Square for Retail reviews

Square for Retail

POS en voorraadbeheer voor detailhandelbedrijven

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Maddie
Maddie
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Square for small business retail

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2018

Square was a cheap way for me to reach a larger demographic of people at the markets, it adds to my business's professionalism and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pluspunten

I love the convenience of swiping a card, I love that it pays out quickly (far quicker than over my website) and it keeps peoples information from past square interactions they've done so you can send them a receipt.

Minpunten

I would love to have an offline setting so it could save the cards and charge when you reconnect. I don't always have a connection at the markets I'm working. I'm working currently with the smallest square phone connection so I also look forward to updating to the version that accepts debit cards too

Daniel

Excellent Software with Hardware Shortcomings

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2021

Overall, Square for Retail is a powerful software that allows you to take sales portably with a very small footprint. However, the hardware has catching up to do.

Pluspunten

Square easily handles transactions for our church book stall. It provides up-to-date inventory and online reporting for tax purposes. You can easily add sales, promotions, and other tailor-made functions.

Minpunten

What I like least about this software is the hardware. We utilize the Square Terminal, which was attractive as a portable register in that it takes credit cards via swipe and chip, but also prints receipts. The optional scanner is even nicer to use. However, for the scanner to work, the terminal must be plugged into an outlet, which robs it of its portable nature. Additionally, adding inventory via the Terminal is cumbersome and slow. Imagine typing in inventory titles using a small smart phone that is slower than a smart phone.

Clover

Redenen om over te stappen op Square for Retail

Square for Retail was a more reputable brand with better rates via the Terminal and had more attractive hardware in its Terminal product.
Carrie
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Terrible Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2022

Square has served it's purpose and opened a new way for transaction processing. Luckily there are now many other options.

Pluspunten

Simple enough to add products and check out.

Minpunten

After using square POS for a few years, we switched to Shopify bc we also had an online store and needed to consolidate systems. We continued to pay for Square for a year although we were no longer using the system for anything other than to access old orders. When our office manager canceled the paid account, Square no longer allowed us to access the account at all. Our office manager spent several hours and finally got access. We were not informed that all other user accounts would be closed and that the only way to access old records would be through the owner email account. I called square to ask about being locked out of my account and the customer service rep ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]?) was incredibly rude, unhelpful, and sarcastic. I'm happy that we no longer use Square solely based on the customer service. Additionally, the processing fees went up drastically for us when we began offering one CBD product (THC free) out of several hundred products in our store.

Dannyelle
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

Online Ordering through Retail

Beoordeeld op 5-4-2023

Overall great, we use Square throughout our business and it covers our bases. A few flaws that can get frustrating here and there in the matter of being able to customize things to do exactly what we need it to be, but overall it's pretty good!

Pluspunten

We specifically use Square for Restaurants POS system for our taproom system, which also ties into our mobile payments, but we do use Square for Retail as the basis for our online ordering page through Wix, as it works best for hosting that site for orders. It works great, we can track inventory and orders and such, it does what we need it to do!

Minpunten

Honestly, the only thing I wish was different was that we didn't have to use Retail and could just use Restaurants for our online ordering, but the retails works for it better and it functions so it's fine.

Toast POS

Redenen om over te stappen op Square for Retail

We were already using Square for ever other aspect of our business, so honestly, it makes sense!
Renee
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Convenient, easy to use POS for small business

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2023

Overall, Square has simplified our POS system and with its easy to use reporting, we are able to manage our books quicker and more accurately.

Pluspunten

The ability to take Square from our main location, to mobile and take payment anywhere

Connectivity issues with WIFI occasionally

Lauren
  • Sector: Automotive
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Game changer!

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

I love it! I was searching for months and researching all different types of POS software and hardware and always came back to Square being the best bet. The quality is just there. The ease of use, the sleek feel, great customer service and great rates. I trust Square with my business and so should you!

Pluspunten

I love how easy everything is to setup and use. No crazy long instructions to try to figure out and there aren’t multiple steps for just one thing. So user friendly. Love that everything is in one. Checkout features, inventory, clocking, card processing everything. They offer so much more too than just what I use. Amazing!

Minpunten

The cost of hardware is kind of pricey but honest the value and quality is there so I can’t really complain!

PayPal Commerce Platform en Clover

Redenen om voor Square for Retail te kiezen

I felt like Square was more reliable.

Redenen om over te stappen op Square for Retail

Again, the overall quality, reviews, rates and great service.
Michelle
  • Anders 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Square Use by Non-Profit

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2020

We chose this software because we needed a way to take credit card payments that didn't involve opening up a web browser on a computer and hand entering in numbers. We use the readers and software to take in person payments at events. This has been such a great improvement to how we used to do it. It has sped up the registration process a lot. it has also given us an easy way to take payments for t shirts and pins at events where we could only take cash previously.

Pluspunten

This was one of the least expensive options for taking credit card payments at events. When we signed up we even got 1 credit card reader for free. (Note that you do need reader 1 fore android phones and 1 for iphones). It was very easy to sign up and we got our card readers very quickly. The software is easy to use. I like that you can have multiple users. Also, a lot of people recognize and trust square so they have no issues providing their cards for scanning.

Minpunten

We haven't used the service/software for a long enough time to encounter any major bugs. Some cards (older, worn down) have a harder time scanning than others but that is a card issue, not an issue with the scanner.

Eric
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Small little POS at your finger tips

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2022

Its what we needed in a pinch to get sales orders working on the field at events. It worked well for conferences and venues.

Pluspunten

It was easy to setup and start using when you need it. You connect it to your phone and use it as a normal POS you would in a store

Minpunten

Support isn't always easy to get a hold of and it wouldn't integrate it with our system. This is more for small business use and not for tracking and reporting on analytics.

Shanna

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to Use / Track Sales!

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2022

Overall it is easy for all of our team members to use!

Overall it is easy for all of our team members to use!

Pluspunten

We use square daily to keep track of sold items / integrate inventory / keep track of customers purchases.

Minpunten

We do not have any cons that come to mind!

Lynn
  • Sector: Religieuze instellingen

Great Mobile POS

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2022

Pluspunten

Cost and set up were both affordable and easy, plus transactions were never an issue on any device or credit card. The processing fees were very reasonable for our use. The reporting features were very straight forward to implement in our CMS tools.

Minpunten

Nothing!!! Could not find an issue if we wanted to, the hardware and software worked flawlessly.

Itzak
  • Sector: Sport
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Perfect POS for small business owners

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2021

Incredibly user friendly, nicely designed interface and overall no issues.

Incredibly user friendly, nicely designed interface and overall no issues.

Pluspunten

Square pretty much takes all the leg work out of setting up a POS system for any business, but I'll speak specifically as a small business owner.
-If you're a first time small business owner, save yourself the headache and just go with Square; you might be able to get a lower merchant fees rate with another service, but then you have to deal with the hassle of setting up a separate POS register, possibly a separate app you'd have to setup on an iPad if that's what you plan to use, setting up the merchant account, etc. With Square, it's all wrapped into one easy setup.
-Easy to setup on an iPad, create a catalog of items to sell and process payments
-The item catalog screen is very user friendly and customizable
-Doing refunds is easy
-Reports are incredibly easy to run
-Square integrates with QuickBooks online, so it's been seamless to link all my Square sales to my accounting books and makes my tax filings much more accurate
-Creating invoices is also easy and gives a professional look to my invoice emails
-Ability to create forms that require signature, so no need for another digital signature service (unless you need more details, see Cons below)

Minpunten

-I wish you could have the same virtual terminal on the iPad on desktop as well. There have been times when my iPad crapped out and had to use my laptop, and it's not the same experience.
-If you're using the signature service for forms that you need to send out, it only records the signature itself and nothing else. Either it's a user error on my part, or they need to update it, but it needs more customization.

Michael
  • Sector: Alternatieve geneeskunde

Let Square free You

Beoordeeld op 2-6-2022

I Get paid without having to run around the office

I Get paid without having to run around the office

Pluspunten

I love that I can use my Square terminal anywhere. Whether I am at an event or in the back room, I can get paid.

Minpunten

I do find that sometimes the payouts can be confusing

Elizabeth

Square Payments Processing is a good credit card processing system

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019

Square is very convenient specially attending off-site events. We were able to get it up and going at any time. Other Points of Sales software is very clunky when it comes to a mobile application. Because of the versatility and ease of use, we do recommend it for small businesses.

Pluspunten

Square is a payment processing system with supporting systems such as Point of Sale. We initially did the trial period to determine if it meets our requirements. It was very user-friendly and easy to use. The training was easy for the staff. If we had any issues, customer support from Square was always available. Sometimes we did have a short wait, but issues were always resolved.

Minpunten

Square didn't have a many features as other Point of Sales software. Reporting and analytics were pretty limited. The software did have some, but not as much as we needed.

Support was available, but sometimes we had to wait to get help.

Edgar
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Small business turned Large with Square

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2022

Square has helped my business scale to greater heights, more than I could have imagined. The POS is a great addition. My favorite feature is the management of customers, receipts, and automated thank you messages. If I was not using Square but ran into someone using it, I would surely be jumping ship.

Pluspunten

Square is free and easy to maneuver. With no experience, Square appointments made it easy to start my business and manage it. Customers can book on the platform and I can manage appointments and inventory, as well as run my website.

Minpunten

Square is easily the first choice for anyone trying to start a business. However, some features may seem a challenge to access without any guidance or guide. An example is learning about taxes being applied the first time I used the POS system. Coincidentally, the party I was conducting business with was a tax-exempt business and I had no idea how to bypass the tax.

• Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A great tool for any small business

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2018

Pluspunten

Both interfaces are very easy to use. There are many features to make your business look professional, like sending receipts via email and text and asking for feedback after a transaction. Adding line items is very easy, which is convenient for businesses that are changing prices or items frequently.

Minpunten

As much as I love this product it could definitely still use some tweaking. The biggest complaint is the fact that you are forced to buy multiple card readers for your iPad because they stop reading cards after a while which subsequently forces you to enter the card manually which you are then charged more money for.

Kimberly
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Love it!

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2019

It's been great! No problem other than the name issue.

It's been great! No problem other than the name issue.

Pluspunten

Super easy to use and phenomenal customer service! I've had it for 6 months and never had a problem with the software.

Minpunten

No cons except, there is no way to change your name with square. I got divorced and wanted to change my last name on square after I had it legally changed and they said I would have to start a new account from scratch. So now I'm stuck with that last name for my business.

Travis
  • Sector: Musea en instituten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The new way to handle Point of sale

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2021

We started using Square just for events then migrated to using it for all of our credit card transactions and now we use it for our entire point of sale.

Pluspunten

The overall ease of use is great. But the real winner for our organization was that the merchant fees were so much more reasonable than our prior merchant. The ability to track inventory is also very helpful, and has simplified my life.

Minpunten

The void system being only for restaurant usage is a bit frustrating. The reporting system could also use more options for customization.

Jessica

• Klantenondersteuning

Simple to use, good interface

Beoordeeld op 16-5-2018

Pluspunten

Its very simple to use and train new employees on. Reports are easy to run and can get most data that you need. Allows you to communicate with customers.
They are continuing evolving and adding new features.

Minpunten

Wish there was a way to take a deposit for future orders (placed online or on the phone) so the sales are applied to the date they are picked not the day we take the payment. For advance orders, available pick up times are based on your hours of operations. Wish we could limit that depending on what is being ordered.

• Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great POS for Small Business

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2020

Overall we are pleased with Square and its features. We would like to see Square integrate better with other platforms.

Pluspunten

Square is great for small business it allows the merchant to just pay a fee when a card is swiped rather than a monthly service fee and the percentage charged for swiping a card. They do have an inventory tracking system which is great if that is the only platform you use for inventory. You also get the benefit of free hardware if you choose not to purchase the Square POS system. Square deposits are quick, no holding funds for long periods of time like PayPal. Overall Square is very versatile and we have been very happy with it.

Minpunten

The inventory tracking system is cumbersome and doesn't work nicely with QBO or Shopify. It cannot sync with our Shopify store which ultimately means we have to keep both platforms updated which is a real pain.

Kahlil
  • Sector: Groothandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best POS system on the market today!!!

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2021

My overall experience with Square for Retail has been great. Compared to other services it is head and shoulders above the competition and it seems like it will remain this way for the foreseeable future.

Pluspunten

Square for Retail adds a professional look to any small business. It helps raise the sales of your business while finding unique ways to reduce costs. It is a highly customizable app that can be tailored to the specific needs of your small business.

Minpunten

The only thing that I dislike is the processing fee payment structure that they offer. It is a bit higher than other platforms, but the convenience and ease-of-use of the platform makes it worth it.

Van
  • Sector: Automotive

Clean And Easy

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019

Square is great because it is universally recognized and people are comfortable using it to pay now. Overall the setup has been generally easy and straightforward. I'd definitely recommend it to any small business friends.

Pluspunten

Super easy to use. Every kind of report that you can want is available.

Minpunten

I wish that the fee was a bit lower. The switch to a blue tooth card reader has been interesting. 1/10 times that I try and connect it takes extra time which is a pain if the customer is there waiting.

• Sector: Juridische dienstverlening
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Gets the Job Done

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2020

It easily satisfies our need for a payment processor, but we struggle to get it to do much more than that even after years of use. We've had trouble updating inventory and printing barcode labels. I'm not sure it justifies the monthly subscription price point.

Pluspunten

Square is an easy payment processing solution that we have been able to integrate into our retail store operations. I appreciate that it can keep track of inventory, but the process of adding items can be overwhelming. It's big strength is in it's reporting functions and it's ability to easily track YoY.

Minpunten

We have a lot of glitches with the program, despite updates. We will have to restart and re-login. It is also difficult to add individual inventory items. Also the register display format is not customizable, you are limited to the defaults.

Brian

Great Cost Effective System for Small Business Use

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2022

We love this system and have had no issues. We've been using it for about 4 years and it has met every need, saving us time, and is cost-effective for the features it provides.

Pluspunten

The ease of implementation of the square system was excellent. Once implemented, managing and controlling items and inventory is simple and efficient. The POS system is easy to manage and use, easy to train our staff on, and customizable for all of our needs. The reporting system gives us all the information we need to summarize our sales data, run sales tax reports, and more.

Minpunten

There is not much to not like. For our small business the software works wonderfully, if we had a large variety of items the POS system might get more complicated, but not for us.

Devora
  • Sector: Geestelijke gezondheidszorg
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Square improved my business

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018

My overall experience is beyond satisfactory. This software is a mus for any business. Quick and easy to use and works without any glitches.

Pluspunten

The software is user friendly, quick and easy. I love their simple and straight forward layout. They literally contributed to my business growing!!!!

Minpunten

I can't think of any negative thing to say, except at the beginning I had some problems that turned out to do with poor internet connection.

Tin
  • Sector: Fotografie

Square

Beoordeeld op 10-8-2018

Pluspunten

I love that it's so easy to send invoices in just a second! It keeps track of your clients names and client info, services, invoices etc which is such a timesaver! I can look st a glance and know what invoices have been paid and which ones need to send again.

Minpunten

I would love there to be a way to enter services in so you don't have to type it in each time when making an invoice.