Homebase

Gratis personeelsplanning, tijdregistratie en meer.

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Shilleah
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

Great Clock In Tracker for Small Businesses

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2020

Overall, we are happy with it! We were using paper time cards for everyone, so this is a huge improvement for us!

Pluspunten

It has a really easy interface for everyone to clock in and out with their passwords when they start and end their shifts. It also allows all our employees to download an app to their phone that will remind them to clock in/out and also will tell them how much they made that day! Love that.

Minpunten

As an administrator it doesn't allow me to schedule a shift for my employees and have them clock in and out for their lunch or breaks. In order to account for lunch break, the only way to do it is to do multiple shifts for that person for the day. That part is kind of annoying, but not a deal breaker. It is also not an easy interface to use templates from previous weeks or rename then. It says you can do it once the schedule is published, but it doesn't direct you to there once you have done so.

Maxwell
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Scheduling & Labor Costing

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

Years of working with Homebase have shown that they constantly improve their product, and make it easier to use with integrations with common applications (via API access).

Pluspunten

Quite honestly, one of the first things I recommend to businesses that want to schedule employees and know their labor costs that are up to the minute.

Minpunten

The one feature that I do wish was available, would be a calendar view that showed the entire department or business, so that it could be displayed on a monitor or web-based application.

When I Work, HotSchedules en MySchedule

Redenen om voor Homebase te kiezen

The integration with Square POS and ease of use made it a reasonable switch. After years of use, I don't know if I would go back.

Overgestapt van

HotSchedules

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

Homebase seemed to offer a solid free version, that makes it easier to implement with a client before showing them the added advantages of a premium plan.
Krystal
  • Sector: Wijn en sterke drank

Similar to others

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2023

Pluspunten

useful, helpful, mostly accurate and user friendly

Minpunten

connectivity issues, password issues etc.

Katja

Convenient & All-in-One Place

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2022

Pluspunten

Homebase combines scheduling, payroll and tax information for each employee and makes onboarding simple.

Minpunten

I haven't experienced any issues with Homebase, as of yet.

Claire

Helpful and Easy Communication

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2020

We switched from Slack because homebase puts scheduling/time-off requests/shift trades all in one place and allows employees to do some of that work on their own. Hooray!

Pluspunten

I love the ease of communication Homebase allows with employees. No need to exchange personal numbers and all of the communication is one place. Also allows employees to clock in and out from their devices which is awesome when your the point of sale is also the clock and out spot. This way, we don't have to interupt the workflow to clock in and out. Also really like how Homebase shows your earnings per shift. No guess work at what your hourly paycheck will be!

Minpunten

My biggest complaint is just that there seems be a lag between the time you check a notification and the time it takes to refresh. So the app will show that I have a new notification when it's actually something I have already checked on. Not a huge deal, but makes me feel like I'm missing something when I'm really not. I could also live without a notification asking if I have clocked out of my shift any time I work past by specified hours. For Example, shift ends at 11:30 but I don't clock out until 11:45 - I get at least one if not 2 text asking if I forgot to clock out.

Cheryl
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Game Changer

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2022

Finally getting up to speed with technology. We had so many issues with our previous time clock provider, I'm so glad we found Homebase!

Pluspunten

Being able to use the software anywhere and have the ability to change the schedule, communicate with staff, find coverage and my staff to always be up to date with what's going on.

Minpunten

Sometimes staff tell me they don't get notifications of schedule change when I post it.

Marcus
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Excellent Scheduling Software for Restaurants/Bars

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2022

This is great way to track hospitality staff for clocking in and out, as well as recording some key data for payroll processing even if you do payroll outside of Homebase.

Pluspunten

This makes scheduling our bar staff extremely easy and helps to track other payroll accounting data like start dates, hours, etc. It also helps to communicate with staff and provides a good source of applicants from a tailored database of hospitality industry applicants.

Minpunten

It could have more features for team communication and collaboration. The dashboard navigation is pretty straightforward but could be improved.

Petar
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Still on free trial, but LOVE the software!

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2022

Pluspunten

I have been looking for software that combines payroll and schedule seamlessly. I love seeing the payroll cost per hour on my schedule!

Minpunten

I haven't found a feature I do not like yet. If I have to be super picky, having a visual of individual teams on the schedule would be great!

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

much easier setup and superior functionality.
Cheena
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Good for manager

Beoordeeld op 19-10-2020

Overall, it is a good mangement tool and have great reporting capabilities.

Pluspunten

I like that schedules are showing in tables that is very organized.

Minpunten

I hope there is a way to put in the hours I need covered by a certain department and it will show if I have holes in the schedule. There is also no way put in bonuses, it is showing I can put tips but I would like to be able to put specific bonus type.

Roxanne
  • Sector: Administratie
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Easy to use but for limited use

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2022

It's been a good experience! I am able to run payroll quick and efficiently for multiple locations. I also have had the best customer service experience with their payroll team!

Pluspunten

This is a great software for small businesses. It makes payroll and reviewing and editing employee timesheets easy. Also the customer service is exceptional!

Minpunten

It can only do so much. It is an extremely simplified payroll software, but assisting employees throughout the onboarding process is not as easy.

Matt
  • Sector: Medische praktijk

Homebase

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2020

When we first launched we had a programming issue where the time clock would crash once a day. The team at Homebase was quick to address the issue and put us in contact with the development team who got us on a beta version of the next release. This fixed our issue and the team at Homebase was responsive and open to feedback as we previewed the upcoming release.

I have had representatives from Homebase reach out to my multiple times for feedback on their products. It is refreshing to see a company openly solicit feedback from their user base in an effort to improve their product. Every interaction I have had with their staff has been positive.

Pluspunten

Homebase has been the perfect time clock system for our business. It was easy to configure and with the entire system web based I can monitor our staffing when I am off site. We use a wall mounted iPad to clock in and out which was less expensive than many physical time clocks.

My staff has enjoyed having access to their Homebase dashboard where they can easily review their punches/total hours.

One of the best features is the ability to specifically define your pay periods. Many systems only offer weekly, biweekly, or monthly with no customization of dates. Homebase allows complete customization for when you would like you pay periods to start and end.

I have also used their hiring tool. It is by far and away the easiest tool I have used to publicly post to multiple job sites at once. It is very straight forward and has been a great resource in helping us in our hiring.

Minpunten

I don't have any cons. It is a quality product and the team at Homebase has been quick to respond to any issues we have had.

Peter
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

Excellent for Restaurants, Hourly Employees

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2020

I've used this as an employee, then as a business owner for about the last 7 years. It's really a no brainer if you need a time tracking tool, and it has been upgraded consistently over the years to add more features. The hiring tool is surprisingly solid as well, and helps to market positions quite well.

Pluspunten

I've used this for so long now it is hard to imagine what I'd do without it. We began using it as a simple time clock, and it has slowly become our go to for hiring, time tracking, time off, and employee messaging. If you have a mostly hourly workforce it is super simple to setup, and as your business grows it has helpful and intuitive tools to make your life easier. Their support in my experience can be a bit disorganized, but they always get the job done and are easy to work with.

Minpunten

Not as helpful for salaried employees as it is for hourly employees in my experience. The lower tiers lack some of the onboarding functionality and digital form filing I'd like it to have, but I think this may have been added recently.

BambooHR

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

Homebase wins handily over BambooHR when it comes to hourly employees, and the value and ease of use it brings to busy workplaces.
William

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Overall good - customer service is disappointing

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2020

Pluspunten

I really value the integration with Square POS that allows me to use the analytical tools within Homebase. It's really helpful for me to be able to see my labor estimates and even the weather (coffee is largely dependent on weather). I value the real-time feedback on my labor costs as well. I also appreciate the flexibility of the timecard programming that allows the real world to happen and for callouts to not totally disrupt my timecards. We LOVE your integration with Gusto that makes my payroll incredibly easy. I came into this position expecting to drop your platform for hotschedules, but I've stuck with it because you integrate really well.

Minpunten

I am currently having problems with your Square POS integration and it's causing me to not enjoy the best parts of your program. Unfortunately your technical support is so backlogged that I get calls late at night when I can't access the program to make a fix.

Fourth Suite

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

It's what we have right now, and its meeting my needs.
Marybeth

Great POS system for a Sports Bar/ Restaurant

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2020

Scheduling is a breeze. I love i can duplicate schedules from weeks or months ago...sure saves time! It is great that I can Blackout dates that no staff can request off. It is great that staff can message each other or let the team know when a shift is available...to switch or cover for another person. I can send out a welcome message to the team when a new employee starts too...super easy to add staff as well!

Pluspunten

It is nice to choose the apps that will work for your type of business. We are a sports bar, and it was perfect for us. It feels so good to not have a bunch of added items you dont use on your POS!!!

Minpunten

It seems to slow up at times, but it resolves quickly.
I don't like that we purchased a tablet and that will be outdated so it no longer is supported or provided updates. The tablet is convenient, easy to use and we use it for training new staff!

Square Point of Sale en Toast POS

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

it was cost effective for what we wanted to do.
Megan

Affordable scheduling software

Beoordeeld op 30-11-2020

I use the scheduling portion the most. Once a time-off request is approved, it will remind you when you go to schedule some to work on their scheduled time off. This eliminates scheduling errors. I can also look at each location quickly if I need to shift employees around if I am shorthanded.

Pluspunten

I like that I am able to link all of my locations within one application. I can easily schedule someone for multiple sites and assign specific duties, send messages, approve or decline time-off, etc.

Minpunten

I do not like that I can't edit someone's information when they take ownership of their account. I have some that forget passwords and not update their personal information like phone numbers and email addresses.

RUN Powered by ADP

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

We had already been using Homebase and it was cheaper.
Crystal

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Manage your schedule from the comfort of your phone.

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2022

Overall this helped the communication throughout the team and allowed me to easily track my schedule and pay. It was super convenient and easy to use. I was skeptical at first when they had me download the app but then I was obsessed. I think every small business should use this software, it will help your team out tremendously.

Pluspunten

My team used Homebase as a scheduling and communication tool. If we needed a day off, there is a setting to where I can request a teammate to switch shifts with me or I can request cover. This made it super convenient if I needed a day off last minute.

As for communicating with my team, this was the best! When sending out a group message, it allows you to message the people who are only scheduled for a specific day. So if you needed to let the team you're running late or that you need someone downstairs to bring up supplies, etc. I wouldn't need to take time to select the specific people I need to inform, it would automatically pull up those people from the schedule. This software not only lets you message the people you are scheduled with but it also allows you to see who is scheduled that day. I enjoyed this feature because it let me know when I was working with my bestie or my not so bestie.

Another tool I loved on Homebase was the income tracker. This software was able to track when I worked and for how long and would provide an estimate on how much money I have made that pay period. It wasn't hard to find either. This helped my anxiety a lot because I knew if I had enough to pay my upcoming bills or if I needed to pick up an extra shift.

Minpunten

There is only one thing that I have to say is a con and I think it's more my managers fault. There is a feature in Homebase that allows you to potentially get a small amount of your paycheck early. Unfortunately every time I tried it never worked, but I am pretty sure it's because my manager was against that feature and enabled it. I think this feature is so awesome for employees especially during this inflation period and living in an expensive city.

David
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Homebase should be a part of every business that has employees.

Beoordeeld op 10-11-2021

Overall, Homebase is a great tool that any business can use and benefit from.

Pluspunten

It's VERY user friendly, makes scheduling extremely easy. Also makes tracking hours and Labor$ easy as well. I also like the option of group messaging which enable s managers to communicate and issues or changes efficiently.

Minpunten

When an employee fills in their "availability" on Homebase, I personally would do away with the option that says "preferred' and replace it with the word "available" The reason:
whenever I copy a schedule to the following week, I can easily accidently schedule employees on days the did not, or weren't able to work, because the system would allow me to schedule them outside their preference. The way I solved this issue was by telling my employees to put in the availability as "unavailable" that way, whenever I would schedule them on days, or hours, they weren't available to work, the system would only then alert me that they can't work those hours!!
With that being said, I don't understand why the "preferred" option is even there! :) I don't care what they prefer, I want to know when they can't work so I know what NOT to schedule them.
you're welcome :)
I have called in the past, twice, and explained my suggestion, but no one seemed to get what I'm talking about, maybe because they're software engineers and not business managers.

Wayne

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A comprehensive, user friendly application that offers must-have features

Beoordeeld op 3-8-2016

This application was offered as part of our new Clover POS system. I began to use it to set up the employee schedules for a small (seven employee plus owners) business. The more I used it, the more impressed I was with it.

It provides every function that a small business like ours needed, taking a very tedious and error prone process and making it easy and transparent to handle. Being able to delegate certain tasks to key employees, auto notices sent for upcoming shifts, notification if someone hasn't clocked in within a set period for their shift, labor rate vs revenue analysis, end of year tax information gathering...and this was all in the free version that came with Clover!

All in all, I am both impressed and pleased with this package. It looks to me like the right team wrote the right code for the right objectives at the right price. How often does that happen in the software world?

Pluspunten

Ease of use, nailed key functions needed, intelligent navigation, visually uncluttered despite having a lot of functionality.

Minpunten

It is not a shortcoming of the software but of non-technical users. The biggest problem I have had is bringing along the technophobes who are used to working with...wait for it...paper calendars and personal journals to keep up with. They yearn to be able to use something so powerful but blanch when they open the home screen and see what is available. It is about as user friendly as can be imagined but some still are so intimidated that it is hard to get them to dig in. When they do, they begin to appreciate the value that is provided.

The key is bringing the shy types along S L O W L Y. This software will sell itself once it is given a fair opportunity to shine. Just grit your teeth and work with them. It's more than worth the effort.

Michael

The Eatery & More

Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

Before, our business was using paper schedules and there would always be problems when it needed to be changed for whatever reason. Homebase has helped us better communicated with one another. People can see their schedule where ever they are and can talk to team-members whenever needed. It has been a great asset to our business.

Pluspunten

I like that my team all have access to the schedule as soon as it comes out. The ability for them to request days off on the app is amazing because I do not have to remember all the days, it comes up while I'm making the schedule. The ability for my team to clock in and out on their phones makes it easy and efficient and the ability to track where they did so is very reassuring. Everyone on the team is also able to message on it which means everyone can be in contact even without everyone sharing their phone numbers. The ability for the team to see who they are working with and in what positions is a great bonus too.

Minpunten

I would love to be able to put on the schedule that we are closed on certain days (for holidays or other reasons) just as a reminder for the team. I would also like an option to remove employees without having to terminate them. In cases with students going back to college but working on breaks or families taking maternity leave, they don't need to notifications from Homebase, but they are still planning on continuing to work later on.

Paden

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Love the APP! Wish you had cheaper monthly subscription options

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

Great! Just wish I could afford pro.

Pluspunten

We love the software. It allows us to schedule, save info, talk to employees, and hire! I would love to have the pro feature but we simply cannot afford over $300 a month just to schedule and speak to employees. I’m a VERY small business and that takes about all the left over money I have at the end of the month.

Minpunten

The price, it also has been glitching ALOT. Most days I can’t see the schedule I created. The app will appear blank as if nothing has been created. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and still experience issues.
The fact you can’t have multiple managers to adjust the schedule SUCKS. I am always signed in under my husbands profile to adjust the schedule. Please fix this. So many company’s would love this new permission set.

Paycom, Square Virtual Terminal en Toast POS

You were free.
Joyce
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

Spectacular service

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2020

Overall my experience is wonderful everyone has been so kind and helpful if you have any questions and they are really concerned about your business and making sure that you have what you need to be better.

Pluspunten

I was looking for something that was easy and convenient to use and most of our employees are contractors and we do not need to track their hours and we do have one employee that we have to pay hourly and this just seemed like the best way to go. It was free to use for what we needed. What could be better than that. Homebase is wonderful and is just what we were looking for. We are a small business and when we grow we of course will use the service more. But it saves me time doing payroll and it is ADP friendly which is another plus .

Minpunten

It was a little confusing at first but after using the features and playing with it a bit I found it to be quite logical so I was able to figure things out with just a little playing around. As i played I thought it to be a wonderful program and I could see what a time saver it could be especially if you have more employees than we do.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Entertainment

Does the job

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2020

Overall the app works well for what it was designed to do, keep track of timesheets. The customer service responds quickly and is very helpful.

Pluspunten

The software does what its' meant to do, keep track of clocking in and out. This helps to supplement the payroll process greatly and is easy to access and use by out employees.

Minpunten

The scheduling function could be better. Our industry a little different, usually the work is project based. It would be nice to be able to schedule multiple people to one project with just a start time. We usually don't know when exactly a show will end, or when everyone will make it back so adding some flexibility would be very helpful. Even just having the ability to schedule multiple employees at the same time instead of having to click each one would be great.

QuickBooks Time

Cost.
Jason

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

More than just employee time tracking

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2021

We started using Homebase for employee time tracking, but there are several features we have started to rely on and are really useful. Mainly posting new jobs on multiple job boards and tracking applicants. Also, this has become our tool for employee communications. I have talked to companies like Paychex that have similar product offerings, but they are much more expensive.

Pluspunten

The core feature we needed was employee time tracking, but we have started using this for team communication and posting new jobs and tracking applicants.

Minpunten

I wish I could easier audit when the manager edits clock ins and clock outs.

Clover

Better price.
Henry

Perfect For Small Crews and Small Businesses

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2021

I came across Homebase after searching for an affordable, user friendly scheduling software that would replace my company's outdated system. It works very well with small handful of employees, and they improve their system over time.

Pluspunten

Homebase works much like an Excel spreadsheet...but easier and minimalistic. There are not as many services out there as one might think, and most of them are meant to organize hundreds of employees. Homebase seems to have been made for smaller businesses and crews, with an interface that is easy to work with.

Minpunten

Printing. Printing the schedule directly from the program was, at first, a nightmare, and the same can be said for sharing the finished schedule with others. Now, however, Homebase has made their integrations more robust ,and there exist more format features.

Ash
  • Sector: Musea en instituten

Amazing Solution for Small Nonprofit

Beoordeeld op 22-7-2020

If it wasn't for the free option, as well as the Clover integration, we would still be manually recording employees' hours. Since we're able to use a digital solution, I'm can pull timesheets and submit payroll from anywhere. As a very small team, my day to day varies drastically — but as long as I have my phone or laptop with me, I never have to worry about accessing employee timecards.

Pluspunten

As a small nonprofit museum, the best part of the software is the availability of a free version. It has all the basic necessities of a digital time clock, plus it is integrated into our Clover register and employees can download the app to clock-in for remote work.

Minpunten

Our pay schedule isn't normal. Instead of being weekly or bi-weekly, we run payroll twice a month (on the 15th and the last day of the month). THANKFULLY, there is an option for this in the settings, but the dates that our payroll periods begin on isn't the same from one month to the next. So, every pay period I have to go into the settings on a web browser and update the start dates. Unfortunately, the only solution that Homebase could provide is a more complex algorithm that would take into account what the last day of the month is, as well as adjusting the date if it falls on a weekend since our payroll company process the pay run on Friday instead of the exact date if that date falls on a Saturday or Sunday.