talech

POS-software voor de iPad : restaurants, winkels en dienstverlenende bedrijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Jeannette
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

Great product overall

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2016

Pleasant and professional staff, which is what won us over when we first decided on the program. Love that everything is cloud-based and also can be accessed from anywhere. Menus are easy to create and modify. Great overall functionality but a few improvements could be made - offering partial refunds, for example. Also, would appreciate more prompt and regular auto-batching (we have ours set up but numerous times, it stopped working and we found out the hard way when payments weren't deposited for days; also, despite the confirmation that the setting is correct, we still have to manually auto-batch daily but we're glad to do so to ensure payment). Also, not completely sure if they are exclusive to a certain merchant service provider but at the time, in order for us to use the program, we had to go forward with that one merchant service and also had to purchase all the equipment (printer, iPad stand, etc.) we did not have a need for. In addition, being tied to that merchant also meant being tied to those fees at the rates they wanted. As far as the program itself, we find that it meets our needs, is user-friendly, offers the analytics tools we like, and is offered at a reasonable rate, especially compared to some of its competitors. We do recommend it to others. Good luck!

Please refer to review.

Please refer to review.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for being a customer and writing such a detailed review! I've shared your feedback regarding the partial refunds, auto-batching, and hardware with the product team. Please continue to share with us - we love to hear from you!

Kari

Talech Pros and Cons

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Talech has been a good transformation from old style cash registers for our business. I think it would do Talech good to look into what reastaurants actually need for the system to really be an asset to us. While I like Talech its ease of set up for my business was very complicated and Talech support nor boomtown could really help with what I needed. I was able to figure it out but it was a long process. I have been able to help another pizzeria more streamline there system do it works better for their needs. Both Talech support and boomtown are great, they are always trying to help and most times they can this was just a new area for them. I have never had anything but an exceptional experience from either customer support. I do love the fact that Talech does listen to customer feedback and is continually improving their product.

Pluspunten

It's easy to see my monthly/weekly/daily sales
The ability to print which catafories you want in the kitchen
It's ease of use and ability to train new employees on

Minpunten

it doesn't have the functionality for a pizza reststaurant.
No delivery option
Don't have the ability to add store credit without doing a refund.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Kari - thank you so much for being a customer and writing a review with such detailed feedback. We love hearing from customers like you! I have shared your feedback with the team so we can continue to make improvements to help you and your business. Please keep it coming!

James
  • Sector: Sport

Overall pretty decent

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Talech does what we need it to do for the most part. Price-wise, nothing else even comes close, but it lacks some really basic features that can be extremely annoying - such as partial (percentage) refunds - for example, a restocking fee.

Also, there are some long-term SIMPLE glitches that have never been figured ou,t such as the tallying of employee hours. How is that still wrong? Isn't it as simple as (hourly wage x hours worked)?

Another thing- selling a "custom item" doesn't include cost, but the item doesn't just appear out of nowhere. We sell lots of custom items, and it's very difficult to find them at the end of the year and give them all a cost. Everything must be exported to excel and then filtered out.

Sometimes it seems like we are the only ones using Talech. Customer support really has been great. They are always easy to get a hold of, and are very friendly. However, they often seem stumped by these basic quandaries.

Pluspunten

Ease of use for admin and every day user.

Minpunten

All listed on previous page.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi James, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review so we know what works and what could be better. We also appreciate you taking the time to speak with us via phone to share more detail. We love hearing from you - please continue to share.

Bruce

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Talech for a full service restaurant and bar

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

It is easy to set up your menu and make changes. It is fairly easy for my employees, mostly highschool students, to learn.

The system tends to slow down during busy times. It takes too long to switch from one screen to another. It also takes a long time to sync when you first log in.

The security is not very good. It is too easy for one employee to log in with someone else's id, making the security feature essentially worthless.
Each employee should have a card to swype in order to log in. That would be a huge improvement.

The reports are nice and easy to read.

All in all a pretty good system but it needs more built in security.

Pluspunten

easy to learn and to set up

Minpunten

The security features are weak. Too easy for another employee to log in with another persons id. The system tends to bog down when it gets busy. It takes too long to synch when you log in.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce. I have shared your comments about security and system lag with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Chrsitopher
  • Sector: Sportartikelen

New Interface is Awesome

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

THee introduction of the new interface on the tablet has been fantastic. Talech's support has listened to the customer base and made remarkable changes to enhance the user experience.

the most notable change is the feature that allows you to type without having to idsable the scanner.

Keep up the good work.

Pluspunten

Ease of use even for the non computer or tablet savvy.

Minpunten

The card reader has bugs and load times can be long. The fact the register screen defaults back to the log in screen can be unproductive in peak times.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for your feedback and for writing a review, Christopher. I have shared your comments about challenges with the card reader and needing additional inventory stock take functionality with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Brian
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Talech Review

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Overall, I think that my Talech experience is positive. Unfortunately, we have had some really bad issues recently and that has effectively lowered my overall ratings. There has been several processing outages in the past few months, more now than the past 12-18 months. We lost some sales recently because Elavon went down for several hours and we could not process credit card transactions which is the majority of our business. We have 2 stores operating Talech and there is no business connection between stores to transfer inventory, recognize sales transactions or perform returns across multiple stores. Elavon is not the best database for capturing customer sales transactions because you can't use the data for marketing or other purposes as far as I know. I feel that the upgrades are just dumped upon the users without a whole lot of information behind what is new or has changed. There is no step-by-step business process for each and every type of potential transaction, so training is on the job.

Minpunten

Updates are a surprise and we are not well informed about the changes

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We appreciate hearing from you, Brian. We are sorry to hear that you have not happy with the product recently. A member of our product team has reached out via email and phone to set up a time to chat and learn more about your business needs and how talech could work better for you. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to chat and help.

judy
  • Sector: Horeca
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Not fully baked for a full service restaurant

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2017

Can order from the table.

Pluspunten

I like that the software utilizes iPads at table side, enabling orders to get entered and executed more rapidly than with a stationary POS.

Minpunten

I don't like that it is not ready for use in restaurants, and that our training session was with someone who barely knew the basics of the software. There are so many features that are missing that are basic to restaurant utility. It is not solid like 2touch, the software we were using previously. We have had to struggle through problems, some of which have been addressed and fixed by the developers and some of which have not.
Training was poor, and there's no manual, just isolated pages. After months we JUST learned that we can void a payment by swiping left on the payment. Perhaps there should be some visual clue to show this possibility.
We are using EMV, and there's no way to swipe to start a tab for a customer. Even if it doesn't use the credit card for charging, being able to swipe to start a tab with the customer's information would be helpful in our busy bar.
The chip readers and the iPads are daily becoming unsync'd (bluetooth) for no good reason and have to be re-sync'd.
There is no way to schedule or send a daily emailed report at closing time, and there's no way to customize a report for our team.
Comps have not been thought through. We were told to use house accounts, which did not work correctly for tax reasons, then told to use discounts, which we are now using. Party deposits have not been thought through. We were told to create a product and a discount for deposits, but will be using house accounts.
There's more but I'm at limit.

Jeff

Gets better every month

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive.

I run multi stores and the registers have been doable, but not impressive. There needs to be communication between each store on every customer added to the database. For example, if I add Joe's info in one store and he goes to another, he has to add his info in again. If there is a credit on his account, it is only use able at one store.
I really appreciate being able to check all my numbers from home and upload new product, but without the ipad, I am unable to see how the menu actually looks in the store. It would be nice to be able to pull up the menu and adjust it on the computer instead of having to do it at each store (I don't have an ipad at home to pull up the stores).
Talent does a great job at customer service and continually updating their product. I am satisfied with this product and am confident it will continue to improve.

Continually getting better

Minpunten

Multi store use and options

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for being a customer and sharing your feedback, Jeff. I have shared your feedback regarding multi-store functionality. If there is anything else that we can do to help your business, please let us know. We're here to help!

Christina

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Talech User

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

We have been a Talech user for nearly two years. Talech support is very efficient and helpful and always gets our problems fixed quickly. We have to "pair" our card reader to the POS terminal every morning and sometimes during our business hours, and that is a bit frustrating. Overall, the system works well. I would like to see more detailed statistics, but there is helpful information that is easily accessed. Our local Talech representative is extremely helpful and always--without exception--is there for us seven days a week. That is one of the biggest benefits. The system is not cheap, but we always get help when we need it.

Pluspunten

It is pretty much user friendly

Minpunten

More details in the statistics would be extremely helpful--such as receipts by the minute when the sales actually happen instead of lumped together in an hour time slot

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for being a loyal customer and your review, Christina! We're glad that you have been pleased with the customer support and product. I've passed your feedback about the card reader and more detailed reporting to our product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Gary
  • Sector: Entertainment
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

It works well for us

Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019

We are, overall, very pleased with the Talech system. That's why we continue to use it.

Pluspunten

We replaced our old, out-dated cash registers with the Talech system and are now able to accept credit cards at every location without the need for seperate credit card machines. We like to ability to show or hide icons based on user need.

Minpunten

Updates are sometimes required for the software to work, of which, we receive no notice. We also use the ELO stations and the I-pad loses connection with the blue tooth printer more frequently than should happen. It is usually an easy reset, but frustrating when you are busy and customers have to wait.

Richard
  • Sector: Wijn en sterke drank

Caret Cellars Uses talech

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2016

Overall a very good POS system with some excellent analytics built-in. A little heavily oriented to the food service industry which puts in some unnecessary steps for others, e.g., cash drawer management function. Wish analytics - as good as they are - were customizable. Like the new Dashboard feature, though.

Pluspunten

Rather straight forward. Takes little training to get someone ready to use it. But still has some sophisticated capabilities.

Minpunten

Cost. Nice if it ran on other than iOS. Contributes to cost concerns. Heavy orientation toward food service industry. Wish features were a little more customizable to other industries. (We use it in a winery tasting room.)

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for being a customer and writing a candid review, Richard! I've passed along your feedback to the product team so they know what would help talech work better for your business. Please continue to share with us! We love hearing from you and are here to help.

Katie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Mixed Satisfaction

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

The updates kill me. We are a bunch of older women running a non-profit store. For the most part, we catch on. But just as we're learning the system, an update hits and everything goes crazy for a while. Mistakes are made that we can't "unmake" and there is no going back once you "close the shift" and happen to do it wrong. For us, there should be a "double check" or "are you sure" option involved. But we hope our bookkeeper can sort it out well enough to figure out our taxes. There is zero notification that an update is coming and we've been caught off guard several times. Candidly, I have two sons that are of GREAT assistance to us older folk who are slightly intimidated by unscheduled updates.

Pluspunten

I do like the ease of use - once learned.

Minpunten

It's probably an amazing system for younglings, but not so amazing to wrangle once you get older and are not used to the application.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Katie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Ginny

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Pluspunten

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Minpunten

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

David
  • Sector: Sportartikelen
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Talech register using iPad

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2019

I am only using the system as a register as my inventory is too extensive and would take months to years to add all the inventory. It wars fine for retail and wholesale transactions without any problems.

Pluspunten

Easy to use and program. Keeps track of inventory, able to use with Wi-Fi. Keeps track of Payouts for inventory paid for by Cash as well as payouts for tips. Excellent choice for a small or start up business to program for products and inventory.

Minpunten

The problem with Talech is the Balancing area. When doing a close out for the day there is no way to correct any mistakes it's a final once you press the reconcile button and no way to correct it on the system. You might have miscounted or not entered something for the day but can't reconcile.

Deborah

Something Borrowed Review

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2016

Like the software a lot because it's simple. Some things I'd like to see different is to have the refund button not so easy to hit it accidentally. Then for the online side it would be great to have more subtotaling of receipts by day in order to eliminate the hassle of downloading a report to reconcile with the bank deposits. It also seems to be geared toward restaurants. We are in the rental and floral business. Adding a module for these would be worth an up-charge if it's not too much.

Minpunten

lack of reporting See other comment.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for writing a review and being a customer, Deborah! We're so glad that overall you are pleased with the software. Thanks for sharing product feedback. I've passed this along to our product team. Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see for your business. It's great to hear from you.

Edouard Moyal

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated and less friendly I know you have to justify your people salary but not by screwing up what's working

Pluspunten

It's a very good software and very friendly and easy to use there is some small problem then we can correct

Minpunten

I had no problem with the software before but now since your updated you change the whole face of the program and before you do that you need to find out for what type of business this program is good for or not very bad move for us it's not good

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Edouard, thank you for your review and feedback, A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Archibald

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

pretty good but needs improvement

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

the inventory system needs to be able to add recipes for drinks to help with inventory. The use of the screens is very nice and easy to use. Customer service is never there and is hard to get a call back in the heat of the problem and is a real drag when things go down and no one answers. Also, if the wifi goes out there needs to be a way to process the cards and put them in a queue until it comes back so customers cards won't be lost and will process later.

ease of use

Minpunten

customer service... recipes aren't allowed to take away from inventory if the recipe takes more than one liquor

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for your review, Archibald. I've passed your feedback to the product and support teams. A member of the talech team has reached out to learn more about your recent challenges and see how we can help. Please respond at your convenience. We'd love to hear more from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Cathy
  • Sector: Cosmetica

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Good product, exceptional customer support

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2016

I'm very happy with my POS program from Talech and I'm not even using it to it's full potential! What I appreciate the most is that when I've had a question or a comment, someone has immediately gotten back with me, or concerning an issue, it was very quickly resolved. I've come to cherish great customer service because it's so hard to find!

All the options

Minpunten

I can' think of any since I'm not eve using it to it's full potential. As long as you have tutorials for set up (I assume you do) and keep up great customer support - should be good!

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Cathy, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy talech customer! If you would like any assistance digging into additional features, please check out our help page for videos/articles or reach out to our support team. We're here to help!

Lorna
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Technical support team are awesome

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2016

I have been with talech for almost 3 yrs and customer service is there to help you especially when you're not a technology updated and they are there to help you step by step to make sure that we as the customer are satisfied with the service and it never changed a bit since I've been with them. Thank you, Talech continue to work with passion and you will be blessed each day with good clients.

Pluspunten

The client's record for bookkeeping and the part that you can make a note in each client's file.

Minpunten

To much extra stuff, we don't need
Simplicity is better for older people

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Lorna, thank you for writing a review. We're so glad to hear that talech is working for you. And our support team has been so helpful. Please reach out any time! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Shaheen

Lux Ave boutique

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

I think this program was for restaurant not retail friendly.then you guys keep up dating and changing the format.once you get use to then then it get change you have to learn all over again.its very easy once you learn it but it get change .if we need technical help we have to leave the message and wait some body to call us back .but no idea when .and if you get a call we may be with our customer can not talk at that time .very frustrating .

Pluspunten

Once you understand how to use its easy .

Not a retail friendly

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. A member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We are here to help, Shaheen.

Camille

User Friendly POS always making improvements

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2016

Talech is simple to setup and use; even for first timers. I would recommend it to others.
So far the only negative I have experienced had to do with merging info into QuickBooks; was told by one customer service rep, I would have to purchase the QB software, and another customer service rep advised me it would only work with online version of QB. Did the online QuickBooks through my CPA only to find it will not merge. Super frustrating, as I was hoping to eliminate the time spent inputting daily sales info into Quickbooks

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for writing a review, Camille. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you! Thanks for being a customer.

Tenzing

Simply Simple!

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

I started my business in Oct 2015 and Talech has been part of my small business. Being a start up there are always issues and problems coming up and Talech and Talech supports staff are always a click away and they even do follow ups. I'm sure I've racked up pretty high on call-ins for issues. Again, simply simple for anyone to use and with Talech Support staff that's one less headache I have to worry about.

Business
Tibet Corner
Family owned Tibetan and Indian restaurant

Pluspunten

Easy to use and learn and reports are awesome!!!

Minpunten

I wish the software was available on iPhones!!!!! And additional devices are free/cheaper

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

We're so thrilled to have you and Tibet Corner as a customer, Tenzing. Thank you for the review and for letting what you like and what you'd like to see. We've let the product team know about your request.

Chris
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

LEAF's 2 cents

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Talech is an innovative and great product. The fact that they are constantly making updates and changes to better serve their clients is what makes it really nice. The customer service is always polite and informative. I have worked with this product for a year now and I have had a overall great experience.

Pluspunten

I like the ever changing aspect. The fact that I can give feedback and they will take it into account is wonderful.

Minpunten

I think the only thing I do not like is that there are some features that older inventory systems have that telech is still working on.

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review and for being a talech customer, Chris. We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with product and customer service. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Kelli

Ice cream parlor

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016

Ordered Talech for my ice cream parlor and in the shop it works fine. Back office capabilities are lacking. I cannot seem to easily grab the reports that are important to me but am usually able to piece things together to get what I need. Best of luck if your credit card machine goes down. You just don't know who to call.

Reporting capabilities

Antwoord van talech Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kelli. I have shared your feedback about back office features and reporting not being robust enough for you. We apologize for the recent processing outages. If you cannot get a hold of your processor, please reach out to us and we can help direct you to the right place.

Please continue to share thoughts with us. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Yvonne

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Problems with card readers.

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019

It’s been ok but wonder if there is better stuff out there.

Pluspunten

Overall it’s easy to use the system.
I have nothing else to say

Minpunten

Concerned about security with ease of employees to take advantage of stealing.
Also we recently got new card readers and have had nothing but problems, and we are in our busy time of the year, and it slows everything down and we will loose customers!