LiquidText

• Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Effective mind-mapping and thematic analysis tool for research

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2022

Have only been using LT for <3 months but this has been a game-changer for my post-graduate studies. I find that information overload contributes hugely to PG stress. LT synthesises vast amounts of fragmented information into a coherent whole, making research just a tad more enjoyable if not less painful.

Pluspunten

(1) ability to tag highlights in order to code themes into disparate pieces of information
(2) search functionality within a project
(3) mind-mapping capability with link to source information in one place
(4) integration with cloud directories and reference manager (Zotero)
(5) pen compatibility and usability
(6) ease of use
(7) great productivity and information management software that allows greater knowledge retention and comprehension

Minpunten

(1) Zotero integration needs improvement. The highlights made in LT does not translate well back into Zotero so an annotation summary cannot be generated from these highlights.
(2) inability to lock items into place within the workspace
(3) the workspace keeps resizing into the smallest scale even when there's not many objects in the workspace
(4) when resizing the workspace, it's easy to drag objects out of place because they cannot be locked into place

Harriet
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

LiquidText is Pretty Dang Good!

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2022

'Business problems'?? I'm not in business. And I don't think LiquidText is for business. Like Zotero, it's a tool for academics who want to read pdfs, take notes, and organize annotated pdfs. And also comment on student papers. For academics, whose main business is doing this, it's the best tool available. IMHO instead of trying to capture the admittedly lucrative business market with this stuff about 'integration' and 'teams' you should just focus on the academic market. There are other pdf readers and handwriting apps around but nothing nearly so good as LiquidText for our purposes. I would focus and market aggressively to academics because that is LiquidText's strong suit.

Pluspunten

I can underline and highlight pdfs and take notes on the side! File management is also pretty good--I can organize all those pdfs. I'm an academic--that's all I really want: to be able to read journal articles, highlight, and annotate, as I used to with xeroxes. And to have them all on my iPad so that I don't have to deal with huge stacks of paper. I don't 'integrate with business processes' because I don't have business processes, whatever they may be. I just need to pick up pdfs, read, highlight, and take notes and for this LiquidText is uniquely good--a treasure for academics! Never xerox again!

Minpunten

I wish that for taking notes that in addition to the desktop or whatever where I take notes that scrolls there were a *stationary* desktop where I could put stuff to refer to wherever I was in the scrolling desktop that would stay put. E.g. I'm doing Greek, have a pdf of the textbook and do exercises on the scrolling desktop. I'd like to have a place that didn't scroll where I could link vocabulary and grammar appendices from the textbook so that I didn't have to keep scrolling back or moving the links to refer to these things. Also, when I've created pdfs from liquidtext files the notes I've taken come up separately from the body of text to which I link them. If there were some way s.t. the pdfs could display the text linked to comments on the side that would be terrific! I'm also not interested in integration with other applications. I have my organizational scheme set up, it works fine, and I don't think that any integration via LiquidText would be cost-effective for me. Also, sometimes handwritten annotations don't show up well on pdfs. I use liquid text to comment on student papers and sometimes the comments aren't legible. This really needs to be fixed. Also I wish you'd go back to having notes with colored backgrounds rather than just colored bars on the side.

Gunilla
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Perfect for contractual work, document management and research

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2022

Cannot use in the EU with all documents, due to lack of description of data privacy

Pluspunten

The canvas along the documents with the ability to jump back and forth

Minpunten

Still not stable enough for working together on one project. Partially due to synchronisation issues, and the approach of synchronising the whole project, when only some parts have been change.

Ian

Game Changing

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2022

I use Liquidtext for every case. The first thing I do when briefed is set up a project for the matter and import the documents. I only read the brief in Liquidtext so I can supplement it with authorities and other documents. I can note up the brief as I go and copy links to my wordprocessor document to develop into submissions, chronologies, cross examination and the like. I often create a project for reading and analysing the brief and another one to take to court. The court project has the links to a road map or speaking notes set out in a manner and in an order that allows me to take the court through the material.

Pluspunten

The ability to link from a precise point in a document to a word or pages document allows me to navigate through a large volume of complex documents quickly. I am able to use the word or pages document to develop a range of additional documents including submissions, cross examination and advices while retaining the links in the original document.

Minpunten

There are two things that would vastly improve the app: 1. separate the workspace into tabbed sections so notes are easier to find. The workspace quickly becomes too cluttered to be of much use when dealing with multiple complex issues. Having a separate space for different topics such as one for each witness or issue would be great. 2. Being able to collaborate across multiple users. When working with other barristers, we end up with separate projects with our own links that cannot be shared.

Ulises
  • Sector: Managementconsulting

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

After using LiquidText for various years...

Pluspunten

Great app to process documents, extract ideas and construct content maps. LiquidText is superb when it comes to combining original content with notes and organizing information in user-generated maps. I haven't seen anything similar. Kudos to the design team.

Minpunten

Unfortunately, LiquidText jumped on the monthly subscription bandwagon and extended features are only available if you "subscribe". As I write, HBO Max, Disney, Netflix and other subscription based content providers are seeing users dropping their subscriptions in record rates. Users simply can't keep up with incremental players with pay-per-view business models. They will eventually pick and chose the vital few. I see this coming to software as well. The tide of SaaS apps will become unmanageable and we will migrate to the vital few. From the company's perspective recurring income is seductive, until you realize that it has it's limits.

If LiquidText has any intent of growing into a serious long-term player in the software field, I would highly recommend they reassess their business model. I would gladly pay more for additional features if I'm offered an option that doesn't tie me to a subscription for life. The App AGENDA has an interesting business model where you make a purchase and any upgrades developed during the next year are available for download. And if you don't decide to buy the upgrade subscription for the following year, you have a fully functional app without the shackles of a pay-per-month model.

Trinitee
  • Sector: E-learning

College Student Here

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2022

Pluspunten

I am a college student so all of my assignments are due electronically. It only makes sense for my notes to also be electronic and Liquid Text is the main app I use for notetaking. I have an iPad and Apple Pencil, so I download everything to put in a specific class (syllabus, PowerPoint, worksheets) and I am able to write on the documents! It's very simple and easy to use. My favorite feature is that I am able to pinch the document to see text on different pages at the same time (and can connect them together if I want to keep track of their correlation).

Minpunten

There is not much to do to improve. It could be easier to make folders and add multiple documents together.

Burak
  • Sector: Civiele techniek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best app for the literature review.

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

I am really enjoying with LiquidText.

Pluspunten

To organize academic journal papers, reading and taking notes afterwards was a headache for me. Although there are a few famous tools for these purposes, their note taking capabilities were not sufficient for me. LiquidText literally solved every problem I had regarding this. Creating notes while reading a paper and linking them with the relevant paragraph/figures is the killer future of this app.

Minpunten

Syncing is sometimes slow. I cannot say it is bad but I definitely feel some lag and I am sure this is not related to connection. Also, I didn't like the monthly based subscription model. It's not directly related to the LiquidText. Although, I understand they are trying to create a reliable income, as a user, I hate the idea of paying monthly fees for every app on my devices.

Damaris
  • Sector: Biotechnologie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy and perfect!

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2022

I love that I can use different colors with the pen, I can write using the keyboard, make additions to my documents using my iPad, and see my edits on the computer.

Pluspunten

I find it great to edit a document on my iPad and see my edits on the computer, so I can continue working on the computer and then return to the iPad again; it's perfect! I love that I can use different colors with the pen and write using the keyboard!

Minpunten

I think it's perfect as is; however, I would like to open two pdfs at the same time and be able to edit and write on them at the same time.

Sergio
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Perfect Companion in your Researches

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2022

Perfect! I read a lot of manuals or technical guides and this helping me a lot. I use it as my first tool to study/research/guide to my day by day work.

Pluspunten

Easy integration of documents, easy note taking, highlighting and easy to consolidate information from different sources to have a better understanding or vision as a whole on a specific Topic.

Minpunten

Sometimes is hard to find notes within various PDFs. Or sometimes it gets stuck when using "heavy" PDFs.

Joseph

Document Review and Management Magic

Beoordeeld op 19-8-2022

Really, it's a dream come true. I didn't know I needed it until I found it. Now I can't work without it.

Pluspunten

I love that I can organize, reference, and review hundreds of documents at once. I can organize ideas and memoranda, matching the law to the facts, and with links that immediately take me to the source document. It's magic! I love the ability to access my work across multiple devices!

Minpunten

I have been worried a couple times that I had lost work. I didn't lose any work, but I thought I had before learning how to re-sync and recreate the table.

Anjali
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Great app for students

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

Good

Pluspunten

1. Efficient
2. Easy to use
3. Simple layout
4. multiple options

Software hangs sometimes
Pricey
Old documents don't scan well

Alejandro
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Amazing product

9/10

Pluspunten

perfect to review pdf document, is like an ETL for Pdf. if you need to review whiter papers, scientific documents. Works multiplatform in a amazing way.

Minpunten

it has to improve certain issues for the ipad version.

Daniel
  • Sector: Medische praktijk
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best product for medical research!

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

Amazing! Since I started using these I am not going to use anything else for research.

Pluspunten

Extracting part of PDFs and putting them into one single notepad, from different PDFs, in addition to handwriting. I have no idea why This is not more frequently used or advertised more

Minpunten

The highlighting feature in the iPad doesn’t look as nice in the computer

Chun Wa
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

Infinite note taking

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2022

Pluspunten

It can be synchronized across multiple devices, and the standards in the pdf are so clear and easy to use that you can write down your thoughts in an unlimited number of ways.

Minpunten

The most advanced services are a bit expensive. And the sync between different devices is a bit slow.

Irena

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I like it! But it could be better

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2022

reading documents
redacting
highlighting
signing
allowing us to run paper free business

Pluspunten

ease of use and instalment was easy
love the pen and how it interacts with ipad
love the ability to highlight the pdf docs

Minpunten

Tricky to import to the correct file - i need to have the file open to get the document in the file
not so easy to move files between folders
editing function (i.e. redacting) could be better - i currently use thick black pen to go over text that i want to redact
the way notes display if i forward a LT doc with notes, especially if sent by pdf

Nikolai

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best note taking and pdf review

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2022

Excellence

Pluspunten

Easy and versatile, excellent sync service, multiple plataforms

Minpunten

Visually not fancy or elegant. The menu and tools are visually uglies.

Atul
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

LiquidText for students or anyone who likes to pen down what they study.

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2022

This is a great tool for me. I've not used this at a professional capacity, but for all my personal books and research I use this.
I've also recommended this to friends that are pursuing their higher education.

Pluspunten

The fluid interaction model between parts of the document, the flexible workspace that I can use to take notes, or do rough work. Ability to link two sections of the document, pinch and compress pages.

Minpunten

It's a little too heavy for my basic iPad to handle smoothly.
Especially as the book gets bigger, the interaction gets choppier.

Ashok
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Good document manager

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2022

Good

Pluspunten

Short Notes linkages
Linkage with Parent document

Minpunten

Nothing noted at present . I will inform if any lomitation noted

Katy
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

The best review ever

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2022

It’s easy to pick up, it’s easy to keep things as together or as separate as desired. I’ve recommended it to a few fellow students

Pluspunten

I love being able to link one comment to another. I also love being able to search an entire compilation

Minpunten

I really need more colors. I’m writing my dissertation, and color coding is vital

Punit
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Must have app, useful in many ways

Very Impressed

Pluspunten

Note Taking, Knowledge assimilation capability that it provides. You can use it for mind map creation, building a knowledge document across various sources.

Minpunten

It hangs in Windows often, so this needs to be fixed

Gesine

Gold

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2022

happy that liquid is there

Pluspunten

Very much is intuitive to handle even though you have to adjust in the beginning

Minpunten

my email program opens automatically the free version not the business version; I cannot find the files easily I have worked on, I do not understand how to secure the files at a specific place.

Saleem
  • Sector: Juridische dienstverlening

Great for legal pros

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2022

Pluspunten

Combining robust search of large documents with note taking that allows you to side by side compare different docs is really useful.

Minpunten

Adding the ability to add (1) bates numbering or (2) exhibit stickers would be fantastic.

Mark
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

This is a must to organise research

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2022

This is really excellent when looking at research to write a paper / presentation

Pluspunten

Really like being able to keep several pdfs together and link similar items

Minpunten

Don’t really think there is a negative about this app

Tiberiu
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Great product!

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2022

Overall this is a great app and with a few minor improvements could be truly amazing!

Pluspunten

The best part of the software is that you can write notes next to the pdf and keep them together. Overall, this is the most unique feature and the strength of LiquidText

Minpunten

I wish that there were an option to make the notes scroll along with the pdf (ie, when you scroll down the pdf the notes automatically scroll down). This would allow the app to be used for "writing in the margins" of the book, which is really useful.

Luc J
  • Sector: Managementconsulting
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Brilliant software. Just needs more fine tuning like easier undo and more fluent notes

Great APP !

Pluspunten

Capacity to read/study documents . Link a todo reminder to read stored documents

Drawing/editing not powerful. Look at Notability as a model