Paychex Flex

• Sector: Computernetwerken

I'm very satisfied

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2022

Pluspunten

Overall correct application and easy to use

Nothing special really. Good application, I recommend it

Paycom en BambooHR
Matt
  • Sector: Automotive

Paychex Flex is great for Vacation Scheduling and Time Clock

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2022

Simple to use for both employees and management makes it a great option for your business.

Pluspunten

Makes keeping track of employee vacation times easy to manage without unintended overlap. Digital time clock makes tracking hours and attendance a breeze.

Minpunten

Honestly no real complaints. Most of my issues are a result of poor internet connection at times.

• Sector: Detailhandel
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Oversold

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2022

The sales team over sold on the product. From the first call we were told they were unable to do the items needed. It has gone down hill since. The employees installing are not trained and are unable to train others. The product teams do not know how their actions will impact the others. Spent more time on the phone escalating than implementing. My emails and calls start with begging to be provided instructions on how do the most simple tasks. As we signed up for tax filing services we will will complete the current year then move to another provider. I would strongly suggest not selecting paychex. They have been a huge burden at a premium expense.

Pluspunten

There is greater backend logic in the pay data batch than other products. Beyond that I have nothing positive to share.

Minpunten

The software is not designed to be easy. The amount of time seeking and searching for general employee information is bothersome.

Heather

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to use as an employee

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2022

As a user, Paychex provides an easy-to-use platform for time tracking and paycheck information. I downloaded the app but chose to stick with the website due to the straightforward nature of being able to clock in and out quickly, request PTO, and approve employee time tracking with a few clicks in a web browser.

Pluspunten

Paychex is easy to use as an employee. Being able to clock in and out is simple - there is a button to click that records the punches. I've also used the timesheet to manually enter time, which is also straightforward. As a supervisor, seeing my direct report's timesheet is handy. To approve, it's a matter of checking a box for approval - I feel like it could not get any simpler as an end user.

Minpunten

While easy to use, I'm not too fond of the feature for switching between the employee (self) details and supervisor (direct report) details. A switch role function in the upper corner is not necessarily intuitive. I would love for there to be a way to have it all on the same "home" page rather than having to switch roles. While I personally do not have anything to do with the setup of Paychex, I am going to assume there are some issues from there, as our HR department seemed to have difficulty making updates to the system regularly.

Carmen
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good payroll app

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2022

Easy to use.

Pluspunten

Everything about payroll, paid time off, vacation time, requesting time off, direct deposit and paycheck stubs are all easy to access.

Minpunten

No complaints about Paychex flex, don't have anything else to compare it to.

Jared
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Payroll services

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2022

Pluspunten

Overall, PayChex Flex was an intuitive product, esepcially for those, like myself, who are not in the HR field. I was easily able to set up our employees, from tax documentation to direct deposit documents, and was quickly able to process our monthly payroll. PayChex Flex also allowed for easy access to financial documents and reports, which came in very handy during times of audits and reviews.

Minpunten

Customer service was a bit hit or miss. When I did have questions, they were ultimately answered, but not always in a timely manner.

• Sector: Pakket- en goederenbezorging

Great Application for All Employees

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2022

Simple for our growing business and easy to add new employees.

Pluspunten

My company deployed this application about 5 years ago and it is very easy to use. You can pull W2's and any tax or paycheck related information needed in a click of a button. Most things can be seen on the application which is nice and makes it even easier for employees.

Minpunten

Logging in can sometimes be annoying if you forgotten or need to change a password.

Diego

Estou super satisfeito !

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2022

Muito bom !

Pluspunten

Gostando demais do serviço. Me surpreende a cada dia !

Minpunten

Poderia ter menos burocracia, algumas coisas podem ser diferentes

Raven
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Great While Tracking Time

Beoordeeld op 19-8-2022

Pluspunten

I had experience with using this for work. My previous company used it for payroll and to track our time off, paychecks and PTO. It was easy to use and had an app as well.

Minpunten

The app gave me issues sometimes and wasn’t really as functional as the website.

Lauren
  • Sector: Vastgoed

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Average

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2022

Pluspunten

It does what it is supposed to do. I was able to use it easily.

Minpunten

Not as advanced as pay.com or ADP. Was happy when my company changed.

Cody
  • Sector: Entertainment

Streamlined and Simplified Payroll Processing and Ancillary HR Services

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2022

Thus far, the experience has been positive and meets all needs of the company. Tax compliance, W-2s, time keeping, and benefits admin all went smoothly through a full annual cycle. The customer service response times are within a reasonable range, and the mobile app surprisingly is very useful due to the simplicity of the overall platform. Employees can also self-serve make a certain number of changes to things like addresses or banking info without the need for an HR team member to service such requests.

Pluspunten

The ease of onboarding and implementation (compared to ADP, for example), as well as the streamlined processes that allow for staff who may not be payroll professionals to accurately run payroll & benefits to a high degree of efficiency.

Minpunten

The functionality for contractors isn't as great as some other providers I've used in the past (PayReel, for instance). Additionally, the level of sophistication for tax issue or researching problems from state notices, etc. isn't the best I've seen though it is certainly adequate.

ADP Workforce Now en PayrollPanda

Redenen om voor Paychex Flex te kiezen

Cheaper and more streamlined solution for a smaller company that may not require dedicated payroll teams and a very high level of white-glove service.

Dayforce HCM

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Presented the clearest and best use case for a small to mid-size company which a mix of hourly and salaried staff. Also not having a dedicated payroll expert on the team necessitated a platform that is easy to use and does not have a steep learning curve (ADP, for instance).
Anthony

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Many features, great value, options to expand capabilities

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2022

Paychex Flex seems to do it all: You can access all your HR forms, sick and vacation time, timesheets, if you're a manager you have access to your team, complete HR actions, and much more. The mobile app runs basically the same, although it isn't the most touch-friendly app, it gets the job done. All the features work well, and while the app isn't the most user friendly, it is more than serviceable. There are also features that would be great for our team if we used them, like integration with other HR apps, but that's more an organizational issue. We switched from a different HR app which was completely unusable, and we've been happy ever since.

Pluspunten

It does everything we need for the organization: payroll, time clocks, tracking, coding time, HR benefits, vacation and sick time, organizational forms, etc. There are also a lot of features that we just don't use as an organization. For instance we use a scheduling app (Homebase) for some of our employees and you can integrate Paychex into Homebase to handle the payroll. We came from another system that was very clunk and difficult to use, so the simplicity of Paychex was a breath of fresh air.

Minpunten

The biggest issue I have, and just a disclaimer I might not be the best trained, is that employee management is time consuming. It's not super difficult, but I often have trouble finding employees on my team, checking and modifying their time, etc. Also signing forms is a bit cumbersome because you have to click around the document yourself, something more like Verisign would be very helpful when dealing with forms.

Steven R

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Calm in a sea of changing regulations

Beoordeeld op 8-6-2021

We had considered hosting our own payroll, however, with the craziness of COVID and regulations we are very happy we chose a partner provided and supported solution. Saves us time chasing new regulations and forms and the dreaded amendments.

Pluspunten

The customer service makes the product easy to use. The support makes the product as with many payroll software products it will do what you want you just have to find the right entry and set up.

Minpunten

At times its so complete it can be overwhelming to find some less used features you had found before. Again they are all like this but the customer support makes this a breeze as you can actually talk to a human being that listens and helps.

Payroll Relief

Redenen om voor Paychex Flex te kiezen

ADP client support is a nightmare from our experience. From changing sales people to unreachable customer support.

RUN Powered by ADP

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

We actually tried it and it was not even close to what we had hoped. Paychex customer support makes it the only choice for us.
Eric

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Everything we need and more

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Pluspunten

I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Minpunten

The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

ADP Workforce Now

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex offered us everything we were looking for in one package at a very affordable price.
Kanwal
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

Great product

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2020

Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Pluspunten

We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Minpunten

This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om voor Paychex Flex te kiezen

We switched our time entries to Paychex Flex too because Timesheets.com doesn't have a proper tracking system for paid time off.

Timesheets.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Price and everything being under one place
Terri
  • Sector: Rechtspraktijk

Paychex Flex Great for small organizations

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2022

The overall experience has been positive.

Pluspunten

The time tracking feature is helpful to small companies who use the "honor" system as their time tracker

Minpunten

I think the software would benefit by being a little more user friendly

Paycom

Time tracker, benefits

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

Paycom didn't return our requests to learn about their product.
Emmanuel

Good product overall

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019

It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Pluspunten

Recording time is relatively easy.
W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable
Easy to navigate

Minpunten

From a user standpoint, nothing really.

Redenen om voor Paychex Flex te kiezen

This was a decision made by upper management.

Erin
  • Sector: Filantropie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2017

Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Pluspunten

It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions.

Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Minpunten

I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately.

I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Way better services out there for cheaper prices

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2022

Do not rely on them to let you know by hiring an employee in another state, you are subject to any additional state/local taxes outside of income tax and unemployment tax. We didn't know we were required to have disability insurance & paid family leave insurance for hiring an employee in NY. I guess I can't blame Paychex because technically it's not a tax but because we began payroll in NY, it required us to carry it. I'm more mad about the fact that it is optional to withhold a small portion of the employees wages for disability insurance or the employer can cover the whole cost. Paychex just started withholding the max portion from the employee without ever saying a word to us. So 1.) they knew we were subject to it and didn't bother to say anything and 2.) they started an optional withholding from employee checks without ever having us sign off on it. They will be easy to reach when they need something, but very very slow if you need something. They switched our assigned payroll specialist so many times that I don't even know who it is now to let them know we are switching at the end of the quarter.

Pluspunten

The only thing I can say I liked is that they pay the tax and file the required quarterly/annual reports.

Minpunten

Very confusing just to have a rate for an employee. There's multiple areas in the employee file where you can add "compensation" & "earnings & deductions". Compensation is where you can add their rate (if you don't, it will notify you that you're not paying minimum wage). You figure you need to add at least one category of earnings like hourly or salary in order to pay an employee. So I added their hourly rates to compensation then added Hourly to their Earnings along with their rate again. The Hourly specifically states RATE X HOURS. Yet, by having both of these, you'll end up paying the employees twice. No problem right. Reports take kind of long to download, and not easily customizable.

Sheila
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best decision we every made

Beoordeeld op 25-5-2021

They have helped me to ease up my role in the payroll process and they have set us up on five recruitment boards to help us find employees and the whole hiring process is so easy and I don't have to be so hands on through the process.

Pluspunten

The hiring/onboarding piece is amazing.
They set us up in less than 3 days and had us doing our first payroll within a week. They sat with us through the whole payroll process from start to finish to make sure we understood it all.
The Time and attendance piece is awesome and works so well for our staff

Minpunten

There is nothing we don't like about Paychex. It has met our expectations and continues to do so daily.

ADP Workforce Now en Paylocity

Redenen om voor Paychex Flex te kiezen

Paycor's customer service was awful and their program was not conducive to what we need as we continue to grow.

Paycor

Redenen om over te stappen op Paychex Flex

We felt it did a better job of what we needed and wanted our HRIS system to achieve.
Peter

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2017

Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Pluspunten

Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

Minpunten

One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want?

Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

Candace
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018

The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Pluspunten

Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Minpunten

Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

Devon
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

PayChex Flex is not that flexible.

Beoordeeld op 28-5-2020

Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

Pluspunten

When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Minpunten

Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

Amy
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need.

Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018

Pluspunten

Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me.

The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks.

What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Minpunten

The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails.

The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear.

Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

Joshua
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

BIG DECISION

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

Pluspunten

I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

Minpunten

There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.