OnTheClock.com

OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

4.7/5 (361 review)
Mark B.

Love this product

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Easy, professional, intuitive, inexpensive, feature rich, and a set-it and forget-it type of product. We have never had to call for customer service in two years of use.

Pluspunten

It's accurate, easy to use and implement, super reliable, and very cost efficient. Don't let the big payroll services sell you an expensive time clock product that isn't better than OnTheClock.com and that costs 10 times more!

Minpunten

What I like least about this software is that I didn't know about it years before I implemented it. We were using a paper system for time reporting by employees until we found someone padding their hours. OnThe Clock.com stopped the padding process immediately and paid for itself 10 times over.

Hi Mark,

Wow, wow, wow. This is what we have to say from your awesome review and feedback. It makes OnTheClock very happy to read how we have helped you and your company. Sounds like you had an issue with time theft from an employee, which is a huge situation among millions of companies in the world.

Thanks again,
OTC Team

Justin N.
Sector: Bouw
Vertalen met Google

OntheClock has revolutionized our business and helped us increase revenues!

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

10/10. Highly recommend! Skip the other apps and use OTC.

Pluspunten

Prior to OTC, we were having employees manually log hours. This was not effective and very time consuming because we had no way to oversee that employees were being honest about their time logs.

We then tried out a few other applications, but they lacked essential functionality that we required. Then we tried OTC. It is a game changer! Our employees press 1 button on their phone to clock in and the same button to clock out. SIMPLE. The app also has GPS tracking, which shows us exactly where the employee is when they clock in and out. This ensures that they are being truthful about punches. The best part is that its completely free up to a certain number of employees. We're happy to pay for our 10 employees.

Minpunten

Our biggest issue was the User Interface for the admins. They recently overhauled it and now we love it. So no cons now.

Hello Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest and detailed review. We are happy that you enjoy our new time clock user interface.

Jonathan M.
Sector: Juridische dienstverlening
Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers
Vertalen met Google

Ontheclock makes it absurdly easy to track time and punches.

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Ontheclock allows us to easily track punches across all employees and locations, even remote employees who work from home. It also ensures quick, easy, and accurate punches from employees as they don't have to spend any more than a couple of seconds to punch into the Group Punch site once it's up.

Pluspunten

The incredible amount of flexibility it offers is amazing. You can set or restrict punches from specific devices, regions, IP addresses, and similar on a per-employee basis or account-wide, allowing you to make sure that every employee is punching in when and were it's appropriate to do so. It allows a per-employee automatic accrue system for PTO. Approving PTO requests is a breeze as well.

Minpunten

In terms of end-user friendliness, it's a bit rough for non-tech-savvy folks to find the specific website they should log into and punch from - just going to ontheclock.com doesn't actually show anywhere you can log in or punch. This leads to needing to explain specific steps and URLs to users, or sending them a link to click, rather than just telling them to go to the site. It's also a bit of a hassle to reach the Group Punch site where employees can simply enter their employee number to punch in or out, and that could easily be resolved by having an application you could download to turn a desktop into a punch station.

Antwoord van OnTheClock

Hi Jonathan, thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. We always like to hear how we can improve. Have a great day :)

Armando L.
Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche
Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

On Cue is On the clock

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It will let us have a good sight of any type of trends on employees getting in late, absenteeism. This way we can spot them and have a talk to them.

We keep track of overtime, so we are able to study if any employee is abusing or if a client is needing employees to do overtime we can show them a report from on the clock

Pluspunten

It provides many different ways of keeping track of employees.

Its user friendly for our employees, and does not required a highly skills in computer.

It provides accurate information at the time of keeping control of overtime, vacation hours, sick and personal tme.

It will let you know who is in, and out at any time of the day.

It also let you see where they are punching in, and what computer they did it

Its not expensive, and it will let you add the company Logo in the employee "punch in" website.

Minpunten

So far whe have not been able to find something to dislike from On The clock...

I would say having some videos inside the administrator website showing what you're able to do will be a great way to start. But besides that On the clock is really worth its price

Hi Armando,

Thank you for your very detailed review. We appreciate your feedback. Here is a link to our video section if you are interested :)

Have a great day,

Sue S.

Great Time Clock Solution

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I really love the ease of use of this software and have implemented it in two other companies I work for.

Pluspunten

We had tried various time clock machines that failed to work consistently and then I found this software and never looked back. The customer support is superior. Easy set up, super reasonable pricing and it has all the features that my company needs.

Minpunten

Not too long ago they did a "face lift" to the format of the website and I liked the format of the Time Card page before the face lift.

Hello Sue,

Thank you so much for the kind review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Jennifer S.

We love OnTheClock

Beoordeeld op 20-5-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We've tried other time keeping solutions, but have stayed with OnTheClock now for approximately 7 or so years because it is so easy and versatile. We don't even use half the available functions because our office is small and "easy", but it's nice to know all those other functions are there for more complex businesses. In only word, the reason we have stayed is because it is "SIMPLE" and we just love that this is one thing we can count on that won't be a hassle.

Pluspunten

Prior to switching to OnTheClock we actually had a thumbprint scanner. Half of our employees couldn't get it to scan their thumbs consistently. We have satellite offices that created a lot of manual adjusting because we only had one scanner. OnTheClock is sooooo much easier! Accessible from anywhere you have internet access and if there are manual corrections/adjustments to make they are a snap and biweekly I get OnTheClock to email our accountant timecards with no hassle.

Minpunten

n/a - can't really even think of any cons.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind review! Your feedback on how you use our time clock system for your business is very important to us as well. Have a great day!

Beth L.
Sector: Horeca

Best Time-clock App!!!

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019

Pluspunten

This app does everything I need it to do and more! I chose this one over the others because it does a time sheet/stub I can include with my employees checks. It’s the perfect app for my cleaning business!!

Minpunten

I do not like that it is priced per user. As my business grows the price goes up for each new employee.

Hello Beth,

Thank you for reviewing our time clock. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. We try our best to accommodate everyone's needs who uses our employee time tracking solution. Have a great day.

Ashley A.

Amazing Staff Member

Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 2-6-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall, I really like it. The staff love it too.

Pluspunten

I love how easy it is to set up and use and how knowledgeable the staff is to the software.
One staff member in particular, Chris Zoldos, helps me every time I have a question. Hes quick to answer and also doesn't talk to you all robotic like I've seen in other chats from other companies.

Minpunten

I do wish that you could set the time card to be in minutes instead of decimals when fixing hours. It's difficult to see 7.45 and think it means 7 hours and 27 minutes rather than be 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Antwoord van OnTheClock

Hi Ashley, thank you for the kind review regarding our product and our customer support rep, Chris. We value your feedback :)

Louie F.
Sector: Afdrukken en drukwerk

Absolute Amazing

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

It has allowed me to save so much time each two weeks with figuring out my payroll for my staff. Plus it has cut out the dishonesty of some employees, who would add time to their time cards, previous to this system.

Pluspunten

I love that I was able to get rid of my paper time cards, employees cheating on their times when they would log in and out, and it keep track of the total hours for me, instead of me having to figure everything out every payday, I run one simple report and input that info into my payroll manager.

Minpunten

The only issues I have, that are the time accumulator that is supposed to help me track sick time, etc is not working correctly, however I have not attempted to contact tech support yet. Also the other thing is, we are in Arizona and we do not change times, but some of my employees show up in the reports and hour off from the other employees and we have been unable to get all of our staff on the same time zones, even though we have configured the settings correctly. Otherwise a great product.

Antwoord van OnTheClock

Thank you for the review! We will have a representative contact you so we can assist you with tracking your employee's sick time.

Alisha W.
Vertalen met Google

One of the best decisions we ever made was to get one the clock!

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Just not having to calculate a bunch of paper time sheets is a huge benefit!!

Pluspunten

We love that there is an app and the majority of our staff use it. There have been very few times that we've needed to call customer service but when we do, they are fantastic and responding quickly and helping us resolve the issue. We used to do paper time sheets and will NEVER go back to that after switching to on the clock.

Minpunten

The app sometimes has trouble with follow through if not on wifi. If we are not watching carefully, we think we've clocked out but the app didn't follow through with it. We have to wait for the little message to come up saying the clock out occurred. Also, the last time we used the PTO request feature through the app, it didn't work properly which caused trouble on the book keeping end of things. Our staff now know that if they use that feature on the app, to notify me so I can make sure it worked.

Hi Alisha,
Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in some of the troubles that you have experienced. We are here to help you and your company as much as possible.

Joseph S.

Want your time clock easier? - Read below

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I like the fact that I don't have a paper trail.

Pluspunten

Really easy way to keep your employees honest about their time clock, punching in/out. I love the GPS feature so that they aren't "clocking in" at home then driving to the office. Called BS on that once!
Also, they just whip out their phones once they get here to punch in/out, then they are finished.
For payroll. Just go to manage employees tab, select the time frame for payroll. Ours is every 2 weeks. Hours are automatically calculated. IF, there's something odd, I can look at each individual punch. For instance, someone forgot to punch out and was on the clock for 27 hours straight. Quick edit and back to honest hours.

Minpunten

Sometimes it takes a day to get a response back from customer service. But, that's a rare occasion. A real human typically answers right away.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for the great review and feedback. We hope that you never have to wait for a response. Our customer support team does their best to answer tickets as soon as possible. Thank you once again and have a great day!

Kevin K.
Sector: Vastgoed
Vertalen met Google

Best clock station ever used

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

In the 8 years of using On The Clock it has only got better as improvements are made.
Price is the best for its money.
The ease of using the system saves time.
Tracking employees time has never been better.

Thank you On The Clock from the staff at Pierce Properties in Fayetteville Arkansas.

Pluspunten

The ease of use for the employees and the use of a clock station in the shop.
Automatic time entered for salary employees.
Tracking of vacation, PTO.
Texted when employee clocks in or out.
Ease of editing time.
Audit log.
Payroll calculations.

Minpunten

On salary employee that are paid the same every 2 weeks regardless of hours they is no way to put pay rates in system unless you enter in hour rate rather than salary amount.

Hi Kevin,

We can't express enough how thankful we are to have you as a customer for 8 years. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for taking the time to review us.

Charisse P.
Vertalen met Google

On the clock is easy for the employees to clock in/out.

Beoordeeld op 4-7-2017

Pluspunten

Easy for the employees to use. They are able to see their hours worked without an issue. It is also easy for me to see who is in and not.

Minpunten

On the clock, need more options for reporting. I would like to be able to print in first name order, that is the order QuickBooks has the employees. It would be nice to be able to add the salary employees to keep track of vacation, sick and holiday. I wish there was a way to add holidays for all employees, not individually.

Hello Charisse,

Thank you for the review :) You're right, we do need more reporting options and this is something that we would like to have available sooner than later.

-Salaried employees can track vacation, sick and holiday using OntheClock. They would do it the same way hourly employees do, except they would not punch in or out each day using the punch clock.

-The employer can add bulk pto using OntheClock PTO Menu -> Bulk PTO.

I hope this information was helpful. One of our customer support members will be reaching out to you soon to help assist you with these options.

Have a great day, OTC Team

Robin L.
Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
Vertalen met Google

Great company to work with! Easy to set-up. Customer support is friendly and quick to respond.

Beoordeeld op 23-4-2018

Pluspunten

The software pretty much covers all the bases! The basic software is very user friendly for administrator, managers and employees. It's customizable in several areas as well. It's an really good value for all that you get. Last week, one of my colleagues was looking for a new online time clock service, and I recommended you!

Minpunten

I would like to be able to add text to the "SCHEDULE" function.
Ex. Would be nice to be able to include the text OFF on days that employees do not work. Currently, if you don't add any hours, it is just a blank space, which can be confusing.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the great review and the referral! We are thankful to have customers like yourself! Thank you for the feedback regarding text in the scheduling feature. We will inform our developers about this :)

Shelly B.
Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Perfect for Keeping Track

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019

Pluspunten

I love this software because of it's ease of use. The mobile app is very simple. Our staff have no problems using it. I love the reporting. Very simple, yet has everything I need.

Minpunten

I would love to be able to manipulate the excel report I create. Right now the report includes all variables, even the ones that we have turned off. We use PTO only for sick, vacation, personal days. I have limited what our staff can choose when entering time to just the PTO, but when you print the excel sheet, all the choices are on the sheet. I can hide or delete the columns I don't use, but there's always a risk of deleting a column with time in it. I'd love for the excel sheet to match the variables I have allowed the staff to see.

Hello Shelly,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and review.

Tammi O.
Vertalen met Google

We use this for employees, entering hours daily and for tracking weekly hours.

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2018

Pluspunten

Ease of entering hours for the employees and retrieving hours to send to payroll for me. Apparently I'm supposed to make something up to fill the space here... That's pretty ridiculous.

Minpunten

That PTO is automatically added to the pay hours when requested by email & approved. This has caused a lot of confusion in our organization. I'd like to see the ability to set a limit on hours that employees cannot go over. Vacation/PTO hour tracking is not easy from what I can find there. I end up tracking that on a spreadsheet, which is a pain as the employees cannot see that and it is not automated.

Hi Tammi,

Sounds like you may need assistance with some of your time clock settings. Please give us a call at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for your review!

Kevin C.
Sector: Hoger onderwijs
Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Easy and reasonably priced

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Using Quickbooks with the time clock information makes payroll take a couple of minutes, allowing me to get done quickly and correctly.
Employees like the ease of use, so they actually clock in and out!
The cost of the program has risen, but still well worth the time savings.

Pluspunten

As an employer I wanted an easy to use time clock. This is and has been such an easy set up and managed program I could not recommend it more highly.
The ability to assign managers for other employees has made my payroll day so much easier, which is a big time saver, making payroll a breeze.

Printing options.
There is not a smooth way to print audit logs.
Having that additional report would be a great help for documentation of changes made after the fact.

Hi Kevin,

We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day!

Caroline B.

Great Product

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2019

Pluspunten

I have been using ontheclock.com for several years. This software is extremely user friendly for employees as well as bookkeepers. Their customer service through "chat" on their website is wonderful. There is always someone there to answer your questions and they can look at exactly what you are looking at to help answer any questions or solve any problem. It's very easy to add additional hours for employees or to adjust employee time if needed.

Minpunten

There really is not anything I don't like about the software. It has worked great for me and my employees.

Hello Caroline,

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We are extremely happy to hear that our time clock system has benefited your company.

Have a great day!

Brad D.
Sector: Administratie
Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

On The Clock-One Stop Time Tracking for Small Business

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Love OnTheClock and recommend it to everyone looking for a simple, cheap and easy time clock solution.

Pluspunten

This software is very easy to set up, use and customize. Anybody who uses paper time clocks needs to look at this software, it has saved me so much time with several clients. No more adding up time cards, time sheets and tracking down time reports!!!

Minpunten

Occasionally some employees have had issues with the mobile app not working quite right, but that may have been fixed as I haven't had any complaints for a long long time.

Hello Brad,

We appreciate your feedback. We have done a few updates to our mobile app to fix some bugs - this may be why you have not received any complaints in a while. Hopefully this continues and we are very happy to read your comment.

Patricia F.
Vertalen met Google

I have been using OnTheClock.com for 10 years - and have instituted it in many clients office since!

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Easily accessible time information.

Pluspunten

Easy to set up - implement. Easy for staff. Easy to access. Security lock down features makes it trustworthy.

Minpunten

Would like to force staff to change password more routinely. At some point when the staff get larger, the price can go from very affordable to questionable.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for the kind review. Regarding the price, our pricing per employee actually decreases with the more employees you add, so no worries there. Also, your employees do have the option to change their own password as long as you have this option turned on. How you can turn it on/off is go into the Employees tab, select the General Tab, and scroll down where it says Additional Options. You will see "Allow Changing Password" and you will have the option with a drop down box. Hope this helps :)

Kristopher H.
Vertalen met Google

OnTheClock has been the most straight forward and cost-efficient time clock system we've worked with

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2017

Pluspunten

Mobile access with GPS tracking, regular updates, easy-to-use interface, web-based access, and competitive pricing structure are all items that are worth of highlighting with the software. Customer Service's response to questions has usually been within just a few minutes to an hour, which is leaps ahead of any other software we've worked with.

Minpunten

Archiving of time cards and custom date sorts on the time card tab can be display wonky and difficult to navigate. Lack of user roles also limit the functionality from an administrator perspective. We'd love a role that allows for approving of time cards without creation of users, an ability to sort by needing approval. The PTO aspect is a nice touch, but with some more functionality in regards to exporting or preventing requesting PTO beyond max use, it would merit even more priase.

Thanks for the review :)

Christina A.
Sector: Human Resources

10 year customer!

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I would recommend OTC to anyone or business needing to keep track of their employees hours, rather it be a large or small company. OTC is set up in a simple and user friendly way.

Pluspunten

We have been using OTC for 10 years and have never had any problems with them! We have tried other time card services in the past but none have been as easy or as simple and user friendly.

Minpunten

We have not had any issues with using the software in the past 10 years and when I did have to call in the one time, my question was answered and I got to talk to a person and not an automated voicemail.

Hi Christina,

Thank you very much for reviewing our employee time clock. Also, thank you for being a user of ours for so long - we truly appreciate it! Have an amazing day!

Joy C.
Sector: Consumentendiensten
Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

SIMPLE and EASY

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My business's experience has been positive.

Pluspunten

The initial draw was that it was free for my very small business of 1-2 employees. But I am impressed with the choices and functions OTC offers. OTC makes it simple to break hours down using multiple, customizable filters. Saves me time, and I trust its accuracy. The mobile app is also an invaluable part of the service.

Minpunten

Set up was a bit overwhelming, as the site is not intuitive.

Antwoord van OnTheClock

Hi Joy! Thank you so much for the great review and feedback. You will be happy to know that we are currently working on the user side of the site to provide you and others with an even better experience. Have a great day!

Ken P.
Sector: Automotive

OnTheClock

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We are trying to organize specific jobs with the punches and the employees are not working with us.

Pluspunten

Quick end of the pay period totals and exceptional pricing

Minpunten

Sometimes the ability for an employee to clock in outside of the building on an app makes me question integrity. Have not had any specific issues though.

Hello Ken,

Thank you for the kind review. You are able to set mobile punching restrictions for your employees if mobile punching is a concern. Also, you have the ability to turn mobile punching off entirely and have them punch in and out by the use of a desktop or other methods that are inside your place of business. If you would like further assistance on this please contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Have a great day and thanks once again,

Emma Z.
Sector: Detailhandel
Vertalen met Google

I love how convenient this software is for my employees to use and for me to access their data.

Beoordeeld op 30-4-2018

Pluspunten

I like the ability to limit where my employees can sign in online. This allows me to make sure remote employees are actually at work when they clock in.

Minpunten

I would like to make it easier to get to the basic login screen for my employees. They often have to go to the more detailed home page first.

Hello Emma,

Thank you for the kind review. Here is the link below that will take your employees directly to our employee punch site.

You can save it as a favorite on your browser.

Also, we offer a widget/button for you to install onto your website for easy employee punching. The instructional link on how to install this is below.

Hope this helps! Have a great day!

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 9.0/10