QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Bedrijfsbrede oplossing voor accounting, buitendienstbeheer en voorraadbeheer

(20.214)

Justin
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2022

It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pluspunten

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Minpunten

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

iCloud en monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QB is simply the most comprehensive and overall the easiest product to use to account for my small business. I didn't like the other options that I explored and felt that for the money, it was a good way to do all of my business and personal accounting.
DEBBIE

AWESOME PRODUCT

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2024

FANASTIC, MARVELOUS WONDERFUL. COULD NOT BE MORE SATISFIED

FANASTIC, MARVELOUS WONDERFUL. COULD NOT BE MORE SATISFIED

Pluspunten

THE EASE OF SETTING IT ALL UP AND THE EASE OF GETTING IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE IF I HAVE A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS SOLVING

Minpunten

GETTING DIRECT DEPOSIT SET UP FOR THE FIRST TIME. AND DROPPING THREE COMPANIES OFF PAYROLL WHEN I DISCONTINUED DOING THEIR WORK.

Jillian
Jillian
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Beware before importing transactions! There's no way to bulk delete them!

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2018

My bad experience erased all the good that could've come from Quickbooks. I just wasted two years of bookkeeping, two weeks of non-stop work in QBs preparing my 2017 Tax return that is on extension and I'm now going to get penalty fees from the IRS. They can't pay me for those fees and they can't give me back my time, but the least they can do is refund me for the two years of service fees that their representatives have rendered useless to me. I can't get any higher than a Supervisor Kayson in the Accounting Dept. I've begged and pleaded and told her that I know Quickbooks doesn't want this for their customers and that they should be informed of this disaster to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else and she refused, after begging for almost an hour, she said there was no one higher she could pass me onto. It just can't be possible, but that's how I was treated when the worst possible thing could happen to me and my business. It's not worth the risk. Please do your research and make sure this doesn't happen to you!

Pluspunten

No pun intended, but for the features that actually work well, they are very intuitive. They accommodate such a huge range of detail and diversity in what each business would require. Beautiful interface.

Minpunten

No one should use this product if you have to import a lot of transactions! 1. There is no way to batch delete transactions that you may import by mistake or that you decide later on you don't want (which is likely to happen because once you get over the learning curve and figure out how you want to use the software, you may have entered data that you no longer want). I found this out the hard way. After two years of data was entered, I was encountering issues related to how I originally added the transactions to my register and that I needed help fixing. But then multiple representatives kept only solving small portions of the problem. After the fourth or fifth rep saw my issue, she said that I had to start all over again entering two years of data into QBs. She had me disconnect my bank accounts, then "delete" them from the Chart of Accounts. This makes the account "inactive" BUT she failed to tell me that those transactions would never actually go away. They stay there in the background and mess up your reports. So because she had me then reconnect all my accounts and re-import two years of data for me to start over again, it essentially duplicated every transaction (thousands of them). Now my only option is to either manually delete every duplicate, which is not possible OR cancel my acct, create a new one and start over again. All the reps and supervisors I have spoken to have blocked me from anyone higher in the company. They refuse to refund me for any more than 1 mo.

Antwoord van Intuit

Hi Jullian. You've been through quite the ordeal, so I appreciate you leaving this honest and thorough review. I want to exhaust my resources to turn this around, so please know I have the tools and visibility to help. I encourage you to reach out to me at your earliest convenience ([email protected]). That's my inbox, and I'd like to dig into your account and ensure these data entry and import issues are cleared away once and for all. I'll help you do so with the least amount of strain on you and your time, as I realize you have a thousand other things to do than delete duplicates. You deserve better, and I'll see to it that happens.

I'll be on the lookout for your message, and I thank you in advance.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Yongmei

All-in-One Accounting Tool

Beoordeeld op 25-12-2023

Pluspunten

It is very comprehensive. So you can manage all accounts side of a company, especially a small business, in one software. Reconciliation hence is easy and straightforward.

Minpunten

It has a lot of features in the total package but as a small business, we don't use all of them so sometimes think that part is a bit of waste.

Reynaldo
  • Sector: Bankwezen

Quickbooks are Super Helpful

Beoordeeld op 27-3-2024

Fits our needs fairly nicely. I adore that it double-checks my calculations, reducing the possibility of human error. I use it every single day.

Pluspunten

I like this software and help me a lot in terms of accessing my financial records and my financial statement in a matter of seconds.

Minpunten

There is a minor issue with customer service; I had trouble canceling my previous account and was informed that it cannot be deleted. Other than that, nothing major is wrong.

clodagh
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise review

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2024

overall experience was great and i would recommend to others

overall experience was great and i would recommend to others

Pluspunten

i liked that it had very good tech support.
it is easy to use
definitely well worth the money

Minpunten

fixing a mistake can be a slow process because of all the steps you need to take after50

Angela
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Quick books - quick to keep you organized

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2024

Pluspunten

how user friendly it is and how quickly I learned how to organize my accounts.

Minpunten

The only thing I can think of that is a con is it does take a moment to load up on my computer when I sign in. No biggie

Joeffrey
  • Sector: Industriële automatisering
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Useful for my company

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2024

100% very accurate all the packages of this QuickBooks Desktop.

100% very accurate all the packages of this QuickBooks Desktop.

Pluspunten

Easy to used not Difficult to manage the program.. thank you!

Minpunten

Easy how to manage in my company like of man power.

ali
ali
  • Sector: Vertalingen en lokalisatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

so its useful for you

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2024

its good but just need some thing to be better like costumer services and easily working with this.i suggest it overall.

Pluspunten

I like accounting service and its services at all in front of all another in market its not expensive.

Minpunten

I think if costumer service can be better and also working with this is not so easy and its not good

Resha
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Great product

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2024

Pluspunten

I like the fact that I can easily organize and update information user friendly I like it

Minpunten

No issues or complaints it seems to do what it suppose to do

Antonio
Antonio
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2020

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pluspunten

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Minpunten

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

Andrew
Andrew
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pluspunten

Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Minpunten

There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

QuickBooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks online is very limited in capabilities.
Noam
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

Accounting Software with Advanced Features

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2023

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an extremely powerful accounting software that provides a comprehensive range of features. I found it to be highly customizable to meet my needs and the intuitive interface makes it easy to use. The only downside is that the software can be a bit expensive and requires a steep learning curve.

Pluspunten

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an excellent accounting software that offers a comprehensive range of features that are designed to help streamline accounting processes. It has an intuitive interface and provides a secure platform for managing finances. The software also offers a wide range of reporting options and is highly customizable to meet the needs of any organization.

Minpunten

The software is a bit complex to use and requires a steep learning curve. Additionally, the software is quite expensive so it may not be the best option for small businesses or those on a tight budget.

Tiffany
  • Sector: Openbare veiligheid

Advertising versus delivered

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pluspunten

This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Minpunten

We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

QuickBooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The owner of the company opted for Enterprise because of the PO tracking ability and being able to track multiple companies in one piece of software instead of paying per company like QB online. However, the tracking is for PO's we create and that is not how our company works. The PO's are given to us by our customers. Pro would have fulfilled our needs in this case.
Gary M
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

Using QUICKBOOKS since 2014

Beoordeeld op 24-8-2018

Overall, the software works very well, the tech support is excellent and the pricing is fair and reasonable. They offer credit card proceasing and employee direct deposit. We don't write checks any longer and that is a great savings in itself. Purchase it, take a few classes to learn the software program flow (it makes it easier to understand) and you won't be sorry. An excellent product for any business that has accounts receivable's and employee payroll. You can even do you monthly and quarterly taxes too!

Pluspunten

QB has excellent customer support. Even tho the support is base in India about 99% of the tech's are understandable and should you have trouble they allow you to ask for another tech without being offended. We use the P/R and A/R modules and they are easy to follow and understand if you have basic computer knowledge and finance knowledge help as well. But tech support is always their to help you with any issue.

Minpunten

They give you the ability to create far too many reports.

Antwoord van Intuit

Hi there, Gary. Thank you for your review, and your long-time loyalty to QuickBooks. I'm delighted to read our software is helping you manage the finances for Nancy Kissick's Professional Nursing Serbs. While we have customer assistance all over the world and U.S, just like our customer base, I'm here to ensure you know about all the support channels available to you.

As an alternative to calling in, feel free to send us a message on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). We have dedicated product experts at the ready to lend a hand, and they have the tools and expertise to help you with any issues you come across.

Further, these agents likewise monitor our multi-function Community forum space at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o. This Q&A site doubles as a database of workflow tips and troubleshooting guides, so you'll find a ton of insights on creating reports.

Keep up the fantastic work, and take care!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Jorge
  • Sector: Magazijnen/opslag

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great for small business, or even mid size business.

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2018

Even with the one major flaw I experience, I would still recommend QuickBooks to small to midsize business that need an easy way to organize, categorize their costumer orders, inventory, and being able to keep track of company expenses.

Pluspunten

I used this software for a number of years when I was working at a midsize family owned shipping/fulfillment center. It took me just a few hours to be able to understand how to navigate and properly use most of the features available software.

Features Include:

- Importing and Exporting of large data files containing costumer information

- Multiple account log-ins, being able to switch between two different users(companies) with each having their own unique list of products, and clients.

-Inventory, this was a very important feature for us, it notified us when we were running short on certain items for order fulfillment, it also kept an updated list of the amount of inventory in the warehouse in terms of dollar value

- Costumer look up, address, product ordered, past orders, balance paid and due. Orders would could be search by order number, name of costumer, or even the ability to search orders meeting certain criteria.

- Product information, the user had the ability to assign description and cost of their products.

- Data back ups; the user would had the ability to make multiple save files that contain all the information that was present at the time of the creation of save file, it was a useful feature since a lot of the computers at work ended up being wiped or malfunction at one time or another.

Minpunten

The one thing that I just really dislike about this software is updating, after an update you would load a backup save file per company in order to re-import all the information that had already been available before the update. This lead to multiple order being shipped, and problems with inventory. Could have just been us, I don't know if every one experience this issue.

Betsy
Betsy
  • Sector: Machine- en installatiebouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited.

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2019

QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.

Pluspunten

QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

Minpunten

QuickBooks lacked much help for Inventory tracking and scanning. While you are able to create an inventory list, it's too easy to accidently miscategorize items and wreck the usefulness of the cataloging features. The inventory interface is a bit confusing to start with and connecting the inventory reports with logged sales is not practical. It doesn't happen automatically, but must be manually checked since there are many bugs that create errors or problems with data retrieval.
When creating templates, it can be tough to figure out how to connect certain field codes with data areas to fill in. I spent many hours on the customer service line to figure some of that out. Even then, I was creating or finding "work-arounds" for some glitches that QuickBooks just doesn't fix or update.
One of the most frustrating issues I personally found was the coding of expenses. Without some universal system, numerous employees can simply invent new codes for similar or same items, which creates many redundant and incorrect reports. Turnover in your office can produce serious inconsistency.

Antwoord van Intuit

Betsy, thank you so much for providing an insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks. The details you've shared have painted a detailed portrait of your impressions of QuickBooks, and I appreciate it very much. I loved reading your comments about where you found the program to be beneficial to your business.

Please be assured, your voice is important, and the comments you've provided about the software have been sent to our Product Development team. Feedback like yours is instrumental for the growth of the program, and it will be used when considering future updates to QuickBooks.

Thank you again for your wonderful review of QuickBooks, Betsy!

All the best,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Jonathan
  • Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

As a Satff Accountant this a great asset to have

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2019

This is great accounting software for all kinds of business, it has done wonders for our company and all the associates that work with it within the finance and accounting team. I would highly recommend it to small to medium-sized businesses.

Pluspunten

Quickbooks is one of the best tools I've used for accounting, this is due to its very light platform and intuitive UI for you to navigate through and execute. Taking into consideration the fact that you need to have an accounting background, that doesn't take away the fact that this is an easy-to-use tool. Among my favorite features the one that I can point out the most, is the Vendo/Bills feature, which allows you to add all bill of the period into every vendor's account for you to generate you AP and Aging reports.

Minpunten

Among the cons, you could find this software to not be easy to break into, even tho it has a very light UI, you are required to have an accounting background for you to fully exploit this tool's full capabilities. Another thing you could find as a little bit of an issue, it the way it's mobile app works, as for it is not at full development quite yet, meaning you will find yourself capped on the thing you could do with the reporting features and journal entries.

Antwoord van Intuit

Hearing an accountant describe QuickBooks as one of the best tools they've used is music to our ears, Jonathan. We strive to provide software that is accessible to users of all backgrounds and have some great resources to help learn the program. Should you or a coworker be interested in learning more about the features in the software, we invite you to check out our video tutorials. Here you can find over one hundred videos on topics from getting started to running reports: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxBmyedTVhTRQRYeZJfVBpz_12zwHc6Z

We appreciate the wonderful review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

• Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Great Product for Small Business

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019

overall quickbooks is a fantastic program with minimal learning curve especially if you are coming over from another program. the user interface is friendly and easy to use. the customer service is top notch and is always there to help you immediately and come to a resolution to get you back up and running 100%.

Pluspunten

the best thing about this software is that it is easy for a small business to setup with customers, tax tables, A/P, A/R, inventory, invoicing, payroll and business taxes. it helps take the burden and guesswork out of paying taxes, employees and business expenses while maintaining the books and budgets. There is even utilities that are readily available to use to convert from another program to quickbooks to get you up and running much faster while retaining your previous data with a few tweaks. Customer service is the best there is. not once have i contacted them and not had my issue almost immediately resolved.

Minpunten

As always, the least liked thing about quickbooks is the updates. it seems that no matter what update it is or how new or old an installation is, there is always an issue with an update. whether it requires you to reset the update history and re-download the update and apply or completely boot all the users out of the system to make repairs and then reboot the system it is hosted on so that you can update the quickbooks system again and get everyone back into it to continue working.

Antwoord van Intuit

Nothing makes us happier than hearing QuickBooks is helping you easily maintain your books and that you've been receiving the support you deserve. Whether you're running payroll or handling a budget, you can count on our software to back your business. With updates, there are many factors that go into getting them to install properly and sometimes having the software hosted on its own system can cause hiccups. Should you continue to have issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

William
William
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Beoordeeld op 6-8-2019

Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pluspunten

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1.

We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business.

I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Minpunten

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Antwoord van Intuit

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Sector: Diergeneeskunde

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great features for the price point

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2019

Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Pluspunten

Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Minpunten

The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it.
Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

Zoho Books en Wave

1. Less cumbersome 2. More functionalities

Antwoord van Intuit

We strive to provide easy to use tools to manage each accounting aspect. It's great to know we've been able to share the workload and help out with invoicing, inventory, taxes, and cost management! For additional tips and tricks on ways to use your account, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). You can also find out more about how we're working to offer advanced features and improved functionality by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Miguel
  • Sector: Milieudiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Finance & Accounting Assistant

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019

It's been great because of the online aspect. I can work from any computer and even work remotely. I've connected to some great apps like "Business Importer" or "Billpay" where i can import data into the system and have taken full advantage of the bank synching feature.

We use Quickbooks Online and below are the pro's:
1. It's online and comes with cloud storage for attachments and other
2. Great admin management controls. Not super sophisticated but very useful indeed.
3. GREAT GREAT apps that work and synch with QBO
4. Bank synching that allows you to match expenses and income to the bank to help reconciliations go quicker

Minpunten

1. Limited reporting formats. It has several custom reports that you can customize but sometimes it does not have the option for specific reports you would like to see. For example P&L by transaction detail.
2. Customer support is limited, hard to get a hold of, and not the most helpful all the time. A lot of times they refer you to a link
3. Would be nice if you could also customize columns in the entry side of things with customs menus or dropdowns. You have the basic and essentials but would be nice if it was more customizable.

Antwoord van Intuit

Hi there, Miguel. Maintaining organization is key to running a successful business. We're thrilled to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! You've got some great suggestions. To keep up with ways we're working to improve the software, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, to receive tailored info about specific questions, the Community is available as an alternate route to reach support (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thanks for your review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

David
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Still riding market share for over 20 years

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2020

Bank transaction downloads, account reconciliation, payment and invoice recording, tax reporting.

T...

The experience has been fraught with frustration, loads of rework, arcane and unexplained entry rules, dead end data experiences, all punctuated by frequent Intuit attempts to reach for more money out of my pocket.

Pluspunten

Basic functions of creating payments, invoices, bills, checks, etc are workable and fairly intuitive.
Banking Center makes initially downloading bank transactions fairly simple.
Once you modify a report to the point where it is useful, QB can memorize it for ongoing use.
As soon as you get beyond those, best to get prepared with an accounting degree, lots of time to do google searches, and some antacid or aspirin.

Minpunten

1) if you want to do any interaction with exported files or bank downloads, be prepared to be gouged for the price of a new license every 3 years.

2) for that repurchase, you get very little to nothing improved except more ways Intuit can offer add-ons (for a price).

3) reports are available mostly in standard accounting formats. Detailed custom listings are hard to get at best via the transaction lists. For line items you took the time to enter into a Bill, it's literally impossible.

4) Bank Feeds transaction approval screens are an abomination. Modifying/adding columns: not possible. Finding a rule that auto modifies your entry: good luck. Figuring out how to make a new rule: better google it. Figuring out how to reverse an accidental entry: get out the antacid and aspirin. If that downloaded tran should have been a bill pmt, get stronger antacid.

5) transaction lists: hope you only want to see either ALL, Current Period, Last Period or Next Period. Else get used to a boatload of sorting and scrolling, because there's no way to bracket your data within custom dates.

6) Home screen: want a clean simple Home to find your functions quickly? Too bad; Intuit would rather hit you with marketing. Want to see only a few Account Balances and hide those you never use? Sorry!

7) Support: virtually non-existent outside of the QB User forums, so hope that someone else has asked your question already.

Has any developer at Intuit ever held a user focus group or been a user?

• Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Quickly impressive!

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2021

To summarise its an incredibly attractive & useful product, both for sole traders and Limited companies. It's great value for money and can save a huge amount of time and headaches.

This is particularly evident when you consider it as an interest in something that will without a doubt save you time, and may even lessen or cut your bookkeeper expenses totally.

In view of that, I've have no problems in suggesting Quickbooks. Start with the 30-day trial to completely evaluate whether or not it meets your specific needs.

Pluspunten

First and foremost, keep in mind that this is a product with a long history. The parent organization, Intuit has been creating expense and bookkeeping programming beginning around 1983.

They are a US organization however adjusted Quickbooks for the UK market and duty framework in 2014.
Quickbooks is one of the main bookkeeping programming arrangements with more than 624,000 endorsers in 2014 (a figure liable to have risen). Once more, that simply adds to the entire trust and security component.

The greatest benefit of utilizing Quickbooks is the time and stress it will save you. When you're fully operational you'll see how effectively you can keep all of your bookkeeping records forward-thinking. It truly turns into a breeze.

Also the biggest advantage is that you're no longer shackled to your desk! saving your opportunity to develop your business. All of that for only a couple of pounds a month implies it truly is an easy decision and one of the best choices you'll make when maintaining a business.

Minpunten

Nothing is perfect and to guarantee a decent Quickbooks review it's vital that you're aware of the disadvantages too.

Right off the bat, similar to any product, it's somewhat flawed. There are some reviews on Trustpilot surveys of individuals encountering technical issues. Regardless of whether that is with connecting bank accounts or individuals simply doing something wrong. However it's frustrating when such things happen.

However, to alleviate that, Quickbooks do have a pretty responsive tech support team. There are a huge number of surveys that describe the supportiveness and persistence of the Quickbooks customer service team. So it's reassuring to know that should you encounter a problem, they'll assist you with tackling it rapidly.

The other negative worth focusing on is that with any product there is an expectation to absorb information. You'll have to invest some time figuring out how to take full advantage of its capabilities. Fortunately, Quickbooks make it relative easy with instinctive plan and design and a lot of tutorials and help material.

Erik
  • Sector: Detailhandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

QuickBooks Enterprise - not really suitable for multi-location businesses

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2018

QuickBooks Enterprise at first glance seemed like a good fit for my 5-location business. The feature set is rich, is a widely accepted accounting package and came with a nice support package. The fundamental features of the software are quite impressive and met the core needs of my business with range from retail sales to large projects. To handle the multiple locations, there is a "class" (location) construct that allows you to use a single chart of accounts and use class to designate where things apply. For standard income/expense accounts this works well and I can track sales and expenses easily. Where the implementation fall very short is with asset/liability accounts. For example, if you have 100 widgets in class A and 0 in class B (store A and store B) and you transfer 50 widgets to class B, the count of widgets is done correctly, but the inventory value of the transferred widgets still remains in the first class. It's made a mess of my inventory values and we've had to resort to processing manual GL entries anytime we transfer items from store to store. The same holds true with banking - the class structure is only partially implemented. There are work-arounds, but they're slow and cumbersome.

Reporting is another soft spot. There are plenty of pre-made reports that are decent and you can build custom reports. The issue is that custom reports are very unstable and more often than not, you'll find that reports lock up (or frozen as you'll read everywhere). This makes them pretty much worthless unless you enjoy creating a new custom report every time you want to use one.

Customer support is very energetic, but it's mainly people who have never used accounting software outside a PowerPoint driven training scenario. The usual answer is to either use Google or look on the Intuit community forums. Fairly disappointing. We've managed to figure most things out, but it's taken far longer than if we had access to people with real-world experience. There are a couple of great YouTube users (Hector) who were very helpful with their videos.

Simple interface
Widely used by the industry
30 user capability
Mid-rage price tag on a subscription basis

Minpunten

The class implementation is only partially implemented and causes great pain when using this to run multiple locations
The performance is marginal
Required a lot of extra plug-ins to accomplish things
Custom reports are reasonably flexible, but are very, very unstable and aren't very usable.
Customer support is lackluster with the common answer being, "have you looked on Google?"
Credit card processing through Intuit is not competitively priced