Stack Overflow for Teams

Sorteren op

Jonathan

Teams is a private

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018

Our experience has been extremely positive. We have seen quick adoption and everyone appreciates the answers and questions that we are currently using it for. It has turned into our primary internal knowledge base. I am also very satisfied with their outreach to active users during the development of new features.

Pluspunten

I really like how Stack Exchange took the highly successful Q&A format of Stack Overflow and brought it to teams via Stack Overflow Teams. It works well for our company because everyone is already familiar with finding the answers to their questions on Stack Overflow and many of our employees are contributors (as answerers) as well. It has encouraged our employees to contribute high-quality questions and answers to help others with similar questions in the future. The long format also encourage answers with rich content such as images and external links.

Minpunten

Stack Overflow Teams is still undergoing active development. For example, Slack integration (a way to encourage internal adoption) was a little slow to arrive (but it's here now!). During this development period, you just have to be patient. Thankfully, Stack Exchange has a great team that values their users' feedback so the awaited features they ship will definitely meet your needs and if they don't, they want to hear about it.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for sharing your experience using Teams! Glad to hear that you've had a positive experience so far. If you have any feedback you'd like to share about the features or integrations of Teams, you can email: [email protected]

AJ
  • Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

It has Helped Speed Up Web Development

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2019

It has been very beneficial for newer employees with limited HTML and Javascript experience

Pluspunten

What our office has benefited most from with Stack is for our more graphic employees that don't know so much about javascript. As a graphic design firm, all of our employees are well versed in Adobe suite and digital design. However, sometimes projects call for implementing these designs with animation through Javascript - when employees don't know where to turn to we always used GITs from Stack.

Minpunten

The interface is definitely difficult to understand for people who have never used it before - once GIT is understood and how to push and pull repositories, it certainly becomes much easier.

Overwogen alternatieven

GitLab

Redenen om over te stappen op Stack Overflow for Teams

We had a previously established GIT repository on stack and decided to keep everything in a central location

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Aj, Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that Stack Overflow for Teams is helping new employees get up to speed. Let us know if we can be of help to you all.

Dimitri

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A informatational, but cluttered place for code.

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

Stackoverflow is our go-to issue resolving tool in regards to bugs and not knowing how to do things in code. And more often the only source of good information in regards to specific bugs. Even though quite a bit of the entries are dated.

Pluspunten

The amount of information available in regards to programming issues is very nice.
This helps a ton in development, and helps preventing having to reinvent the wheel all the time.

The indepth-ness of said information is usually quite high, allowing for people to easier understand future/similar problems from that point on wards.

Minpunten

The elitist feel it often gives, which makes it fairly hard to get into the product.
However, once you reach a point of understand why, the point of the product has also reached you.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Dimitri! Our team is actively working to make the product feel more inclusive and easier to use for new Stack Overflow users.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great knowledge base for organization.

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2019

Best documentation software that helps organization to document Question and Answers.

Pluspunten

I am very big fan of Stack overflow it started helping from my education and continuing now in my organization. Stack overflow for team is a great knowledge base , when you have some question but that was answered by other colleague long back, all is document and easily we can search about information. I can say it is wiki for organization.

Minpunten

Really no negatives, But there are sometimes i can see duplicate questions, i think they can improve to detecting duplicate question while posting question or creating thread.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review. We're glad Stack Overflow for Teams is helpful for your organization!

We'll be sure to relay your feedback regarding improved duplicate question detection.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Good for developers when you are stuck

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019

The same day i started programming the very same day i was aware with Stack Overflow. It is best for me. It helped me many times. And i am thankful for the team.

Pluspunten

Stack overflow is good when you somewhere, Some of experts write the solution and best solution will be marked as green. You can also write your solutions and earned points. The best way for programmers to get out of the solution if somewhere stuck. It is good way to explore yourself plus to resolve someone else problem.

Minpunten

It is a gift for all the developers looking for the solution. So everything is good except the solutions which are less reliable and people give them negative marking.

Thanks for your review!

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best for sharing ideas and work among teams.

Beoordeeld op 20-2-2020

By discussing the customer problems among team and get it solved within time helps us to getting benefits.

Pluspunten

It doesn’t matter where you work or what work you do, you always need some little help from your team members so this the best way to share your knowledge and ideas among your team members in private. You can tag a specific person for specific question. You can also give badges like who answered the most questions. It also helps in the growth of every individual. Good for analysis of all team members.

Minpunten

There are no cons for this application as it is secure and great to work within the team. Its a single sign in process.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams! We're happy to hear it's a helpful tool for your organization.

Sarath

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Good helping and clarifying doubts(nice articals)

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019

i recommended this tool overall any doubt s

Pluspunten

when ever i have doubt about coding using this articals
Fully supporting and clarified

Minpunten

i think there is no dislikes about this tool very good aritcals and more than two answers is available

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for your review, Sarath.

George
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

Good Resource; Product finding its way

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

I love Stack Overflow and I love their ethic. I continue to hold out hope that if anyone can solve the thorny problem of cataloguing and documenting software development and making it actionable to stakeholders; they can.

Pluspunten

Stack Overflow has solved many previous hard problems
- Finding relevant content
- Making authorship of Q & A easy and targetted

Minpunten

- It still feels like a bolt-on to the Q & A.
- It presupposes that useful documentation takes the form of Q & A
- In an enterprise; I can't add 'yet another' way to document things. We have five currently; and I can't get Q & A to be 6 (Google Site Wiki; Google Docs; Gitlab Wikis; Gitlab git repos; JIRA)

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for sharing your feedback, George! We're actively working on ways to integration Stack Overflow for Teams into your existing workflows with other tools - our hope it that eventually it will replace things like wikis and outdated documentation.

Guy G.
  • Sector: Commercieel vastgoed

Great Tool for our Software Development Team

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

Our team has benefitted greatly from this tool. Our code is open source which helps us when we are seeking a better way to create enhancements in our application. The User community is very helpful and always provides great ideas for us to consider.

Pluspunten

Our Developers love the Stack Overflow tool(s). Frequently, we will go to Stack Overflow to pose a development question or seek guidance on how to proceed on our code base. The user community is wonderful and very helpful.

Minpunten

We have nothing negative to state about this software.

Philipp
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

A great tool that could use a bit more moderation

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

SO for teams is a good product and could be ever better with some tweaks.

Pluspunten

- Q/A and vote system that I know and love from the main site
- Accessibility (no extra login) and easy to use
- Integration into the SE network with notifications and rep

Missing flexibility:
- You only have 3k-ish privileges (vote to close), but only as dupes, no other or custom close reasons are possible.
- No powers to delete and see deleted posts.
- Switching from the main site to the team or vice-versa is sometimea a bit finicky.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Philipp! Our team would love to know more about the features you think the product is missing. Feel free to reach out to [email protected]rflow.com and share your thoughts with our user research team!

Charles
  • Sector: Industriële automatisering

Almost Perfect

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

I can kind of get with the idea that we're not supposed to post resources to Stack Overflow, but then I kind of also wish that there were some kind of a "curated" Stack Overflow, where it would be possible for "knowledgeable persons" (by reputation I'm sure) to accumulate "classic" questions and answers in a set of community references, especially such that you could see and easily browse related questions. I'm realizing now that this doesn't exactly address the "overall experience" I've had with SO, but I guess my point is that it can be kind of a pain to find quality related questions when I'm trying to find answers. Google results seem to be the way to go (because tags are generally far too superficial to be of much use), but then Google seems to optimize based on "famous" questions and really new questions, and I find the Google results keep regurgitating the same half-dozen or so questions (some results link the question, some results link the best answer, some results link the accepted answer, etc.). I've got more to say about this, but I feel like I'm digressing, so I'll just leave this comment as-is.

Pluspunten

First, let me be clear that it's not clear to me if this is about Stack Overflow or about Stack Overflow for Teams, the latter of which is what brought me to this survey. The survey here in particular says to write a review for "Stack Overflow" (not for Teams), so I'll say this: Somewhere on Stack Overflow is nearly every part of every program I've ever written. It's an absolutely indispensable resource for every programmer.

Minpunten

I'm a Stack Overflow user and a Stack Exchange moderator. The most frustrating aspect of the site(s) is that the original asker is the only one that gets to pick the correct answer. OP's choice of answers gets pushed to the top regardless of community votes, and the question will be continuously bumped to the front page if the OP never picks an answer. I wish there were something like a "community accepted" answer, or a "de facto best answer" in the events where a question has been open for X days and has an answer with a score of Y but no accepted answers, or in the event where the top scored answer exceeds the score of the accepted answer by some magic ratio.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Teams, Charles! Our user research team would love to know more about how you think we can improve the product. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] and share your thoughts!

Owen

4* - useful as a knowledge base

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

My team maintains an open-source project that revolves around Stack Overflow and the Stack Exchange network. We use Teams primarily as a knowledge base and support hub, which has allowed us to move away from using GitHub issues and wikis for these purposes to a much more appropriate format. Teams also has the benefit for us of being directly integrated into Stack Overflow, where we're all already working, so all our content is right there when it's needed.

Pluspunten

Teams follows the same Q&A pattern used on Stack Overflow itself, which many developers will already be familiar with. The Q&A pattern also makes it an excellent tool for knowledge bases, which is how my team uses it - instead of writing The One True Help Article for each KB topic, asking a question for it allows the whole team to collaborate in sharing the nuances they've picked up but wouldn't otherwise have an easy way to share.

Minpunten

Teams doesn't come with the same moderation tools that Stack Overflow itself does. While that's probably not a problem for companies (rule infractions or misconduct can be handled through HR's disciplinary procedures), it may make it not as suited to less formal teams such as those maintaining open-source projects. These projects often require more moderation than a company's use-case would do, which Teams lacks proper support for.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Owen! We definitely hear your concern about moderation tools, and will keep that in mind as we continue to develop the product.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Your own personal Stack Overflow

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

Especially in development teams, there's a lot of information silos - this software helps to break down these barriers and have a single place for all of the documentation relating to your product.

Pluspunten

If you're part of the tech world, you've almost certainly come across Stack Overflow. I use the site on a regular basis and was thrilled to find that they were creating a version that I could use for my own purposes. The UI is intuitive and easy to use and when coupled with the quality/voting system, this becomes a powerful tool for storing all of your key business information in a single place. Questions which are asked over and over again will be a thing of the past. It also features some useful moderation tools to ensure that your Team stays on track. Various different notification options also let you tailor what you hear about and how whilst integrating seamlessly into Stack Overflow.

Minpunten

It is missing a few of the useful features for managing content quality that Stack Overflow has. The flagging controls and reviewing are missed.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for sharing your experience using Stack Overflow for Teams! We'd love to know more about the useful features you think it's missing. Feel free to email our user research team at [email protected] and share your thoughts!

Vinuta
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Just brilliant

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019

Can't imagine how things would be without a forum like StackOverflow. There should be more and more developers contributing to make it a forum where it has answer to everything.

Pluspunten

The whole idea was just awesome when I came to know about it. Needless to say it's the goto place for any solutions to an extent that StackOverflow answers are more easily comprehendible than going through official documentation. I can't imagine how would people get help and share solutions across without something like StackOverflow. The score system also motivates people to contribute more.

Minpunten

Cannot create tags until some points are gained but that is okay I feel since otherwise tons on random tags would be created.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best useful app for organization and not only.

Beoordeeld op 27-5-2021

I become to experience as a data scientist for almost 2 years now, and to be honest stack overflow had it's great impact on my career. I initially was using the web version which is available for everyone and when we started to use it in team it felt so familiar :))

Pluspunten

I like that it can be also integrated with slack, so the working process is more organized.
to me the search options seems working better than the web one.

Minpunten

We also have an internal wiki, and before stack overflow our team was used to ask questions directly in slack, so it is a bit hard to get used to it in the beginning.

Haya
  • Sector: Computergames

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

the website that every developer should use

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2021

overall, I've never met any developer that hasn't used stack overflow and all of them have a positive view of this website and it's so helpful for every programmer

Pluspunten

I can find everything about development on this website, while I'm coding and I face any problem I go search on google how to fix the problem and the first website that comes is stack overflow and it helps me so much and save me a lot of time

Minpunten

Sometimes I find people repeating the same answer more than once and this annoys me when I try to find different solutions

Stepping stone to development

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2019

There are some obstacles which get faced by all the programmers and rather than each one having to find a solution by themselves, this platform helps reduce the work and everyone can reuse the knowledge

Pluspunten

One always gets stuck when setting up the development environment, or using a library. There is always something or the other that does not work and you have to take help from the internet. More often than not, you spend time searching through forums.
Stackoverflow is the best Q/A platform to quickly find the answer to what you need. It helps categorize the answers and with teams, you can feel free to post doubts which are confidential and need to be kept within the company

Minpunten

Earlier teams did not have a free version, so it was imperative to buy before using. But now it offers first 10 users free. So you can easily try it out before buying

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the glowing review. We appreciate your business!

• Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Familiar collaboration with a few too many hurdles

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2019

Pluspunten

Stack Overflow for Teams takes the existing Stack Overflow collaborative question and answer format and extends it to private development teams. The result is a private forum of your most asked and most needed questions, a living and breathing repository of tribal knowledge...as long as the team uses it. If you've used Stack Overflow, the features and management are identical to the public version.

Minpunten

The interface has not changed much to enable Teams, but that comes at a bit of a burden for administration. Features are not as isolated or intuitive as they could be, making it hard to separate personal and private Stack Overflow. Pricing is also at the high end for basic collaboration, although cheaper than alternatives like Confluence. Adoption is also a consideration. Stack Overflow for Teams faces the same adoption issues as all other collaboration tools, but does not offer much to drive users back into the tool.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams. We would love to hear more about your thoughts on ways to improve the products for admin purposes. Feel free to email our user research team at [email protected] and share your thoughts!

Peter
  • Sector: Informatiediensten

I love Stack Overflow

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

Very good, it has helped me become a better programmer and a professional one.

Pluspunten

Getting answers to all my programming questions, having a place I can go where I know there are already answers.

Minpunten

I don't like it when there are unanswered questions to my problem that have seen almost no work done on them. I can't re-ask the question and the chances that the person asking the question in the first place has moved on

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Glad to hear you've had such a great experience with Stack Overflow for Teams, Peter!

Yishak
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Good

Beoordeeld op 12-6-2020

me and my team use this platform on a projects we work when we face problem, to gain some knowledge or help us get a solution. i realized a community this big helping each other is very important.

Pluspunten

it is a product most developer goes to to share and learn. it is a big platform is very useful. on almost every project we do with my team we face a challenge and we turn to stack overflow, almost one person may have faced this problem and it will help us get some answers or get some guidance.

Minpunten

almost a lot of the same question are being posted so it makes it very hard sometimes to go through them and check. if the developers can limit posting the same question again that would make it very useful and easy to use and navigate.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We'll be sure to pass on your feedback regarding duplicate questions.

• Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

The goodness of stack overflow for internal knowledge management

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2019

Overall nice but needs some tweaks to make it as successful for internal usage.

Pluspunten

Stack overflow is quite famous for being the ONE place to look to when need technical help. Having an internal stack overflow promotes collaboration and helping others within the company. Knowledge management is critical, especially in smaller companies with less established processes and tools. We tried a number of different solutions, but are slowly centralizing on stack overflow. It integrates nicely with OAUTH and you can set team goals as an incentive to answering questions.

Minpunten

While there is a stack overflow slack integration, it tends to be noisy and people tune it out. There needs to be a better way to push stack overflow questions to the right people. Unfortunately for now it is the same folks answering all of the questions, however this is an internal issue that we need to solve for.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi, Thanks for your review on Stack Overflow for Teams. Glad to hear our tool helps with company-wide collaboration. Let us know how we can help drive internal adoption.

- Stack Overflow for Teams

Hamza
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

A Collective Informational Place for the entire Organziation

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2021

Pluspunten

A Place that solved almost every problem we faced every day, a big community posting, and helping people is the best thing. The sheer fact that anybody can post answers and provide solutions is such a life and time saver for everyone.

Minpunten

Sometimes I see some duplicate answers and that really confuses me, they should have a flag system to avoid duplicate answers and Teams doesn't have the same integrations as Slack I think if this gets fixed it would make it even more exciting to use.

Julian

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Say bye to repetitive questions by your colleagues

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018

Pluspunten

* The slack integration is wonderful
* Having your workplaces knowledge hub built into your stackoverflow account; which you already log in to on a daily basis, is awesome.
* Having repetitive questions asked there and answered once, in return increasing my productivity and time is incredible.

Minpunten

I would definitely like to see a way to have a bit more integration to slack or other products.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Great to see that you're using the Slack integration, Julian! Are there any specific integrations you'd like to see in particular?

Josh

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

It's the familiar Stack Overflow, but limited in scope for our team

Beoordeeld op 8-4-2019

We use this to internally communicate about any issues that may come up with our products or processes, and it's great.

Pluspunten

This allows us to communicate in a familiar fashion, and is incredibly well supported.

Minpunten

I have no complaints about Stack Overflow for teams, this allows us to communicate about issues within, and helps sort out priorities for fixing.

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Josh! Thanks for taking the time to review Stack Overflow for Teams. It's great to hear you're getting the support you need, and the platform is helping to streamline internal communication. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

- Stack Overflow for Teams

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

a wonderful resource

Beoordeeld op 18-4-2019

Pluspunten

I love stack overflow for teams, it is a wonderful way to ask and receive answers to all questions

Minpunten

the question search feature could be improved

Antwoord van Stack Overflow Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for your review and feedback!