Square for Retail

POS en voorraadbeheer voor detailhandelbedrijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
Functies
Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Maddie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Square for small business retail

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2018

Square was a cheap way for me to reach a larger demographic of people at the markets, it adds to my business's professionalism and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pluspunten

I love the convenience of swiping a card, I love that it pays out quickly (far quicker than over my website) and it keeps peoples information from past square interactions they've done so you can send them a receipt.

Minpunten

I would love to have an offline setting so it could save the cards and charge when you reconnect. I don't always have a connection at the markets I'm working. I'm working currently with the smallest square phone connection so I also look forward to updating to the version that accepts debit cards too

Alex
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2019

I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

Pluspunten

The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Minpunten

The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

Venmo

Redenen om over te stappen op Square for Retail

The popularity among companies meant ease of use.
Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Less features than free version

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2017

Pluspunten

The new inventory management could have been a great feature. However, it eliminates the ability to enter inventory manually. It has the ability to process returns, however eliminates the ability to use other functions available in the free version.

Minpunten

The retail version has less features than the free version. Inventory can only be uploaded and can not be entered manually. The upload feature does include field matching, so it is a very, very laborious to convert from another system. Customer service is virtually non existent and not available on the weekends. We use have two square stands in our retail store. We love the current square system and were excited about the retail version and willing to pay the fee for both registers. We are looking for a more robust inventory system and POS and were excited about continuing with square. The new Square App does not come close to other POS systems . Very disappointing. I hope square improves this software before we select an alternative.

Trincell
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Easy Sales and Storefeont

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2021

I was the one assisting a friend with setting up her storefront while working on mine as well. Through mine I invoiced to accept payment for items on hand or orders personally placed with me.

Pluspunten

User friendly platform to load your storefront with products. Present templates that are also customizable to your liking. Integration of an inventory model to track what you have left on hand.

Minpunten

Have a plan for your products of offering multiple size and/or color options before entering on the site. It's much harder to edit and change the categories once it's set. Know what your page intent is as well ahead of schedule.

PayPal en Venmo

Redenen om over te stappen op Square for Retail

Added alternative means for my customers to pay and shop.
Lauren
  • Sector: Automotive
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Game changer!

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

I love it! I was searching for months and researching all different types of POS software and hardware and always came back to Square being the best bet. The quality is just there. The ease of use, the sleek feel, great customer service and great rates. I trust Square with my business and so should you!

Pluspunten

I love how easy everything is to setup and use. No crazy long instructions to try to figure out and there aren’t multiple steps for just one thing. So user friendly. Love that everything is in one. Checkout features, inventory, clocking, card processing everything. They offer so much more too than just what I use. Amazing!

Minpunten

The cost of hardware is kind of pricey but honest the value and quality is there so I can’t really complain!

PayPal Commerce Platform en Clover

Redenen om voor Square for Retail te kiezen

I felt like Square was more reliable.

Redenen om over te stappen op Square for Retail

Again, the overall quality, reviews, rates and great service.
Carrie
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Terrible Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2022

Square has served it's purpose and opened a new way for transaction processing. Luckily there are now many other options.

Pluspunten

Simple enough to add products and check out.

Minpunten

After using square POS for a few years, we switched to Shopify bc we also had an online store and needed to consolidate systems. We continued to pay for Square for a year although we were no longer using the system for anything other than to access old orders. When our office manager canceled the paid account, Square no longer allowed us to access the account at all. Our office manager spent several hours and finally got access. We were not informed that all other user accounts would be closed and that the only way to access old records would be through the owner email account. I called square to ask about being locked out of my account and the customer service rep ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]?) was incredibly rude, unhelpful, and sarcastic. I'm happy that we no longer use Square solely based on the customer service. Additionally, the processing fees went up drastically for us when we began offering one CBD product (THC free) out of several hundred products in our store.

Michelle
  • Anders 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Square Use by Non-Profit

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2020

We chose this software because we needed a way to take credit card payments that didn't involve opening up a web browser on a computer and hand entering in numbers. We use the readers and software to take in person payments at events. This has been such a great improvement to how we used to do it. It has sped up the registration process a lot. it has also given us an easy way to take payments for t shirts and pins at events where we could only take cash previously.

Pluspunten

This was one of the least expensive options for taking credit card payments at events. When we signed up we even got 1 credit card reader for free. (Note that you do need reader 1 fore android phones and 1 for iphones). It was very easy to sign up and we got our card readers very quickly. The software is easy to use. I like that you can have multiple users. Also, a lot of people recognize and trust square so they have no issues providing their cards for scanning.

Minpunten

We haven't used the service/software for a long enough time to encounter any major bugs. Some cards (older, worn down) have a harder time scanning than others but that is a card issue, not an issue with the scanner.

Shanna

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to Use / Track Sales!

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2022

Overall it is easy for all of our team members to use!

Pluspunten

We use square daily to keep track of sold items / integrate inventory / keep track of customers purchases.

Minpunten

We do not have any cons that come to mind!

Laura
  • Sector: Entertainment
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

The best Point of Purchase credit card processing

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2021

I am very pleased with Square overall. Compact size, quick processing, and all of my customers are comfortable using it.

Pluspunten

There are so many great features with the Square for retail. The ease of use is at the top of my list. It hooks up with my phone and never misses a beat.

Minpunten

I have not had any issues using this software. Even when I dont have a signal, it keeps the transaction in que and processes it when a signal is present.

Savannah
  • Maandelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Square for Retail

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2021

I love Square and have had a great overall experience with them. Customer service is great and there's TONS of online help if you need helping finding something or directions.

Pluspunten

I love how convenient it is to have this POS system for our business. We're able to set it up on the go and really able to make our customers feel comfortable giving us their credit/debit cards for processing payments. It's fast and great for our business

Minpunten

You need an internet connection for this POS system and it's not super cheap. However, the pros definitely out way any cons about this POS system.

Kathryn

Awesome Product

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019

Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

Pluspunten

I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Minpunten

Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

Stripe

Redenen om over te stappen op Square for Retail

Square was so much easier to use.
Julianne
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

Best POS system I've found

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2019

As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Pluspunten

Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Minpunten

Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

Keturah

Simple and easy to use

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2020

My experience with it has been very good. To the point that I have no need or desire to change it. I can save peoples data on file to make that easier for them. I can run necessary reports as needed. I could do more with it however we really don't have the need for it.

Pluspunten

I use this for 2 purposes, 1) for our synagogue's gift shop and sales 2) as an option for our members to submit their tithes and offerings. I have both the simple square reader that I can use from my iphone as well as the stabilized system that holds the ipad with the card swiper and chip reader attachment. It is just so easy to use. I also like that the funds are moved to our accounts with out me having to move it or request it to be moved. I also like that the fee is taken out first then the amount is deposited rather that the full amound being deposited and a fee taken out monthly. It just simplifies it.

Minpunten

I really don't have any complaints about it. I have used it before in my personal business and recommended it for the synagogue. There was a time that you would have had to invest in a credit card machine that was much more expensive. I am glad that something like square came along.

Jackie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to use for all people

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

We need to be able to track which massage therapist saw which client, and with the notes section, we are able to do so with ease. We can also track commission on products that way making sure no transaction gets left behind. We also use square for our payroll. Having it all linked to one account is great!

Pluspunten

Square was very easy to navigate. It has many options to customize the software to fit any business’s needs. You can write a custom note about each transaction, making it easy to review the register at the end of the day.

Minpunten

I haven’t ran into any problems with the software. As a massage & wellness center, we often do events and need to take our ‘cash register’ with us. Square makes it easy using the same credit card reader for in house transactions or cell phones on the go. It is all tracked the same way.

Tahnee
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2017

Pluspunten

I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

Minpunten

The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Kimberly
  • Sector: Kleding en mode

Love it!

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2019

It's been great! No problem other than the name issue.

Pluspunten

Super easy to use and phenomenal customer service! I've had it for 6 months and never had a problem with the software.

Minpunten

No cons except, there is no way to change your name with square. I got divorced and wanted to change my last name on square after I had it legally changed and they said I would have to start a new account from scratch. So now I'm stuck with that last name for my business.

Travis
  • Sector: Musea en instituten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The new way to handle Point of sale

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2021

We started using Square just for events then migrated to using it for all of our credit card transactions and now we use it for our entire point of sale.

Pluspunten

The overall ease of use is great. But the real winner for our organization was that the merchant fees were so much more reasonable than our prior merchant. The ability to track inventory is also very helpful, and has simplified my life.

Minpunten

The void system being only for restaurant usage is a bit frustrating. The reporting system could also use more options for customization.

Amy
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great product!

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2020

I would definitely recommend this product to somebody just for the ease-of-use alone! If you are a crafter or a small business owner who travels and has a booth instead of brick and mortar for a store I highly recommend this product for easy travel! Or even if you are a store that has brick and mortar it is so easy to add and change your inventory but I also highly recommend this product for you!

Pluspunten

I love using my square register for my retail as a crafter and a writer. I go around to craft shows to sell my books and my products and I use Square all the time. It is a great product because it is so easy to use and I can use it right on my phone which makes it even simpler so I don't have to log a laptop or another credit card processing system with me.

Minpunten

The only problem I have with this product is the fact that the percentages for the processing fees keep going up. Not making very much as a crafter or a writer every penny counts. I wish there was a way to minimize the processing fee .

Larry
  • Sector: Vastgoed

No confusing statements

Beoordeeld op 10-6-2021

I am a mobile type business and also can easily take payment over the phone or easily swipe a card if available, without carrying around a very large terminal.

Pluspunten

It is easy to use and I know exactly what my fees are going to be as it is not dependent on a certain type of card which may unknowingly charge me a higher rate. Overall the platform is easy to use.

Minpunten

I really don't have any thing bad to say about the software or platform except maybe I do wonder about if I ever have to contact customer service I have heard that is very hard to get problems addressed or make personal contact with a customer service representative.

Lynn
  • Sector: Bouw

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Square for Retail is the easiest I have ever used.

Beoordeeld op 25-10-2018

This product is perfect for my needs. Works exactly as described on their website and support (if needed) is immediate and complete. Use with confidence.

Pluspunten

Very easy to use. Quick email confirmation / almost instant at times. Fast turn around when actually getting the money into my bank account. I use it A LOT for credit card purchases over the phone (no card present). Yes, the fees are about .5% higher but always very FAST and very Reliable.

Minpunten

Nothing. I only use the remote card swiper when at a seminar or speaking engagement.

Mim
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Super easy to use and avoids the common problem of not having cash on hand!

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2020

I appreciate that this system exists for business owners as I use it often when shopping locally. I rarely carry cash around anymore, so it's super helpful to have a system like this to utilize. I also trust it more than having to "securely" pay someone through another system that involves sending them a payment vs being able to swipe my card using the magnetic strip reader.

Pluspunten

Living in an area where there are a lot of community events (farmers markets), smaller boutiques and local shops, I tend to use this as a consumer a lot. I love how simple it is to utilize when I'm checking out, how it allows me to use a card vs having to carry cash around.

Minpunten

I can't think of any cons to this system as a consumer and user of it. There might be charges incurred for the business owners that implement or purchase the system, but I would say it is definitely worth it from a consumer-standpoint.

Matt

• Klantenondersteuning

One of my core software solutions

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018

Pluspunten

I use Square almost daily for my coffee roasting company. Its easy to use, easy to train others to use, and easy to customize for my ever changing inventory.

Minpunten

Sometimes I wish the Square app had the same functionality as the Square website. For example, invoices are easier to work with on the web vs. working with them on the app. You can't print invoices from the app, yet you can from the web interface. Just little things like that. Not huge, but minor annoyances.

James
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to get started and expand as you grow!

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019

Outstanding overall. Square is super reliable and user friendly.

Pluspunten

I like how easy it is to create a great looking online storefront. Clean and simple design options, easy to add/delete items, keep track of inventory, and an endless list of benefits!

Minpunten

It is limited as far as page layout and imagery! The gift card function is not displayable on the product pages... or if it is I've not yet figured it out.

Brian

Great Cost Effective System for Small Business Use

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2022

We love this system and have had no issues. We've been using it for about 4 years and it has met every need, saving us time, and is cost-effective for the features it provides.

Pluspunten

The ease of implementation of the square system was excellent. Once implemented, managing and controlling items and inventory is simple and efficient. The POS system is easy to manage and use, easy to train our staff on, and customizable for all of our needs. The reporting system gives us all the information we need to summarize our sales data, run sales tax reports, and more.

Minpunten

There is not much to not like. For our small business the software works wonderfully, if we had a large variety of items the POS system might get more complicated, but not for us.

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to accept payments on the go and fantastic integration

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2020

I can charge for my uploaded products from Etsy (which love updates), or enter a specific dollar amount when charging a different price or charging for a product that hasn’t been listed online in my store. I get paid in a reasonable amount of time and it easily integrates with the rest of my shop for recording keeping.

Pluspunten

Along with the square credit card reader, I’m easily able to accept payments from my customers in person. I love that this is integrated with my Etsy shop. I’m easily able to charge for specific products, update my inventory when making a sale, and still keep track of the transaction inside my Etsy account.

Minpunten

The only thing I don’t particularly like is the up charge for accessing funds immediately, but I can usually wait the couple of days to get paid and it’s not a big deal.