TMetric

TMetric

Vriendelijke en eenvoudige urenregistratie voor teams van elke omvang.

4,5 /5 (190 review)
Tammi O.
Sector: Directiekantoor

I NEED THIS... and LOVE it

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I have used this for a couple of years and have even recommended to my clients that want to hire staff. I have some clients that want to know how every minute is spent and others that are happy as long as I am getting the task done in the time I am allotted, but TMetric takes all of the guesswork out. Regardless of what I am invoicing the client for I can send the report from TMetric so I am aware of exactly how much time to bill each client for.

Pluspunten

I like that with the click of a button I can not only switch between clients but also sub projects for each of those clients. At the end of the week I can run a report and pull everything into a spreadsheet and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spend on which aspects of their business. There is even an app so if I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call I can still click the button and track every minute.

Minpunten

I have not encountered anything I dislike. I use the free version and have not found its limitations

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for your trust, Tammi.

Jonathan N.
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Easy to use and customize time tracking tool

Pluspunten

The relatively unofficial API support for the product is very through; if there isn't a first party support already built in for the tools we use, Browser Extension enabling ZenDesk Support, then we have some flexibility to build up additional solutions to integrate TMetric into our work flow.

It's easy to create a budget for a project that can be assigned to either time or a monetary value.

Time is linear, and cannot overlap; so if you need to go back and change your time because it wasn't tracked properly, you don't need to worry about readjusting all entries to make sure you're not double billing a client.

Minpunten

The project selection tool starts to get slow to load when you have a lot of projects in the system.

The desktop application hasn't always been that reliable (crashes, the window opening) although I still run it in the background to monitor what I'm working on, so I can go back and review it at any time.

Because time doesn't overlap it is relatively easy to accidentally overwrite a days worth of entries if you accidentally meant to make your start time of an entry to 3:00 PM, forgetting to add the "PM", and the system defaults to 3:00 AM, and giving you a quick "are you sure message".

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your point of view. Both the desktop and web application have become more steady.

Sector: Marketing en reclame

A review of TMetric by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

Beoordeeld op 26-4-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I've been using it for around a year now and, like I say above, it's mostly fine and easy but with a couple of bugs or areas of badly designed UI or UX.

The page design and colour scheme and UI do feel a little dated and not quite slick enough perhaps?

Pluspunten

I like it's simplicity - both in looks and function. Once the browser extension is installed you can time track tasks straight from Asana or manually add the time yourself - both methods are relatively quick to do.

I like that you can view reports of how you've spent your time - on what projects and clients. Very useful for administrators and accountants.

Minpunten

It often crashes, breaks or bugs out, leaving myself and my team unable to track our hours in the software. It only breaks every three weeks or so, but I suppose I did expect it to work ALL the time.

The other thing that is very annoying is when you are manually entering your hours and they start in AM and finish in PM. The slightly-clunky-to-use clock interface does not automatically guess that you meant PM and ruins all the hours you've already entered that morning by setting the last task as finishing at 12.45AM!

The analogue clock face interface used to enter times is a little annoying - it has to be clicked or pressed in the right order and very accurately.

It is easy to accidentally leave a timer tracking - even overnight. Perhaps there could be some way to counter this?

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to meet the users' requirements.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 6.0/10

Alexander F.
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Manage team members' hours on company projects

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It integrates my personal and team workflow considerably well, making it easy to categorize time and keep all project tasks on time.

Pluspunten

• Integration with several fermenters that we use as Jira and Tello.
• Has the function of exporting to spreadsheets in .csv format.
• Provides mobile application.
• Very good cost benefit.
• It has great usability and option to use tags.
• It makes it much easier to track my team's work.

Minpunten

Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason.
The desktop application is a little complicated.
Exporting reports to Google Drive takes a little bit of work.
Navigating through different tasks is a little bad.
At first, I found it difficult to visualize the time that my colleagues took on each project.

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for your review! We're working hard to meet the users' requirements. If you have questions in the process of using the product, please contact our support and we will quickly fix it. And we are happy to accept comments about the navigation of the interface, as we always listen to our customers point of view and try to make TMetric as convenient as possible.

Charlotte N.
Sector: Tekstschrijvers
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Great for freelancers! Works well.

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall, I've enjoyed using TMetric, it far outperforms any other system I've used in the past and I'll definitely be sticking with it for the long haul.

Pluspunten

I love that I can track time for multiple clients with just a few clicks. The end of the week summaries are perfect and allow for quick and easy invoicing without too much effort.

Minpunten

The software can be a tad glitchy at times, but I've found that some patience and a quick refresh usually gets things flowing smoothly again.

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for the review. We'll take it into account.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 9.0/10

Samantha G.
Sector: E-learning

Time Tracking Made Easy

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We needed to see how long we were taking on specific tasks to determine if we were charging enough for our services.

Pluspunten

I liked the straight forward interface which everyone learned quickly.

Minpunten

What I least like is that only admins can add people to projects. There are occasions when it would be nice to just have someone login their time on a project without having to be added to the whole team process.

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Samuel S.
Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Best timetracker I've found

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.

Pluspunten

App provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.

Minpunten

It could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.

Antwoord van Devart

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Phillip L.
Sector: Mediaproductie
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Worth it and it's seamless.

Maandelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Extremely responsive customer service and the product has a solid build that hasn't ever bugged on me.

Pluspunten

I love everything about it, there are only two softwares I use in conjunction due to missing functionality, I use Trello for the Kanban view of tasks and I use Planaway to synch the calendar so that my tasks show up as part of my day in my google Calendar to avoid scheduling a meeting during a time I blocked out for tasking. It would be awesome to have a client login for them to check on the overall tasklist without having to share my own account login which would expose my other clients info.

Minpunten

It's pretty damn good. Nothing to complain about.

Antwoord van Devart

Thank you for your time and review, Phillip.

Renelene jay C.
Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

An Easy-to-Use Freelancer Time Tracker and Summary Report Tool

Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I initially used Tmetric in digital marketing. As we all know digital marketing has a broad set of tasks that needs to be segmented especially on reports.

It helps me to prioritize set of tasks within its respective period. It also helps me to easily connect with the client.

At first, I doubted its capability as time tracker as I was confused on how to use it. But as I understand its real purpose, I then started enjoying its use especially on summary reports. Kudos to Tmetric!

Pluspunten

What I like most about it is its simplified yet detailed reports on a chosen time period. You can actually enumerate the different tasks you have worked on within your preferred timeline(hour/day/week/year). You can also choose as to how your summary reports will be shown—will it be by projects, by tasks, by team or by whole.
Nonetheless, you can also fix your reports even after the period you have worked on. If you feel that your report lacks some tasks you finished, you can always review and rewrite you reports for a more accurate summary.

Minpunten

So far, all the features on its free plan have benefited me, my client and my work. I can't see any least of it.

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for your trust, Renelene Jay. We will continue to keep it this way.

Emanuelle L.
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Effectively check the progress of company projects

Beoordeeld op 4-3-2020
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I always follow the progress of the team, the hours dedicated, and assessing the progress of each activity.

Pluspunten

save time, satisfactorily integrating our workflow.
It has made our life easier as it allows us to categorize our time helping us to stay within the specified time frame.
It has good usability and helps us to control projects within our KanBan in Trello, and if you left the timer on, it is easy to adjust it on the supplier's website.
It allows the monitoring of the hours dedicated in the project of each team member and see the progress of each activity.

Minpunten

Sometimes the service was interrupted, with no apparent reason or notification stating the reason.
It does not have compatibility with mobile devices.

Antwoord van Devart

Thank you Emanuelle for you feedback! TMetric is available on Android and iOS devices. Also, TMetric synchronizes desktop, mobile and web app version data. If you have questions in the process of using the product, please contact our support and we will quickly fix it.

Marie J.

Great but missing features

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Tmetric is very basic, reporting is poor and not configurable. While it tracks time it cannot track resource utilization, project burn, costs (vs price). Tmetric support is responsive however their reply for most of the enhancements is “it doesn’t do that” which means I need to find a product that wants to improve and provide the customer experience we need.

Pluspunten

So I use this for all employees billable or not. It is great for internal usage but it is a lot of work to transfer to an invoice for a customer. On average each employee spends two hours each week. It doesn’t track expenses, car mileage, or receipts on an account so we have to use multiple applications to get one invoice out each week.

I like that I can put in each contract assign the hours to each employee but it doesn’t do burn sheets so again I need another tool.
As for tracking time it’s just okay. It’s great when it work automatically on the computer. It does a great job at tracking idle time but tends to crash when in a project monitoring activity. While all apps crash the issue is you don’t know this one has because it’s hidden until you want to do a different task and then you’ve lost all your tracking. Oh there is a feature to allow customers access but I would never do that without the ability to configure it to show the customer what I want

Minpunten

Reliability and stability are the least favorite things

Antwoord van Devart

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Sector: Design en ontwerp

Perfect Time Tracking Tool

Pluspunten

One of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!

Minpunten

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.

Antwoord van Devart

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your point of view.

Leon T.
Sector: Internet

The Time tracker I was looking for as a freelancer

Pluspunten

As a freelancer (Web/Software Developent) I found almost every feature that I needed working for different clients with their respective projects and tasks. Some projects run on an hourly rate basis, others have their budgets. You can combine both. I also time track my own learning and other non-earning processes, so that in the end of the month I can see the time spent on commercial as well as non-commercial tasks. The reports are really nice. I use submit them together with the invoice to the respective clients, making my month's work transparent to them. The application is very intuitive. You see only what you really need. You have type-ahead suggestions for new tasks based on what you have already entered in the past. There are some team functionalities, which I don't use as a freelancer, but which could be pretty useful if you work in team. The app runs comfortably synchron on any device.

Minpunten

The app design is not well suitable for a small viewport (smartphone). It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not really comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be nice too.

Antwoord van Devart

Thank you for your time and review. We will improve our application.

Joshua E.
Sector: Schoolleiding
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

The only time keeping software I'll ever use!

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

When I started as an employee as a website developer and IT Support Officer I wanted an easy way to keep track of my time and how I use my time.
I asked myself: That takes up the majority of my time and how often do I change tasks throughout the day?
The system that was originally developed was very manual and required the required only journal for start and finish times.
After trialing a large amount of software and solutions on the market I started using TMetric and have had my best time management experience.
Not only do I now keep a time log of my work but I can also analyse my time history and provide my employer with instant reports within seconds based on my key words (Tags) and/or Project and/or Client. The amount of options is amazing.
I have submitted development requests and have seen some of my great ideas developed within Tmetrics online application. With the product continuous being improved, I won't be moving away from TMetric. TMetric has helped me organise my website developing skills into a development areas. The recording of website development time segments has helped better prepare for more accurate quoting for website customisations.

Pluspunten

Segmenting of tags for accurate reporting along with: Automatic starting and stopping.

Minpunten

Starting a new time for a project needs to be very accurate (within 2 minutes) otherwise a break forms when I don't need one.

Vinicius A.

Fundamental

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It's a must to have time tracker for teams, I know if a I'm being productive or not. I can share the log with my team and make adjustments. I can estimate better the next jobs and provide the ideal due time to clients and to the board.

Pluspunten

The product has improved a lot since they started. It's simple to use but full of features, as you can read in others feedbacks.

I don’t need to edit all stuff, it knows where I’m am and what a I’m doing. I just need to add a title and labels and Tmetric supply me with a day or week relatory as I wish.

The interface is easy to use, quick to learn, very easy to visualize the informations and the interactions respond instantly without delays.

Minpunten

Too much grey in the UI (but I’m a designer so maybe not the focus group user)

It's just a time tracker after all, I have to use other tools for other kind of work management (so I have to end up to administrate a lot of tools at time).

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks a lot for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 9.0/10

Elizabeth J.
Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Simple, easy, effective

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Tmetric has saved me buckets of time, effort and frustration in keeping track of time spent on a range of projects and tasks. I'm naturally bad at record keeping but with Tmetric time tracking is a breeze.

Pluspunten

I have tried various online productivity tools, and Tmetric is the only one I've stayed with. Easy, intuitive and responsive interface, so little time and effort required. I use Tmetric to track my own billable work time and the report I generate within seconds at the end of the month within seconds, fully meets my needs.

Minpunten

Honestly for the use I put it to, I've not come across any challenges or shortcomings.

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for your trust, Elizabeth.

Ben D.
Sector: Telecommunicatie
Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Data is power

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

TMetric is a innovative tool, that initially I was extremely resistant too, as I didn't understand the value in recording time.

After 1 whole month of recording time, I immediately saw the benefit. Even though I have been working in a similar way for a long time, I did not truly understand how much time I lost. I knew there was parts of my day to day work I needed to improve, but couldn't fully pinpoint where the churn of time was.

Luckily, Tmetric allows me to see just how much time I TRULY spend with tasks not important to my real work, and where I can best spend that time instead.

The UI is brilliant now. Other then the below improvement suggestion, it is actually very smooth to use. Easy to learn and easy to master.

Improvements:
I would like to see it better predict what tasks I am putting in. There are some tasks, especially in the morning, I feel it could be smart and know I always have a stand-up at 9:30AM in the week if i log time that day. Then, If I happen not too, it would be easier for me to remove, rather then keep selecting this on a day to day basis.

Time logging
Reporting
Group subsets of tasks
Finding work churns
Truly understanding resource allocation

Minpunten

Could better predict a user's day to day tasks
Reporting UI took a while to understand how to view tasks...

Xander W.
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Time tracking essentials without the bloat

Beoordeeld op 7-2-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

After another free time tracking app we used completely overhauled their UI in favour of providing lots of features we didn't really need, we went to look for an alternative solution. We stumbled upon TMetric, a new time tracking app seemingly still in its early stages. This is great because the team behind it clearly focused on the essentials first without bloating the software with feature creep. The core interactions required for a time tracking app are all very polished and unlike the competitor products. I personally really like the timeline and seeing my logged work hours and breaks so visually. It's also really intuitive to add breaks or worklog items after the fact. Integrations with common project management software are plentiful and the one I used so far works seamless ly (GitLab). The only shortcomings are in the billing rate options, these are still very basic so having multiple different rates depending on task type etc is not possible yet (as far as I know). However, Devart has a support portal where they are reasonably active and you can request features there.

Pluspunten

Very simple and intuitive, visual timeline for your worklogs and breaks

Minpunten

Billing rates are very basic (only one rate for your account and a team member rate)

Darren L.
Sector: Administratie

GREAT Timekeeping tool

Simple design
Tracking
Detailed report is very useful

It crashes sometimes.
It runs more than 12 hours and ask user to fix the timer next day.

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks for your review, Darren. We're working hard to meet users' requirements.

Sector: Biotechnologie
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Easy to use, minimalist time tracking software

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Note: using free version, manually reporting time from TMetric to clients and manually putting time from TMetric into invoicing

Pluspunten

Clean organized and minimalist design.
Easy to start and stop timers
Easy to edit timers
Notifies you if a timer ran overnight and asks you to correct it
You can customize your projects and labels
You can easily see time spent on projects using any timescale you want (weeks, months, days, year)
Quick and responsive UI
I know it integrates with Quickbooks but have not used it yet
You can track time by when you worked on it, not just by how much time you worked on it in a day.

Minpunten

Since a recent update, the Firefox add-in no longer works so I have to use Tmetric in a window
Installed desktop app is not as nice as the web-version (items not organized alphabetically)

Antwoord van Devart

Thank you for the review. Firefox add-on is renewed and works properly now.

Daniel L.
Sector: Computergames

Perfect for a Startup

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I've been using T-Metric for months, and it has been my go-to time-tracking software. It is currently offered for free so its value for money is superb.We'll see how they choose to charge for their service in the future. For now, it being free and having a nice Chrome extension that plays well with Asana, as well as its extremely easy-to-use interface and simplicity are what drew me to it and keep me here.

Pluspunten

Simple, free, easy to track track time and generate reports.

Minpunten

In my specific case, the limitation that prevents employees from entering time more than 3 days late has been troublesome. I would like to see an option to control this functionality, as well as perhaps a time-approval process that can be done on a weekly basis, where employees submit their time and have it approved by a supervisor.

Brandon Z.
Sector: Design en ontwerp

Nice Straightforward Time Tracking App

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My favorite thing about TMetric is the day view. This is the main view where you start and stop tasks. It's incredibly simple and has a fantastic graph showing all logged work for the day.

This lets me easily see:
- How much I've been working on a task during the day
- How much time I've logged for the day
- By hovering, I can see how long each break I took was.

I've used several other time tracking services, and none of them made it this easy to cover those basic features.

Pros:
- Great day overview graphic.
- Easily see how long breaks where.
- Free for up to 5 users!

Cons:
- The UI isn't the most intuitive. Once you understand how things work, it's easy.
- Desktop app is for Windows only, so I can't take advantage of their automatic tracking.
- Reports don't generate any graphics, just line items with hours.

Currently the reports tell you things like "You spent 40 hours on this project", but I don't see a way to see a graphic that would tell me when I worked those 40 hours.

Overall, this a great tool for time tracking. My one piece of advice if you're thinking of trying TMetric: Commit to trying this for a week. You need to push past the initial setup and slight learning curve to enjoy how easy TMetric is to use.

Pluspunten

The thing I like most about TMetric is the "Today" page. It provides great information and makes time tracking quite simple.

Minpunten

The reports are fairly barebones... just the data. Wish the time tracking data was used to create graphics of how much work was done on each day/week/month for different projects.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 7.0/10

Stacy M.
Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

Long time user

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I like using Tmetric. It's easy to track my employees. the tech support is pretty responsive.

Pluspunten

I like that I can easily pull up information on a certain project, a certain time frame, a certain user, or a certain client. I can get an overview of what projects are active and how much I can expect to invoice.

Minpunten

It's not always intuitive, there is a bit of learning curve.
And there is no dashboard! I wish there was a dashboard that gives an overview of all the projects and users.

Antwoord van Devart

We appreciate your point of view. Thanks for the feedback. We'll take it into account.

Attila N.
Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Helped me to spend less time on accounting

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I have to account for my time amongst some projects and report back times spent. TMetric's browser plugin makes this accounting a very easy and time-saving effort.

Pluspunten

The best part is multi-device integrations, you can use your phone and browser plugin and they are all in sync.
I also like that the browser plugin can fetch data from the current context (like adding a button to a Jira ticket and filling up everything when you click on that).
Hm, no, the best part is for basic accounting the free version is enough. And if you need more features, you can always opt-in to the paid plans.
But frankly, the existence of the free option made me to start using it.

Minpunten

It would be nice if the browser plugin (firefox) could do search as you type (for searching past tasks).

Antwoord van Devart

Attila, thanks for your honest feedback. This feature is already available in TMetric.

Pablo L.
Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
Vertalen naar het Nederlands

A perfect tool for track my daily task

Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I had used tools like this in my desktop enviroment for years but I lost time every day writing the name of the task, project etc.. Since I use tmetric I can focus in my work without afraid of lossing my time because i didnt write.

Pluspunten

The most important thing for me is that you have not to write anything. There is a perfect integration between tools like redmine, github, google anf tmetric. So you don't need to do anything, just click on "start time" and the program do everithing.

Minpunten

Nothing. I think this is a perfect tool for mine.

Antwoord van Devart

Thanks a lot for the review, Pablo. Your opinion is important for our team.