Pics.io

Cloudgebaseerde oplossing voor het beheer van digitale middelen

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
Functies
Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Anthony

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Pics.io revolutionized our agency asset management, reduced costs & optimized our creative...

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2019

It's a gamechanger for our agency, and we plan on using them forever. The cost structure is unbeatable since it's based on seats rather than media storage limits, which will save our agency hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. This is by far the biggest cost saving per SaaS our agency uses.

The DAM supports all the functions you would expect from a top tier DAM software, dynamic AI based tagging, proofing, large portfolio of media extension previews, extremely quick rendering, folder support with unlimited subfolders, meta data explorer/updater, and more. Its support for Google Drives makes it unique and adds huge value.

Pluspunten

We took a risk with Pics.io, it seemed like a newer solution in the industry and it was significantly less then what the competitors offered in terms of cost. But, it met our goals and needs perfectly. We wanted a system that would be able to seamless collect all our client's assets, which we're currently being stored inside of Google Drives and more importantly Google Shared Drives.

We did not want to significantly change our onboarding process and to keep it as is we needed to continue to use Google Shared Drives with our DAM software. I was a bit worried that it would be a ghetto implementation due to all the API work required to get software like this working, but it was flawless in the end.

The biggest driver for us was cost. Since we are a full-service media agency, we produce terabytes of information in terms of videos, images, raw formatted creative, and even some rare formats like 3D. The cost to do this with other DAM's would be easily 5-6 figures per month since we would need to pay by the GB. The ideal solution for us would be to use our Google Drives since we have UNLIMITED storage. Pics.io was able to deliver a fully working DAM with dynamic creative support and previewing using our Google Drive storage saving us hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.

I think it would be impossible for any other DAM to compete with this solution on cost and functions.

- Cost
- Integration with our Google Drive's and Google Apps
- Ease of Use
- Support
- Functionality

Minpunten

At first, some less common formats like PSB (Large Photoshop Files) did not have support at all for previewing and some larger PSD's failed to preview. This would have been a major issue for us, since the entire reason we decided to go with a DAM over just a Google Drive was to be able to quickly preview media files in mass. Pics.io was able to quickly fix these issues and add FULL support once we reached out to there support via LIVE CHAT! This was huge for us, since it's rare to have a SaaS turn around feature requests within a day or two on demand. Overall, support has been nothing short of exceptional!

Second issue, which hasn't been fully fixed yet, is the AI scanning / tagging of assets sometimes seems to fail with some formats. They have been working on making this better, so I'm not overly worried about it and it's not a hugely important function for us. For the most part, it works well.

Overall, Pics.io has been able to resolve any issues we experienced. As a DAM, it works very very well.

Bynder en Canto

Redenen om voor Pics.io te kiezen

Support for Google Drives, which allows us to save hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. It supports all the same features as leading DAM software, but Google Drive's and its SEAT based pricing model make it extremely unique and valuable. We already had ALL our media in Google Drives, so moving them into Pics.io was a seamless process for us.

Redenen om over te stappen op Pics.io

Pics.io had ALL the same functionality in terms of the DAM software, but it exclusively supported working with our Google Drives and it's SEAT based pricing model helped us save a ridiculous amount of money.

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Anthony, we highly appreciate your being with Pics.io and sharing your experience. We are continuously working on improving our product and our support team is always here to help.

Harsha
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Store my meta data with high security using pics.io

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2021

Compare to other Applications this found to be very useful in meta data storing and security is very helpful.

Pluspunten

File sharing and collaboration between our team members. Asset management one of the unique feature at any time. Find management and file sharing at any time and anywhere most helpful.

Minpunten

The pricing part looks Little bit complex compare to other applications, loading and accessing of large files takes bit more time which can be improved.

Angelo

• Klantenondersteuning

Comes up a bit short of the big giants

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2016

I used Pics.io for my personal photo business. I wanted a way to be able to collaborate with my fellow photographers and editors on certain projects and I found this software to be somewhat useful. I liked the fact that it works right on top of Google Drive, but I wanted something more to it -- maybe something more fluid streamlined. Maybe it hasn't dawned on me just yet, but I feel as if Pics.io is still not matured enough to compete with other software giants like Adobe, etc..

David
  • Sector: Architectuur en planning
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best solution to start with DAM.

Beoordeeld op 17-1-2020

I love it and am going to keep using and promoting it.

Pluspunten

Pics.io is easy to get started with any quantity of assets. I really appreciate having my assests under "my" control on the Google drive.

Minpunten

I dislike that I cannot trust other users to properly upload and protect the assets. They also do not use the library and continue to ask others for images or rely on their own inefficient system.

Canto

Redenen om voor Pics.io te kiezen

Cost, and ease of use. Web GUI is also a better fit.

Overgestapt van

Bynder

Redenen om over te stappen op Pics.io

Easy to start up, it was favorable to store files on a trusted server.

David,
Thank you for your review!

Holly
  • Sector: Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Fantastic value and stellar support!

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2019

Our photo library and photo management process had been a total cluster nightmare before we switched to Pics. We have thousands and thousands of photos that had previously been stored in a bunch of different places, haphazardly categorized, not syncing properly, and overrunning our hard drive space. Cleaning up that kind of mess definitely does not happen overnight, but I’m relieved that we now have the right tool to be able to do so. Now our main problem is just finding the time to transfer and organize our huge backlog, instead of fighting with the software as we had in the past.

Pluspunten

TONS of features and highly customizable. Too many to discuss them all here, but to cover just a few… My very favorite features are the hierarchical keywords / ability to use a controlled vocabulary for keywords (rare in products that fit in our budget), granular permissions for different user roles AND within specific folders, and "audit trails" that show who did what and when.

Pics.io’s “websites” feature is also great—this allows us to share various ad-hoc downloadable collections of photos with people in our community in just a few clicks (without needing to give them actual accounts) AND to auto-expire the “websites” on a particular date. We’re always getting photo requests from people, and so this feature saves us a lot of time (in our old system we had to just email photos to people or lend out flash drives or some other cumbersome thing).

Pics also has custom fields, which I love. I haven’t yet delved into using custom fields to their full potential, but even in my limited use of them so far, they’ve been great for miscellaneous details that we don’t want cluttering up our keywords or descriptions.

Last but not least, support is truly stellar. There is a built-in chat system within Pics, and someone almost always replies within a couple/few minutes. Everyone is always very friendly and helpful. Pics is also incredibly responsive to feedback and they've already implemented a couple of feature requests for me, which has made a huge difference for our workflow.

Minpunten

Although the search functionality is very robust, many of the more powerful searches require using specific syntax rather than the graphic search interface. I'm generally okay with that myself (although sometimes I get stumped and need to take some time to figure out a particular search), but some of my colleagues find using search syntax less intuitive, and so they can struggle to find things when the appropriate search in a particular situation requires using the syntax rather than the graphic search interface.

Navigating the results of a search can be a bit cumbersome if there are hundreds of results located in a number of different folders, since it’s not possible to get a bird’s-eye view list of all of the folders whose contents match the search query (there is a separate folder search, but that only searches for the names of the folders themselves). This isn’t a huge deal, since I can of course just scroll through all the photos or revise the search to exclude the individual folders I don’t want to have to scroll through, but I do find myself wishing that the two forms of search could be integrated.

But I have not put in a request about either of those things, and Pics has already changed the things that WERE on the top of my list, when I made the requests. So I’m not too concerned about this.

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Holly! Thank you for review. We appreciate your company being with us and continue working on our product.

Scott
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Amazing Digital Asset Management Program

Beoordeeld op 18-4-2019

I set out looking for a way to manage my digital assets so that they become useful to me, and didn't cost me more time trying to find what I wanted. Pic.io allows me to save tons of space on my internal drives AND backup drives by using an infinitely expandable Google Drive system, and does it all AFFORDABLE, not to mention that it can scale up to fit future needs. Customer for life right here.

Pluspunten

So of course, I LOVE the price levels in Pics.io, especially compared to all the other DAM software platforms out there. Past that, I LOVE the fact that they built this system to run directly from Google Drive, which is great affordable storage. I was able to use a program on my computer to upload ALL of my Digital Assets to the chosen folder on my Google Drive, and from there Pics.io worked its magic and is doing its part to keep me working. The ability to create custom tags, keywords AND custom fields is absolutely what I needed, all in a package I can afford that will grow with me into the future!

Minpunten

While I LOVE the fact that this system runs its storage directly from Google Drive, I do wish there was a way to run it from Amazon AWS Cloud Storage, or even my own on-site server. My catalog is huge, so uploading it all was a pain. I also wish that it did more automatic processing of things like keywords and details. I know some of that is impossible, but to a point, it isn't for basic info.

Ross

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

pics.io is a DAM great solution (har)

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2019

pics.io has helped us really make better use of our digital assets, better unlocking the potential of our work. we've still only scratched the surface of building our processes to leverage pics.io

Pluspunten

Pics.io does what you want out of a DAM while leveraging the power of google drive for storage. It is priced very competitively and has been adding new features at a rapid pace. The support team has been very responsive and actually adds features we request. How bout that!?

Minpunten

i haven't had any complaints so far. pics.io is a newer platform compared to some other DAM systems, so it might be missing features for some people

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Ross, we are happy to hear that you enjoy working with Pics.io. Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Jonny

Phenomenal Platform, Better Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2020

See the above. I love Pics.io and have enthusiastically recommended and referred many industry colleagues to the platform.

Pluspunten

The versatility of Pics.Io makes it an absolute no brainer of a platform. It has all the functionality we need to effectively organize and view our content along with a huge array of additional features such as metadata tagging, simple website deployment for client review, and multi-level/team usage that make it indispensable. This paralleled with unrivaled customer support make it one of my all time favorite pieces of software that I've had the pleasure of deploying while in business.

Minpunten

There are a few nit-picky bugs here and there, but the customer support is always on top of user feedback, which has made these bugs/cons a non starter.

Maksym
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

"Great fit for my company "

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2021

"When we've started our journey of managing digital assets, we were at first quite content with using free storage options to store our files, internal docs, and marketing assets.

However, as we've delved deeper, we realized that our pipeline became quite messy: backlog build-up made it so we'd return to campaigns and projects weeks and months after initial planning. So the conventional wisdom of relying on our memories kinda failed us there and we were struggling to remember which picture went where, so we started to think about a solution to our problem.
"

Pluspunten

I got pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be a budget solution in comparison to the competitors. Also, the support team was quite responsive when we've had questions

Minpunten

The UI felt a bit intimidating at first. There are so many options and configurations inside this DAM that it felt a bit paralyzing - I wasn't quite sure what goes where at first. Thankfully, as I've already mentioned, customer support is on point - they swiftly replied to my concerns so while it might take you some time to get the ropes, you're not left to fend for yourself.

Arnold
  • Sector: E-learning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy & simple DAM to understand, administer and implement at a cost effective price

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2019

Pluspunten

It took me barely few hours to get a hang of the platform and test out the basic features I needed. I work with several remote freelancers and hence managing the content workflow was a challenge for me.

I really like the integrations available into Google so you have almost unlimited space at very low cost, as well as the integrations into Adobe products. I appreciate the ability to collaborate and review work products at multiple levels and the features that allow you to edit, rework and approve with appropriate security authorisations.

Although I do not use the feature much yet, I really like the auto keywords feature that generates keywords for meta management.

Minpunten

I don't have any specific cons that I would like to highlight at this stage.

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Arnold, we really appreciate your kind words. Thank you for your review.

ELENA

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Most comprehensible asset management tool so far but one glitch in the beginning sorta spoilt...

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2020

Overall, we liked it and kept using it even after the folder were killed thanks to the tagging

Pluspunten

We used the tool to tag and share 4000 images among various parts of our projects. We liked the color tagging, word tagging, folders and various sorting tools which also included the search for untagged images

Minpunten

However at some point due to a glitch or a mistake by one of our users the google disk storing our actual files got disconnected from the pics.io account and on reconnection all our folders became a mess. Thank god tags survived, but folders were gone and we had been relying a lot on them. Turned out that uploading images through pics.io was a mistake. We should have uploaded the folders and images straight to the google disk and then synchronise it with pics.io. If it was part of the training on how to use the tool, then we had missed out on it.

Elena,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience disconnecting Google disc, however this is normal behavior of the system. To prevent misunderstanding, we show a big modal window explaining that disconnecting Google disc will lead to losing folder structure.
We keep working on constantly improving on-boarding flow and will be happy to hear your suggestions
Thank you again for being Pics.io user.

Simon
  • Sector: Luxeartikelen en sieraden

Pics - It was and still is the right DAM system for us

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019

Pluspunten

-Using Google Drive as the backbone let's you profit from features of both software platforms (pics and google drive).
-It writes Metadata directly into the asset files. That is a great feature
-The team continuously improves the platform, one of the latest additions is the Adobe Integrations
-For a DAM it pics offers cutting edge performance at a great price

Minpunten

It has to function within the file restrictions of Google Drive which poses some limits when working with one file on multiple locations... For example if one assets is put into two folders it will duplicate the real asset in the background (at least to my knowledge).

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Simon, thank you for being with Pics.io. We highly appreciate your feedback and always continue working on improving our product. Our support team is here to help with all the questions.

Rachel
  • Sector: Beveiliging en opsporing

Vastly improved workflow

Beoordeeld op 10-6-2021

Customer service has been top notch, questions are always answered in a and thorough and timely manner.

Pluspunten

Love the ease of use and ability to locate assets through both search, folder location and visual display. It has increased my workflow and makes my job so much easier. External sharing with search features is amazing too. Slick, sexy UI is no comparison to other asset management software I've looked at. The full free trial really solidified my decision to use this software. Most of all, I love that you can download different file formats from PSDs and Illustrator files. This has made asset sharing with team members a breeze.

Minpunten

Haven't found anything I don't like about it.

Bynder

Redenen om over te stappen op Pics.io

AI auto tagging plus search features.
Rob
  • Sector: Milieudiensten

Good Features, Good Price, Great Service

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019

We need to quickly get new media assets to our partners and our social media team and this does the job really well. It has been a life saver and is really easy to administer. Additionally, their support team is first rate. We have only been on board a few months but have seen the product evolve and improve. Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Pluspunten

The direct integration with Google Drive saves us lots of admin time. Pricing is much more reasonable than some of the competitors we evaluated.

Minpunten

Auto sync could use some improvement as it doesn't always work but all i have to do is hit a button to force a sync so it is no big deal.

Rob,
Thank you for being our customer.
Our CTO is currently working on improving our auto sync and it will be working perfectly very soon.
Thank you, again.

Duncan
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great for organising video assets

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019

Organising video content ahead of uploading to a Learning Management System (Fuse).

Pluspunten

Really easy to use, great organisation tools, good team collaboration tools, fantastic customer support.

Minpunten

The advanced search tools aren't well documented, and it would also be helpful to be able to search by metadata specific to video files, such as video length - although I believe this is on their roadmap.

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Duncan, thanks so much for your review. Your request is already on our features roadmap list. We appreciate our users' requests and add them to our roadmap. Thank you for using Pics.io!

Dave

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A professional product that's affordable

Beoordeeld op 26-12-2019

Overall it's a great tool I've implemented for myself, I've been working with DAM systems for 3 years now and it is a great platform. I use it on a small scale, which is perfect but have yet to try an enterprise setup with it.

Pluspunten

The price and quality of a product like this doesn't compare. I consult and use various products with large corporations and small marketing companies, mine included, and this solves the issue of a useful tool that's within budget, and scalable depending on how large it needs to be. It has Adobe CC integration for designers, a public site to publish assets in an easily accessible area, uses your Google Drive storage, which is perfect if you'd like to also utilize the desktop folders and have the files downloaded. The interface is simple and easy to add metadata. Mobile site access is great.

Minpunten

I'd like to see improvement with the public sites to customize specific assets or use various collections, as well as customize the layout, as well as easily sharing to other apps, social media. It's not a dealbreaker though, as it definitely keeps up with the other competition.

Dave,

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback and continue to improve our solution.

Dave
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Pics.io Review

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2019

Love it. Works great and consistent.

Pluspunten

Price and simplicity - works well for org size

Minpunten

I would like a mobile app and increased mobile functionality

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Dave, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We continue working on our product and the mobile app is on our road map.

James
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great value: bring your own storage

Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021

Pluspunten

Software as a service... quick ramp up. Using our own storage means we control the data.

Minpunten

On S3 storage, vs Drive, office documents are not trackable in the system. Drive provides Google Docs to manage office document types.

Widen Collective en Pimcore

Price, storage management, features
Pratik
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Anders Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Reliable Asset Management, Too Fast and Secure ! Love the Interface. Very Easy to Understand

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021

I am fascinated with the Pics.IO DAM for Managing the Digital Assets. I am mostly a Google Drive User.

Pluspunten

Addons for different platforms. The Blog Resources and the Training Lineup for managing the resources.

Minpunten

The Pics.IO is a Cloud Service, an does not have Desktop Applications.

Cloudinary

Redenen om over te stappen op Pics.io

The Simplicity in Integration and the Imapct of Sophisticated Galleries.
Jelle
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Pics.io is amazing when it comes to DAM

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2022

Pluspunten

Pics.io is easy to get started with, their customer service is very friendly and does the best to help you. Never had any problems with using Pics.io. I choose Pics.io because I wanted my files on a trusted server.

Minpunten

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Pics.io except that I think the prices could be more competitive.

Monica
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Everything we needed in a simple to set up and use tool

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019

We didn't have anything in place to manage creative provided by our team of photographers. We wanted to have a central place where photos could be organized in a flexible taxonomy that would enable easy search for assets based on author, date or other basic tags
The trial was easy to set up and the pics.io team was there at each step to answer our questions and offer best practices.
Adoption was easy as the tool is quite simple to use for all roles involved

Pluspunten

User interface is quite friendly and intuitive
Set up was simple and didn't require much technical knowledge
Great customer support.

Minpunten

While there's an ample selection of alerts, I cannot configure to receive them selectively, for example: if a comment is entered on an asset. I can select yes or no receive but I cannot receive ONLY for my assets.

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Monica, thank you for sharing your impressions using Pics.io. We continue working on the features that you might fid useful.

Valeria
  • Sector: Entertainment
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best software for storing (and sorting!) pictures

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2021

Had the best experience with the Customer Service! They are very kind, available and helpful. Totally recommend it !

Pluspunten

Very easy to use, nice and pleasant graphical interface, reliable

Minpunten

Nothing in particular, never had any problem with it

Ole

Easy to get started

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2021

Very useful product that works fine wherever I am working from.

Pluspunten

We needed a better way to save stock photos and videos, so that everyone in our (marketing) department could access the pictures. So far it works good, and it didn't require a lot of effort to get started (once our IT-department had set everything up for us). We will use Pics.io externally also, but we're not ready yet. From our testing it seems promising.

Minpunten

So far the experience has been positive. I still have lot of features to try out, and can't think of anything negative.

Antwoord van TopTechPhoto Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hello Ole, thank you for choosing Pics.io. We are very happy that you are with us and hope that you will use more of our features for your business soon.

Ariel
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Almost but not quite

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018

Pluspunten

Supported across many platforms is a big plus. Place all my images the a collections folder. The search function is also very useful.

Minpunten

There are better software solutions out there that do a similar job not to mention are cheaper, namely Google.

aleksey

Great service

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2016

Easy to add new revisions, compare it, discuss with the customer directly in the chat (they called it "activity panel"). I can finally put all images into folders ( collections"), add tags, keywords, colors, etc. Powerful search. I create from some collection web-site gallery and send to the customers, right in the Picsio, right now.