Clockify

Volledig gratis oplossing voor urenregistratie voor teams

(4.803)

Federico
  • Sector: Bankwezen

Great solution for a Small / Medium Business

Beoordeeld op 30-3-2023

We found a solution that solved the need to have lengthy spreadsheets with all our projects, now we can share, coordinate and summarize everybody´s work.

Pluspunten

This solution is great, easy to use, have great functions to export reports to excel to perform analysis, nice and powerful dashboards, and almost no training needed for the users.

Minpunten

Really we can´t find Cons for this app, the only issue is that the timesheet feature is not shown by default, but you can simply make it appear with a little of research.

monday.com

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

We needed a tool that gave us the option to share information in real time, help us control billable hours and stop working with spreadsheets to control our projects.

monday.com, ClickUp en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

We did a cost benefit analysis and Clockify had the highest rate.
Zack
Zack
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

Pluspunten

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount.
I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries.
The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

Minpunten

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface.
It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and color, etc. I wish I could set up all the details about project and client directly from the time-entry page and not have to go around the interface to finish adjusting it.

I don't really care for tracking precise start and stop times separately. Each time I have to stop and start a particular project time, it creates another entry. I prefer a generic single timer that accumulates, rather than a bunch of sub-time-entries like 10:34-10:45, 11:02-11:18, 12:50-1:42. This doesn't do much for me. I just want a single timer that says I worked 3.4 hours or whatever. But this is pretty minor thing. I can ignore all the sub-entries for the most part. But where this gets ugly is when I want to come back and enter time manually. If I need to adjust times, it's nearly impossible because I don't want to create time entries that overlap with existing entries. There is a lot of fudging numbers around so I can line up my projects.

Antwoord van CAKE.com

Thank you for the review Zack.

When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Lindsay
  • Sector: Alternatieve geneeskunde

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Just how you want it to work!

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2024

Pluspunten

The ease and accessibility to make time card edits.

Minpunten

Nothing stands out on any cons. Loved everything

Chavez
  • Sector: Computersoftware

My Overall Experience

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2021

Clockify makes it easier for folks at the company I work for and myself to generate a timesheet report for any specific period. Normally payroll would ask us for a monthly time report before they pay us so this comes in handy plus it's very simple to generate with just a few clicks.

Pluspunten

As an end-user who uses this software every day, I'd say it's pretty simple to use and makes time tracking easy. My company decided to replace our previous time tracking software with Clockify just over two years ago and it didn't take long before the rest of the employees began using it. Credit should be given to its easy UI compared to the previous software we used which looked complicated and took some training. So overall I'd recommend this to business owners looking to make time tracking easy for their employees and themselves.

Minpunten

The only problem I have with software lol is that when I forgot to stop the timer before I sign off for the day it kept running all through the night until I manually stop it the next day. As a Sofware developer, my suggestion would be to learn how the user tracks time through some kind of pattern and show some a notification to let the user know that the timer was left running and silently pause it for them.

Antwoord van CAKE.com

Hi Chavez, thank you for your review! While the web version cannot stop the timer automatically, you can opt in to receive the email if you have a long-running timer. To enable this, click on your icon in the top right corner and enable the option in Email settings. Additionally, the Chrome extension has the option to stop the timer when you close the browser, and also, the macOS app has the option to stop the timer when you shut down the Macbook. We are also working on implementing this feature on the Windows (Beta) app.

Furkan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The best time tracking software

Beoordeeld op 19-12-2023

Pluspunten

It supports multiple platforms without an issue.

Minpunten

There could be improvements on the task management page.

Tomasz
Tomasz

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Awesome software for small, mid and large teams

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2023

Pluspunten

I like the UI of Clockify. The interface is clean, well-designed, and is very intuitive. I had no problem with creating teams, clients, reporting time and creating reports.
New employees also find tool easy to use and we had no problem with it in the past.

Minpunten

It is hard to find cons, I think the one thing that was reported by our non-developer users was the lack of language Clockify supports.
It was a problem in the beginning, but now all of the users use Clockify without any problems.

Laura
Laura
  • Sector: Human Resources

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Fantastic time tracker for online work

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2024

Pluspunten

Ease of use, almost seamless integration with Notion and other project management software

Minpunten

Lack of offline use, occasional crashes of the Notion integration

Hello Laura,

Thank you for the review!

We would encourage you to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you would like to send a more detailed feedback about offline usability and so we can assist you in investigating the Notion integration crashes you experienced.

Looking forward to hearing from you there.

Ralph
Ralph
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Time Tracking Simplified

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2024

My overall experience with Clockify has been positive. This program works as advertised.

Pluspunten

Clockify is very easy to use and more importantly is easily taught to others. Time management is a daily necessity to a reliable time tracking program is must. I like that there have been no issues as of yet. I also like the integration options.

Minpunten

It would be nice to have more customization options when it came to the interface itself.

Glennn Charles
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Good time management tool

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2024

Im very satisfied with Clockify and would continue using this on our upcoming projects.

Pluspunten

It helps our team's productivity to be more efficient and more productive. It will help us visualize project's deadline more conveniently. I really like the alert notification, becasue it will show us if we reached a certain percentage on each projects

Minpunten

I couldn't think of any because I love using this. It helps my team's productivity doubled.

Rubi
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Keeping Projects on a tien

Beoordeeld op 8-4-2024

Pluspunten

The simplicity of using the software. I did not have to overthink.

Minpunten

Other than cost. I don't have any I can think of.

Antwoord van CAKE.com

Thank you for your kind feedback. Ruby!

Emiel
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019

Pluspunten

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Minpunten

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Freedcamp, MeisterTask, Harvest en Toggl Track

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

Pricing was ridiculous. We are a manufacturer and use a lot of different students to make our products. We use the app to let them keep track of what they make. It was not feasible to pay per user as the added value is to low on a per-user base. We ware looking for an app that did not charge per user!

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.
João
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

The best by far for personal projects or Independant Freelancing

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2020

Amazing, best could not ask, I would like to make a copy cat of this one just for fun, that is how good it is.
Really good work guys. If you want more business though, maybe have 2 different models one for personal project / freelancers and another for companies so they could track people's hours in a legit form(track editing and how edited, team user accounts all that)

Pluspunten

Really really easy and intuitive to use, plus the right features for billing and calculating the time spent on a project.

Minpunten

It is not that I do not like, it is simply that Jibble is the tool for companies employees sign-ins and outs, Clockify wins in how fast and adjustable it is for independent workers but loses with companies who need the closest to the most legit form of tracking employees hours. In that sense never noticed Clockify being careful about that.

Louis
Louis

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Clockify is a great starter time tracking system

Beoordeeld op 24-4-2021

We have loved Clockify for what it is. It is the least expensive option for getting your small business up and running. We had a time tracking system that was integrated into our previous billing software due to reasons outside of our control we had to leave that software. We quickly realized that time tracking software was an expensive and terrible space. Clockify is a gem in the middle of a minefield of time tracking software. With additional polishing. It could really be something special. In the time that we have used it. It is already clear that their development team is committed to it and is making great progess.

Pluspunten

Clockify is an inexpensive option for small or startup companies. It has most features that these types of companies need to get up and running.

Minpunten

The reporting at times has been borderline useless at best incredibly confusing. I would run a report. My employee would run the same report. We would each get different results. Something in our administration levels must have affected the report. We create web software for a living, and we were so confused by much of the reporting that we couldn't determine what accurate numbers would be.

Harvest

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

Our accountants made us switch to Quickbooks.

FreshBooks

Price and features.

Antwoord van CAKE.com

Thank you for your honest feedback, Louis!
We're happy to hear that you find Clockify useful.

As for the reports, is it possible that you and your users are in different time zones?
If so, you will always see the reports according to your time zone, not the user's who tracked time. If you'd like, you can check this page for more information https://clockify.me/help/users/time-zones

And if you need any further help, feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Jesse
  • Sector: Online media

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Clockify is a great free tracker

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2021

I have used Clockify for close to two years and I have yet to find a time tracker that is as functional and straightforward. Other apps have more modern designs, but at the expense of usability.

Pluspunten

The basics of any time tracking app is, of course, tracking time. Reports are also very helpful, along with tasks for a project. Clockify is the one app I've found that is free for all those features. It's well designed and thought out. Every feature you need is within quick access and simple to find.

Minpunten

The interface is as modern as some other trackers (Toggl, Harvest, etc). I occasionally look at other apps just to see if there's a better looking one. But they all either lack the features I need at the free level, or aren't as intuitive to use.

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Clockify has a great free level, and upgrade price for more advanced features is very reasonable. It also is easy to use. Since I don't have a lot of time as a small business owner, I need to be able to jump in and use the program right away without downtime. No other app I've found has as easy an onramp as Clockify.
Vickey
  • Sector: Administratie

The BEST Time Tracking Software I Have Ever Used

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2022

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this software? It is awesome! It does everything I need and more to track the time spent on my clients. Would highly recommend their software!

Pluspunten

What is there NOT to like about this software? It was very easy to set up. It is simple to use. I have a small accounting firm and needed to track time spent per client per employee. This software does it simply and effectively. I love the "tags" as well. With the previous time tracking software I was using before they started to charge a fortune for it...I would have to type out the "tasks" that I was working on with each client. With Clockify, I have set up reports, reviews, emails, data entry, etc. as tags and it is simple as clicking the tag. LOVE LOVE LOVE this software!

Minpunten

I guess if there was something I could change about the software it would be to add a "pause" button. I have to "Stop" the timer if I get interrupted in a client project and then go down in the time tracker and restart it when I get back in it. Not hard and it still does what I need it to do...but a "pause" button would be nice =) Another "con" would be that I have to manually add new clients and project which takes less than one minute...so not really an issue either =)

Minute7

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

QB Time started charging for it and it wasn't work what they wanted for it.

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

It worked the best for my firm. Clockify was much easier to track time with.

Antwoord van CAKE.com

Thank you very much for the review Vickey!

We are glad that you're enjoying Clockify.

If you have any feature suggestions, you're welcome to fill out this form https://clockify.me/feedback

Considering manually adding of projects and clients, please note that you can import them all at once with the CSV file.

If you have any additional questions regarding this, please write at [email protected]

Roldan
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

Roldan's Review

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2022

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

Pluspunten

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

Minpunten

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Time Doctor

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Time Doctor en Hubstaff

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.
Olushola
  • Sector: Marktonderzoek
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best time tracking resource out there

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2022

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

Pluspunten

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

Minpunten

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

TimeCamp, Time Doctor en DeskTime

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)
Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2022

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

Pluspunten

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

Minpunten

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

Sabrina

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2022

I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pluspunten

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Minpunten

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Trello, Harvest en Toggl Track

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

I'd been with Harvest for 3 years before I switched. I did so because the free version I was on wasn't free anymore and the quality of their system wasn't worth the payment. I found Clockify because it also had a free version but I quickly saw the value in paying for the advanced features.

Harvest

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

It was the easiest to use. It was also the most cost-efficient without sacrificing the quality of the product.
Tim
  • Sector: Architectuur en planning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

What gets measured, gets managed

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2022

Clockify plays a vital role in tracking our activities. Knowing what gets done, when, and for what project allows us to identify the tasks and resources we need to allocate.

The product has a very generous free tier, and it is relatively easy to implement with some basic introduction.

Aside from the various ways to log time, I enjoy the report feature because it allows me to view data in various ways.

Pluspunten

I like that it has several ways you can track your time: you can manually log, use a timer, or input via the calendar. This feature helped make it easier to deploy to the team because they can choose how to log. And the dashboard shows how others are doing so you can see your team log as well.

Minpunten

None so far. It has been useful for our team. In due time, I'm exploring to use the paid version.

Time Doctor, QuickBooks Time, Trello en Toggl Track

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

We used to log time through Slack which then gets moved into a Google Sheet. It was quite a tedious process.

Zapier, Slack en Google Sheets

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Clockify had the simplest but most functional features of the free tier for our use. And in the event we decide to purchase the paid version, it is the most affordable. The others are perhaps better for bigger companies.

Antwoord van CAKE.com

Thanks for your amazing and detailed review Tim!

We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify and that it was easy to adapt it to your worfklow.

If you happen to have any suggestions for us, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Joseph

Easiest and Cheapest Project Management

Beoordeeld op 27-4-2023

I've used Clockify from when I was an employee tracking my work hours on a daily basis, to now using it as someone who needs to stay on top of other's projects and hours. I only started using it because it was free, but I prefer it to other things I've used in the passed, such as Asana, Slack, or just sharing a google drive.

Pluspunten

I prefer the simplicity of the layout compared to alternatives and the free version accommodates most needs adequately. You're not forced to pay to get use out of it.

Minpunten

Some may feel that Clockify is more limited compared to alternatives.

Slack en Asana

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

Other more engaging options feel almost like social media to me at times, or at least slightly more distracting than Clockify. I prefer it's layout, which to me feels more focused towards promoting efficiency and concentration.

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Clockify is exactly what you need and nothing else for cheaper than the rest.
Simeón
Simeón
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Nice way to keep track on your time

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product.
So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pluspunten

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation.
On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button.
A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case.
The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on.
Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables.
And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

Minpunten

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project.
Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible.
I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Larry
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Good Web App. Needs Work on Mobile

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2022

Good overall experience especially with the web app, but really needs work on the iOS mobile app.

Pluspunten

Tracking time on the web app is very easy. The report is comprehensive.

Minpunten

Unlike the web app, where you enter everything on the first level interface, in the mobile app, you have to click multiple times in order to enter time entries and descriptions. Also, in the mobile app, you have to roll with the annoying times selection rollers in order to select the time rather than simply entering the time on a simple nine-number numeric plus AM/PM keyboard like other apps are doing. Further, the mobile app appears to rely on remote server rather than a local mechanism. Every time you enter anything, the app would need to sync with the server and you have to wait for that. And the fact that the mobile app would have to sync with the server every single time you enter any time entry, it usually create conflicts and mess-ups especially when you have another timer running on another device. Additionally, Clockify only has an slow & inaccurate old fashion iOS widget that you can only put on the -1 page and do not have the modern widget feature that goes with the new iOS system. A simple iOS widget that places a simple start/stop button on any iOS "desktop page (pages listing apps)" would be a game-changer. Being able to press a button on the first page of the iOS device to simply record starting/stopping time on the go and later come back to enter the descriptions would be very convenient. Users don't even have to enter the descriptions on the go right away if they don't want to.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Streamline Time Tracking and Boost Productivity with Clockify's Effortless Management Features

Beoordeeld op 3-6-2023

Clockify has been an incredibly helpful tool for tracking my work hours and reporting to my boss. I primarily use it in my web browser, and I have to say, it's one of the easiest time tracking software I've come across. What I love about Clockify is that it's lightweight and doesn't slow down my laptop, allowing me to seamlessly track my time without any hassle.The user interface is clean and intuitive, making it a breeze to navigate through the various features. I particularly appreciate how easy it is to clock in and out of tasks or projects, and even manually enter time in case I forget to track it in real-time. It's a simple yet effective process that saves me time and effort.One of the standout features of Clockify is its reporting capability. After tracking my time, generating reports is a breeze, and I'm always impressed with the detailed breakdown it provides. The reports are presented in a beautiful and easy-to-understand format, making it simple for me to analyze my productivity and identify areas for improvement. It has been a great aid in helping me make informed decisions about my work and manage my time more efficiently.In conclusion, Clockify is a comprehensive and reliable time tracking solution. It has significantly helped me optimize my productivity, efficiently manage my projects, and gain valuable insights into my time usage. I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a user-friendly and feature-rich time tracking software.

Pluspunten

- The ease of use and intuitive interface.- The ability to track time on various tasks and projects accurately.- The detailed and visually appealing reports that provide valuable insights into productivity.

Minpunten

There is nothing significant that I disliked about Clockify. However, it would be nice to have more customization options for the reports.

Netanya
Netanya
  • Sector: Diergeneeskunde
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to adopt time tracking solution

Beoordeeld op 22-9-2023

My experience with Clockify is one for the books. As an individual and our organization at large, it has helped greatly in streamlining our time management which in turn has boosted efficiency all round. Through provision of useful infor that smoothen workflows that has helped us make informed decisions to tick all our goals individually and as the VetCare fraternity.

Pluspunten

Clockify is an easy to use tool that provides effective time tracking, streamlined rotation management, timesheets with maximum accuracy and productivity insights. It also support third party products integrations which allows it to suit most if not all existing infrastructure. It is flexible in a way that provide both the free or subscription plan. Rotation delegation and management can get a little messy but with Clockify it gives that proper planning vibes. Customers or rather farmers infor and projects are in different drop-downs making it easy to follow up. I would therefore recommend for teams seeking to take account if their time and reduce on reconciliation at the end of every working period

Minpunten

With Clockify ,advanced features are only accessible in subscription version since the free edition comes with restrictions on some of it's features. With unstable internet connection you cannot utilize Clockify since it is a cloud based solution. This may inhibit time tracking since it's not always that one has a reliable internet connection.