talech

3,9 (333)
Schrijf een review!
POS-software voor de iPad : restaurants, winkels en dienstverlenende bedrijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Ginny
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Pluspunten

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Minpunten

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

Antwoord van talech

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

John

Excellent Platform, Easily Manageable

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2016

We have been using Talech for about 2 years now to run our Tasting Room attached to our brewery's production area. The overall experience has been very positive, and the platform is excellent for managing the menu list, structure, and for culling information for reporting from a distance.

I myself (the primary managing owner) operate the platform from Omaha, NE. My business is in Washington State, some 1600 miles away. And the ease of use of Talech, the customizability, and the adaptability of the team running the program from the Talech side are splendid.

The only real issues we've had tend to be more related to the specific processor used (we use Elavon), or the local internet connectability.

The reporting available in the system is very powerful, and new little tweaks are coming out on a constant basis to improve the utility of the system for the needs of the small business owner.

Talech support is also available 24/7 on the phone, which is very helpful for businesses like mine that are open late into the evening.

If you have any questions, please let me know - I have now ample experience with the system and would be happy to discuss its qualities.

Pluspunten

Flexible, easy to understand, intuitive, easy to modify, easy to pull reports, manageable from a distance, continuously improving and updating.

Minpunten

Inability to have a common pool of inventory for different categories to pull from with respect to inventory management; new beta interfaces have splendid reporting capacity but need to become the standard rather than the tested exception.

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for writing such a nice, detailed review, John. We're so glad that talech is working so well for you and your business. I have passed along your feedback, especially regarding inventory management, with the product team. We really appreciate feedback like that! Please continue to share - we love to hear from you!

mark

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Talech Stealing Money Because they Were not Processing Credit Cards Properly

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2022

Good until recently... Now critically terrible They were preauthorizing credit cards.... but when the tab was closed,,, their software could not do so because of card information corrupted (although the software states they are pre-authorized).
This resulted in over $500 in tabs that cant be closed... not even by Talech themselves... So, they blamed everyone, including my internet provider, the credit card bank etc. They are unable to resolve... In summary, there was $500+ dollars of free beer credit card customers drank at our expense!!! We had to switch (otherwise we would have continued to lose money) and Talech will not even refund our monthly charges to help offset their error. Not only is this bad service... but stealing!!!

Every Talech user must be aware of this and RUN!!!

Also associated with this was a company called AVANT GARD... if you are dealing with these people also be aware,,,

Pluspunten

The POS software works in most cases. The reporting is ok as well. Don't have experience with others besides square... but seems to work... However the majority of this software is to successfully collect money for exchange of products.... this is where it fails!!!!

Minpunten

Customer service to resolve critical issues with mis-handling credit card information, not admitting a problem and even accusing everyone else for our loss of money.

Norma

Cheapseats need to approve

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Hi I love the software its ease of use there are only 2 issues I have #1 that employees can delete and avoid easily and shouldn't be able to so lets say they put the order in they can slide the item over and delete/void with pass code employees shouldn't be able to delete/void ever unless they have the owners pass code..when we cant run credit cards its takes forever for your company to fix it you need a back up system ....Sat Oct 30 your system was down for like 3 hours ouch that hurts my restaurant :( get generator or something. I got to say your employees are GREAT!!! I BOW TO THEM they are nice, courteous on top of everything. So, so understanding I got to admit I have called maybe twice and I was a poop :( but your employees handle it well your are lucky to have such an awesome crew keep it up. I worked in customer escalation dept so I know how it is your bless I love you folks .... thank you for asking for my feedback I appreciate. Have a great day.

Pluspunten

The ease of it so easy to use and understand.

Minpunten

It allows anyone to delete/void a product if the slide the item over so I know I have gotten lost dollars for it the system needs to require the owner pass code for this to avoid employees stealing from me.

Antwoord van talech

Thank you for the review and feedback, Norma. We're glad to hear that you love the software. Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you've had - I've passed along your feedback to the team so we can continue to improve. Please continue to share with us - we love hearing from you!

Brad

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Good product for the price

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2019

Pluspunten

I like how easy it is to customize the interface of the iPad app. I can easily color coordinate sections and subsections, rearrange everything to fit our needs. I also love the online ordering system, we take on average a dozen online orders a day. There are of course things I wish we could change about the system, but overall, it does the job, and does it well!

Minpunten

Not a fan of the online ordering setup. If I wish to have a product hidden on our online store, it also hides it on our iPad, which does not work too well. The program is also very laggy when you first try to login, takes 5 seconds or so every time - just freezes. Also, if someone tries to tip us with a custom tip amount, sometimes the text box covers up the amount section - and we've had people almost tip us $2,000 multiple times - the box needs to be moved.

Overwogen alternatieven

Square Point of Sale

Redenen om over te stappen op talech

Because we knew one of the sales reps.
Tarek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

be aware of the billing department

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

software is ok but very mad with the Billing department if they owe you money, you have to suffer before you get it plus you have to be so mean for them to listen.

Pluspunten

the ease of use and the features the software offer. plus you don't need to give away the credit card processing service.

Minpunten

credit cards integration and online double charges

Beth

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

The 3 Weird Sisters

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2016

I feel overall the customer service is lacking. When a recording says "we are sorry for the long hold", that tells me you are not only aware of the problem but doing little to fix it. I have to schedule a call to get simple answers asked to be told they will have to look into and get back to me. I am usually not available to receive that call when and if it comes because I'm either not at work, driving or at home with my children at that point. It takes far too long to get simple issues resolved with this company . customer service has improved since I first started with them by way of polite people getting questions answered seems to take three times as long now. and when I do get a wrap to walk me through and show me what I need to do it often doesn't work like it should even after they've checked all the settings and they have to go back to the design and again no resolution on my end

The cloud storage

Minpunten

Can not reach help when needed and I feel like I get a runaround

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Beth. I am sorry to hear that support has been difficult to reach and that the hold times have been so long. I've passed along your feedback to the support team so they can continue to work make improvements. Thanks for being candid and letting us know.

Railan
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

Talech POS System for a Retail Store

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2022

Pluspunten

Talech is very adaptable to a retail store in sales transactions, inventory tracking and management, and accounting reports. It is very quick and easy to speak with a Customer Service Agent should you need it, and the Team is very proactive in assisting.

Minpunten

There are features within inventory management that could be added to improve inventory tracking and management. For example, when performing an EOY inventory count, it would be very helpful to be able to freeze inventory numbers and then unfreeze them to update the quantities. Currently, to update inventory numbers, a stock take must be done which is a lengthy task if a business has more than 2,000 products. A second feature is to have the ability to manipulate employee access to certain information within the software including inventory updates, and sales reports. You can lock employees out of these things, but when done also locks them out of key features they need to perform their other tasks.

Kerri
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Great system, horrendous customer service!

Beoordeeld op 25-8-2018

Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Rest assure, no business referrals will ever come from us!

Pluspunten

We purchased a complete Talech POS system for one of our 2 locations, so that we could get set up before launching the 2nd store.
I did a lot of research and we ultimately settled on Talech because we wanted to keep our credit card processor, and the rep recommended Talech.
Service before the sale was stellar.
The system arrived and we couldn’t set up, the printer didn’t ship. A half dozen people were pointing fingers at one another via email and copying me “the customer” in on it, highly unprofessional and unproductive. At one point in time they demanded that I got the printer but must have thrown it away with the packaging. It wasn’t even on the packing list!
Long story short, the printer was on backorder. Wow.
However, that didn’t stop Talech from charging us for our 1st month even though we couldn’t set up.
We were very reluctant to get the 2nd system but we already had time and training invested in our employees. Otherwise, a big fat juicy “NAY NAY STAY AWAY.”
Also, the only weekend support available is for tech support. No customer service or sales support on the weekends.
Uhmmmm.... the users of your equipment are restaurants and retailers. Kind of absurd. Especially since they boast about 24/7 support. Well, sorta....

Minpunten

Love the software. Perfect for our business. Easy to set up and use.

David
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

Talech register using iPad

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2019

I am only using the system as a register as my inventory is too extensive and would take months to years to add all the inventory. It wars fine for retail and wholesale transactions without any problems.

Pluspunten

Easy to use and program. Keeps track of inventory, able to use with Wi-Fi. Keeps track of Payouts for inventory paid for by Cash as well as payouts for tips. Excellent choice for a small or start up business to program for products and inventory.

Minpunten

The problem with Talech is the Balancing area. When doing a close out for the day there is no way to correct any mistakes it's a final once you press the reconcile button and no way to correct it on the system. You might have miscounted or not entered something for the day but can't reconcile.

Annette
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

POS that works but could be better

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2023

Sales are processed more quickly and customers are happier.

Sales are processed more quickly and customers are happier.

Pluspunten

My customers are happier. They get a receipt that works well with the rebate program from my supplier. We can review their previous purchases and determine if they already bought something they need. This will also be useful when they come in for their early buy sale purchases. It is nice to be able to email receipts.I can quickly review sales and inventory for what needs to be ordered.

Minpunten

It was shipped to me but not linked to my account so nothing worked for about 2 weeks. Hours spent on the phone with on the onboarding specialist assigned to me. They say it is 24 hr support but not for start up/onboarding. They work M-F 9-5. It is best to stick with the onboarding specialist assigned as they are most familiar with you but mine was in the Central Time zone so nothing was ever addressed until 10:30 AM EST (1.5) hours after opening I had great difficulty getting the inventory load but onboarding was very helpful. The fact the sales reports don’t capture debit cards properly is really frustrating as I had hoped it would save time and make tracking easier.The scanner never worked and has been returned because they finally admitted/determined it was a programming issue that was not going to get resolved any time soon. Inventory does not always track properly - not sure how that happens. Sometimes you get a call back for help, not always the 24/7.

Brian
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Talech Review

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Overall, I think that my Talech experience is positive. Unfortunately, we have had some really bad issues recently and that has effectively lowered my overall ratings. There has been several processing outages in the past few months, more now than the past 12-18 months. We lost some sales recently because Elavon went down for several hours and we could not process credit card transactions which is the majority of our business. We have 2 stores operating Talech and there is no business connection between stores to transfer inventory, recognize sales transactions or perform returns across multiple stores. Elavon is not the best database for capturing customer sales transactions because you can't use the data for marketing or other purposes as far as I know. I feel that the upgrades are just dumped upon the users without a whole lot of information behind what is new or has changed. There is no step-by-step business process for each and every type of potential transaction, so training is on the job.

Minpunten

Updates are a surprise and we are not well informed about the changes

Antwoord van talech

We appreciate hearing from you, Brian. We are sorry to hear that you have not happy with the product recently. A member of our product team has reached out via email and phone to set up a time to chat and learn more about your business needs and how talech could work better for you. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to chat and help.

Randy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Potentially good system that misses the mark

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

I was given a great presentation for the Talech system and purchased it. After purchasing it I had to install it myself, I figured it would be easy. No... It took eight hours just to get the thing running, then another 3 weeks with an onsite IT tech everyday to get it to work. Worst nightmare ever. System constantly crashed. Printer errors. Anytime there was an update the app would fail. That's just the install. My other great issue is functionality. The app must be more user programamble. There are so many minor tweaks that need to be changed to make it run faster that they don't listen too. This system is not for a quick serve busy restaurant, more like a mom and pop flower shop. Even when I call with a major complaint the the app doubling the taxes. They say we can't fix that. Are you kidding me. It's illegal. Customer support is great if you ever get around to talking to someone. When there system crashes about twice a month and you call their 800 number. They tell you they will call you back because they are experiencing a high volume of calls. I wonder why? Their devices disconnect with the credit card readers constantly as well. The only good thing about the system is the ipads, but the app doesn't work well on them, go figure. If you need a a system for a fast paced business, DO NOT BUY THIS ONE

It turns on

Name it

Antwoord van talech

Randy, thank you for the review and candid feedback here and on the phone. It was very helpful to learn more about what's been challenging and how talech can be better for you and your business. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. Thank you for being a customer.

missy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Talech Software Review

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2016

We have been using Talech for over a year now and it's been overall a good experience. There are some things I would like to be different but overall it has been a good experience.

Minpunten

I don't like the credit card reader- too difficult for customers to read- tiny print and customers don't know where to slide the card and if it should be up or down. Software isn't the best for tracking inventory- you have to export products to excel to get the cost of inventory- should be more accessible. Price tags are hard to read (we like the big font/numbers)- we have customers complain daily that they can't see the price. Wish that it would remember customers email addresses like Square so that they don't have to enter it each time.

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Missy. We'd love to hear more about what could be different and work better for you. Would you be willing to chat more about what could help your business?

Jeff

Gets better every month

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive.

I run multi stores and the registers...

Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive.

I run multi stores and the registers have been doable, but not impressive. There needs to be communication between each store on every customer added to the database. For example, if I add Joe's info in one store and he goes to another, he has to add his info in again. If there is a credit on his account, it is only use able at one store.
I really appreciate being able to check all my numbers from home and upload new product, but without the ipad, I am unable to see how the menu actually looks in the store. It would be nice to be able to pull up the menu and adjust it on the computer instead of having to do it at each store (I don't have an ipad at home to pull up the stores).
Talent does a great job at customer service and continually updating their product. I am satisfied with this product and am confident it will continue to improve.

Continually getting better

Minpunten

Multi store use and options

Antwoord van talech

Thank you for being a customer and sharing your feedback, Jeff. I have shared your feedback regarding multi-store functionality. If there is anything else that we can do to help your business, please let us know. We're here to help!

Katie

Mixed Satisfaction

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

The updates kill me. We are a bunch of older women running a non-profit store. For the most part, we catch on. But just as we're learning the system, an update hits and everything goes crazy for a while. Mistakes are made that we can't "unmake" and there is no going back once you "close the shift" and happen to do it wrong. For us, there should be a "double check" or "are you sure" option involved. But we hope our bookkeeper can sort it out well enough to figure out our taxes. There is zero notification that an update is coming and we've been caught off guard several times. Candidly, I have two sons that are of GREAT assistance to us older folk who are slightly intimidated by unscheduled updates.

Pluspunten

I do like the ease of use - once learned.

Minpunten

It's probably an amazing system for younglings, but not so amazing to wrangle once you get older and are not used to the application.

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Katie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Beth
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

I am sad to leave this review but it is the truth

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2016

After fighting tooth & nail for several months to get a general yearly tax report and all the other reporting issues I am sad to say not all of the issues have been resolved. Customer service varies depending on the person, some are great and some have very little patience for an angry customer. I would like these issues to change.

Pluspunten

I love some of the reports provided. I like how the customer details work.

Minpunten

I am un happy with the insights reports, they have NEVER been accurate and I have reported this SEVERAL times. I am unhappy with being treated like I am asking for something I should not when it is something everyone would need for tax purposes. I am unhappy with the inventory management, I would like date as to when inventory originally came in and when additional stock was added.

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for taking the time to speak, Beth. We appreciate you sharing more about your business needs and what improvements that would help talech work better for you. Please continue to share feedback - we love to hear from you!

Roger

Very good program

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Works well and new features are added frequently. The interface with the credit card reader is sometimes an issue, and I am not sure if that is a ipad issue, the reader issue or and issue with Talech. Periodically the program will not connect to the card reader or gets stuck in a loop. Having to back out of the charge and sometimes the program itself and restart it. That usually clears up the issue. It would be great if this bug could be addressed as when you are busy it adds stress to the day. Customer service has always been very helpful.

Pluspunten

Ease of programming and ease of use

Minpunten

No gift card availabilty and the previously mentioned credit card issue.

Antwoord van talech

Roger, thanks so much for the review and feedback. I have passed along your recent challenges with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us. We love hearing from you!

Audrey

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Needs work

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

The system needs some work. The interface is easy to navigate if you have a basic knowledge of computers. However it frequently crashes because of the numerous updates it seems to require, getting someone on the phone with knowledgeable help is frustrating, and your limited to what you can do on the app as well as the card reader that will go with the tablet. I'd also like to be able to do more of the things I can do on the tablet in the online version.
I would recommend this system if your hard wired into your internet.

Ease of use.

Minpunten

Limitations and constant upgrades that really don't seem to do anything. Also updates that change things without being made aware of first.

Antwoord van talech

Thank you for the review and honest feedback, Audrey. We are sorry to hear that you've been frustrated with the product and crashes. I've shared your feedback with the team. We'd love to chat with you more in detail if you are willing. Please let us know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a talech customer.

Richard
  • Sector: Wijn en sterke drank

Caret Cellars Uses talech

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2016

Overall a very good POS system with some excellent analytics built-in. A little heavily oriented to the food service industry which puts in some unnecessary steps for others, e.g., cash drawer management function. Wish analytics - as good as they are - were customizable. Like the new Dashboard feature, though.

Pluspunten

Rather straight forward. Takes little training to get someone ready to use it. But still has some sophisticated capabilities.

Minpunten

Cost. Nice if it ran on other than iOS. Contributes to cost concerns. Heavy orientation toward food service industry. Wish features were a little more customizable to other industries. (We use it in a winery tasting room.)

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a candid review, Richard! I've passed along your feedback to the product team so they know what would help talech work better for your business. Please continue to share with us! We love hearing from you and are here to help.

Nicholas
  • Sector: Horeca

Excellent Software and Service

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Switched from another system that gave us so many problems. What a difference! Talech is intuitive and easy to use. Every system has its technical issues. The technical issues we have experienced with Talech are minimal, and actually get fixed over time! Technical support is also second to none! I get a person on the phone within a reasonable amount of time, day or night; and they can actually adequately assess, explain or fix my issue. Extremely satisfied! I would definitely recommend, and have done so!!

Intuitive, easy to use
Minimal technical issues
Great technical support

Minpunten

Latest update is good, but a little "clunky". Imagine things will get straightened out over time.

Antwoord van talech

Nicholas, thank you so much for being a talech customer and for recommending us to others. We're so happy to hear you are pleased with our product and our customer service! Please continue to share any feedback with us...like with the new app. We appreciate hearing from you.

Randy

Just missed the mark

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019

Overall my experience is poor. I was sold on this program, that it would do everything I needed for my business. It did not live up to its end.

Pluspunten

Once you have figured out how to use the software it is fairly easy to use and you can customize it to your specific needs

Minpunten

Where to begin. The software is horrible. Every time there is an upgrade something goes wrong. Be it a printer malfunctioning or part of the program not working properly. I spend hours with customer service to get nowhere. They must constantly send out patches for the problems they create.

Sandy

Simply awesome!

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

The talech cash register has made a huge difference for our business! There are so many features we love about this product! We purchased for two of our businesses! The customer support is the best I've ever dealt with in my 34 years of doing business! Love it!

Pluspunten

Ease in entering new products. Search functionality.

Minpunten

Would like to be able to change wages for employee to something other than hourly.

Antwoord van talech

Thanks so much for being a customer and writing a review, Sandy. We're so happy to hear that things have been going well for you and customer support has been a delight. Thanks for the feedback on employee wage needs. I've gone ahead and shared this with the product team. Please keep sharing - we love to hear from you!

Camille

User Friendly POS always making improvements

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2016

Talech is simple to setup and use; even for first timers. I would recommend it to others.
So far...

So far the only negative I have experienced had to do with merging info into QuickBooks; was told by one customer service rep, I would have to purchase the QB software, and another customer service rep advised me it would only work with online version of QB. Did the online QuickBooks through my CPA only to find it will not merge. Super frustrating, as I was hoping to eliminate the time spent inputting daily sales info into Quickbooks

Antwoord van talech

Thanks for writing a review, Camille. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you! Thanks for being a customer.

Greg

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

This system is easy to use, however, it needs high-speed internet and newest version of iPad.

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2017

Pluspunten

This system can be easy applied on iPad, touch screen is easy to use, data analysis function is useful. It also has working time recording function for employees to record their shift and also easy to tracking. We use this system on daily bases, so the end-of-day report is an outstanding point.

Minpunten

this system only works on small business, or the business which do not have large volume of products. If the business do have large volume of products, then it will take a while to find out the product that you are looking for every time.