TaxDome

4,7 (2.604)
Tax practice management software for bookkeepers and CPAs

(2.604)

Rolette

Great Product

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

Pluspunten

I love how there's templates. It really helped with implementing and creating processes.

Minpunten

I haven't come across any just yet. So far it's good and I really like it.

ClickUp, Asana en Pixie

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

Easier to implement and easier to work.

17hats en SuiteDash

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

Pricing played the role in it, but again, the templates really helped.

Hi Rolette,

Thank you for your feedback.

Alexandria

Former Canopy User

Beoordeeld op 26-12-2022

Pluspunten

The functionality, price, and ease of use make this software far superior to canopy

Nothing Yet.

Bitrix24

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

Canopy kept changing their price structure and reducing functions for the price point I was at when I started with Canopy as an OG

Bitrix24 was too bulky for my firm with no support to get set up
Stephanie
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Just beginning

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2022

Pluspunten

I like what the software promises and hope it will deliver

Minpunten

I least like that it is difficult to administer

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you, Stephanie. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We are happy to hear that.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you, or if you need assistance with anything. Our support is free and unlimited, and our team will be happy to assist you.

Have a wonderful day

Marc

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Tax Dome Document Management

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2022

Setup is pretty easy, but it would be nice to have a file transfer system that could handle multiple folder to folder transfer setup so that everything from your old portal could be transferred to the tax dome portal in one fell swoop versus transferring everything manually from folder to folder via the tax dome drive.

Pluspunten

The document management system seems quite robust, and the security and encryption features built into the software seem top notch.

Minpunten

The ability to have nested folders that are assigned a different privacy / security level versus the parent folder is a negative feature that must be worked around by creating a separate file folder chain.The ability to print from your tax software and have the files go directly into the proper account and file folder (Like SmartVault has) is a negative that I'm hopeful that will be developed quickly, as navigating to the correct folder every time a different client needs to be uploaded to the secure portal will be a royal pain in the ***.

Citrix ShareFile, Onehub en TitanFile

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

SmartVault was kind enough to implement a 288% price increase for the 2023 tax year.

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

Tax Dome presence and support in the tax community and affiliation with NAEA and NATP were the main reasons I went with Tax Dome.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you, Marc. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As of now, the privacy level of the top-level folder will be applied to all subfolders, and can't be changed individually. However, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests upvoted. We already have an existing request for changing the privacy level here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/subfolder-permissions-not-just-top-level-permissions
Please feel free to upvote, and submit a new request regarding the transfer process, so that other firms can upvote.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Have a wonderful day.

Felix
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

Very Impressed - Looking Forward To Implementing All Its Features

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2023

I didn't complete the trial. I was sold on the software by day 3 and made my purchase. I am looking forward to using all the features. I am convinced it is going to make the management of my business easier and contact with repeat and new customers satisfactory and focused.

Pluspunten

I found the software to be very user friendly. I also found the links to other software and banks to be a plus.

Minpunten

I did run into a few problems trying to set up the website, however in all fairness I am not a technical person and this was doing the free trial without the help of the support team.

Thryv

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

The software proves to be very user friendly.
Haley
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Ready to take my business to the next level with TaxDome!

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2023

I am a new TaxDome user but love the complexity so far! It truly seems that TaxDome can do it all.

Pluspunten

I love the totality of TaxDome. It is a one-stop shop.

Minpunten

I wish there were an option to pay for the subscription monthly.

HoneyBook

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

Honeybook doesn't have the ability to send a document to a client for electronic signature.

HoneyBook

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

The totality of TaxDome made it a one-stop shop where other similar software were not.
Isaac

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Tax Dome Review

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2023

Seems to work good so far. It almost seems like there's too many clicks to get some tasks done. The fees is deceiving. I was thinking originally 50 a month is super good....BUT that's 50 per user. We go through employees and interns that only work part time and 50 seems like a lot for each user. I'd rather buy an all inclusive for less because of the turnover in the industry.

Pluspunten

It has it all. Anything you could possibly want in a platform is in it.

Minpunten

It takes a long time to understand how things work and how to customize.

Firm360 en Asana

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

Seemed cheap and other firms are recommending.
Vicki

Penn York Accounting Services Inc

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2023

we are just setting it up.

Pluspunten

Ease of transferring data to documents to tax dome, and the portal

Minpunten

We are just setting up the program, and importing data. Everything seems ok at this point.

Joel

Time saver

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2022

Pluspunten

The ability to automate the workflow really helps save time significantly.

Minpunten

Customer service wasn't responsive. I chatted with a representative to help sync my email to start, and it took forever, and it wasn't even fixed. I was referred to the Q&A, which I already went through before reaching out to them.

Florin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A professional accounting and tax practice management platform that meets the needs of an...

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2023

Good choice, one of the best on the market, if not, even the best!

Pluspunten

Customizable, automatic reminders, client portal

Minpunten

Long learning curve and complexity of the set up.

Lloyd

Reasonably Priced and Tremendous Power

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2022

Pluspunten

The workflow management tools are far superior to other software we used and the customer support team is excellent.

Minpunten

I consider myself well-versed in software and found that TaxDome was a bit overwhelming at first due to some nomenclature barriers: e.g. contacts vs. accounts; pipelines vs. jobs vs. tasks and the related templates. The UI is also a bit clunky and a bit dated.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you, Lloyd. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We understand that, due to the numerous features we have, our software can be overwhelming at the beginning. To make it as easy as possible for our subscribers, we have free and unlimited support.

If you need assistance with anything, you can reach us via chat and email or schedule screen-sharing sessions so that we can walk you through the setup and features. We also have a database with help articles, a TaxDome Youtube channel with tutorials, and TaxDome Academy with different courses.

As for the document loss in Canopy, we have no such issues in TaxDome. The TaxDome drive is virtual, and you can access all the documents as long as you are logged to the desktop app and have a connection. You also can access the documents directly from the drive and edit them, without going through the download-edit-upload process.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day.

Lynnorra

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2022

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pluspunten

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Minpunten

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado en HubSpot CRM

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Rachel

Best decision of 2020

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2021

TD solved my immediate portal need, the old system was really just a document exchange, this allows for so much more, the e-signature feature alone was worth the price to me for ease of interactions with my clients and to have all the documents in one place that I can access from my office or home office.

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use for my clients, most have found it very easy to use with no hand-holding and adopted and loved it very quickly. They can upload almost any format of documentation and backups to me with a few clicks. I get notifications how I want to see them and then all emails linked are saved in their history, so it's much easier to look back and find what I need without searching my endless emails in Outlook. Secure message is an easy way for many to communicate and I have saved records of those exchanges.

Minpunten

I did not yet have time to implement any of the task and automation processes, I started in Dec 2020 right before tax season, so those features are still waiting because I was a little overwhelmed with that setup process. It will be my summer project to figure out and test the process to make the whole system work better for me and improve my manual processes for tracking.

OfficeTools en Liscio

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

Not happy with the exchange, it was difficult for some clients to use and no longer worked with Outlook, making it difficult for me on my side, too. Was limited doc exchange and didn't have many other benefits.

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

I liked the ease of use of TD over the others, the price was better for me as a solo and the recommendations were stronger.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you Rachel, your feedback is valuable to us. We are happy to know that TaxDome was able to serve your immediate needs for your practice. Our support is free and unlimited, feel free to reach us through chat, email or schedule an onboarding. If you need any assistance with setting up your tasks and automations you can schedule a 45-minute-onboarding using this link: http://taxdome.com/45 we are happy to help.

Mark

Terrific Product That Understands How Accountants and Tax Preparers Work

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2021

Pluspunten

This product is focused on its customer base. It is not trying to be all things to all industries. The developers understand how accountants and tax preparers work. Even in the short time I have been a client, there is a strong development effort to make the product better and more useful. Customer vote on what improvements they want to see added to the program and TaxDome provides a roadmap on what features are being developed and when they will be implemented. TaxDome's culture is focused on customer service.

Minpunten

It is clear that TaxDome has done a good job of integrating CRM, document storage, e-signatures, and client communications. As a browser-based solution, it suffers from all the problems that products that work over the Internet have. Whenever I have problems it is hard to know whether it is my internet connection, the number of browser screens open, or something with TaxDome and its servers. I do know it is as good as my previous broswer-based CRM and its speed is comparable to QuickBooks Online.

I would like the email and message templates to be better. Currently, you can't use fields in the contact records within emails to make them more client-friendly. Also, the invoicing features need improvement. The amount of information that can be included in an invoice is limited and I provide my clients with a line item invoice to show why their tax returns cost what they do.

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the feedback. This is what helps us improve TaxDome. The ability to add more short codes (add data from existing contact records) is currently in development (you can upvote the existing request we have here so you'll be notified of its progress: https://feedback.taxdome.com/feature-requests/p/shortcodes-in-communication-with-the-client-emails ) and we recently rolled out Services to itemize your invoices in TaxDome so clients can see exactly what they're paying for: https://help.taxdome.com/article/393-services

Will
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great customer service and great development team with Taxdome

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2021

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

Pluspunten

Your development team and customer support has been great to work with. Where the company is notably still developing, the support team is incredibly receptive to feedback and really supportive in onboarding and migrating users. Some of the best support I've seen.

Additionally the document management system, attaching invoices to documents and the client portal shows signs that your teams have been able to capture many of the industries pain points. It gives me faith in your development team that you all will be able to continue to build out great features.

Minpunten

The UI is clunky. There are other ways to structure the platform to be more functional that I think would be generally more efficient and there are some errors that could be worked through with a few UI specialists. I'd reach out to some of your younger practice users/technology driven ones and doing some video sessions having them do a walkthrough of their working day and have them talk about some of the UI problems.

The user permissions are tough I appreciate that they can be toggled but The direct message feature should be able to be toggled as well.

I'd also love a direct payroll provider integration such as ADP. Because you all are doing full practice management with a time tracking feature. A great function would be to build out a payroll integration so that firm owners could easily run payroll for their employees.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, Will! We highly appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Shannon

Excited to Implement

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2020

Support is super responsive. So far good.

Pluspunten

Ability for clients to submit documents as well as them having access to tax files and signatures for e-file forms. I also love that multiple contact can be linked to an account. The "Z" drive option is a must so files can be easily added to a clients account. I love the multiple options for clients to use the software.

Minpunten

So far the downside to the software is the private, public and client docs are all separate tabs so it takes longer to click between. It has also taken me a long time to set up clients. The tutorial videos are really helpful, but I wish I would have waited for my onboarding - I had to do a few things twice for example it wasn't explained the importance of matching account names to my existing folders so I could easily upload documents in bulk. Learning curve for sure, but I think it will be awesome once all is set up. Without using the product live yet, it is hard to design pipelines and jobs for what is going to work best, yet it seems that you need to set things up properly the first time or you run into having to do more work later.

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

Seems more designed for small firms. Less bells and whistles that I don't need and easy use of the product for my clients. I loved that the reviews I read talked about ease for the clients - that is the most important factor to me so that they use it.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review, Shannon! We appreciate it. We have released a lot of new features this year. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team to schedule a 1:1 White-Glove Onboarding with us to walk you through.

Sandy

Ease of Use and Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 2-12-2020

My overall experience with TaxDome to date has been very positive. I just finished my 2 week free trial and am excited to fully customize the software and use it to its full extent. I feel that it will make a big impact on the organization of our team and the overall client experience.

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use for the client and the available app. I've practiced using it as a client and it is so easy to sign up, activate and upload documents and information. I have also utilized the onboarding on several occasions and have been very pleased. It's been easy to schedule a session and everyone I spoke to has been extremely knowledgeable and patient.

Minpunten

Creating the pipelines and understanding the relationships between tasks, templates, automations, etc has been challenging and will be time consuming to fully customize, but I feel it will be worth it in the long run.

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Helene

TaxDome Review

Beoordeeld op 29-12-2020

I am just starting with TaxDome. So far I think I will like it most importantly due to the conveniences for clients to scan and upload documents and to provide e-signatures.

Pluspunten

The ability for clients to upload documents without a scanner, and for those documents to get saved directly to their files without my staff needing to take valuable time to get them there.

Minpunten

The meetings to initially test the software did not happen as promised. I created appointments but 2 of those 3 meetings I scheduled were canceled or rescheduled by a TaxDome person and they never told me. I was left scrambling trying to get the meetings to happen. For the software itself, what I like least is the inability to link an email to a client without adding the contact entirely to that client (ie like a bank that I deal with for multiple clients. I only want the emails relating to that specific client to be linked to them. My current CRM software allows me to do this.)

Hi Helene!

Thanks for your review! Your feedback is important to us. Feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance. You should be able to schedule a 1:1 Onboarding without any issues.

Patrice

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2021

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Pluspunten

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Minpunten

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Dubsado, Zoho CRM en HubSpot CRM

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Adobe Acrobat Sign en Trello

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for that amazing feedback Patrice. You can check our webinars on this link http://taxdome.com/webinars and our Youtube Academy. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Maria

Time saver

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2021

I like it so far, and the functionalities are going to save me time. There is a learning curve though. I have been watching videos, attending webinars, etc. I think that when everything is set up is going to be great.

Pluspunten

The ability to create automation for some processes and that is going to save time so I will be able to help more clients and give them more attention. The hub that integrates website, client portal, invoice management, engagement letter, Tax Organizers, e-signature all at an affordable price.

Minpunten

I had some issues with the client database import (due to my CSV file configuration, so no TD fault), I had to manually create contacts (spouses), and fill out client information, which was time consuming. I think that there is a learning curve for all the functionalities (and because I am new to this). Although the unlimited support is very handy, I like to do things myself to understand how it works.

Canopy Software

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

SmartVault discontinued the plan I was subscribing to, and the price was going to tripled. I was already thinking about getting some automation to manage my business, and this pushed me to TD.

SmartVault, Weebly en Encyro

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

I didn't even looked at Canopy, because some people at a tax professionals group in Facebook spoke highly of TD.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Maria, thank you for the review. We appreciate it. We understand that you're still trying to learn everything, please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Again, our support is free and unlimited.

MAI

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Signed up after a few days!

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2021

I am loving it so far!!

Pluspunten

The centralizing of all the moving parts when it comes to preparing a tax return made my choice to purchase Tax Dome after just a few days in the trial period EASY!! The importing of my previous clients and creating a working pipeline was so amazing!! Most programs have great capabilities but as a novice you may not always know all the ins and outs of the tools. I love that Tax Dome has established templates completely relatable to the tax industry!! All I had to do customized it to my practice and start using it!!

Minpunten

I would love to see "@" mentions or and an open chat options between myself and employees for live communication without having to leave my desk.

Hi Mai,

Thank you for your feedback. @ mentions is currently in progress and will be implemented by the end of the year/beginning of next tax season https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/tag-team-in-notes
I have also upvoted your firm to team member messaging- https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/message-team-members

Luis
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Awesome

Beoordeeld op 3-3-2020

I have found a substantial decrease in time processing and managing the clients' tax returns

Pluspunten

The most that I like is that all tools that I need to effectively manage my tax practice in on a single site

Minpunten

I have no concerns about the product, except for the fact that it doesn't allow to get independent signatures from married couples filing jointly

Thanks, Luis!
I'd like to inform you that we've released the ability to add multiple signers, so now you can get independent signatures from couples. For more information, please refer to our help: https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#6

Andrew

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Not perfect, still the best for a small firm

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2021

Pluspunten

Probably the best thing about TD is that it does so many things adequately. But the strongest feature is the workflow management and the way that it harmonizes with client communication---the synergy there is market-beating.

Minpunten

I am disappointed in the timekeeping function, especially the reporting. It seems like a very simple function compared to their sophisticated workflow functions. It is downright primitive. I also can't figure out whether it will really be usable as a CRM. They advertise that, but I'm not sure it can really replace even the most basic CRM.

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

The benefits of having Organizers, Secure Messaging, File Transfer, Job Tracking, and Automated Communication all exist within one integrated system. We were losing so much time transferring data between systems.

Jotform

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

The transparent pricing was probably #1. But also TD is just more powerful, if a little less slick and shiny. I feel like no one understands what Tax firms need quite like TaxDome does.

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I understand that our time tracker feature is not as robust just yet but we will be releasing additional functionalities soon, such as hourly rate per staff and create invoice from the time entry - that is currently in development.

Tyler
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2022

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pluspunten

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Minpunten

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon en Ignition

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Have a wonderful day.

oralia
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

excellence

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2022

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Pluspunten

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

Minpunten

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork en Wave Accounting

Redenen om voor TaxDome te kiezen

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Canopy Software

Redenen om over te stappen op TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Antwoord van TaxDome Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.