Google Data Studio

4,5 (322)
Schrijf een review!
Tool voor interactieve dashboardrapportage en gegevensvisualisatie

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

• Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Amazing Value At No Cost

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2022

Before DataStudio I had to prepare dashboards and reports in spreadsheets and documents and compile the raw data into reports in a manual way.
I saved a tremendous amount of time by setting up the data flows and report/dashboard structures once in DataStudio and then just scheduling regular reports to go out automatically

Pluspunten

The most impactful features of DataStudio are the wide range of visualizations you have access to in order to present your data in the most engaging and insightful way. Coupled with the wide range of data connectors that are available natively and also third-party connectors, which expands the scope widely.
Once you have understood the overall way of working, the tool is very easy to use. There are lots of training videos available and lots of support available over the internet, in case you get stuck.
Integration into my business practises was easy because of the flexibility in data input sources. If a specific connector does not exist, then you can always fall back on file imports.

Minpunten

The most important missing feature for me personally is a native (free) data connector to Facebook Ads. One has free access to all the Google platforms and I have a constant struggle to get a decent data connector to Facebook ad platform data.
One improvement that I suggest is to add the functionality to do processing on calculated fields to do for instance 7-day moving average calculations on the platform itself. Now I have to do those calculations on a Google Sheet first and then import the results into the DataStudo reports. Or even make that a built-in function?

• Sector: Logistiek en toeleveringsketen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A little clunky to use but improving very rapidly as a BI tool

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2022

Overall, despite its challenging user experience, it's still a great tool. The quality of the reports and charts are topnotch. For a free BI tool, it's a good value for our money

Pluspunten

I like that it's basically free and it's easy to create good-looking reports and share them with your colleagues. We're able to basically have another BI tool at our disposal without going through a lengthy procurement and deployment process.

Minpunten

Connecting a database is quite challenging with Google Data Studio. The error messages are not very helpful at its current state. And sometimes it gives you random errors for no clear reason.

Andrew
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Data Studio Review

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

Overall, my experience with Data Studio has been mixed. The learning curve is definitely steep and it is not the easiest tool in terms of collaboration compared to other options on the market. Importing data can often be a pain and it is sometimes quite difficult to set up connections to refresh data sources, which makes reporting more manual and time-consuming than it should be.

Pluspunten

Data Studio is an extremely powerful tool for reporting and has allowed our team to share out extremely in-depth reports with our clients. It's suite of features is vast and allows our teams to provide highly valued insights into data we previously never had access to. The software is extremely flexible when it comes to customization to fit the needs of our client on a case-by-case basis, which is extremely important since each client has different preferences, nuances, and objectives and Data Studio makes that customization super simple.

Minpunten

Since Data Studio has so many in-depth reporting features, the software itself can be confusing to adapt to and the learning curve for reporting is quite steep if you have no prior experience. It took our team a long time to learn and adapt the software and collaboration on one report was often difficult, which resulted in one member being delegated to handle reporting responsibilities. It would be nice if the Data Studio was able to incorporate task management and campaign tracking alongside its powerful reporting abilities; I think that would really push Data Studio above the competition from software such as Domo and Tableau.

Domo en Tableau

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

We chose Data Studio for its pricing options and our ability to integrate easily with our client partners.
Hany
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Easy to use Data Analysis Application

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2023

Google Looker Studio ( formerly Google Data Studio ) allows my team members to access and create analytical reports and share them with stakeholders and teammates. It helps my team visualize performance reports and run simple ad-hoc analyses. The service enhances our productivity and improves the information workflow internally over the company and externally with our clients.

Pluspunten

Google Looker Studio ( formerly Google Data Studio ) is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface that allows the average user to create and consume reports and dashboards. It integrates seamlessly with google analytics and workspace applications like Sheets, docs, and Google Drive. It facilitates self-service data analysis and business intelligence practices.

Minpunten

Google Looker Studio ( formerly Google Data Studio ) has a relatively slow performance and limited features regarding data connectors and visualization. Although the paid version has advanced features, it comes at a high cost with more difficulties and barriers to scale.

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

The service suits our small-sized data workflows and is considered one of the easiest-to-use business intelligence applications. It's quick to start and requires minimal training for new users as long as we use it on a limited scale.
Mike
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

If you want data in Dashboard from all the Google tools and many others then GDS is for you

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2022

Overall, my experience with Google Data Studio has been phenomenal. I'm able to easily manage and visualize all my data in one place. It's incredibly user friendly, and I'm able to customize my dashboards for different projects. The reporting capabilities are really helpful and allow me to quickly access insights that would take much longer with manual methods. Plus, the integration with other Google products makes it simple to create a comprehensive view of everything. Highly recommended!

Pluspunten

I really like Google Data Studio as a long time user. It's really easy to use and it has an intuitive interface. I love that it integrates with other data sources like BigQuery, Google Ads, and Google Analytics so I can easily visualize my data in one place. The drag and drop feature makes it simple for me to customize my reports and dashboards however I want. Plus, the ability to collaborate with others on the same report is incredibly helpful.

Minpunten

I found the interface to be confusing and not very intuitive. It was difficult to figure out how to use the platform without taking some time to watch the tutorials. I also found it difficult to customize visualizations and create reports that were easy to understand. Overall, I found using Google Data Studio challenging, and would have preferred a more user-friendly experience.But for the price "FREE" and plenty of video's and ready to use templates this tool still wins for me.

Luis
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Data Studio for a Data Engineer

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2022

I currently work in the area of data engineering, and it helps me a lot, we do analyses, we do QA of the applications, the integration with firebase, bigquery and analytics is great, so we can build processes that validate our data, and detect any anomaly in time

Pluspunten

I love the integration with bigquery, as I already mentioned our data warehouse is there, we can build dashboards, reports, corrections, validations in minutes

Minpunten

it has a limited number of graphs, and deploying it is quite slow, also share it, I would like there to be more possibilities to filter by data

Qlik Sense en Tableau

Redenen om voor Google Data Studio te kiezen

when I made that change, using tableau, I felt in the 80`s, a software with old interfaces

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

they are quite expensive and their connectors are very limited
Julian
  • Sector: Medische praktijk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Should be your first option when getting started with dashboarding

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2022

Easy dashboard building from multiple sources

Easy dashboard building from multiple sources

Pluspunten

Being fully cloud based embedded within GSuite makes it the best and easiest solution for internal dashboards amongst your team. It's quite valuable not having to break your workflow and manage different logins and makes it super easy to share with a subset or whole of your organization

Minpunten

There is no support so you are on your own if things are going wrong. The connectors are also much less stable than other tools with frequent I/O problems or times when things are inexplicably broken for hours or days, and you are in the dark since there is no support.

Looker, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI en Luzmo

Redenen om voor Google Data Studio te kiezen

price (free), ease of sharing and building dashboards

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

free and easy to make dashboards with good functionality. Best used for internal dashboards
Brent
  • Sector: Mediaproductie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Reporting that is powerful enough for most, and affordable for all

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2022

Data Studio has really improved over the last year or two. It's much more stable than it used to be, and is more in depth. As a small agency, I haven't found much that is missing.

Outside of setting up integrations and data sources and then creating the dashboard connections, the rest is fairly simple to set up. Customizing a dashboard is easy, and sorting data is easy once you do a couple and learn the dimensions of how data is displayed.

Having a free dashboard and reporting tool that integrates directly with other Google products is awesome.

Pluspunten

I love that it's a tool directly from the same company where I get most of my data already. I use Google Analytics and Google Ads heavily in my business, so it's awesome to have a data analysis and reporting tool that has stable connections to both of these. Being able to integrate both, and other integrations into the same dashboard is a big plus.

And the depth of features has really gotten pretty large over the last couple of years. Unless you need extremely advanced calculations and reporting, Data Studio will probably suit your needs. The ability to sort your data and fine-tune exactly how metrics are displayed is cool.

It doesn't hurt that Data Studio is free! These kinds of tools are often very expensive, but Data Studio allows smaller studios like mine to get in the game for little to no investment.

Minpunten

It's a bit of a pain to get set up, and to fully integrate. The documentation, while large, is not easy to follow in my opinion.

Adding a data source and then creating a dashboard using a specific source can be a little hit and miss. It shouldn't take 3 or 4 screens of options to tell my dashboard that I want to get data from a specific source. Once you get past it, it's fine. But setting up a new dashboard, and organizing dashboards, is cumbersome.

Zoho Analytics

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

Data Studio is free. Zoho Analytics is more robust overall, but also comes with a higher cost, and a higher learning curve.
Natalia
  • Sector: Voedselproductie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Our experience using GDS

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2021

We have a lot of employees, and we cannot give them all payed users of a software to visualize our indicators and processes results. When we test the software for the first time, we cannot imagine all the possibilities for free that we had in front of us. We had a very fast learning curve, and it was only a matter of months before various departments were already implementing their own dashboards. We love that we can edit several people on the same dashboard without problems.

Pluspunten

To have a tool that give to you the opportunity to develop a complete dashboard is amazing, and the fact that that tool is free, is awesome.
I really enjoy that GDS is really easy to use, I learn by myself and seeking videos on the internet. It is a very intuitive application, so you might not know anything about data visualization and you could still use it without problem.
I really like that the Google apps have very similar edit pages, so if you have ever used Google Forms, you are going to find GDS very familiar.

Minpunten

I find this software very useful, but there is one thing that I want they to improve, if there is the possibility. The connection with Microsoft Office, for example: Microsoft Excel. If you want to make a dashboard on GDS, you have to pass your data to google sheets, and you lost a lot of features that Excel gives to you. There is a way to do it by using python, but, if you want to preserve the fact that this software is really easy to use, so, it is not a solution to this problem.

Microsoft Power BI

Redenen om over te stappen op Google Data Studio

We are using both of them, but we choose Data Studio becaus eit is userfriendly, it is very intuitive, and it is free.
Ben
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

User Friendly Data Dashboards

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

A big fan! It's missing a few features, and I've noticed a few bugs here and there. But all the bugs I've ran into have been manageable with easy workarounds. But this is a FREE platform and it have more key features than a majority of these paid data platforms.

Pluspunten

Extremely user friendly. Setting up the dashboards was simple. You have control over almost every detail, including the layout and design. This is unlike many data platforms I've used in the past. ALMOST everything is totally customizable. This brings in all your Google/Youtube data automatically (including Google Sheets/docs). It also lets your bring in images, links, and other assets. You can change the data range filter easily for all metrics. The dashboard also is easily shareable to all team members and you can export the dashboard to a PDF.

Minpunten

The connectivity to other platforms is disappointing. In order to automatically bring in your social media data or data from other sources (such as digital advertising or 1st party ecommerce data) you need to purchase a "connector". However, there are ways around this if you export your data from your other sources and just put this in a Google Sheet and connect that sheet to your Google Data Studio.

Timmy
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Build web dashboards and interfaces for internal or external use with professionalism and ease.

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2021

Making a dashboard for our team to use internally was so fun and intuitive, we developed a customer-facing dashboard that allows users to make exciting visualizations of their data. This has led to a broader "understanding," as well as more engagement in this project from users and developers alike.

Pluspunten

I loved the fact that there are templates for interactive web page dashboards that help shortcut visualizations and common display formats for data. Other websites either lock you into a boring template or expect users/devs to reinvent the wheel. This allowed me to build momentum quickly.

Minpunten

I was not a fan of the additional charges for data connecters. Data from large social media sites or professional websites is often stuck behind a paywall, which is a bit aggravating.

Shiva
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great for marketers who know how to use it.

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2022

I can tell you that Google Data Studio is a popular business intelligence tool that is widely used by organizations of all sizes to create professional-looking reports and dashboards. Many users appreciate its ease of use, integrations with other Google products, and customization options. However, some users may find that it lacks advanced features and support compared to other business intelligence tools, and may be dependent on other Google products to fully utilize it.

Pluspunten

Easy to use: Google Data Studio has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for even non-technical users to create professional-looking reports and dashboards.Integrations: Google Data Studio integrates seamlessly with other Google products, such as Google Sheets, Google Analytics, and Google Ads, making it easy to pull in data from multiple sources.Customization: Google Data Studio allows users to customize their reports and dashboards with a wide range of visualizations, such as charts, maps, and tables.Collaboration: Google Data Studio has built-in collaboration tools, allowing multiple users to work on the same report or dashboard at the same time.Sharing: Google Data Studio allows users to easily share their reports and dashboards with others, either by embedding them in a website or sharing a link.

Minpunten

Limited data sources: While Google Data Studio integrates with many popular data sources, it doesn't have as many integrations as some other business intelligence tools.Limited customizability: While Google Data Studio allows users to customize their reports and dashboards to a certain extent, it doesn't offer as much customization as some other tools.Lack of advanced features: Google Data Studio doesn't have as many advanced features as some other business intelligence tools, such as predictive analytics or machine learning capabilities.Dependence on Google products: To fully utilize Google Data Studio, users may need to rely on other Google products, such as Google Sheets or Google Analytics, which may not be suitable for all organizations.Limited support: While Google Data Studio has a large user community and extensive documentation, it may not offer as much support as some other business intelligence tools.

Benjamin
  • Sector: Mijnbouw en metalen

If you already have Google Workspace the go to BI tool

Beoordeeld op 19-12-2022

If you have the data already transformed and edited in a way so you can prepare your presentations its the go to tool. However, if you need to modify the incoming data, it's not the best tool.

Pluspunten

It's available free for use with Google Workspace and it gives you all the important charts and implementations you could think of and know from other BI tools like power bi. It integrates well with literally any other software that has an API or dedicated connector (hundreds available).

Minpunten

The biggest disadvantage is really the data preparation, sometimes it is not possible to have the data come in in the way you would like to present it, however in DataStudio it's crucial to have the data sources provide you the data in the format you require for the report. Editing data and transforming data is only possible to a certain point, other tools like PowerBI do a much better job in that way.

Anoop
Anoop
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best for Quick Visualization

Beoordeeld op 3-3-2023

Overall the interface is simple to use and intuitive. Integration with various data sources and data import that is seamless. Team members' collaborative sharing and editing is easy. It is free to use and can connect to a variety of data sources.

Pluspunten

Google Data Studio is an incredible asset for making staggering and intelligent reports. The simplified connection point makes it simple to use for clients, everything being equal, and the capacity to work together progressively has made it a significant resource for our group.I love the way adaptable Google Data Studio is. The capacity to make custom layouts, add marking components, and coordinate with different information sources has permitted us to make lovely and viable reports that really address our image.It is a reasonable and simple to-utilize revealing device that has had a major effect in our business. The capacity to rapidly make custom reports and dashboards has assisted us with pursuing information driven choices and work on our main concern.

Minpunten

Though it can be used as a quick tool for reporting, it cannot handle large amount of data and thus gets stuck while processing it. Occasionally there are few bugs and glitches that slows the performance of the dashboard. It has limited options of advanced analytics.

Shahzad
Shahzad

Google Data Studio is great BI Tool only if you're looking for Free

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2022

If you're main motive of this tool is to create Dashboards and visualize the data and don't want to spend anything extra with few marketing channels then this is a Good fit for you as it does everything but like Every Free tools has it own limitation and the One Limitation is that you are bound to make purchase of the connector if you want to capture the data from Marketing Channels other than Google.

Pluspunten

- Easy to use along with Live Updates of the Metrics from multiple marketing channels which makes the only BI tool to do so. There are other Paid Tools available but they don't provide live updates in metrics.
- Their Easy to Add Custom Calculated Dimensions & Metrics with easy formulas make it easier to work on for a Newbie

Minpunten

- Their UI/UX is not that responsive and users faces issues when using Data Studio which sometime leads to unwanted changes in the Reporting.
- Free Connectors are only available for Google Products only and if you want to use or capture other channel data you need to make purchase of the Connectors.
- You can only make One Sided relationships between multiple data sets which is a major disadvantage.

Jay

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Data visualization for all!

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2022

Pluspunten

Similar to the capabilities you get in Google Sheets, it's hard to believe Data Studio is free. Thanks to data studio, I've been able to create a variety of dashboards that allow my company to keep up to date on where they've been and where they're headed.

Minpunten

Not as many options (yet) as the big dogs. It doesn't take long to start a laundry list of desired features. Sometimes it has trouble connecting to the data and needs anywhere between one browser refresh and a full day of rest of to start working again.

• Sector: Consumentengoederen
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Amazing Free Resource

Beoordeeld op 23-5-2022

Overall I am satisfied with the tool and I have used it several times in the past to create simple and effective dashboards.

Pluspunten

I think that Google Data Studio is severely underused as a free tool for Google Workspace subscribers. Anytime I hear about someone paying for the expensive Tableau access I tell them to check out this program instead. Very comparable tool at little to no price.

Minpunten

Some features are difficult to understand how to use, but resources (free online classes) are available to teach yourself how to solve the issue. I just wish they would put more time into thinking of how to make the feature intuitive in the first place so that courses are not needed.

Tableau en Microsoft Power BI

Budget

Little to no cost.
Martin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

A good platform for data visualization

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2023

Used it for so many years which makes it invaluable for us to share reports with.

Pluspunten

Google Data Studio offers an great platform for data visualization and reporting. It seamlessly integrates with other Google tools and data sources (specially GA for us) , making it easy to create interactive and visually appealing reports.

Minpunten

While it's a powerful tool, the learning curve can be steep, especially for some staffmembers. Additionally, it lacks some advanced features that more specialized data visualization tools might offer. Longing for more AI tools to work with.

Satyaswapna
Satyaswapna

Easiest way to Data Visualization

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019

Looking at data on a day to day or weekly basis has become easier as looking at a graph is much easier than looking at numbers

Pluspunten

The initial set-up is very easy
Easy to use templates
Very straight forward
New features coming in monthly
Can use calculated fields and items

Minpunten

There are some minor tweaks like adjusting data label position which isn't available
Can't use the studio with big datasets on Google sheet
Is slow when there are lot of responsive graphs

It's free to use
Shruti
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Google Data Studio: Pretty Awesome

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019

This for me is a phenomenal product. Since I have found this, I've introduced it to multiple people at work. This has been very helpful in depicting data in a simple and easy way to variety of audiences. I wish they advertised it better.

1. It is free
2. It connects to your Google account
3. It can connect to a whole variety of data sources, I have been using several Google spreadsheets
4. The ease of inserting a table, a graph, scorecard, heatmap etc
5. It is visually pleasing
6. It can serve as a live dashboard with custom and malleable date ranges
7. It allows you to easily switch around different chart versions
8. You can embed a Google spreadsheet! and scroll through the live Data Studio file!
9. All sorts of sharing settings
10. Can also download as a static PDF file
11. They have a basic training online, and there is a world of articles and youtube videos to help you
12. You can create new fields, rename them etc

Minpunten

1. You have to link by tab for each spreadsheet, which is tedious. It would be nice to be able to link multiple tabs and spreadsheets at once.
2. There is no option for an automatic refresh if there is a change in the base file -- you have to go to View and hit refresh (not intuitive either).
3. The legend text often gets hidden and is not easy to resize and move around.
4. I couldn't find any option for inserting headers or page numbers automatically.

• Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A much needed tool, but lot to improve

Beoordeeld op 24-12-2022

Pluspunten

It has almost all the data and we can create dashboard using all that data, by just drag and drop, which makes it super easy and convenient. For static data like targets, we can connect to google sheets, which results in one stop solution for many employees to track their performance. We also get rich demographic info using GA, which can be visualized here on maps also. After giving access to business users, they are self creating dashboards which is offloading my work.

Minpunten

It does sampling with users when data points are less, which results in different value for every user when using direct GA connector, we have to use Big Query connector to overcome this problem but it incurs cost. Sometimes it does wrong aggregation like while calculating distinct users, sometimes it will give distinct in total for which sum of table will by greater than total, but sometimes it just adds up the values which is wrong.

Johnna
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Google Data Studio (GDS Review)

Beoordeeld op 5-7-2022

I have had a positive experience with Google Data Studio and would recommend to others.

Pluspunten

GDS is free to use, which is a huge perk. There are many connector options, the google ones are free and third-party ones can be added via companies like Supermetrics or TapClicks. I like the visuals in GDS and how user friendly it is. It's also nice you can have shareable URLs for reports/dashboards and can grant editor access to specific data sources.

Minpunten

There are limitations on the number of pivot tables you can have per page and i wish there was a customer support option. Even if we had to pay for it/

Ambar
Ambar
  • Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great Experience With Google Data Studio

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2023

Overall experience with Google Data Studio is really amazing. Excellent!

Overall experience with Google Data Studio is really amazing. Excellent!

Pluspunten

1. It integrates seamlessly with other Google products, including Google Sheets, Cloud MySQL, and others. 2. Since it is a web application, there is no need to install any software. Anyone with access to a computer can begin using it immediately. 3. It offers selected users scheduled delivery of reports. equally configurable is the scheduler.

Minpunten

From my side, there is no negative feedback, Google Data Studio is a very helpful and useful tool. Excellent!

Daïnah
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy and fast to use it with Google's component

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2023

We used Google DataStudio for the price (free), it was very easy to use and was mainly use for the simple dashboard and use cases.

Pluspunten

Google Data Studio is very easy to use with BigQuery's connection : we can connect directly tables, views or custom query.

Minpunten

Before integration with looker, we were limited with left join between tables (no inner join and no right join)

Nathan
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Getting there

Beoordeeld op 19-8-2021

Really easy to extrapolate data from all marketing channels to visualise ROI.

Really easy to extrapolate data from all marketing channels to visualise ROI.

Pluspunten

Some data sources are really easy to integrate. The pre-existing data format templates are extremely useful.

Minpunten

Had a nightmare trying to integrate with a standard SQL database due to the sheer number of IP addresses used to connect to your data. The system we used had no easy way to wildcard multiple IPs

Adobe Analytics