Userpilot

Product user experience software for product & UX teams

4.7/5 (45 review)
Rick B.
Vertalen met Google

Amazing product and company!

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We started-off with Userpilot when they where still in BETA. They have come a loonngg way. At this exact moment Userpilot helps us with a massive roll-out, onboarding over 2000 users in 1 month.

The software is great, the service even better. Whenever I wondered if something was possible, I got the answer YES. Which is usually not the case with a software that hasnt' been around long.

If you're looking to create a wonderful experience for your clients, then Userpilot is your go-to tool!

Pluspunten

Userpilot is great, the software helps our customers better understand our platform and the possibilities it brings. But the software is not even the best thing here, it's the incredible personal service. They are DEDICATED to make everything work, perfectly tailored to your needs.

Minpunten

At the moment it's not a click-and-go solution, which is fine since they're helping you personally to make everything work.

Martijn V.

Invaluable for SaaS business

Beoordeeld op 4-9-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Userpilot increases the odds that trial users actually perform the steps needed for successful onboarding and conversion.

Pluspunten

After testing multiple competing offerings we were very delighted with Userpilot. We were able to create our flows ourselves. Also Userpilot is the ONLY in-app guide products that features an onboarding checklist which is one of the most valuable parts of the service for us.

Minpunten

Not too much. In the beginning some advanced options need a bit of in-depth study but support was great. We have multiple hosting regions and needed to use variables for subdomains which works like a charm.

Seth S.
Sector: Schoolleiding

Great User Guidance Software

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We've seen a decrease in quesitons/support call. Userpilot's team was great from demo to go live and continues to provide timely responses.

Pluspunten

Easy to setup and easy to use, provides context help to users when and where they need it

Minpunten

Nothing really - anything that has come up the team has quickly addressed or answered

Aj V.
Sector: Sport
Vertalen met Google

On the fence? Read this, then get it.

Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Userpilot and the team? AMAZING!
Eversince I use UserPilot I’m feeling confident about the onboarding process of my site. The team has been very helpful, not just explaining what to do, but taking it two steps further. They advise options that you didn’t think about before to make it run more smoothly AND THEY EVEN ASSIST ON SUNDAY. As a solo-preneur with a day job next to my membership site, Sunday is an ideal day to do extra work and getting support pretty much instantly is a blessing. It saves headaches and allows me to get the job done. What’s also worth to mention is the crazy amount of updates that they have added to the system since they went live. User friendlyness and ease to use was good in the beginning, and it’s going from great to amazingly simple. Easy and effective. If you’re serious about your onboarding process that don’t stop after writing up your email automation. Afterall, it’s your app or site that they should be using daily. Whenever I get a question from my customers, I go to UserPilot and setup the ‘answer’ in under 5 minutes. It’s easy to use for me and clear and subtle for my customers.

- Support
- Easy to use
- Speed of implementation

Minpunten

- basically none. But if I have to... my site has different membership levels. To create an experience I need to access for example the "user" page. That means I have to login as a user on my site first, then go to that page to create the experience. The same goes when I want to add something specific to the 'pro' page. That happens only once a year and takes an additional 10 seconds to login.

So like I said, basically none.

Vertalen met Google

Would be an amazing tool if it wasn't so buggy.

Maandelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

UserPilot would have been perfect for my needs had it been more stable. Unfortunately, I just couldn't handle all the bugs.

Pluspunten

At first, UserPilot seemed great. It was easy to use, the UI was fairly simple, I was creating guides in a few minutes.

It covers all the basic needs for a simple app or webpage walkthrough and allows you to spin up great looking guides fast.

Minpunten

It was just loaded with bugs. The app kept breaking, deleting things I had done, encountering errors, freezing etc. It eventually became completely un-useable as I couldn't get a guide finished without running into some kind of an issue.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 3.0/10

🏂⛳🏇 maxime L.
Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme

Solid product !

Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Reallyy easy to use and the result is really professionnal.

Pluspunten

Userpilot has everything necessary for good user onboarding.
Great feature at an affordable price for a startup.

Minpunten

Only con : the segment integration which is only compatible with Analytics.js source and based only on contacts... But it's the case with most competitors.

Waqar A.

Improved user activation and reduced churn by almost 30%

Beoordeeld op 30-5-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Well, this tool is a complete no-brainer for any SaaS business. We were having difficulty in making the users understand different features of the product. We implemented user onboarding sequence with Userpilot and since then we have seen a MASSIVE spike in retention, Increased trial-to-paid conversion, and reduced churn.

Pluspunten

Userpilot is a must-have for any SaaS business. It's easy to use and have a clean UI. But more importantly, the features like personalized user onboarding, segmentation, checklists will definitely help any product increase their conversions and reduce their churn.

Great customer support is also a plus!

Minpunten

It's a little techy at first to get it setup but once you start using it frequently, you'll get the hang of it.

Apurva K.
Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor

Great product!

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

Pluspunten

Its easy to use and I love the checklist functionality!

Minpunten

It can sometime get a little confusing, I think that there is a bit of a learning curve.

Fiona A.

Powerful User-Onboarding Tool

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I have looked at many different options in this space and while UserPilot perhaps has a little maturing to do, it is by far the best option on the market. Well done guys.

Pluspunten

UserPilot makes it easy to create professional looking tips, flows and wizard-like instructions to help users navigate your software. Extremely customizable and default settings already look pretty good.

Minpunten

Because it is highly featured, there are lots of options - and perhaps not yet enough help files to explain each of them.

John K.
Vertalen met Google

Quite good solution and most of all stable

Pluspunten

I have been using userpilot even before the latest update which made it much more intuitive and user friendly. The main advantage is that when you create a navigation it will be working even when you update your app / UI. I had tested quite many other similar solutions and most of them even with a small UI change you had to update the tour.

Minpunten

When publishing a tour, minor issues might arise but the support is fixing them quite quickly.

Jeff M.
Sector: Milieudiensten
Vertalen met Google

Excellent choice for on-boarding, help functions, and new feature releases

Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 18-1-2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall, I am very satisfied with Userpilot. After searching through the available options I found that some were very expensive and others lacked major functionality. Userpilot had the functionality I need at a reasonable price.

Pluspunten

It is excellent for rolling out and demonstrating new features. The settings for determining when a user sees the experiences and how often is very helpful. It is also very good for on-boarding new users and walking them through a checklist to show them how your software works. I have used other software in this space, and Userpilot is among the top for simple usability in this area.

Minpunten

The formatting of the experiences could be better. The system allows you to customize your experience with your branding, colors, etc. Although I'm glad it is there and I made it function, I found that to be somewhat difficult to use.

Abe C.

Great For Anyone Building A SAAS

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We did not have an onboarding sequence in our App and customers were bombarding us with support calls for setup and silly things (mostly because they were too lazy to click around). Also, our software requires following a certain sequence of user actions (1, 2, 3, ...). Userpilot fit seamlessly and solved all these issues.

Pluspunten

If you are building a SaaS, user onboarding is paramount and if your app does not have an onboarding sequence it doesn't look professional at all. What's worse, if you do a mediocre job at coding your sequence or use other tools out there that are not that great, it will leave a sore taste with your users. Userpilot is clean, elegant, beautiful, flexible, and very customizable. I am also using the white-labeled version which makes it look as if it is part of our app and not a 3rd party tool. Very happy with it.

Minpunten

That I have to wait for some of the features on their road map like the NPS (Net Promoter Score).

Reduced my churn rate by 30%

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I am very satisfied. Their support is awesome and responsive as well.

Pluspunten

The ease of use and flow of creating a great onboarding experience in a very short time.
We have been losing customers at a crazy late within the past 3 months, let alone all those angry support tickets we get where they are usually for silly questions. I guess it's a problem with our software. Still in the meantime, while we are updating our UX/UI, Userpilot has helped us reduce the amount of churn by at least 30%. We were also able to get the average amount of support tickets from 20 a day to less than 5.

Huge headache saver. Thanks.

Minpunten

I would have appreciated more templates out of the box.
Also you have a thin line between too much customization and too little. Userpilot has all the customizations one can dream of but still as normal user, you might not need them all.

Ken W.
Sector: Marketing en reclame

Saves Me = Money, Time, Stress and Grief

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Less time, stress and money spent on the phone and email support.

It paid for itself upon activation as I knew the value was going to change everything, quickly....and it did!

-Reduces the Number of Software Support Phone Calls and Emails

-Helps Increase Long-Term Customer Retention as I am able to easily point out features in my software which may not be obvious.

-Gives my software an edge - as the instant 24/7/365 interactive help gives huge value to both my students (less frustration+easier adoption and understanding) and myself (less stress, less time 1-on-1 support and more time to develop)

Minpunten

I like everything about this software.

Easy To Use On-boarding Software

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

User on-boarding and product adoption.

Pluspunten

Super easy to use and the templates make your product walk-throughs look great.

Minpunten

Nothing was unexpected, service was great.. product works great.

Valentin F.
Vertalen met Google

Userpilot is an awesome tool that helps onboard your users and increases adoption.

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 20-11-2018

Pluspunten

Its easy to use and I personally really like the UI.

Minpunten

I am missing a self service for the free trial.

Joshua W.
Sector: Administratie

Very Intuitive

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018

Pluspunten

The software is very carefully designed and the UX is easy to use. Installation was also quite simple. User onboarding is extremely important to us as it affects our conversion rates directly. So we are happy with how this product has helped our business grow.

Minpunten

Their terminology is new and needed to ping their support before I understood what a few of their labels mean. But always got fast replies.

Justin S.
Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Solid User Onboarding and User Upkeep

Anders 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Userpilot works seamlessly with any site and is the quickest way to get users up to speed in a logical manner and with a very polished interface. Using this tool can really reduce the number of duplicate inquiries and frustrated or confused customers. I really like Userpilot, I wish that I could use it beyond my own sites. It would be amazing for training team members how to navigate various tools that we use (I guess I have to use Loom or Fleeq for that.)

Pluspunten

If you have a product for sale or a website that will be used it is a really good idea to have a thorough onboarding walkthrough. Userpilot is one of the best for this. It is a great way to show users, customers, clients how to use your site/product.

Minpunten

Can be spendy if you have a lot of users/visitors. Very comprehensive also means a bit of a learning curve, I'd like to see many more training materials/videos.

Nik K.
Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.001+ werknemers
Vertalen met Google

Excellent tool for our use-case

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Extremely pleased with User Pilot and look forward to extending my use-cases for User Pilot!

Pluspunten

The application is really user friendly and has a low learning curve. I use User Pilot for our new user onboarding but you could it for plenty of other use-cases to drive user adoption and engagement with your product. It took me less than an hour to create my first experience and deploy it on our production site.

The support at User Pilot is top notch and truly exceptional! They're always available to answer my questions and would readily jump on a meeting with me to troubleshoot any problems.

Minpunten

There were a few bugs as expected with any new offering, but nothing that their support team couldn't handle and take care of.

John R.
Sector: Fotografie

Pays for itself

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My developers stopped wasting their time building a crappy, static onboarding experience and got back to building our product, while I got to experiment and play with building an awesome, optimized, always current onboarding experience.

Pluspunten

UserPilot lets you get started building onboarding tours the moment you buy, without contacting your developers. The chrome extension lets your content creators design onboarding right on top of your site or web app, and then your developers can integrate it within minutes when it's done. Gives you total control and freedom to update it whenever you want, way easier and better than you could hard-coding it. I use it on three projects.

Minpunten

I do wish it had an offline mode and native app support.

Jeff B.
Sector: Consumentengoederen

Great Guiding Tool

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall my experience has been good and the software is solid. I have no regrets.

Pluspunten

Easy to set up and use which means you can easily create walk through guides for your users. It also allows for several options which is a plus.

Minpunten

For me personally I wish the app area was a little friendly. The overall UI is ok but not great.

Hoang L.
Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Best for your Leads Easy to use and setup - User friendly

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Userpilot helps your leads access and learn your product easily and faster. Userpilot is easy to learn, the price is reasonable.

Pluspunten

Userpilot helps you leads when onboarding on your product, with the help of easy setup and user friendly user interface.
I like the auto trigger features that guide your leads unlock the process of your product.

It's easy to use no coding skills needed. Love the Push hints & tips features.

User experience is great, design the group and tooltips is easy. You can create your own theme for your product.
Great experience dashboard, simple yet user friendly.

Minpunten

Got no problem with user interaction. Just great.

Logan H.
Sector: Muziek

Beautiful, powerful, supportive.

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018

Pluspunten

- Prebuilt playbooks and UI elements which helps make the process of creating user onboarding campaigns faster
- Universal themes which helps with changing global branding on the fly
- User personalization/data customization which makes user onboarding seamless to your app
- Great and fast support team which is one of my definitive lines for having a great product experience!

Minpunten

It's hard to come up with a con for userpilot and I wouldn't consider this a negative "con" but Userpilot is incredibly powerful so to the novice, it can be quite tedious even with the aid of their prebuilt playbooks and UI elements.

Ramon H.
Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
Vertalen met Google

A tool which does one thing extraordinary: Guiding users

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Onboarding clients on our client portal and on our membership sites effectively.

Pluspunten

Userpilot fits in your brand design perfectly. You can adjust any aspect of the widgets: Fonts, Colors, Corners and shadows just by pointing and clicking.

It offers different types of pop-ups to guide the users effectively over multiple pages. It is possible to enrich the segmentation data of Userpilot via script to show the users your guides just at the right time.

Minpunten

It isn't possible to connect Userpilot with any CRM system through pointing and clicking. The pulling of the data has to be programmed via script.

Vertalen met Google

Easy to use, will help you to on-board your customers quickly

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2018

Pluspunten

- Extremely easy to use. I've tested multiple user on-boarding softwares and I think Userpilot is one of the most easiest to use software available in the market.
- Very fast. Userpilot's JS doesn't cause delay in the loading. This is very important for any software experience.
- Great support. These guys are extremely helpful. I actually had a live video sharing session with one of the support person, and he fixed my problem in 5 mins.

Minpunten

- Some minor bugs related with the dashboard UI which I assume will be fixed soon. However, nothing serious that impacted my work.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 7.0/10