Clockify

4,7 (4.373)
Volledig gratis oplossing voor urenregistratie voor teams

(4.373)

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Hend Abdalla

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Beoordeeld op 3-8-2021

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

Pluspunten

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

Minpunten

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously)
Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Punchpass en Toggl Track

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Toggl Track

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Antwoord van Clockify Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review.
With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button.
As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit.
If you have other questions please contact us at [email protected]

Best,

Jennifer

Clockify Review - Free Time Tracking Software

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2023

Pluspunten

Clockify is a free, cloud-based time tracking software that allows you to track time spent on projects and tasks. It supports numerous integrations, such as invoicing and project management tools, to ensure you get the most out of your data. Clockify makes it easy to generate detailed reports, which can be used to understand how your team is spending their time and make necessary changes. It also offers a wide range of features, such as user management and time off tracking, to make it easier to manage your team's hours. The software is also user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to learn and use. Clockify also offers a mobile app, making it easy to track time on the go. However I really enjoyed using the desktop application.

Minpunten

Tracker can be a great tool for task tracking, but it does have its limitations. Without task status or team collaboration options in the free account, it can be difficult to accurately track tasks over time. Additionally, since Tracker has no upper limit to stop at, if you forget to stop a task for days, it can be difficult to track the progress made.

Antwoord van Clockify Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Please note that we offer a Long-running timer notification feature that you can set up in your email preferences. This way you will receive an email in case your timer is on for more than 8h. Please see this link for more information - https://clockify.me/help/users/profile-settings#email-preferences.

Hope this will help. Feel free to reach out to our support at support[email protected] if you have more questions. Cheers!

Chavez

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

My Overall Experience

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2021

Clockify makes it easier for folks at the company I work for and myself to generate a timesheet report for any specific period. Normally payroll would ask us for a monthly time report before they pay us so this comes in handy plus it's very simple to generate with just a few clicks.

Pluspunten

As an end-user who uses this software every day, I'd say it's pretty simple to use and makes time tracking easy. My company decided to replace our previous time tracking software with Clockify just over two years ago and it didn't take long before the rest of the employees began using it. Credit should be given to its easy UI compared to the previous software we used which looked complicated and took some training. So overall I'd recommend this to business owners looking to make time tracking easy for their employees and themselves.

Minpunten

The only problem I have with software lol is that when I forgot to stop the timer before I sign off for the day it kept running all through the night until I manually stop it the next day. As a Sofware developer, my suggestion would be to learn how the user tracks time through some kind of pattern and show some a notification to let the user know that the timer was left running and silently pause it for them.

Antwoord van Clockify Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Chavez, thank you for your review! While the web version cannot stop the timer automatically, you can opt in to receive the email if you have a long-running timer. To enable this, click on your icon in the top right corner and enable the option in Email settings. Additionally, the Chrome extension has the option to stop the timer when you close the browser, and also, the macOS app has the option to stop the timer when you shut down the Macbook. We are also working on implementing this feature on the Windows (Beta) app.

• Sector: Managementconsulting

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Absolutely fantastic time tracking tool for consultants!

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2022

I use clockify to easily track billable hours to clients over various projects. It's very simple to use and a great solution for exactly that.

Pluspunten

Clockify ticks all the boxes of what a time tracking solution should do. It is very easy to use, integrates well into Google Chrome and makes time tracking a breeze.

Minpunten

There is not much to dislike about Clockify. It's doing a great job of time tracking, allowing you to create PDF reports and more.

Ela
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

There is always time with Clockify

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2023

I've been pleased with Clockify. It helps me track and manage my time and for my occasionally billing by hour, it's been perfect.

Pluspunten

I find Clockify extremely useful. It enables me to see what I've worked on throughout the day or a week and how much I've worked on a given project. I usually charge per project, but on occasion I do charge by hour. Clockify enables me to do this. Without Clockify, I'd be writing down the times with a pen and paper.

Minpunten

My main problem with Clockify is it has to be turned off! It keeps on ticking even after I've left my computer and gone to do something else. There are extensions that can be added to your browser that send alerts when the computer is idle. On the other hand, I really only use it to know how I use my time, and not so much for billing. If I used it for billing, not remembering to turn off Clockify could be a problem.

• Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Clockify from a daily user

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2023

Pluspunten

Its very easy to use, it does have a mobile app and chrome extension. It also have this favicon that when you start tracking time, it changes color so you know if you've started tracking already or not.

Minpunten

Sometimes or often I forget on clicking the stop button so sometimes I need to manually change my time log and the admin tells me that it still read my first log which is over in real time.

Ivor
  • Sector: Muziek
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Highly Recommended: Clockify Time Tracking Tool

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2023

As a music studio owner, I have been using Clockify to track the time my engineers and producers spend on various recording sessions and projects. The interface is easy to navigate and the ability to create multiple projects has been very helpful in keeping track of the studio's workload. The reports generated by the app have also been useful in invoicing clients and analyzing the studio's productivity.One feature that I found particularly useful is the ability to track billable and non-billable time, allowing me to accurately bill clients for the time spent on their projects. I also appreciate the ability to track time on the go via the mobile app.

Pluspunten

Clockify is a fantastic time tracking tool! The interface is user-friendly and the features are comprehensive. I especially appreciate the ability to track time for multiple projects and the option to create detailed reports. I highly recommend Clockify for anyone in need of a reliable time tracking solution

Minpunten

Overall, I have had a positive experience using Clockify. I have not encountered any major issues or drawbacks while using the app. However, there is always room for improvement.

Jerome
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Clockify

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2023

It was great. This platform is very useful to us.

Pluspunten

The clockify is great platform to track the daily performance and productivity of my agents. This will give me data on every single person and if we need to conduct touch base or coaching session. The project data management will also identify which project we need to focus on.

Minpunten

This will be great if we add an option to send a summary of data for the productivity of the agents on their email addresses and how much they will receive.

Deanielle
  • Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Easy to use and free

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2023

It is free to use -- so great for startups or independent workers.

Pluspunten

Clockify makes it easy for me and my team to track our hours based on task and to submit paysheets

Minpunten

I do not believe there is the option to do random screenshots and/or tracking of keyboard strokes like other software offers

Antwoord van Clockify Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for the feedback, Danielle!

Did you check out our Desktop app which offers a screenshot feature?
You can check it out at this link: https://clockify.me/help/extra-features/screenshots

Andrew
  • Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Simple and Easy

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2023

I hardly notice I am using it. That is a good thing, it shouldn't be a hassle to use and it should be as simple as on and off. With the addition of editing times its no question what I'd use in the future for clocking time.

Pluspunten

Easy to use with many options to edit time. I've had plenty of times where I left the timer on by accident and being able to quickly edit the time is a huge help.

Minpunten

I would like to be able to change the time it sends a reminder email for when your clock is still running. It is set to 8 hours which is fine for most times, but I tend to work shorter times and I tend to forgot to turn it off so being able to adjust when that email is sent would be a great help for people like me.

Vickey
  • Sector: Administratie

The BEST Time Tracking Software I Have Ever Used

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2022

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this software? It is awesome! It does everything I need and more to track the time spent on my clients. Would highly recommend their software!

Pluspunten

What is there NOT to like about this software? It was very easy to set up. It is simple to use. I have a small accounting firm and needed to track time spent per client per employee. This software does it simply and effectively. I love the "tags" as well. With the previous time tracking software I was using before they started to charge a fortune for it...I would have to type out the "tasks" that I was working on with each client. With Clockify, I have set up reports, reviews, emails, data entry, etc. as tags and it is simple as clicking the tag. LOVE LOVE LOVE this software!

Minpunten

I guess if there was something I could change about the software it would be to add a "pause" button. I have to "Stop" the timer if I get interrupted in a client project and then go down in the time tracker and restart it when I get back in it. Not hard and it still does what I need it to do...but a "pause" button would be nice =) Another "con" would be that I have to manually add new clients and project which takes less than one minute...so not really an issue either =)

Minute7

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

QB Time started charging for it and it wasn't work what they wanted for it.

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

It worked the best for my firm. Clockify was much easier to track time with.

Antwoord van Clockify Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you very much for the review Vickey!

We are glad that you're enjoying Clockify.

If you have any feature suggestions, you're welcome to fill out this form https://clockify.me/feedback

Considering manually adding of projects and clients, please note that you can import them all at once with the CSV file.

If you have any additional questions regarding this, please write at [email protected]

Stephen Brent
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

An easy-to-use tool for growing businesses

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2021

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Pluspunten

As a growing agency, we spent a lot of time researching time tracking tools and software that was simple to use and did the job without too many bells and whistles. We simply needed to track time for specific clients and tag what kind of work we were doing. We didn't need the ability to invoice from it, so we were also looking for something that was affordable.

Minpunten

The reporting feature is not the most user-friendly. I am always able to pull the information I need, but it can take multiple steps to get there.

I wish there was better integration with ClickUp.

Harvest

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

We used Hive for project management and time tracking, and we switched to ClickUp for PM. The time tracking reports in Hive never matched up to how many hours we knew we were logging, so we wanted to separate time tracking from the project management software.

Hive

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

We chose Clockify over Harvest due to price point. Harvest charged the same price as ClickUp, and it didn't make sense to pay the same price for time tracking as project management.

Antwoord van Clockify Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for your review, Stephen!

If you have any specific ideas for improving reports, feel free to email us at [email protected], or use this feedback form https://clockify.me/feedback

Emiel
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019

Pluspunten

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Minpunten

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Freedcamp, MeisterTask, Harvest en Toggl Track

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

Pricing was ridiculous. We are a manufacturer and use a lot of different students to make our products. We use the app to let them keep track of what they make. It was not feasible to pay per user as the added value is to low on a per-user base. We ware looking for an app that did not charge per user!

Toggl Track

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.
Simon Haoran
  • Sector: Internet

Best Time Tracking Software Ever

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2022

We are a full remote team working on projects for clients, so having a way to track time spent and pay out / invoice using tracked time is very crucial part of our day-to-day workflow. I really enjoy having a working software that I can track time on all of my devices and even have it integrated into other tools like Trello and our accounting software using API.

Pluspunten

We like the fact that just the free feature is good enough for most of our use cases, and most importantly, a full-fledged API that we can integrate our workflows into the tracker so I can track project progress with time spent, help a lot with our retrospective process and refining workflows to optimize time spent, and I can easily grab the time spent on all teammates on each project so I can use to do the payments.

Minpunten

The Mac Desktop client can definitely use some love, but this is really minor issue, since we now use APIs more.

Hubstaff

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

TopTracker didn't have API, so we had to do some hacking to pull data programmatically, and one day the monthly invoice feature broke in TopTracker. I reached out to the team for support but they basically gave me a blanket statement and proceed with not fixing. Even though I still had projects tracked there, I made the switch as soon as I found that clockify also covers all of my needs.

TopTracker

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

At the time when I used it, Clockify had the fixed price for features regardless of # of users, so it was pretty clear for me. Because I don't have a fixed # of people using the product when projects come and I am working with more freelancers. It was the best priced product on the market.
Leônidas
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Nice easygoing time tracking tool for personal use

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2022

I often work on multiple projects at 'the same time', and it can be hard to track how much time I'm actually putting into each one. Clockify helps me on that, and at the end of the month/week I can see how much work I have really accomplished and, based on that, plan ahead reprioritizing (or charging more) based on what I see. I also use it to keep my productivity in check.

Pluspunten

It's fast, simple, light and practical (and looks good enough). I also like that it allows me to only use the functions that I need without having to learn/deal with all the other features it has.

Minpunten

-Navigating its menus can be quite unintuitive sometimes;
-It really looks/looked like a clone of the first iteration of Toggle, and that gave me a bad first impression of it. Still, the color pallet was better than Toggl's, and since the functionalities that I needed worked almost identical in both, I continued to use it.

RescueTime en Toggl Track

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

I tried a couple of different project and time tracking tools for my personal needs (tracking my personal work projects and daily activities). Some were to complex, some were to pricey, some were to ugly/had a bad UI. Clockify was the best one for what I needed.
Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2022

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

Pluspunten

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

Minpunten

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

Sabrina
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2022

I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pluspunten

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Minpunten

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Trello, Harvest en Toggl Track

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

I'd been with Harvest for 3 years before I switched. I did so because the free version I was on wasn't free anymore and the quality of their system wasn't worth the payment. I found Clockify because it also had a free version but I quickly saw the value in paying for the advanced features.

Harvest

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

It was the easiest to use. It was also the most cost-efficient without sacrificing the quality of the product.
Adriano
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Clockify gives you power to control all tasks in any kind or size of projects

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2021

Clockify gives me control over all parts of a project. I can focus in tasks that are really important and manage my team easily. Clockify is integrated to my Gmail, Calendar, Asana, Google Docs and Spreadsheets making the work very productive and tasks on each of them easy to control. I´ve tested many other softwares online and desktop, including smartphone apps and Clockify was simple the best option I found.

Pluspunten

Clockify is amazing to control time & tasks in projects. Using a plugin Chrome Browser extension you add a small clock to e-mails, documents, spreadsheets, etc, and can start your timer in any kind of task. Clockify allows you to generate reports on the fly, super easy and fast. At the end of the day you know how productive you are and knows where in the projects you stay. You can easily schedule tasks, interact with other members of the team and track almost everything. The costs reports are a powerful tool, with them you control all the costs of your projects and team members. Using work spaces, you can create different scopes of work for any kind of organization you work. Clockify allows you to create clients, projects, teams, tags, and control the costs & track times of work for every one of them.

Minpunten

Sometimes, I miss a feature like Gantt Chart but this is not really a problem. I also would like to have a version translated to Portuguese.

Antwoord van Clockify Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Adriano, Thank you for your feedback and the kind words!
If you would like to join our translation process for Portuguese or any other language, feel free to visit https://clockify.me/help/translation and submit your request.

Amanda
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Works for Payroll, Billing, and Quantifying Impact

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2022

It's been great, and we recommend it often to other nonprofits we work with. Tracking time with Clockify helps us plan budgets and staffing needs, allocate resources, and show our impact to grantmakers and critical stakeholders.

Pluspunten

The ease of use as far as a user-friendly interface and customer support. It has plenty of features to customize the platform to fit an organization's needs.

Minpunten

It lacks some permission controls, not granular enough.

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om voor Clockify te kiezen

The interface was antiquated.

ClickTime

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

QB Time is also antiquated compared to Clockify although we may re-examine as they continue to improve the product.
Joel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best time tracking app out there

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2019

Overall, Clockify has helped streamline my small business. I no longer have to worry about keeping timestamps in my head while picking up the phone, or jotting a quick note down that I'll forget what it's in reference to later. Clockify has made me more efficient, and more accurate, two things that are wonderfully customer-centric.

Pluspunten

I most love how easy this app is able to integrate into my workflow. It literally only takes me a few clicks to switch gears to a different project. So when a customer calls up and I need to start tracking my time differently, I can switch my time to a new task (before I even know what the task is) and once the customer fills me in on the needs of the call, I can start to detail the clock that is still running, without interrupting anything.

Minpunten

I wish that their was a report that was a mix between the summary and the detail report. The detail report is everything that you need, but summary gives some great summation which helps with invoicing. The only problem is that you can't see the summation with the detail. If there was either an expand/collapse that could be added to the summary report, or grouping that could be added to the detail report, we would have the best of all worlds.

TimeCamp, LiquidPlanner en Toggl Track

Redenen om over te stappen op Clockify

Clockify is the best at fulfilling it's main function, then adds features to it. The other apps seemed to require dealing with more up front, instead of keeping the main thing the main thing.
Scott
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Good product giving deeper insight into project development

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2022

Overall, Clockify is a great tool that can help give teams more transparency into how time is being spent. It encourages good habits and organizational transparency, but it does require some amount of buy-in from users to make it effective.

Pluspunten

Clockify excels at providing project teams with deeper insight into where time is being spent. It's reports are great for quickly providing the information that is desired, at any level of detail. It's numerous tagging features allow for commonalities to be observed between projects as well, to identify potential areas of waste. It also promotes a culture of transparency and accountability that encourages users to be proactive about how they spend their time.

Minpunten

It's strength in promoting active time tracking is also it's weakness. It requires users to "buy-in" to detailed time tracking. While the benefits are clear to project owners, managers, It can be a hard sell if trying to encourage adoption to a larger group that has an existing time tracking methodology. Many folks aren't used to tracking their precise activities and can view this as just another unnecessary tool. It works great for small teams.

Additionally, there are a few UI annoyances that make it difficult to update/correct time if you forgot to switch your running timer to a different item. It would be nice if there were different options for sorting your time in the Time Tracker page (ie. sort by time started regardless of project) so tasks appear linearly throughout the day so you don't have to click through the different projects trying to find the one that is incorrect. Additionally, it would be nice if you were allowed to set the current timer's start time to a future time. For example, I know I need to switch to a new task in 10 minutes, but will be busy at the actual start time to lock in the task change.

Simeón
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Nice way to keep track on your time

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product.
So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pluspunten

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation.
On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button.
A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case.
The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on.
Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables.
And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

Minpunten

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project.
Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible.
I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Gabrielle
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

!! Highly Recommend to Businesses of ALL Sizes !!

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2022

We are a nonprofit organization, and have been using Clockify for years. We've never experienced any problems, and this software is extremely EASY to use. Other programs we researched were too tedious or complex, but Clockify makes every feature simple, and provides MORE services we haven't even begun to use yet! It's incredible! We use this every day for our employees to clock in and clock out, for the bookkeepers to create monthly reports to see which projects we are spending most of our time on, and it even has a mobile app that's very efficient. By far, the BEST software we have found, and I highly recommend Clockify to businesses of ALL sizes.

Minpunten

I have not found any "cons" with Clockify, and we've been using it for years.

Meghan

Straightforward Time Tracking Software -- Easy to Learn, Easier to Use

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2020

As a software developer working on small projects while putting myself through school, I have to be very careful with how I manage my time. Clockify provides me with a great solution to keep myself accountable for my waking hours. With its feature to add clients, I'm able to record the time I spend studying separately from my work hours by listing my education institution under one client and my contracts under their own respective clients. The reporting feature is insightful in breaking down my time by my desired filters (date, client, project, task, etc.). It enables me to keep my clients happy with accurate progress reports and estimated completion dates as well as help me gauge my progress in my school's curriculum. Tracking my time using Clockify has definitely kept my life on track!

Pluspunten

There are two features that really stand out when it comes to Clockify.

The first being its compatibility across a number of devices. I can track my time via the web app or desktop app while working from my home office, then just as easily use the mobile app to record how long I've spent working on my train ride into the city, all without having to worry about issues with syncing between my devices.

The second feature that I absolutely love about Clockify is how granular it allows you to be when tracking your activities. You have complete control with the ability to create clients, assign projects to those clients, and even generate tasks within each project. And when it's time to use the tracker, just pick which project you want to track from the drop-down. The projects are separated by clients with submenus for each project displaying that project's tasks. You even have the option to add further description in the 'What are you working on?' field. This level of detail is critical when it comes to recording my time for invoicing purposes. On the other hand, if you need to just record the time and fill in the details later — you can do that too!

Minpunten

I notice that sometimes the software can lag when I make edits to my clients, projects, tasks, etc. This happens maybe once every two to three weeks and it never gets in the way of actually recording my time, it can just get annoying if I'm trying to do cleanup or reporting on the app when it decides to lag in saving changes.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Quite good but their apps are buggy

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2019

The free plan is quite okay for a small agency but still, they have a long way to go in order to compete with the other products on the niche.

Pluspunten

Clockify has helped a lot on time tracking my projects, I get paid hourly so it's vital to have a time tracker on my side. What I love the most about Clockify is that you can track billable hours (they will be converted to $ in the reports) on their free plans. Many other competitors don't allow this feature on their free plans.

Their reports are okay and it's nice to have the bookmarks so you are able to share a report link with your clients. The options to group and manage your tasks are quite extensive as well, you can create Clients, Projects, Teams and even Workspaces for your tasks.

Minpunten

I appreciate that they have tried to go as multiplatform as possible but their apps are often buggy. Being the Windows one the worst of them all, the app logs out every five minutes, forcing me to reinput my credentials.

I also need to pay attention to see if the timer is still running when I close the lid of my notebook, even on sleep mode the tracker will keep running, when you come back you might find out that you have been working for 12 hours.

Their downloadable reports are not really nice looking, the graphs are often distorted and the typography on the reports is way behind the desirable. Often I find myself manually fixing the look and feel of the reports to give my clients something more presentable after all that's the proof of the work you have done and how much you will get paid.

Thanks for the feedback!
We understand that Windows App needs improvements. Some bugs you mentioned have been fixed, please, make sure you have the latest version.
Alsot adding Idle detection feature to the Windows App is on our roadmap.
As for the reports, we've recently redesigned them so that they have new, improved look that you can check out.