Hemlane

4,8 (160)
Schrijf een review!
Alles-in-één oplossing voor leasing- en vastgoedbeheer

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

• Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Makes my life much easier

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018

Mostly excellent! Their team is very responsive and supportive of any issues. They want YOU to succeed. They even helped me see that one of my units was underpriced and I ended up renting it out for $100/month more.

Pluspunten

Hemlane makes it really easy for me to manage, collect and refund payments for tenants. I've been very pleased with that functionality and also the marketing automation. E.g. when you post a listing for a unit, it will automatically get posted on all the major sites where renters are looking. Then once people inquire, there is an automated e-mail response that encourages prospective tenants to fill out an application or reach out to the property contact with questions. I find this a very efficient way to manage dozens of inquiries when I post an availability and screen tenants efficiently. The application allows you to easily collect all the information for screening tenants in one place.

Minpunten

The user interface could use improvement. I had to reach out to support with questions a few times to learn how it works. It's not as intuitive as it could be which has created more of a learning curve than I would have liked. Processing online payments takes longer than I'd like (3-4 days)- though honestly this is probably more the fault of the ACH Network rather than anything Hemlane has control over.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thanks Andrew for your review! We look forward to continuing to make the user experience the best in the industry! And we are happy to hear about the increased revenue with your rentals.

Michael
  • Sector: Bankwezen

My Experience with Hemlane

Beoordeeld op 23-9-2020

I wanted to automate my rental management somewhat to improve efficiencies and have the ability to onboard clients easier, automate the application and marketing processes, as well as warehousing the information and documentation in the cloud for remote access. I accomplished all those goals. It's relatively easy to learn and has good functionality. Mu experience was very good.

Pluspunten

Cost was fair, complexity was understandable and not overwhelming for my application, it provides the desired detail and organization to assist me in managing a small portfolio of personally owned rentals. I am not using all the features yet, but I particularly like the ability to market properties from the software. It compared well in terms of cost - benefit to other products on the market.

Minpunten

I would like the ability to customize expense categories further for the property cash flow component, but I'm still learning and have found suitable workarounds as my knowledge of the software improves. It would be helpful if expense categories matched those on a schedule E tax form. The online application information requirements (for applicant's) is a tad weak and abbreviated, more required detail here would be helpful.

Redenen om over te stappen op Hemlane

Cost, simplicity, applicability to my needs, very responsive customer support with direct line to assistance.
Juan
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Hemlane is a good product

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2023

Pluspunten

Excellent lease tracking which provides a relatively seamless way for tenants to pay electronically

Minpunten

I don’t like that in Financials, I can’t look at what’s outstanding for the current month without filtering

Antwoord van Hemlane

Juan, thanks so much for your review! We appreciate the time you took to write this and to provide our team with feedback on the Financials. We look forward to continuing to improve our services with this in mind.

Jenny

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

I like Hemlane

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2020

It's been a good experience overall.

It's been a good experience overall.

Pluspunten

The main features I use are the rent payment options and maintenance requests. I have really only used it for rent payments/income and electronic payment management, plus maintenance requests. It's helped me keep track of rent payments, it's also been greatly accepted by the tenants who really prefer to set up automatic electronic payments for their rent. It's also nice to have tenants contact me via Hemlane.com for maintenance/repair issues. It's much easier to track items that need addressing and it's less stressful to be contacted in that way.

Minpunten

I don't have any major complaints currently, definitely happy with it overall.

Overwogen alternatieven

AppFolio Property Manager

Redenen om over te stappen op Hemlane

The other products I was looking at had a higher minimum number of units (different payment structure too). The others were also built/focused on much larger property management operations.
Ted
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Powerful and easy to use

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2021

Pluspunten

I just switched over to Hemlane from AppFolio and what a difference. Even though AppFolio is the bigger company, it’s buggy, and complicated to use. Hemlane is a breath of fresh air and the user experience is much better. I’ve had several great experiences with the customer service team and they were always available to answer question a. Highly recommend and only wish I switched earlier.

Minpunten

Small feature requests and need to be a bit more clear when selecting options in settings.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thanks Ted for the kind review, and we can't wait to get all of those UI/UX changes in for you!

Nancy

A Valuable Resource to Property Managers

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2023

Great! I only wish I had found them years ago. I have been using their service for about 2 years now, and I will always continue to use their service for as long as I own and manage properties.

Pluspunten

What I value most about Hemlane is that it takes SO much pressure off my shoulders from the day to day business in collecting rents from tenants, and depositing them into my bank account. (without me having to nag my tenants). Hemlane keeps after them if they are late. It is like keeping my contact with the tenants at arms length and keeping it on a very professional basis. That saves my sanity!
-Also, if I have any question about how to set up a particular setting on a tenant or to make a correction in my settings, when I call, I always get a prompt reply and very helpful advice .

Minpunten

Nothing. My overall experience has been very positive.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing us Nancy! We love hearing that the switch to Hemlane has streamlined your rental business!

Shawn

Best software out there.

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2023

Highly recommended

Highly recommended

Pluspunten

Product is easy to use, great staff when you have a question, and works flawlessly.

Minpunten

Needs a mobile app for this to be a complete package.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thanks for the review Shawn! We are happy to hear that Hemlane has been able to help with your rental properties!

Stanley

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Hemlane is good for the price

Beoordeeld op 2-9-2023

Pluspunten

It is pretty easy to use. Automatic billing and

Minpunten

Do not know how to customize application. for tenant. Do not know how to split utility bill between tenants in a building

Antwoord van Hemlane

Hi Stanley, thank you so much for leaving us a review. We appreciate the feedback you provided in regards to splitting the utility bills between the tenants, we will keep this in mind as we continue to improve our services!

Pamela

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great software for rentals!

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2023

I really like this product and find it is efficient for our use.

I really like this product and find it is efficient for our use.

Pluspunten

I love the ease of using this product along with the storage capacity and alerts. I also love that you can set up your own applications and really decide how you want to use the product.

Minpunten

I think the support could be a bit better.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thank you for reviewing us Pamela, we love to hear how users like yourself can fully utilize Hemlane to support your rental business!

Brian
Brian

Best Value and Easy to Use

Beoordeeld op 8-3-2020

They are very responsive. The agent I used to get the account was awesome and easy to work with.

Pluspunten

I like that it's automated. My tenants use it with ease and I can see where the money is at. It links directly with my bank accounts and keeps the books for me.
It's as close to having a book keeper that I've ever had.

Minpunten

The interest in showing screen, I have to create a showing first and then I can invite them, not just invite them to the showing.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thanks, Brian, for your kind review! And we have some new enhancements with showings. I think you will enjoy them (you can automatically invite a tenant to a showing now)!

Jennette

Organized at last

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2019

Customer service has been my favorite part of this experience, followed closely by the hours of time saved managing my 40+ college student tenants.

Pluspunten

It automates many of the tasks that used to take me hours to complete. It organizes and tracks payments so I don't need to go looking for records.

Minpunten

A little expensive. Wish there was a way to sort the full list of tenants by alphabet order, or by unit, or by move-out date. A calendaring option would also be great, for scheduling cleaning checks, maintenance, trash days, etc that both landlord and tenant can view.

Overwogen alternatieven

Buildium en TenantCloud

Redenen om over te stappen op Hemlane

Customer service, customizable payment requests
Wendy
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Hemlane Review

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2022

As a business and for the platform for our tenants I would give it 5 stars . Once you learn to navigate the system it is pretty user friendly and as I mentioned the tech support is top of the line !

Pluspunten

Hemlane is GREAT for smaller companies in real estate who have under 50 doors. It has a ton of great features that allows us to keep in touch with our tenants, process their payments on line , assign and track work orders upload all their documents so we both have access to them , and so many more features. Their support staff is also AMAZING !!! Every time I reach out and have a question if my call isn't answered right away I receive a call back the same day . The tech team is always so friendly and knowledgeable . It's always a good experience talking to them .

Minpunten

It dose take some work when you are changing platforms to get everything switched over. I have also had some issues with "older" tenants who may not have a lot of computer experience trying to get their on line rent payments set up , but they always seem to get it accomplished . I will also refer them to the support team to help them if needed.

David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Excellent product, facilitates all aspects of property management

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2023

This program has greatly facilitated my ability to manage property, even though when I started I knew little about it.

Pluspunten

Easy for tenants to navigate. Takes care of all the aspects of the property management. Love that I don't have to deal with money. All documents in the right place. Useful for screening tenants.

Minpunten

Integration with Zillow could be improved. Need a mobile app for tenantsPatients can not find the property guide too easily.

Antwoord van Hemlane

David, thanks so much for the review! We appreciate you taking time to provide us with some feedback. We look forward to improving our services for you with this in mind.

Cindy

Hemlane experience

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2020

Good. Hemlane has satisfied the following needs I want in my day to day operating business as a property manager - marketing, leasing, rent collection and maintenance request

Pluspunten

Software is available on both desktop and mobile devices with same functionality. Ease of usage and good value for the top priority functionalities that I need the most using a property management software for small size property owners. This includes marketing, leasing, rent collection and maintenance request management. I have not fully experienced the leasing interfacing aspect with clients so I am looking to explore the leasing capability.

Minpunten

When an operation fails to perform, it simply prompt an error message. I would like the software provides more assistance to user by giving them more information what triggers the error message and how one can fix it themselves. I have been reaching out to support for assistance each time this takes places. I am amazed the responsiveness I received from support team so far. But I can foresee this support model will not last as more users using the software. Sometimes, it can be due to lag time for the information to commit at the backend database that triggered the operation error. The reason why I said that is I received response from support team letting me know they are not sure why I will receive an error but they were able to complete the operation without the error.

Daniel

Love Hemlane

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2023

Pluspunten

Online rent collection portal, augmented repair maintenance assistance and network, marketing tools, good price.

Minpunten

I wish I had a place to store private notes about a property.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thank you for your review Daniel! We're happy to hear that our platform is able to help you automate your business. We look forward to improving our services for you!

Darren

Great online app

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2023

Pluspunten

Don’t know what I would do without Hemlane. Great for tracking maintenance requests, rent payments, leasing, etc

Minpunten

There’s nothing I can think of here right now

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thanks for the review Darren! We're so happy to hear that we're able to help you with all these aspects of your rental business!

Peter

Leasing Specialty

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019

Excellent, the customer service has been outstanding. Also the ease of operation is great. A software these days shouldn't take weeks to master, and Hemlane is very easy to use and I feel I understand how to do things without calling or needing outside help.

Pluspunten

The ease of use, the functions are all really easy and user friendly.

Minpunten

The time it takes for payments to go through. Electronically should be faster than a check. If the tenants deposit a check it will take maximum7 days to fully clear their bank. If their hemlane electronic first payment takes up to 10 days to verify it is a deterrent for them to sign up for the maintenance program.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thank you Peter for your kind review! We sincerely appreciate you taking time to write about our services.

We enjoy working with you and look forward to continuing to enhance our features for you (especially the faster payout for rent)!

Taniza

Great Experience!

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2020

I am very satisfied with my experience and will recommend it to any newbie because of its ease of use .

Pluspunten

Having the same platform to advertise the property, communicate with tenants , have their screening done, use online payment method ,and above all keep online ledger helped me manage my properties myself single handedly. I have not used any other soft ware before (And not anyway Tech Savvy) but I can not overemphasize the helpful customer service that I got when I was in free trial period. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helped me familiarize first with the software through ZOOM meetings ,but even after the trial period was over he responded through calls / emailed with quick solution when problem arose. problems were mostly at my end not able to understand the functionality. I think It took me a two weekend to learn the software .Tenants love the online bank to bank transfer feature and ability to send message directly to owner.

Minpunten

I still have minor problem with the financial and ledger keeping tab.

Gino

Property Management

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2023

Pluspunten

Easy to use. Very helpful. Quick response from the team.

Minpunten

Oh my god. So many emails. I get it though.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thank you Gino for your kind review! We appreciate you taking time to write about our platform. We're especially glad that our automations are helping you with your rentals!

Andria
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great opportunity for Investors to save $$ and Realtors to gain new business

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019

Small business with a large reach! The staff is second to none and I never have trouble accessing a professional from their team when needed. My clients have been really impressed with the caliber of contract help that Hemlane coordinates from showing agents like me to maintenance and repair folks.

Pluspunten

Software is constantly being improved with new and updated offerings. It's a simple forum in which rents can be received, maintenance requests can be made, and comprehensive marketing can be executed with syndication to all of the hottest rental sites!

Minpunten

There is nothing I DON'T like about the software, though I would love to have the availability of personally branded pages for real estate agents to send to referral clients.

Patrick

Great system

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019

support and help implementing from Chanelle was unprecedented - I used to support software installations an I hope we were that good (we charged WAY MORE MONEY).

Pluspunten

It does it all! Marketing is amazing not a benefit I expected. Write the ad - upload pics and it goes out to bazillion websites and the inquires start flowing instantly. Handles EVERYTHING for property management - contracts - deadlines - tenant applications - credit checks - emails are all in the system so I don't search through emails - all communications with tenants and prospective tenants are in there - collects rent through portal - no collecting checks - tracks what is due and who paid for did not paid - tracks when lease is expiring - tracks work orders - I'm not sure what else it could do. It's amazing.

Minpunten

I might be able to remember 1-2 tiny things that I needed but almost perfect for me.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thanks Patrick for your review! We look forward to continuing to work with you and adding new features.

Danny

A must for landlords

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2020

I was able to fire an underperforming property manager, take the 10% of gross rents (plus random fees they came up with) and invest in Hemlane for a fraction of the cost and way better platform features. My property is 115 miles away and my biggest concern was collecting rents and communication with tenants. Hemlane eliminated that issue for me and made everything more streamlined and passive, which is what us landlords want from our investment properties.

Pluspunten

Ease of use for the owner and tenant. Communication flow and accounting all in one spot with quick turn around between tenants paying rent online and the rents being deposited in the bank account. Tech support for both the landlord and tenant is outstanding.

Minpunten

Nothing has been an issue so far. Even in the short time I’ve been using Hemlane, the platform is evolving better ways to streamline landlord-tenant communication via text etc.

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thanks Danny for your kind review! We look forward to providing you with additional services and features, while you're 115 miles away from your investment!

Dillon

Great Customer Service and Onboarding

Beoordeeld op 25-5-2021

I've had a great experience with Hemlane. Onboarding could not have gone smoother and the overall value of the software is there.

Pluspunten

The services that it provides is definitely towards the upper end for property management software. The pricing is about middle of the road which makes the value for the price pretty high. The best part about the company has been [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I purchased a property with a tenant that had bad contact information listed. He helped give me resources to onboard the tenant and has made the software very easy to use.

Minpunten

The price could always be a little bit more affordable. Currently their largest option is $40/unit/month. Normally that would be very competitive but since I invest in lower income housing, it gets closer to the 8-10% that a normal property manager would charge.

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Klantenondersteuning

Best property management for the price!

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2017

Pluspunten

-Dashboard gives a great overview
-Email communication keeps me up to date
-Consolidates vital info in easy to see landing page
-Easy ACH for tenants plus they love that it is free for them
-Easy management of work orders
-Easy marketing functions

Minpunten

-Unable to pull reports on different payment types each month (off line, ACH etc...)
-Offline payment function needs simplification
-Does not allocate late offline payments at a single point of payment screen
-Groups payments by number of "late payments" and not property or renter
-Requires other service (zInspector or others) for move-in and move-out inspections
-Does not allow for mapping of work orders to service provider

Antwoord van Hemlane

Thank you for your review on Hemlane! Work order mapping will be coming as new features in January 2018. We look forward to supporting your management.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Halfgeleiders
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Hemlane

Beoordeeld op 3-8-2018

I have been using Hemlane a little over a year now for a condo rental property and I am very satisfied and pleased with the service and tools they provide.

When I need help, I get prompt feedback and support. The online tool is great to have one place to go to manage and see the status on my rental properties, communicate with the tenants and see any open issues. I think Hemlane is a great value for the money. Hemlane is geared towards those landlords that want to stay a little bit involved with the management activities, rather than have someone do 100% and not be involved or bothered at all. But, their tool and service make it easier to do. And the fee structure is more based upon paying for the service you use, as opposed to flat monthly %'s of the rent. Overall, I am very pleased with Hemlane and would highly recommend them.

Minpunten

I know I can get a summary, but maybe a more detailed itemization of annual expenses for tax purposes would be good.