Windscribe

Browse the web privately as it was meant to be.

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

• Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Must Have App

Beoordeeld op 26-1-2020

Sometimes you may be browsing and you may not want service providers to be able to track your browsing. Windscribe makes it very easy to maximize privacy and with a very ease to navigate interface allows you to browse with comfort and ease. Many different locations to choose from and you do not have to sacrifice internet speed

Pluspunten

The windscribe app is very user friendly and since I use Chrome browser there is a very convenient browser extension

Minpunten

To really maximize Windscribe you will have to purchase a subscription. Thankfully you can purchase monthly, yearly, and even 2 or 3 yrs worth of subscriptions. Pricing is affordable and occasionally there are promo codes to help even more.

Redenen om over te stappen op Windscribe

Windscribe was more affordable and had better reviews
Satyabrata G.

It's a quality VPN even when you use the Free Version

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2022

I feel that as a quality VPN, Windscribe is fast and actually works. My experience is very good with this VPN, and I've been using it for a while, almost every day.

Pluspunten

First of all, for most basic users, this is a good VPN even if you don't purchase a license. Just by registering on their portal, they give you 10 GB Monthly bandwidth. Which shall be enough for a normal user. Additionally, they give you an option to choose from 10 free server locations. Their speed is very decent. I've tried a few other VPNs, like the Fastest VPN, CyberGhost, and a few others as well. What I've seen with those VPNs is that either they don't offer you to select a server based on your preference or their speed is terrible or there is a waiting period for free users to get access. Some even have a daily data limit. Windscibe is none of that. I get a VPN to access any time of the day, and I get the most decent speed and an option to choose a server from the available locations. Loved it.

Minpunten

A feel that sometimes this VPN causes some network connection in my computer. Like, I can't access normal internet without activating the VPN. Sometimes when I run this VPN, it takes a lot of Memory and CPU. I've deactivated it from the startup server times, but it almost always starts with the windows. Whenever I encounter a weird network-related issue, I just uninstall it and Install it again to solve the issue.

Redenen om voor Windscribe te kiezen

First of all, I bought Fastest VPN from StackSocial. However, the speed was terrible. FastestVPN even asked me to pay another $2 per month to get access to their premium servers. I felt like being cheated by this company. FastestVPN windows software also crashed a few times. CyberGhostVPN free version is extremely limited and with tons of limitations.

CyberGhost VPN

Redenen om over te stappen op Windscribe

As I mentioned before, you get a lot of features absolutely free of cost with Windscribe, for which you would certainly have to pay a lot of money elsewhere. The decision was pretty easy. Service is good and support is even better. Wasn't a hard decision to switch at all.
Emily O.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Windscribe is a VPN with very fast connection speed but few locations

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2020

In the organization, we use Windscribe to test our services and web pages from different locations and verify that they work correctly and at stable speeds.

Pluspunten

I like Windscribe because it is a VPN with very fast loading and unloading servers. I also like it because it is available for multiple platforms, like Windows, Linux, or iOS. The graphical interface is very interactive and simple. It has an internet blocker that is very useful in case there are disconnections.

Minpunten

Unfortunately Windscribe doesn't have many locations available. I also dislike that the price is a little high.

Marcos C.
  • Sector: Entertainment
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

The Best Free VPN Service, And Yet Worth Paying For

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2021

Windwscribe is easy to use, the free servers are fast, and if you spend a bit if time, you can get a pretty plentiful allowance. Understandably, if you want to unlock all of the features, such as Netflix-specific servers, you'll have to pay. But even then, the rates are extremely competitive.

Pluspunten

Windscribe is, by far and away, the best free VPN I've ever used. And it's so good, I've decided to pay for it, too. The free service is more than enough for most people, though. Taking advantage of some promotions, I was able to get a 15GB monthly allowance, which was sufficient for my work needs. The speeds were fantastic, too, even on the free servers. It's super easy to use regardless of which device you have.

Minpunten

The free servers do not work with Netflix specifically, but they do work with other streaming providers. Your mileage might vary, but if Netflix is what you're after, then you'll most likely have to opt for a paid plan.

Aydin T.
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Overall review

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2021

Pluspunten

a stable vpn application that is free, fast and offers the opportunity to connect to many locations. The connection speeds are high and the delay is very low, the best part is developers are so funny :)

Minpunten

I think the application does not have any bad features, they can only add a little more locations that can be connected as a recommendation.

Zachary V.
  • Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging

Windscribe Is Amazing

Beoordeeld op 19-5-2019

Ive been using windscribe on all of my devices for almost 2 years now and overall am very satisfied. It is actually the one vpn i always select over the competition.

Pluspunten

The ease of setup and regular use was EXTREMELY user friendly. Great pricing. Awesome speed.

Minpunten

Could use more servers. Needs better affiliate program.

HMA en NordVPN

Redenen om over te stappen op Windscribe

pricing with Windscribe was much more affordable.
Joshua M.
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

A Great Option For Chromebooks

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019

Overall, I have had a positive experience and have considered buying the 2 year service option.

Pluspunten

I use this software with a Chromebook and it works great! It integrates right into the bottom left toolbar for ease of access without even having to open the app. The best way to run it is to download the Android app version onto your Chromebook so that it protects all traffic, rather than just the Chrome browser extension, which just covers the traffic happening on the browser itself. Overall, in my personal experience, Windscribe has rivaled the best in VPN services for features.

Minpunten

Slightly slower than the top VPN providers in my experience, but this is highly subjective.

Solomon P.
  • Sector: Detailhandel

Windscribe is amazing

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2022

Very positive experience overall

Pluspunten

I liked that I can top up a few dollars to access a VPN in any part in the world

Minpunten

Sometimes the connection to several VPNs (Eg Japan) are quite slow for video streaming

Ahmed M.

Good VPN for home use

Beoordeeld op 24-3-2022

To summarise, this service is a great solution for streaming, but in most other areas it is not able to compete with other top VPN services.

Pluspunten

I'm using this VPN since 2020 and I really liked the unique features it has to offer and which I really enjoyed using like:
- Easy to use (simple interface)
- Good free plan
- Sometimes promo codes are distributed on the network
- killswitch and Canadian jurisdiction

Minpunten

The only serious downside for me was the speed, the results are much worse than I could have expected. However, if you haven't tried a VPN before, I sincerely encourage you to do so!

Mykel M.
  • Sector: Animatie
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Windscribe Review

Beoordeeld op 28-5-2022

it has been good so far. it hasn't failed me and I have no need to seek out an alternative

Pluspunten

I like that I can set firewall to block unwanted ads and website from popping up while browsing. Using Windscribe give a sense of security.

Minpunten

Some feature weren't readily available to be changed on computer version.

Topik ..
  • Sector: Computersoftware

Windscribe is THE best VPN, hands down, no question

Beoordeeld op 28-1-2019

Windscribe has never let me down. It is a great VPN that everybody should be using.

Pluspunten

In short, speed, reliability, safety, generosity, and convenience. If you would like to know why, keep reading.
When it comes to speed, Windscribe is a cheetah racing deer. Windscribe delivers the fastest speeds compared to the competition. Before Windscribe, I hesitated to use VPNs at all due to how much it slowed down my connection. You either had to sacrifice security or speed. With Windscribe, no sacrifices are needed. Not even to your wallet. If you don’t use VPNs much or don’t want to spend money on a VPN, Windscribe’s free tier works amazingly great. With the free tier alone, you get a good amount of locations at a fast speed with a 15GB per month cap. If you upgrade, you unlock even faster speeds and a total of 57 locations. Giving away such a great free tier really shows what Windscribe is all about. One of the most unique aspects of Windscribe is it’s generous referral system. If you refer a friend to Windscribe using your affiliate link, you and your friend both get an extra gigabyte added to your monthly plan. The best part is, if your friend decides to get Windscribe Pro, you also get it. And that counts for anybody that you invite. If they upgrade to Pro, you get the exact same plan for the exact same time. No charge to you. Seems great, right? Well, there’s one more thing. If you have lots of computers and not a lot of money, you can upgrade your account by mining Monero. The more you mine, the more credits you get. Once you hit a certain n

Minpunten

I really am a happy customer with Windscribe. To this day, I haven't had any issues at all.

Yury K.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I use Windscribe VPN for a long time and this program has proven to be on the good side.

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2018

This VPN allows you to use the Internet without worrying that the data can get to the provider. It will easily unlock websites blocked in the country, as well as allow to use services unavailable in the country. All servers support anonymous torrent download and nobody will know about it.
If you want to access is banned in your region site to block tracking activity and make sure that your actions are not logged by the ISP, then VPN Windscribe is a great choice. Windscribe VPN has a high level of protection and is easy to use.

Pluspunten

Windscribe VPN is a secure VPN service designed for anonymous surfing on the web and circumventing regional restrictions when visiting blocked sites and allows you to absolutely anonymously visit pages on the Internet without the risk of tracking advertising modules.
Windscribe VPN has an easy to use VPN client, convenient, modern and intuitive interface.
In the desktop application developed built-in feature of the firewall that allow you to disable all connections that are established not through the VPN. Thus, Windscribe VPN provides an extra layer of protection, preventing leakage of your real IP address.
The program offers three different connection modes that use different ports to circumvent any limitations of your Internet service providers.
Windscribe VPN does not store any logs about the connection.
Connection of the selected server takes a few seconds. There is a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, which allows you to hide information about your browser, remove ads from the site, remove social buttons, remove tracking on sites and so on.
If necessary, you can create secure links.
I like that they have servers in many countries of the world, and even in Libya.
Windscribe VPN is a cross-platform service for computers, browsers, mobile phones, TV, routers, NAS and torrent clients
Windscribe VPN has an unlimited number of connections and you can use one account for all family members.

Minpunten

When installing simultaneous connections from two locations can seriously slow down the speed of the Internet.
Sometimes, when you disable the service, my real IP address is not restored for some time, even after the restart. Shows the subsidiary provider. We have to wait a while.
The big cost of a lifetime license.

• Sector: Internet

The best vpn

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2019

I feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don’t need to lose time on setups.

Pluspunten

It is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.

Minpunten

Really don’t see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.

Redenen om voor Windscribe te kiezen

Better service, better price.

TunnelBear

Price.
Eduardo C.
  • Sector: Pakket- en goederenbezorging
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

The true anonymity

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019

I have a very positive experience with windscribe. Being able to access different IP addresses allows me to get better purchase prices for my clients. In addition, it allows me to enter pages that are normally blocked. I must emphasize that the connection speed is very good.

Pluspunten

It is an effective software, change your ip address instantly without generating connection problems. It has a wide range of geographical addresses which has helped me greatly in my work to get the best prices and products for my clients. The customer service is immediate and at the request of a new address act quickly

Minpunten

More than a counter, I consider it a point to improve. Even, I consider it a kind of utopia for this type of software. In my personal experience, I would like that Windscribe can be anchored to several browsers, including browser windows, and that in each one it can offer a different ip address. This would improve my times incredibly.

NordVPN, IPVanish en Norton Secure VPN

Redenen om voor Windscribe te kiezen

Nordvpn on occasion turned slow

Redenen om over te stappen op Windscribe

I saw a review of the product
Debjit B.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Be anonymous, hide ad's and browse safely.

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2018

I love the idea of anonymously and ads blocker in one package, it stops ads before it loads and saves you bandwidth cost. It doesn't need any special configuration and has an android app, which includes with your account costs, so you can secure your pc and your phone at same time. It helps to hide your true identity and give flexibility of going anonymous with one click.

Pluspunten

f you are fade up with ads and cookies are hunting you then this VPN and Ads blocker will help you a lot. I use it to purchase and hide from local firewall. It is really when you found you cannot access your own account in file storage website which you used to share big files, even it is your own created/shot videos. I use this VPN to bypass this awkward situation and access my files. It does not keeps track of my browser's history and give the anonymity. Even when I shop online websites track me and show me different prices for different places. The adblocker works fine all ads on video site is blocked and I can see any video without any ads.

Minpunten

It sometimes lags very much and doesn't load at peak time. When changing the server on the fly sometimes it stops working and needs to be restart and breaks all my connections.

• Sector: Marketing en reclame

Easy to Use VPN Service with Vast Amount of Servers

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019

Pluspunten

With security being of our top priorities in our office, we have Windscribe installed on each one of our office computers. While it would be reasonable to think that any VPN would have a massive effect on the connection quality to our computers, with Windscribe that effect is minimal to non-existent. They have an extensive server farm that ensures that regardless of your location, you will be able to connect to a server that is within a short distance, especially in the United States.

Minpunten

One thing that can be frustrating at times, is the feature on the software that is supposed to connect your device to the closest possible server. This feature, at times, can fail to connect to the closest server but this typically happens when using a mobile device that is consistently connecting to different cell towers. While the effect of connecting to a slightly further server is small, it can get quite annoying to have to manually select the best server location.

IPVanish en TunnelBear

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

My favortie VPN on the list

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019

Simply awesome the ui is good, the connection is fast, the speed is top notch, plenty of locations to choose from, etc just say a nice location they don't have in thier list but on top of all the support is outstanding.

Pluspunten

Seriously, there is not even a function i can say i don't like or don't use, there is ROBERT and autopilot that can connect to a nearest server with best connectivity in real time, manual server selection is so wide sometimes i feel its much more advanced then any other VPN services out there. Been using it since 2 years with no complaints so far better then any other i have used till now.

Minpunten

nothing, simply there is nothing i don't like, but if i have to say i would say its much more advanced and much more useful then its competitors sometime its feel like ruling and not giving them any chance to grow at all.

• Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great VPN, especially for the price.

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

Port forwarding helps with accessing work remotely, privacy, seeding for shared projects. Convenient when wanting privacy while working remotely.

Pluspunten

It's a simple and straight-forward VPN. I love that the account spans mobile use and is supported on all major platforms, and the package offerings for the price at the time were incredible. I love some of their security features (R.O.B.E.R.T is handy) and ability to block unsavory content/distractions. Port forwarding option is also convenient. Running across multiple ("unlimited") devices is extremely convenient. Always connects for me, great speeds (a majority of the time). Pretty great security. Strict no logging policy, I have a lot more faith in Windscribe than many competitors.

The company also has a great sense of humor.

Minpunten

Fairly minimal in feature set past the initial "this is a VPN" situation. Occasions where some applications suffer from iffier download speeds. Haven't been able to use for foreign Netflix or other services, though this wasn't my intention for use. Static IP purchase is separate.

Danny V.
  • Sector: Internet
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Excellent software to stay anonymous

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019

The experience I've had with windscribe has been positive, my privacy is always protected and I can connect to public Wi-Fi without having to be afraid of hackers. Now I can visit web pages that are blocked in my country and without noticeably slowing down the browsing speed. As the Pro plan is quite accessible, I was able to hire it and benefit from all the tools offered by Windscribe.

Pluspunten

Windscribe has many features that I like, for example, it offers a free plan for new users where you can surf the internet up to 10 Gb of data monthly and with access to 11 countries. As I have the Pro plan (which is quite economical), I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly, I can connect to more than 60 countries and the speed is really good. Security is strict, I can use Windscribe on my cell phone and also on my laptop simultaneously, that way I am protected from hackers that can steal information. Its interface is excellent very intuitive and easy to understand and the technical support always respond quickly when I have a problem. Without a doubt, a real wonder.

Minpunten

Windscribe works perfectly, I just wish it had more Latin countries, such as Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Panama, since it has very few.

Marie W.
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Anonymize your web browsing.

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019

Pluspunten

1.- Windscribe has multiplatform support, so it can be used in Windows, Mac, Linux. It also has a plugin for web browsers (chrome and firefox).
2.- The installation and use is quite simple. In my case, I use the firefox pluggin, to install it the same process is done with any add-on (you just have to allow the installation in firefox and that's it), and for your use you just have to click on its icon and move a button to the option "on" and you will be navigating safely. In the case of the windows application, you only have to install it in a habitaul way and you are ready to use it.
3.- By using Windscribe you protect your credentials, so you do not give any information on the web, preventing them from easily tracking and obbtangan your browsing history, real ip and other data.
4 .- effectively blocks annoying ads (typical popup automatic) that only hinder navigation on the web.
5.- the connection speed that winscribe offers is really very good, you will hardly notice that you are using proxy since you can download files and surf the web comfortably.

Minpunten

So far I have not had any problem or difficulty with windscribe, since your app works smoothly. Perhaps the only bad thing is that there are hours of the day where the connection declines and becomes slower, but as a result the connection works very well (although it will always depend on the server you use and the web pages you visit).

Carl G.
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

VPN service with good browsing speed.

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2019

Excellent software to have more freedom and protection when we are on the Internet. It is effective to avoid the cookies that our metadata and spam collect.

Pluspunten

Internet browsing speed is fast on the main servers offered by Windscribe. It works smoothly when unlocking pages that have streaming subscription.

Minpunten

In recent months we have experienced drops in the connection that last more than 24 hours. The support service takes many hours to respond. The location of some countries does not match the address and IP indicated by Windscribe.

Antwoord van Windscribe Vertalen naar het Nederlands

How these geo-location sites work is they have a database of IP addresses that map to locations. Many of these "ip checker websites" have very outdated databases, so it may still be showing IP location from many years ago. IPs get transferred from host to host all the time, so the IP of that particular server must have been in the detected country in the past.

Our servers are physically in locations that they are claimed to be in, you can verify this empirically by performing a traceroute to the server itself.

"Drops in connection" relate to your ISP. All VPN servers are independent, if one goes down there are others to pick up the slack.

Oguz T.
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

BEST VPN EVER

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2020

Overall I think Windscribe is one of the best VPN provider. I recommend it to everyone.

Pluspunten

I think the best thing is that you can share your account with unlimited users. So all my family can use a great VPN for a very good price. It connects and disconnects super-quickly. User-interface is also very easy to use and you have a lot of server choices. Windscribe supports a good amount of devices so you can conect to a VPN server whenever you want. It also has a Chrome plug-in that you can use and I think it's a great feature.

Minpunten

Personally I don't think there are any cons but the connection speeds are slow sometimes.

Tim P.
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Windscribe is an affordable, powerful VPN for safe, anonymous browsing!

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018

Overall this is a solid, powerful VPN that has a lot of great features for a fraction of the price of most other VPN clients. If you can get a subscription on sale, it's an even better value. I definitely recommend Windscribe!

Pluspunten

I managed to get a lifetime subscription on sale for this software, so I like the price for the features this software offers! This VPN is easy to install and use, and Windscribe doesn't keep logs so I don't have to worry about my browsing information being shared by others. It offers many different VPN connections so you can adjust as needed, should one of the connections be slow.

Minpunten

The only downside of this software is the frequent updates it needs, but it's more of an annoyance than a flaw. My lifetime subscription also requires that I log into the website every 10 years or so to keep it active, but that's another minor annoyance.

• Sector: Online media

An Underrated VPN

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2021

Overall my experience with Windscribe has been overly positive. For the first year I used my 60 gigabytes of free data per month without much problem. Unfortunately that case may not be the same as yours, and you may only have a maximum of 30 gigabytes of free data per month, but the packages that you can build are very versatile for any income. As of right now I'm paying $2/month for unlimited data for VPN which is a great price.

Pluspunten

One of the things I liked about this software is just how simple it is to use. I created an account, installed the program and with one click of a button it did what I needed it to do. It's as easy as flipping a switch, because that's exactly all that was needed to get it to work. It's also free to download and create an account, and on top of that I was given the chance to get more gigabytes of data by doing small things like adding a phone number or referring people. I have about 60 gigabytes of data to use every month without spending a penny. But it's also fairly cheap compared to most VPNs. You can build your own plan as cheap as $2/month for unlimited data usage.

Minpunten

What I liked least about this software is its limited data usage. Normally you would get about 20 gigabytes of data per month for a free account. There's also few worldwide servers to connect to for a free account, only one or two Canadian and American servers.

Samuel O.
  • Sector: Grafisch ontwerp
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

It's a product of high quality but not without it's flaws

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2021

I have no complaints per se. I have had a blast using the app and I intend to keep it that way.

Pluspunten

Perhaps the best thing about Windscribe is that I have been a member of their free tier plan from the start. I will never have to pay for a VPN subscription again. The 60 GB free tier plan is sufficient for what I need and works just like the pro plan. Using the 60 GB plan has been fantastic but not without some noticeable flaws.
The best part is that is set to auto-renew every month.

Minpunten

It failed to pass undetected on some sites with sophisticated algorithm software. I ran multiple tests on my android device while Windscribe was active and my location was visible.
I had issues, particularly with the US servers. It's only fair that would be the case since most people use this server more often than others.
I read on their website that you have to use the browser extension in conjunction with the desktop app for optimal performance. While this bit of information is valuable, It does cause some issues for me; It often consume more of my computer's battery than it should.