KidKare Food Program reviews

KidKare Food Program

Kinderopvangplatform voor thuiszorgers en kinderdagverblijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Dawn

Days and minutes count

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

I am streamlining paperwork. I need as much time as possible w children. Anyway to streamline paperwork is advantageous. Support people are top notch..Know their product and are educational don;t seem like they are policing my business. Wish parents were educated more.

Pluspunten

i can do on smart phone. it has pretty much all i need for my day. wish it had a list of credible w/g brands on this site. pain to go looking for in paperwork.

Minpunten

Only bad I can say is wish it I was more computer literate, seems so easy when I know the system. Not so easy when first attempting programs.

Geverifieerde reviewer

Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019

Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pluspunten

i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Minpunten

I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks.
I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name.
When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

Beth
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Terrible system since switching from Minute Menu--They can't seem to get things to work...

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2017

only headaches thus far.

only headaches thus far.

Pluspunten

I like that this is a web-based program so it is accessible from any device & because of this, I especially like that my parents can check their child in very easily on a designated tablet.

Minpunten

This is the same company that owned Minute Menu. They tested this program for many months before completely discontinuing Minute Menu. Because of that, one would assume the program actually worked. Where do I start on the "Cons"? ... For starters, the program randomly doesn't save data that was previously saved, such as the meals & times entered for the children in care (a requirement necessary to submit to the USDA Food Program), the forms & reports this program offers are a slim selection from what the MM program offered which most often results in significantly more time added to my work load. Don't expect an actual receipt to give to parents after posting payments to accounts. All you will get is a statement of account, not an itemized receipt which is common practice when receiving payments in a business. Plan to add time in having to hand write on every statement what payment was made, the form of payment, etc. Beware of this ridiculous program.

Jason
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Simplify CACFP participation

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2018

The organization the program provides is unparalleled. Introducing the program to new participants is quite easy. Every individual who was hesitant about converting to KidKare are always so pleased they did and wished they had switched earlier.

The Help desk is fantastic if issues do arrise

Pluspunten

The ease of use. The program prompts if you forget a step. Collects all pertinate information for CACFP participation.

Minpunten

Over the past year there were a few days of technical issue all seems to be working properly again and we are happily moving along

Nancy

Saves time

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2018

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Pluspunten

I save a lot of time being able to use my phone, laptop, or tablet to enter meals and other day care information on KidKare. It is user friendly. At the end of the month and it is time to turn in menus KidKare makes it so easy to do. Saves time and paperwork. I definitely recommend KidKare to other providers at our meetings. I would recommend providers to at least try it and see for themselves.

Minpunten

Sometimes the internet is out and you can not use, but that rarely happens. All you have to do is write down and then enter it later.

Elizabeth
  • Sector: Facilitaire diensten

Great site.

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

Overall is it a great site, you just need to bring some things up to date. Other than that is a easy to use site.

Pluspunten

I would say pros would be easy to use. I do think it needs some more work, but over all its easy to use.

Minpunten

You have to switch to another page to see how many times you selected a child for a meal. Or inputting the check in and check out times. You must go back and put AM or PM. Also I don't like the time out per day. Some days are so busy by the time I go entered my computer is either dead or the page just keeps loading and it takes up a lot of time especially when I am tried and just ready for bed.

Isah
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Love having an option for me to record my childcare suppers on the web

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2020

By and large: I love my experience the extent that my youngster care business goes. I have not utilized the bookkeeping programming yet I am thinking about pursuing that. As I expressed, the client support side is the main destruction up until this point. I haven't needed to utilize the client support for some time so I expectation it has improved.

Pluspunten

I love the simplicity and accessibility on various gadgets to record my dinners and participation.

Minpunten

Customer administration is exceptionally moderate when you do require help...it takes days and once in a while weeks to find no solution most occasions. Extremely baffling no doubt.

Hattie

easy to keep track

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2018

My overall experience is that how well it keep track and I can go back at anytime and check on something. I started using this program when it was first introduced to my food program and I love recording on paper sucks,

Pluspunten

How easy it to select the proper foods and i like that unless I put the required foods in for a certain meal the system will let me know and I won't be able to continue until I do.

Minpunten

At this time I can't think of one thing that I least like.

Mei
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Making my work so easy

Beoordeeld op 25-4-2019

The staff always answer my questions and help me resolve whatever issues I have. As busy as they are, they take the ccx time to return my calls and emails in a timely manner. I truly appreciate what the staff have done for me and my organization MAKING MY WORK SO EASY.

Pluspunten

Software is easy to use. The best part is the supportive and friendly staff. They are so helpful.

Minpunten

None. I like this software alot. If there are issues, the wonderful staff helps me resolve them.

Georgina

Comprehensive and Simple

Beoordeeld op 11-6-2020

Great experience. I find myself digging deeper to see if I can find additional helpful features.

Pluspunten

The menu planning is great and has all of the options needed. Even someone who lacks food planning knowledge can find this software appealing.

Minpunten

Not having the option to print all reports in color if desired. Have the ability for color in the reports allows for distinguishing different categories of information.

Rose

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Feelings

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

Pluspunten

It has been so easy to use! The only thing that has been a challenge for me is posting the food of the plan menu for the week. I will have a day almost posted and hit to stroll down and I end up deleting what I have done. It would be so helpful if you had to hit to DELETE to delete your work!

Minpunten

using the month menu planning form I have to much to do to sit here and write you fourty work it is simpl I like or I do not

Heather

KidKare Review

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2018

Pluspunten

I like that the program is always available. Sometimes I'm so busy and I cant get to the computer right away, so I jot things down and log in later. The program is pretty easy to navigate and self explanatory.

Minpunten

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I don't like how the rules and laws keep changing, but it has nothing to do with KidKare.

Brenda

Love this program.

Beoordeeld op 19-12-2018

Overall my experience has been a positive one.

Overall my experience has been a positive one.

Pluspunten

I love that I can access this program from any device. It's mostly simple to use. There are more features that I have not accessed yet but the portion I do use helps to eliminate having to deal with more paper.

Minpunten

Re-enrolling children is a challenge. I end printing out old enrollment forms and changing the dates.

Tamara

What a time saver

Pluspunten

KidKare has cut the time spent entering our childcare's daily food count. Love all the features and the fact it works on any device.

Minpunten

This may only be on my phone, but it is frustrating that everytime I click on a food category my keyboard pops up; blocking the list. So, I have to close the keyboard out before I can select a food item.

Dana

Great Software

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018

Love It!!!!

Love It!!!!

Pluspunten

I really enjoy how fast and easy you can work with the app on any device. I have never had any difficulties with the software and SWHD can fix any issue that I have had in the past. I highly recommend this software to providers.

Minpunten

Time to Time the software will run slow due to high usage but nothing major.

Kristin
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

KidKare

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018

We have used other programs and this is by far the easiest to use, and accurate. With the ability to run reports we can see any issues or concerns long before they become an issue. We also love the fact that we can track and run reports of our choosing anytime. It is also super simple to use and keep up on all our daily tasks!

Pluspunten

It is easy to use. Overall the easiest system we have used, We don't use all the options at this time. I think for the attendance, reports, food tracking are all amazing. Very minor issues if any!

Minpunten

You can't always see the drop down boxes options. To have a scroll option would be great and sometimes the words used don't match what I am putting in.

Patricia

• Klantenondersteuning

I like being able to go to the computer and everything I need is always at my fingertips!!

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018

Pluspunten

I like that the kids kare program is so easy to navigate and that it has everything we need whenever we need it.

Minpunten

I don't have anything negative to say. Maybe I wish there were more options in the pre selected groups! That helps when I make my weekly menus. Other than that you're doing a good job!

Shannon

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

so easy to use and love doing it all on line

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019

Pluspunten

It really is easy to use and you can do everything on line rather than doing paper menus. And I love that I don't have to purchase a program to use it with my iMac anymore.

Minpunten

Nothing that I can think of. I don't like that I have to check in the kids but that isn't a software problem.

ANGELA

The Best Ever

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018

I love KidKare because it alleviate paper and help with bookkeeping, it help with menu preparations and help me to create healthy meals for the children.

Pluspunten

This software is convenient and save me time that I can spend with the kids.

Minpunten

This software often causes errors that causes reduction and delays in payments

Kim
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

Excellent Resource

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2018

It has been an excellent business saver time and money wise. I am so grateful for the wonderful resource it has been to my large home daycare. Thank you.

Pluspunten

No cost for organizing your daily meals. It is so simple to use and takes very little time.

Minpunten

Having to check the children in for the first meal.

Beata

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Curiosity

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019

I haves good experience with kick are so far.

I haves good experience with kick are so far.

Pluspunten

That. Most or all the information the providers need are here to use. Also is very convenient.

Minpunten

The fact that we have to put in the information on the same day, not giving the option to do it later on especially when we are too busy.

Adriane

GREAT SERVICE

Beoordeeld op 1-1-2019

It is the best program by far. Not time consuming and easy to use. My best features is the access to the children file and you can go back and forth in the attendance.

Pluspunten

The software is very Easy to access and user friendly for any one.

Minpunten

daily attendance unable to print menu plan for the month

Janet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Happy

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

I love that I can grab my iPhone and enter the meals and attendance instead of getting on my computer and having to do it.

Pluspunten

The convenience of being able to use my iPhone to do most everything in the program

Minpunten

Sometimes it’s slow or shut down and your not able to get in.

Stacey
  • Sector: Facilitaire diensten

I like using KidKare!

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2019

It really has helped me organize my food planning.

It really has helped me organize my food planning.

Pluspunten

The overall ease and organization is brilliant.

Minpunten

When enrolling a new student, I can't go back and change certain things. I have to get it right the first time. I don't always get it right the first time.

Terri

KidKare

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2018

Pluspunten

It can be used on all devices and very easy to maneuver.

Minpunten

I have school age children return for care in the summer and it would be nice to put those kids in their own category instead of withdrawing and then have to reenroll them.