Duo Security

Verificatie van gebruikersidentiteit en detectie van apparaatkwetsbaarheid

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Daniel
Daniel

It's all about security

Beoordeeld op 3-3-2020

Overall, Duo gives me peace of mind knowing that I am the only one that can access my personal data base from log ins and websites. I like knowing that I can approve or reject any log ins from the commodity of my phone.

Pluspunten

Duo is a great option to keep your personal information secured. I like that it requests security validation before logging into websites, and that you have the option to use the app to sign in to any device with a few taps. It is easy to use once everything has been set up correctly.

Minpunten

It can be hard to understand at first, and it might seem a little annoying to have to confirm you are the one logging into your websites every time, but it gets easier if you have the app. Another thing Duo could improve on is the fact that it only lets you "remember" one device at a time. Sometimes I need to log in from my work laptop or my personal laptop and it becomes tedious to remember which device I have registered.

Shannon
Shannon
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Great Security

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2023

Never had any problems with Duo. I broke my phone once and couldn't authenticate myself to get into any important accounts since it was all tied to my phone only. Duo allowed me to get into my accounts that day fairly easily by giving me temporary backup codes until my phone was fixed.

Pluspunten

Duo is simple to use, user friendly, and does all that is needed for authentication. I work with multiple large organizations that have chosen to use it for their employees. It is easy to pair duo with new organizations as well.

Minpunten

So many authentication apps exist, that it is hard to distinguish between them. Duo works great, but so does basically every other authentication method in the app store.

David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Duo Security is a bit of a double-edged sword

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2023

Duo Security is necessary and useful when trying to protect your secure access to portals and data online. However, this company hasn't quite worked out the delays and programming bugs that still come with the app.

Pluspunten

Duo Security does resolve many issues with sensitive information and secure access, as the approved user is given sole access by having this app on the user's phone.

Minpunten

There are numerous delays in alerts and sometimes it appears that programming bugs cause the app to malfunction, even when using the latest version of the app.

Wesley

Duo Security is the best for Two Factor Authentication

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2023

I've had too use it to access my work accounts for many years, I can use my smartphone or my own USB fob which was given to me, so you can see I've been a captive user for a long time.

Pluspunten

It's the best Two Factor authorization solution. Most convenient as I can use either my smartphone or a USB fob, as the 2nd factor.

Minpunten

Just like any two factor solution it takes much more effort than just a single factor login.

Orwell
Orwell
  • Sector: Consumentendiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Mobile authenticator user review

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2023

For me I can describe my experience with the mobile authentication app as very convenient for the security of my work computer since I have my phone at all time and my phone also has a password so that adds another wall of security for my companies sensitive information.

Pluspunten

Duo security mobile app is very convenient since i am working from home and have my phone on me all the time and it is very easy to use the mobile app you just need to open the app and it will show you the one time code for my computer login. And you can also refresh the code anytime if you get it wrong.

Minpunten

For my use it is very convenient and I have not yet got in to anyproblem using the mobile authenticator.

Nicole
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

Great program for security

Beoordeeld op 8-12-2023

Overall great. Easy to use. Quick verification. Like the test or call option.

Overall great. Easy to use. Quick verification. Like the test or call option.

Pluspunten

Easy to use. Love the access to this on my phone. Provides great security measures to avoid unauthorized log in.

Minpunten

Requires multiple log in pushes when changed from different applications within the same program. One verification per program would be nice.

Leila
  • Sector: Research
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A must have for security

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2023

Overall, using Duo helps to be sure that no one can access to my accounts and helps reduce the stress and insecurity.

Pluspunten

Using Duo security gives me the ease of mind that no one can try to hack my email and data . I know that using this, if someone tries to abuse the information and log in to my accounts, I will immediately notified.

Minpunten

One of the problems is that sometimes, even with choosing the remember for 30 days option, I have to enter the passcode on my phone every time that I want to enter to my accounts.

Jomar
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best Authentication App in the business!

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2023

This app is user friendly and I never had a problem with authentication. When it comes to security? Top notch!

Minpunten

There is nothing that I can say that I least like about this application. When it comes to authentication app... For me this is the best so far!

Hilary
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

Easy to use, fast MFA

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2023

Pluspunten

The setup after downloading the app was easy.
Notifications work.
Authentication is fast.

Minpunten

I haven't had any problems with this application.

Juan
  • Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Security goes first

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2023

Pluspunten

It's a great app for cybersecurity and authentications, also works in different platforms

Minpunten

So far, I have no cons with using the app.

• Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

"Streamline Your Security with Duo: The Ultimate Solution for Easy and Effective Protection"

Beoordeeld op 17-3-2023

Pluspunten

Duo Security is a popular vendor that offers a cloud-based multifactor authentication (MFA) solution, which provides many benefits, such as:1. Strong Authentication: Duo Security provides strong authentication to secure access to your applications, devices, and data. Its MFA solution helps to ensure that only authorized users can access sensitive information, preventing unauthorized access.2. Easy Integration: Duo Security can easily integrate with a variety of applications, such as VPNs, cloud applications, and on-premise solutions. This makes it easy to add an extra layer of security to your existing IT infrastructure.3. User-Friendly: Duo Security is user-friendly and easy to use. It offers a range of authentication methods, including push notifications, SMS, phone call, and biometrics, making it convenient for users to access their accounts.4. Comprehensive Dashboard: Duo Security offers a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to monitor and manage authentication events, track device compliance, and gain insights into your security posture.5. Security Features: Duo Security offers several security features, such as device visibility and control, policy enforcement, and adaptive access policies. These features help to ensure that your organization's security policies are enforced, and only authorized users can access sensitive information.

Minpunten

Some potential cons of Duo Security may include:1. Cost: Some users may find the cost of Duo Security to be higher than other security solutions in the market.2. Integration: While Duo Security integrates with many applications and platforms, some users may experience difficulties in integrating with specific systems or may require additional configuration to work effectively.3. User Interface: Some users may find the Duo Security user interface to be confusing or not as intuitive as other security solutions they have used in the past.4. Customer Support: Some users have reported experiencing slow response times or limited support options from Duo Security's customer support team.

John

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Beoordeeld op 30-9-2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Pluspunten

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Minpunten

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Linda
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Duo Security a MUST have!

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2022

The software was literally installed in less than 5 minutes with the help of our IT departments. Multiple questions along with your personal log in allows this to serve as a protection not only for the clients we serve but for me as well should anyone ever attempt to access using my identity.

Pluspunten

This process is ABSOLUTELY a must have in todays cyber world. Using a dual authentication system to access your internet services was easy to set up and even easier to install and use. Any work environment where sensitive or personal data, demographics, or financial information should all be required to provide their employees with this type of DUO security. It is installed easily with the use of your IT department and changes, revisions, updates are also handled by them as well. It truly is a better way to make sure we are doing all we can to keep our internet and services safe.

Minpunten

Honestly I had no issue with the install or the software.

Mirza
  • Sector: Machine- en installatiebouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2020

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

Pluspunten

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

Minpunten

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

• Sector: Mediaproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Does exactly what it does!

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2023

Really, my experience is very positive. When I am disappointed, it is usually because it work well All The Time so I expect to be perfect, but perfect it a high bar to set for anything. I use three different Dual Auth apps and three physical tokens for different applications and Duo it in the top two in terms for favorite in ease to use.

Pluspunten

The PUSH to mobile functionality is just about as easy to use as you can get. Also, I can use the same app for different authentication of different unrelated systems.

Minpunten

The Duo PUSH does not ALWAYS work 100% of the time, but does work 90%. Usually when inside or around electronics, but that is to be expected like with text messages or regular phone calls.

Frida
  • Sector: Professionele training en coaching
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Omnipresent tool. Gives the confidence needed.

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2023

Transforming. Am delighted to say that I can confidently work on my personal matters and responsibilities away from work rest assured that am safe.

Pluspunten

What pushed me into using Duo Security is their trustworthy. It focuses on business protection and solutions leading to an overall best performance. I have enjoyed a user friendly dashboard. Very customizable features with secure multi-factor authentication solution. Deployment went well and didn't consume more time than expected.

Minpunten

With confidence, I salute Duo Security and highly suggest it to anyone. Let it do it for you. Always there for assistance. I have no cons.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Increase the security of your accounts

Beoordeeld op 15-4-2020

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Pluspunten

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Minpunten

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

Scott
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

An added layer of security when working remotely

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2020

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Pluspunten

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Minpunten

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

Gabriel

Duo Review

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2023

Overall Dou mobile does a great job at storing access codes and having easy access to them.

Pluspunten

The product is very simple and easy to use. After the one-time setup to any 2fa-enabled website or application, you only copy the access code and you're in. The implementation with Canvas, which Oregon State University requires, is seamless. After inserting the university's login information, a notification is sent to the device of preference. You only have to click a button and you're in. This one-click access is dependent to applications that support it, otherwise a copied code is required.

Minpunten

For mobile application: The only concern is the application doe not have the ability to enable lock, such as FaceID or fingerprint. Therefore, other individuals could access those codes if the phone is unlocked.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 5.001-10.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Duo Security will make your account secure

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Pluspunten

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Minpunten

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Jane

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2016

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily.

I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind.

I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure.

Highly recommended!

Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Minpunten

Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2019

Pluspunten

I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Minpunten

Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

• Sector: Telecommunicatie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Good

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2019

Pluspunten

I use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.

Minpunten

Selecting "Stay logged in for 7 days" only works sometimes for some reason.

cody
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Inexpensive MFA Solution

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2022

Pluspunten

Once you set up the Duo proxy, the product is very easy to use.

Minpunten

There seems to be a weekly issue with notifications of some failed component or other.

Jared

Duo Security User Review

Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

Duo security helps me keep my information secure and safe by creating a simple and user-friendly two device authentication process for accessing information.

Pluspunten

My favorite part about the software is its ability to connect with my apple watch so that I can quickly approve login requests and access confidential personal information. The two-factor authentication process keeps me at ease about this information remaining secure.

Minpunten

My least favorite thing about Duo is that sometimes there is a delay on the push notification being sent to my phone. I occasionally experience some lag time and wish I could authorize my account faster.