Airtable

4,7 (1.662)
Cloudgebaseerde tool voor organiseren en samenwerken

(1.662)

Steve
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Only limited by your time and creativity

Beoordeeld op 30-12-2019

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pluspunten

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Minpunten

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers.
A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

karan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Powerful Collaboration tool, I just love it

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2022

I have had a positive experience with Airtable so far. I have been using it for a few months now and have found it to be a great tool for organizing and managing data. It is easy to use and understand and allows me to quickly and easily create and update databases. I also appreciate the ability to customize tables and views to fit my needs. The customer service has been helpful and responsive when I have had questions or issues. Overall, I am very satisfied with Airtable.

Pluspunten

1. Easy to Use: Airtable is a user-friendly software that is designed to make it easy to create and manage databases. It has a drag and drop interface that allows users to quickly create tables, add fields, and enter data. 2. Flexible: Airtable offers a wide range of features that can be used to customize and manage databases. It is also compatible with a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, and desktop. 3. Collaboration: Airtable makes it easy to collaborate with others on projects. It allows users to share tables, collaborates in real time, assign tasks, and manage projects. 4. Security: Airtable has a variety of security measures in place to keep data safe. It offers encryption, two-factor authentication, and other tools to ensure that data is secure. 5. Integrations: Airtable can be integrated with a variety of third-party applications, such as Google Sheets, Slack, and Zapier. This makes it easy to extend the functionality of Airtable and automate processes.

Minpunten

1. Limited customization options - Airtable does not offer as much customization as some other platforms.2. Limited features - Airtable does not offer features such as reporting, advanced analytics, and workflow automation.3. Limited mobile support - Airtable does not offer a mobile version of its interface.4. Limited scalability - Airtable is limited in its ability to scale, as it can only handle a certain number of records and fields.5. High cost - Airtable is one of the more expensive options for database software.

Renee
  • Sector: Juridische dienstverlening
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

The use of Airtable

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2023

Worth looking into but it just didn't work for what we were needing it to.

Pluspunten

It offered a lot of features and options for helping us follow up with clients

Minpunten

If you put a reminder on the calendar and linked it to a client, when we deleted it off the calendar, it deleted the client...

Cristina

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A flexible database that fits our needs!

Beoordeeld op 23-10-2022

Airtable is a great platform, that provides an easy way to organize lots of information, with colors to color code cells or data, and the ability to create different views so that each team member can see the list based on their specific needs. The integration of the platform with other services and tools has also allowed us to automate some tasks and be able to manage better our data. This is a platform that has great benefits, and can be used as a database, for logistics, project management and more.

Pluspunten

This software allows our company to create a database based on our needs, it is great for many team members to work in different projects at the same time and be able to keep track of the process.

Minpunten

For some it can take bit of time to understand how to use the software and organize tables, so it can have a learning curve.

• Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Great for small projects and small groups, expensive for larger groups

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2023

Being able to connect records in different sub-databases made my life so much easier and it was also a lot of fun setting up databases for different needs and expanding the bases both in terms of the number of records and also the complexity of the database. Having little to no prior coding experience learning simple and more complex coding in Airtable was a lot less daunting than I had feared.

Pluspunten

Since Airtable has a visual setup that is very similar to spreadsheets that most people are familiar with it is a pretty gentle learning curve. It takes a bit of getting used to not actually treating it as a spreadsheet but you will be happy that you chose Airtable over traditional spreadsheets for your database needs.

Minpunten

The pricing structure might not work for all companies/organizations since you pay a monthly subscription fee per user.

ClickUp

Redenen om over te stappen op Airtable

Airtable seemed less complex to start with.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great tool for content management and tracking

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2022

Helped our team keep all content and social media planning organized in a single place

Pluspunten

To be able to create our content calendar and social media calendar - we can see them in a calendar format as well as list format making it to easy to keep everything streamlined.

Minpunten

it could be used only for content and social media so we had a bit of convincing to do as management felt it was another tool added to many existing ones

• Sector: Grafisch ontwerp

Unlocking the Power of Airtable: A Comprehensive Review

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2023

Pluspunten

I liked how easy it was to use Airtable with its intuitive drag-and-drop interface and its great range of features and customization options. It was also great to be able to access my data from any device, thanks to its cloud-based nature. Finally, I was impressed with the ability to easily collaborate with other Airtable users, making it perfect for teams.

Minpunten

Airtable isn't the cheapest option when it comes to data management. Also, i didn't like the lack of detailed reporting tools. Although Airtable has some basic reporting capabilities, it doesn't have the same level of detail as other services. This could be improved by introducing more advanced reporting options.

Lawrence
  • Sector: E-learning
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Easy tool for process & workflow implementation

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2023

Very unique tool that can do a lot with little in-depth knowledge of how it works

Pluspunten

It's mostly easy to use, the UI is very appealing, very powerful it can do with little knowledge or setup. Lots of resources to learn more about it

Minpunten

The pricing is expensive. It gets a little confusing with the different bases.

Notion en Microsoft Excel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best database software with more uses than you would think!

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2023

Pluspunten

Airtable is very easy to start using, but also has some advanced functionality as well. You can build all sorts of databases for contacts, projects, tasks, etc, and then link them all together.

Minpunten

Some of the functions are a bit difficult to learn in the beginning.

• Sector: Halfgeleiders
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

An acquired product

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2022

Pluspunten

I personally really enjoyed using this as we had multiple people working on one project so someone can login at any point and check out what tasks are still needing to be done where everyone’s at and that was really handy. However, not quite sure what other capacity I would use this

Minpunten

Too many people can have access. some things get changed but thankfully there is a track of who changes what

Laurène
  • Sector: Computersoftware

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Airtable is very powerful for building internal tool or back-offices, UX could be more...

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2022

We use Airtable in several ways:
- Internal ticketing system + reporting (works great)
- Custom apps for our customers, synced with our own software (back-office logic is great, end-user UX is not, we should have used a third-party app builder to make it more user-friendly)
- CRM extension (good for one-off analytics)
- Database for some automations using Make.com (having structured data really helps)

We are overall satisfied, we manage to do everything we want and integrate Airtable with our other software. We hope that Airtable Interfaces will get better, along with some improvements in formulas.

Pluspunten

Airtable is very powerful. It makes database logic accessible to non-developer profiles.
Being able to view your data in so many different ways is great.
Usecases are endless.

Minpunten

I was disappointed by the inability to create easy-to-use apps for the final user. You can either share the entire database with them - which can be overwhelming - or cherry-pick views you want to share with them - which is impractical, especially because those views aren't editable.

This makes Airtable great to build internal tools for tech-savvy teams, but in order to make it usable by other people you'll have to use a third-party app builder (Airtable will then be used as the database / back-office of your app).

In addition to that, I sometimes get frustrated with some formulas, especially "datetime" formulas and recursive logic. These can become overly complicated in Airtable.

Theresa

Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2020

By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Pluspunten

This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Minpunten

There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Asana

Redenen om voor Airtable te kiezen

We came across Airtable and saw that it was much better than what we were currently utilizing.

Google Sheets

Redenen om over te stappen op Airtable

Airtable seemed like the more affordable choice.
Sarah
  • Sector: Detailhandel

The Google Sheet of your dreams

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2022

There is a slight learning curve, but I found Airtable to be really customizable to your unique needs and also your unique perspective on how to use the software. Being able to change the views a zillion different ways and filter accordingly makes it easy for anyone on our team to jump in, find the information they need and organize their own work in a way that makes the most sense to them.

Pluspunten

I love that Airtable largely functions (at least visually) like an Excel doc, which so many of us use to organize ideas and plan projects in a grid form. It maintains that structure but seriously levels up what you can do with the information you put in it.

Minpunten

There have been times when I did miss the simplicity of a Google Sheet/Excel in organizing my information, like being able to merge cells or intersect certain columns/rows visually, but not by the data itself. I wish there was an option that could give you an Airtable view that functioned like a flat excel doc if you needed it to.

Mayank
  • Sector: Animatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Beoordeeld op 29-12-2020

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pluspunten

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Minpunten

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Bynder

Redenen om voor Airtable te kiezen

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Bynder

Redenen om over te stappen op Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

So close to perfect!

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019

Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pluspunten

Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events.

I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet.

The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Minpunten

Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis.

Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

Udayan
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Google Sheets/Excel on steriods

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

Overall experience with Airtable has been amazing, I think it's a brilliant product for cross team collaboration and I love the flexibility you get.

Pluspunten

While there are a lot of things that are great about airtable, these are the ones I love the most:

1. Flexibility to do everything from project management, sprint management, and GTMs.
2. Ease of use: This is like using excel sheets so creating a new task project is basically hit enter and start typing. Obviously, the features are 10 times better on airtable.
3. The different kind of views that I can have is also brilliant, the calendar view, kanban view and my favorite.

Minpunten

I think the only place this tool lacks is in just pure documentation. While you can write long form content here, it doesn't feel natural or intuitive. I really wish they improve the long form text field with rich content formatting and more.

One more thing which is a pain is the mobile app. Feels like an MVP but the viable is so low. I can't even add comments via the app. Quite sad.

Asana en Notion

Jira

Redenen om over te stappen op Airtable

Flexibility and better cross team collaboration. (Also Asana's free version is a joke.)
Jonathan
  • Sector: Evenementenbureaus
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

Pluspunten

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

Minpunten

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Google Sheets en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Airtable

This was a step up from our old method of using a Google sheet to keep information in one place. It hasn't completely replaced Google Docs or Excel, but it has been a great service for us to keep certain records that are harder to keep track of on other less complex platforms.
Kevin
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

Beoordeeld op 4-3-2021

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

Pluspunten

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

Minpunten

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Google Sheets en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om voor Airtable te kiezen

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.
Steve

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Literally Use It For Everything - And LOVE It!

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2021

Pluspunten

I own 3 different businesses, an instrument manufacturing business, marketing agency, and automotive wheel repair business - very different I know haha. Airtable is completely vital for every single one AND for all the clients I manage in there as well on top of personal use.

I literally use Airtable for everything from lead management to production management and tracking to home projects. Here are a few key things I love,

1. How easy it is to use. I can create a custom database/spreadsheet/whatever so incredibly fast even on my phone!

2. The capability of Airtable is amazing. The fact that I can use it for a simple to do list with some more advanced ability all the way to tracking inventory for thousands of items, building quotes, tracking where different drum kits are in the production process and what still needs to be done or ordered then creating a purchase order from that all within 1 table - for FREE - is absolutely amazing to me.

3. The referral credits and program is awesome!

4. Collaboration is very easy and I love how you can have a conversation with the team even on each record. it makes creating new advertising campaigns or taking with my team about a specific drum kit etc. so easy.

5. It updates everywhere so fast so I can keep tabs on my different teams in real time and see if they need anything.

I can't say enough good things about Airtable.

Minpunten

The only con for me is the price. Once you move to paid forms its not expensive at first but once you add team members and add more bases it can get out of hand very fast. I have been able to run everything for free for years but I do wish we could utilize things like their app market or different colors etc. but I just cant justify the price.

Mathias

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Helped us understand complex projects

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2017

I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that.

When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation.

It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable.

With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Pluspunten

The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc.

Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it.

We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Minpunten

I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

Main tool

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Easy start.
Speedy app.
Flexible uses.
Customizable.
Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use.
Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources.
Constantly evolving.
Strong learning resources available.

Minpunten

Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.

Zenkit en MindManager

Ease of use.
Miguel
  • Sector: Grafisch ontwerp
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2018

Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative.

As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Pluspunten

Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet.

For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template.

Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need.

It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database.

Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

Minpunten

It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features.

Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.

Jamie
  • Sector: Facilitaire diensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Airtable is great at organizing complex data that you need to interact with dynamically

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2017

Airtable saves us time, but it also saves us money. We're able to better manage resources when we can see how everything connects. That's what Airtable is great at. We had the data, but we were missing the lenses to put it in perspective. Having a column of dates in a spreadsheet is useful; being able to see those entries distributed on a calendar with a single click is a game-changer.

Pluspunten

We've migrated several of our Operations Office processes to Airtable and couldn't be happier. Not only is Airtable easy to use, it's easy to integrate. It might not do everything we need, but by linking tools, like Zapier, it's so simple to manipulate data and let the data trigger actions in the other software that we use every day.

For example, we've built a base to track key distribution for our 210,000 sq. ft. facility. We have a table with records for each of the 858 unique keys in our inventory, which links to a table where we track all of the keys issued to individuals. With filtered views, it's easy to see who has past due keys or which rooms are at the greatest security risk. And because it's all web-based, we don't have to worry about who checks in a key because everyone's base is updated in real time.

As a relational database, Airtable lets you establish connections between two complex tables. We can click on a person to see all of the keys they've been issued, or we can click on a key to see all of the people who have it.

Not only are our processes more efficient, they're actually more productive. Working from a standard spreadsheet, the type of reporting we're doing now would not be feasible. With Airtable, getting the answer is almost as easy as asking the question, and with the mobile app, I can ask the question wherever I am in the building--or outside of it.

Minpunten

Airtable has a great feature set as a relational database, particularly for the price and ease of use, but there are some limitations--not enough to cost a star in any one category though. The nine bases we've built so far were all things that we migrated from a spreadsheet system. From that perspective, Airtable is missing the ability to use conditional formatting and it's a little lean on available functions in the formula field. So far I've managed to find workarounds for almost everything, but they're not always the most elegant. Despite these limitations, we recently upgraded to an annual paid plan after six months on the free plan.

Emilio
  • Sector: Computersoftware

Flexible and Customizable: A Review of Airtable

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2023

In conclusion, Airtable is a flexible and customizable platform that allows users to create relational databases and organize data in a way that works best for them. It's a great tool for businesses of all sizes and industries, providing a wide range of features such as collaboration, automation, and data visualization. While it may not be as intuitive as other database management software, it's a great option for businesses looking for a powerful and flexible tool to manage their data.

Pluspunten

Airtable is a cloud-based, flexible and customizable platform that allows users to create relational databases and organize data in a way that works best for them. It’s often used for project management, inventory tracking, and even as a CRM tool. Airtable is a great tool for businesses of all sizes and industries, it provides a wide range of features such as collaboration, automation, and data visualization.

Minpunten

One potential con of Airtable is that it may not be as intuitive as other database management software, it may take some time for new users to get familiar with the platform's features and functionalities.

• Sector: Consumentengoederen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

An amazing platform that seems to have forgotten about some of the basics.

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2021

Airtable is about 90% perfect. My experience has been mostly positive and I would definitely recommend the platform to a friend. I just wish a few features would be built out to completion.

Pluspunten

Airtable is a solid platform in most aspects. The UI makes sense, there aren't too many bugs, and the features, for the most part, are extensive.

It's very agile, so I'd imagine most industries could use it.

I personally use it as a glorified spreadsheet for information that is extremely easy to share with others.

Minpunten

The desktop client needs a ton of optimization. The PC I'm using is decked out and Airtable struggles and is very choppy when scrolling through spreadsheets when there are more than a few columns. This gets worse if you have attachments in the cells.

The page designer app could use some love. It's usability is inhibited by the lack of design features.

There is no way to upload your own icon for the bases.

The form view could use some more love. It's very limited with what you can do with it.

Also the 50,000 row limit is really low when you consider the length of time you want to use a base for. The row limit makes me reluctant to use Airtable for some of the things it should be used for. The best example I can think of is if you want to keep a nice record of marketplace / ecommerce orders. If you sell 2,500 items a month, you'll reach the limit in less than 2 years. If you want to track order progress with each step having its own row, obviously it would fill up a ton quicker. If the limit was bumped up to 500,000, I would be much more comfortable with spending more time in airtable.

Also the billing is extremely confusing.