KidKare

Kinderopvangplatform voor thuiszorgers en kinderdagverblijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

KidKare saves the day

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019

Pluspunten

The programs are constantly improving and building to improve record keeping with an ease for the user. The platform requires minimal training, which saves a tremendous amount of time/effort in onboarding new staff. The accounting features have greatly improved our management.

Minpunten

Using the software the past year and a half, I have not run into any issues. A few questions which have been swiftly remedied/supported by their customer care team.

Sandra

Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2018

This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

Pluspunten

Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

Minpunten

I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

Holly
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Do Not Waste Your Money

Beoordeeld op 1-7-2019

Entering Meals and Expenses, great. Payment system, is horrible. They do nothing to help fix the problem.

Pluspunten

I like the accounting software to keep track of my expenses. My problem is with the payment system and customer service.

Minpunten

I have been using the e-pay system for 4 weeks. It only worked twice. My invoices are sent out on Friday and my deposits reach the bank on Thursday. That is a long time in my opinion. I could deal with this if I actually got paid. My parents are set up for auto pay and I pay the transaction fee for them. This is the second time that the KidKare/Epay system had a "problem" and no auto payments went through so I did not get paid. With a holiday this week, I probably will not get paid until next Monday. This is unacceptable. I will be switching back to Brightwheel. They were never late, had a faster turnaroud time, and I never had an issue with getting paid. I was assured this is very rare but I don't believe that. And they make it out to be so easy to fix by parents sending checks or clicking autopay which takes time for all of us.

Geverifieerde reviewer

Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019

Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pluspunten

i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Minpunten

I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks.
I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name.
When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

Renita
  • Sector: Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Didn't want to make the change.

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2018

With KidKare I am able to produce menu's, accounting reports, financial reports, parents statements, and the best thing yet detail reports for my tax consultant which I use to do on Excel. I know I am very pleased using the system. I can even use the system on my cell while taking a break during a meeting away from my facility - convenience is everything!

Pluspunten

When I switched from Minute Menu I was terrified that this new system would be a nightmare to use, learn, and manipulate to fit my program. Little did I know after using the software that I would love it even more than Minute Menu. Yes there were some glitches in the beginning, but customer service was dead on it and cleared problems asap. Once I learned how to operate the system I was out training other providers that were as terrified as I was.

Minpunten

When printing a menu I have too much wasted white space even after clicking on the arrow to hide the drop-down questions of which report to print. I do miss under the child's information Minute Menu would show the years and months age

Wanda

Sunshine Kids

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018

Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

Pluspunten

Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

Minpunten

Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

Tamara

KidKare

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

Very good product and company. I’m not sure the recent pay increase was warranted though. Nothing new so not sure why the price went up. Our county agency mentioned this at a meeting.

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use after you use it for a bit. You do have remember the exact name of the forms you need to print etc... overall very basic and easy to learn. Lots of video to explain as well. Customer service has grown greatly. I think their customer grew so rapidly they got overwhelmed in the beginning. Doing great now.

Minpunten

I wish their was a better defined drop drown list for files you need to copy each month for your own records. I’m still clicking around finding the forms. It’s prob just me but it can take a minute.

Debra

KidKare Saves Time

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2018

I have used it for sometime, 3 yrs I think or longer. I don't know what I would do without it. I am not the most organized person and this program makes it so easy.

Pluspunten

It is easy to use and very helpful. I love that I put in my receipts and file them away. When tax time comes I just hit print on the forms I need and hand them to my tax guy and he does the rest. Stress-free.

Minpunten

I am not a huge fan of the parent pay portion. I send the invoice and it takes a full 7 days to post to my account. I would think with technology today that they could move this along much quicker. I only have one family that uses this feature because I don't pro-actively offer it due to the time it takes to post. It works great and is really nice to have and if it posted in 2-3 days I would probably request most if not all my parents to use this service.

JUDY

Helpful Additions

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018

I have not utilized the program to its entirity. It provides so many options to assist with the effieciency of the program and paperwork, taxes, record keeping.

I would like an in service or training on the options concerning tax record keeping, money and space, and daily record keeping. Management skills would be so much better if I made use of these management tools.

Pluspunten

The software is easy to work through as information is added or deleted to a child's profile,
The software allows easy access to profiles, meal status, claim reviews and updates,
The message board and file is very helpful to review old and new information, and
The reminders as post are made is very helpful for meal entries.

Concern:
It may be the user; however, I have not been able to send messages via the software to the provider .

Seth

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

KidKare is the way to go

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019

Overall, I have always had an enjoyable and smooth experience with this software.

Pluspunten

This particular software was very easy to use. It is quite intricate and instructional as well as enjoyable to use.

Minpunten

There was nothing that I did not like with regard to this particular software. I enjoy its simplicity.

Marlene
  • Sector: Horeca
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019

I have been extremely satisfied, minus all the small details! Thank you for all you do for us who provide for the young and old alike. God Bless and Happy New Year

Pluspunten

When I started doing the food program online for my daycare, I was only able to do it on a computer and now that KidKare has taken over, it has made it possible to be able to still program all my meals but yet I can do it on the couch in the same room as the children as they sleep!! This was the biggest improvement to me since I was always stuck upstairs in my room while my family was spending time together. Customer support is amazing and the monitors that represent this area ( Wyoming) are phenomenal!

Minpunten

The big thing in the beginning from switching from webkids to this was that there was a button to select all kids instead of pressing each one. This made it difficult for me since I have a large number of kids most days, then I would depress the ones that weren't there for that day. Made it so much easier. Now, there is the sign in time for each child which takes extra time to do instead of just clicking on the child. I do everything at the end of the month all at once so having to do that is just another annoying step for me

Rayna

• Klantenondersteuning

I have been using KidKare as MMK then KK. It helps up keep track of everything pretty well.

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018

Pluspunten

Web based! Love that I can access it from my phone or tablet. I like that my teachers can login and complete attendance.

Minpunten

I hate the look of the invoices. The web address at the bottom confuses my clients, they try to login to it. I also don't like the look of the new invoices, they are small and crammed up into the top 2/3 of the page. I miss having a report to print for birthdays, emergency contacts, etc. I would also like to see a printable weekly attendance schedule. We fill in the hours the child is in care in their general info, the software should be able to print out a daily or weekly roster with those hours filled in. It helps to plan coverage since we are a ratio driven program.

Margaret

A-1 child care home accounting program

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

Great.

Pluspunten

I like the ease of entering my expenses as well as all of my income. At the end of the year, I simply print the various reports for my tax man. I also print professional W-10s for the parents showing the income which they paid me.The computer program does the various calculations for me! This saves me time and effort, and hopefully money when it comes to our taxes.

Minpunten

There is a learning curve to best utilizing the program. Most is intuitive, but some is not. I did have a problem with the program entering AM when I was entering PM for a departure time. Hopefully we have that resolved now.

Peggy

kidKare for home daycare

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018

keeps reports on time. Easy access to kids records Easy select and click on foods, just love the drop down food list provided.

Pluspunten

reminders that it has makes it so fail proof. if I have a question the help section has always helped me find an answer quickly. best feature a tap of the button and your monthly report is at your sponsors no more papers, postage worries and wondering if it made it there in time for payment.

Minpunten

still looking for that one. really only thing i could suggest is a notification if a child's enrollment is about to expire so we would be sure to get renewals in on time,

sharon

great program

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018

saves time, I can go back and review. Receive updates current. Great Great. If their is something I don't understand, our rep is great.

Pluspunten

the best and easy program for daily use. I am not the smartest computer person, I have no problems using the site. And it is free. Daily meals are entered and my end of the month is submitted with a blink. I don't have the best hand writing, I know the people on the end that would have to read my hand print is happy also. Thank you so much.

Minpunten

sometimes the site is slow. Nothing I can say Least about the software.

Terri

KidKare Pros and Cons

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2018

All my business expenses are kept at my fingertips and it makes getting ready for tax time a breeeze.

Pluspunten

Ease of use for keeping up with menus and meals. I have several menus saved and it is very quick and easy to call them up and make my weekly plans. I also love the fact that I can use the app on my phone and can do it from there as well.

Minpunten

The invoicing section was very nonfunctional the last time I tried to use it. Kept sending out duplicate invoices or none at all. that was awhile ago, I just have not gotten the courage to try it again.

sharon

Efficient and Easy to use

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

It has been a great thing to be able to get a check each month to offset the food costs involved in a home childcare setting. I feel I can afford to purchase higher quality foods knowing that I have the extra money to cover the cost.

Pluspunten

I like the ease of navigating the KidKare site. I really like to be able to view and run several of the reports available and print some of them off for ease of record keeping. Kudos to the software writers of KidKare!

Minpunten

I really can't think of anything I do not like about this software.

Jason
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Simplify CACFP participation

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2018

The organization the program provides is unparalleled. Introducing the program to new participants is quite easy. Every individual who was hesitant about converting to KidKare are always so pleased they did and wished they had switched earlier.

The Help desk is fantastic if issues do arrise

Pluspunten

The ease of use. The program prompts if you forget a step. Collects all pertinate information for CACFP participation.

Minpunten

Over the past year there were a few days of technical issue all seems to be working properly again and we are happily moving along

Dana
  • Sector: Administratie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Taxes

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2018

I'm hoping that I will have some ease with taxes this year thanks to the program. If all turns out as expected, I will be helping fellow providers to use the program.

Pluspunten

The ease of preparing for taxes has been amazing!

Minpunten

I dislike the colors on so many levels. The light blue is difficult to see even when the brightness on my lap top is 100%. Also, there's been several questions asked and the answers that came back were not helpful. I had to google answers. I should also have the option to leave as long of a comment on a bill/statement as I need to. I have to scroll to the bottom comments area to leave a lengthy comment.

Nancy
  • Sector: Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs

Saves time

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2018

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Pluspunten

I save a lot of time being able to use my phone, laptop, or tablet to enter meals and other day care information on KidKare. It is user friendly. At the end of the month and it is time to turn in menus KidKare makes it so easy to do. Saves time and paperwork. I definitely recommend KidKare to other providers at our meetings. I would recommend providers to at least try it and see for themselves.

Minpunten

Sometimes the internet is out and you can not use, but that rarely happens. All you have to do is write down and then enter it later.

Georgina

Comprehensive and Simple

Beoordeeld op 11-6-2020

Great experience. I find myself digging deeper to see if I can find additional helpful features.

Pluspunten

The menu planning is great and has all of the options needed. Even someone who lacks food planning knowledge can find this software appealing.

Minpunten

Not having the option to print all reports in color if desired. Have the ability for color in the reports allows for distinguishing different categories of information.

Danielle
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

KidKare Is Worth It

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2018

My overall experience is good, I have been using kidkare for @ years now and it makes logging food and printing reports so much easier. It is easier to renew children or add new children.

Pluspunten

I like the fact that I can log my whole day from my phone. It is nice if you forget to log during the day, you have the ability to log at any time.

Minpunten

every once in a while it takes a long time to long on or boots you off for no apparent reason.

Holly

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Very slow to load but the program makes it easy to track childcare expenses.

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2018

It helps me track expenses and balance my budget.

Pluspunten

It keeps my business records very organized. Makes it very easy to find tax information. I love keeping track of the food program and entering my meals in kidkare.

Minpunten

Slow to load. Timer just spins so often. I miss some of the features of minute menu such as being able to print an energency contact list and a birthday calendar.

Virginia

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

KIDKARE FOOD PROGRAM

Beoordeeld op 1-1-2019

Overall, It is a easy program to operate. I enjoy working this program when it is operating smoothly. I wish there was a easier and faster way to record baby meals, rather than going to a separate screen. This is really time consuming.

Pluspunten

The program is easy to use and can be learned quickly. There is more than one way to accomplish the same thing. I like when the program is flowing smoothly, without any issues.

Minpunten

Sometimes when I've worked a long day and there is issues with the program or it is running slow, I get irritated, as I am tired and am ready to take a break.

Dana

Great Software

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018

Love It!!!!

Pluspunten

I really enjoy how fast and easy you can work with the app on any device. I have never had any difficulties with the software and SWHD can fix any issue that I have had in the past. I highly recommend this software to providers.

Minpunten

Time to Time the software will run slow due to high usage but nothing major.