MemberPress

Sorteren op

Aaron
  • Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

All of the power and options, with much less hassle

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2020

MemberPress controls access to back office functions for contractor sales agents. It allows me to ensure that agents under contract have access to some parts of the site, agents who are no longer under contract but still have unsettled business can still access a smaller subset of the site, and agents considering entering a contractual relationship can be given person-specific access to a different discrete set of pages to help them make their decisions and fill out contract forms.

Pluspunten

I was able to set up MemberPress on a somewhat complicated WordPress multi-site setup with a minimum of issues (those that did crop up were my own fault). Configuring multiple membership levels and controlling access by membership level was well-explained and easy to implement. And it was, by far, the easiest of the membership plugins I experimented with to get set up to handle membership payments.

Minpunten

Processing payments on the visitor end was easy enough, but managing the payments on the back-end can be confusing. Automatic renewal is only possible via subscription payments, and I couldn't find a way to override this to facilitate entry of annual subscription payments received in other ways.

Jason
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great Membership Management System for your WordPress Website!

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2022

Great! Love the product for what it does. I recommend it to many people!

Pluspunten

Love how easy it is to set up and turn your WordPress website into a membership website.

Minpunten

One of the issues I found with their course creator. I was having some issues accessing the page (was showing error messages). As well, if you delete a lesson from the main course curriculum (rather than the right side lessons list), record of that page remains on the sitemap. I've received a 5xx server error from Google as a result. MAKE SURE YOU DELETE LESSONS FROM THE SIDE LESSONS LIST.

MemberMouse, Teachable en Kajabi

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

I wanted to build a membership site on my own platform. Patreon is where I started, but realized I would be spending a LOT in fees with the percentages Patreon takes from membership fees. MemberPress fit the bill for a WordPress MMS solution. Great product!

Patreon

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Because it was a plugin I could install and turn my existing website into a membership website. I didn't like hosting it on other platforms (Kajabi, Teachable) – as well, I like how it offered unmetered pricing. For example, MemberMouse tiers it at 1,000 members and increases the price based on that.
Katie
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Unless you have weeks to dedicate to setup or you're a coder - don't bother

Beoordeeld op 2-10-2020

I've spent DAYS asking support questions. They give the minimum answer with no real interest in helping to find a solution. If we weren't already in so deep, we'd move to a simpler, more user-friendly, platform.

Pluspunten

Ability to work with existing content in Wordpress

Minpunten

Horrible implementation and setup - especially for anyone with an existing membership.

Hello Katie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and Capterra community. Though it's always disappointing to learn that a customer has had a negative experience, we consider these times an opportunity to focus on how we can improve. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns, please contact us at [email protected] Again, thank you for your review, and we do hope that we can work together to find a solution to your problem.
Sincerely,
MemberPress Customer Support

Martin
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Small business owner

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2022

Pluspunten

Our Outsourced IT company say it is best so we go with it and we have yet to encounter a problem

Minpunten

Nothing. I like it a lot. Security of data is key for me

Brandon
  • Sector: Internet
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

MemberPress is the #1 Membership Plugin for WordPress

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

Setting up MemberPress can require you to know and understand a little bit about memberships sites. Once it's set up and configured, I usually don't have to tweak the settings at all. Everything just works. Creating protected content for a course is super easy now too.

Pluspunten

MemberPress allows me to set up basic membership sites as well as fully-customized membership experiences. The code under the hood includes WordPress hooks and filters so folks who are more technically minded can extend it to suit their needs. The new Course Management features allow you to create online classrooms for your users to view a stylish version of your course content. It's quick and easy to build out your course content with without having to worry about spending time customizing layouts .

Minpunten

Some of the UI is a little clunky. One of the reasons it's been around for so long is because its functionality is robust. Because it's been around for so many years, some of its UI feels a little out of date. They are continually making improvements so this doesn't bother me.

MemberMouse en LearnDash

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

MemberPress has the best support team. They're responsive, knowledgeable, and helpful. MemberPress also has some advanced add-ons that lets my team create unique and usfule membership platforms for our clients.
Joe

Fantastic Piece of Software

Beoordeeld op 30-8-2021

Memberpress offers a much cheaper way to offer an LMS to my client's customers without the subscription requirements that popular all-in-one websites use.

Pluspunten

I purchased this software on behalf of my client, looking to move away from a subscription-based learning management system and host their own. Memberpress offered everything they required (and more) from a full Learning Management System. Setup was extremely easy and was installed on the WordPress site in a matter of minutes. There's great customisation, a whole library of plugins to add additional functionality, and integrates great with other popular software such as MailChimp, Elementor and Stripe. Even features like automatic PDF generation for customer purchases increases the automation and means myself / my client needs to spend less time interacting with the system - which is a bonus in both our eyes. I'm looking forward to continually develop and work with my client with Memberpress and look forward to suggesting it as my go-to software for any future LMS projects.

Minpunten

There's nothing I don't like. Perhaps, as a suggestion, there could be some preset styles for the member's account dashboard in WordPress. Although it's functional and works perfectly, it's perhaps a bit basic in design. It can be easily customised with some HTML and CSS but this takes time and therefore presets would help with the design process.

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Memberpress sounded like a more, well-rounded plugin that offered more functionality for the price paid.
Matt

Flexible and Extensive Membership Payment and Portal Solution

Beoordeeld op 28-6-2021

We are able to allow new users to sign up, we get paid and can kick off automated scripts that talk to our other website management systems in a streamlined way. Renewals are easy.

Pluspunten

Extremely flexible due to its deep integration with WordPress. Makes it very easy to brand and pull into their API to meet our own needs. Excellent support and stable.

Minpunten

Some nuances in how their code is written and how it works with WordPress that takes time to learn. Can be difficult to add new user subscriptions or upgrade as an admin due to the subscriptions using native Stripe subscriptions - we get why it was done this way though.

MemberMouse

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

It seemed the most stable with less clunky code and good support.
Jim Briant
  • Sector: E-learning

The ONLY one

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2020

The best solution for subscription type e-learning or for restricting your content. Sadly it is a little bit hard to customize if you’re new to this and the design with regards to payment methods or log in are flat “boring”. The courses “new feature”, needs a lot of things to improve, I don’t even know how to use it and I can’t use elementor with it and has no quizzes available yet. There is also not enough guide on how to use it, the guy from youtube is confusing. Overall with regards to content protection I love it. I forgot to mention, some customers who request for password reset don’t receive any reply - again maybe I don’t know how to set it up.

Pluspunten

I really love the access restrictions, wherein you can select any content that you want to block.

Minpunten

The new feature “Courses” needs at lot of improvement and also need more guide on how to use it.

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Cause they say it is the best and it is the first one that I ever used, but I haven’t tried Leardash yet.
Rebecca
  • Sector: Diergeneeskunde

Great for non-coders

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

I originally purchased WooCommerce and had a lot of trouble trying to configure it for use with memberships. It required several add-on purchases. And then still was not compatible with my WordPress Theme (despite claiming to be, and this conclusion came from the Authorize IT help group). Whereas WooCommerce customer service was horrible, extremely slow to receive replies, often replies were irrelevant, and where relevant required coding experience to understand/implement...Memberpress Customer service was amazing. Setup was easy without support; however, I wanted to do a few things with memberships that were non-traditional They were very quick with help, and it was very easy to understand, and included screenshots and instructions. It was clear that it was worth the money and effort to make the switch to Memberpress. If they fully integrated with Stripe to allow use of Apple Pay, I'd say it was perfect for what I needed/wanted.

Pluspunten

Ease of use (I am not in the computer field and do not code, and it was simple to set up)
Designed specifically for Memberships

Minpunten

Doesn't fully integrate with Stripe (e.g., cannot use Apple Pay, cannot customize Stripe invoices)

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Muziek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

MemberPress Courses is the best out there

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2021

Overall it's great once I got it working right with WooCommerce. There are things that can be improved but nothing is a problem right now where it's too negatively affecting the experience.

Pluspunten

The Courses addon is the main draw for me. It looks the best and is simple to use for the user.

Minpunten

It's lack of good integration with WooCommerce. I have to use a 3rd party automation service to connect MemberPress Courses with my WooCommerce store and it's still, not a problem-free solution. I wish they made real WooCommerce integration.

Joseph
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

Robust membership plugin

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

Very smooth experience

Pluspunten

It's effortless to use. I just follow the videos and instructions on setting up certain features. It has most of the things we want for a membership plugin. If I stumble into a problem, their support department is very much willing to help, and they answer at once. The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Minpunten

The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. There's a bit of complication when using a caching plugin and CDN service with this. You have to remember to follow the instructions if you do have those plugins to help improve the website's performance as it can provide some frustrations. Clearing the cache is always the key to resolving issues.

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

It provides a lower price point than LearnDash, it has better reviews and more features.
Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

Great Membership platform for WordPress

Beoordeeld op 1-1-2022

It’s great! Can’t recommend them enough.

Pluspunten

Easy to get set up and running with. Well priced, and works well with WordPress! Very happy with MemberPress software!

Minpunten

Some hiccups with the course builder. But that could be issues with the integration with the theme on our end. Overall, the MemberPress team has build a great product.

MemberMouse en Kajabi

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

Make a more professional membership site.

Patreon

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Well priced, highly reviewed, and good integrations.
Mark
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Up and running in less than an hour!

Beoordeeld op 28-5-2020

So far so good. Someone suggested I try another, less expensive option for my membership site, but everything is working so well with MemberPress that I didn't think the money I would save was worth the trouble.

Pluspunten

MemberPress was so simple to set up. I indicated what pages were to be protected. Set up the various membership levels. Integrated it with the Stripe payment portal. In less than an hour, I was done and people were signing up.

Minpunten

It took me a few tries to figure out the membership levels, but that's not really a fault of MemberPress. It was more me trying to do things too fast and missing steps in the documentation.

WishList Member

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Honestly? It was your Black Friday sale that got me to purchase. I've been happy ever since.
Libby
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

MemberPress takes it for the win!

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

So far the experience has been stellar! They answered questions quickly while we were setting it up and we have had no hiccups or issues with memberships processing properly.

Pluspunten

What I like most about this software is how easy it was to set up and implement it and the fact that you can set it and forget it. Customer support is fantastic and out of all the software we researched this one had the most to provide us for both settings and integrations with other plugins. We have already paid for this software from our memberships sold!

Minpunten

There are not too many features missing, although for future developement it would be nice to see some expanding referral/affiliate options.

aMember Pro en AffiliateWP

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Most of the alternatives didn't have the complete settings we needed. MemberPress also offers competitive pricing for multiple sites.
Ross
  • Sector: Sport

Memberpress Best Platform For Subscription Sites

Beoordeeld op 23-10-2020

My business has traditionally required me to travel the globe and teach horsemanship. But in these times of covid 19, that's not possible. Memberpress has enabled me to earn income by attracting subscribers to my web site to view video and other forms of content. It's been a very rewarding experience and has helped build a community of my students.

Pluspunten

Memberpress has all the features I need in a subscription platform and integrates easily with Wordpress. There are a lot of great tutorials and information on the site for first-time users like me and the support team are timely and very helpful.

Minpunten

As a non-tech person I'd like to see more flexibility in customising the inbuilt pages (eg Unauthorised page) using a visual builder rather than code

Podia

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Memberpress is a much more powerful and flexible platform.
Ginger
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2021

Good

Pluspunten

tracking members for recurring revenue. .

Minpunten

Account page. Not user friendly for customers to find their purchases.

Kajabi

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

I wanted to build a wordpress site. I didn't want to use another platform.
Daniel
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

The most robust and sensibly designed of the wordpress membership plugins

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2017

Robust wordpress membership platform which we use for delivery of paid courses and learning management.

Acts as a complex framework on which you can build a very elaborate membership site rich in features and with quite customisable behaviour.

Pluspunten

It doesn't take over your installation and hog the wordpress admin like many plugins do. It keeps itself in its own section and has a reasonable number of settings.

Memberpress should really be considered a membership framework upon which you can assemble a versatile range of membership and subscription based sites rather than an out of the box product, i.e. there's still a lot of work to do yourself but memberpress will help you more than it will cause headaches, and that is not always the case with wordpress membership plugins.

Really fantastic rule making section means that you can create things like tag and category restrictions or take it to a whole level of complexity and control by restricting custom post types and taxonomies. The latter approach is excellent for those combining this with custom fields and really customising the admin panel heavily.

Integrations are not endless but are well considered and usually best of class i.e. Stripe, Paypal, Mailchimp, Drip etc...

Minpunten

Because it's a framework really, it is possible to use memberpress badly if you are not an experienced wordpress developer. Not making good rules for restriction and relying on per page restriction for example can set you up for a messy future and makes you very dependent on memberpress.

The forms and payment workflow could be nicer.

The user self-service section needs some work although it can be styled with CSS. it would be nice if the defaults were a bit more modern and adapted a bit better to themes.

More action based hooks would be useful to make a very customisable membership signup and upgrade flow.

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate it! We're committed to constant improvement, and reviews like yours help us to accomplish that. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or additional concerns. Thanks, again!

Levi
  • Sector: Human Resources

(Almost) Everything you need

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2021

MemberPress is almost the perfect tool for setting up a membership based website. It leverages all of Wordpress's native functionality and extends it in understandable and powerful ways. Installation was one click to install the plugin and around an hour to understand and configure all of the options. The price is reasonable and the support (when needed) has been responsive.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the add-ons provided by MemberPress are included in the price. No nickel and dime upcharges every time you need to add functionality.

While the Courses module did not meet our needs, it is great to see the Memberpress team working to refine and expand the capabilities of MemberPress. It is also refreshing to see that they seem to have formed genuine partnerships with the other products they integrate with (LearnDash, Affiliate Royale, WP-SMTP to name a few). These are not bolted-on integrations. They are robust and well documented by both MemberPress and the third-party provider.

Pluspunten

The purchase and setup process was painless. Configuration was quite involved but the layout of the admin interface and the documentation made this very straightforward. The number of integrations available makes this a solid foundation for our online paid content.

We are using several integrations but most notable among them are the S3 plugin which let us protect our video content from an AWS storage bucket. This was something I hadn't even considered when selecting MemberPress. But as soon as I realized my oversite, there was a knowledgebase article and some great documentation. 30 minutes later, the problem was solved.

Minpunten

We had originally purchased MemberPress to act as a Learning Management System (LMS) but we found the newly added Courses module to be too simplistic for our needs. Fortunately, there is a robust integration with several LMS tools including LearnDash. Once we realized that Courses wasn't going to be the answer for us, it took less than an afternoon to pivot to LearnDash. Both tools have great documentation on how to setup the two systems to work together and we were able to launch on schedule.

jason
  • Sector: Computersoftware

MemberPress Review 2022

Beoordeeld op 13-4-2022

I enjoy working with this tool because of the flexibility and comfort it provides. Would recommend trying it for yourself.

Pluspunten

I own a couple of private course websites, one on internet marketing and the other on HTML. These membership websites were mounted using member press. This plugin empowers content creators with a lot of helpful features to protect and monetize their hard work.

It's true it's not perfect, however, I haven't found better elsewhere. It's just easy to use and completely transforms your website into a nice-looking membership website.

I use the course features because it provides wide content accessibility which I find useful for my visitors. In 2020 we made more than $18,000 from our membership sites with over 32,000 students enrolled. Although this may not be a lot, it's an accomplishment and I'm very proud of that.

Minpunten

Based on pricing, I think they should provide more modern stylish templates that will logically amend their subscription charges. Not every user is code-savvy and might tend to bounce back if the appearance does not match their intents.

I, in particular, do not appreciate the quality of form styling they offer.

Ryan
  • Sector: Internet
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Beats any other Member Option for WordPress I've seen

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2021

Overall, it's the best membership plugin (for paid memberships) that I've found for WordPress. Like any software, there are minor things I wish it did differently, but most importantly, for our clients, they have been very happy with it as well -- something I definitely can't say about every WP Plugin we've used for sure!

Pluspunten

The implementation of this software is hands-down better than any other membership plugin(s) for WordPress. The setup and configuration was probably almost half the time it's taken for the main competitor that we've used in the past. In addition the features ate at least on par, if not significantly better than others without nickel and diming you to death for every requirement. Of course there are several paid addons, but they seem to be for truly specialized circumstances.

Minpunten

The think that we had the hardest time with is for sure importing existing members, subscriptions and transactions, though it really wasn't too bad. Once you understand the exact way that they need the csv files formatted (and the instructions are pretty easy to follow) it can be done pretty painlessly -- it's that csv setup that takes forever, though, and I'm not sure of a way around it. For sure the most frustrating part of this was the inability (as far as I could see) to turn off notifications during an import. Even though I had everything shut off, the admin account of was still getting bombarded with "new account created" emails.

Eric
  • Sector: Online media

MemberPress easy for Membership

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2021

Pluspunten

Very easy to set up even though it is very robust.

Minpunten

Sometimes I can't find check boxes and I have to search around for them. A system tree that is searchable would be nice.

Wild Apricot

Redenen om voor MemberPress te kiezen

Drip option and more tools

Wild Apricot

Amanda

Good Solution for Membership Website

It’s been great so far!

Pluspunten

This software integrates easily in Wordpress websites. While the UI is a little challenging, the software is very feature-rich.

Minpunten

The transaction vs subscription relationship is confusing. Also, the lack of built in directory feature.

YourMembership en Salesforce Sales Cloud

Cost and integration limitations

Cost and integration

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. If you'd like assistance understanding the transaction/subscription relationship, please feel free to submit your questions to [email protected] Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Ryan
  • Sector: Architectuur en planning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best wordpress plug-in for membership sites

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

Because I adopted this paid membership option to my site I have taken my hobby into a steady side business. Definately recommend giving memberpress a try.

Pluspunten

For a non-recurring payment software that also will not take a cut of the earnings, this may be the best option out there. ALSO technical support is top of the line. I have had a few snags while setting up a custom theme and I get a response right away, even a personal video tutorial in one instance. The team also recommended a third party developer to do some custom integration and that has gone great.

Minpunten

The admin areas are a little challenging at first, but this is largely because it must work within the Wordpress interface.

Eric
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

UX Designer

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2021

Pluspunten

It's very intuitive to set up and has all the features I need. The docs and customer support are excellent.

Minpunten

There isn't anything major I don't like about this software.

WooCommerce

Redenen om over te stappen op MemberPress

Seemed to best fit my needs.
Dan
  • Sector: Meubels

Top membership software

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2020

Main benefit is it keeps everything in one place, easy to manage and create unlimited subscriptions. I'm really happy with the product and service. As my business grows it will also allow me to add more subs packages, which is great to know for the future.

Pluspunten

Ease of use and all the tutorial videos that come with it explain everything to set up easily. The layout, functions and software management have been great so far. Experienced no issues other than creating corporate accounts, which I needed to upgrade for. Haven't used all features yet but looking forward to using the download content option to protect. Really useful feature for digital publications.

Minpunten

Nothing so far! (Maybe include the corporate membership option in basic for beginners).