BambooHR

Sarah
  • Sector: Detailhandel

Easy to Use HRIS

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

I love Bamboo! Very happy with it, and excited to see what the future holds.

I love Bamboo! Very happy with it, and excited to see what the future holds.

Pluspunten

The product is very easy to use. The customer support is incredible. The system is aesthetically pleasing. Bamboo listens to feedback and is always updating and releasing new features based on customer feedback.

Minpunten

Some features are not the most robust. Time tracking and reporting specifically. Bamboo does not have built-in scheduling. The employee notes feature could be more like applicant notes (replies, attachments, email notifications).

Humanity en Deputy

UKG Ready

Redenen om over te stappen op BambooHR

Ease of use, better customer support, better features.
Jeff
Jeff
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Bamboo HR, a slick but severely limited recruiting software

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2020

As stated, the BHR system is a recruiters dream and makes the talent acquisition process easier for those businesses that are only using the job boards to get applicants. Just don't expect much more after that.

Pluspunten

The look an feel of BambooHR (BHR) is amazing! Its almost like Facebook for recruiting. It is very intuitive for what it does and offers to the administrator and end user. The applicant tracking system is very easy to use and goes the extra mile with automation and thoughtfulness concerning on-boarding and then " flowing" into the core HRIS. The BHR system was chosen by a previous HR professional that clearly had a recruiting bias. Although important, more vetting should have been done to make a sound choice for long term success regarding the needs of a small to mid-size business.

Minpunten

Beyond what I described above there is limited functionality without also purchasing and integrating other systems through a "bolt-on" approach. By "Bolt-on" I mean that BHR will not automate between the core HR system of BHR and a timekeeping system, a payroll system, benefits administration system, leave administration system. The ability to have a robust system is possible but is not practical or cost effective with BambooHR. In order to get a full platform, covering the full life cycle of and employee, through BHR, a business would have to pay upwards of 30-40 dollars per employee per month. Simply put other options are available and far more robust with better long term results for less money- See my review of APS Payroll for an example.

APS Payroll, Paycom, ADP Workforce Now, Namely en Paycor

Redenen om over te stappen op BambooHR

Price and lack of proper education as to the actual functionality and potential cost of the system beyond on-boarding.
Brittany
  • Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

BambooHR First HRS Used

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2024

Pluspunten

I liked the custom features of nearly everything in the system. This made it easy to work with our existing structures and we built around that. The auto filing for signed policies was great, and the reminders for training needs was great for all employees, their supervisors, and the managers to ensure everything was on track for timelines and protocols.

Minpunten

The reporting features were not as extensive as I would have liked. Things may have changed, but the reports for specific and custom items was a little difficult. The customer service was mostly online or through their FAQs or videos which wasn't ideal if we were in a crisis situation, but overall a good product.

Aisha
  • Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Good product

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2023

Like the product for starting companies, but as your processes and strategy become more detailed, I am not sure if Bamboohr can manage properly as a stand-alone platform. Like the HRIS, the rest of the features are not robust

Pluspunten

Love the simplicity of the HRIS system to allow for tracking personnel

Minpunten

The payroll system and time management are not as robust as it needs to be. Unlike optional features such as performance or applicant tracking that are not critical to risk management, the payroll and time management must be up to par to ensure customers are compliant with state regulations, able to identify and correct discrepancies quickly, and able to customize reporting to identify labor cost trends. Unfortunately, the payroll and time tracking doesn't relate.1 Example: We cannot track if meals are being taken or the system does not alert us when someone does not take their required lunch breaks. Depending on state, there are penalties associated with this2 Example: If an employee is scheduled to be terminated on a specific day, they are automatically taken out of the system before ensuring they were paid their last check. States have many different regulations around when a former employee must be paid their final check. We would have to alter the person's last day and final pay date in order to process their last check, which can cause incorrect records if we forget to switch the dates back to correct separation date. If we schedule termination ahead of time, we have no way of tracking who is up for termination soon or no notice that the person was removed from payroll ensuring timely payment. 3 Example: Timetracking is more than just about having the ability to clock in and out with approval. There is very limited reporting that can be pulled to track labor cost

Vicki Lynn Jackson
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

BambooHR +++ For the HR person that wants to have it all in ONE PLACE

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2024

Awesome, from the booth in SHRM Las Vegas, the reps that explain and demo the platform, the onboarding people - [sensitive content hidden] was a GODDESS... You cannot go wrong with this group. I have had a fantastic experience and it's not done yet. They are constantly improving, and I am here for it!

Pluspunten

Ease of use, that everything you do in HR is in ONE Platform, You can pick and choose what you want to pay for and use BUT I DID purchase it all and it's so inexpensive!!

Two things only:
Templates for documents are not provided.
and
More Hiring platforms are not included/or partnered with BambooHR yet.

Mirko
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

Powerful HR Capabilities With BambooHR

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2024

Pluspunten

BambooHR makes employee engagement easy and handles most HR issues including payroll and recruiting.

Minpunten

BambooHR is quick, effective and well equipped - no complaints.

Jessica

Easy management system!

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2024

Pluspunten

The thing I like most about BambooHR is that it is an easy place to not only store employee documents, reviews and information, but it is easy to access and navigate. We have some employees who are not as proficient in technology and they have picked this right up! You can also create any kind of report you want to for any category, which has been super helpful for us!

Minpunten

When power editing employees on certain things, it does not edit only the employees who you have changed information for, but creates a new line for everyone.

Alex
  • Sector: Bouwmaterialen

Great Product!

Beoordeeld op 8-4-2024

My overall experience with BambooHR has been fantastic. From day one, it has been easy to use and made my job as a manger easier.

Pluspunten

We are a small business, so our HR is outsourced. Bamboo has been easy to deploy from the start. It is user friendly and easy to train your employees to use. It helps tremendously in tracking all of the mundane manual tracking we used to do before we had bamboo!

Minpunten

Perfomance Management system. I would like to see bamboo have a more involved system or atleast customizable in the future.

Daniel
  • Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A user-friendly bundle of HR resources

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2024

My overall experience was very positive as BambooHR is predicting the need of use and already has a solution for it. As a mid-size company, we are very satisfied with its services.

Pluspunten

BambooHR shines as a beacon for those navigating the complexities of human resources management. It's more than just software; it's a friendly guide through the HR jungle. With tools for tracking applicants, welcoming new hires, managing time-off, and seamlessly integrating payroll, it's like having a Swiss Army knife for small to medium-sized businesses. What's more, its secure servers, proudly housed in the US, offer that extra peace of mind.This platform isn't just about getting the job done; it's about making the job easier and safer, every step of the way.

Minpunten

Although it might not related to this software, it would be even better if they could have user-friendly file management for employees different projects.

Kristine
  • Sector: Werving en selectie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best HR management software we used so far.

Beoordeeld op 9-5-2024

Pluspunten

I like how it has a very easy-to-use UI and the app itself is user-friendly.
Our team can log in and out from their computer, mobile, or any internet-connected device.

Minpunten

I wish our team can make the changes on their end and have an admin approve the changes - our current process is, the team member needs to reach out to the admin for any changes - then the admin will have to make the changes for them.

Danielle

BambooHR - 10/10 Would Recommend

Beoordeeld op 29-9-2020

Overall, it's been a really great experience as an implementer, an admin, and a user.

Pluspunten

I advocated for BambooHR for my company as its first HRIS, and I believed it would be a major benefit to our company, and it has been. It's a major bragging right of mine that I found BambooHR at a conference, convinced my boss to sign off on it, and executed the roll-out and got most staff on-board with it as a concept. So, I like most things about BambooHR. It's intuitive for users and administrators alike. The setup was as easy as setting up a new company-wide software could be, with hands-on customer service and a robust information center. The hiring tool is phenomenal, and I have gotten so many positive comments from managers about how much easier their hiring process was with the hiring tool. I like how y ou can submit software suggestions to customer service and they take your feedback into consideration, and new features get rolled out constantly. It's just a great place to keep everything in one place and make HR more efficient, and it's a super dynamic tool.

Minpunten

Honestly, there's not a lot I don't like about the software. When we first got it, I would say its lack of payroll integration, but it's since integrated TRAX payroll with the software, which our accounting team is now switching to.

ADP Workforce Now

Redenen om over te stappen op BambooHR

It had a smarter, more dynamic, and less corporate-y interface than ADP. ADP felt very old school HR, while we are not old school at all, and Bamboo just made more sense in every aspect (besides payroll, initially, until Bamboo added TRAX) for our company.
Shana

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the best decisions our business has ever made

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2022

We are a school and our teachers don't want to spend a ton of time on their computers trying to find the information they are looking. BambooHR's website and app are so straightforward, our teachers picked up on everything very quickly. There are always learning curves involved any time new software and processes are released to an organization but the whole experience went much more smoothly than I ever expected.

Pluspunten

I have gone through implementation of payroll services with four different providers over the years and BambooHR was by far the easiest process with the fewest issues. While there was work involved, their expectations were very clear and they worked with us to determine the best way to manage unique situations specific to our company. The system is very intuitive and easy to use.

Minpunten

There are some small things here and there that we have encountered and have to work around, but customer services is always very responsive and help us find a solution. We have made suggestions to BambooHR's feedback team and they have already implemented some changes to help with some of these issues. They are always making improvements and additions to their products.

Andre
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

An HRIS that was built with HR in mind

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2022

This was hands down the easiest onboarding of a new software package that I have ever experienced. We are a Critical Access Hospital that decided to implement its first HRIS in February of 2020, right as the pandemic started. Of all the things we had to worry about, this implementation was not one of them. The team walked us through the process, meet with us whenever we needed, and assisted in personalizing the software. We went from 0 to complete within a month! And they have been supporting us every step of the way since then. I couldn't ask for a better HRIS partner.

Pluspunten

The software is very easy to personalize to your organizations individual needs. Response from the help desk is usually within minutes, and their out of the box thinking ensures you will get the output that you are looking for.

Minpunten

BambooHR works great with other software programs that have HR in mind. If your backbone software is built for integration is industry specific and somewhat inflexible, it is more difficult to integrate the great features that BambooHR has to offer.

ADP Workforce Now en Netchex

Redenen om over te stappen op BambooHR

BambooHR had the right recruiting tools, the offered pretty much everything we needed in their basic program, and to upgrade was very simple and inexpensive. Having been in HR for decades, this is the first time I have used an HR system that felt like it was made by those in HR for HR.
Lori
  • Sector: Verzekeringen

Great HR System!

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2022

Overall, I love BambooHR. I have implemented it in several companies I have worked for over the years. It is such a great system, I tried to bring it in whenever I had the chance!

Pluspunten

BambooHR has everything in one place. Easy to set up and implement and employees can start using it immediately with very little training. Very easy to customize it to suit your company's unique needs. Customer service is second to none!!

Minpunten

Having an integrated payroll system would be the cherry on top but for a Canadian company, this option is not available. A huge market untapped!! The ability to choose a "close" date for the Performance Management Reviews would be very helpful as sometimes a longer or shorter window is required.

Jennifer
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Great HRIS

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2023

Very positive

Very positive

Pluspunten

Easy to integrate and use, very user friendly, very useful reporting tools.

Minpunten

To be able to make reports on a chosen date and not only on the current date. Be able to identify managers more easily.

Bob

Redenen om voor BambooHR te kiezen

PeopleHR is the worst HRIS on the market. Difficult to use, very unreliable and not user friendly at all. I implemented BambooHR in 3 different companies and I love this tool.

Redenen om over te stappen op BambooHR

The main reason is the price. The functionalities are a bit more advanced than BambooHR, but the implementation is longer and the tool is less user friendly
Katrina
  • Sector: Nutsbedrijven

We love BambooHR

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2023

My experience with BambooHR has been phenomenal from the first phone call inquiring about the software all the way through setting up the many features we've implemented. (Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Performance Management, etc. I've enjoyed working with their team and appreciate all the help they have provided.

Pluspunten

The features that BambooHR offer are extremely streamlined and useful. The ease of use of the platform gives our employees an easy way to access and manage all of their information. The best part of BambooHR though would be the customer service and how well they work with you when integrating this software into your business.

Minpunten

The only con with this software was the lack of integration with other accounting services. IE Quickbooks however, this was easily worked around and they do offer other solutions.

Deel en NetSuite

Redenen om voor BambooHR te kiezen

The ease of use this software provides. QB was too manual.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Redenen om over te stappen op BambooHR

The options and streamlined design of this platform fit better with our company.
Larson
  • Sector: Religieuze instellingen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A good price for a good product. Responsive and always innovating.

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2023

Bamboo has been a great software to help us perform so may of our tasks, both frequent and infrequent. It is user friendly, accessible, packed with training, and easy to modify. There are some walls that we hit that come with hyper-specific needs we have, but since Bamboo is always reading feedback and updating accordingly, we have hope in its expansion and improvement.

Pluspunten

Time tacking, time off tracking, document storage, e-signatures, information management, training tracking, onboarding, offboarding, payroll.

Minpunten

Limits on the integration of custom fields and tables into filters on ting like onboarding, training, announcements, and benefits.

Aimee
  • Sector: Nutsbedrijven

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

BambooHR - Friend to People Operations!

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2022

We've used BambooHR since 2017, moving from tracking information via spreadsheets and paper forms to fully electronic. The implementation process takes preparation to ensure you have quality information imported into the system and is worth the time and effort. The implementation specialist works with you to ensure you're on track and implementation goes smoothly. If you take the time to introduce BambooHR to employees and provide them with training, they easily adapt as this is a very user-friendly system. Over the years we've added additional custom table to track information and the Bambooligans have been very responsive. I highly recommend BambooHR!

• User-friendly
• Customizable (ie. you can have Bamboo set up tables that you can use to track your Medical Examiner’s certifications/driver’s licenses & set reminders for expiration)
• Hiring system ports directly into employee creation
• Applicant tracking system (automatically posts to Indeed, Glassdoor & ZipRecruiter)
• Onboarding / offboarding
• Standardized & customizable reports
• Org chart
• Company directory (the app is nice but offers less functionality than the website)
• E-signature for your forms to port directly into employee files upon completion & route as directed (ie. direct deposit can route to payroll or reimbursements to A/P)
• Asset tracking (you can set security levels to allow IT – or appropriate individuals to access / make changes / run reports for assets)
• Electronic approval process for compensation, approvals, and other customizable events
• Preview as user allows you / admin to see things as the individual sees them – really helps with problem-solving
• You establish access levels
• Track training (but very simplistic process)
• Works with single sign-on

Minpunten

• Lack of ability to set up onboarding tasks for internal promotions
• Training tracking is simplistic, they do offer integrations with LMS
• Doesn’t connect with our payroll system (although you could have someone build a custom integration)

Leigh
Leigh
  • Sector: Directiekantoor

A lot of Bang for Our Bucks

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2022

Overall, our experience with BambooHR has been extremely positive. Our employees have raved over how much more efficient and streamlined our HR processes are. Customer Support, if needed, is super responsive and satisfactory resolutions/answers are provided quickly.

Pluspunten

There are so many positive things I can say about this software that I am not sure I even know where to begin. Implementation was a breeze, the look and feel of Bamboo is clean and intuitive, and there are so many options for an organization to really make it their own through branding and customization. Additionally, I am a huge fan of the amount of administrative control I have within the system. For me, this was a huge selling point.

Minpunten

Nothing is perfect. Not even Bamboo. Although they have made great strides in enhancing some of their features, they're still not as robust as some other systems in some areas. However, as an administrator and an end-user, I do appreciate how they listen to feedback from their customers and it shows in their efforts to continuously improve their product. The only "con" that would make me reevaluate our relationship with Bamboo would be a drastic price increase without any new features to justify it.

Namely
Jade
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

BambooHR literally has everything our company requires.

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2022

Overall, it was a fantastic experience; hiring and tracking new employees was a breeze. We use Learning Management System (LMS) and integrating the two is straightforward. The app is useful for tracking time and work hours, especially since most of us work abroad. And security is top notch. We store people's information here, and we like how BambooHR performs security checks and locks on its own when you are not in front of your computer.

Pluspunten

We previously used Time Doctor to track our time and for payroll. However, as the company expanded. We want a system that allows us to track all employees from their assessment/ job application to their onboarding. We can even send new hire packets to get them prepared for the job.
This includes what they needed to do on their first day, what documents they needed to submit, and who they should contact. It's also easy to track time off request and UPTOs. BambooHR can also be integrated with LMS tools such as TalentLMS.
As a user, the app is very useful; seeing your timesheet hours and pay period, as well as the payroll reminder, is a great feature.

Minpunten

The training section of BambooHR is a little complicated, and adding new training and categories is done alphabetically. As a result, having your own training roadmap and guidelines causes everything to become jumbled. When we asked their support team for help in resolving the issue, they were able to help us by manually assigning a number to each category. Another thing is, marking each training category as complete must be done one at a time. It takes a lot of effort, but it works.

Mikayla
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

I Love BambooHR

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2022

Overall, I love BambooHR and would recommend it to any small to medium-sized company that is looking for a simple solution to connecting and managing their workforce.

Pluspunten

The best thing about BambooHR is how user-friendly it is for all of our employees. The interface is so efficient which limits the amount of time we spend training new employees on the software. I also love the level of support we receive from BambooHR when we need it. Their customer service is top-tier!

Minpunten

Although we have seen Bamboo grow and adapt in many ways over the years, there are still features that we'd love to see come to life. I appreciate the ability to suggest new product developments, but I sometimes feel limited when it comes to exit interviews and report customization.

Paycor

Paycom
Jennifer

Streamlined HR Management

Beoordeeld op 4-3-2024

As an HR professional, my experience with BambooHR has been positive. The platform has significantly streamlined our processes.

Pluspunten

As an HR professional tasked with managing various aspects of employee documentation and time tracking, I've found BambooHR to be an invaluable tool for streamlining our processes. The platform offers a comprehensive solution for managing employee documents and timekeeping, making our workflow significantly more efficient.
With BambooHR, all employee documents are seamlessly sent out and stored within the platform. This not only eliminates the hassle of manual document distribution but also ensures that our records are centralized and easily accessible when needed.
Additionally, the ability for employees to clock in or enter their hours directly on the Bamboo platform has been a game-changer for our organization. Gone are the days of manual timesheets and potential errors in time tracking. With BambooHR, employees can conveniently log their hours from anywhere, whether they're in the office or working remotely. This not only promotes accountability but also provides us with real-time insights into our workforce's productivity and attendance.
BambooHR has transformed the way we manage our HR processes, providing us with a centralized platform for document management and time tracking.

Minpunten

Currently, BambooHR limits employees to being assigned to only one project at a time. It poses limitations for those with more dynamic project structures or employees who contribute to multiple initiatives simultaneously.

It would be highly beneficial if BambooHR could incorporate the ability to assign employees to multiple projects concurrently. This feature would provide organizations with greater flexibility in allocating resources and tracking employee contributions across different projects.

Christina
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Middle of the road software that needs improvement

Beoordeeld op 15-9-2017

We are currently researching other HR software. I'm not sure which is better, software that contains the modules needed with obvious and crippling flaws or software that is easy to use both by admin and employees with limited modules.

Pluspunten

The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork.
Most of the framework is in place, but EACH area needs improvement, both in the functionality for administration and the ease of use for employees. The sections offered are vital, but aren't complete.

Minpunten

The benefits area is lacking a lot of common sense tools - like the ability to attach plan documents to an insurance plan (only a link can be used), display plan cost information to an employee BEFORE they sign up (the pricing is only available AFTER they sign up and become eligible). Many things like this create double the amount of work for the administrator.
The actual on-boarding process was a struggle because even though the forms were done properly by the employees (I sat with a few and watched them), it didn't save all information in completed fields. Employees were frustrated when they had to fill out forms multiple times because you cannot edit once saved.
I love that employees can e-sign documents, but preparing the forms is cumbersome and they can't be customized easily. For instance, if you need to update a form because something has changed or didn't save properly, you have to delete the task and resend to any employees who need an updated form.
When I discussed a few very basic items with support, they just offered a work around that many clients use. These are obvious flaws in the system that need to be addressed, but aren't necessarily a priority. Bamboo HR seems to focus more on flashy design than actual content. It makes them seem like a leader in the industry, but as soon as you dig in, the flaws are obvious.
For the price, there needs to be more development in the software.

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Bamboo HR keeps me sane and in compliance.

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2022

Pluspunten

I am not an HR professional, I am a nonprofit executive Director and an organization that grew from one staff to 20 in about a year and a half. I don’t really know what I’m doing often. Human resources is one of those things that i could not justify hiring for. We have a board member who is an HR professional, and two lawyers on our board, so if things did get crazy, I knew I had people to keep me in compliance legally with the situation, but I needed some help with the day today. We have three physical locations and bamboo helps ensure that we don’t have important, confidential documents getting lost. Managers can update things in real time and it is amazing. We use the integrated payroll, pay traX, because honestly I’m lazy and why would I do more work when my time is valuable. I love being able to do the performance reviews and satisfaction surveys. I love the asset management feature so I can keep copies of peoples drivers licenses, even shirt sizes, and of course the training that they do.

Minpunten

Bamboo is a little spendy, but honestly you can’t afford not to invest in it.

David
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

They understand and support customers

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2022

Extremely receptive, understanding company, who want to support HR and provide easy-to-use, clear tools for daily HR tasks. They even educate the HR company through their annual virtual summit, which has become one of the very best as they know the most relevant topics and attract the best speakers ... and it's free to register.

Pluspunten

I found BambooHR very easy to set up, with a very clear, clean interface, a great mobile app and very easy to use for the employees. I am very impressed with the ease with which I was able to set up time-off policies and performance management, and the applicant tracking system is simple and collaborative. A great strength of Bamboo is the customer service - everybody I have spoken to is communicative, responsive, helpful, knowledgable - they seem to genuinely want to help. Their help documentation is very good and they keep clients up to date monthly with product developments and tips via video. Setting up forms for e-signature is awesome, and the newly introduced COVID tracker and storage of information has sensibly (and for legal reasons) been separated from other HR files.

Minpunten

I'd like to see more flexibility in creating sub-folders for file storage, and integrations with more payroll providers and the time-tracking could use a little more development, but I do like that Bamboo continues to improve in all these aspects and that stops me jumping ship even when there are limitations.