MemberPress

Wale
  • Sector: Internet
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

MemberPress is good, but it could also get better.

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2021

I considered a few alternatives before settling for MemberPress. So far, I can say that I made the right choice. Even though it lacks certain features, the core functionality it provides makes it the perfect fit.

Pluspunten

MemberPress gives you all the things you need to build a functional membership site on WordPress. While working on a client's website, it was the only WP membership plugin that allowed me to use a local payment gateway (PayStack) right out of the box by installing a ready-made addon. There was absolutely no need to buy this separately or manually write the code for it.

Also, being able to create corporate membership is a big plus.

Minpunten

MemberPress lacks a member directory with complete profiles on the front end. I've seen some WP membership plugin with this and this makes one wonder why it's not included.

aMember Pro en Restrict Content Pro

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

MemberPress seemed to have more features and fitted my client's needs better.
Heather

Everything You Need For Your Membership

Beoordeeld op 30-8-2022

When I switched to Memberpress, I wanted a member dashboard that linked to my course, live events, facebook group, and had room for featured content. I am very pleased I made the switch. I also wanted to be able to sell membership tiers.

Pluspunten

There are a lot of moving parts in a membership, and MemberPress covers them all. It even includes customizable email templates that are sent out for a variety of communication needs, including membership renewal, reminds them that their credit card is about to expire, etc. I also love that it does not tie me to a certain design, and that I can use my own templates and CSS.

Minpunten

I felt that there was a lot to learn for onboarding, but such is the case with robust software. Their online articles and videos are very helpful however.

Jon
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Subscription Model has changed - * WARNING* -

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2022

Absolutely terrible.

Pluspunten

Easy to set-up and manage multiple memberships and protect various Wordpress content,

Minpunten

Memberpress was sold in Dec 2021 [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who has completely changed the plugin and the subscription model.

Unlike other Wordpress plugins, once your 12 month 'licence' expires you are completely locked out from the back-end of the plugin and prohibited from managing any users or memberships unless you pay $$$.

This is completely unethical and we have removed Memberpress from approx 80+ websites we manage for clients.

Teachable en LearnDash

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

At the time for it's features, but since switching there are better options everywhere.
Jackie

Memberpress - The Best Solution For A Membership Site

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2022

We have been working with Memberpress for a number of years now and our overall experience has been excellent. The team at Memberpress is always willing to help with any technical issues and they are constantly upgrading their product and adding to it to make it better and easier to use. Memberpress really is the best solution for a membership site.

Pluspunten

We really like Memberpress because it easily integrates with our website and all the features are customisable to run and blend with our website design. It is easy to set up different memberships and member types so we can design and customise our membership site to suit our customers and what they want and change it whenever we want to. The payment gateway setup is easy and we are able to use all the leading payment methods giving our customers the freedom to choose how they want to pay. The finished result on our website delivers a professional membership site that looks good, is easy to use for our customers and we can run and have complete control over it ourselves.

Minpunten

Our main frustration with Memberpress is that it doesn't have the facility to build and run a video membership site within it. In order for us to be able to deliver this using Memberpress as our membership software, we have had to integrate a separate video gallery and run within its limitations.

Julie

We LOVE Memberpress!

Beoordeeld op 8-9-2022

The setup was easy and straightforward. I was able to migrate users over to the new site with no issues. It went quickly and was smoother than I expected!

Pluspunten

This software is so easy to use. It's been absolutely life-changing for our organization, which started as a brick and mortar business and is now exclusively online. Memberpress makes our site clean, professional, and easy to manage.

Minpunten

I really have no complaints about this software. It's way better than expected.

Mark
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

WorkPress is Excellent!

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2022

MemberPress has allowed our members to self-manage their login, contact info, payments and renewals.

Pluspunten

MemberPress incorporated perfectly into Wordpress website member portal.

Minpunten

Most use 3rd party solutions for a member directory and syncing data with WooCommerce

Constance
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Weight loss membership

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2022

So far it has been great for my membership and taken a lot of stress off of me after I've figured it out!

Pluspunten

There are plenty of features, it just takes some time to learn!

Minpunten

Unpausing/cancelling issues. Also communication with PayPal is poor.

Tadas
  • Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

Great flexible product

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2022

Pluspunten

I liked that you can make your own design by using just [shortcodes], it worked well for me and this was exactly what I needed for very reasonable price

Minpunten

I haven't figured it out yet :) I should get more into the product

Sandy
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Exceptional product, service and experience

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2022

Pluspunten

Easy to install but powerful features including the integrated LMS plus the service was outstanding

Minpunten

THe set up logic was a bit foreign but once I understood the logic, made perfect sense

Mohan Lal
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

One of the best tools for creating Courses on a Wordpress Site

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2022

Memberpress makes it easy to manage Membership sites, so have been awesome expereience using it.

Pluspunten

The main feature I like in Memberpress would be the way content protection rules work (once created, these apply automatically to that type of Content). Memberpress also helps you create checkout pages easily on the Website. Also, you can have one time payments option or can create monthly subscriptions.

Minpunten

None, that I can think of at the moment.

Ian

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Helped pull me out of poverty!

Beoordeeld op 20-5-2022

Loved it!

Pluspunten

Memberpress is a membership plugin on steroids. There is no comparison. I went from living on $10,000 a year to earning a living and supporting a family through the Memberpress plugin alone. No other paid Wordpress plugins. Paid $25 a month for Converkit and just created content and marketed really hard. Memberpress is way better than things like Teachable or Thinkific because everything is on one site. Most people who are making a difference in the world want everything in one place. Free info, paid stuff, and fun content. The ethical way to promote content in 2022 is to release a ton of free stuff and let people come into your courses or membership without the cohort scarcity scare tactics. Memberpress makes that really easy. The integrations are great on Memberpress. I use the Convert Kit, Beaver Builder, and a couple other integrations and they work fine. Now I will go into some other membership plugins.

Paid Membership Pro is wonky and doesn't give you the same freedom. I run a Paid Membership pro site (because their Discord integration is the most important part of the membership) and everything other than the Discord integration is worse. Learndash is a better LMS but their registration, payment, and member management is an absolute nightmare. If you use Zapier for a Discord integration and Memberpress Courses (about 85% as good as LearnDash LMS for courses but makes up for that in so many different ways) all the pro's for other companies listed above are obsolete.

Minpunten

It's a bit barebones. But, that gives you the freedom for total customization. If you're trying to make money on Wordpress in 2022 you need to have Ux/Ui skills or pay someone who does.

Jason

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great Membership Management System for your WordPress Website!

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2022

Great! Love the product for what it does. I recommend it to many people!

Pluspunten

Love how easy it is to set up and turn your WordPress website into a membership website.

Minpunten

One of the issues I found with their course creator. I was having some issues accessing the page (was showing error messages). As well, if you delete a lesson from the main course curriculum (rather than the right side lessons list), record of that page remains on the sitemap. I've received a 5xx server error from Google as a result. MAKE SURE YOU DELETE LESSONS FROM THE SIDE LESSONS LIST.

MemberMouse, Teachable en Kajabi

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

I wanted to build a membership site on my own platform. Patreon is where I started, but realized I would be spending a LOT in fees with the percentages Patreon takes from membership fees. MemberPress fit the bill for a WordPress MMS solution. Great product!

Patreon

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Because it was a plugin I could install and turn my existing website into a membership website. I didn't like hosting it on other platforms (Kajabi, Teachable) – as well, I like how it offered unmetered pricing. For example, MemberMouse tiers it at 1,000 members and increases the price based on that.
Kimon

6 + years user on multiple websites

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2021

Since I transitioned to Memberpress I have had 0 issues with membership management!
I will be a loyal customer.

Pluspunten

Over the 6 years that I have been using Memberpress I have had no issues at all with the membership management. I like the ease of use. The not complicated setup and the fact that it is dependable.
It keeps up with the changing internet!

Minpunten

I am very comfortable with this software. I would suggest to include more metrics on the reports such as Total income per user / total income per product.
Some ability to create pivot tables and charts would be great!
I would also like the ability to Upsell if someone clicks on cancel membership. That would be great to add.

aMember Pro

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

amember did not integrate smoothly at the time ~2014 with Wordrpess.

aMember Pro
Trisha
  • Sector: Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Finally, a robust membership platform that integrates into our website

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2021

With MemberPress we have been able to consolidate everything into our client facing website. There has been a slight learning curve coming from a competitor's software, but that is to be expected.

Pluspunten

I love that this integrates right into our Wordpress site. I also love the ability to create corporate accounts and monthly recurring memberships, and that there are so many available add-ons and third party integrations that we can use.

Minpunten

We switched from another membership software, so it was a little tricky importing information in a similar way to what we had set up. I also wish that the software had the ability to split tender. Membership reporting is pretty surface level, it would be nice to be able to run more detailed reports on specific memberships - or members that that are about to expire.

Laurie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best membership plugin for Wordpress hands-down!

Beoordeeld op 28-12-2020

I've been using MemberPress for for about six years. I haven't found a better solution that meets my requirements. I've been VERY happy with it!

Pluspunten

I like it's flexibility and scalability. I run two websites that use Memberpress. On one site I have over 10 memberships setup ... I'm able to upgrade members between memberships and upsale to other memberships. I use it to manage access to virtual events, leveled resources and my contributor team. It's so flexible it integrates well with my email marketing and affiliate software.

Minpunten

I wish I could offer multiple levels of a single membership. Right now, I have to set up a separate membership for each option.... for example I would like to offer a different price for memberships for those who are already a member of another specific membership. Instead I have to create several memberships for this and it's a pain to manage members of multiple memberships (i.e. pulling reports,etc.)

Restrict Content Pro

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

more features and flexibility ... also had a great integration with Affiliate Royale.

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

easier to use and more features
Miles
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best Software In Its Class!

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one.

I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin.

Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z.

Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool.

This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

Pluspunten

The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

Minpunten

This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

Daniel
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

The most robust and sensibly designed of the wordpress membership plugins

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2017

Robust wordpress membership platform which we use for delivery of paid courses and learning management.

Acts as a complex framework on which you can build a very elaborate membership site rich in features and with quite customisable behaviour.

Pluspunten

It doesn't take over your installation and hog the wordpress admin like many plugins do. It keeps itself in its own section and has a reasonable number of settings.

Memberpress should really be considered a membership framework upon which you can assemble a versatile range of membership and subscription based sites rather than an out of the box product, i.e. there's still a lot of work to do yourself but memberpress will help you more than it will cause headaches, and that is not always the case with wordpress membership plugins.

Really fantastic rule making section means that you can create things like tag and category restrictions or take it to a whole level of complexity and control by restricting custom post types and taxonomies. The latter approach is excellent for those combining this with custom fields and really customising the admin panel heavily.

Integrations are not endless but are well considered and usually best of class i.e. Stripe, Paypal, Mailchimp, Drip etc...

Minpunten

Because it's a framework really, it is possible to use memberpress badly if you are not an experienced wordpress developer. Not making good rules for restriction and relying on per page restriction for example can set you up for a messy future and makes you very dependent on memberpress.

The forms and payment workflow could be nicer.

The user self-service section needs some work although it can be styled with CSS. it would be nice if the defaults were a bit more modern and adapted a bit better to themes.

More action based hooks would be useful to make a very customisable membership signup and upgrade flow.

Antwoord van Caseproof Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate it! We're committed to constant improvement, and reviews like yours help us to accomplish that. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or additional concerns. Thanks, again!

Aaron
  • Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

All of the power and options, with much less hassle

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2020

MemberPress controls access to back office functions for contractor sales agents. It allows me to ensure that agents under contract have access to some parts of the site, agents who are no longer under contract but still have unsettled business can still access a smaller subset of the site, and agents considering entering a contractual relationship can be given person-specific access to a different discrete set of pages to help them make their decisions and fill out contract forms.

Pluspunten

I was able to set up MemberPress on a somewhat complicated WordPress multi-site setup with a minimum of issues (those that did crop up were my own fault). Configuring multiple membership levels and controlling access by membership level was well-explained and easy to implement. And it was, by far, the easiest of the membership plugins I experimented with to get set up to handle membership payments.

Minpunten

Processing payments on the visitor end was easy enough, but managing the payments on the back-end can be confusing. Automatic renewal is only possible via subscription payments, and I couldn't find a way to override this to facilitate entry of annual subscription payments received in other ways.

Maggie
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

Robust Membership plugin for Wordpress

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2020

Overall, MemberPress is a really versatile and useful plugin for building a membership site and has lots of great features. We've found it to be a good fit for our business and are happy with it. Customer service is always fast and friendly if we have any questions or problems.

Pluspunten

It's really easy to set up rules for which members can access what content. Our particular site offers downloadable resources, so Members are able to access all pages, but certain resources are only able to be viewed and downloaded by Members of specific membership levels. Once we set it up the first time, it has worked wonderfully and makes uploading new resources for various membership levels very easy.
The plugin is also fairly easy to adjust to suit our needs with very little coding knowledge needed. Most features are already included and it's just a matter of selecting them.

Minpunten

We offer a different annual price every year for new members, but old members continue to pay the price they first signed up with. At the moment, the 'Membership path' (going from free to paid, or paid down to free, for example) only allows a certain membership to be used once in paths. It would be much simpler for administrators if they could use a membership level in more than one path. As it stands for us, members who have signed up in previous years do not automatically go down to the free version if they stop their paid version. They simply cease to have access and we have to manually give them free access.

Brandon
  • Sector: Internet
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

MemberPress is the #1 Membership Plugin for WordPress

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

Setting up MemberPress can require you to know and understand a little bit about memberships sites. Once it's set up and configured, I usually don't have to tweak the settings at all. Everything just works. Creating protected content for a course is super easy now too.

Pluspunten

MemberPress allows me to set up basic membership sites as well as fully-customized membership experiences. The code under the hood includes WordPress hooks and filters so folks who are more technically minded can extend it to suit their needs. The new Course Management features allow you to create online classrooms for your users to view a stylish version of your course content. It's quick and easy to build out your course content with without having to worry about spending time customizing layouts .

Minpunten

Some of the UI is a little clunky. One of the reasons it's been around for so long is because its functionality is robust. Because it's been around for so many years, some of its UI feels a little out of date. They are continually making improvements so this doesn't bother me.

MemberMouse en LearnDash

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

MemberPress has the best support team. They're responsive, knowledgeable, and helpful. MemberPress also has some advanced add-ons that lets my team create unique and usfule membership platforms for our clients.
Joe
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Fantastic Piece of Software

Beoordeeld op 30-8-2021

Memberpress offers a much cheaper way to offer an LMS to my client's customers without the subscription requirements that popular all-in-one websites use.

Pluspunten

I purchased this software on behalf of my client, looking to move away from a subscription-based learning management system and host their own. Memberpress offered everything they required (and more) from a full Learning Management System. Setup was extremely easy and was installed on the WordPress site in a matter of minutes. There's great customisation, a whole library of plugins to add additional functionality, and integrates great with other popular software such as MailChimp, Elementor and Stripe. Even features like automatic PDF generation for customer purchases increases the automation and means myself / my client needs to spend less time interacting with the system - which is a bonus in both our eyes. I'm looking forward to continually develop and work with my client with Memberpress and look forward to suggesting it as my go-to software for any future LMS projects.

Minpunten

There's nothing I don't like. Perhaps, as a suggestion, there could be some preset styles for the member's account dashboard in WordPress. Although it's functional and works perfectly, it's perhaps a bit basic in design. It can be easily customised with some HTML and CSS but this takes time and therefore presets would help with the design process.

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Memberpress sounded like a more, well-rounded plugin that offered more functionality for the price paid.
Levi
  • Sector: Human Resources

(Almost) Everything you need

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021

MemberPress is almost the perfect tool for setting up a membership based website. It leverages all of Wordpress's native functionality and extends it in understandable and powerful ways. Installation was one click to install the plugin and around an hour to understand and configure all of the options. The price is reasonable and the support (when needed) has been responsive.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the add-ons provided by MemberPress are included in the price. No nickel and dime upcharges every time you need to add functionality.

While the Courses module did not meet our needs, it is great to see the Memberpress team working to refine and expand the capabilities of MemberPress. It is also refreshing to see that they seem to have formed genuine partnerships with the other products they integrate with (LearnDash, Affiliate Royale, WP-SMTP to name a few). These are not bolted-on integrations. They are robust and well documented by both MemberPress and the third-party provider.

Pluspunten

The purchase and setup process was painless. Configuration was quite involved but the layout of the admin interface and the documentation made this very straightforward. The number of integrations available makes this a solid foundation for our online paid content.

We are using several integrations but most notable among them are the S3 plugin which let us protect our video content from an AWS storage bucket. This was something I hadn't even considered when selecting MemberPress. But as soon as I realized my oversite, there was a knowledgebase article and some great documentation. 30 minutes later, the problem was solved.

Minpunten

We had originally purchased MemberPress to act as a Learning Management System (LMS) but we found the newly added Courses module to be too simplistic for our needs. Fortunately, there is a robust integration with several LMS tools including LearnDash. Once we realized that Courses wasn't going to be the answer for us, it took less than an afternoon to pivot to LearnDash. Both tools have great documentation on how to setup the two systems to work together and we were able to launch on schedule.

Andy
  • Sector: Muziek
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Collects Payment While You Sleep

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2021

Memberpress allows me to drip feed newsletters, course tips and customer retention quite easily. Take all of those aspects seriously because they really impact your business over the long term. Memberpress has everything built in and they have spent time thinking about this from a sellers point of view.

Pluspunten

Memberpress changed my life in a good way because it did everything automatically which was the dream scenario I always dreamt of having. Once you have a product or service then the only missing link is Memberpress to bring in the money - and it does that without my manual interaction.

Minpunten

Was not easy to customise the interface but after receiving support with a few hours I was guided on how to modify aspects of the plugin. I am not a coder so getting a non-techy response was very welcome. There could perhaps be some templates to select from in future versions to make this easier.

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

I don't want a mountain of menus - just simple point and click setups.

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

The support from Learndash was extremely poor and the flexibility of customisation is not a joyous experience to the non-techy. Learndash offers a lot but too complex to keep on top of. Memberpress does exactly what it says on the box!
Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Outstanding Features! Superb Support!

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2021

It solves the need of our organization with course and membership management. No plugin in WordPress yet can do such as of writing this review.

Pluspunten

The 2-in-1 feature of Course and Membership plugin for WordPress is very convenient for setting up our course site. The support is also outstanding and helps to solve the errors quickly.

Minpunten

The limitations in course completion. However integration with other features like gamepress is great

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

We need to purchase other license for course and membership plugin. So we stick with one plugin that can do both.

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

No need to purchase separate license for membership and course plugins
James

Amazing Customizable Membership Product

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2022

Pluspunten

I was previously on Kajabi but could not get that product to look exactly how I wanted it to. Nor could I get the function. However, I knew I could on my own site… but that left the problem of managing a membership and payment gateway. Enter here memberpress for the win! What a great solution that is straightforward to use and comes with so many amazing features like automatic emails, rules to guard content, and multiple membership options.

Minpunten

Testing the features after creating my membership took some time because it didn’t integrate with Stripe as easily as I’d like at first . The accounts would link but they didn’t communicate well enough to send off the test email.

However memberpress customer support was amazing in helping me trouble shoot this.

Kartra en Kajabi

See above

Kajabi

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Because it allowed me to customize the content exactly how I wanted it to on my site and then guard the content.