MindMeister

Cloudgebaseerde tool voor mindmapping voor organisaties van elke omvang

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021

Enjoying using this mind mapping tool

Enjoying using this mind mapping tool

Pluspunten

Intuitive mind mapping tool that for the most part is free to use. Obviously if you need / want all the 'hokey kokey' features you have to upgrade, but i have found that, at the moment, the free version is suffice for my needs.

Minpunten

All the printing downloading can't really be done with out upgrading

Overwogen alternatieven

MindManager

Redenen om over te stappen op MindMeister

free
Florian
  • Sector: Milieudiensten
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Flexibility matters

Beoordeeld op 16-4-2021

Mindmeister works very well to visualize networks. Maybe a 3D-version woud be nice too?

Pluspunten

Very easy to use, mindmap automatically makes space for new items

Minpunten

missing option for cross-linking of items without an arrow
no adaptation of design of item and subitems
more detailed selection of subitems to be included into a slide

Amir

ease of use,
minimal preparation,
online collaboration

Available themes,
Tree like structure of mind map and not being able to create graphs of ideas,
not using the dimensions efficiently. (x axis may mean depth, y axis may mean breadth)

Antwoord van Meister

Hi there Amir, thanks so much for reaching out! I've forwarded your suggestion about embedding graphs/tables/spreadsheets into mind maps to our product team. It's a great idea!

For now, you might find it helpful to attach a spreadsheet to a node, or to create an image of a graph/chart and insert it into your mind map.

If you have any questions, be sure to reach out to us on Twitter at @MindMeister or to send us an email at [email protected].

Thanks again and happy mapping!

-Andrew

Dimitri
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Turn ideas into action! Connect mind maps with task management

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2019

It leaves only one question open: How can anybody work efficiently without these two fantastic applications??

Pluspunten

Think about it: For the first time ever, Mindmapping and Task Management are perfectly connected with each other! And both applications are uniting simplicity and efficiency in such a great way that you really want to work with them every day. No matter, whether you do brainstorming in a meeting, or need to sort your thoughts for to launch a new product, starting a new marketing campaign, ordering your competitive data or just simply make notes about a class you are intending, there is only one perfect tool you can easily use for everything: MindMeister.
MindMeister is not only a stoning beautiful and absolutely intuitive application, but it super effective and supporting your efficienc by directly creating tasks and assigning them to individual persons.
In case somebody missed the meeting, or you need to replay how the mindmap got built, simply click on the replay button and it gets constructed again right in front of your eyes.
Generate impressive powerpoint presentations with a click of a mouse button or manually in just seconds.
Collaborate interactive online on the same maps in real-time. Build knowledge bases by connecting mindmaps with each other.
You will never forget anything anymore because you will find any information easily again in one of your mindmaps.
On top of everyhting, MindMeister has a number of templates integrated for the majority of your needs, like SWOT analysis, decision matrix, homework planning, exam preparation, lesson and many more.

Minpunten

Nothing. MindMeister in combination with MeisterTask is the only right tools you will ever need for an efficient task and project management.

Colin
Colin
  • Sector: Computernetwerken
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

MindMeister - Easy to use, powerful and flexible Mind Mapping software

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2019

If you use Mind Mapping (and you should), Mindmeister is a great tool. Users are productive from day one; additional features to embellish maps can be used after the mapping exercise to create a passable presentation. As it is a SaaS product, easy to have several people contributing to a map. Highly recommended.

Pluspunten

Very easy to use - the tool doesn't get in the way of the process; critical for mind mapping
Reorganise and rearrange maps easily - even create submaps with links back to parent
Good integrations - e.g. Microsoft Teams
Can publish maps to public library, embed on website or share as editable or view only

Minpunten

Few complaints; resizing images could be easier (tough to grab the corner!); the interface could be prettier, but I'd sooner have functionality than pretty.
Printing large maps on a single sheet or PDF is trickier than it needs to be.
Sharing process could be simpler.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Fast brainstorming and collaboration

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2022

Pluspunten

I used MindMeister in several brainstorming sessions, during Agile software development projects. The best thing about it was how it enabled the team to collaborate real time in the creation of the project mind map. The web interface is clean and usable, and you can also do everything by using only the keyboard through shortcuts to add/edit/remove mind map nodes.

Minpunten

Unfortunately there are limitations in the basic plan, so if you need to have more than a few mind maps active you need to upgrade to a paid plan. Also, not all export options are available. Finally, I'd reccomend a fast internet connection if you plan to collaborate with your team, since real time collaboration is more resource-consuming.

Overwogen alternatieven

• Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

New User Interface Impossible

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2023

Pluspunten

Mind-mapping function not bad but forces order, length and position of topics such that producing a balanced map is extremely difficult.

Minpunten

The new User Interface / Menus have made it impossible to even find your mind-maps;Account details and subscriptions no longer reflect reality such that every time I try to navigate, I'm offered an upgrade to something I'm already paying;Help and Contact Us menus just take you round in circles; a truly appalling experience that wastes my very valuable time; I've now had to cancel my account - laughably I'm warned at least 3 times that all of my mind-maps / data will be irretrievably lost - strangely enough I have cancelled the account specifically because of this - it's already lost or 'hidden' in a nonsensical UI. I suspect I will however continue getting charged for the service...

Edgar
Edgar
  • Sector: Musea en instituten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A professional mind mapping option cheap and online

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021

I actually did like it. After login a quick tutorial gets you mind mapping after a few clicks and other five tutorials get you using the whole interface on the fly.

Pluspunten

Mindmeister has been around for quite a while, and as well as other mind mapping software its main goal has been making things simpler and simpler.
Professionals from any field have two things in mind: shortage of time and exporting options.
Mindmeister's evolution has gone online with in browser mind mapping app and also computer installed versions as well as mobile apps. It's new price packages are quite reasonable but you can start making up to three mind maps for free on its basic free version.

Minpunten

Exporting options are only available through paid accouts, have that in mind in case you are considering testing it out first.

Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

great tool

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2018

It easily helps me to lay out what needs to happen next in my phases of growth. Goal setting and steps on how to achieve my hopes in a clear visual way.

Pluspunten

The use of getting all of your thoughts out on the map and then organizing it all into a well-thought-out plan of action.

Minpunten

Every mind map I've ever used has its own quirks and it takes a little time to figure out how to use the information and the tools.

Sergio
Sergio
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

Awesome Mind-Mapping Software!

Beoordeeld op 24-3-2022

Pluspunten

Have a great idea that you want to launch or turn into a start-up in your mind? Mind Meister is the productivity tool you mind to translate the mapping into your mind to a practical scheme you can share with your colleagues and teammates.

Minpunten

The free plan offers very limited functionalities and features.

Calum
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Anders 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Unreasonable company to deal with.

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2021

I do not recommend MindMeister. We paid for and tested the software and it did not meet our needs. When I was invoiced another 12-months, I requested a refund advising that I had forgot to cancel they refused. As a small business we are now out of pocket for something we aren't going to use. Even if I decide to revisit software like this in future, they will not be on the list.

Pluspunten

We tested the software and found it wasn't for us, we had paid for a year however but it sat there and did nothing as we did not use it.

Minpunten

Nothing to report on. We just found better software.

Hi Calum,

Thank you for your review!

We're sorry to hear you had a bad experience with MindMeister. Please let us know if we can still help with a refund.

Kind regards,
Your MeisterTeam

Alberto Nahum
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Not the best product for a casual mapping guy like me

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019

I was trying to solve the first stage of a research project. How to picture the whole process: reading, drafting, and proofreading an academic article. I use maps especially for the drafting part: I sketch the whole article and I include in the map some direct quotes I have to include, which arguments I have to make in every part and so on.

Pluspunten

-The best thing was the option of testing the product for free, with up to three maps.
-It is also objectively a strength of the app how customizable every map can be. But, as I explain later, that is a little overwhelming for casual, simplistic users like me.

Minpunten

The interface is not as smooth and friendly as other mapping apps I have used. There are a lot of options to insert colors, symbols, and images. But, for me, it was distracting and it required a little bit too much of a learning curve. That is why I finally discarded it, after a few tries.

Rahul
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The most useful tool for all my strategies & planning

Beoordeeld op 30-3-2021

Pluspunten

Often when we are working on some projects, business ideas or anything that requires planning, we always look out for some tool to organize and arrange our raw ideas. There are many tools available but the mindmaps by MindMeister seems to be the perfect fit. The concept of mindmaps with connections make the task easy and effective. It saves me a lot of time.

Minpunten

A few of my colleagues use mind node on mac and they say that the UI is better with a little more features. So, I expect MindMeister to include a little more features like connection customization and a little improvement in UI just like in MilaNote.

Jocelyn R
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

Easy app! Love it!

Beoordeeld op 16-2-2022

Amazing! I use MindMeister for personal and professional purposes. I've been a user for over 3 years now and I won't get tired of working with this software.

Pluspunten

I just love MindMeister. It's incredible all the kinds of mind maps you can create in just one website without spending a lot of time creating the template. I love that you can download the final document in different formats, such as PDF, JPGE, PNG, etc. First time I used MindMeister I was in awe since it was really simple to access and keep the information saved in one place. My students now use MindMeister and we love working on it.

Minpunten

Nothing, it is really simple and easy to use, plus we don't need to spend any money.

Antwoord van Meister

Hi Jocelyn, that's so great to hear! Thanks so much for your review. We couldn't be more thrilled to hear that you and your students love mind mapping with MindMeister. We always appreciate hearing form our long-term users. Be sure to reach out to us on Twitter at @MindMeister!

Also: check out our academic discounts to unlock additional MindMeister features for your class at a discounted price!

Denis
  • Sector: Civiele techniek
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

I used to be a loyal customer since 2017. I stopped using the tool, and they don't provide a...

Beoordeeld op 19-2-2023

Overall, I'm very disappointed with them.Don't spend a cent on them.Go for Miro.It provides much better functionality, it's free, and it's cuctomer oriented.

I used to like creating Breakdown Structures

Minpunten

Consider Miro. It provides better functionality, and it's free.1) Customer Service is horrible.I used to be a loyal customer. A year ago, I decided to support a team, and pay for a yearly membership. I haven't used the product, since I found Miro.On [sensitive content hidden] my credit card got charged for the annual subscription.I haven't gotten any heads-up emails or anything.On [sensitive content hidden] I reached the customer support center, and explained, as a consumer, I hadn't been using the product, and I'm not going to.They said they wouldn't provide a refund.That tells you a lot about the company.2) In order to cancel my subscription, I spent over 10 minutes Googling what to do.3) MindMeister provides a very narrow spectrum of functions. In miro, you can use iPad with great intuitive features.You can interact with other people in realtime, and it looks so much more fun.Miro is free, you will not need convince anybody to pay for the product.

César
César
  • Sector: Computerhardware
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The best tool to manage ideas and diagrams

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2022

In my opinion, it is one of the essential tools in every student's library, and I emphasize students because it is the public that I think can get the most out of it. It is a tool that saves time due to its simplicity and speed. An excellent program.

Pluspunten

It is a program that honors what it says, it is possibly the best concept map generator, it is a simple program to use, and the map creation tools as well as the export and collaborative work tools are incredible. The integration in various software such as Notion is an added point that makes it a much better program. The interface is good, and all creative processes are fast, which greatly helps productivity. It's great software for anyone who really cares about productivity.

Minpunten

During the time that I was testing it, I could not find any serious fault, it is a program that fulfills its objective in a great way.

Antwoord van Meister

Thanks so much for your review, Cesar! :D So happy to hear that you consider MindMeister an essential tool for your students. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @mindmeister to stay up to date on new features!

Janet

Helps me be creative

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

I design my own courses, and I use Mindmeister to help me outline and think through my course organization. At first I was not sure that it was worth the money. Because it was almost time for renewal, I decided to begin a new project and outline it by hand.

WIthin a day I realized that Mindmeister was definitely something that helped a lot. Not only can I move ideas around very easily, but I can also see my projects differently simply due to the ability to color similar ideas with the same color, and connect them to each other. Being able to move a chain of ideas without having to erase and start over was huge too. I realized that Mindmeister had been making a huge difference.

Pluspunten

I like the visual aspect of creating an organized plan.

Minpunten

I would liked to have an actual list of different short tutorials.

Kimber
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Intuitive, pleasing to use, and has all organizational features you could ever need.

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2020

Pluspunten

What I like the most about mindmeister is the ability to organize and customize how I organize on a very pleasing to look at platform. Everything is very seamless, easy to use, and even fun to use.

Minpunten

I wish I could get rid of the advertising on my screen to upgrade to premium, I wish mindmeister was more user friendly for free users who aren't apart of a big company or anything, and I wish they had a desktop app.

Jorden
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Probably The Best Online Mind Mapping Software For The Price

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2018

I have used MindMeister for both person and business. I was able to layout various course or programs for clients. I used to layout business processes. There are so many things you could use this for. I have over 100 different mindmaps!

It's also great for just braindumping ideas or brainstoming with other people using the collaborate feature.

Pluspunten

Mindmeister is very easy and intuitive to use. You have the ability to use various types of mapping layout including free form. I love that I can create presentaions and even export my mind maps into various forms

Minpunten

I don't really have anything negative to say. Using the desktop is much easier than the mobile version but it still works well.

Edward
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Favorite mind mapping software

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019

I have many projects that need to be visualized in order to keep track of them, and brainstorming really helps unload my ideas so I don't have to hang onto them in mind all the time. I know this is true of any planner book or software, but MindMeister makes it easy, quick and colorful to handle.

Pluspunten

I like how easy and colorful it is, intuitive to type in ideas, connect them, move them around, and easy to create tasks out of them, and link them into MeisterTask. I don't like software that claims too much of my time before producing results, and this is usable right away. Also, it's easy to look at, good design and colors. There are others I've tried which are very capable but hard to spend time with.

Minpunten

Can't think of something I don't like. I know the limitations of using a computer for brainstorming. It won't do my work or my thinking for me!

Espen
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to use mind mapping tool with great features

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

Mind mapping is by far the fastest an easiest way to collaborate with ideas and planning. It gives a great visual picture of your ideas to make sure everyone sees the same picture. Mindmeister does a great job in supporting that.

Pluspunten

It's a no nonsense mind mapping tool wich is very easy to use. Loads of different templates, templates and images to help visualise your plan.

Minpunten

I'm on a free plan, but it would be nice to have "guest" users add ideas to your map without having to sign up. As a frequent user that is sometimes a delay for the team.

Al
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A visual representation of life

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2021

I have called "My Life" and its just that. everything from the day-to-day to projects etc and it works so much better for me than other systems I have tried. I think it because i am a very visual person and see life as a web more than a list.
I am also using it for a course aI am taking it and find it so easy to locate info when I need to go back and find something.

Pluspunten

The ease of moving things around arranging and re-organizing is by far one of my favorite features. much easier then the copy past method used by alot of other products

Minpunten

So far it seams to be limited only by my imagination. I took a very inexpensive Udemy course to get more out of it and that was well worth it although if you are just using it for yourself that might not be needed.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers

Over 4 years of use

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2020

Pluspunten

The versatility and creativity and style options are what keep me coming back. I can outline books, storylines, blog posts, brainstorm content, prepare character outlines. It's truly enjoyable to use the program.

Minpunten

I dislike that I do not have other format choices for exporting on the basic plan. I would like the option to export a mind map in 1 format of my choosing versus being restricted to the format type.

Michael
  • Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

A perfect tool for supporting task tracking and ongoing discussions in complex projects.

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2020

I am using MindMeister to keep track on complex projects and to use it during status meeting for review of the current status and to capture all the brainstorming thats going on during those sessions. I find it very usefull to get a grip on all issues involved. I am using it activley in most of my discussions because it provides a graphicall depiction of the thought process that helps everybody involved to "get the big picture" while capturing and following up on the details as well.

Pluspunten

MindMeister is easy to use and offers all the functionality needed to get your ideas organized. It perfectly supports tracking of tasks and help covering additional ideas coming up along the way during your daily project life.

Minpunten

Until now I found most of the features I desired. I will update you once I found something missing.

Brian

Sucker Punch Business Model

Beoordeeld op 22-6-2022

Good looking product, but traveler be wary.

Good looking product, but traveler be wary.

Pluspunten

Looks cool, but beware of the trap door.

Not cool.
I just spent two hours creating a mind map. It looked great. When I tried to export it I got a screen that said I needed to upgrade to be able to download it. 60 bucks. Okay. I wanted to take another look at it. I clicked back one page and my map was gone. nothing. zapped. No option to save, take a minute to reconsider, or look at its functionality. That's a pretty horrible user experience.

Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for reaching out - I'm sorry to hear you lost data while using MindMeister, this should absolutely not be the case!

Please reach out to [email protected] and we'll do all we can to assist you.