SpotOn

Sorteren op

Andrew

Game Changer

Beoordeeld op 23-4-2020

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pluspunten

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Minpunten

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Aloha EPOS, Clover en Toast POS

Redenen om voor SpotOn te kiezen

Support was horrible in our rates keep going up where are you and transparent. The system will slow down it’s very unstable. Used it for 8 years.

Redenen om over te stappen op SpotOn

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.
Nick

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2020

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

Pluspunten

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

Minpunten

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Rob

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Wouldn’t. Use payroll ……

Beoordeeld op 24-1-2023

Pluspunten

Not very much …not quite a bait and switch. Just bait and forget…

Minpunten

Still waiting for payroll….. no payroll company? Should have went with Aloha …..

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We hear your frustration and apologize that our Payroll feature is still being developed. We're busy perfecting this product and hope to have it to you as soon as possible!

Kimberly

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Need an account representative

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2022

The phone help support is amazing and they are readily available for assistance. My only complaint is that I don't have an account executive and if I do I can't reach them i have been trying for months and still can not get assistance. The general support has sent emails but no one reaches our.

Pluspunten

Pretty user friendly and the customer support is great

Minpunten

Satisfied with software very unhappy with the fact I can't reach an account executive

Customer service and accessibility

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and providing this feedback. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Restaurant Success Manager or Account Executive, but I need some additional information like your restaurant's name to look them up. Please reply to me here at [email protected] so I can better help support you! Best,

Julia
  • Sector: Computersoftware

The best POS system I've ever used

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2020

The software is great, but the best part is the customer support! Real people that care about your business built your menu for you, do extensive menu reviews until it's 99% perfect, and then come install it and stay with you the whole first day! When you need manager or back-of-house training, they will dedicate hours to you to make sure you understand everything you need to know. And there's all kinds of cool bonuses, like the reporting app, manager app, and even social media review management!

Pluspunten

I love that SpotOn is so intuitive and easy to use. The extensive reports are extremely helpful to gain valuable insight into your business, it comes with online ordering built-in (so you don't have to pay a 3rd party) and you can run multiple restaurants from one back office. Cloud-based means you can do all paperwork from anywhere, and the back office is extremely easy to navigate.

Minpunten

That more restaurants don't use it! It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then!

Aloha EPOS, Upserve, Clover, Revel Systems en Toast POS

Redenen om voor SpotOn te kiezen

I've actually tried many different POS systems in my career in the restaurant industry, and SpotOn is the only one I would recommend to restaurant owners. The staff loves it, the managers love it, and the owners love it because it helps the have happy staff, become more profitable and save everyone a tremendous amount of time!

Aloha EPOS

Redenen om over te stappen op SpotOn

None of these other systems have anywhere close to the level of support as SpotOn. I used to have nightmares about calling support for Aloha, Clover, etc, but now I actually enjoy calling support! A human at their call center in Detroit picks up immediately! Plus, you can tell that SpotOn was built exclusively for restaurants, unlike many others that are credit card companies first.
Rachael

Progressive POS

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2020

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Pluspunten

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

Minpunten

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

Nick

Best system ever!

Beoordeeld op 16-2-2020

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pluspunten

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Minpunten

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Tori

Great product

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2020

Pluspunten

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Minpunten

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Tim

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

New customer

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2022

So far it has been positive. My menu builder, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was great, very friendly and engaging. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our install and training and she was phenomenal, super friendly, fun, informative & thorough, I highly recommend her to anyone. My salesperson [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been great to work with as well.

Pluspunten

The system is very user friendly, from both the front and back of house. We have yet to open but we are excited to see the system in action. The SpotOn team members I've dealt with to date have been very friendly.

Minpunten

As previously stated, we have not opened yet so we haven't encountered any problems to date.

Suzy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Good and Not-so-good

Beoordeeld op 25-8-2022

Our rep has been very accessible. The system provides much useful information. Responses to tech support has been prompt, but not always able to help with problems.

Pluspunten

Accurate and quick information about sales and labor is very helpful. Accumulation of customer information is also very helpful.

Minpunten

Communicating with customers via email and push notifications has been challenging. Ease of use of this feature would greatly improve our business, and I wish we'd have been aware of this difficulty beforehand. There is only one useful highlighting feature; the others are too dark to be useful. The push notifications (sending text messages to customers) worked for two weeks. After that and several calls to tech support it is still not workable - it's been 3 weeks!

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for this candid feedback, Suzy. As a growing tech company, we are always making improvements to our product and appreciate your patience as we improve push notifications from the product side!

Ben
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Premium Features and Unrivaled Transparency

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2021

SpotOn continues to be an invaluable technology partner that listens well and proactively presents innovative solutions to drive our business forward.

Pluspunten

True, cloud POS with the flexibility to run on a myriad of different hardware devices.
It just works. Low-maintenance and reliable even at high-volume restaurants.
An innovative and evolving platform that adapts quickly to the changing needs of the restaurant industry.
Transparent pricing with no long-term contracts.
The sales and implementation teams were there every step of the way.
User-friendly. Training our service teams was simple and exciting.
Robust suite of features: DoorDash Drive, Waitlist/Reservation Management, Online Ordering, Marketing/Loyalty.

Minpunten

Would like a more robust first-party delivery module and/or more delivery integrations and more best-in-breed integrations in general.

Revel Systems en Toast POS

Redenen om over te stappen op SpotOn

Hardware flexibility, price, no long-term contracts.
Teri
  • Sector: Halfgeleiders

SpotOn is #1 choice for our POS

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2021

Excellent service and program, if they don’t offer it, just ask and they will get it.

Pluspunten

All aspects of the service. The POS, merchant services, reservations and reporting.

Minpunten

Haven’t found anything wrong with SpotOn at this time.

Redenen om voor SpotOn te kiezen

So I could monitor our bar from anywhere.

Aloha EPOS

Our sales representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
Tobby n Tabitha

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Troubles gone away

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2020

There are so many people that have helped during the process of setup. The customer support is the best part. I never felt alone or as if things wouldn't get better. Great team! Great product.

Pluspunten

Once everything is setup, the software is very easy to use. Not rocket science like I tell my staff. You click the right buttons and everything is a breeze.

Minpunten

The setup was awful. It took awhile to get things the way we needed them. Between us not knowing what we needed and Spot on trying to read our minds the process was rough but once we got it setup it has been great.

Square Point of Sale en Clover

Redenen om over te stappen op SpotOn

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the sales rep sold the product well.
Karen

Best POS on the market

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2021

Pluspunten

What isn’t there to like. As a restaurant owner the easy payment options when first signing up was so helpful.
So efficient and you can personalize this to your restaurant by adding your logo to the receipts, Personalized note.

Minpunten

I am honestly having a hard time finding a con. They are quick on fixing “bugs” within the system or system issues

Heidi
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Regret switching to Spoton

Beoordeeld op 15-4-2022

Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where.

I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward.

I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions.
Ask to see marketing.
Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

Pluspunten

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system.
Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

Minpunten

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales.
There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website.
You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund.
Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it.
Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit trail and things are to easy to change. As soon as you change something there is no going back. It is done and updated. Should have a confirm before changing.
Things would randomly change over night. I believe that Spoton people would go in and think they are fixing something but it would make it worse.
Implementation did not go well due to so many menu issues. Ended up need to duplicate a number of items one for online ordering and one for the POS due to they don't work together.
Some reports you can't view more than 1 day a time.
Day of the week starts on a Monday vs a Sunday. Extremely annoying for me. Weekly reports are Monday - Sunday. Cant find a way to fix this.
Marketing and loyalty are a joke. Marketing campaign does not tell you how much sales were done via a click through the campaign. The templates for marketing are not very good. If you still consider Spoton after this do not go for the marketing. There are better options out there for the same or less price.
Sales tax has different amounts in the same report. They say to ignore one. So remove it.

Revel Systems en Toast POS

Redenen om voor SpotOn te kiezen

Was not Square for Restaurant so missing a lot of features.

Square Point of Sale en Square Online

Redenen om over te stappen op SpotOn

Cost and what I expected them to have. Nothing works really as they stated it would.

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at [email protected] for additional assistance in the future.

Katie

I love Spoton!

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2022

Well, we modified spoton and made it our online ordering system during lockdown.
It probably saved us $3k plus online ordering commissions.

Pluspunten

Easy to use, modifications are easy, wide range of variables built in to customize to your restaurants needs.

Minpunten

I wish I could customize a blackout time for a specific section by day (instead of all seatings) versus editing the floorplan exceptions. Example: when I know it is going to be 100 degrees tomorrow, that I could create a blackout time, for the patio, from 430-630pm.

Also, I wish we had more characters for reservation messaging.

Lady, I wish we could require credit cards for Google reservations (the verification code confuses people). They think it is a confirmation code.

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for your candid review, Katie! I'm really excited to share with you that we have some solutions for you. 1). Taking Deposits/Credit Card Holds through Google requires changes to the Google process, which we have not been able to do to this point. We will continue to try to get this capability through Reserve with Google.
2). Blocking reservations in a specific section during specific times of operation is currently in development and will be released later this year.
3). The program specifically limits texting to the 160 character carrier limit to control costs associated with the program and maintain Reserve's best value in the industry profile.
4). Reserve will be eliminating its use of verification codes for reservations with the upcoming June 2022 software update. We hope this helps!

Harshil

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Hidden Charges

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2020

I wasn't aware of installation charges If I knew it I wouldn't have them to come and install the POS which I could do very easily. I paid $750.00 which was automatic payment taken from my bank account.

Its really great for Restaurants

Minpunten

Speed and easy to operate

Give try to new Product on Market
brian

Stands out from others

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2021

Spot on has allowed me to consolidate multiple processes into one manageable platform. I can run 90% of my financial off one program that has been tailored to my needs by the spot on crew.

Pluspunten

It’s complete customizable dash allows you to have it your way. The ability to set reporting is also a huge plus. Once set up the way you want it, it becomes second nature and its ease of use is superb.

Minpunten

It took a while in the beginning to figure it all out and learn how I really wanted it set up. After the learning curve it became smooth sailing.

Redenen om voor SpotOn te kiezen

To integrate cloud solutions.

Redenen om over te stappen op SpotOn

Customization. Integration. Ease of use.
Aaron
  • Sector: Verzekeringen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Friendly usage and great technology

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2022

I have worked with spoton for more than two years and I can tell that the terminal and software are reliable. I have never had an issue with them and whenever I have a question I contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he is there to help. I have changed a couple of things in spoton and the level of response is fast. I can highly recommend it for any small and medium business.

Pluspunten

Friendly use for not experienced people. And availability to use on phone and computer

Minpunten

That is not free. I pretty much like everything from this product

Lisa
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

SpotOn Review

Beoordeeld op 23-2-2022

Pluspunten

The product is very easy to navigate and user Friendly.

Minpunten

Gift card functionality could be more user friendly.

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for this feedback, Lisa! We are still working on our gift card process but there are many improvements in the works. If you have any difficulties or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to [email protected] We appreciate you and your business.

carl

SpotOn is RightOn

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2022

Excellent product and service. Very responsive sale rep who stops at nothing to get things done Martha Codgill

Pluspunten

Ease of use and stability of software. Staff was able to actually operate without training.

Minpunten

none as software is very fast, reliable, easy to use, and stable.

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for this feedback, Carl! We love to hear this and appreciate your business.

Adam

Finally!!

Beoordeeld op 17-3-2021

Awesome!!

Pluspunten

After so many years of living with the dinosaur Aloha we have arrived at the wave of the future. Not only a great POS for restaurants but SpotOn has the most competitive merchant processing rates in the business! Support infrastructure is the best i've ever seen.

Minpunten

Wish the layout of some of the buttons was a little more user friendly.

Tony
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Spoton Review

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2022

We have been with Spoton since the Emagine days, we are very happy with the system and extremely happy that we still have our relationships with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pluspunten

Our bartenders love the platform for its ease of use, new bartenders coming from other Point of Sales systems rave about Spoton.

Minpunten

No real cons, would like to have the first line of support a little better versed in common issues and be a little more ready to move something to the next support level if not easily solved.

Antwoord van SpotOn Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Tony, thanks for the feedback! You mentioned needing a little more support from our frontline support agents. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Success representative if you'd like to email me your account name so I can introduce you! We are grateful for your business and appreciate the opportunity to help.

Sean
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Really Good POS software

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2020

Using SpotOn we have become more efficient as a business, reducing waste, tracking profits and trends as well as identifying areas of loss

Pluspunten

Configurability and reporting features, we can track just about every aspect of our business now.

Minpunten

Phone app sometimes logs out, and I wish they had more integrations

Price

Price
Stryker
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Thank you SPOTON!!!

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2021

Pluspunten

We switched from NCR Aloha in the middle of the COVID Pandemic - There ability to get us up and running with the POS and On Line Ordering was a a life-line!

Minpunten

The reporting took a bit of time to get accustomed to.