/video appears.

• Sector: Horeca

Great video editing software

Beoordeeld op 25-2-2020

Animoto makes video editing easy and accessible for those without a formal background.

Pluspunten

If you’ve ever used Canva for graphic design, consider Animoto the Canva for video editing. I love how easy Animoto makes it to create, edit and cut videos. We need to create video often for social media and Animoto helps us do so quickly without going through the process, time or cost of working with a video editor.

Minpunten

I do wish Animoto had a free version that allowed users to make videos without a watermark, similar to how Canva works. We would be willing to pay for add-ons like b-roll if there were a free version without watermarks. However the paid plans are very affordable so we just decided to upgrade.

Theresa

Photographer Review

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2018

Pluspunten

I like the different music and template options this software offers. I like how creating a video for my clients adds that extra something to their photography packages. The videos are also great for marketing and attracting new clients!

Minpunten

The least i like about this software is the that you have to have a membership in order to use it, would be nice to have the option to make one video and pay for that one video in case you dont need to make more than one every now and again.

Nicole
  • Sector: Medische praktijk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Make videos that look professional easily

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2018

Pluspunten

The ease of use, the already created themes.

Minpunten

The set up is great very cookie cutter and easy peasy, I do not like how it constricts my creativity in not being able to go outside of the box. You place the photos in the boxes and pick your music and Animoto does the rest. Not saying that's a bad thing for everyone, but it would be nice if you could choose different transitions and choose how long each picture is displayed besides the music length and the ability to star photos.

Nancy
  • Sector: Vastgoed

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Stay far away if you cancel and want your money back.

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2020

Customer service is terrible. Like a few other people they will not refund your money. I canceled it the day it was due only because I forgot about it and can't afford the $264 they are taking out. I quit using this over 9 months ago. During this pandemic you would think they would have a little compassion not this company. Now they have taken food out of my family's mouth. Great job .

Pluspunten

The ease of using it was ok. But got bored with it and changed to something else less expensive.

Minpunten

Didn't like the way the videos turned out.