Venmo

Digitale portemonnee en mobiele betalingsgateway

(9.124)

Eric R.
Eric R.
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2021

Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

Pluspunten

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

Minpunten

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Redenen om voor Venmo te kiezen

Venmo is easier and in use by more people than PayPal.

Redenen om over te stappen op Venmo

More people have Venmo and it's not tied to Zelle's limited bank list.
Chris
  • Sector: Beeldende kunst
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Venmo For Everyone

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2024

I love using Venmo. It has made sending and receiving money so easy.

I love using Venmo. It has made sending and receiving money so easy.

Pluspunten

I like the ease of use with Venmo. I can easily attach Veno to my bank account and send/ receive payments. It is so much faster than going out and withdrawing money. I have even used it as a payment option when I held a garage sale.

Minpunten

To transfer a balance to your bank account it either costs a percentage from you to have it deposited immediately or you have to wait 3 business days. Don't even try to transfer on the weekend.

Cathy
Cathy
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

By DEFAULT, all transactions are set to PUBLIC view!

Beoordeeld op 4-6-2022

It's impossible not to like Venmo. Everyone and their in-laws are using Venmo. No need to do anything, when everything has been done for you, right? It's Venmo all the way people!

Pluspunten

This is a social (relational) payment App, which makes it impossible for you NOT to find the person that owes you money and vice versa. With just very few information required upon signing up, you can begin to send or receive money to anyone, so long as they, too, have the Venmo App. The discreetness of Venmo is that no one can see where your money is coming from and going to. I'm referring to your bank accounts of course. Also, if the need ever arises that you would need to find someone, no worries, you would know who and who and who they were connected to.

Minpunten

The world of Venmo (everyone that is using Venmo) will be able to see what's happening down in your world of cash flow. Sugar Daddys? Cougar Mommas? Who you owe? Who owes you? By DEFAULT, all transactions are set to PUBLIC view. So unless, you want the world to know where your money flows, give special attention to your privacy status when you're in Venmo world.

• Sector: Administratie
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Venmo

Beoordeeld op 23-11-2023

I love Venmo it’s a great app to exchange money!

I love Venmo it’s a great app to exchange money!

Pluspunten

I love the fact that it’s easy to send and recieve money

That if you attach it to Zelle your funds will pending for 15 min

Jacob
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Venmo for business use

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2024

Venmo is a great tool to use for any business! It's quick and easy to use with little to no downside. The payment processing is quick and detailed! Sometimes venmo crashes when you need it most but overall I am very satisfied with my choice to use it for my business

Pluspunten

Venmo has quick payment processing and explains every step of the way where your money is at in the process. When someone pays for an item it notifies you immediately

Minpunten

Venmo can crash at times and cause major headaches when you need it most.

Tatiana
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Easy payment processing for business

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2024

Pluspunten

Easy to use and very convenient for customers to process payments

Minpunten

The usernames can be tricky and complicated for someone customers

Ana
  • Sector: Facilitaire diensten

Venmo Venmo

Pluspunten

Simple to navigate with transparent reasoning. The interface is highly intuitive. Fast way to transfer money.

Minpunten

I like everything about Venmo. No complains.

ANTHONY
  • Sector: Bouw

Venmo makes business Fun

Pluspunten

Alll the options that come with the app are great!! I dont need to sign up for any other app other then venmo.

Minpunten

What is there not too like its great. If I was too change anything it would be more invoice templates.

Stephanie
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy, secure and fun way of paying

Beoordeeld op 3-2-2024

One time I got logged off and customer service was able to get me in with no issues- I would recommend the app for its friendly user interphase, high level of security and excellent customer service

Pluspunten

One of my favorite things is that I can
Customize my payment name with emojis or add inside jokes. It makes it so fun to look at previous transactions!

Minpunten

Never had any issues! But if I could suggest something is more personalization of the venmo cards

Casey
  • Sector: Olie en energie

Venmo useage

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2024

Pluspunten

Venmo is easy to use. It is easy to send or receive money. Being able to view transaction history is essential. The monthly statements are great for budgeting.

Minpunten

There isn't really anything I do not like.

• Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

So easy and many friends, family and colleagues use this!

Beoordeeld op 19-2-2020

Love venmo! Literally use it with all my friends, family, colleagues, and businesses that accept payment via venmo. I rarely find someone who doesn't have this. It seems to be continously growing and asked of when coordinating payment of something. Highly recommend this software!

Pluspunten

Takes a few simple steps to set up and start your account/link to your bank. So many people use this app that i rarely find someone who doesn't have it. Makes going out and splitting the bill with friends so much easier - to paying your babysitter, hairdresser, or the person who grabbed coffee for you, and so much more in a matter of seconds. People can also charge you or you can charge others when they owe you to help remind them and stay organized. Besides using the app, they push notifications to you every time someone pays or charges you, as well as when you make payment to someone. They will even send you an email to help stay on top of things.

Minpunten

Only down side to this working in fundraising and as someone who makes philanthropic donations, many people want to donate through venmo but the platform isn't currently set up for this capability. I believe they are in a pilot mode for this capability but doesn't feel like they are moving fast enough on it and once it does go live, will it be easy to implement? Larger organizations have trouble with this, while i see smaller, less complex organizations being able to implement well. Huge potential though for this software!

Shannon
  • Sector: E-learning
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Venmo is a MUST HAVE

Beoordeeld op 26-1-2021

I know VENMO is owned by PayPal, but VENMO is so much better in the day to day of collecting and sending money. My kids have it, making is super easy for me to "pay them back" or for them to get paid by a neighbor for babysitting or helping out in some way. Also great for "collecting" from people for a teachers gift. Some cons: the default option is "public." Sort of like face book or Instagram, the list of "who" you have paid and your comment are public. The amount is not. I set mine to "private", but that is NOT the default. If you want to spy on your kids and their record is "public" it's super easy. Also, it must tie to a cell phone and only one VENMO account per cell phone number and per bank account. This can make it harder to get your kids on VENMO if they don't have an active cell number (google voice does not count!, I tried it). Also with your spouse/partner, they cannot be hooked up to the same bank account as you on VENMO. The functional outcome of this often is that just one of you may have VENMO on your device. Lastly, you need to know someone's VENMO ID first. If you pay the wrong person, there's no getting your money back unless they kindly return it. There is a cell phone verification process that helps though or you can "friend" someone first to be sure you have the right contact before sending money. The biggest pro, it's super quick. You can request or send money almost instantly. Definite must-have. Get a friend to show you how to use it.

Pluspunten

Super easy to transfer funds to anyone. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to request or send money. No more "not collecting" from friends for "their share" of the night out, you just send a "request". Very easy to send a tip or pay a babysitter.

Minpunten

You can't tie your VENMO to a savings account.
Must have a cell number, google voice doesn't count.
Can be hard to search for people.
Setting default is "public" meaning others can see who you have sent money to and what you wrote in the comments.
You must write something in the comments or put an emoji for each transaction even if you don't want to.

Sean
Sean
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Perfect for accepting payments as a small business and band

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2021

We use Venmo to accept many forms of payment for shows and merchandise sales and I could not be happier with our results in doing so. We can now accept more in payment from fans and friends where in the past it was dependant upon whether they had cash in hand or not. I cannot say enough good things about Venmo in regard to is making the lives of small businesses and bands easier in the current time.

Pluspunten

Makes taking payment for anything (t-shirts, vinyls, tickets) incredibly easy as the user pool is so vast that nearly anyone you come into contact with will have this app on their smartphone. It makes our lives as musicians increasingly easy as the world becomes more digital and has increased our revenue ten fold. We no longer have to swipe any cards or accept cash only as shows now that we use venmo as our primary point of sale.

Minpunten

SOmetimes the scanning of other profiles does not work as intended. This feature working properly is incredibly useful and when it works properly it takes out the guessing in payment forwarding which is very nice.

Square Payments

Redenen om over te stappen op Venmo

Venmo is much more widely accepted by our customer base and therefore the decision was a no-brainer for me and my team.
Krishnamoorthy
Krishnamoorthy
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy way to send and receive money

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2021

Venmo does not charge recurring fees, such as monthly or yearly fees, like other payment services. When sending money from a bank account, debit card, or your Venmo balance, there are no fees charged. Payment apps charge a 3 percent fee for credit card transactions, which is typical throughout the industry. There are also no fees associated with receiving money or transferring it to your bank account, unless you choose an immediate transfer rather than a regular transfer.
Venmo has a unique selling point in that it is not your normal payment app. Likes, comments, and messages are linked to each payment in this payments software, which incorporates popular social network elements such as likes, comments, and messages. Others, on the other hand, believe that it makes money transfers more enjoyable, which some users find to be true.

Pluspunten

It is quick and simple to use. Finally, but certainly not least, it has a large user base, which means that many of your connections may already be using it. Venmo's success may be attributed in large part to its simplicity of use. There is very little of a learning curve. You may download it and begin sending and receiving money within minutes of installing it. Using Venmo to divide costs is also a breeze since it provides an on-screen calculator when you transfer or request money from someone. You may also send or request the same amount from several people at the same time if you're sharing a bill with a group of people.

Minpunten

Once you've made a payment via Venmo, there is no way to reverse it. The money is sent promptly to the intended recipient. If you need a payment to be refunded, Venmo advises that you contact the receiver and request the money back. Other than that, you may request that Venmo's customer service reverse the payment on your behalf; however, they can only do so if the receiver accepts, if their account is in good shape, and if they still have the cash in the bank.

Payoneer

Redenen om voor Venmo te kiezen

Venmo had more features and a better mobile user interface.

Cash App

Redenen om over te stappen op Venmo

Personal transactions can be made using Venmo, instantly.
Lena
  • Sector: Diergeneeskunde

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Venmo for business is a must

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2022

I think Venmo is a great option for businesses to accept payments. It has trust, security, and financial stability, so I don’t have to worry about mine or my customers information being stolen or my money being lost. I like that I am able to use across everything I need, from mobile payments to pos. It is so easy to use and I can track all of my sales and history easily.

Pluspunten

I like the many payment options, the ease of use, and the trust I have for the company.

Minpunten

There are some features that should be more customizable, and the fees could be a bit more competitive.

Redenen om voor Venmo te kiezen

The features were more convenient and it is easier to use and control my money.

It has more versatility
Aaron
  • Sector: Automotive

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Venmo has to be the best

Beoordeeld op 19-2-2020

Pluspunten

Venmo is great! I downloaded the mobile app almost 2 years ago when I first heard about it and now I use it daily. This past summer I ran a local auto detailing business and many of my customers asked me if I took Venmo as a paying option, and sure enough, I did! This made things so helpful as each payment was instant and on the spot. Another great feature of the app is how user-friendly it is and easy to follow. Personally, I would recommend Venmo to anyone, whether it is for business, personal use, or friends.

Minpunten

I do prefer Venmo as my money exchange app of choice, but it is not perfect in my opinion. I think that a portion of the "friend" features could be improved to avoid any privacy issues. Some of the capabilities that Venmo allows you to do can allow people to view all your transactions and friends. People and their money can be a careful subject so safety and privacy should be Venmo's concern.

Elena
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Fast. Safe. Confident - guaranteed.

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2020

Being a non-profit organization, Border Town Betties Pinup Social Club was - just like many other similar organizations - hit hardly by covid restrictions and cancellation. Naturally, we've transferred most of our activities and events online. Those of course included raffles, online auctions, donations and also funds from our charity sales. Venmo helped us successfully provide our supporters a convenient, easy and (what's the most important at the times of pandemics) safe and totally contactless way to pay for merchandise or donate to support a charity cause. We have an absolutely solid peace of mind, knowing that we can always rely on Venmo customer support when it comes to keeping track of all transactions, keeping our customers data safe and answering really fast to whatever concerns might appear. I personally think Venmo is a really useful innovation which improves lives of small business owners and saves them tons of time and nerves.

Pluspunten

I like how easy Venmo is to operate and use, how much the developers put into users' sensitive data safety, fraud protection and guaranteed timely and prompt transactions. It's easy to use and fairly priced, perfect for a small business in our trying times.

Minpunten

I would like to see a credit line or other similar products available from Venmo. I would also like to have an opportunity of shared savings account and other banking products from this company.

Redenen om over te stappen op Venmo

It appeared more innovative, less complicated and easier to operate. And guess what - so it was. I'm happy with my choice.
Aaron
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Venmo offers and quick and easy way to send and receive money, but has questionable privacy

Beoordeeld op 20-10-2021

Beyond the privacy issues, Venmo is really easy to use and a fairly good experience. If it was not for the fact that transactions are made public by default, I would easily recommend Venmo to everyone.

Pluspunten

Venmo makes it really easy to send and receive money to friends, family and businesses.

The setup is relatively painless, especially if your bank supports "Plaid" verification (otherwise you will need to manually enter your bank account info and wait a day or two for verification). Venmo also support sending/receiving payment via credit cards or debit cards, but with a 3% processing fee.

In addition, Venmo supports business profiles (as by default, theoretically, your profile is for personal use only).

Minpunten

The absolute biggest downside to Venmo is its questionable privacy policies and settings. By default, all of your transactions are made public, anyone who knows your username can see what transactions you have made (both sending and receiving). You can change these settings, but Venmo makes it unnecessarily difficult - first you need to change your privacy settings to "private," making all of your future transactions private; second you need to make all of your past payments private, as even by changing your settings to "private" this will only affect future transactions. Perhaps more troubling is that Venmo largely hides its privacy policies.

Business profiles are nice, as to make it more "legitimate," but they do come at a cost of 1.9% + 10¢ per transaction. This is fairly typical, but it is always frustrating that the same service is free for personal use but not for business use.

Redenen om over te stappen op Venmo

I use a combination of different payments apps beyond Venmo including Square Cash, PayPal and Apple Pay and Zelle. Each have their benefits/pitfalls, but you can easily use one or all of the options without them conflicting with each other.
Phoebe
  • Sector: E-learning

Safe Way to Send Money

Beoordeeld op 6-4-2020

With Venmo, I am able to easily transfer and receive money from people. I have never had any problems with Venmo which makes my experience very positive. I am happy to recommend Venmo to my friends especially since they are in college where it is very useful in selling textbooks and receiving monthly bills from housemates!

Pluspunten

I love the ability to send money and personalize the memos that go with it. It is much more personal, fun, interactive, and user friendly compared to PayPal. There is also the ability to transfer money into your account quickly if you need the funds for a very low cost. The interface is easy to use and understand for everyone who is of the eligible age to use Venmo. You can transfer money for whatever reason! I personally use it for bills and even research incentives for research participants.

Minpunten

I love everything about Venmo. I find it easy to use and I have no problems with using it. Some people may find the verification process annoying however, it is a way to make sure your bank account and personal information is not being breached.

• Sector: Entertainment

Venmo is a TOP Choice to Send Money

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019

I use this app weekly for small payments and paybacks here and there. Sometimes a client asks to use this app instead of any other payment source so being able to track that is imperative. I have never had an issue with my funds with this app and that makes me feel secure and happy to keep using the app. I use it even more than paypal, cashapp or any other payments received app.

Pluspunten

I've been using Venmo for years now and the main things I like about the app are ease of use and low/no fees. I constantly have people ask me if I use Venmo which means mainstream adoption. Its easy to send payments to others or receive them, especially with the QR code. And I've never had an issue with the app or transfer of funds. I love how funds are instant transactions and quickly done in a few moments time.

Minpunten

I feel it could use some more features such as transaction history, download .csv files and I don't feel the community feature really adds anything to the software itself. Literally no reason for it in my opinion. Perhaps allowing to buy, accept or transfer cryptocurrencies would be good (like Cash app does). I've heard rumors of limiting the amount of received funds in a month and some accounts have been blocked for this?

Square for Retail

Redenen om over te stappen op Venmo

Because it's easy to use and more people use this than the other apps. It's fast.
Kylie
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Money sharing App that has revolutionized payments for personal and business use alike

Beoordeeld op 14-9-2021

We enjoy being able to provide another way of payments. Most of our clients pay over the phone and not on-site so it provides them a way to send money without being present at our office. I am able to send and receive money to employees for gas reimbursements without writing a check or having cash on hand.

Pluspunten

I love the ease of use of this product. I am able to send and receive payments for my business with the simple click of a few buttons. I can also transfer funds to my bank and link my bank to make payments when my balance within the app isn't high enough for what I need to send. It is great for tip splitting between employees and has saved many issues with petty cash.

Minpunten

My least favorite thing is the lag between the transfer of funds to my bank. You can pay a small fee to get it instantly but I usually just wait for the free transfer. It is always a timely turnaround.

Redenen om over te stappen op Venmo

I decided to use Venmo because I liked their bank integration, a lot of people in my area are already users and didn't need to download the app to pay their invoices and the looks and ease of use of the phone app. It fit really well with my needs and was visually and operationally well done.
Sierra
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

The only Money Exchange I use

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2021

I recommend Venmo to everyone. I refuse to use any other money payments sites other than Venmo. It is easy to use and quick to navigate.

Pluspunten

My most liked feature of Venmo is that the swap between individuals is quick and easy and processed in real time. I do not have to wait to be paid or risk having cash.

Minpunten

I least like the processing fee for an immediate transfer to my bank account. Although, this is a feature i rarely us I still am bummed out by the fee.

Easy and more appealing.

Easy and more appealing.
Ronnie
  • Sector: Geestelijke gezondheidszorg

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A Welcome Addition to our Payment Processinf

Beoordeeld op 18-9-2021

Our payment processing philosophy has shifted in the last several to transition from accepting cards using an on-site card reader, cash, or checks, to nearly a dozen different options. Because of the prevalence of mobile payment options that exist, we have attempted to accept payments in as many forms as possible, with Venmo being a major addition in this philosophy shift. Making a payment is now much more effortless for our clients, who can use an app they are already familiar with to quickly transfer money in a manner of seconds. Because it takes so few steps to complete transaction, we are seeing significant decreases in the amount of time between bills being sent out and money being received. For donations, Venmo has been a tremendous asset to us. Spur of the moment gifts at offsite events have greatly increased because donors can quickly send donations without having to provide any financial information to us. The ease of use and the security Venmo affords our clients means we not only get paid quicker, but we also receive more funds overall.

Pluspunten

Venmo's popularity with the population we serve due to its top-notch peer-to-peer payment functions has led to an increase in payments received, providing us both with more revenue as well as more timely payments. We have transitioned from accepting the majority of our payments via check to receiving nearly 80% of our payments through onsite card transactions and virtual payments. Being able to accept payments via Venmo makes the billing process convenient for clients who might delay paying due to the multitude of steps involved in writing and mailing a check. Most importantly, the transaction process is so quick and seamless for the client that a 30 second phone call can easily result in a bill being paid that might otherwise take weeks to collect.

Minpunten

Venmo provides an instant deposit feature that costs 1.5% to transfer money into our general funds, while a 2-3 day transfer is free. This gives us a financial incentive to avoid the instant transfer, but it also results in funds being inaccessible for several days.

Jared
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Venmo User Review

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

Venmo has made using multiple credit cards for a purchase obsolete. It has also allowed traditionally cash only transactions to be completed digitally. This app has reduced the need for me to carry cash.

Pluspunten

Convenience is the best thing about venmo, almost all of my friends have the app and it makes sending money quick and easy. You can quickly transfer your venmo balance into your bank account which enables me to split bills with friends when doing a group activity or are out to dinner.

Minpunten

The worst part about venmo is that once a payment has been sent, the payment is final. Venmo has built in some features to prevent users from paying the wrong person, but it still leaves this payment system open to fraud. Someone can promise to do something for a venmo payment and not provide the goods/services, but still keep the payment as venmo will not help the sender recover the funds.

• Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Payment got easier

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2019

So happy to use this amazing product. Makes payment pain-free and quick.

So happy to use this amazing product. Makes payment pain-free and quick.

Pluspunten

The easiest way to pay for something is through venmo. With a couple of clicks you can pay, making it the most efficient and safe way to pay someone. And no service fees

Minpunten

Right now alot of sites/organizations/ people do not take venmo. I believe in the coming years this will be the main payment system throughout businesses.

Redenen om voor Venmo te kiezen

Price and easier to use.

No service fees