Homebase

4,6 (1.014)
Schrijf een review!
Gratis personeelsplanning, tijdregistratie en meer.

(1.014)

Marcus
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Excellent Scheduling Software for Restaurants/Bars

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2022

This is great way to track hospitality staff for clocking in and out, as well as recording some key data for payroll processing even if you do payroll outside of Homebase.

Pluspunten

This makes scheduling our bar staff extremely easy and helps to track other payroll accounting data like start dates, hours, etc. It also helps to communicate with staff and provides a good source of applicants from a tailored database of hospitality industry applicants.

Minpunten

It could have more features for team communication and collaboration. The dashboard navigation is pretty straightforward but could be improved.

Claire

Helpful and Easy Communication

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2020

We switched from Slack because homebase puts scheduling/time-off requests/shift trades all in one place and allows employees to do some of that work on their own. Hooray!

Pluspunten

I love the ease of communication Homebase allows with employees. No need to exchange personal numbers and all of the communication is one place. Also allows employees to clock in and out from their devices which is awesome when your the point of sale is also the clock and out spot. This way, we don't have to interupt the workflow to clock in and out. Also really like how Homebase shows your earnings per shift. No guess work at what your hourly paycheck will be!

Minpunten

My biggest complaint is just that there seems be a lag between the time you check a notification and the time it takes to refresh. So the app will show that I have a new notification when it's actually something I have already checked on. Not a huge deal, but makes me feel like I'm missing something when I'm really not. I could also live without a notification asking if I have clocked out of my shift any time I work past by specified hours. For Example, shift ends at 11:30 but I don't clock out until 11:45 - I get at least one if not 2 text asking if I forgot to clock out.

David
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

I've never seen so many bugs....

Beoordeeld op 27-4-2020

Bad,bad,bad. Customer service is responsive but there are just soooo many bugs with this software.

Pluspunten

Very easy to use. The user interface is very simple and easy to navigate.

Minpunten

I feel like this is a beta software that should not have been rolled out yet. We have been using it for a week and have had issues every day since we started using it. Basic things that you think should just work doesn't work.
Example: All my employees have a 1 hour, unpaid lunch everyday. They clock in and clock out on this required one hour lunch but Homebase is still counting it in their total hours. So know I ma getting alerts that they all have overtime but they actually don't because Homebase is not calculating hours correctly.
So there have been several little things (Bugs) that I have found every day since using Homebase. I contact customer support and they tell me that they will pass it on to their product team.
This may sound harsh but the product team really should have tested this software more before rolling it out. Makes me question all the reviews I am seeing on here. All the bugs have been on basic functions.

Antwoord van Homebase

Hi David -

We are so sorry to hear you've been having issues your Homebase account. This is not the experience we want our customers to have. Our head of technical support has just emailed you to see if we can remedy these issues for you. If you have any further issues, please reach out to me directly at [email protected]. Looking forward to getting these issues resolved for you, and so sorry again for all the challenges here.

- Ryan

Bryan
  • Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good options but struggles at times

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2024

Pluspunten

We have used Homebase for our needs for the last 7 years. There are many features that are nice that we use. The timeclock is the main feature that we use as it allows our team members to clock in and out right from their phones. It also give them how many hours they have worked and how much pay they have made.

Minpunten

The message and schedule feature is hard. The Message feature constantly stops working so our team members dont get the notifications. Also trying to schedule for a month at a time is very hard and it could be easier. I have asked that they make it easier but nothing has changed.

Doh

10 years and still my favorite

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2024

Pluspunten

i've been using homebase for at least 10 years, and it is the very best. it's so very user-friendly, and the features are top-notch. i'm a huge fan.

Minpunten

there's nothing i dislike about homebase, and if i did, they listen to their clients and add/improve features regularly.

Brooke
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Very satisfied healthcare manager

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2023

Switching to homebase has made our staff much more efficient.

Switching to homebase has made our staff much more efficient.

Pluspunten

Homebase employee scheduling is very user friendly and adaptable to meet our individual needs.

Minpunten

I wish the PTO tracking was more adaptable.

Andrea
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Great Payroll Software

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2024

Pluspunten

Homebase is very user-freindly and allows you to make corrections or changes easily. The cost is reasonable compared to other payroll software and Homebase pays and files your payroll forms and taxes so it saves you time! It's cloud based so you can be anywhere and do payroll or check employees hours, scheduling, etc. Homebase staff was very helpful when I was setting up.

Minpunten

I have been using Homebase for one month and there are no cons as of yet.

Paychex Flex

Redenen om voor Homebase te kiezen

QuickBooks is not compatible with Mac computers

Overgestapt van

QuickBooks Payroll

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

Homebase was less expensive and I wanted to be hands on with payroll still and Paychex does everything.
Laura
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

Intuitive Software

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2023

Pluspunten

This program is well-designed, intuitive, visually appealing, and easy to use. The support staff are very helpful and friendly. It has also been incredibly beneficial to be able to use our choice of platform (PC, tablet, etc.) for clocking in/out and also using the software on the administrative side.

Minpunten

So far, there is nothing that I dislike about Homebase!

ADP Workforce Now

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

The price point was a huge influence. Aside from that, after watching the walkthrough video on how the program works and how flexible the options were, we decided to give the free trial a shot and plan to continue to use their services even after the trial period ends.
Amanda

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Homebase is the way to go!

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2023

Pluspunten

I love homebase! I can keep track of my schedule, hours,paycheck and all kinds of other things through the app! It's perfect!

Minpunten

The only thing I don't really like is the cash out feature. It uses plaid to link banks and cards but all of the cards I use are not supported.

Isaac
  • Sector: Restaurants

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Homebase excels in what it does!

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2023

Pluspunten

The ease of use for HR Administrators and Managers.

Minpunten

Menu on side doesn't allow to show all available options

Lightspeed Restaurant

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

Free trial allowed to test out all premium features
Matt
  • Sector: Medische praktijk

Homebase

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2020

When we first launched we had a programming issue where the time clock would crash once a day. The team at Homebase was quick to address the issue and put us in contact with the development team who got us on a beta version of the next release. This fixed our issue and the team at Homebase was responsive and open to feedback as we previewed the upcoming release.

I have had representatives from Homebase reach out to my multiple times for feedback on their products. It is refreshing to see a company openly solicit feedback from their user base in an effort to improve their product. Every interaction I have had with their staff has been positive.

Pluspunten

Homebase has been the perfect time clock system for our business. It was easy to configure and with the entire system web based I can monitor our staffing when I am off site. We use a wall mounted iPad to clock in and out which was less expensive than many physical time clocks.

My staff has enjoyed having access to their Homebase dashboard where they can easily review their punches/total hours.

One of the best features is the ability to specifically define your pay periods. Many systems only offer weekly, biweekly, or monthly with no customization of dates. Homebase allows complete customization for when you would like you pay periods to start and end.

I have also used their hiring tool. It is by far and away the easiest tool I have used to publicly post to multiple job sites at once. It is very straight forward and has been a great resource in helping us in our hiring.

Minpunten

I don't have any cons. It is a quality product and the team at Homebase has been quick to respond to any issues we have had.

Michael
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best virtual timeclock for your money

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

Overall, my experience has been great with Homebase. Coming from manual punch clock, I've cut down my payroll process by at least 80%. It is easy to use (original software version is easy, new version is a little too messy so I haven't switched to the new view.) I still enter hours manually into QBO, because Homebase doesn't split regular and overtime hours. Not a big deal.

*A couple wishes*

1. I wish there to be a button when employees punch out that says "Did you take a lunch break?" (Yes or No) Reason for this feature - I don't make our employees go to the iPad at lunch to "Take a break" when it's lunch time. I would have a line up of workers waiting to punch in and out because our entire company shuts down all at once for lunch. That way, when some employees DO work through their lunch break, they can just say "No" to the question "Did you take a lunch break" when they clock out at the end of the day. Currently, everyday I log into Homebase and manually add each employee's lunch break, except if they leave me a note saying "No Lunch".

2. It would be great if time card notes for a whole current pay period could be amalgamated into one document as I am processing payroll. I currently have to dig through each time card to find notes of employees asking for vacay pay, sick days, mileage etc. If I just had a list of all the notes and names for that weeks pay, I can check off each note as I add their request into QBO.

Overall, I am still very happy with Homebase.

Pluspunten

What I like most about Homebase is that it doesn't break the bank to put in a virtual timeclock system. It integrates with Quickbooks online and it is easy to use.

Minpunten

1. It does allow for a little customization, but not advanced enough for the way I run payroll.
2. It does not send separate regular hours and overtime hours to QBO.

Timesheets.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

100% for the price difference. Timesheets is so overpriced. Thank you for providing your software for such a reasonable amount of money. It makes a huge difference during this pandemic.
Allison

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Fairly good for scheduling, could use some work

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2021

We are utilizing the HR function. It is nice to be able to send in questions and get responses from HR professionals. The help desk is responsive and usually helpful

Pluspunten

Being able to create a base schedule of open shifts as a template is nice. You apply the template to the week, and then you can drag and drop the shifts onto employees. You must use a computer for this to work. The auto-scheduling feature can give you a good starting point but has flaws that make it impossible to publish a schedule using only auto-scheduling.

Minpunten

I would like more categories than owner, manager, employee. With more options of who can see what information. Auto schedule feature needs improvement to not schedule people on doubles and multiple locations at the same time. They've made a number of improvements over the years, but I sometimes think they are trying to add too many new features when they need to perfect the features already available first.

Grace
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Easy to manage staff

Beoordeeld op 20-2-2020

instead of emailing we started using this app to manage schedules (which were done on paper before!) and to send messages to staff, like hey team i'm going to be late this morning, or on Friday we can wear jeans to work! It has made our team much more cohesive and together. now we all know what is going on!

Pluspunten

Most of our staff is young and are on their phones all the time anyways. This app made scheduling a breeze with requests to switch shifts and time off easy to fill and move around hours. Plus there was no more second guessing what time you were scheduled for or who is off. Also you have the ability to message staff through the app which has made interoffice communication much better!

Minpunten

The free version only allows 1 manager- I recommend upgrading and letting a manager from every department be able to manage their employees coverage. otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming for 1 manager. Occasionally the app will not let me in asking me to enter a verification code, that is a bit annoying.

UKG Ready

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

the free trial is what worked well for us, that way we could try it our before we invested to much time into it
Kaitlynn
  • Sector: Restaurants

The Features I Need for Free

Pluspunten

I get to schedule employees and they get to see it on their phones, check schedules, ask for time off, trade shifts, and get reminded to come to work an hour before their shift starts! I can change timecards on the back end if I need to, see how many hours I have scheduled, and estimate what payroll will be. It's easy to clock in and out in the app and Homebase keeps up with the times for pertinent questions to ask when they clock in.

Minpunten

Trying to shedule a shift from the app will make the schedule go off. You put in one time and then it changes it 2 hours for some reason, not a big deal, it usually schedule from my laptop anyway.

7shifts

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

It had the features that I needed; multiple shifts per day and changing timecards for free!
Danielle
  • Sector: E-learning
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

We Love Homebase

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2020

Overall. we love Homebase. It has made so many of our processes easier and streamlined. With a few tweaks, it could be even more amazing. The great thing is the company is open to feedback and often test and release new product features.

Pluspunten

My team was using spreadsheets to schedule and to complete payroll before Homebase. What a manual nightmare. There were always so many mistakes and issues. Once we moved to Homebase, it instantly made things better.

My contractors were able to see their schedules instantly and at any time they needed it. The reminders an hour before their schedule help them to be on time for their shift. So we have fewer tardies. They can also check their payroll amount at any time during the month instead of having to wait until the end of the month when I am able to calculate it. They have also made schedule swaps easy.

It has helped my person who does the scheduling tremendously. It has helped her to be able to get our schedule done in a much faster and efficient way.

It has helped me complete payroll in a fast, easy effective way.

Minpunten

There are sometimes glitches, especially with the app. They are overall minor but can be a pain. For example, sometimes when there is a swap made on the app, it will show a notification, but when you go into the app it doesn't show the swap. Good thing we keep up with them in a chat or we would have no idea who was trying to swap.

Also, it is mostly geared towards companies with employees, this could be great if there could be modifications for people who have contractors and do not have to abide by the same restrictions, such as 8-hour shifts, working days consecutively, etc.

Earl
  • Sector: Entertainment
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Great Scheduling Software for businesses of all sizes

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2024

Overall we love homebase. We started out using it as a test with just 1 location now we use it for 9 different businesses. Some of them have office staff, some remote/traveling staff that use GPS on app clock in/clock out and some have staff that clock in when they get to work using on location computers. It couldn't be quicker to set up and get started and the fact that you have a forever schedule history is an awesome feature. Plus depending on the features you need - you can try it out for free (as in free free - their starting price point is zero)

Pluspunten

Simple interface, quick timesheet edits and complete edit/history tracking for all changes made to anything in their system.

Minpunten

The applicant tracking and job posting system is terrible. No app integration, mixed up listings if you have multiple businesses with different names, only one landing page listing jobs for all your locations combined...the list goes on. Skip this unless you are only one location or all of your businesses share the same brand/name.

Bobbie
  • Sector: Medische praktijk

FREE Scheduling / Messaging

Beoordeeld op 28-11-2023

Have been blessed with the ability to utilize a free app that allows me to schedule crew members & allows them to message each other if schedules need to change. Our volunteer ambulance agency also frequently holds training for other departments, meaning that I can add crew members/roles while I have students & then can remove them once classes are completed. Other apps that I have used had caps on the number of persons allowed to be added & even after deleting a person they still counted on the total number, meaning I couldn't add anybody else.

Pluspunten

Allows volunteer ambulance team members to communicate & monitor schedule on the go. If an emergency happens we can communicate with each other remotely.

Minpunten

Messages are at times delayed. I don't "blame" Homebase due to the quality of our cell service in our area has been poor the past few months.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Sector: Internet
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great system for employee time tracking.

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2019

Great experience! US-based representative whom were very kind, understanding and WILLING AND READY to resolve any and all issues when I needed to call to resolve the only issue I’ve ever had.

Pluspunten

Homebase is extremely easy to set up employee time clock which happens to be free if your business has a single location and with a single location you may set it up for unlimited employees. For a small business owner where every dollar and cent matters, it’s a no brainer. A business owner may assign or allow the employee to set up their clock in and out code. Also, it may be set to take a photo of the employee during the clock in and out sessions to help or eliminate other employees from clocking in and out for them. Homebase offers an iPad, iPhone and an android app. You may also use your device's browser. We downloaded the app, installed it on an iPad for our employees to clock in and out on. The administrator has 100% access via web browser login. There’s also a feature which allows employees to clock in and out in the field which would geo-tag the location of the clocking activities.

Minpunten

Not a lot a negative things to say. This software is best if you have multiple employees who may have a staggered schedule. Example: an employee opens, then you have a mid day shift, then a closer. You also have many employees that may be out in the field. geo-tag is not the best choice for a single entrepreneur who’s trying to track their time, set up easier ways to do so.

Dawn
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Great for Critial Access Hospital

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2020

It was really easy to set up, and its really easy to customize. I am still fine tuning things, but I can't believe how much time I save by using Homebase. We use it for a small rural hospital, and the nurses always have access to their schedules, can switch shifts and the touch of a button. I can't say enough about the support staff, they are always easy to deal with and follow up to make sure the issue was settled. The software is always being upgraded, and I love the new feature where I can see when they requested the shift and when it was approved. I can show the staff the information, and they can't argue that they didn't know they had that shift. So many great features.

Pluspunten

The software is very easy to use, very easy to customize. I always have our schedule in my hand because it's on my phone. I'm able to most everything on my phone that I can do on my laptop. New staff have no difficulty navigating through the functions. Has made my life so much better

Minpunten

In the beginning there were some little kinks that I had to figure out, like some functions I can't see on the monthly view that I can see on the weekly view, but any questions I had were found on the help tab or my chatting with Homebase staff.

Jordan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Good

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2020

Easy to use. A bit slow when loading some pages, such as the applications page. Some parts don’t work as well as they should.

Pluspunten

I like that I can easily see and adjust people’s schedules. I like that they get notifications that their shift is coming up. The push to my calendar is also a plus. Onboarding is simple. It’s well thought out.

Minpunten

I’d like to be able to write mock schedules. I know Homebase integrates with some POS, but it doesn’t with mine. It would also be great if there was discount for multiple stores under the same account. Adding photos to a message sometimes does not work. Could we get the ability to have a separate message stream even if it’s to the same group of people?

Deputy, QuickBooks Enterprise en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Homebase

Free version. Then I was hooked.
Angela
  • Sector: Automotive

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

One of the best software tools out there for small businesses

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2021

Scheduling, Clock in and outs, communication with employees, hiring - I use Homebase for all these features. I've made a couple of suggestions along the way and their customer support is superior. I feel heart or they find a solution for me that I didn't think of. Hands down, this is one of the best software decisions I've made for my company.

Pluspunten

The scheduling feature and time clock were the two most important features in implementing this software. But since then, the Hiring feature has become so valuable. Honestly every feature they offer is superb and what a great value.

Minpunten

Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Paden
  • Sector: Horeca

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Love the APP! Wish you had cheaper monthly subscription options

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2021

Great! Just wish I could afford pro.

Great! Just wish I could afford pro.

Pluspunten

We love the software. It allows us to schedule, save info, talk to employees, and hire! I would love to have the pro feature but we simply cannot afford over $300 a month just to schedule and speak to employees. I’m a VERY small business and that takes about all the left over money I have at the end of the month.

Minpunten

The price, it also has been glitching ALOT. Most days I can’t see the schedule I created. The app will appear blank as if nothing has been created. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and still experience issues.
The fact you can’t have multiple managers to adjust the schedule SUCKS. I am always signed in under my husbands profile to adjust the schedule. Please fix this. So many company’s would love this new permission set.

Paycom en Toast POS

You were free.
Anthony

Great Scheduler and Time tracker

Pluspunten

I use the free version and the functions and customer support are excellent. I have called them several times and they always answer and always solve the problem. For free you cannot get much better.

Minpunten

The free version lacks a few features I would like to use, such as time card saving and managing how far before the shift an employee can log in. The problem I have is the paid plans are too expensive. The pricing goes from zero to expensive to very expensive. There is no mid tier pricing for someone like me that wants a few extra features.

QuickBooks Time

Redenen om voor Homebase te kiezen

Needed a scheduler and more features.

Cost
Daniel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Multitool for time and attendance

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2020

I am an early adopter and have watched the software development from version 1. It has grown quite a bit and I have referred 15-20 other businesses. Though they never mention me for a referral bonus.

Pluspunten

I love the scheduling and time and attendance features. I like the flexibility and the abilities of my team to control their own schedule and time off.

Minpunten

I dislike that the only feature I require from the next tier (+$20 per month) is different job codes so I just don't use it. I renegotiate payrate and time to achieve payrate differential for alternate job descriptions. It it was a weekly issue, I would switch products... that's how serious of a flaw it it.

Also, Shift Ratings are a good idea but the functionality to retrieve their comments is clunky and I only remember to search it out once a month. It just makes it a throw away feature.