Final Draft

Software for creating, editing, and sharing script drafts

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Best collaborative writing

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2021

I have used Final Draft as a student and then on some companies where I worked. On my new job this is the software we use for every script and I find it so comfortable and easy to use and to send the new versions. Is great to collaborate specially when developing tv scripts, I like the option to track the changes and the beat cards.

Pluspunten

Final Draft is the best option when you are a professional writer. Even there are other softwares Final Draft is the one if you are working on the film or tv industry as most proffesionals and producers tend to use this one. The new version is great and the options to write along a colleague and see changes on real time is what I love the most.

Minpunten

I think is a little expensive for the ones that are just starting. Is not that much intuitive you need to learn trough the practice, but anyways there are plenty of tutorials on their site

Overwogen alternatieven

StudioBinder en Celtx

Redenen om voor Final Draft te kiezen

Final Draft is the software that the industry uses as standar and that makes it easier to collaborate

Overgestapt van

Celtx

Redenen om over te stappen op Final Draft

Because this is a one payment license and also because it is the standar, also I can use it on my two computers.
Mike J.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Final Draft is the best screenwriting program - if it's within your budget.

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2022

I love using Final Draft. Unfortunately I don't use it enough to validate spending the money for it but it is definitely the best screenwriting program on the market.

Pluspunten

The flawless integration and various exports are the best features. This program makes it so easy to keep tracking of ideas and completed acts.

Minpunten

The price is least attractive thing here as the program itself works great.

• Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Once the standard for screenwriting, but now...

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

I find Final Draft fairly easy to use, but given that there are competitors out there that do the same things at a fraction of the cost of Final Draft make it hard to justify purchasing this software

Pluspunten

Final Draft offers ease in writing scripts without having to worry about formatting.

Minpunten

It’s overpriced, for starters. It’s distinguishing features from comparable competitors aren’t really game changing features, especially in this day and age. For example, it’s collaboration tools for writing partners just isn’t all that compelling when compared to other similar offerings. Having features like this integrated isn’t really a plus here.

Rabee I.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The only writing software you need

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2021

Overall, I would not make a switch to another software. I have tried a couple of free writing software, and we have to pay about $100 or sometimes a little more for Final Draft but it is the best software out there and makes our life very easy without us having to worry about anything.

Pluspunten

I have tried a couple of screenwriting software, but this is pretty much the industry standard, and for a good reason. The Final Draft allows you to just begin writing as soon as you open it without us having to worry about the format. Not to mention the other features like notes taking and working with different drafts of the same scripts is extremely easy. A very user-friendly software.

Minpunten

In some of the older versions, the ability to collaborate with other writers to work on the same project together is not very possible. However, they did change that in the recently updated versions. Sometimes, we are constantly required to update in order to enjoy the new features in the updated versions, which can be sometimes very costly. But if we just want a standard writing software that is used industry-wise, then Final Draft does the job very well.

Bryn H.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Streamlined Imagination at Your Fingertips

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2021

Used this personally in film school and then professionally for plays, screenplays, and comics.

Pluspunten

The ease of use and non-existent learning curve of this software makes someone getting into play writing or screenwriting feel entirely comfortable. The intuitive functionality of this software makes writing an absolute dream. When on a roll, having your muse screaming in your ear, it will often be hard to keep up but shortcuts and keystrokes of the software can match any speed serendipity.

Minpunten

You pay for what you get and that carries with it a high price tag whereby upgrades to newer software isn't included. My advice is to spend money on a community college film/tv writing course and then use that to get an education discount on Final Draft by linking the school email address to your software registration. You will break even with price and have more of a reason to write now that you're forced to in a class.

Mack B.
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Screenwriting Made Easy

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2021

My overall experience has been great because at the end of the day, it's how well you write, and what you can put out, that wins over the customer service and software issues. I find that once I'm on a plan, Final Draft is the go-to software for screenwriting, and it lasts for some time.

Pluspunten

I liked its ease of use most, thanks to a friendly user interface and fill-in-the-blank feature that finishes headers and character names for you. I also like the layout in that it emphasizes the white on the page, and subconsciously I believe that's a good indicator to the writer to write less, not more. Final Draft also has a number of ancillary features such as notes or trackers to help you progress, which, while not entirely necessary, is always a good thing to have in the backpocket when writing.

Minpunten

I did not like the customer service and subscription plan for Final Draft. It's hard to get a hold of them--at least it was for me--or get their help in applying older versions of Final Draft that were already paid for to new computers. Final Draft's software updates at too fast a rate for me to keep up and I don't appreciate paying for new plans or adjusting old ones every time they do.

• Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Buggy on Windows machines

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2021

Despite the weird issues, I'll keep using it. Not only will I use it, I plan to buy an imac mini when I have the money so I can use it without all the bug issues. Overall it's good software, just wish they'd work out the issues on Windows.

Pluspunten

It's the industry standard so there are a lot of people to ask for help when I get stuck. There are also a lot of videos online.

Minpunten

It can be very buggy on windows. Apparently these issues don't happen on the Mac version. For instance, if my friend edits a FD file while using two monitors and sends it to me, the file won't show up because it's on a second monitor that doesn't exist. Talk about a weird bug!

Samuel C.
  • Sector: Omroepen
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

FINAL DRAFT REVIEW

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2021

All in all it is the best writing app I have used so far. It's flexible and user friendly interface makes it a very good software.

Pluspunten

Features on final draft are very easy to use. When I first purchased the software it took me less than a day to be conversant with it and its features. Also it allows you to import a screenplay that was typed with another app in a text form. Lastly it gives you the flexibility to work on two or more projects at a time and that helps in revision a project or adaptation.

Minpunten

However, what I dont like is the fact that it is not available on google play store. It is although available on IOS. Also, the software is expensive. Lastly, it work better on pc's with good specs.

Monica W.
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

My Final Draft Review

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020

There are many different professional templates (for television, novel, musical theatre, etc.) that can be used depending on the need. Overall it's a great writing app.

Pluspunten

Final Draft is easy to use, it's a great writing app. It automatically fills in the names of characters, which makes things go along smoothly. I like the many different templates to use.

Minpunten

It's a little expensive. The price of the software is a little high, but it can be installed on two computers which makes collaboration possible. The other issue is the work has to be saved quite frequently.

Osarumwense I.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Anders Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Final Draft, a recommended for beginners?

Beoordeeld op 30-5-2021

It's a great app for professionals, not beginners.
As a beginner, it's more advisable to try cheaper screenwriting softwares.
But as a professional, once you start using final draft, you would want to switch to other products.

Pluspunten

The intuitive interface, and it's easy to navigate.
Moreover, it's the Industry standard for screenwriting. You write while it handles the formatting. You don't have to stress yourself over formatting a script, anymore.

Minpunten

It is too expensive for beginner's screenwriters.
Aside that, nothing else to like least about final draft.

• Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Not for me

Beoordeeld op 11-5-2021

It frustrated me to no end. I did not find it very user friendly in the slightest and definitely could not justify the cost based on my experiences with it.

Pluspunten

Honestly, I can't really think of anything that I truly liked about the software. Maybe the board beats section?

Minpunten

It was confusing to me to figure out how to use it. I've heard of people using it for books as well as screen scripts so I was hoping it would work for what I needed instead I wanted to beat my head through a wall trying to figure out the simplest tasks.

Anthony P.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Industry standard, but lots of room for growth

Beoordeeld op 6-4-2021

Pluspunten

It has literally everything one needs for film production from outlining to postproduction.

Minpunten

For a lot of people, it's super buggy and crashes regularly.

Skyler B.
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Best screenwriting software - The Industry Standard

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2022

Pluspunten

Final Draft is easy to use with no learning curve. You can get started screenwriting within minutes. The software is highly intuitive, so that you can focus on your story, rather than wasting time with formatting.
Shortcuts allow you to remain the flow once inspiration strikes. The customer service experience is exceptional and the best I have ever dealt with for any software.

Minpunten

It is more expensive than other screenwriting software, but you get what you pay for. It is the industry standard and the only thing you need besides a laptop to pursue a screenwriting career.

Anna Y.
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Accessible, professional

Beoordeeld op 27-1-2021

As an emerging screenwriter, I am happy to use the same software that the industry professionals use and that is it accessible.

Pluspunten

Upon purchase, I was worried it would take me a while to figure out how to use Final Draft, however, it was fairly straightforward. Its formatting is intuitive as you type and hit "enter."

Minpunten

You will need to manually correct formatting when you are typing out a list and certain headings. Had to research a solve through a youtube tutorial.