Rain POS

Cloudgebaseerd POS-systeem voor speciaalzaken.

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Pheobe

An Outstanding POS System

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2020

I am able to work proficiently with everything except learning how to take my inventory and have it imported to QuickBooks.

Pluspunten

I am able to input inventory into the system in a timely manner.

Minpunten

I wish Rain Retail system would import my inventory over to QuickBooks. I have to input inventories in the system twice.

Liz

easy to use

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2021

It was easy to start using - the help button makes it easy to looking questions up and the tech support is great.

Pluspunten

I like how easy it is to add inventory and update the website as needed

Minpunten

the sizing and rotating of photos that I take

Daniel
  • Sector: Muziek
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Great at some things, not great at other things

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2020

Generally okay. first line support staff is very helpful and relatively easy to reach. Sales staff makes lots of lofty promises that are slow to be fulfilled. Developers are jerks.

Pluspunten

integrated POS and e-commerce website. web based makes it functional on any computer type. RTO module is nice.

Minpunten

Special Orders/Purchase Orders/Receiving Orders is grossly deficient. Reporting is not great. Prominent bugs in website text in regard to special characters. Lacks flexibility in some of the website design options. No rotation option for product photos. Label printing is terrible. No dimension option for shipping calculations.

Kim

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Rain Point if Sale has taken our small business to the next level!

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020

Rain Point of Sale has allowed us to expand our online sales exponentially, and allowed our inventory to be accurate and dependable. It is a huge reason why our business has flourished in the last two years!

Pluspunten

I am super happy with how my point of sale is integrated with my online sales and inventory. The product is easy for staff to understand and navigate, and errors can be corrected when necessary. The ability to access the software remotely is a huge plus, I can keep track from anywhere, or assist staff with sales or inventory when I am not in the building. The reports are easy to access, and accurate for accounting purposes, and provide us with the tools we need for planning for the future. The customer service is amazing, and I have always been able to solve any problems I’ve had with one phone call!

Minpunten

We are Canadian site, and the cashing in procedure does not allow us to use our coins, and therefore we don’t use the cash in/cash out component. That is my only complaint!

Kim

User Friendly

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2021

Pluspunten

Customer support. Software is easy to understand after basic lessons.

Minpunten

Something that seems would be an easy fix, never gets fixed. Example: Having the capability of being able to put "coming soon" or "pre-order now" on items that can go into our POS system, but because of containers stuck in the LA harbor, we just don't have items. We don't want our customers to think we can never get these items in (especially high ticket items like machines - they will go shop someplace else)

Overwogen alternatieven

Square Point of Sale

Redenen om voor Rain POS te kiezen

Wanted both stores on the same system.

Overgestapt van

POSIM
Tim

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

It works, but is not optimal for a Pet food store

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2021

No business problems are being solved. it is creating more than it is solving

Pluspunten

ease of access. I like being able to use the software anywhere.

Minpunten

the reporting features are not very helpful. also the bugs and anomalies that we experience on a weekly basis are annoying.

Overwogen alternatieven

Lightspeed Retail

Redenen om voor Rain POS te kiezen

desire to move to a cloud based platform.

Overgestapt van

CashFootprint Point-of-Sale

Redenen om over te stappen op Rain POS

price
Michael

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Overall review of Rain POS

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2022

Overall experience has been 90% positive, & with help from tech support, makes it easy to identify areas we need to improve our knowledge of the system

Pluspunten

Ability to track sales & purchases on a daily basis if needed

Minpunten

Length of time that it takes to make requested changes in the software

Karen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Rain POS

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2021

It works pretty well for me with some things that I would like to change.

Pluspunten

We have used Rain POS for many years. I appreciate that I can do so many facets of my business from one platform. POS, online sales, integrated inventory management, emails, and merchant services.

Minpunten

I would really like to have shipping integrated - when an order is placed, that it would be integrated with a shipping service like Shippo, which is what I use. The automatic emails would be useful if I could choose the products that were shown - like what is on sale. The automatic choices were so ridiculous - something old that was worthless in our system - instead of something we really wanted to promote.

Lori

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Review of Rain POS for Quilt Shops

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2021

Overall, I've been very happy with my experience and their software. Customer service has always been helpful if I had a question or issue. The software has integrated well with my QuickBooks software so that's been helpful as I'm learning QB. The efficiency I've gained by using this software versus going other routes has completely justified the value for me and my business.

Pluspunten

Once you learn the system and features, it's pretty easy and intuitive. I like how integrated everything is - purchasing, receiving inventory, online and in-store transactions. Adding new products through almost any of my vendors is fast and easy.

Minpunten

The software is under constant development which is good, but also challenging. I like that they are continually working to improve the product, but it can be time consuming to keep up with constant changes.

Tawni

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2020

For the most part, it's pretty good. Hope they continue to develop better reporting capabilities. Some quirks along the way - some get fixed, some they can't explain.

Pluspunten

I like that it integrates inventory between our point of sale and our website. We also like being able to access customers' purchase history.

Minpunten

Bare bones reporting, i.e. for sales data. Many reports offer zero or very few "drill down" options for specifics.

Brenda
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Building my RAIN site

Beoordeeld op 17-3-2021

I really LOVED the RAIN POS system. Unfortunately, my business went thru some major changes in 2019 leading up to 2020, so I had to disengage it from my site. If you are doing enough daily sales in a brick & mortar store, or even in a traveling store situation, it's a GREAT addition to your website. For me cost/value ratio wasn't efffective anymore.

Pluspunten

I loved the fact that setting up a whole new website platform was done with another human on the other end of the telephone that actually cared, listened and created a useable website for my customers. Step-by-step instruction helped me, an average end user, be able to manage a highly professional looking website. The integration of product sku codes, inventory, customer tracking, re-order points, everything was top notch and an added value for the cost.

Minpunten

I would like to be able to take custom orders, invoice the customer, and have the customer be able to make payments/purchases with that option. The PayPal platform fills this gap for me, but I would prefer to use the RAIN payment system as it is more cost effective.

Andrea

• Klantenondersteuning

Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support.

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2018

Pluspunten

Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Minpunten

There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

Todd

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

User friendly POS/Website for a small business.

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2017

Rain POS has allowed me to present the entire inventory of my retail shop available online. When photos for my items are not available from vendors, I snap a few with my iphone and they are uploaded in seconds.
I am not a computer tech by any means, but have found making changes to my site an easy task. When in doubt I find one of the helpful webinars and by he end of the viewing I am comfortable tackling the next task.
Customer service has been prompt and thorough. I have not had to call often, but when I do the matter is resolved within minutes. This is a plus as I typically operate my shop alone.
Recently I realized that I was not utilizing the SEO portion of Rain to it's fullest potential. My google placement was lagging back on pages 4 to 7. I spent 3 hours watching a webinar provided by Rain and spent a few weeks plucking away at my site. I am happy to say that 60 days later I am appearing on the first page of searches I deem important. One again I was able to accomplish this utilizing tools provided by Rain, not by paying an outside SEO company for this service.
Overall I am extremely happy with Rain and have recommended it to several other business in my area.

Pluspunten

Ease of use even for a person not formally trained in computer technology.

Minpunten

Just a few small glitches here and there, but they continue to make improvements and they are quickly resolved.

Allen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2017

We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Pluspunten

Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Minpunten

Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Cindy
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

Great system!!!

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2022

I had this when I had my yarn store in Alaska. I moved to Tennessee and opened a new store 2 years later and all they had to do way change my information and I was up and running again, all my inventory was intact and functioning. Totally awesome!!!

Pluspunten

It’s easy to use and the customer service is awesome. You get a live person 24/7. (that speaks and understands English)

Minpunten

It doesn’t work on my ipad, which is what I use in my store, instead of a full computer system. So I either have to call and ask you guys to fix stuff or wait till I get home on my Mac. (If it can wait, I’ll make notes as to what I need to do then, wait till I get home, but if not, I call you)

Miles
  • Sector: Muziek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Powerful, complete lifestyle upgrade for our business

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2017

Going from shopkeep (easy to use, not sophisticated enough for us as a music store) to RAIN was a challenge at first (uploading photos and product data, designing new site content, more product data entry, training staff in new roles) but, now that we are a few months in, we are seeing customers benefit from our work and we know we are going in the right direction.
RAIN is on the way to becoming the One Ring That Rules Them All of software that helps small retailers play on the same field as national chains.

Actual seamless pulling in of repair data to the transaction screen, one product data base for your stores and your website store, actual seamless pulling in of layaway payments and special orders to the transaction screen, easily see who is selling what and where.

Actual real effective help with re-order purchasing has helped us control spending in a very noticeable way. Time is saved because we only have to go through product order line items one time , then when it arrives, ONE click updates the cost for that instance and the count received.

Transfer tracking that takes almost no time to use.

integration

still developing some features

Daniel
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

Pinewski's Ski & Board Shop

Beoordeeld op 16-2-2017

We have been with rain for several years now and have been very happy with the ease of use of our POS system. The professional handling of all our questions and needs, and their customer service, has been second to none. We are continually learning as Rain continues to improve the functionality of their program. We would rate Rain as a top notch program.

Pluspunten

simple to use, but yet has the ability to fulfill all our POS needs.

Minpunten

the inability to make corrections to mistakes without contacting Rain i.e. reversing voids, having voided sales show up on my daily sales reports, and the customer history shot;ld show open sales and or on account sales as a different color or as an open sale rather than completed sale.

Kathi

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2018

Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

Pluspunten

I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

Minpunten

The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Angela

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

CIOS opinions

Pluspunten

inventory tracking is helpful in ordering - Notions is my largest ordering partner and great to bring over products automatically.

Minpunten

customer service hours - no help at night or on weekends and response has been slow.

Sharon

Control your Business

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2021

We have found using the employee time clock to be most useful.

Pluspunten

Knowing what your inventory is. To be competitive in today’s world, on line sales are a must.

Minpunten

Integration was time consuming as we had a large inventory to start. The more we learn about the software the happier we are.

Christina

Happy Customer

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2022

I am very happy and I don't plan on ever using anything else.

Pluspunten

I love that inventory reflects between shopping instore or online.

Minpunten

No is perfect and sometimes there are bug they get worked out.

Kathleen
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

Rain's Products and Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 1-7-2021

I had a website in the past that the point of sale disconnected two maybe 3 times each week. It was a nigtmare.

Pluspunten

What I like best about Rain's website software is how easy it was/is for me to learn.

Minpunten

I like the extra things I get for my website with the marketing package, but most of what the package does for me has not worked and they keep trying to make it work and it does not.

Louise
  • Sector: Maritiem

Rain Software

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2020

I have had a very good experience with Rain Point of Sale.

Pluspunten

This product is very user friendly and makes it possible to change or add things with ease. Customer service is always friendly and helpful.

Minpunten

The word processor can be a problem when trying to change font sizes.

Lauren

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

So happy I started using Rain!

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2021

Love it! Love the customer support I receive whether I call or email. Very helpful and patient staff!

Pluspunten

It was very easy to install/set up, especially with help from the set up team. I use it daily and can easily do transactions and input new products, or change information on existing products.

Minpunten

I wish the monthly payment was a little less :)

Susan

Like Sew Website Long Time User

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2021

The customer service is awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] help with every problem or question I have ever had

Pluspunten

Each upgrade and added function has been beneficial to my business

Minpunten

Need more flexibility with the slideshow